Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

queenmushroom
True Blue Farmgirl

985 Posts

Lorena
Centerville Me
USA
985 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2014 :  1:10:57 PM  Show Profile
I am sitting in the vacant apt above my work place waiting for out belated Christmas party to begin. I need to use the oven to cook my homemade macncheese. I see 4 deer out the window in the grass Marsh that runs beside the machias river. Looks like one was last years Lamb. The deer are feeding and chasing each other as well. It's a damp low thirties now and cloudy. The weather has been frigid and I'm sick of the gales that's been blowing.

Sorry to hear about the stolen wood. Remember what comes around goes around. 40 degrees here in Maine is tee shirt weather.

Patience is worth a bushel of brains...from a chinese fortune cookie
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2014 :  3:53:51 PM  Show Profile
Hi Lorena, Ya, I would think 40 was t-shirt weather too. Right now, around 7 PM, we have a mind-numbing 5 degrees! Good to see you Lorena.
I went out and made sure the birds had a lot of seed today and it was in the teens then. Now it's just bitter. I sure hope all the animals have a decent place to sleep. It was probably such a joy to watch deer out the window with bustling noise inside, huh? 2 totally different scenes.
Stay warm ya'll!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"
"The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it is on my list!"
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2014 :  12:51:20 PM  Show Profile
Bunny...saw your Steampunk Jacket in the magazine yesterday!!!! Very Awesome girl...so proud of you!
It hit the BnN shelves yesterday. And they have tons of them. Just had to share the news!!

Have been having trouble getting on the boards for some reason....but will try again later.

Love and Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

"Believe in yourself and let the glitter fly!" P.Smith Mail Art Hostess
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2014 :  4:30:01 PM  Show Profile
my side yard yesterday

Blog http://cherimemacfarlane.wordpress.com
Cherime
Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

2991 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
2991 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2014 :  5:00:26 PM  Show Profile
We're on our way Cherime! I haven't seen my yard for a couple weeks now! Where are we at anyways girls? My sense of direction isn't very good. I get lost easily. :0p

Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701
http://nndairy.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2014 :  5:52:49 PM  Show Profile
Hi girlie, Let's see think we are in Virginia, um, I hope. Hahaha, like I said before, I get lost easily too. We may be taking a lot of side trips. hahaha Those can be fun though. Hey Heather, you can be the navigator, since I'm driving. There's a map in the glove box. Patsy said that they have 30's today, which is better than what we've had Heather. Still, I'll bet she's ready to go. Hey Patsy, are ya packed and ready? Bring some RC and any munchies you have. We don't want to run out. It usually takes about 12 hours to get from Ohio to N.C. Ya may as well take a snooze Heather. I know where I am at the moment. Before ya do, hand me some of those corn chips I brought, and a can of pop. I need a snack to keep me awake. I made some homemade fudge brownies with fudge icing. They turned out pretty good. I haven't made those since the late 80's. They we're my ex's favorite. I think I'm over him now...so I decided to make a batch again. hahahahaha Hey, there sure are a lot of cops out tonight. I don't know if I feel safer or more nervous with them out here. I guess as long as they aren't tailing me, I'll be all right.
...to be continued....

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

2991 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
2991 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2014 :  08:04:04 AM  Show Profile
I'm all rested up now. I'll drive for a bit if you want me to :) Brownies are my favorite - thanks for making them. Boy, it sure is beautiful here in Virginia - or are we through it already? Either way this sure beats sitting at home freezing! Lets find something good on the radio. Think this is bluegrass country? I sure love a good banjo picking song. I actually have a banjo at home. Just haven't figured out how to play it yet. Maybe when we get back I'll get it out.......

Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701
http://nndairy.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2014 :  11:10:16 AM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
Did somebody say Brownies!? Oh ya, bring it on! I'm a Chocoholic for sure! still, after all these years! Glad my bikkini is a one piecer with a cute, full skirt! hahahahhaha

Whew! can't believe I'm ready..in more ways than one..for this road trip. Grabbed my bag of stick pretzels for that Nutella. Had to get the RC and peanut butter cups.

