Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2014 :  9:07:31 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Judy,
How's Mama? How are you holding up? Prayers continue.

Heather,
Cute kitty! Did you have the other calf yet? Do you have an Aldis in your area? I went on Friday and they had strawberries and blueberries for $1.29. I couldn't believe it. They are from the USA too! I froze them and I'm going for more tomorrow. They were delicious and big. Before I froze them we had BB pancakes days in a row! I made some SB jam in my bread machine and that's what I do now instead of making big batches all at once.

Everyone is on vacation I guess. Have a safe and fun 4TH!

Be Blessed and Be a Blessing,
Darlene
Sister 1922

God first, everything else after!

When Satan's knocking at your door, just say "Jesus will you get that for me?"

When it gets to hard to stand, Kneel!

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2014 :  8:17:36 PM  Show Profile
Hi gals, Man is it hot. Three days of almost 90 with 88% humidity. Unbearable.
Well, the hospital is up to it's stupid tricks. They haven't been giving Mama her water pills, so she has swollen up some. Now they have her on water restriction because she's swollen up. We're ready to sign her out ourselves. Dave is really getting upset because the doctor they assigned her won't even call us when we ask him too. And nurses don't seem to know how to answer our questions because they don't know what's going on with the doctor. Don't doctors read charts anymore? All her drugs are listed in her family history.
Stress, stress, stress.

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"
"The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it is on my list!"
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2014 :  8:25:42 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
I,m srry Judy. For all the great doctors there are their counterpart lousy docs. I've dealt with them both. If they don't want to call, explain, prescribe, etc. they won't. It puts the nurse in a bad position. Poor mama. You too! Still praying for all of you.

Darlene
Sister 1922

Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2014 :  9:13:08 PM  Show Profile
Judy - Girl your problems help me realize that my problems are nothing. I can't imagine the frustration you're going through. I will keep your mama and your family in prayer.

Heather - What an adorable calf!

Bunny - the end of training is very emotional. Your son needs to get active to keep his mind off the ex. I realize it's hard. My son did a lot of volunteering on his time off. Animal shelters, homeless shelters, etc. can all use help even if for a couple hours. He missed our dogs so much he volunteered at an animal shelter to help. His base had a lot of volunteer opportunities within the community.

Talked to my daughter-in-law Sunday night since it was her birthday. She says Matthew is stationed on a base and "safe". That's a blessing to hear. She also said it was really hot where he is so I guess living in TX has helped prep him for these desert assignments. I'd die in that type of heat. She's going back to school to be a vet now.

We booked our flight for our trip for M*'s niece's wedding in the UP of Michigan the end of August. The way he's acting I don't want to go. He's started with the attitude 2 days after Jordon arrived. He'll be okay for a day or 2 and then it starts again. I'm so tense I feel ready to explode already. He started ranting at me this morning for taking a shower before I started working and it hasn't stopped. Apparently I'm not allowed to take one until after he's done with his which is about 7 and I start work at 7 so I'm not sure how that's supposed to be logical. No job calls for Jordon yet and I desperately need him to find something so if we have to leave we have enough money between us to live on. Please keep us in prayer.

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://ndprairiegypsy.blogspot.com/
Jamestown, ND
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2014 :  12:02:44 AM  Show Profile
Hi My Porchies...sounds like everyone is getting heat. It was 99 degrees here today officially.
100 + BY OUR THERMOMETERS! I love it! As long as I can escape into my air-conditioned Apartment
when it gets too hot...I'm good.

The dog isn't liking it too much (he's black)and he is hating the fireworks. He shadows me all
day long...just in case. And then at night when they start up he immediately wants up on my lap.
And so I sit with 25 lbs on my lap for hours. That is after giving him meds.

I just took him outside at ll:30 to pee and it is still 84 out there. I was ready to get into my
swim suit and jump the fence to the Pool. LOL

I have been working on putting my Granny Square Afghan together. I am using the hidden seam method.
It is my favorite. But let me tell you working on an Afghan in 100 degree weather is a little insane.
I have also been taking Lavish Leisure time and just sipping sun tea and reading a Gladys Tabor book.
I love reading about Old farms and the lives of the people on them.

Heather...your sweet kitty looked so darling peeking through the flowers. I'm not a kitty person as
I am so allergic to them (extremely so) but I think they are so cute.

Darlene...glad you are popping on more often. Do you have cold water in your out door tubs??? If so,
I'll be right over. Save me the Red One. LOL

Judy...I am so sorry Mama isn't getting the care she needs. No, Dr.s and Nurses don't seem to be able
to read your medication history no matter how many billions of times you give it to them. It always
floors me. I am afraid your mama's age probably goes against her when it comes to good care too.
It shouldn't be that way but it is and it's a d*&% shame. Praying for you. How long has your mama been
in the Hospital?

PG Tammy I am so sorry that things have already gotten worse with the Mister, now that your son is back
in your home. I figured it would come to that but not so quickly. It puts Mother's right smack in he
middle which is exactly where we never want to be. I will be praying for you all.

Well, off to read. Stay cool girls!!!

Love and Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

Life is too short to knit with ugly yarn!

Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch

Edited by - LadyInRed on Jul 02 2014 12:04:56 AM
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2014 :  5:54:15 PM  Show Profile
Hi, Farmgirls!
Oh, boy, Judy!!! I could spit nails and gravel with all your Momma and and your family has been through! But, I would rather just give you all big hugs! Still praying for all of you!

