Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2014 :  6:17:16 PM  Show Profile
Patsy, I knew you were lurking...hahaha...I just knew it!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"
"The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it is on my list!"
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2014 :  12:47:18 AM  Show Profile
Ok girlies....I am still alive but have a couple contractors that I am ready to ship to the MOON.
Every day I have caught them trying to skip important phases of their work. Today's was a huge one...
The guy started throwing up the insulation before brushing on the Moisture Barrier Lock Seallant. I
Called him on it and he said "Well I looked around and didn't see any so...I figured they changed
Their mind about using it. So, I pointed out the big can of the stuff sitting right under his nose.

Yesterday...I talked to 2 contractors And our maintenance guy about replacing the one shelf that had the mold
On it. Oh, yeah, yeah...for sure they would. So, they put all the cabinets back in tonight before leaving and...
so I got out my flashlight and checked it out to see how they did and guess what. There is the. Shelf with the mold
Still on it, And they are jut planning to spray paint over it. On Friday. Over my dead body!
MEN....what happened to work ethic????? This is the third major mess up and now I am afraid
To leave them alone on Friday. But we cant be here with the toxic fumes and I have to take
DH for that Eye Laser surgery. Pray girls....3days down and three to go.

I am exhausted!

Hugs,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

"Believe in yourself and let the glitter fly!" P.Smith Mail Art Hostess
Go to Top of Page

csmartyonline
True Blue Farmgirl

247 Posts

Carole
Clarksville TN
USA
247 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2014 :  01:52:36 AM  Show Profile
Remodeling can be such a pain! We've had a couple of very bad experiences so I know how you feel.
Go to Top of Page

DandeeRose
True Blue Farmgirl

1505 Posts

Alicia
Charlestown, IN
1505 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2014 :  06:33:17 AM  Show Profile  Send DandeeRose a Yahoo! Message
Cherime- I think that is the first mail I have ever sent to AK!!! :) It's kinda funny how the weather is up there! My husband was checking it out yesterday, laughing about how much warmer it is. It is currently 6 degrees at 9:30, with a high of 11. I can't remember it EVER being this cold!!!!My husband got his old "job" back as a union Ironworker. It is contract work and it's makes it more of a part time job. Anyway, he is working 100 ft in the air in this stuff. :(

Many Blessings- Alicia #5232
http://themostlycrunchyfarmgirl/wordpress.com

www.simplyaroma.com/aliciawinkler 100% certified therapeutic grade essential oils

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass; it's about learning to dance in the rain."
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2014 :  09:54:54 AM  Show Profile
Peggy, Praying for you girlie!!!
Alicia, Praying for your poor(frozen)hubby. We need to Pray for all of the men&women who sacrifice of themselves to keep our lights and heat on. It's miserable out there.

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!

Edited by - herblady55 on Jan 23 2014 09:56:06 AM
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2014 :  1:25:11 PM  Show Profile
Alicia, that is difficult work at any time. At least he is working even if part time. check out my picture of our 5 day forecast. Odd weather for sure.

Blog http://cherimemacfarlane.wordpress.com
Cherime
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2014 :  9:03:58 PM  Show Profile
Well,that settles it.I'm taking my bony butt and my bikini to Cherime's place!hahaha
We have 0 degrees and possibly a -25 wind chill tonight. This weather has gone mad!
We have a bunch of snow heading this way too, possibly all weekend.
I just keep telling myself..."I'm a snow-bunny, I'm a snow-bunny.....*giggle*

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2014 :  6:49:57 PM  Show Profile
Cheri....your weather is the same as ours. That is weird!!!!

Carole...glad to see you on the Porch.

Judy...I want pictures of you in that Bikini

OK Girlies...the January Tea has been mailed out.

DH...had the laser surgery completed today on both eyes.
The kitchen cabinets got sprayed. Kitchen won't be finished until
Tuesday. I'm so ready to be done with it. But it does look better
Already and all mold is gone. The management company compensated us
by knocking half off our rent for next month. That was very nice and
appreciated.

