Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - May 02 2014 :  09:56:16 AM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
It's a gorgeous day here in the western mountains of NC. Going to do laundry,nice and breezy out there. Hubby mowed yesterday and is weed eating today.

Judy: God WINS sticks with me to after reading your post. He will always win, no matter what. It's just that our silly human hearts only want to cling to what we know here on earth, though we get a taste of Heaven in a church service or have a near death experience.
Just remembering.. "It Will Be Worth It All", when we see Jesus. All trials will seem so small...when we see Christ..one glimpse of his dear face..all sorrows will erase.. so bravely run the race.. til we see Christ... (tears of joy here)

Thank you all for your kind words and for keeping us in your thoughts and prayers. We appreciate it so much!

Thomas Edison: "Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." :)
Go to Top of Page

kymomma4
True Blue Farmgirl

516 Posts

RoDonna
Frankfort Kentucky
USA
516 Posts

Posted - May 02 2014 :  11:22:20 AM  Show Profile
Wow, I've missed a lot. This spring has driven me crazy so far. I haven't been able to get on the computer to talk to you girls. My brother's wedding went off without a hitch. I'll post some pics. It was a beautiful day but chilly. The past week felt like God's furry with the wind and rain that we've had. Think He's trying to get peoples attention and they're not. We lost some seedlings Tuesday night when 60 mph winds hit. Toppled over the small greenhouse that my parents had. Dad even spiked it into the ground two days before.

Judy~ soo sorry to here about your BIL. Just knowing that he is with our Father makes it somewhat easier. I'll be praying for you family.

This is the Bride's bouquet that I made. My SIL!

These were the Bridesmaids' bouquets. Made these too.

This is my brother, new SIL, and new nephew!!

Have a blessed weekend ladies! It's Derby Weekend here. Only in KY!

RoDonna

Farmgirl #2361
"Blessed is the farmgirl who helps make the world a better and healthy place" ~ Me

"For she is clothed with dignity and strength and without fear of the future"-Proverbs 31:25
www.marykay.com/rcarson4
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - May 03 2014 :  11:23:30 AM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Hi everyone!
Much has gone on since I've been here. Forgive me if I forget anything or anyone, it's not my intention.

I received the teas from Judith and Patsy. Love them, the cards and tuck ins. The beads came in one piece and are so cute. I thought earrings too. Where did you find those cuties?

Judith, Sorry for the loss of your BIL. His last breath here was his first with Jesus. PTL!

Judy, Sorry for Mama and you and Patsy. God is always in control and at our weakest He gives us strength. Many prayers flying to you. Thanks for my BD card sister.

Bunny, Handsome sons. Isn't it amazing when we look at our children and realize we made them. God is so good.

Peggy, Beautiful babies. Love the pics you post.

Angela, Praying for you to have Peace. Put God first and listen for an answer. He will not let a door open if it shouldn't. Let His plan fall in place.

Mel, Beautiful afghan. Intricate stitches. I always wish I could do those but never take the time. You need to enter that in a fair!

Tammy, Nice rug. Another project I hope to try one day!

I have been MIA because first I got a chemical burn in my eye from a Pond's makeup remover wipe with chamomile and white tea. Normally I use the sensitive wipes but they were out of them and I thought how bad could this be. An emergency doctor appointment and two more visits for a $20 copay each time. Put on a prednisone eye drop and now fine. Before I was done with that little episode I started with a cough. I got pneumonia. Couldn't take a deep breath in or talk a few words without coughing my now healed eyeballs out! LOL! On my second course of antibiotics now and feeling better. I must tell you that my church sisters called when I was MIA from church and then Bible study to find out what was up. When they heard how bad I sounded they prayed for me and started making calls and put me on the email prayer chain. Within one hour I took my first deep breath and was able to carry on a conversation without coughing. Prayer works my sisters! Thank you Jesus!

Many prayers and sisterly love to all of you.

Be Blessed and Be a Blessing,
Darlene
Sister 1922

God first, everything else after!

When Satan's knocking at your door, just say "Jesus will you get that for me?"

When it gets to hard to stand, Kneel!

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - May 03 2014 :  11:38:47 AM  Show Profile

Good Saturday To You My Porchies...

I am so tired today...but I know it is because of the weather change and the Fibro. It is hard to drop
from 90 degrees and Sunny down to high 60's and rain...it about does the body in.

