Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

Kirksmom71
True Blue Farmgirl

873 Posts

Mel
Dallas Texas
USA
873 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2014 :  2:43:30 PM  Show Profile
WOW! No one has been on the Porch for days! Are y'all OK? I am just vegging! How was the Easter Sunday? Did anyone one have special happenings? Quiet here....just me and Jake...weather fine. Almost finished my afghan in progress but miscalculated and need another skein of yarn to finish off the edging. Geesh! Have a great day and smile! :)

My best to all,
Mel
https://www.etsy.com/shop/KirksmomsKottage
http://www.pinterest.com/kirksmom71/
Sassy City Girl with Farmgirl Fantasies!
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2014 :  4:55:10 PM  Show Profile
Wow, lots of post and things happening while I've been MIA. They requested we work 47+ the past 2 weeks in a last push to try and get done the contract caught up. We've also been trying to get ready for my mom to visit next week. M* pulled up the carpet in the guest bedroom and started putting the floating floor down to discover that he was shy a 10' piece of underlayment and couldn't finish it(uggg). Closest place to get it is 200 miles round trip. I looked online and found Menards where we bought it had online ordering so I ordered it. Shipping was less then gas would be. We'd hoped it would be in my Friday so he could finish it this past weekend. I checked Friday after we didn't get it and they hadn't even shipped it yet and it now said it was on order! So M* got on the phone with Menard's in Fargo and they agreed to ship us a roll via FedEx today and we should have it tomorrow or Wednesday. Nothing like finishing up almost to the wire. Thankfully I was able to cancel my order online and they're refunding me.

Weather has been all over the place here. I took the dogs out on a local walking trail and did 2.5 miles Saturday. Then Sunday M* decided he wanted to do a walk so we took them down to the Resouviour and walked there and probably did another 2.5 miles. Talk about tired pups! We've had some windy weather this past week and Oreo was insistent she wanted to be outside. I thought she was going to fly away like Toto! LOL Bracing yourself against the wind with her ears flying just is to cute and makes me laugh.

I finished another rug Saturday! I'm not a huge red, white and blue person but I found sheets in those colors and used them. Sheets from the thrift shop are way cheaper then buying fabric by the yard for rugs. An average rug takes 15+ yards of fabric.

Angela - I'm so sorry to hear this. I'm keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. Been through that myself with the abuse and it's hard. Surround yourself with supportive friends.

I know in Detroit at the huge Farmer's Market downtown they allow food stamps for purchasing food their. I think it's great. I'd rather people spend it at a farmer's market then buying chips and junk food at the grocery stores. No shame in foodstamps when you need them.

My recommendation is to take your time. Get comfortable being single again and when the time is right you'll meet somebody. There are lots of dating services online including Christian ones that you can try. I met my fiance through EHarmony. I don't suggest Match.com personally or similar sites that allow you to just go on and troll through everybody's stats and contact anybody you want, you end up with a lot of creeps contacting you that way. Stick with sites that ask information and then suggest people with similar interests.

Bunny - found a video that helped a lot. Check out www.ragstorugs-bylora.com I may buy her weaving looms and video too. She has cheat sheets to use for ovals and circular rugs that are an awesome help and time saver. Don't bother with the crochet markers, they're nothing but small hair clips.

PeggyAnn - congrats on the additional grandbaby!

OMG, I didn't see any post about losing a MJF sister. How sad.

That gofundme.com is a nice site. On an RV FB group I'm on last weekend a woman was walking her daushound and it was attacked by a lab and seriously injured. Owner had no insurance and didn't offer to pay a cent for the surgery. Vet wouldn't do the surgery until she came up with $1000 up front. One of the women on the group set up the account on gofundme.com for her and we had enough donations within 20 hours for her to have the surgery. It's unbelievable that people won't take responsibility for their animals and the damage they do. Even more shocking was that people were claiming she was doing it for the attention. The woman who set up the fund spoke with the vet so she knew it was legit. Sad.

I got both my March & April teas the same day. It was a sweet surprise :O) I loved both the cards you sent. Too cute. Thank you both.