I bought myself a belated Christmas gift...since my husband really didn't
get me anything. I got myself a new Kindle HDX. I love it!!! And I sold my
Old Kindle Fire already. This Tablet even takes pictures. And you can Skype
on it and Swype.

I'm sitting in my bedroom freezing trying to air the smell out off this house.
Guess I needed goo check it out...so I can warm up. LOL

MORE LATER,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2014 :  10:03:09 AM  Show Profile
Hey Peg, ain't gonna happen sister. hahahahahaha Can't wait for your tea. yipppeeeeee! We're off and running in 2014.
I can just imagine the smell in there. Nasty. Put a coat on while you write to us, we don't want you catching cold.
So glad that mold is gone. Ya, my Surface does pics and Skype too. Pics was the first thing I did. *giggle*
I got up to 5 inches of snow and gusty winds. The road crew hasn't even been out, not even on the main roads.Mama can see the main roads from her L-room. Just tracks out there she said. A good day for tea, books and movies.
Stay warm and safe Porchies.

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2014 :  10:59:07 AM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
Yay! more tea! Been drinking so much tea, but loving every minute of it. Drink tea and pee, that's pretty much it. LOL

Hang in there Peggy, it's almost over. So glad they are helping with next month's rent.

Ok, let's all meet at Cherime's. We've been having single digits at night too. Can hardly wait for camping weather!!

Snuggle under blanket weather for sure. Take care all..later..my blankie is calling me.. hahaha

Thomas Edison: "Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." :)
Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

2991 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
2991 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2014 :  09:32:06 AM  Show Profile
Wow Cherime! Your weather sounds wonderful! Tomorrows high is -4 and the low is -19 actual temps. I don't even want to think about the wind chill!!! It's been one heck of a winter so far! I hope this summer isn't as hot as the winter is cold!

Hang in there Peggy. It's almost done. Sounds like your new kindle is awesome!! Looking forward to getting my tea :)
How's the grandson doing? Hopefully he's back to his normal happy self.

Judy - swing down and pick me up on your way to Cherime's! (I'm just south of Lima) who would have ever though Alaska would be better weather than Ohio!!

Well, I think today is a great day for a roast for supper so bundle up and come on over. We'll be finished with the chores about 7:30 tonight. See everyone then :)

Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701
http://nndairy.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2014 :  09:45:34 AM  Show Profile
Peggy, so glad your kitchen is done. Sad you had to keep the workers in order. I'm sure they had the lowest bid for a reason. I hope the smell is better. You need to stay warm!

Judy, glad your back is slowly getting better. I love how you and Patsy have each other down. Funny about the lurking.

Cherime, the magazine will be out February 1. I hope your Joann's carries it. I don't think the one here does anymore. I asked the manager here if they still got it because I was going to be in it and wanted to buy extra copies for family. She didn't bat an eye...not impressed at all.

I did however get my copy. It pretty cool to see my name in print. The letter from the editor at the front mentioned me too. I sure hope I get more things in future copies. I just sent in a dress for the slip challenge. You were suppose to take a slip and make it into something to wear by itself. I think it did pretty good. I won't know until almost August though. I also sent some brooches I make from men's shirt collars. They still have two outfits too. The next issue is May. I'm hoping I can get into that issue too. Fingers crossed.

Alicia, glad your hubby got his job back. Some work is better than none I guess. Unions can be tough to maneuver through. My son is an apprentice with operating engineers. The weather in California is so good they are still working, but only the journeymen. He can usually get side work, but his boss doesn't let him know he needs him until the last minute. So scheduling side work has been difficult. He has two more years.

The weather here has been so dark and gloomy for so long. Depressing. It did dust some snow last night. It's already melted.
My mom is still in California. She seems happy and won't be back until the end of March. It has been so nice without her.