Anyway, The first picture I posted is the Flower Painted Photography I bought at the Portland Saturday Sunday
Market a couple of weeks ago. Sorry about the flash glare off it but I took several shots of it at different
angles and it went from bad to worse. Then the middle picture is some cute Mail Art I received yesterday.
It was funny because many of us ventured away from Paper Art this month and did something completely different.
I made a denim wall pocket for my Mail Art person. It turned out cute too. The third picture is one of my
bird houses but I turned it into a Butterfly House. LOL! Looks pretty though don't ya think? ~ I went back and added a picture of the Jean Pocket I made for Mail Art for April. The gal I sent it to loved it.

I have been so busy this past week. I guess I thought I had to make up for the week before when I had to cancel
out on life for a week. I got my little garden planted this week. Which was nice to get done. Well, almost. I
want to get one more large pot and plant the zucchini in it and then I bought some pole beans to plant also.
I ran out of potting soil and need to get more of that.

I ran to several Dr. Apptmnts with DH trying to find out why he is so Jaundice looking. So far everything is
checking out fine. Which is baffling because something is wrong.

I taught both of My Bible Study Groups...lots of reading and prep work for those two classes. Plus my oldest son
sent me a book to read, my mom ask me to read book about the Holy Spirit so she can talk to me about it.
And I am reading two other books. So, I feel like my head is spinning with information and food for discussions. LOL
My brain is getting too OLD for this much INFO! Ha Ha!!!

I had my little man last night...he is so stinking funny. The minute they carried him in the door and he saw his
Grandmama...he was smiling from ear to ear and laughing. He wore me out last night though because he is really
starting to move with lightening speed (not walking on his own yet though) but he is fast down on all fours. And
this Grandmama doesn't believe in putting all her pretties away or up high just because baby is here...and so
it is always a contest between us. He thinks it is a fun game to go directly to the Nick-knack shelves and
grab something before I can get to him. And when I tell him "No, Elijah"...he just laughs like crazy. Heaven
forbid once he does start walking...he is going to be a Tornado in Tennis Shoes!!! LOL I felt like last night I had to conquer, distract, and wrestle him all evening. But we still had a great time. Love the kid to pieces. He is going to keep this
Grandmama young despite herself.

My DH and I are going to Costco in a little bit and check out new phones. Our contracts are up and we both need new phones.
Especially DH. He has my old one and it is doing all kinds of strange things that it isn't suppose to do. We had
his battery checked and it is still good.

I am Listening to a new book when I walk each day and it is the latest one in the Lincoln Lawyer Series by Michael
Connelly called THE GOD'S OF GUILT...it is really good but not for our gals who just like lite Mysteries or
Victorian Reads like Emma, Mr. Darcy, Little Women and such. This book is a little grittier compared to those. You girls know me...
I like a wide variety of reads.

For those Porchies Who Feel like You are Drowning in a Sea of Discouragement or Pain or Worry...YOUR LIFE GUARD WALKS
ON WATER!!! AND HE will rescue YOU!!!

Love and Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

Edited by - LadyInRed on May 04 2014 11:44:13 AM
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - May 03 2014 :  4:57:30 PM  Show Profile
hi ladies,
I thought I would pop in before heading back outside. It is beautiful here today. Today my dear sweet twin boys turned 18. Yes 18. One more year of high school and then they will take their wings and fly. I can't believe how fast the years have gone. So we are celebrating a bit later.

I only have 9 and half days of school left. I am pretty much in survival mode right now and looking forward to a break to renew. It has been a difficult year with the butterflies.

I am hoping to plant some flowers soon. It has been so very cold here. Also if you are looking for some delicious teas, I am here to tell you the tea guys have the most delightful tea and so now I switch off day by day with Harney and Tea Guys. My tea time is wonderful.
well hubby is calling so best skedaddle.
Yall take care.
love to you all
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Today Is The Day
http://todayanewday.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - May 04 2014 :  5:28:52 PM  Show Profile
Hi Ladies!

Just a quick note. Things have been up and down here. Good news is that I got the tea swap packets finished today and they will go in the mail tomorrow. This is my first time at the swap, so let me know if you don't get your packet or if I didn't do it right!

