Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - May 09 2014 :  08:38:32 AM  Show Profile

Well, Good Morning My Porchies...It's Tea Time!!!

Thanks so much Luanne for the Lovely Tea Pkg. Like the other girls said...you put a great little pkg. together for all of us. You did yourself PROUD GIRL! And I loved the the two tea's both ones that I have never tried...so that is always FUN! You had Great Tucks...also! So, thank You ever so much!!!!

I don't think I would like to find a bear on my Porch at all!!! That is just too close for comfort! I didn't even
know bears would eat seeds. Seems like a very light appetizer for them.

I haven't been on The Porch for a few days because of the Fibro. I went to Bible Study Last night more dead than alive. But I needed to kick off this new Bible Study Lessons on Heaven. Next week the entire group is going to see the movie "Heaven is For Real". Just seems that will fit in perfectly with this Study. So, we are all looking forward to that.

Judy...hope Mama does sleep half the day away. I am sure that this is all very draining on her. And You Too Girlfriend.
Just so hard to watch your loved ones go through such turmoil with cancer.

Hope your hubby is feeling better after the first couple days of having that tooth extracted. Any man would be bummed
not being able to eat "real" food. LOL

Patsy...hope you and hubby had a Nice Anniversary. If I counted all 3 of my Marriages I would almost be where you and Darlene are. LOL I would be at 42 years. But we are getting ready to celebrate 30 years in Sept.

by the way Patsy you can drink that tea...you don't have to just smell it. LOL

Hey Darlene...how is your Hospice job going?

PG Tammy...I get migraines with my Fibro too. Isn't it weird how barometric changes affect our bodies like that?

Oh my Gosh I love your jute rug. That is just too cool. What would you sell those for?

That old sewing machine does
not look like any kind of sewing machine that I have ever seen. Your room transformation is nice too.

Bunny
...I will be looking forward to seeing your work in the August Issue of Altered Coutre. Is it the Red Dress that
they are featuring this time?

Heather...I know that the Lord has just the right Farm for you guys. It is just all in his timing. I am sure it
is out there just waiting for you guys or one coming up soon.

Teacher Tammy...how many days, hours and minutes before you wrap up another school year? I'm sure you are watching
the calendar and clock. Too bad you never get out when the kids do. Teachers hardly get any Vacation time. You
are over worked, under paid and under appreciated. I think teachers should get paid way more than they do.

Well girls next week shows all Sunshine ahead and in the 70-80's which is just perfect weather. I plan to enjoy every minute of it!!!

More Later Gaters...

Hugs and Smiles,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

Life is too short to knit with ugly yarn!

Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch

Edited by - LadyInRed on May 09 2014 12:27:36 PM
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - May 09 2014 :  08:54:49 AM  Show Profile
No red dress. They actually sent back the skirt, but kept the jacket.
I made this really bazaar dress from a slip and sewed lace, vintage linen and two men's shirt sleeves. I'm realizing they like things to be really strange and different. It isn't anything a normal person would wear. But I'm slowly learning what they like. The other item is a brooch I made from a men's collar and some scraps leftover from my sewing. It is pretty.

I'm going to be in a local craft show the end of the month. I'm hoping I can keep my energy up. Thankfully I can set up the day before. The loading and unloading is what will do me in.
I don't think I will sell many dresses, but I will have so e brooches done. Plus I can take credit cards, so that will help. This town isn't the right area for my clothing. I wish I was in Portland. I would do great!

