Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2014 :  1:14:35 PM  Show Profile
WELCOME BACK CECILY...I don't remember you so it must be a long time since you were here.
It is always good to come back and get re-acquainted with old friends and meet new ones.
So, yeah sit a spell and swing...but come back and tell us a litle about yourself and what
you enjoy doing.

Darlene...I had a feeling your DH would have something to say about you going into strangers
homes. I think my DH might feel them same way...were I to do something similar...yet he would
be OK with doing it himself. I would have told mine the same thing you told yours.
Is all Hospice work inside the homes a Volunteer unpaid job? That just seems wrong to me. They
work hard and do such a great job facilitating peoples end days.

Heather...I am going to pray that your hubby comes around to wanting children...sooner than later.
That is said to me when people never have kids when one wants them and the other doesn't. I have
seen it happen too many times over life's way. Sounds like family close by is kinda a double sided
coin. Good in some aspects...not so good in others. I could live close like that with my husbands
family but not with mine. LOL Mine only consists of my Mother right now.

Teacher Tammy...sorry that you lost your Post. Know how frustrating that can be.
Glad you got to soak up some sun-rays today. Sounds like Heaven to me.

I'm going back to rest...my shoulder muscles, back muscles and headache are getting the
best of me right now.

More Later Gators.
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2014 :  4:45:11 PM  Show Profile
Home from Lancaster County and the quilt auction. My best friend Annie went with me, and we had a wonderful time. Annie and I have been close for many years, and since we both have long blonde hair and glasses people always ask us if we are sisters. We even had an Amish woman ask us this weekend if we were twins. It is fun to see the expressions on people's faces when we tell them we aren't related at all !!!

Anyway - I bought an antique red and white Irish Chain quilt, and a new hand-quilted Log Cabin quilt in shades of brown and tan. It is beautiful, and I can't wait to get it on my bed to see how it looks. I'll see if I can post a picture when I get it set up. We also ate a ton of absolutely scrumptious Amish cooking and desserts. Like I said - this was "girls weekend out". We left the men home to do whatever it is that men do when the women aren't around. Probably better if we don't know!

Oh well - back to work tomorrow. But, my boyfriend and I are going to a concert in Strasburg this coming Friday night, so that's something to look forward to. It is the Kingston Trio and the Brothers Four. You younger farmgirls won't remember them, but they were great "back in my day". Should be a fun evening.

Well, off to get the unpacking finished.

Hugs,
Luanne

beekeepersgirl #691

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.

My blog: finallyafarmgirl.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

kymomma4
True Blue Farmgirl

516 Posts

RoDonna
Frankfort Kentucky
USA
516 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2014 :  8:36:40 PM  Show Profile
Hello Porchies!! Today was a beautiful day in Kentucky. The kids and I went to the park and played. It was so nice to finally get out of the house and outside in the sunshine for a while. As much as I like snow and winter...this year seemed to drag on for a bit. I'm so ready for colorful flowers. The daffodils are starting to pop up and my dad said that the daylilies and tulips are starting to show through the ground at their house.

I love the pictures of all the babies!

Does anyone here have or had an Etsy store? I'm contemplating setting one up. I'm wondering if you like it, did it do well? My parents make handmade crafts too. We used to set up a lot at small town festivals. Now that they are both retired my mother said she might start crafting a bit more. She makes beautiful handmade dolls...here's one or two...

my dad made this...

Well, girls this is short tonight. I've been fighting allergies already. It wears me out. Plus, the times changes didn't help out too much on rest. Thank Benjamin Franklin for that. LOL...

Have a great night and day ladies!!

Farmgirl #2361
"Blessed is the farmgirl who helps make the world a better and healthy place" ~ Me

"For she is clothed with dignity and strength and without fear of the future"-Proverbs 31:25
www.marykay.com/rcarson4
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2014 :  10:20:34 AM  Show Profile
Good morning everyone. I figured I better get back here. I heard the posse coming.