I could use some good thoughts right now - boyfriend and I are having major issues after having been together for almost 7 years. I'm starting to feel like a doormat, and I'm tired of it and sad. We had a major blow-out again this afternoon, and it's just got me down this time. Everything seems to be about him - we talk about him and his interests/hobbies and his family, we do what he wants to do, go where he wants to go, watch what he wants to watch on TV, etc., etc.. I work full time, while he is retired. I come home from work, cook and freeze meals for him to have during the week, cook meals for him at my place on the weekends, drive him everywhere because he doesn't like to drive............Makes me thing of that Toby Keith song "Once in a while, I want to talk about me".

Sorry to sound like such a grouch - if I was younger I'd call it PMS - don't know what to call it at my age. I know there are so many of you with much worse things going on in your lives than boyfriend problems, so forgive me for venting. Know that you are all in my prayers.

Hugs,
Luanne

beekeepersgirl #691

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.

My blog: finallyafarmgirl.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - May 04 2014 :  6:19:20 PM  Show Profile
Hi Luanne...good for you on having the Tea Packets ready to send out. We will all look forward to getting
our Mail. Also, sent you a personal email on the boyfriend issue.

Teacher Tammy...You must be counting down the minutes by now for school to be getting out. Time for those
little Butterflies to fly off and torment someone else for the Summer Months. LOL
As soon as I get off of here...I am going to go check out The Tea Guys Web Site. Right now I am having a
cup of my favorite Choc./Rose Tea from Harnie and Sons.

Not much going on here...Just read all my material for teaching The Daniel Plan for Tuesday. Tomorrow I will
be preparing My Study ON "Heaven" by Randy Alcorn. LOTS OF READING to do for both classes just to prepare
want I plan to teach.

OK girlies...quiet Sunday on here. More later.

Hugs and Smiles,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

Edited by - LadyInRed on May 06 2014 09:44:27 AM
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - May 05 2014 :  09:49:33 AM  Show Profile
Hi Gals, Guess what I saw yesterday for the first time ...EVER ...in our yard and at the birdfeeder???
George Straight!!!
(made you stop your jar dropped and you said...huh?...didn't ya???) hahahahaha
Just wanted to 'shake ya and wake ya' a bit! It worked too didn't it? hahahahaha
...and you thought I was going to say ...a bird! *giggle*
Ok....for real now....I saw an 'Indigo Bunting.' The gorgeous royal blue stood out like
Christmas foil wrap, all shiny and bold. A BEAUTIFUL bird. Don't know what it was doing around here.
Just passing thru, I'm sure.
That's all....just wanted to share with ya'll!
TTFN!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"
"The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it is on my list!"
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - May 05 2014 :  7:31:07 PM  Show Profile
Judy for a moment there I thought you were serious...about George Straight...hahahahh I was thinking I should be in your back yard.

Peggy, I am hoping yall got your new phones and yes I am shooing those butterflies out very shortly.

LuAnn I will be praying for you. It seems to me that maybe God is trying to tell you something. But no matter what, He will be there.

well ladies just wanted to say hello.
love to you all
Tammy

Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - May 06 2014 :  04:08:03 AM  Show Profile
Thanks ladies - I appreciate your thoughts and prayers. We had a long talk last night and he actually LISTENED for a few minutes. I'll see what happens over the next few days.

Your tea went in the mail yesterday - let me know if it arrives safely!

Hugs,
Luanne

beekeepersgirl #691

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - May 06 2014 :  10:03:51 AM  Show Profile
Hi My Porchies...

Judy...I looked up that Indigo Bunting on google yesterday and the Males are called George Strait! LOL
The females must be Patsy Cline or something like that. Tee-hee.
You are so crackers girl!!! BUT you always make us laugh.

Luanne...talk is cheap girl and so is listening with one ear. Praying for you! Looking forward to the
tea. A reason to anticipate something good in my Mail Box is always FUN!!!

Teacher Tammy...no we didn't get our new phones. Hubby said he just wanted to just look and I said NO Thanks...
I'm not a window shopper and you know that about me after 30 years ...so we wait until we have cash in hand.
He can go look if he wants to but please don't waste my time.

I can't remember if I told you gals or not...but our friend who was missing...her body was found floating near
where her car had been parked. The Authorities think she killed herself but my husband, son and I don't. We know
to much about her to buy in to that scenario. My husband may need to contact the Police. We are praying about it.

