Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2014 :  9:01:28 PM  Show Profile
Peggy... I heard ya callin!! I believe you said chocolate!! Lol!

I've just been so busy lately. We're preppin for the new grandbaby, got easter, mothers day, 3 birthdays, a baby shower, & our first court hearin all in the next 6 weeks!

Plus I will have a garden this year! I will! I had nothin last year & I hated it. I was given permission to retrieve my strawberry boxes from my old landlady, so we collected all 8 & planted 31 strawberry plants today!! Yea!!

I hate admittin to it, but we are on foodstamps right now, & they are buyin our garden supplies. They started a new program where you can purchase seeds & plants with them now. I have found nearly all the seeds I was hopin for & have so many starts goin our little study/craft/ storage room looks more like a jungle than anything right now! LOL!

I will be puttin lettuce starts out as soon as the weather breaks around here. I can hardly wait for the community garden to get tilled! The dang rain hasn't given us 2 days in a row off since they announced they wanted to start tillin!

Farmgirl Sister #1438

God - Gardening - Family - Is anything else important?
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2014 :  11:52:26 AM  Show Profile
Patsy and Judith I got my farm girl mail today!!! So fun!

Patsy I love the card! I got a good chuckle from it.

Judith thank you for all the goodies!

And both of you sent me one of my favorite teas... Jasmine. Thank you both. I love everything!

I am working on homework trying to catch up from my trip. Today is math day. It is terribly easy but lots of it.

Here is a picture of my two sons from my trip.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
Handmade stuff http://www.curiousorangecat.etsy.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2014 :  12:35:06 PM  Show Profile
I believe I heard chocolate...so here I am.

Judith I got your lovely tea package today. Made my day as I had a tough week with my butterflies at school.
Patsy no package from you yet...but I will keep a watch out.

Peggy thank you for holding down the porch. Has been busy here with school and this last week was the prom for my sons. I started a new bible study by Priscilla Shrier. Very goo.

Bunny such handsome sons. Glad to see you back here.

It is a beautiful day here. Supposed to get cold and they said possible snow but that is Nebraska weather.
well time for some tea
love to you all
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Today Is The Day
http://todayanewday.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2014 :  2:55:44 PM  Show Profile
Peggy, thanks for sharing that heart-felt letter from Tiffany. I felt her every word clear down to my toes. Poor girl.
Bunny, good to have you back. Nice looking boys. You're not a proud mama are you?
Judith, you really out-did yourself on the tea package. What an exciting bundle of tea-lishousness! (is too a word)*giggle*
We are having a gorgeous day today. BUT possible s_ _w and 39 by Tuesday. Could be wrong, yes? sigh
Well, enjoy your weekend Porchies.

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"
"The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it is on my list!"
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2014 :  8:38:29 PM  Show Profile

HAPPY SATURDAY GIRLS!!!! It has been a Gorgeous one here. Not really warm but sunny and cheery!
Spent the afternoon with my youngest son and family. We went to Ikea and walked miles and miles
I think. LOL Then we went to Starbucks and got a coffee and then drove along the Columbia River
with all the Sailboats out on the water. So pretty to see.

Then I came home and walked my dog...and got the Mail...and Guess What I got March Tea and April
Tea Both on the same day!!!! Yahoo! Thanks Patsy and Judith!!!! You did good girls! Good flavors!
Judith thanks for all the lovely tucks. I have always used my biscuit recipe to make crumpets. I
would just open them up and toast them. Now I have an authentic recipe to try.

Bunny...what Handsome Sons you have!!! I bet you loved being with them again. I am so glad you got
to go to The Graduation. I always felt badly because I missed my sons. ~ Now back to cramming for
classes huh? Don't work too hard.

Teacher Tammy...so good to have you back on The Porch. Oh, you poor girls that are talking about getting more
snow. Well, we are just getting more rain from Tuesday on. It is like we do one week of sunshine and one week
of rain whether we need it or NOT. LOL Didn't you see the picture of the book I posted on the previous page?
I thought it looked like one you might enjoy! Tell those little rascal butterflies to be good to Madam Butterfly
or else...