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
Handmade stuff http://www.curiousorangecat.etsy.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - May 09 2014 :  10:29:54 AM  Show Profile
Luanne- We picked up your tea pkg at the post office late last night after our trip to Iowa City and a vocal concert for one of the gkids. It was a postitive end to a very long day.The teas smell wonderful and I will try the green tea as soon as I finish here. Love the seed teapot, and I don't think I could bear to plant anything so pretty. It will probably be a bookmark. The bookmark is so sweet. I love that it is laminated with your name in it. What a neat idea! The little notebook will go in my purse. Due to "fibro fog" I now carry a notebook to use with knitting/crocheting. I write down each row as I complete it for a pattern. That way I know where to pick up again. It works for me.Thank you for the treats! Yikes! A bear on your porch! I used to think it would be so neat to see them close up and personal. Guess I am getting smarter in my old age. duh.
PGTammy-Your jute rug is very cool! I'm with Peggy..what would you sell them for? I love to make things like that..but the rough jute would really bother my skin..I don't think I'm like the "Princess and the Pea" but I just try to work with very soft yarns.
I would not have recognized your pic as a sewing machine either. I love museums. I'll have to put that one on my bucket list. Is it right in Alexandria?
I would get blisters cutting all those sheet strips for rugs too. Do you have a rotary cutter and mat? I'll bet that would make quick work of it. At least, that's what I have used for rug strips for the 4-h kids.
Judy- I was thinking of you and Momma yesterday. Always praying, and hoping you are having a decent day. You both and Patsy are an inspiration to me still.
Peggy and all you girls who care- Well, we went to son's consultation yesterday. Luckily, he had a doctor he felt he was communicating with.
They talked about 2 options. Putting a coil in or clamping off the blood flow to the aneurysm. My son said he could see that clamping off was the best decision for him. So, we will all go back to Iowa City on Msy 23rd. During the 6 Hr. surg. the will remove a pretty good size piece of skull (he is hoping they will be able to put that back eventually. Clamp off the artery. We are not sure what is next. Alot to take in.
I'm sure this is what has cause the ugly fibro dragon to rear its ugly head today. Weird! I can hardly move. But, that's nothing compared to what he and DIL must be feeling. Prayers are constantly in the works.
Well I am off to my tea, Luanne. Then strip the bed. I'm lucky DH helps me put it back together.
Hugs, all. I'm so grateful to have you all to chat at.

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon

Edited by - forgetmenot on May 09 2014 10:35:00 AM
Go to Top of Page

kymomma4
True Blue Farmgirl

516 Posts

RoDonna
Frankfort Kentucky
USA
516 Posts

Posted - May 10 2014 :  8:46:17 PM  Show Profile
Good late evening porchies!! We have been busy here. My MIL rents her other house since we all live here in this one. We had our current renters move out so we have been up there cleaning and putting in a new water heater. I will never be a landlord. NEVER! Too much stress. We do have new renters signing the lease on Monday. I wish she would sell the house so we don't have to deal with it. She's really not making any money off of it. I think she just keeps it because that was her and my late FIL's home when he passed five years ago. She really doesn't have the money to put in it for when stuff breaks. I'm dreaming of a day when I can have a cob home on a farm. My DH thinks I'm crazy to want a "dirt" home but I think they're awesome and beautifully made.

Question! Does anyone here deal with carpenter/wood bees? How do you get rid of them? I have holes galore in the deck and front porch. It's hard to sit outside with them constantly buzzing you. My two oldest use the fly swatter zapper to shock them and then step on them. I've never seen those two more entertained by trying to get rid of the bees. My youngest is terrified of them. It's hard to get him outside. He shrieks and runs back into the house.

I'm excited about my MK business. I have a new team member on my personal team. She was a former classmate of mine in high school. I'm trying to build to Director. It's so much fun when I teach about skin care. The women I meet are so much fun and get tickled at themselves mostly. Several weeks back Conan O'Brien was in Dallas and visited with a MK consultant and went to one of her classes with her. It was hilarious to watch.

I'm wanting to start a blog. I had one on blogger but really was frustrated with it. It's really not the great at explaining what to do and how to do. So now I'm researching. Any tips from other bloggers on the porch would be great. I have a lot of ideas and don't know where to put them. I'm going to start writing everything in a notebook until I can figure it out. :)

Well ladies, think I'll head off the porch until next time. Hope everyone has a wonderful Mother's Day!!

RoDonna

Farmgirl #2361
"Blessed is the farmgirl who helps make the world a better and healthy place" ~ Me

"For she is clothed with dignity and strength and without fear of the future"-Proverbs 31:25
www.marykay.com/rcarson4
www.pinterest.com/kymomma4
Go to Top of Page

Kirksmom71
True Blue Farmgirl

873 Posts

Mel
Dallas Texas
USA
873 Posts

Posted - May 11 2014 :  09:01:10 AM  Show Profile
Happy Mother's Day to all our lovely Porchie Moms!!
Flowers from my son and his girl! Sunflowers in Mason Jars....Aren't they too cute?
My best to all,
Mel
https://www.etsy.com/shop/KirksmomsKottage
http://www.pinterest.com/kirksmom71/
Sassy City Girl with Farmgirl Fantasies!