Yesterday, I finally spruced up my home Porch and got it all ready to enjoy for the summer. IF Summer ever comes to
stay...I will REALLY ENJOY IT. I sat there in my Rocking Chair yesterday after it was all swept, washed down, and
the decorations brought out and started to freeze immediately. LOL Where did that 90 degree day go from last week???

Off to teach my Daniel Plan Class in a few hours. I'm not losing any weight but I sure am eating healthier...so, I
know the weight will start coming off eventually too. I am looking at it as more a Health Insurance rather than a
Diet. I am beginning to eat to Heal My Body. Good Food is Medicine.

I just finished a Debbie MaComber book called Blossom Street Brides. If any of you have read the Blossom Street Knitting
books...this is the newest one. Just came out last month. It was REALLY Good!

OK girlies...have a Gorgeous Day...and do ONE THING to indulge yourself today!

Love and Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - May 06 2014 :  10:44:25 AM  Show Profile
Good sunny afternoon, ladies! Yes, I finally figured out what that bright light is outside. As my dgd says, "Oooooo-shiny!"
RoDonna-Your brother's wedding bouquets turned out lovely! I do love decorating for a wedding (or any other festive occasion).
Darlene- Ty for your condolences re my BIL. I love the way you put his meeting our maker. How sweet! I can't believe something that sounds so inocuous as that make-up wipe caused so much damage. Wow! Thank heavens your eyes are ok now! And, pneumonia..you are so right about the power of prayer.
TLTammy- Oh, I want to plant flowers too! If the sun will stay out for a few days, I will be in the garden.
LuAnne- I am looking forward to the tea. Love, love, farmgirl mail. (Well, who wouldn't?)
Judy- Those Indigo Blue Buntings are so beautiful! I hate to tell you but they are regular visitors to our bird feeder in the summer. In fact, we had two males and one femalethis morning. I'm so glad you were able to catch sight of one. Their beauty just lifts a heart!
Peggy- I feel the same way about shopping..DH will window shop, and price and compare for months before making a decision..I get so frustrated. He's a good shopper, but I know what I want and, I want it now! lol. We just got new phones. He picked them out. (I'm such a ludite) I'll never use all the features! But, it is pretty cool. (latest model Samsung). Well, now you've done it again..started me on another book series. I just got the first 2 books of the Blossom Street knitting series for my nook. Like you, reading is probably my #1 exercise. (lol)
Well, ladies, my son's Bell's Palsy is starting to subside a little. He is getting a little feeling back by is eye in the left side of his face. He was afraid it would be permanent this time. See Darlene, the Power Of Prayer! And, we will take him to Iowa City for surgery on a brain aneurysm on Thursday. So, we are praying all along! I'm beginning to believe that the palsy was a plan by our God to have ds go through all those tests to find the aneurysm early. sigh.
Have a lovely day!

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon

Edited by - forgetmenot on May 06 2014 10:49:49 AM
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - May 06 2014 :  11:11:18 AM  Show Profile
Judith...how did I miss the news about your son??? I must have been speed reading again.
I had a young woman in her 30's that worked for me and she came down with Bell's Palsy.
It lasted about 3-4 months and then just went away. Her entire right side of her face
drooped just like a stroke victim. One thing that can cause it her Dr. said is if you
wash your hair or shower and get water in your ear...then go outside in the cold.
Always make sure hair and ears are good and dry before you go out in winter months.
But then they discovered an aneurism too huh? That does sound like God intervening on his
behalf...so the lesser issue of Bells Palsy caused you all to find out that he had an
aneurism too...WOW...God is good.

I think you will really enjoy the Blossom Street Books! They are good.

We are alike on the shopping thing girl. I know what I want already too and it is the Samsung 5.
I have the 2 currently and really like it. So, I would love to upgrade to the 5. Hubby is
clueless what he wants.

Found another little something...something for you Judith the other day when I was out shopping.
Will stick it in the mail in a day or two.

Darlene...I didn't mean to ignore you girlfriend. You and I must have posted at the same time the
other day. That was really weird about the eye-make up remover wipes....but it is strange how
something that seems so normal can cause such strange re-actions. I tried (when they first came on
to the Market)one of those 8 hour lipsticks. My lips swelled up so much that I looked like I just
had a botox injection or something. It was aweful!!! So, I feel for you girl. Anything to do with
your eyes though is so much worse. Just terrible.