Okay, supper is ready so I'm off and hopefully won't be gone so long again :O)

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://ndprairiegypsy.blogspot.com/
Jamestown, ND
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2014 :  5:48:31 PM  Show Profile
Mel and PG Tammy...I had a very busy and fun Easter...but tiring...that is why I wasn't on yesterday.
I went to Easter Church Service on Saturday Night and it was a Awesome Service. 60 People were baptized
that night. I'm not sure how many were baptized in Sundays three services. Yesterday, my youngest son
and family, and Sadie's mom and myself went down to Portland's Saturday/Sunday Market. Sadie and I each
bought a picture by a Local Artist. He takes Photo's and then develops them and and then paints part of them.
Sadie bought a cool old pickup truck picture and I bought a cool picture of a Lily. I will take a picture
of my picture in the next couple of days and post it.

Today...was a bad Fibro day even though it didn't start raining until about 5:00 pm tonight. I was suppose to
go to my Dr. today and canceled because I was in too much pain this morning. My husband made me go for a ride
around noon...just to get me out for awhile. Which helped my mood but not my body.

PG Tammy..your dog is soooo cute...ears blowing in the wind and all. And I really like your rug pictures. Nice
job!

Well, I guess I'm going to go eat some dinner and try and read and relax for awhile.

Love and Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2014 :  09:20:37 AM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
This is a link to a pic of a gorgeous bird hubby and I saw on the Little Tennessee River Easter afternoon. From what I read about them, they are rare. We saw a pair of them. They are a raptor hunting type and have a huge wingspan. Hubby took me to a swinging walking bridge that crossed the river. So neat to stand in the middle of the river suspended above it. We had a wonderful ham dinner on Saturday and spent Easter alone.
http://www.avianweb.com/images/birds/birdsofprey/BlackandwhiteHawkeagle.jpg

Nice rug Tammy! Good job.. I crocheted Judy a prayer rug out of flannel strips.

Well, hubby has to get a couple teeth filled here in a bit, so ta ta for now.

Thomas Edison: "Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." :)
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2014 :  10:39:13 PM  Show Profile
Hey all!

I only have a moment. The girls are asleep finally. The lawyer told me today to wait for the final hearing before startin school. There's a spousal rehabilitative maintainence we can get. He has to pay for me to go to college to be able to support myself. So I guess I'm waitin for that.

I go to court on thursday mornin. I'm tryin to just put it in God's hands. It's hard! I want to ask for prayers. I know only God can handle this for me. I am prayin the judge is in a reasonable state of mind & that God can lead him in his decisions. I'm so scared he won't believe me & my oldest daughter. He's scared off all my other witnesses & mom can't go per drs orders. She could stroke from the stress, so no way! I only have my oldest & God. I'm bankin on God handlin all of this mess!

Well...Gotta sleep so I can get everything ready tomorrow. Night all!

Farmgirl Sister #1438

God - Gardening - Family - Is anything else important?
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2014 :  1:43:07 PM  Show Profile
Hi Gals! Well, isn't the d- - - l working overtime in these last days. He knows his time is short. Sorry to hear about all the stress Angela.
BUT I'm here to tell you...God wins! No matter what we are all facing...in the end...GOD WINS!!!
I'm saying all that to say this...we got bad news at the doctors office today. That lump on Mama's jaw?...lymphoma...yup...more cancer...more treatments, even though we don't know what kind yet. I just don't know if she can do any more of this at her age girls. She's still weak, still freezing, still no appetite. So I'm saying, GOD WINS, no matter what we are going through...to encourage all of us.
I'm still stunned at this bad news. I need time to process all this. Talk more later.

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"
"The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it is on my list!"
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2014 :  2:17:03 PM  Show Profile
Judy sent you a personal e-mail.

Love and Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2014 :  6:57:54 PM  Show Profile
oh Judy...I am keeping yall in my prayers.

Angela I have been praying for your too. No matter what God has a purpose for this journey we are on in this season of life. We don't always understand but God is with us and his plan is always better.

We had a nice rain last night so nice to see green today. It was as if the world came alive after the rain.