I have been doing homework and it takes most of my day and energy. This week is finals. It wouldn't be so bad if they weren't timed. They aren't questions either. I have documents I have to create within a time limit. With my homework taking hours to do, it stresses me to think about the timer and trying to get everything done in time.
Then I get two weeks off and then off to San Diego to see my younger son graduate from Marine boot camp.

My mom moved my half sister to eureka California this weekend. She had been kicked out of yet another apartment. So her dad (who lives in Eureka)and his brother came up to move her down. She is very dysfunctional and not very nice. But without the help, she would have ended up living in her car. I think this is the last time anyone is going to help her though. She has made it impossible to want to do anything for her.

Other than school, not much going on. My sales have been slow. I get lots of great comments about my clothing designs but no buyers.

RoDonna, you asked about Etsy. It is a great place to sell if you can get it working. It takes time to get noticed. Good pictures are crucial! Plain backgrounds are best. I'm still working on it. I'll have sales every day for a few weeks and then nothing for a few weeks. I have read that volume is important and it is better to list one thing a day than everything all at once. Also keep your products similar. So you could sell your dolls and anything like that in one store and create another for the woodworking things.

Etsy has quite a few places to learn what works. But even then, it takes time. I have been working on it for 8 months now. Still sales are sparse. There is just a lot of other people doing the same thing. So it is hard to get noticed with all the other competition.

Anyway, I have another final this morning. So I better get to it.

Heather, LOVE the new babies.

Peggy as always your little guy is a keeper. Such a sweet smile.

Gypsy Tammy, good for you getting to work from home!

Judy, hope momma gets better soon.

Teacher Tammy, enjoy your spring break! Sounds like you need it. Be thankful you didn't have me in your class. I was one of "those" kids. Everyone loved me, but I spent plenty of time in the hallway.

Luanne, as a quilter myself, I envy your trip! The red and white quilt sounds wonderful.

Darlene, I think it is wonderful you are going to do hospice volunteering. You will have a good insight on what they are going through. I bet you will be so good at this.

I'm sure I forgot someone. I'm sorry, i will catch up again later!!

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
Handmade stuff http://www.curiousorangecat.etsy.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2014 :  12:41:15 PM  Show Profile
BTW, RoDonna, the dolls are really cute!

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Kirksmom71
True Blue Farmgirl

873 Posts

Mel
Dallas Texas
USA
873 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2014 :  5:04:06 PM  Show Profile
Hi guys! Not much time....just wanted to stop in and say "Hey". RoDonna....working on trying to get my Etsy store up and running.......It's fun but time consuming trying to cover all the bases....it may just be me.....details,details,details! Smile...just because!

My best to all,
Mel

Sassy City Girl with Farmgirl Fantasies!
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2014 :  7:27:45 PM  Show Profile
Evening ladies! It's been busy lately. I was surprised today to be informed that my equipment was in to come home with so we spent the majority of the day working kinks out of changing over. I'm authorized to come home anytime after tomorrow's training. I've decided to finish out the week and bring everything home on Friday. I'll have the entire weekend to get it up and ready for Monday. Since we are still behind on one of our contracts they're threatening mandatory Saturdays in addition to the 45+ hours they're making us work already. I won't mind so much now I'll be at home if they do but this overtime is wearing on me. Might have to take a mental health day for a break.

One or both of our cats is peeing on our carpeting again. We're going to have to rip out the carpet in the hallway. Needless to say the man ain't happy at all. He's threatening to shoot both of them to deal with it. Hopefully it's talk. I have no idea what's triggering the behavior. I'm hoping with my being home the behavior will stop but maybe I'm too optimistic. Whoever is doing it does it at night too so it might not have any effect. It will break my heart if I have to get rid of Moo. She has the most personality of any cat I've ever had before.