OK...off to go walk my dog...and myself.

Love and Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - May 06 2014 :  3:11:46 PM  Show Profile
Hi gals,
Ya Peg, I probably am 'crackers'.... but you are the 'dip' my dear lady. hahahahahaha
I know it probably isn't polite to bring this up, but I kept picturing you with those BIG puffy lips(like Goldie Hawn in 'first wives club') and I started to giggle because I had a flashback of you another time. Tell me, was that by any chance around the same time as when you had to run to the bank without your dentures because they were in the repair shop. Whoa baby..... THAT would be a perfect Kodak moment.
roflrofl....oooo-ooooooo.....my sides hurt.hahahahahahaha
Let's see, next topic....I don't have that book but I do have D. Macomber's Summer on Blossom St and The Shop on Blossom St. Between my Mom and Goodwill, I have about 10 of her books.I really enjoy her stuff. I have to read them all yet, but with summer coming(slowly)it may have to wait till fall now.
I'm so sorry to hear that they found your friends body. How sad and 'yes', how strange too. I hope they figure out what REALLY happened.
I am happy to hear that you are eating healthier foods. That's half the battle. Just like me...I forced myself to get out to the park and walk today. Forcing myself out the door is half the battle. Once I am out there, all is well. It's just getting myself out there. Then while I was out there my cell rings and it's about pre-registering my Mama for her scan Thursday. Of course I don't have her card in front of me and had to wait till I was done walking to drive home and do all that. But, it was cool and sunny and 62 out there and the birdies were all singing and the bluebirds were swooping and twittering all over the fields at the park and it was just wonderful...just what Dr.God had ordered for me knowing it would lift me. It did. I needed that.
Well, gotta go for now girlies. Hubby is on his way home from his moms and we have to go vote yet.Toodles!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!

Edited by - herblady55 on May 06 2014 6:25:40 PM
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - May 06 2014 :  6:22:18 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Judith,
God is in control and you betcha that BP was in the plan to discover your son's aneurysm. I will be praying for you and your son. I will put you on our prayer email at church if you like. We have marvelous prayer warriors. From one mother's heart to another's I pray for peace, comfort and healing. Rest in the Lord my friend for He can do All things. Not some but All. Keep us posted as you can.

Luanne,
You did it right sister. I love everything. Where did you get those seed teapots. How cute! Your bookmark already in use. LOL!
The boyfriend sounds just like a husband! LOL! They need a mother! I know it's awful for you but lay the law down and see if he respects you enough to change.If you fell like you are being taken advantage of then you are. Meet me in Tannersville/Bartonsville, I'm a good listener!

Peggy,
One time I ended up in the ER from a face cream. I try not to use anything new. The ER doc said there is a specific additive that causes a lot of people to react adversely. I don't remember what it is though. Not smart on my part! I had the big lips too! Beautiful sight.
I'm doing 2 bible studies now. Beth Morre's David, Seeking a heart like his. Lazarus Awakening by Joanna Weaver. Both good.

Judy,
I'm still playing the EGG game. LOL! I love birdies. I don't think I have ever seen your blue birdie. I only get the nasty blue jays! Praying for Mama and you. Keep us posted.

TLT,
Almost an empty nester. Yikes! We cried like maniacs when our son went to collage. You'll need wine not tea!

RoDonna,
Beautiful flowers. Nice wedding picture too.

Darlene
Sister 1922

Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - May 07 2014 :  1:44:22 PM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
Luanne: Love the smell of both teas. Can't wait to try them. Love the tuck-ins! Hubby got a kick out of the rubber band on the notepad. very useful I say. Really like the bookmark, sweet sentiment. :)

Today is our 43rd anniversary ..wow.. did I just say that? where has the time gone? Hubby will be 66 on the 10th and since Mother's Day is Sunday, guess we will celebrate all week. lol

Well, ta ta for now. Enjoying the bright sun this week... at least early morning and late evening.85 is pretty hot in my book.

Thomas Edison: "Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." :)
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - May 07 2014 :  1:49:42 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Happy Anniversary Patsy. Ours was 45 this year. It doesn't hurt if you say it really fast!LOL!

Darlene
Sister 1922

Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - May 07 2014 :  3:18:04 PM  Show Profile
Happy Anniversary, Patsy and (your) DH!!!!!