NO! my "I'll always be younger than you" sis. Didn't have the bikini on, but did have short shirt sleeves on when it was 50. Nnow it's barely 30 if that..Oh and I can take my turn at the wheel to help you drive since it IS a l o n g trip and VIrTUaL..

Gonna bring a truckload of wood too. Since we live in a forest, we got plenty. :)

The mailman is poking along our road, no road trucks out yet for the 2 plus inches of snow we got the last 2 days. No school either..so it's pretty too look at, untouched and s m o o t h. WEIRD weather, 50 one day, 5 at night and teens next day..glad to get away from it all. where we at girls?

Thomas Edison: "Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." :)
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2014 :  4:51:03 PM  Show Profile
Hi there, Glad ya'll are enjoying the brownies. Can't beat a recipe all from scratch, can ya? Let's see, we are in Tennessee,so there should be all kinds of good music on here. I'm gonna nap while Heather drives. I need a little shut-eye...if only because of the sugar overload I'm on.LOL Heather, you have a banjo at home? Patsy and Jim have one too, and a mandolin and who knows what all. You guys could startup a bluegrass band. hahaha What all do you have Patsy? Patsy? PATSY!!! Get out of those PB cups! You've been eating them ever since you got in the car. *giggle* Are there any left? I thought, to get to Washington, and take in some warm weather too, we could take 40 to Oklahoma City, pick up 35 in OK,then 81 in Wichita KA, then 80 in York NE,(hey don't we have a NE farmgirl there)lol...then 84 in Salt Lake City,UT and that'll take us to Vancouver where Peg lives. Hey Bunny,where are you from there? Could you meet us at Pegs? Hey Peg, either you'll have to do the map-work to get us from there to Wasilla,AK, or Dave said we should probably take a Tramp-Steamer from there, because of that avalanche, to haul all our firewood and us to Anchorage. He said that the steamers are about 2 busses wide and 2 busses long in size, but are nice, not fancy, but nice. We can rent a car or Cherime can meet us in Anchorage.
Yess-sir-ee, I've been doing my leg-work(map-work)on this trip. hahaha So, what sights should we see on this trip across the U.S?. Got any ideas? hmmmm....?
...To be continued....

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2014 :  5:29:13 PM  Show Profile
Judy, you will pass by me first. I'm in The Dalles on 84. I'm waiting and there better be brownies left or I won't share my special lemonade! I'll have a new jar of Nutella though. I bet Patsy eats all yours up.

Peggy, I'm glad to see the magazine is out! Yea!! I haven't gotten my tea yet. I could have walked to your house by now! Slow mail this weekend I guess.

Later for now.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
Handmade stuff http://www.curiousorangecat.etsy.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2014 :  6:10:30 PM  Show Profile
Out of Washington state it is pretty easy. Take the main Canada Highway 1 east to Cashe Creek. Then Highway 97 to Prince George British Columbia. From there you have a choice, stay on 97 to Dawson Creek and pick up the Alaska Highway or Highway 16, the Yellow Head Highway to Highway 37, the Cassiar Highway. The Alaska Highway winds in and out as it crosses the Great Divide. The Cassiar is a straight shot through BC to Yukon Territory. There the Cassiar rejoins the Alaska Highway. Make a left and head on into Whitehorse YT. Stay on the Alaska Highway, that is pretty easy to do. When you get to Alaska take a left at Tok onto the Tok Cuttoff. That brings you to the Richardson. A little jog and a right turn at Glennallen takes to to Palmer which is a hop skip and jump to Wasilla. I just made big honkin yeast rolls called baps in Scotland and a big pot of split pea porridge. The temp is a little cooler today at 35 but gloriously sunny.

Cherime
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2014 :  6:56:00 PM  Show Profile
well holy cow yall did you forgot to stop in Nebraska and pick me up? I am near 50 does that count. Peggy I have wine, chocolate, tea, and did I say chocolate? It has been a week.