Judy...Hey girlie, glad that you liked the note from Brandy's daughter. I thought it was so genuine and sweet too
for all the loss she has endured. ~ I Loved your Tea-Lishousness comment!!! That pretty well summed it up!

Angela...I went by a huge Community Garden today and thought of you. I bet you are out working yours this weekend
huh? I will be planting my container garden in two weeks. Looking forward to it myself.

Well, My Lovelies...off to eat dinner. More Later!

Hugs and Smiles,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

2959 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
2959 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2014 :  1:13:56 PM  Show Profile
Hi Everyone! I'm actually sitting on the porch in a pair of shorts today!!! :) But like Judy said - it isn't going to last :(
Thank you Judith for the tea package. I can't wait to try the tea. I've never had crumpets either. They should be fun to make when I get a chance.

It's been busy, busy, busy here on the farm. Lots of new baby calves, fences to fix from the hard winter, searches for hay and straw since our suppliers are running out, etc. My sisters came down last weekend and one of them stayed until Thursday. She's getting married on Valentines day. We went and tried on dresses and actually ended up finding the bridesmaid and the bride's dresses. We worked on making kissing balls for bouquets too. It was a fun time.

Nathan still hasn't made it to look at farms yet. Hopefully this week he can. Well, it's almost milking time so I'd better wrap this up. Thanks for the chocolate Peggy :) Bunny - what handsome boys you have. I hope you had a great trip.
I'll try not to take so long to get back here :) Have a great week everyone!!

Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701
http://nndairy.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2014 :  4:36:59 PM  Show Profile
I'm happy to hear you all are enjoying the tea pkgs. Please let me know if the beads were damaged. (I worried a little about that).
Bunny, glad you had a good time w/your sons. I thought your x was kinda pretty too. Bunny, were you the girl with the sore tushe...hope that's feeling better.
Peggy, I really love those flower pictures. We are supposed to have rain every day this week. Guess it could be worse. I love Ikea. Starting to feel all that walking though.
Angela, I'm so glad you are going to do the community garden thing. I keep trying to talk my kids into it..but, no luck so far. They just want mom to have the garden ...kinda like "the little red hen". Too tired this year.

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

BarnChickCecily
True Blue Farmgirl

673 Posts

Cecily
Corydon IN
USA
673 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2014 :  4:52:37 PM  Show Profile
I keep hearing about your tea swapping... sounds fun! How do I join in?

Farmgirl Sister # 241
www.thebarnchick.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2014 :  5:21:16 PM  Show Profile
Judith, I just loved the beads! Adorable!!!!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2014 :  5:45:42 PM  Show Profile
Hi Judy -

Your tea and all the extra goodies arrived yesterday - thank you so much! The beads arrived save and sound - not to worry! I can't wait to try the teas and the recipe!

Busy weekend here - we have friends who have a winery, and they had a wine and cheese open house yesterday. It was gorgeous outside - the first time outside without a coat on in months! They had music also, and it was so much fun we hated to leave. Their wine is awesome, and the cheese were made by a local farm.

Today was a little cooler, but still sunny, so we took our fishing poles and went to the creek (or crick if you're from up north like I am). Didn't catch anything but a couple of twigs and the leg of my jeans (not my fault, honest - the wind was blowing - that's my story and I'm stickin' to it). Boyfriend said I could count the jeans as a catch but not the twigs - oh well! It was just so nice to be out in the fresh air.

Back to work tomorrow - have a good night all!

Hugs,
Luanne

beekeepersgirl #691

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.

My blog: finallyafarmgirl.blogspot.com

Edited by - beekeepersgirl on Apr 13 2014 5:47:28 PM
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2014 :  8:06:53 PM  Show Profile

Well, we became Great Grandparents..we just found out today. My husband's Son's 23 yr old daughter just had a boy on April 8th! She lives in Ohio...so, I don't know if we will ever get to see him or not. His name is Cohen Jared Nelson.
Our son and his daughter have been separated by miles for a long time...so there isn't the closeness we all wish they
had...but that is how life turns out sometimes.