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - May 07 2014 :  4:39:13 PM  Show Profile
Luanne, I got my tea today. Thank you so much for the extras! Love farmgirl mail.

Judith, I'm so glad your son is doing better.

Peggy, so sad about your friend. Amazing her body was close to the car. What took them so long? At least the family has some sort of closure. They still need to find out what happened, but at least where she is is solved.

TeaTammy, school will be out soon! Hang in there. Sounds like you had a tough crowd this year.

I did a job shadow at the college today for two of my classes. It was nice to feel useful. I have been house and pet sitting for two little blind dachshunds. They were both very sweet little dogs. I go again the end of the month. No internet or cell service there. I almost go into withdrawals. Thankfully I have knitting, drawing and embroidery I take with me. She does have tv so that helps.

I had a sale this morning. Very thankful for that! Not sure if I told you all, but I'm going to be in Altered Couture again in August.
My youngest is doing great in the Marines. The middle of the month he leaves for Pensacola Florida for helicopter mechanics school. Florida in the summer....won't he just love that.

Weather is beautiful today, kitties are glad to have me home. Mom got home yesterday. No more house to myself. :(

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
Handmade stuff http://www.curiousorangecat.etsy.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - May 07 2014 :  8:16:46 PM  Show Profile
Judy - So sorry about your mom's new diagnosis. She has definitely had it rough. Keeping her in my thoughts.

Peggy - those storm system we've been having are horrible. I've had more migraines in the past month then I've had in years combined.

Bunny - that' awesome you're in the magazine again. Praying you'll see an increase in sales.

Judith - thank you for the comments about the rug (and everybody else that commented).

Mel - Beautiful afghan! I love lacey afghans like this. I need to get working on one soon for M*'s buddy and his wife who are expecting a little girl in the fall.

Darlene - I pray your eyes heal quickly. I've had several reactions to products too.

It's a gray and rainy day here today. It's been a very wet spring to say the least. What we didn't get in snow over the winter because it was too cold to snow we've already made up for with all the rain. Good for the farmers though. It's just dragging me lately but I'll bounce back once the sun is out again.

Well I survived my mother's visit. Trying to get her to do anything was like pulling teeth. All she wanted to do was sit and listen to the music channels on the tv or watch tv shows. She brought a quilt with and didn't touch it the whole time she was here. It went smoothly though so I'm happy. We met one of my sisters in Alexandria, MN and she took mom back with her to Rochester.

While we were in the area M* and I stopped at the Runestone Museum so we could see the Kensington Runestone. Pretty cool. The museum name was a bit deceptive as it gave us the impression it was Viking/Norsemen history and such but it was more a city historical museum and the Kensington Runestone was one display in it. It was pretty cool though. They had this old sewing machine in there that I had to take a third look at before I realized it was a sewing machine.

Even though my mom didn't do any crafting while here I did finish off another rug made of 6-ply jute. I think I may bring it back inside after it dries and crochet a scalloped ruffle around the outside. The jute makes for a great outdoor rug. I need to order more jute and make more of these as I think these might be good sellers. The red, white & blue rug I did gave me a blood blister from the scissors so I haven't been able to cut any more fabric for another one. I have about 6 sheets ready to be cut up for the next rug.

M* finished the floor thankfully! He did an awesome job on it too. He really liked how I decorated the room with my thrift store finds. He called it Country Comfortable LOL.
Before:

After:

I made some french bread that just came out of the oven so I think I will say good night and go get me a slice while it's still warm :O)