Edited by - Kirksmom71 on May 11 2014 1:15:54 PM
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - May 11 2014 :  11:31:43 AM  Show Profile

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY TO ALL OUR PORCHIE MOM'S. HOPE YOU HAVE A LOVELY DAY and your families
spoil you, love you, and appreciate you...TODAY and Every Day!!!

Love and Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - May 11 2014 :  5:53:18 PM  Show Profile
very pretty flowers all the way around.
I got a call from my youngest in the Marines. He was able to get liberty today. His girlfriend and her dad drove down to Camp Pendleton to see him. Next he is off to North Caroline for helicopter mechanic school.
Other than that, it's pretty quite around here.

Here is the funky slip dress I made for the magazine.

This is similar to the brooch I submitted.

Anyway, hope everyone has a wonderful day The weather is beautiful here!

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise

Edited by - Bearclover on May 11 2014 5:54:05 PM
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - May 11 2014 :  10:38:08 PM  Show Profile
Bunny...that is really cute! Short but it would look good on some sweet young thing. Like my 27 year old DIL.

I had a Wonderful Mother's Day Weekend. Got spoiled rotten by my boys and Hubby. Hope everyone else did too.

The weather here is spectacular and is suppose to be great all week. I am so looking forward to that.

More Later My Porchies...
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

Kirksmom71
True Blue Farmgirl

873 Posts

Mel
Dallas Texas
USA
873 Posts

Posted - May 12 2014 :  09:04:22 AM  Show Profile
Peggy....glad you had a wonderful day!!

Bunny....love the slip!

I didn't 'hear' from my son....I did text 'Thanx' around 4 in the afternoon (thought maybe my phone wasn't working) and received a 'You're welcome' and then a 'Happy Mother's Day'! I sometimes hate texting.......I just at least wanted a 5 minute phone call saying 'I love you'! :(

My best to all,
Mel
https://www.etsy.com/shop/KirksmomsKottage
http://www.pinterest.com/kirksmom71/
Sassy City Girl with Farmgirl Fantasies!
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - May 14 2014 :  4:53:43 PM  Show Profile
HI girls,
I am down to a day and half with those brat butterflies...yes I said brat. I am so ready for them to be gone. Next week we have meetings and finish up and then I have a few weeks to regroup. I met with my principal for end of year meeting and burst into tears. My test scores were down and I just felt like such a failure and I teach in a parochial school where we don't put so much on testing..but still it was terrible. I am taking a summer off from tutoring as my principal said I need to rest and refresh. I was grateful for that.

I know God is asking me to slow down and allow him to mend my spirit. I will have near the same number of students next year so I believe rest and refocus is going to be very important.

But I do have a funny. Yesterday I was getting ready for bible study and my dog Jax was outside and so we called him in and he rushed past us...oh my goodness did he stink and was covered with some mud. My dear hubby figures he fell in our burn hole and it had rained and made it pretty soggy...oh my he hopped in bathtub and he hates baths. I was so mad at him...I had to take shower and was late for bible study. I tell you that dog can find trouble like no other. I told him I gave him the wrong name. Thankfully today he has not wondered too far from the back yard.

well I best skedaddle I have lots to finish up for school but just wanted a porch break.
love to you all
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Today Is The Day
http://todayanewday.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - May 16 2014 :  10:08:13 AM  Show Profile
Hi Gals, Boy, most weeks fly by and I say 'what happened. But this week is crawling by, and I still say, 'what's happening.' hahaha
I am waiting to hear from the radiologist to set up Mama's appt. for radiation. Doc said one hit to that knot on her face should make a BIG difference. He said that even after the initial treatment it will keep shrinking. I hope he's right. She can't wait. It's really bothering her now. The insurance company won't cover it at this hospital,but will at that hospital....just the usual beauracratic(sp)bunk.
....waiting-waiting-waiting.....
I think the storms are through with us for awhile. We have a high of 61 today, breezy & cloudy after having 88, humid, tornadoes whizzing overhead, buckets of rain, hail and floods.... and it's STILL Spring...mid May....WOW!!!
Well,that's all for now.
Toodles

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"
"The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it is on my list!"
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - May 16 2014 :  1:13:00 PM  Show Profile
Hi My Porchies...