My dog and I got tripped up and I ended up at the bottom of the basement steps. YIkes! Thankfully I didn't break anything. I have several bruises on my touché...and my neck has been out of whack but getting better...talk about not flying with my wings straight. This madame butterfly has been off course and the little butterflies are like what is up with that.

well I just wanted to stop in and say hello. No more trips without me. I can drive....we may get lost but it would be an adventure.
love to you all
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Today Is The Day
http://todayanewday.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2014 :  7:18:56 PM  Show Profile
Hi ladies. Nothing to post yet, it hasn't arrived but I'm patiently waiting. I'm sure this crazy weather we've all been having is playing a factor.

They were predicting miserable weather this past weekend so I did all my shopping Friday after work and hunkered down for the weekend. I hate being out on icy roads plus the winds were causing ground blizzards. I cooked us some yummy food and we curled up reading.

Bunny - I so wish I could see the magazine so I could see the jacket! The closest B&N is 90 miles away :O(

Cherime - it sounds divine to drive up there not to mention the food. You wouldn't need a roommate would you? or a renter? LOL

Peggy - so sorry you're still being bothered by this remodel. I hope they are going to compensate you for all this headache. If the paint crackled it's probably because they didn't clean or prep the cabinets.

Sorry I missed the road trip. I could really use it. I would ask that everybody keep me in thought and prayer. Things on the home front are not good. I'll leave it at that. I'll check my PO box probably Friday and hopefully I'll be able to post pictures this weekend :O)

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://ndprairiegypsy.blogspot.com/
Jamestown, ND
Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2014 :  10:15:30 AM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
** BIG GRIN **
Of course there's still lots of PB cups left! I got a HUGE bag! anybody else want some?
FYI sis, we have a tenor ukelele, banjo and a couple of guitars, all played by hubby, not me.
Don't worry Bunny, I will hide a brownie or 2 for you. :)Might be squished, but it's the taste that counts, right? I DO adore Nutella, so brought some also..teehee

TLT: You can drive us anywhere you want! I LOVE adventures! We always go down roads saying "wonder where this road goes?"
Sounds like you forgot to put your wings ON you silly goose. Sure hope you feel better fast. When I fell down our basement steps years ago, because hubby and FIL busted a step off hauling a dryer up them and forgot to tell me, my back was so bruised right across the bra line, you couldn't even touch it and no discoloring, so it was DEEP! and the fun part? My chiropractor was in a basement that had painted steps leading downstairs. Never went to one before, so wore a half slip with a skirt and blouse.After removing said skirt and blouse, I lay face down on the table with my face in the hole.After an exam and wonderful hot and cold treatments on my sore back, he SMACKS me on the bottom and says, "All done for now!" I was in such SHOCK, I couldn't react, not one word. I was SO embarrassed I couldn't move. He was the ONLY chiropractor in town on the insurance list or I would have changed docs. It's funny now, but wasn't then! We laugh about Dr.Boggs in the basement.

PGT: We did the same thing knowing bad weather was on the way. Did the laundry, got groceries and hunkered down too. Felt so good looking outside during the snow and cold, knowing we didn't have to go out there!

Cheime: Was drooling all over the place for those baps when I got to the split pea thing and turned green. (pardon the pun) Got foundered on it when I was little, so ya. no more...but pass the baps please! nothing satisfies like yeasty rolls! YUMM!

Thomas Edison: "Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." :)

Edited by - craftbug on Jan 30 2014 10:16:19 AM
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2014 :  4:01:03 PM  Show Profile
Peggy, still no tea mail. Did you get my address right?

I finally got a letter from my youngest son. I feel so much better. It took almost a week to get here. He is going good. He said it is harder than he thought but is not quitting. Although he said he understood why some guys quit. He says his Senior Drill Instructor is wonderful and makes them all laugh. He even sent home two of the drill instructors for being jerks and going overboard. I will get to see him when he graduates in April in San Diego.