And here was my date yesterday for Ikea and Starbucks! Elijah is just the delight of
my heart. He just dropped by to see me about 10 minutes ago with his mommy and daddy.

Church was really excellent this Morning but not many people were in the late service. I think
they all wanted to get out and enjoy their day. The praise and worship was uplifting and the sermon was awesome.

I had a lot of Bible reading to do this afternoon...for my Read through the New Testament in preparation for Easter.
So, I got that done then started working on my Daniel Plan Healthy Living Style...for my Tuesday Class.

Not much else going on...but then again it is suppose to be a day of rest isn't it? I sat on my Porch
and did my Bible reading in my Rocking Chair. There was a soft warm breeze and the laughter of kids
floating on the wind. So, lovely!

Judith...my Teapot beads came through just fine too!!! They are so sweet...thank you!

Cecily...I emailed you about how the Tea Swap works. Hope you will sign up in December.

Luanne...sounds like you had a great time at your friends winery.

Heather...Wow...sitting in a pair of shorts how nice! I wore my Capri's yesterday too... but
still haven't gotten brave enough to go for the sandals. Soon, I hope.

Well, I need to go relax for awhile in my red recliner and maybe I will have a small glass of wine too.

More tomorrow my Porchies.

Hugs and Smiles,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

Edited by - LadyInRed on Apr 13 2014 8:12:33 PM
Go to Top of Page

BarnChickCecily
True Blue Farmgirl

673 Posts

Cecily
Corydon IN
USA
673 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2014 :  05:58:50 AM  Show Profile
Peggy, your grand babies are the sweetest! And you are so pretty! Thanks for sharing those great pictures. Also, thank you so much for your email :-)

It's Raining on my porch today, but I love the rain!

Farmgirl Sister # 241
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2014 :  08:59:20 AM  Show Profile
Hey, Patsy, I received the tea pkg today! What a nice way to start the week! I love anything black raspberry! Loved the handmade card too!

Peggy, congratulations on your great grandchild! I can't believe he is smiling so young (sweetness)! I love the name too. Elijah is growing so! He and grandma have matching smiles! (made me smile just to see that.)

Heather, I'm glad you are enjoying shorts! We woke up to snow again. I decided to put on my long john bottoms again today. My knees were so cold yesterday. I also have to wear thick winter socks and fuzzy slippers so my feet won't cramp. Right now, my elbows are freezing so I will add a fleece jacket to my sweatshirt. (And to think..we want to retire to the UP!

Talk to you all later.

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

BarnChickCecily
True Blue Farmgirl

673 Posts

Cecily
Corydon IN
USA
673 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2014 :  09:42:01 AM  Show Profile
Judith, sounds like you need to snuggle up on the porch with a thick comforter ;-) We have had 80 degree weather this past weekend, now it's rainy and tomorrow we are suppose to get snow! Never boring weather in the Ohio Valley!

Farmgirl Sister # 241
Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2014 :  09:49:29 AM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
Glad the tea is coming in. I had a hodge podge of cards to send this time. My fav was the "howdy" duty cards although I enjoyed hand making a few too.

Bunny: Thanks for sharing pics of your 2 handsome sons. They look about the age of my 2 sons in the air force. Was glad you got to go to your son's graduation as I never got to go to any of my 3 son's graduations.

Judith: Where's the UP? No tea yet, but can't wait to see what Judy is talking about.! Come on Mr.Postman, bring me my farmgal mail! I too, love anything black raspberry. My Grandma made the BEST pie and I always made sure to get a piece before it was gone. Brings back memories of berry picking when I was a girl.. but as my sister Judy says, "AHH!but I digress.." hahahaha
Hark! I believe I hear the mail truck coming.. (to be continued)

Luanne: Hubby and I have been out in the boat 4 times and no bites, by bug or fish..must be mating season since we saw a few jumping for joy out of the water. lol Can't wait for that first fish fry!