I discovered a new tea site to order tea. It is called Tea Guys. I will have to let yall know how the tea is. They have some delicious ones though so I ordered several samples and some that were not. They are out east like Harney and Sons. I am excited to get the tea and try it out.

well I am off to work on bible study lessons and have a cup of tea and then bed. it has been a busy week.
love to you all
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Today Is The Day
http://todayanewday.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2014 :  9:51:46 PM  Show Profile
Ah, Judy and Patsy, I'm thinking of and praying for your Momma and you!

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2014 :  10:10:39 PM  Show Profile
Judy, Patsy and Angela, I'll put you all in my prayers. So sorry to hear about your dear Momma. Judy the vet would have done a better job.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
Handmade stuff http://www.curiousorangecat.etsy.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2014 :  12:30:55 PM  Show Profile
Hi My Porchies...

Having a nice relaxing day at home...puttering around and putting away all the Easter Decorations
and then putting out birds, cages and nests to enjoy for the rest of Spring.

Hubby wanted me to go with him today...but I just really needed some me time. I took the dog for a
walk earlier and I thought we were going to get poured on again (like yesterday) but we made it
back dry. It is really windy here today and I can feel the storms coming back for a couple of days.
Then we are suppose to get some nice weather. Up into the 80's on Wed. Yahoo!!! Doing The Cowgirl
Happy Dance.

I need to work on my Mail Art today so I can get out Monday...but I needed a little breather here on
The Porch before I started in on that task. When I get creative...I get messy, no matter how hard I
try not to. I wish I had a spare room just for crafting but we couldn't afford the Three bedroom
Apartments when we were looking. They rent close to a $1,000 a month. ~ It is so quiet in the Apt. that
all I can here is the tick of my clock and the plunking of the Lap Top keys. It is nice to have silence
once in awhile...especially as our World seems pretty chaotic most of the time.

I practically had to cancel my life last week because I was in so much pain from storm systems coming in
and going out like Mother Nature was Bi-Polar and refusing to take her medication. I had to cancel a Dr.
Apptmnt and both of my studies and my cleaning gal. And this place really needs her desperately. The
carpets are growing fur (from Snickers shedding his winter coat) and I'm beginning to stick to the vinyl
flooring...especially in the kitchen as I am cooking so much more now....and I cook like I craft. LOL

Well, good to see you on The Porch Bunny. How is school going? Did your mom stay home or go back to CAli?
Are you sewing away still? Are you teaching any sewing classes this summer?

Teacher Tammy...what are you crocheting now? I am working on a Plastic Canvas American Flag at the moment.
Put my knitting needles down for awhile. I just needed a break. My husband and I are trying to catch up
on all the back episodes of 24 at night and that show takes my concentration. The new show starts up in
May if there are any 24 fans out there. Some nights I think that show just might give me a heart attack. LOL

Judith...are you and your hubby traveling around like you did last year? Where is your pink flamingo residing
these days? I so enjoyed your teas and tucks! Thank you!!!

Judy & Patsy...keeping you all surrounded with prayers and love. Has mama decided if she is going to do the
chemo and radiation or just say...OK Enough already! Remember what you said Judy, "God Wins"! We look at
death as this final ACT in the Journey of Life when God looks at it as Just stepping into another room with
glorious benefits on the other side of the door.

Patsy...I loved the bird picture. To me it looks like an Owl head on an Eagle body rather than a Hawk head on an
Eagle Body. What a blessing to get to see them in real life...as the are so rare.

Angela...hope your court thing went alright. Praying for you to find peace and calmness in your heart, mind and spirit.
Lean on The Father and he will get you through all of this.

Well, off to do that Crafting that needs done.