Bunny - I'm sure you'll do great! Don't think about the timer and do your best. Maybe we should do a road trip to Amish Country for quilts? LOL You could pick me up and we could head east LOL

Luanne - the quilts sound wonderful. Hope you post pics. I'd love to see pics of both. Glad you had a good time. I miss Amish food. Well I miss lots of types of food but it includes Amish family style meals. Your dolls are cute! If you set up an Etsy account let us know what you think. I've been thinking of opening one to put rugs and misc. items like my soaps on to see if I can sell them.

Well I'm off to read a bit before bed. Have a great night everybody!

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://ndprairiegypsy.blogspot.com/
Jamestown, ND
Go to Top of Page

BarnChickCecily
True Blue Farmgirl

673 Posts

Cecily
Corydon IN
USA
673 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2014 :  7:33:32 PM  Show Profile
PeggyAnn, thank you for the sweet welcome back! When I first joined sooooooo long ago, I was about 26 years old and married. Now, still married, I have a 5 year old son and a 3 year old son. I am a nurse and I'm the nursing supervisor on second shift. I LOVE to do all things farmgirl. I love to garden, decorate, crochet, camp, hike, travel, all kinds of crafts, and I love to learn about other ladies and learn from their wisdom. I am in love with my family and Jesus. So happy to be back. I have missed being here.

Farmgirl Sister # 241
www.thebarnchick.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

ruthie218
True Blue Farmgirl

1414 Posts

Ruthie Ann
Indiana
USA
1414 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2014 :  9:19:17 PM  Show Profile
LuAnne- Id love to go to a quilt show. Glad you had fun.

RoDonna- your dolls are so cute!!!!

Bunny - How is school ? Hope is going well.

Teacher Tammy-Enjoy your week off.

Heather-Love your babies

Peggy- Love seing all the picture of the grandbabies

Cecily- Im moving to your neck of the woods. Is there a farm girl group ? If so would love to join.

Nothing really new . Just packing and getting to have a yard sale if this weather ever breaks.

http://simpleindianagirl.blogspot.com/

Farmgirl sister#4072
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2014 :  9:42:54 PM  Show Profile
Hi My Porchies...
What a gorgeous day
here today. It was t-shirt weather. And everything is beginning to bloom like the ornamental pink cherry trees, the daffodils, the grape hyacinth, crocus and the heathers. I felt so good today. Not only did I not hurt but my spirits felt as sunny as the day.
I was able to take Snickers my Scotty for his first long walk since his hip surgery. He did really well on the walk...but later in the evening he was limping a little. So, I gave him some of his pain meds. It will probably take him awhile to build his stamina back up but I was happy with our first day. I need the walking just as much if not more than he does.

Luanne...oh, I can't wait to see pictures of your quilts...especially the Irish Chain Quilt. I have never seen that pattern before. And I have a bit of Irish in my heritage.
Sounds like you twins had fun. LOL

RoDonna...your mom's dolls are so cute. what does she sell them for?
I like your dads woodwork too.
I agree with what Bunny said about keeping your Etsy Store selling one type of product. The only ones I have seen worked that sell multiple items are the vintage etsy stores. But that is just from a shoppers view point...I don't have my own Etsy Store.
Wow...it seems early for Day Lilies to be blooming. Ours don't come on until June in the area.

Bunny...I am so happy that you will have two full weeks to visit in California. I know you...you will be wanting to move back. (+: Your son will be so happy to have you there for his graduation. It seems like his training has gone by fast. Probably not to him though.
Hope you ace all your finals girls.
My little boys is such a happy guy. I went over and watched him yesterday while him mommy went to a Dr. appointment. And we had the best time laughing together. We have a mutual admiration society...just the two of us.

Mel...what do you make to sell in an Esty Store? I love to know what everyone is making. I love to help promote Farmgirls talents.