Peggy: Such good pics you always take and share with us. Congrats on being a Great Grandparent. Such a pretty smile Cohen has on his sweet round face. Elijah just has that smile that make you want to eat him up..lol so precious and healthy.

Sprinkled a bit so far, although they say 80% today and 90% tonight and same for tomorrow. We could use rain, getting dusty around here. I have enjoyed my wringer washer and "line dried" clothes this past week. Nothing beats fresh clothes off the lines! Won't find that smell in a bottle anywhere. :)

Thomas Edison: "Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." :)
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2014 :  10:07:17 AM  Show Profile
Ha! Cecily, If I snuggled up on our porch with a comforter I would be sitting in a snowbank. :) (Ain't gonna do it- no way)

Patsy, the UP is the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. I think about an hour from Janet in Escanaba. DH has promised to keep me warm. (With blankets, socks, long johns, etc.) We like to vacation up there. Seems like this year the cold just won't leave my bones. Then, I think of the homeless in this weather and feel like a real whaaaa-baby. Jeeesh..I just want everything.

Farmgirl sister #3926

Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2014 :  12:22:36 PM  Show Profile
Hi Patsy - your tea came today! Can't wait to try it!

Thanks,
Luanne

beekeepersgirl #691

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.

My blog: finallyafarmgirl.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

BarnChickCecily
True Blue Farmgirl

673 Posts

Cecily
Corydon IN
USA
673 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2014 :  12:51:54 PM  Show Profile
HAHAHAHAHA, Judith...yes, I agree! I would not sit out on your porch in a snow blanket either!

Farmgirl Sister # 241
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2014 :  3:35:55 PM  Show Profile
Hi all, We are having rain off'n on all day today. We went out to eat, to Goodwill and to the library. Just something to do on hubby's rainy day off.
Patsy, I got my sweet card and tea today. tytyty! Actually we are 'sissies born thrice' now, not twice like we use to be. We are born of flesh and blood, born again of God...and now, thanks to MJF Sisterhood, we are born a third time! What do ya think of that? LOL
Guess what sis? We beat you this year in the marshmallow roasting department. We had a fire last night in the chimnea. Don't worry, I had a couple for you. It was so nice out there so Dave , Rascal and I sat out there for a couple of hours with just a fire for light. The moon was hazy since it was planning on raining today, but it was full. Cool! Oh, and Dave said you aren't a month late in the tea swap...you are 11 months early. hahahahaha That's yer crazy BIL for ya! hahahaha
We are suppose to turn cold overnight and maybe get some snow tomorrow, so I will be bundled up again tomorrow myself. I will also turn my mattress pad warmer on. To think it was 84 yesterday. Weird!
Judith, I think about the homeless when I crawl into my warm, dry bed on cold nights too. Heart-rending isn't it?
Peggy, what a sweet new baby. I bet you wish you could just "squeezle" the stuffins' out of him. *giggle* He's adorable. Love that little smile.
"YES, I think our Peggy Ann is a Pretty Lady too!" So I second that Cecily!
Well, have a great evening gals.Time to relax and read awhile. Hubby is napping and kitty is stretched out beside me in my chair.
TTFN!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2014 :  6:21:46 PM  Show Profile
Hi girls,
Patsy I got your tea today and Judith my beads were just fine too.

Peggy you just have the cutest grandbabies.

Only have school this week through Wednesday and then off until Tuesday of next week. I am looking forward to time off. Today we had a late start due to snow. it was a yucky day yesterday. Today was cold but at least the sun was out. I just wanted to pop in for short minute. Need to look over my bible study homework for tomorrow.
Hope yall had a wonderful day
love to you all
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Today Is The Day
http://todayanewday.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2014 :  9:33:27 PM  Show Profile
Hey all!