I got the flu last night. I think I got it from a friend. She gave me a big hug the other night and then was sick the next day. No More HUGS!!

Judy and Patsy, I can't wait for you to pick me up! Don't forget Tammy in Nebraska. She needs a break more than anyone! I'll have plenty of snacks to replenish the stash when you get here.

Cherime, I sure hope you are staying warm.

Patsy, I'm appalled at how that Dr. treated you! I would have never gone back no matter how terrible I felt.

Time for a nap!

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
Handmade stuff http://www.curiousorangecat.etsy.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2014 :  7:38:54 PM  Show Profile
Ok gals, I figured that you would all appreciate this. My sweet man made us an ATT Yahoo map for our whole journey today,(13pages) that even INCLUDES going to NE for Tammy. What a guy! He's getting into this trip too.hahaha He even saved it in my documents.
TLTammy, I hope you aren't too beat up from your ordeal...you poor lady.(hubby said, "that poor dog)hahahaha leave it too a man to be concerned over the dog! hahahaha We'll be there in a few days. Pack your duds and grab some extra chocolate for us.
Bunny, we will let you know when we are getting close, even though you'll probably hear us coming long before we get there. hahaha
Patsy's driving(us all nuts), I mean driving the car, right now. *snicker* We're making good time since we are all taking a turn at the wheel. We seem to be getting through a state a day. We are coming out of Arkansas going into Oklahoma. We're all singing the OK. state song. *giggle*
We're getting strange looks from people passing us. We don't care!

I took Mama in to have a Parasyntesis(draining)today. She was swelling up pretty bad so I called yesterday and they got her in today. That was meant tobe. Thank You Lord! She had 3 1/2 liters drained out. She was without her one water pill that really helps her for about a week. The doctors were playing, "I didn't give her that-you did," and nobody would fill it for her. Then she went through her papers and found a script from back in Oct., and got it filled. It had been written by an E.R. doc.So now we will get her MD to write it for her when it runs out again. At least her office is here in town. It was so cold and bitter today(8 at 8 AM/26 at noon-wind chill 18)so now I can't get warm. I'm going to go to bed and hopefully warm up and not get sick. My ears are aching even though I had a hat covering them. Time for Alka-Seltzer cold-plus night-time. Works wonders for me.
Good-night Buds! Ya'll sleep snug and warm! Love Yuns!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!

Edited by - herblady55 on Jan 30 2014 7:41:49 PM
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2014 :  10:55:35 PM  Show Profile
Hi Girls...I have been on here 3 different times (on my Kindle Fire HDX because I crashed my computer) but I
talk too much (Who ME?) and by the time I went to submit...it would say "webpage cannot be found." Grrrr!!!

All the Tea Pkgs came back to me because I didn't have enough stamps on it. I only put two on them and they wanted
$1.38 more on each Pkg...which you will see is just a small envelope. Take a Tip from me Tea Swappers...send flat
Tea Bags or be prepared to spend about $23.00 to mail 11 envelopes. Sorry, they will be later than I had planned but
I did re-mail them this morning.

My life has been crazy with the Kitchen Remodel but it should be finished by tomorrow and the Property Manager is throwing
in New White Appliances (which they did NOT do for the other four units they redid the kitchens for). I give God all the
credit because I prayed about it and then approached the Manager about it and she said they would replace the dishwasher
tomorrow and the stove next month. Praise The Lord!!! I am so happy that I will have a brand new renovated Kitchen. It all
has been crazy for two weeks and several things went very wrong but were corrected. I have half the kitchen stuff moved back
in but had to buy more shelving paper today and those little felt tabs to put on the cabinets so they don't bang shut and
chip the new paint. I was in Fibro pain today and so other than shopping I didn't do any more work on the kitchen. I had to wash all
the dishes in the dishwasher by hand because they pulled it out rather than hooking it back up...since they are putting
the new one in tomorrow. Haven't had to wash dishes by hand for years. LOL Some people love getting their hands in those nice
suds and warm water but not me. I'm a City/Farmgirl. LOL

OK...this road trip sounds like so much fun!!! Lots of Munchies and girlfriend giggles is just what I need.