My youngest is in San Diego for Marine basic training. I'm a little upset with him. He wrote his dad a letter but I haven't gotten one yet. Feeling a bit left out of his life. Being so far away, I have been pretty much out of sight..out of mind. He did call every once in a while. But I did at least expect a letter by now. He graduates in April. I believe he will be getting an earful if he doesn't write soon. We will see how tough this new marine will be up against mom.

Today is a sewing day...later all.

Stay warm and safe!!

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
Handmade stuff http://www.curiousorangecat.etsy.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2014 :  10:51:10 AM  Show Profile
WOW Cherime, I sure hope you have a big-ish house, 'cause we're all a'comin there to warm up. Don't worry, we won't have much luggage, bikini's and undies fit in our little over-night cases. *hardy-har-har* Let's see, that's Me, Heather, Patsy, and I think we need to go get Bunny, cause she's blue and just needs some "girl-gab 'n giggles!" If Patsy and I can't cheer her of those Molly-Grubs on the way, then for sure the views at your place will do it! Well Peg you may as well come too, your not too far from Bunny! We need a little virtual road trip 'bout now. And guess what we're driving.....yup...my little beetle-bug. What?...You all didn't know that beetle-bugs stretch? Kinda like a Dr. Seuss-mobile. hahahahahaha So, whatever you're bringing better fit in a small case or brown paper sack!*giggle* (sounds like a George Strait song)
Hey Heather, I'll be there before supper time so I can help with the chores. I just love cows. I can smell roast from here. Must be an
up-draft. hahaha Then in the morning we'll head for N.C. to get that ornery Sis of mine. Then on to WA. This will be fun! Who's with me?
Wagons-hooooooo....

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2014 :  12:31:24 PM  Show Profile
Judy, like a bug limo!! I'm in. Lets go! I'll bring snacks like that special lemonade we use to have on our virtual trips.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2014 :  3:42:37 PM  Show Profile
Hey Bunny, you remembered. I wondered who else was on that "Over 50's" virtual trip. I didn't go but I read the blog and I do remember something about that lemonade. What was in that stuff anyhow? Everybody remembered THAT trip for a loooong time! hahaha A bug-limo...how funny!
We'll just name him "Stretch." Patsy called me earlier and I told her to get on here and read and that we were picking her up for our VRTrip.
What kinds of snacks are we having Bunny? Where is everybody hiding? "Stretch-the-bug"(literally lol)is almost ready to go. Heather's roast will wait for no one.hahaha Sure hope she has lots of carrots in hers. I just love carrots in my roast. mmmmmm....I can taste it now.
Hurry up ya'll, there's another snowstorm heading this way and the weatherman said below 0 temps again. He actually said that it was colder across the US than it was in Alaska! YES he did! I wanna get out of here before it hits. Patsy said they had 50's today in NC. I just know she had her bikini on. hahahaha Right Patsy? Pull some clothes on over it and let's go!
Hey Cherime, can we ride the ferry to go see some of those picturesque villages when we get there. I have my seasick pills. so I won't turn green. lol I'll be ready for some scenery and I'll have numb-butt from so much driving so I'll wanna walk around some.

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!

Edited by - herblady55 on Jan 26 2014 3:48:42 PM
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2014 :  4:32:23 PM  Show Profile
Judy, if we go sighseeing with Cherime..don't let her drive!! She goes fast like the bullet train.

Snacks.. lets see.... beef jerky is a must... M&Ms, Cheeto's.. everyone gets towels for their lap. Crackers and Rondale cheese dip. I might throw in some health stuff.. apples and bananas (with a big jar of Nutella). Drinks of course. I'll think of more stuff later.

I'm packing!!

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Kirksmom71
True Blue Farmgirl

873 Posts

Mel
Dallas Texas
USA
873 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2014 :  4:50:04 PM  Show Profile
Hey y'all....stop over in Texas for a visit....it was 71 here in Dallas today....we won't mention that it's supposed to be 30 on Monday but we are back to the 60's on Tuesday!! :)

Bunny....the two Joann's that I frequent carry 'Altered Couture'. I saw the Winter issue....and waiting with anticipation for the Spring issue! :)

Cherime...I'm glad you are getting some mild weather....y'all need a break on occasion.