Love and Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2014 :  3:36:21 PM  Show Profile
Hi gals, I'm sitting at a micky D's writing to yuns because our router went on the fritz and that's that until Monday when a repair guy can come out. Dave said it's probably fried. You know how things are made...5 year limit. I couldn't get it to come on here and some high schooler helped me. hahaha Just my luck. Make me look stupid. hahaha
Mama has an appointment with the new oncologist Monday at 3. Prayers please. Tough decision what to do. It's on her right jaw and growing fast.
Can't just let it grow and blow up. Just that alone will kill her. Maybe Dave will go with us. He's off that day and he's a nurse and knows what to ask. I just hope the repair man is here and gone by then.
Mom has been chipper since all this has transpired. I think she's just trying to keep her sunny side up....so to speak.
I won't be on until after this thing is fixed so I'll write when I can. Maybe Patsy can get on and let you know what's happening as she knows it.
God is still in control...as long as I don't get ahead of him...or lag behind Him. I just want to walk beside Him and hold His hand!
Praise His Name!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2014 :  7:38:12 PM  Show Profile
hello ladies,

Judy I will certainly be praying for your sweet mama and that your router gets fixed. We had to have ours fixed at school. They came in and put in three just to keep up with everything.

Peggy I am still crocheting my afghan that has not made it as far as I would like. My week nights are spent getting ready for school and catching up at home. I am hoping to work on it after school is done.

Angela hope you are ok and that Thurday went ok.

I only have 14 and 1/2 days left of the butterflies and they can then fly the coop for summer. I will be at school after that for meetings, planning for next year, but by end of May will also be out. I am counting the days. This year cannot be over fast enough.

I got my new teas from Tea Guys today. I haven't tried any yet as I was at church to sing with contemporary choir and then came home and got engrossed in my book. Forgot tea....yikes how did I do that? Will have to try to tomorrow.

well ladies it is time for me to take my leave from the porch this evening. Yall sleep well.
love to you all,
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Today Is The Day
http://todayanewday.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2014 :  12:14:34 PM  Show Profile
Good Morning my Porchies...

Judy...sorry you had to go to McDonalds to do your internet. I have been there a couple times
myself when my computer would crash as you all probably remember...but did my posting at
Barnes and Noble. I swear that computers, routers, and cars are my nemesis. Just drive me crazy
and insane! Remember me mentioning that I finally got my VW Bug paid off and I was just waiting
for it to explode or something...because this car has been a nightmare with little things popping
off of it here and there along the way. Took it to my mechanic to have some repairs done to it
since I no longer have a car payment...$1,700 dollars to do all the repairs from things popping
off. Also found out my head casket blew and I needed new brakes. Grrrr!

Teacher Tammy...I forget just how early you guys get out of school in your neck of the woods. Our
kids don't get out until the end of June. They only have 2 months summer vacation. When I went to
school in this state you had a full 3 months of summer vacation...but we didn't have all those
Holidays through out the school year. We only had a Thanksgiving (3 days off) and two weeks at
Christmas. We didn't have a Spring Break and all those in-service days and early releases...that
the kids here have. So I guess it all equals out. Sorry, your Butterflies have been so ornery this
year....and tested your patience so. ~ What kind of Afghan are you making?

Didn't make it to Church today. Woke up during the night with terrible back pain and the sound of
more rain. Took some pain meds and went back to bed. Got up at Church time and hubby is still
sleeping away. I think he stayed up all night working. Now that he has hired two pt people to help
him...he has a lot more paper work to do. ~ I ended up going with him late yesterday to do serves
up North. With both of us working together we blew through 7 or 8 of them in just a couple hours.
I had accomplished most of what I had wanted to at home...so decided to go along for the ride. It
was pretty out despite some showers.

My new glasses came in yesterday too...so on the way home we stopped and picked those up. I haven't
worn them yet...because I want DH to see them for the first time with my make-up on etc. When I don't
feel good I don't put my face on at all. I figure it's just a waste of good make-up. LOL

Well, not much else going on here. Our friend who disappeared almost two months ago... there is still no sign of
her (body or other wise). You always hold out hope that they just checked out on life and went off
somewhere to get away from it all for awhile...even though your gut and your brain tell you something
very sinister and tragic happened. You don't want to believe it could happen to somebody that you know.

Have a good rest of the weekend girls.

Love and Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2014 :  7:58:02 PM  Show Profile
Hello everyone,

Not much going on. It is raining like crazy. I did take a nice walk this morning. I have been trying to force myself to walk at least 30 minutes.

I spent the last two days working on my etsy store. I now have two listings for custom work. Customers send me the clothes they want upcycled and I just charge for my time. I'm also trying too find ways to get noticed more. It is not easy with so many others selling the same kind of things. I don't know if I mentioned it, but I'm going to be in the August issue of Altered Couture again. I just wish it was bringing in more sales.