It has been a really nice week here and we just love being busy outdoors...whether it is playing
or working or walking.

We are headed back to rain this weekend. I can feel it coming in my bones and muscles.
But I am ignoring it as much as possible. I plan to enjoy the rest of the day and worry about
tomorrow when it comes.

I didn't get to play with my little boy the other day as he went down for a late nap.
I was sad...no baby time. I love these grandkids to pieces. As Iam sure you know by now. LOL

Hubby and I finally went and got our new phones. I got a Galaxy 5 and he got the Larger
Galaxy Note that is almost like a tablet...but works good for a guy with big hands.
They also had a deal going on a Samsung tablet for $50.00 so hubby got one of those too.
I am a die-hard Kindle Girl...so, I didn't get one. I love my Kindle HDX!!!

My gal just left who cleans my floors and bathrooms for me. She is just such a huge Blessing.

Last Night my Bible Study Group went to see Heaven Is For Real. It was a good Movie. I liked
the book better but they did a decent job in the Movie trying to
Keep Heaven on a Spiritual Level and not making it Hollywood Theatrical. I recommend it to anyone who hasn't seen it
yet.

Well, I am tired and all I have done is walk the dog and chat with my house-cleaner friend.
But I woke up early, for me this morning and went to bed later than usual last night.

Hubby had to have his car worked on this morning so we are stuck at home. Can't drive my car
until we can afford the 1200 dollars more to have the Head gasket and other stuff done. That is at least a month from now. One of these days we might get a break on Car expenses...I am tired of the money flying out the window each month. Now you see it now you don't. LOL

Judy...praying for Mama's radiation. Hope they will only need to do it once to give her the relief she needs.

Teacher Tammy
...I am happy to hear that you aren't going to Tudor this summer. I think you really need the break girl. Take it and enjoy it for all it is worth!!!! The new School year will be here
before you will want it to be anyway. Allow yourself that mending and healing that you need. ~ Oh, that little Jax was a stink bomb huh? LOL

Mel...I totally get you on the Texting especially on a Holiday...Like Mother's Day. The first year
E-Cards came out I got E-cards for Mother's Day and I told my boys that was not going to FLY with me.
I didn't expect a gift but they could at least take the time to pick out a personal card. They took
me seriously because I never got E-Cards again. My boys were raised to show love and appreciation
and I didn't want them to take the easy way out with anyone. A small thoughtful gesture goes a long ways.
I loved your Sunflowers in the mason jars. Too adorable!

Bunny...have you sold that slip dress yet? I really like it...and every time I look at look at the picture it
grows on me more. It is young and fresh and lacy and I could
see some sweet young thing wear it with a little bolero
jacket and cowgirl boots.

Hey girls...don't know if any of you like the Magazines Birds n Blooms or Country Magazine but they are offering both those magazines for $7.00 for a years subscription (each one). The offer only runs through May 22nd...but if you love the Photography in them like I do...that is a great buy. I ordered both. Just google it and it will get you to their home page.

OK...off for now. Have a Great Friday Girls!

Hugs and Blessings,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on May 17 2014 11:16:51 AM
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - May 16 2014 :  5:04:50 PM  Show Profile
Judy, I sure hope that dr is right about momma's jaw. This has taken entirely too long, they should be ashamed of themselves putting her trough this for so long.

TeaTammy, so sorry your charges turned out so badly. Just let it go and move on. Maybe next year will be better. Us the summer to rest up! You need it.

Peggy, car trouble is the worst! The slip isn't for sale yet. The magazine has it. I haven't put it in my store yet. I figure when I have the magazine, I can take a picture of it and add that to the listing.