Teacher Tammy...I am so glad that you did not break anything girl. And of coarse you are coming on this Road Trip.

PG Tammy...sounds like you need a "Man" break girl. Come along with us and lets Celebrate "Girl Power"!

Judy...love that your hubby mapped everything out for us. Sweet Guy!
Sorry, Mama had to go through dueling Dr.s as she kept retaining fluids. Come on people she deserves better treatment
than that. Get it together!!!

OK...I'm tired from Bible Study...though it was so much fun to be with those girlfriends too. We had a great study and it
was Birthday night too. Lots of giggles and choc. cake.

Time to kick off my shoes, put on my jammies and unwind.

Love and Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

"Believe in yourself and let the glitter fly!" P.Smith Mail Art Hostess

Edited by - LadyInRed on Jan 30 2014 11:04:38 PM
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2014 :  07:17:34 AM  Show Profile
Road Trip! Road Trip! Judy tell the man 2 thumbs up.
Patsy, Gypsy T. I decided I had to do the cooking. The kid is destroying my kitchen I loving built by hand and it has to stop. All he gets to do from now on is dishes.
Peg, I have a problem with my Kindle getting on the internet. It is also too hard to type on. It's auto correct is worse than the Iphone.
Judy, Doctors are a real live pain in the posterior. I won't bother. Just gets me riled.
Bunny, great that you finally got the reassurance you needed. As to warm eeking out the fuel oil. yesterday and today it was 10 in the early morning but warms up to 25 to 30 during the day.
I have another road trip coming. I want to take the Denali Highway. It's a grand total of 600 miles give or take a few. We do a lot of give and taking on miles up here. I do need to wait a little however. That road is not maintained through the winter. People have died on that road in winter. So, not quite yet. I got the new truck in August of 2013 and rolled over to 10,000 this Wednesday. There are going to be a lot more before the end of the year.
On another note. I finally finished and got published the boy and his cat book, Brain Waves. It drove me nuts most of last year. It about love, healing and forgiveness. I had to put it down sometimes for weeks as I needed to wait for what came next. There is no 'adult content' because the love between the boy and his cat is beyond the mere physical plane. Hard one to get right and I hope I did.
Anyway on to another book. Hugs all.
New one just a hint of pink flushing the trees at sunset. The picture does not do it justice.

Cherime
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2014 :  4:42:03 PM  Show Profile
Hey Gals, guess what came in the mail for me today? A new Toshiba laptop from hubby for my birthday! What a guy.Since the last one caught fire a couple weeks ago and our desk-top is almost ready for the dinosaur bone-pile,we need something for both of us to use here at home. Neither one of us like using these tiny tablets all the time. Too much fancy-schmancy stuff on them and the tiny buttons are a pain. And YES! It's been a year already, it's my birthday again.....Sunday-Ground Hog's Day! I'm sure I just had one about 6 months ago. hahaha They come faster and faster! 59....eeeek
Ok, somebody else drive.....I need some "whine"....or maybe that's cheese and crackers to go with my "whine!" LOL
Let's see, we are in Kansas and will be in Nebraska tomorrow. Woo-Hoo! We're almost there TLTammy. Hey after we pick up TLTammy, we will be heading North and we will be in N.D in a couple of days.We can pick up PGTammy if she still wants to go. The more the merrier.What say you PGTammy? Ya ready?

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2014 :  08:01:08 AM  Show Profile
my bags are packed and I am ready come on girlies let's go
Love to you all
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Today Is The Day
http://todayanewday.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2014 :  10:28:36 AM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
Bunny, you are so lucky to see your son graduate! Never got to see any of my sons graduate, to far away and no money for the trip.
I was desperate for relief for my back, so HAD to see Doc Boggs, no choice! Oh, forgot to say those steps to the basement were gray painted cement. lovely huh?