My mom is coming back the middle of June for a couple of weeks and then spending the next 4 months in Utah with my sister. My nice is having a baby and she wants to be there.

My school work is so time consuming this quarter. I'm just hoping I pass my math class. I have another class where we have to work in a team for a big project. Not looking forward to that. It isn't easy to do via the internet.

Keeping everyone in my prayers. Angela hope the court date went ok. Judy and Patsy, sending good thoughts to you and your momma.

Peggy, I know what you mean about the bad fibro day. I had one of my worse ones yet. I felt so bad it would me up at night and I couldn't get back to sleep I hurt so bad. It lasted for two days.

I went and saw the movie "heaven is real". It was really good. I read the book many years ago. Go see it if you can.

Nite all....

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2014 :  6:48:47 PM  Show Profile
Guess I will try to catch up a bit! I really do think of you all often and it seems like you all are my social life. (Is that sad?)
PG Tammy- Love the picture of your little dog! Reminds me of the size of dd's jack terrior and same colors. Also, loved your crocheted rug. Just the colors for dd's house! Oh, oh...I see another project on my stack! Seeing a completed rug is so encouraging. I was just thinking yesterday of how nice it was that people will be able to use food vouchers at the farm markets this year. Fresh fruits, veggies, eggs, meat for everyone! Yeah!
Peggy- I had to laugh at the thought of Bi-Polar Mother Nature! Yes, it's been a terrible, horrible, no-good Fibro Winter and Spring. I seem to tolerate 1/2 days! Then its off to bed for a few hours. Today I am wearing 2 pr of socks with slippers, long underwear bottoms and jeans, a shirt, sweatshirt and fleece jacket in the house, and winter coat outside. The LP tank is empty again, and its raining buckets! I know it could be worse! (And, this is the woman that hopes to go on hiking vacations this year) No sign of Inga the flamingo yet. I think she is waiting for dry ground and sunshine! I'm sure she will appear then-she's been pretty faithful! Our travel plans are on hold for a bit. We were planning a trip to the mountains in Tennessee mid March. DH was to drive. We were taking his eldest sister and her dh. Another sis from Oregon was to fly to TN to meet us, and another sis from Florida and her dh were driving up, and we were just going to hike and hang out. Well the BIL from here was blowing snow on a bitterly cold day. (We were just on the phone an hour before making the final plans for trip..he was so excited) He went into his garage to warm up, backed into a heater and started on fire. His burns were so deep and extensive he died a week later. We are all still stunned and grieving. We lost a truly good soul and great friend and teacher. Yes, Judy said it all..God Wins! And, somehow, that comforts me...a little. DH is suffering from sciatica..3 mos. now...I'm hoping we put off travel until he is better. He insists on driving the fartherest any human has driven in a day..silly guy. I'd rather he felt better.
I was just thinking about and praying for your friend that disappeared. That has to be so difficult.
Angela- I hope your court date was not so traumatic! I'm sure it was very stressful. I did go through something similar with dd. What happened that day was so stressful to both of us, and when we came out
of the courthouse, we stopped for tea, and caught a glimpse of the tv notifying the USA that the twin towers were attacked. I guess that changed our perspective for that day.
Judy- God Wins! I don't think I won't ever forget those words. Whatever happens, He Wins! I hope your momma's appt. today went as well as could be. It would be as hard for you as for her. Hugs, dear!
TL Tammy- I'll have to look up Tea Guys. Our kids won't get out of school til mid-June with all the snowdays.
Bunny- I've sure enjoyed the family pics you shared. And, I am really looking forward to the Aug. issue! I've read the books Heaven is Real (by father and son)! I felt joyful after reading them. Once you have experienced a gift from heaven, there is just no way you can deny it?
Well, I guess I have written a book tonight. Speaking of books: Where is our Cherime? Hugs to all of you.

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon

Edited by - forgetmenot on Apr 29 2014 09:29:58 AM
Go to Top of Page

Kirksmom71
True Blue Farmgirl

873 Posts

Mel
Dallas Texas
USA
873 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2014 :  3:27:07 PM  Show Profile
Howdy y'all! Its a beautiful day in Texas!