Peggy....so glad they finished your kitchen and can get back to some normalcy! Stay warm and get back to being organized.

Judy....are you near Bellefontaine Ohio? I don't know where it is located but my son's gal has family in and near there and they are freezing also and being pummeled with snow again! Hope you stay warm and safe. Looks like the weather fairy is playing favorites with Patsy! :)

My best to all,
Mel

Sassy City Girl with Farmgirl Fantasies!
Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2014 :  4:54:10 PM  Show Profile
OK - I'm officially sick and tired of being cold. I know I grew up in New England, but I guess I'm getting soft in my old age - bbrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!

beekeepersgirl #691

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.

My blog: finallyafarmgirl.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2014 :  5:18:04 PM  Show Profile
OK Girlies...I'm ready for this road trip. I want to leave this messy apartment and head out to anywhere "Clean".
And I'm sending All Men to the MOON especially "Contractors". They screwed up the paint job and it has to be re-done.
It has big crackles all over the outside and inside of the cabinets. I put up with that horrible stink for days and
now we have to do it again. It was all to be finished by Tuesday and I won't find out tomorrow now, when they think
they will be done. I'm so tired of this it is depressing me. I have a layer of sawdust on everything and I feel like
I'm breathing it and eating it. So, yeah...I am game for a trip. I'm good for bringing LOTS OF CHOCOLATE...I don't care
about anything else. OK...Maybe some wine too. I need sleep...so Judy I hope you don't mind if I don't do any of
the driving. LOL I am a terrible long distance driver anyway.

I'm going to go take a nap and pray I quit dreaming about Kitchen Renovations Gone Bad!!

Love and Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2014 :  6:57:30 PM  Show Profile
Well ladies, it aint big but its all mine so I can do what I want with it.
Bunny don't get too upset you your son, they do kind of make guys feel as if they have to cut apron strings in boot camp. If you send a care package he gets to share with buddies, then he might feel like he can write his Mom without being a sissy.
The bad news is some rotten person stole all my wood I had for winter. They took all of it.

Cherime
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2014 :  9:04:21 PM  Show Profile
Cherime, I feel so bad for you. That's awful! What's wrong with people anyhow! That just shows how poorly they were raised. What are you going to do?
Mel, I don't know where Bellelfontaine is even though I know of it. What county is she in? I have a map here in the kitchen of counties.
Ya, Patsy always was the favorite. hahaha But...I'll always be younger. heeheehee
Luanne, I hear ya on the cold and whoever said earlier about what kind of summer we are going to have since our winter is this bad, I wonder too. I did read that our winter was going to be colder and snowier in the farmer's almanac, and it is. They said(oh dear, should I even speak it)we are suppose to have a dry, HOT summer. I don't do hot very well any more, especially if it's accompanied by humidity.
Peg, you poor thing. Who could have guessed that something so wonderful could turn into something so stressful?
Ok, I'm tired and it's midnight. Time to turn in.
Nite Porchies!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2014 :  9:22:03 PM  Show Profile
Cherime, how terrible! How are you going to heat your house now?
No care packages allowed at Marine basic training. I don't buy the no writing to mom thing. He wrote to his dad, and his dad is now living as a woman. Don't make me go there. I'm sure the other guys miss their parents and are writing just as much. I just wanted a letter letting me know he was ok.

I sure wish you eastern ladies would send your weather to California. They need it bad. It will affect crops this year and prices as well.

Time for bed.