Judy: HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR SISSY!! I'm gonna send you a sympathy card next year! LOL That was so cool for Dave to make us a map. I'm a good map reader, can get you anywhere! WOW! a new laptop a year? Cool! My 10 inch tablet is a Toshiba Thrive. I LOVE it and you are right. Could never go with those tiny tablets.
I can drive you nuts or anyplace you wanna go, lol

Peggy: About the tea bags. Send JUST tea and no troubles. I just use one stamp and manage to send 2 teabags in a nice card to anybody! Unless they're paying extra postage to receive it, but no one has told me that yet.
I've never owned a dishwasher. Raised 5 so was well supplied for years! lol Now they are gone and passing that job ( I typed joy at first, lol) on to their kids. I never minded doing dishes, but only lately have used gloves to protect from drying agents.

Cherime: If you knew how to, you can take the auto correct off of there. My tablet drove me nuts til I took that silly thing off. It's in settings somewhere.
The Denali Highway sounds interesting. Sounds like our Blue Ridge Parkway down here.
Nice pic by the way, at least we get the idea. :)

TLT: I started singing that song " My bags are packed, I'm ready to go... " from Leavin' On A Jet Plane" when you said you were ready. lol
Make room girls, we're packed to the gills and loving it. :)

Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2014 :  12:41:44 PM  Show Profile
I got my package! Thank you so much Peggy! The photos I took aren't great, it was starting to get dark and the lighting isn't great in the house even with the flash.

It had a cute note on the back that said Porchie Mail :o) Sorry for the shadow.

Nicely decorated envelope. It was like getting a present for Christmas lol. Peggy where did you get those adorable boot address labels?

Inside were 2(!) purple metallic wrapped packages and a card.

Inside the first package:

Inside the second package:

And an adorable notecard!

So many things! Thank you again Peggy! It was a great gift to get at the end of this stressful week.

Judy: I'm packed and ready for pickup! Can the pups come? They'd be very upset if we left them behind. They love traveling. Your husband will have to modify that maps and add North Dakota to the trip. I think 94 runs straight through to Washington State so it will be a straight shot. Happy Birthday!!! Congrats on the laptop. I love mine. I like my 10.1" Samsung Galaxy Tablet but there's a lot of things, like typing, I think are easier on the laptop. It's not as small as some tablets but I still don't like to tap instead of type.

Cherime: Denali Hwy sounds divine! I can't wait. I've always wanted to see Alaska. Hoping to take an Alaskan cruise at some point too. I dated an Army guy that was stationed up there and he loved it. For some reason I still have pictures he sent me of him helping tag bears up there, he flew helicopters I think.

Peggy: I think I paid a bit more than that when I sent mine with the mug rugs in them but I used a mailer envelope instead of a regular envelope. I know not everybody can afford that kind of postage bill though. I think you have it right, I desperately need a "man" vacation. You may need a "kitchen makeover" vacation too lol

I'm waiting on my friend from work to drop my Bountiful Baskets off. It's sort of like a co-op I guess where you place an order and they see what they can get for that amount in vegetables and fruits. Each regular basket is $15. This is my first time getting it so no idea how much I'll get. I also ordered their bread special; 3 loaves of rosemary baguettes and 3 loaves of English Muffin bread for $10 and 25# of carrots for $12.50. We're trying to get a drop here in town started, we have enough people now to do it. We'll just have to see how long it takes. The current drop that's closest to us is 45 minutes north of us. Orders are done every 2 weeks. There's a group at work that alternate picking up so nobody has to make the trip every time. It will be much easier when we get our own drop here in town.