OMG Judith.....so very sorry to hear what happened to the BIL!1 I was truly startled when I read that statement and my hands shot up to my mouth as I gasped..it was like I was seeing it! Prayers go out to you and yours. Hope hubby is better soon.

Judy and Patsy....momma is in my prayers also.

Angela....good luck with the court.

Peggy...it is sad that they have not found your friend or any answers. How is that cutie pie, Elijah?

Well, I FINALLY finished my afghan!

Happy Birthday Willie!!! And congrats on the fifth degree black belt and the induction in the Austin City Limits Hall of Fame!! :)

My best to all,
Mel
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2014 :  5:25:22 PM  Show Profile
Hi My Porchies...

Bunny...hope this week is kinder and gentler on your Fibro. I am loving this weather this week.
I know what you mean though about being woken up with severe pain. Too many nights like that
during the bad weather.

I bet that you are enjoying having the house to yourself. I am so surprised that your mom felt she
was well enough to be gone for so long. That is a positive turn of events.

I read the book Heaven is for Real and I too want to go see it. In fact I am going to be teaching on
Heaven in my Bible Study in two weeks...so, I may even take my bible study group to go see the movie
together.

Judith...Oh my goodness girl...that was so horrific about your BIL. I had the same reaction as Mel...I
just gasped out loud and sat there in shock. Your entire family is in my thoughts and prayers. I don't
know if I would ever be able to make that planned trip...I would always be thinking of what happened to him.
I know life must go on...but it would take a long time to get over that.

Mel...oh, my goodness that is the laciest and prettiest afghan I have ever seen. That is just stunning. You
should be very proud of yourself. Lovely job!!

Elijah just turned 11 months old. He is just a cutie pie. He is going to be a handful in a couple of months
when he is walking and getting into everything. He is Mr. Curious and very fast even just crawling...he will
give you a big smile and laugh and head right for what you just told him not to touch.

Well, tomorrow I am meeting one of our Farmgirls from CA. Her daughter and family live here in Vancouver and
she is visiting. We are meeting at Barnes and Noble at 11:00 in the morning.

Well...I am praying for everyone...seems like we all have our issues and circumstances as well as our blessings.

Love and hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

BarnChickCecily
True Blue Farmgirl

673 Posts

Cecily
Corydon IN
USA
673 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2014 :  8:33:39 PM  Show Profile
HELLO Farmgirls!!! OH MYLANTA, Judith! I had to read that sentence about 4 times...SO very sorry that happened to your BIL! My prayers are with you and your family.
MEL, your afghan is GORGEOUS! I really need to learn more about crocheting...I only know one pattern and I do not know how to read a pattern...just do the one by heart.
PeggyAnn, my boys are 3 and 5 and STILL go for what you told them not to...boys are the cutest stinkers ever!! Sounds like your sweet Elijah is so much fun! What a blessing! That is so awesome that you are getting to meet up with another farmgirl! I am sure you all will have a blast!
I will also keep all of you ladies in prayer...sounds like there are quite a few with Fibromyalgia.
I am thinking about starting my blog up again...but I have no idea how to give it the look I want...any one here have a blog that could easily explain how to add a background to the blog and also to the Title?
Well friends...hope you have a lovely evening!