Not much else going on. My youngest is in North Carolina for helicopter mechanic training. He sounds so happy! He has been under a drill instructors thumb since January and is now enjoying a little freedom.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - May 17 2014 :  08:37:51 AM  Show Profile
Bunny, I'm thinking this new cancer doctor doesn't think the old one did the chemo right or the cancer wouldn't have come back so soon.
Being new he has to establish himself and get all the records and ask all the right questions. Her age is against her here, and they all know it and know that they have a time-bomb on their hands. I wouldn't want to be him. It's gotta be tough. Even her insurance company is fighting it...won't pay for this test if you have it done here, won't let you do another test if you do it there...it's a dance...there's no doubt about that...politics in action. At her age they should all be ashamed. She said she's ready to go no matter. That's my Mama...brave to the end!
Could I ask that you send her 'encouragement' cards girls? Her own brothers and sisters aren't filling that void like I think they should. She needs to know that somebody cares!

Evelena C. Jones
501 S. Chapel St.
Louisville, Oh 44641

Thanks Gals!

Well,Patsy and Jim are brave souls. They are up here in Ohio camping for 2 weeks for the holiday coming up. Most of their kids are joining them to make it a family thing. Most of them are from warmer climates and have tents AND the crazy nuts are in the primitive lot...no water...no electric...'NO SENSE...any of them!!!' *giggle* they will ALL be sick! More power to them. It is going to be in the 50's & 60's in the day and down in the 40's at night. CRAZY! At present...it's sprinkling. *weee* Not For Me!
Have a Great day Gals!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!

Edited by - herblady55 on May 17 2014 08:39:00 AM
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - May 17 2014 :  11:34:43 AM  Show Profile
Judy...I will send Mama another card. Glad to do something to perk her up
a little bit. ~ I'm with you I think your sissy and family are crazy!!!!
Doesn't sound like fun to me anymore. Too cold and tent camping is only fun
if you are young. The last time I went tent camping I was 37 and I felt every
lump, bump, twig and rock. My husband had never camped before and after a week
of it...he put a moratorium on it for life. Ha Ha!!!

Bunny...Oh, I forgot they keep those items of clothing for awhile. Well, I still
think it will sell as soon as you put it in your Etsy Store.

We have the Vancouver Parade Route going right past our Apartments today. So our
neighborhood is packed with people and cars every where. I am NOT much of a Parade
person...so I am not out watching it. Snickers is barking his head off at everyone
who walks by...driving me up a tree.

Rain hasn't gotten here yet but it will be here soon...my body is proclaiming it loud
and clear. I think DH has a mild case of Fibro because he seems to be very weather
affected this year. He got up...said he wasn't feeling good...and went back to bed.

Thank The Lord that his car repair was only $150.00 yesterday and his car runs great.
We went out last night and did some more postings and it was great. I wish my repairs
were only in the low hundreds. My car is much newer than Larry's. But I swear that model
year for VW Bugs was a LEMON YEAR.

Well...nothing new here today. I got some Tea coming from Susan Branch and looking
forward to getting that in my mail box. Hope it is as good as it sounded. I splurged and
got one of her cute Tea Tins too.

Have a Lovely Weekend and just Rest and Relax Girls!!

Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on May 17 2014 11:40:55 AM
Go to Top of Page

jenne.f
True Blue Farmgirl

643 Posts

Jenne
Wagontown PA
USA
643 Posts

Posted - May 17 2014 :  12:06:42 PM  Show Profile
Judy,
I wrote a quick note for your mother.
Wishing her the best.