Nite.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2014 :  06:41:49 AM  Show Profile
I am going to be entirely dependent on fuel oil. Good thing God is eeking my fuel oil out with this weather.
Sorry about that Bunny. They sure used to allow care packages. How times have changed. Guess they might be afraid of what would be in the cookies. Sometimes kids are a real pain.
My GDD and her boy friend have been living here since October as of Feb. he will owe me $1,000 for rent of which he had paid maybe $200. Of that $100 went to Red Robin for GDD's 21st birthday because when we got there and had already placed a partial order then I find out the whole meal in on me. Good thing he had given me the $100. I gave them until Feb 5th to get it together or move.

Cherime
Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

2991 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
2991 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2014 :  08:37:20 AM  Show Profile
I'll load up a trailer load of wood to bring with us on our road trip to Cherime's. I can't believe some one would just take it all. They must be pretty hard up! I'm with Peggy - lots of chocolate is needed for this trip. I'm glad you came to help last night Judy! The extra help was great since Nathan had to spend the entire time working on the skid loader!!! He's getting parts for it now. About $500 to fix it :o( I definitely need a vacation!!!
Judy, Yup there were LOTS of carrots! There has to be if it's a good roast :) They're my favorite part. Bellefontaine is in Logan county. It's about an hour from me. My grandpa lives about 10 minutes from Bellefontaine. They have the best pizza place there. It's called the 600. It's a brick fire oven that they cook the pizzas in. They're handmade from scratch. The owner has won competitions flipping the dough. They also have cinnamon knots and they are AMAZING!!!

The kids around here are going to have to make up days now. The schools are cancelled again. It was so calm and warm at about 7pm last night. It got up to 35 and everything started melted. That was the calm before the storm because at 12:30 I woke up to what sounded like a tornado outside! The wind kept me up most of the night. Now at 11:30 am it's a whopping 3 degrees outside. It's supposed to be -19 tonight with wind chills -35 and tomorrow's high is predicted to be -4! With the wind blowing so hard the snow plows can't keep up with the drifts and the melting last night put a layer of ice on everything. I doubt there will be school tomorrow either. Good thing we're headed to Alaska! I've got my bikini, flip-flops, sunglasses, and sunscreen - I'm ready! I think I have 2 bottles of wine to get us started.

Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701
http://nndairy.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2014 :  10:00:50 AM  Show Profile
Hi gang, I was worried that everyone was ready to call the trip off, what with all the heartaches, but I guess you are still gung-ho. I'm glad.
Hi Heather! Those winds lastnight were awful, but we had 27 when I went to bed around midnite and 12 this morning. Right now at 1 PM we are sunny /19. It's suppose to start dropping from here, and we will be just like you tonight. Unbelievable! I to have a whole tree cut up and laying in my back yard for us just to burn in our Chimnea this summer. It's still considered green I guess, but boy...I wish I could get it to Cherime too. I don't need it. As a matter of fact, I've been amazed that nobody has stolen it. I wouldn't even care with this bitter cold we've been having. I'd just Pray for them to make it thru the winter. I would have hoped that they would have knocked on my door and asked me for it though. I would have asked them if they needed any extra blankets or anything else, ya know? But I guess people are proud.
Peggy, I just read your "Kitchen Renovations Gone Bad", to my Mama and I thought, hey, you could have a new TV show on the Home&Garden channel...."if you thought the clutterd homes make-over was bad...you'll want to watch" .....(your show)...Right...Make a few bucks off your
nightmare! hahaha
Peg....WHAT????...You think I can drive??? I am a disaster waiting to happen driving a long road trip. I have anxiety attacks! hahaha This is virtual....VIR-TU-AL!! hahahahahhahahahahaha ....or else ya'll are in big trouble! Ever been to Harlem? Well if this trip were real...you just might get your chance. hahhahahahaha Forget your bikini's....you're gonna need DEPENDS!!! hardyharhar....Ya might want to save those bottles of wine to trade to the riff-raff in Harlem for your lives or whatever else they are eye-balling! hahaha
Ok I need to get something done around here. I have good intentions, but they can't do dishes, laundry or even heat up my coffee!
T.T.F.N.
Later gators!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!

Edited by - herblady55 on Jan 27 2014 10:10:33 AM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page