Farmgirl Sister # 241
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2014 :  8:53:48 PM  Show Profile
Hi Gals!We had the technician out and(she)did work outside,in the basement at the phone hook-up, then back outside,up a pole and came in and said all was fixed and it should even be faster for us,and then she left. Yea, we are back up and running. Of course after she was done I had to leave and take Mama to see her new doc and get established there.We like him. Nice guy. A little hard to understand, bit of an accent....but a nice, older man. Today I had to go get some barium for her to drink for an appointment she has on Thursday. A couple of scans in her immediate future so he can find out where all the cancer is in her body before he does anything. No cutting he said..."that will do her no good" he said. I will let you know what he decides. She likes him, she trusts him. Her spirits are good. That's everything!
I had the same reaction as the other gals about your BIL, Judith. How awful! I am so sorry!
Mel, that is a beautiful afghan! So light and fragile. What talent that took....I just can't imagine doing something like that. *sigh*
Peg, I have a big repair coming up on my Beetle too. It's time for all the 40,000 mile maintenance stuff. *ugh* I just can't seem to find a moment to squeeze it in with all the Dr appointments. I just ask God to keep it going for us. So many Dr appointments...so little time. Ya know?
Loved your comment about Mother Nature too. Made me giggle. I NEED giggles! Thanks!
Well,it's bedtime. I'm T-I-R-E-D!!!
Nite All!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2014 :  8:54:47 PM  Show Profile
Hi Gals!We had the technician out and(she)did work outside,in the basement at the phone hook-up, then back outside,up a pole and came in and said all was fixed and it should even be faster for us,and then she left. Yea, we are back up and running. Of course after she was done I had to leave and take Mama to see her new doc and get established there.We like him. Nice guy. A little hard to understand, bit of an accent....but a nice, older man. Today I had to go get some barium for her to drink for an appointment she has on Thursday. A couple of scans in her immediate future so he can find out where all the cancer is in her body before he does anything. No cutting he said..."that will do her no good" he said. I will let you know what he decides. She likes him, she trusts him. Her spirits are good. That's everything!
I had the same reaction as the other gals about your BIL, Judith. How awful! I am so sorry!
Mel, that is a beautiful afghan! So light and fragile. What talent that took....I just can't imagine doing something like that. *sigh*
Peg, I have a big repair coming up on my Beetle too. It's time for all the 40,000 mile maintenance stuff. *ugh* I just can't seem to find a moment to squeeze it in with all the Dr appointments. I just ask God to keep it going for us. So many Dr appointments...so little time. Ya know?
Loved your comment about Mother Nature too. Made me giggle. I NEED giggles! Thanks!
Well,it's bedtime. I'm T-I-R-E-D!!!
Nite All!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2014 :  10:07:00 PM  Show Profile
Well, rats. I had a post but it seems it didn't want to appear. So here is the abbreviated version.

Judy, sending healing thoughts to momma!!

Judith, I'm so sorry about your BIL. What a terrible thing to have happen. Your family is in my prayers too.

Mel, the afghan is so beautiful!!

I hope this one shows up!!

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - May 01 2014 :  3:33:37 PM  Show Profile
Thank you, friends, for your kind words regarding my BIL. I appreciate being able to share that with someone. I'm sorry it shocked you so. I actually toned the explanation down quite a bit. He was such a giving person that his wake lasted 4 1/2 hrs. The family was going to have a memorial service 1/2 way through; but, people just kept streaming in past closing time. Amazing. Thank you again.

Farmgirl sister #3926

Go to Top of Page

Kirksmom71
True Blue Farmgirl

873 Posts

Mel
Dallas Texas
USA
873 Posts

Posted - May 02 2014 :  08:00:52 AM  Show Profile
Judith....how wonderful to know he was so beloved by so many!

Thanx all for the wonderful comments on my afghan....it is a favorite pattern I have waited years to do.

Cecily...if you don't read patterns....try YouTube. There are a lot of crochet channels on there and they have some great tutorials....I have used a few. Love4Nails is one I have followed. Lots of good beginner books also. I don't crochet for a long while....then I have to go back refresh my memory on stitches and sizing! :)

Judy.....so glad that momma likes the new doc...sure can make things easier. Hope all goes well for her treatment. Too cool that you had a female tech for your phone/computer fix! I'd say women are often more efficient than men! Kudos to the fair sex!!

Peggy....how was your meet and greet with your farmgirl friend?

Beautiful day in the great state of Texas!! Hope yours is also!!

My best to all,
Mel
Go to Top of Page

BarnChickCecily
True Blue Farmgirl

673 Posts

Cecily
Corydon IN
USA
673 Posts

Posted - May 02 2014 :  09:30:20 AM  Show Profile
Mel, thanks so much for the suggestion! Will definately check it out :-)

Peggy...looking forward to hearing about that meet-n-greet....;-)

Farmgirl Sister # 241
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page