I'm not sure if I mentioned that I started reading 50 Shades of Gray triology. Everybody at work kept telling me I needed to read it before the movie comes out. Frankly I can't imagine how they're going to do that movie and get even an R rating on it. I'm almost through the second book and needed a break and brain cleanse so I downloaded Almost Amish by Nancy Sleeth. Interesting book and she also has a website. I also read Money Secrets of the Amish - Finding True Abundance in Simplicity, Sharing, and Saving by Lorilee Craker. Lorilee is what I call Modern Mennonite - she doesn't wear dresses or a covering or wear anything that would let you know she's Mennonite. After reading her book I was a bit guilty about spending the money on the books but in my defense I doubt the library has them and even if it does it's not open when I can go (Mon-Fri 9-5 is it) and I don't know anybody I could borrow them from. I did check PaperBackBookExchange but nothing on there either. I felt better after downloading a free version of Mansfield Park to read. I'm part of a Facebook group called The Motherhood & Jane Austen Book Club. There's a schedule for reading all the Austen books and we discuss them online. Since I haven't found any local book clubs this works. February we start Mansfield Park. We just finished Pride & Prejudice.

Well back to my regularly scheduled house cleaning for Saturday :O)

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
Jamestown, ND
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2014 :  12:44:20 PM  Show Profile
Patsy, loved that song. I will look at the settings and see if I can get rid of Autocreep. Cement steps? Ouch!
Judy Happy B day.
Peggy, the post office caught me I think first with the 'additional postage'. I think tea is about it these days. Keep it under 2 ounces and flat.
Bunny, I have not had time to get to Joanna yet to get the book. They do carry it up here.
Later ladies, I have a book promo on face book then I have to get my son over to see if he can fix the furnace in the other half of the house. I sure hope so. Heating the other half with electricity is going to be $$$$$. If it gets any colder than 10 at night, this will bankrupt me. I also have to put a rebuild kit into the old hand pump so we can pump the diesel fuel. I am going to start hauling my own in a 55 gallon drum and hand pump it. I cannot afford to have it delivered any more.

Cherime
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2014 :  12:56:09 PM  Show Profile
Gypsy T, my take on stuff of a sexual nature is a little different I suppose. I just cannot get behind 'alpha you submit male'. I am not a bondage person at all. That said I think God gave us sex to be used for the enjoyment of two married people. I'm not into same sex stuff either but neither am I going to give anyone a bad time over it. I don't think its right but they have to make there own peace with God, not my job. I avoid kinky stuff if at all possible book wise. If I accidentally wind up with one, I usually put it down and walk away. I don't do reviews on them either 'cause I would not be objective. For me 50 shades is a little farther than I want to go from what I understand. But I do put sex scenes in most, not all, of my books. Not all books, characters get to that place. I think I kind of skirt the edges of erotic, call it adult content, but I don't put stuff in just to put it in. Usually it is part of the situation between two people. Phew! A mouth full this. But it is a question I wrestle with each time I do a book.

Cherime
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2014 :  6:47:26 PM  Show Profile
Cherime - I'm not into this type of book either and it's probably why I haven't finished the trilogy and I'm not sure at this point if I will. I don't get how so many were up in the air over Twilight and how abusive a relationship that was yet are all about 50 Shades of Gray. Having been in an abusive marriage I also have problems with it and can only imagine the damage this could cause. It's definitely a fine line. It honestly makes me fear for young women in particular after the movie comes out and romanticizes this type of behavior.

On to less serious topics: I got my Bountiful Basket delivery and wow did I over buy lol. I should have gone with only one of the regular baskets. Each basket contained: 2 heads of cabbage, 1 bunch of thin asparagus, 1 large head of broccoli, 7 Roma tomatoes, 2 zucchini, 1 celery, 2 large Romaine lettuce, 6 individual bananas, 9 Gala apples, 1 clam shell of blackberries, 3 Asian pears, and 4 green peppers. I think that's pretty good for $15, at least for this area, and all of it is in good conditions. Since I bought 2 baskets I have double this amount plus the 25 pounds of carrots and the bread. My coworker said this was one of the largest baskets she's seen since she's gotten it. I'm glad that I didn't go grocery buying today before I got it because I'm going to have to redo my menu plan to include items I hadn't anticipated and the quantity I got.

Now to kick back and relax with a cup of tea and either read Mansfield Park or watch Pride & Prejudice. Night everybody.

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
Jamestown, ND
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page