~blessings~
Jenne
Farmgirl #4616

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - May 18 2014 :  1:00:54 PM  Show Profile
Happy SonDay!
Thank you Gals for taking my poor Mama under your wings! My PorchBuds are the BEST!!!
Peggy, what year is your beetle?
I texted Patsy last night and it was so wet there that her son and his 2 kids slept in Patsy's camper instead of trying to set up his tent. Mind you it's only a tent camper with a hard top over the center part but at least it's off the ground. It got down to 36 last night...and it rained some more. That's WAAAAY TOO COLD to be sleeping outside...unless you are a cow or horse, with a fur coat! PERIOD!!!
Call me a weenie, I don't care! That's TOO COLD!!! I would be off to a motel. I mean, I'm still sleeping on flannel sheets with socks on. Even when it was 88 last week, it still got pretty chilly at night, so that flannel sheets felt good. I did ditch the socks but that's all.
I remember when we were kids and we had a tent camper(soft sides and top)and we traveled into the Mts., and we primitive camped(always)on one of our extended vacations. Patsy and I slept on one side and Mom and Dad slept on the other. We ALL slept in clothes and coats those nights. I somehow got my feet tucked up under myself to keep them warm, don't know how I did that to this day, but I was around 10 y.o. so I guess I was flexible(WAS).But the next day I was so stiff and sore from that pretzel shape AND the cold that I said NEVER AGAIN!We're talking frost on the tent...Mom said we even had light snow! ACK!!! Really? OK...so when I turned 11 I must have got a brain...cause'...No more, done, finished, through, No Can Do!!!
And yes Peg, sleeping on sharp rocks and eating charred food('cept marshmellies...yummo)is not MY idea of having a good time! "Moi does not camp!"
Any other camping horror stories out there? Reasons why we don't do it anymore?

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - May 18 2014 :  4:01:05 PM  Show Profile
The last time I tent camped was 2 years ago. We spent 3 days in the pouring rain - went for a ride in the car with the heater on to dry out and get warm. Figure if Sam and I didn't kill each other after 3 days in a wet tent there may be hope for us yet. We are going again the 3rd weekend in June - pray for better weather!

Hugs,
Luanne

beekeepersgirl #691

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.

My blog: finallyafarmgirl.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

alterationsbyemily
True Blue Farmgirl

686 Posts

Emily
Thomasville PA
USA
686 Posts

Posted - May 18 2014 :  5:27:38 PM  Show Profile
4 months, man, it has been forever since a visit to the farm. I am so happy to see everyone's good news here! You have not been far from my thoughts. I wanted to spread the good news, I went back to school! After the first semester I am doing very well. Three kids, plus full time in school, it is hectic. I have summer courses until mid July!

See you in July! Loads of love--

---
Farmgirl #2951
2012 Farmgirl of the Year
http://simpileeliving.blogspot.com/
And my new Etsy listings http://www.etsy.com/shop/alterationsbyemily
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - May 18 2014 :  8:49:23 PM  Show Profile
Luanne, just wanted to tell you that I loved that'cherry rose green tea.' I got 4cups put of that one tea bag. Can you tell me who makes that. I may have to get some. It was so smooth.
Emily, you sure have your hands full. May God give you strength to carry that load.
We actually saw the sun today. I was shocked. That wind was cold though.

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - May 19 2014 :  03:48:28 AM  Show Profile
Hi Judy -
I loved that tea also - I got it online from a company called The Republic of Teas. The only problem I have found with them is that they don't always have the same flavors - some of them are "seasonal or limited edtions" - so the next time you go to order it, they don't have it.

Hugs,
Luanne

beekeepersgirl #691

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.

My blog: finallyafarmgirl.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

2972 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
2972 Posts

Posted - May 19 2014 :  08:11:13 AM  Show Profile
Hi Everyone :)
We've been busy here on the farm too. I'll try to upload a few pictures.

Judy - I heard that NE Ohio got hit pretty bad with the storms. I was praying they missed you. We had a lot of dark clouds and a bit of rain, but nothing severe here. I'll be sending mama a card tomorrow. I do hope she can get that lump taken care of soon. The only camping story I have isn't really "camping". It was the night before my high school graduation. There were so many relatives that came up my sister and I slept outside in the tent. It got so windy I couldn't sleep so we couldn't sleep. We went in and slept on the living room floor. The next morning we found our tent is shreds. I always wanted to go camping for real, but I grew up on a dairy farm then married a dairy farmer. I think the back yard is as far as I'm going to make it with a tent :)

Tammy - Hope you're enjoying your break. You deserve a nice long summer. School here goes until June 2. The state gave back a few snow days so there wasn't so many to make up.

Bunny - I love that dress! Not sure I really have a place to wear something like that, but I love it anyway!!! You're so creative. I have a pile of clothes that I keep thinking I can make something out of, but I never do. Maybe one day....

Well, let's see if the picture uploader fees cooperative today....