Prairie Gypsy Tammy...oh, there is nothing worse smelling than cat pee. I can understand the frustration. I hope that your being home working will help settle them down. I would imagine that cats are like dogs and some have terrible
separation anxiety and that can cause them to act out when you are at home (or gone...either one).
Over time would be easier to handle from the comfort of your home. (+: I am so happy for you that you get to work from home. That is just so cool.

Cecily...Thanks for sharing about yourself. Hope you will be able to come on more often now. We will love getting to know you with each of your new post.

Ruthie...looks like you and I were typing at the same time. Are you still busy, busy, busy sorting and packing?

Well, girls...I'm off for tonight. Hope you are all having a great week.

Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

Edited by - LadyInRed on Mar 12 2014 9:47:17 PM
Go to Top of Page

DandeeRose
True Blue Farmgirl

1505 Posts

Alicia
Charlestown, IN
1505 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2014 :  1:45:33 PM  Show Profile  Send DandeeRose a Yahoo! Message
RoDonna- Those cow dolls are CU-UTE! I have an ETSY shop, but not much in it. I think 2 bags right now. Gotta find time! :P I am out of some MK things...may have to check out your site!

Peggy- Love him!!! That lil one is so cute!

Mel- Good luck with your shop. What do you sell?

Tammy- Ewwww...Cat pee is the worst! :(

Cecily- Hi!!

RuthieAnn- A yardsale?! Cool! My yard is mud.... lol!

Bunny- How excited you must be for 2 wks in Cali! Have fun!!

Been busy around here. Tuesday was our GORG day! I just posted about it on my blog this morning. Have a great day ladies!!

Many Blessings- Alicia #5232
http://themostlycrunchyfarmgirl/wordpress.com

www.simplyaroma.com/aliciawinkler 100% certified therapeutic grade essential oils
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DandeeRose Farmgirl Accessories and more!
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass; it's about learning to dance in the rain."
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2014 :  4:39:38 PM  Show Profile
Hello all.. Got my third final done today. Unfortunately the college website for submitting my work was down. I just want this to be done! I have one more final tomorrow and then I get two weeks off to sew. I'm only going to be in Calif. for a week and it is the first week of school so I will have to take my books and try to get my first week's work done while I'm there. Not looking forward to that. I don't want to start the first part of the quarter behind.
I did get a sale today. I was really starting to get down again. I wish I could have at least a sale a week to keep my spirits up. I did get four new dresses done and am getting them in my Etsy store. I post one a day.

Not much else going on. The weather has been beautiful here! I wish my mom had a porch!

Later for now...

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

ruthie218
True Blue Farmgirl

1414 Posts

Ruthie Ann
Indiana
USA
1414 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2014 :  9:06:20 PM  Show Profile
Hi! I am still very busy packing and getting ready for a yard sale as soon as the weather breaks and my yard isn't covered in snow.
In my free time Im researching how to build a straw house which is a green living house made from wood ,straw and earth . Im posting pictures of a house I like and am hoping it can be a house for me.

Farmgirl sister#4072

Edited by - ruthie218 on Mar 13 2014 9:09:20 PM
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2014 :  10:57:48 PM  Show Profile
Hello My Porchies...

Had another nice dry day. It was over cast and a bit cooler than yesterday but Snickers and I still got our walk in.
Rain coming tonight.

Today was my youngest son's birthday. He turned 28. We are celebrating with him tomorrow night with dinner out. Then
the rest of the weekend he will celebrate with friends and the other side of the family. He is such a good son and I am
so proud of the man he has become. He loves his family so much and his parents too.

Well Bunny...sorry that your finals are so frustrating...but it's almost done...and CA here you come! It is nice that you
have the couple weeks to sew and relax before you make your trip.

Hi Alicia...glad that you popped in to visit for awhile. Going to go check out your Blog after I post here. Catch up on
what you are doing.

Ruthie...I like that house. Are you guys building your own place? I'm confused.

Well, taught my Bible Study tonight. It was great to be with the gals again after a couple of weeks off. It was great to catch up
with what is going on in everyone's lives.