Sittin out in the car watchin it snow & doin my nasty habit! I am countin the days down to a quit smokin date. I actually hate smokin & feel guilty with every one! I am ponderin how to go about the next step in my life. It's been a year since I split with my husband. I still haven't gotten my first court hearing, but I'm awful tired of waitin around. I feel ready to move on. I want so badly to find me a good SDA man & start workin on a life agian. I just have no idea how to do it. There aren't any SDA churches around except the tiny one here in town. I'm the only single person there! Any of you girls have any suggestions? I'm just at a loss here. I'm too shy to even strike up a conversation with a guy when I'm out doin my runnin in town! Boy! This startin over thing sucks! I've been prayin about it & readin scripture hopin something will pop out at me. I just don't have the slightest idea how to start lookin. I feel silly at my age askin for datin advice, but this is the reality of life. I'm just tryin to get it right this time. Well...I've whined enough for tonight. Time for some sleep! Night Ladies!

Farmgirl Sister #1438

God - Gardening - Family - Is anything else important?
Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2014 :  5:13:47 PM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
Judith: Got my tea yesterday and the beads are perfect! Too cute! Now I know what Judy was talking about. :) Thank you

Judy: Sissies born thrice..hmm.. I likey. :) That's ok about the marshmellies, I beat you in the "first picnic" dept..
Leave it to dave..11 months early...good grief. I have quite a farmers tan going on from all the nice boat rides on the lake and right now it's 32.. WHAT?

Huddle, cuddle and stay warm gals. This too shall pass..

Easter is Sunday. We're going over to my nieces house for dinner. Sure hope I don't have to wear a coat. What's your plans?

Toodles...

Thomas Edison: "Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." :)
Go to Top of Page

Kirksmom71
True Blue Farmgirl

873 Posts

Mel
Dallas Texas
USA
873 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2014 :  9:11:51 PM  Show Profile
Thanx for the Black Raspberry Tea, Patsy. Reminded me of my Grandma Ryans' black raspberry jam! I miss it even more now! But the memories of it is wonderful. My Grandpa Ryan raised black raspberries and I remember him walking what seemed like miles behind his gas powered tiller....tilling the soil between the raspberry rows. But sadly when I was about 10 the entire patch was blighted and never had black raspberries after that! I have occasionally found the jam in the stores over the years but somehow it just never has quite lived up to what I seem to remember of my Grandmas'.

I am enjoying the Jasmime Tea at the moment.....my first time for Jasmine!

Judith thank you so much for all the sweet tuck-ins1 I think I'll use the adorable beads in a pair of earrings! Guess I'll have to get my ears holes reopened!! :) I went way too long without wearing any earrings and the holes closed and I can't even force the posts in any longer. :)

Everyone....enjoy your Easter Sunday!

My best to all,
Mel
https://www.etsy.com/shop/KirksmomsKottage
http://www.pinterest.com/kirksmom71/
Sassy City Girl with Farmgirl Fantasies!
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2014 :  11:13:15 AM  Show Profile
My Dear Porchies...

I just love when I have had to be off for a day and come back to find people on the Porch
chatting up a storm. LOVE IT!!!!

Thanks for the nice comments about my great grandson. He is cute...but sadly I will never
get to see him. I will be sending him off a little "Welcome To The World" pkg soon.

Cecily...I'm jealous of your 80 degree day. I want some of that too. Instead of this rain.

Judith...I wondered what UP was myself...so thanks for letting us know. ~ Yes, my grandson and
I love to giggle, laugh, and smile at each other. He thinks grandmama is great fun! In that picture
I posted we were in Starbucks entertaining everyone. A group of Police Officers came in and one
young guy was quite taken with Elijah and stopped and chatted. He said that he and his wife were
expecting there first child.

Hi Luanne...glad you hopped on a minute.

Hi Teacher Tammy... CELEBRATION TIME with a few days off from school and your ornery little butterflies. Hope you have some
fun and rest and relaxation. ~ Sorry you have snow. I will pray
some Sunshine and Warmer Weather your !!!