Nope, I can't get it to upload :( I don't know why it works sometimes and not others. I'll try again soon, but right now I need to fix some lunch. Hope everyone has a great week.

Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701
http://nndairy.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - May 19 2014 :  08:45:05 AM  Show Profile
Hey Luanne, that's the website I told the girls about that always gives a free teabag with their catalogues. Did you just get the free blackberry-sage bag? They sent it once before, a long time ago, but I don't care since I really like that flavor. I bought it after I tried it last time they sent it. It wasn't as strong on sage flavor as the sample was, so I called them and told them and they said that maybe it was because it was the decaf one, and sometimes thru the decaffing(is a word...yes?) process it loses some of the flavor. So they sent me a box of the full-caff free. I tried it and it was still lacking the way I like it, strong on sage flavor. It was there, just very weak. I grow sage in my herb garden so I just add more to my cuppa. hahaha That's the only problem I had with them, and they went above and beyond to make it right, so I can't complain.
Heather, I'm glad you didn't get all the rain and storms. You would be knee-deep in mud and your (cow)girls would be sucked in.hahaha

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - May 19 2014 :  09:42:49 AM  Show Profile
Hi Girls crazy weather this weekend and so far the same today.

I have no energy and my head is throbbing like somebody hit me
in the head with a two by four.

This is a New Christian Magazine I found at Barnes & Noble. It is put out by the American Bible Society and costs
$12.99 an issue. I wanted to share a little bit of it in pictures so that you could see how well it is done.
I know they also did one on Jesus around Easter. My hubby bought this for me yesterday and so far I have only
perused it and shared with you and my FB Friends. The magazine is relatively thick and though the price is high
it is well worth it. Many great Lessons to guide your life as a Christian Woman. You will have to check it out girls.

Judy...you would be proud of me...I actually mixed two different teas together and I liked the combo. I told you
before that I am a purist and a tea snob (coffee too)...I don't usually mess around with perfection. But I took a Chocolate tea and mixed it with the Carmel Vanilla Tea and it was rather good. See, there is hope for me yet. LOL

Luanne...have you tried the Tea Guys yet? Me either but I am going to. I just ordered a Cute Tin and a Speciality
Blend of Susan Branches Tea. It should be here today or tomorrow. It was on the spendy-side but it was my Mother's
Day Gift to myself. LOL As if I wasn't spoiled enough.

Wow...the sun just poked it's pretty bright head through the clouds for a minute. We are suppose to have 3 days of
sun and then back to rain by Fri, Sat & Sun. Crazy weather in the NW.

Heather...I never have trouble downloading pictures on here. I wonder why you do sometimes? Are you downloading from
your own picture files? You always have great pictures to share...so please try again later.

I got all my garden put in on Saturday. My Little Postage Stamp Garden makes me so happy. Just enough dirt to dig
in and just enough to grow what I really like and hate to buy at the store...because home grown is always so much
tastier. This year I added green beans and a third heirloom tomato which is a small yellow salad tomato.

Well, I have some work to get done. Will try to check back with you all later.

Hugs and Smiles,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

2972 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
2972 Posts

Posted - May 19 2014 :  11:47:37 AM  Show Profile
I save the pictures from my camera onto my laptop then upload from there. I'm not sure if it's my computer or what. Sometimes it works super fast, but other days like today it seems to be ignoring me. No matter how many times I hit the upload button nothing happens. I'll just keep on trying. Sooner or later it's going to work - hopefully!!! How is the chocolate tea? I've seen a few different brands of it, but for some reason I'm hesitant to try it. I guess I love chocolate so much I'm afraid the tea just won't compare.

I thought I'd give it one more try and it worked!!!! YEAH!!!! Anyway, this little fella was having a hard time nursing from his mama. I tried to guide him in the right direction, but then he just kept following me rather than his mama. Since he wasn't very old he was still a bit wobbly on his legs and he ended up falling down. I took the opportunity to show him where he was supposed to be. He latched on and Inga, being the wonderful mama she is, stood there patiently while he lazily enjoyed his breakfast :)

Well, now it's back to ignoring me. I'll have to try again later for the rest.

Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701
http://nndairy.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page