Well girls...hope you all have a great Friday!

big hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

DandeeRose
True Blue Farmgirl

1505 Posts

Alicia
Charlestown, IN
1505 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2014 :  04:14:44 AM  Show Profile  Send DandeeRose a Yahoo! Message
Thanks Peggy!!

Looking awesome Ruthie! I had another farm girl contact me to be on my newsletter list who lives in Corydon. That is so much closer to you then I am!I asked her if there is a chapter around that area. Still waiting to hear back.

www.simplyaroma.com/aliciawinkler 100% certified therapeutic grade essential oils
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass; it's about learning to dance in the rain."
Go to Top of Page

ruthie218
True Blue Farmgirl

1414 Posts

Ruthie Ann
Indiana
USA
1414 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2014 :  06:42:10 AM  Show Profile
Peggy- We are moving to a rental for a year and then we make a decision to build on our 10 1/2 acres or to buy a house with land or sell. Does that make sense?

Alicia- Thank You for asking. I also asked Cecily about a chapter in that area as Lanisville is within a hour. Also if you'd like to give the Corydon farmgirl my info that would be fine. Thanks Again.

Farmgirl sister#4072
Go to Top of Page

ruthie218
True Blue Farmgirl

1414 Posts

Ruthie Ann
Indiana
USA
1414 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2014 :  06:55:48 AM  Show Profile

Peggy- Here is a house I like in that area that is for sale 169,900.00 . It's about 1900 sq. ft. It has 21 acreas is fenced with a barn and a pool and another out building. Id doesn't have a fireplace or wood burner so that will have to be added and the kitchen needs help in my world. So that is why I want to look and think on whether to built or not to build. Also we almost bought a cabin but I got a sick feeling and was almost tears when we were going to put in the bid . So I told hubby to take me to the property and that feeling went away . So I will have to look and then go to the property to see what my feelings say. So weird but just how I tell.

Alicia- you had a post for ag tours. Well in English Indiana . There is a farm for sale for like 209,000 . It would be good for that. I will try to find a picture and post it for you.

Farmgirl sister#4072

Edited by - ruthie218 on Mar 14 2014 07:34:30 AM
Go to Top of Page

DandeeRose
True Blue Farmgirl

1505 Posts

Alicia
Charlestown, IN
1505 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2014 :  07:14:18 AM  Show Profile  Send DandeeRose a Yahoo! Message
I'd LOVE to see!! Thanks... BTW, I think it WAS Cecily! Not sure I will go back and check...

Yep! It was!

Edited by - DandeeRose on Mar 14 2014 10:23:08 AM
Go to Top of Page

ruthie218
True Blue Farmgirl

1414 Posts

Ruthie Ann
Indiana
USA
1414 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2014 :  07:42:07 AM  Show Profile

Here is a picture of the house I was talking about in my post with 21 acres.

Farmgirl sister#4072

Edited by - ruthie218 on Mar 14 2014 07:44:07 AM
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2014 :  09:55:59 AM  Show Profile
Hi everybody, we are having sunny/50's one day then 30/gray the next then 50's again. It's been all over the place this winter. Just crazy!
Well Patsy is gone and all is back to.....lonely....again! It was another whirl-wind visit where we crammed all the love and hugs we could into a few precious days! I'm so thankful to God for those days! I really miss my Sis and the supportive leaning post that she is when she's here.
*shout out to my sissy* Love you!((((((French Hugs&Squeezles))))))
Still no word from Mama's doctor about her jaw, so nothing to report there.
Not much happening here.
Ruthie, that is a gorgeous house! 21 acres....WOW!!!! VERY Nice!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"
"The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it is on my list!"
Go to Top of Page

ruthie218
True Blue Farmgirl

1414 Posts

Ruthie Ann
Indiana
USA
1414 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2014 :  11:14:05 AM  Show Profile
Judy- It is very nice . Just not sure if it is the house for me. Im watching it on

Farmgirl sister#4072
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2014 :  11:19:04 AM  Show Profile
Ruthie...I thought you were down-sizing girl not moving to a Mini-Mansion! LOL
I do however love that last house...I could live there in a heart beat if it came with
a house-keeper!! Beautiful House and Beautiful Property! Can't wait to hear what you
settle on. At my age...I want move in ready and no work but the move.