Angela...I hope you will give yourself some time to be single and heal from your past marriage.
What is your rush? Don't rush into a rebound relationship. Just pray and let God bring Mr. Right
into your life...or you are apt to get another Mr. Wrong because you ran ahead of God. If you
don't allow yourself time to heal and grow then you will be bringing your own baggage into a new
relationship and that won't be good either. I agree that starting over can suck big time!
~ As far as trying to quit smoking...many years ago (in my early 20's) I had problems
trying to quit that habit also...and one day in desperation...I asked God to make me sick
every time I lit up. And you know what...He did! And It took no time at all before I quit. LOL
Who wants to feel like you have morning sickness every time you have a cig. LOL I'm just
sayen...pray about it and God will help you in that area too.

Judy...I loved your Thrice Born comment to your Sissie. Made me smile! I had to laugh when
you said that you and hubby went out to eat to goodwill and then to the Library. I read right
past your comma and put it all together. I thought, Wow...that doesn't sound like a good place
to eat...to me. I had just created my own little blooper there. ~ Did mama get her scan results?
How is she doing?

Patsy...do you live on a Lake? I use to love jet boat rides, canoe rides, motor boat rides and
inner-tube rides on the different Lakes around our area. But we don't have those opportunities
anymore. It is crazy how tan you can get just from the sun reflecting off the water huh? Even
if there are clouds you can still get a tan from being in a boat. ~ Marshmallows are not on my
new eating program girls...so quit making me hungry....because you know me...just give me a fire
and marshmallows and I am going to add chocolate and graham crackers! YUMMO!

Mel...I loved your story about the black raspberries your grandfather grew. I didn't know that
blight would kill off the berries for ever. Isn't there a way to clean blight up off vines?
That is too bad. Black Berries of any kind gives you the most nutrients and antioxidants and I think personally they
just tastes better. We use to pick berries when I was a kid to make extra money for school
clothes shopping in the fall. Being a Kid...I had to taste every kind I picked. The darker ones
were always my favorites...hands down.
I like your idea of making Judith's beads into earrings. I might just have to do the same. Cute
idea.

Well girls...I'm off for a cup of tea and my heating pad...I think. More Later!

Hugs and Smiles,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Apr 17 2014 11:23:04 AM
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2014 :  1:45:11 PM  Show Profile
It's a....beautiful day in the neighborhood(mr rogers song).LOL It surely is today.There may still be some snow hiding in the leaves on the North side of the house, but the temp is in the upper 60's. So...I'm doing Mama's laundry, refreshing drains(soda&vinegar) and other odds 'n ends.
Got some windows open(Rascal's a happy cat)and I'm checking messages.
Mama's appointment took quite awhile. She said they took a lot of samples out of there. It's getting so big, I hope they get it out of there soon.(i'm telling ya, I should have taken her to the vet)She said she couldn't chew last night. Everytime she did, it would break open and bleed. She drank some mushroom soup instead. It bled some during the night and today it's just seeping. BUT .... she's chipper today. She's a trooper.
Peg, I was going to tell Angela the same thing. What' the hurry? Enjoy being single and all that that has to offer you girl. M-E-N aren't always the answer to the question. Sure they might be cute P-E-T-S...but they are SO messy!!! *giggle*
Mel, I loved your 'berry' story too. WOW! A whole berry garden...amazing. That's a lot of berries. Too lose them all would be so heart-breaking! My Gr-Grandma had a really big patch of berries that I remember picking for what seemed like hours. We just loved her jellies too. Mama made lots of jams&jellies too. We have a small corner here where we have a few white, red and black raspberries growing. We just eat them. I love fresh berries out of the hand. I'm not a coat 'em or cover 'em kind of gal. I like to taste them unencumbered with sugar or dip.
Well, I hear my dryer calling. Gotta go for now. Toodles!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page