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://ndprairiegypsy.blogspot.com/
Jamestown, ND
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - May 07 2014 :  9:28:39 PM  Show Profile
Darlene, I love the sound of the egg game... crunch crunch.... hahaha
Hi Patsy, I'm glad you liked your 'early' anniversary card. You know that it won't happen again. You know I'm due for a late one. Harahan
I can't believe it's been that long either. Seems like yesterday we were doing your 25 year renewing of the vows at church... and I had laryngitis that morning, and God touched my throat that afternoon so I could sing for the ceremony. Wow! That was an 'Amazing God Moment!'
Wow, Patsy got her tea before. All right! Hahaha 'Turbo' snail-mail! Woo-'hoo hahaha
Bunny, what do you like to draw? Two blind puppy-dogs. How sad. Were they blind from birth or did something happen to them?
I can't wait to see what you have in the fashion magazine in August. woo-hoo
Where is our 'Cherime?' Does anybody know? It's been so, so long.
PGTammy, another nice rug. I like jute rugs too....nice 'n rugged for outside. I like your room make-over. Gorgeous floor and quilts. Nice job!
I would never have guessed that was a sewing machine if you hadn't told me. *giggle*
Well, hubby had a tooth extracted today. Dentist said it was infected and best to remove it. Poor man was miserable, especially when dentist said to eat only cold foods all day. Plus they had to be soft foods too. Now ...that doesn't bother me at all...I can eat cottage cheese and fruit, plain yogurt and fruit, whatever. But to tell my man that is like giving yogi bear a picnic basket and telling him not to eat what's in it. He was craving pizza today too. Plus, it was a nice day and neighbors were grilling out and it smelled wonderful. hahaha Oh well. What can I say?
Well, tomorrow is Mama's pt scan at 3:30. Keep us in your Prayers please!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

2959 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
2959 Posts

Posted - May 08 2014 :  10:21:07 AM  Show Profile
Thanks for the tea Luanne! I love the teapot seed thing and the bookmark and notebook. You did a great job.

Happy Anniversary Patsy! My husband and I celebrated 12 years on the 4th. We went out to eat and played put-put golf. It was a good time.

It's been crazy busy here on the farm, but I pop in and keep up on you girls. Know that I'm praying for all of you even though I don't post it.

Yesterday it finally really warmed up here (80 degrees!). We were finally able to let the cows out to start grazing in the pasture. Boy were they happy!! We had 2 new calves too (boy was I happy!!)

Hubby finally made it to look at farms. He ended up going to MN and ND. The farm in WI isn't going to work. The barn for the cows collapsed from the snow this winter :( The one in MN probably isn't going to work either. The land is very wet and we need a lot more acres than what he has to support our herd. The owner (and almost everyone in the area) has Lyme's disease. It makes me really not want to go there. We're working on the details of the one in ND to see if we can do it. The wife doesn't want to sell at all, but her husband has dementia really bad and is going to have to go into a home. I've been doing a lot of praying about it. I know God has a plan, but my patience is gone. We're reacting to every problem that comes up on the farm and in life rather than being proactive and living our lives. I know God doesn't want it to be this way so I pray that He shows us the way to our new farm.

Well, I need to go do some laundry and make lunch. Hugs and prayers to all!

Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701
http://nndairy.blogspot.com/

Edited by - nndairy on May 08 2014 10:23:41 AM
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - May 08 2014 :  6:15:13 PM  Show Profile
HI ladies,

Luanne I got my tea today and just love it. That seed teapot is so darn cute. Thank you so much.

Bunny what will you be putting in the August issue? Inquiring minds would love to know.

Judy will be praying for your sweet mama and your dear hubby.

well I am off to have tea and do my bible study lessons.
love to you all
Tammy

Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - May 08 2014 :  6:31:31 PM  Show Profile
I'm glad you are all enjoying your tea and that everything arrived OK!

Just heard a noise on the front porch, so flipped the porch light on, and there was a huge black bear standing on his hind legs eating the birdseed out of my hanging feeder. First one I've seen this spring. They are hungry after the long winter, so come closer to people looking for food of any kind. This one had tags in both ears, so he has been trapped, tagged and released at some point in the past.

Off to bed - have a good night all!

Luanne

beekeepersgirl #691

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - May 08 2014 :  8:14:24 PM  Show Profile
Hi gals, Luanne, I got my teas and tick-ins today. Thanks so much. It was a nicely, put together package. Such a cute teapot too.
Hmmm.... the only bear I'd want to see on my porch is a teddy bear.* giggle* A little too close for comfort if ya ask me.
Well, Mama and I were wore out after our long day. She will probably sleep half the day tomorrow. Now to wait till Monday to see what the new oncologist thinks we should do.
*sigh*
Heather, yes it is nice to see warmer weather, isn't it? I didn't think the cold would ever leave Ohio. Ya, you'll find something you like pretty soon. It's just sitting out there waiting for you to discover it. Heehee
Hubby feels better today. Just a little sore but not as bad as I thought it might be. He took soft foods to work again today, so that was ok.
Well, time for this olé hen to go to roost.
Nite Porchies.

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page