Judy...hey girl, so glad you got "Sissie Time"...I miss my little Sis so much! I feel
her watching down on me from Heaven. Usually feel like she is laughing her butt off at me...because
she always said that she felt like I moved away so she would get stuck with Mother. I know
she is enjoying the fact that I'm the last sibling left and I got stuck with Mother instead
of her.
Keep us posted on Mama! Well, it is doing the sunny, rainy, cloudy, rainy, sunny,cold thing today. Can't
make up it's mind...it's like it just keeps recycling through a weather program. LOL

Dinner tonight with my son and his little Sweet Family for his birthday. Shane's name means "My Precious Gift"
And he has lived up to that name all his life. Out of my three sons he is the one that watches over us and
makes sure we have everything we need in our old age. And he is always so good to include me in one of their
family outings every weekend or two. I think he really learned that by example because we always did that with
my husbands mom when she was alive. She was such a wonderful woman/ Mother-In-Law.

Well, it's clouded back over and ready to pour again. I hate these kind of days! My body protests loudly.

Love and Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Mar 14 2014 11:22:36 AM
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2014 :  1:57:29 PM  Show Profile

Look what sweetness came in my mail today from Porchie Debbie Fischer.
The White Scotty is a pincushion (too cute) and the little small red one is
the tiniest cookie cutter I have ever seen. It is just priceless and from
the 1940's. She is one of a few farmgirls that like to spoil me. Sure made
my Weekend!!

Debbie...great big hugs. I can't wait to hear from you about Tom...I'm thinking
it must not be good because you are having to process it so long. Prayers for
you both.

Love and Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Mar 15 2014 1:59:21 PM
Go to Top of Page

country treasure
True Blue Farmgirl

452 Posts

judy
SK
Canada
452 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2014 :  2:07:02 PM  Show Profile
Hi Ladies!
Hope everyone is enjoying their Saturday! Our warm weather is over for now & faced a cold wind feeding livestock today. Winter can't last for ever...just another 6 weeks of so!
I dream of colour!!!! LOL
Ruthie, we helped build a straw house & small barn when they first became popular. Living on the prairies we've never known why the houses haven't become the norm with all the straw. So much more knowledge is out there now about the type of straw to use & even floor heating which wasn't around back then. If it's a DIY project be prepared for the work...it's a tough go!!!! We built a standard stick house & a straw & the work load on the straw was harder work! Check with your insurance company since not too many want anything to do with them & the cost is higher to cover them...at least here.
Remember to keep a straw window! Good luck with your house dreams.
Off to finish a sewing project
Smiles Judy

country wishes!
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2014 :  3:39:11 PM  Show Profile
hi yall
I do hope you are having a great Saturday. It is a windy cool day here but next week is looking more like spring. I am looking forward to that. It is never boring at my house. Today my son Heath broke his hand. His 4h calf slammed him into barn and well another trip to the ER. I tell you he can't catch a break. He is in splint until Wednesday when they can hopefully cast it. They didn't give him pain meds because he already takes that for his pain disease. I tell you I may never have my dr and hospital bills paid off.
School has been busy and driving me crazy. I know some say 25 is not bad but when it is a multigrade classroom it is. 15 third graders and 10 fourth graders I teach a lot of material in a day. I am so ready for school to be over.
I don't mean to whine I just have not had a class quite like this.

Other than that I have been doing a bit of crocheting and reading a bit and trying to catch up on bible study. I got behind when I missed several weeks.
Well hubby and I are off to buy some groceries.
love to you all
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Today Is The Day
http://todayanewday.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page