I have to admit I have been just reading posts for the past several days and only remember about half of what I have seen. Hope you all will excuse me. I am trying to stay up long enough to post this...DH had his back surgery yesterday at 1 P.M. and he is home already as of 11 a.m. today. He is doing great!
On 6/26 DH took me to the hospital. (Can you believe it...I have never had an emergency anything) Diagnosis is acute cholecystitis/acute pancreatitis. Scared DH and me. I don't even remember being there after the first hour until about 12 hours later. I came home on Sunday after they were able to calm down the inflamed gall bladder and pancreas. I have an endoscopy scheduled for tomorrow. DGD and baby will keep an eye on Grandpa. Thank you, Lord! Then, later this month I will have gall bladder surgery. Oh, and Yippee! Just as I am learning to cook for two...we start a new diet plan. Low fat, possibly no fat, depending on health of pancreas. Here's a kicker...we don't even eat meat or fried foods! Sounds like a new adventure coming our way!

My son is recovering remarkably well! His staples came out last Tues. I took him to DD's salon and she shampooed his hair. He says his senses are more acute. I told him about his cousin's aneurysm and passing. That really touched him. He said something about it all making sense now. I'm not sure what he meant. I will ask him sometime.
Thank you all for your prayers!
DD had her throat checked out on Monday. She was losing her voice. Her voice box is "fried" from smoking and acid reflux. Doctor said she is just two steps away from cancer. She started patches that day. Her said she won't be able to sing any more. She loves to sing and has a beautiful voice.
So, how are your 4th of July holiday plans coming along?
(I'm not forgetting that not everyone celebrates that holiday)
Wow! Long-winded after all. Guess I missed you all!

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon

Edited by - forgetmenot on Jul 02 2014 5:57:54 PM
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2014 :  6:23:30 PM  Show Profile
Judith darling...do you feel like somebody put a bulls-eye on your house or something?
Good Grief...well, hopefully you will be able to have it all over with and behind you
guys and then will all stay well and in good shape for awhile. They say everything happens
in three's...and you guys just proved that true! lol

Keeping you in my prayers!

Love and Big Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2014 :  6:40:04 PM  Show Profile
Hello ladies,
I apologize for being out of the loop. My dear hubby had an accident and so it has been running to emergency and doctors. he was helping his brother sort cattle and the horse he was on got spooked and threw him off. He is severely bruised, has two broken ribs, and a bruised lung. We will be going back in few weeks for follow up cat scan to make sure lung has healed on its own and how ribs are doing. It has been a hard week and half. Our anniversary is Saturday and I am hoping he will feel up to going out to dinner. The doctor bills have been unbelievable. I had still been paying on the bills for son when we were trying to find out was wrong with his back. I think I will be paying a while now. I am so thankful my hubby wasn't hurt worse or as doctor said killed as hard as he hit. To bruise a lung they say takes a pretty harsh trauma to chest.

My mom is doing fairly well with her foot now. She is doing physical therapy three times a week. She can finally drive.

We have also had a month of hail, flooding rain, and tornados. Every one gets on edge when the weather man says to be on watch. I have cleared out water from my basement more times than I can count.

It is hard to believe I have about a month before teachers report back to the classroom. Yikes!!!!!! I am so not ready. So since I have been home with hubby I have gotten a few things done for my class.

I hope to get your teas out in the next week if nothing else comes up in my crazy life. Judy I loved your tea.

I am supposed to go to Washington DC in three weeks as chaperone for my son's school trip. I am excited about that.

well I just wanted to check in before the posse came after me. I am still here, just trying to get through one bump after another lately.

love to you
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Today Is The Day
http://todayanewday.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2014 :  7:49:00 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Judith
What can I say except You are all in my prayers! Glad son and hubby are doing well. Sorry you aren't. Pancreatitis is no joke! Is your pain ok? Your daughter has just gotten a wake up call. My daughter smokes too and only they can stop! You poor sister! Hang in there and let all of us lift you up. God is always faithful!

TLT
Another sister needing our prayers. Wow your hubby is lucky that's all he has wrong. He could have required a chest tube or worse. God is so good. Poor you having to deal with all the other things too. Don't worry about the tea. That's the least of your worries. I'm sure no one will care when or if they get the tea! Praying for all of you also.

PGT
You need prayers too! Without going into details, I know what you are going through. It's not worth ruining the rest of your life for. It doesn't get better. Really evaluate your situation and know you are worthy of respect and don't settle. You won't ever please someone like that because it's all about them. I'm sorry for you. praying God's will in your situation.

Judy
Still praying.

Peggy
Hi sister. We need to do some heavy duty prayers here, don't we? How's Our baby? LOL! Feels like he's all of ours.

Prayers for all you sweet sisters.

Darlene
Sister 1922

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2014 :  8:56:40 PM  Show Profile
Hi gals, Mama came home today. Hopefully she will feel better at home. Patsy and Jim are staying with her for awhile to make sure she's stable enough to take care of herself. They put her a/c in and I see that being a battle since she's cold all the time. I hugged her today when I left and she was burning up. I told her so but she said she was chilling. Poor Mama. We told her to just let it take all the humidity out of the air then turn it up to 78/79 and leave it there, but I don't think that will happen. I washed all her bedding today and Patsy put flannel sheets back on her bed. I hope and Pray she sleeps well tonight.
Peg Dear, You really do need to move to Arizona. I hurt every time you hurt. hahaha
Judith, so glad that your son is doing so well. He's come a long way. Thank You Lord!
Tammy, will Pray for Jordan.
We had another stinking hot sticky day again today. It sprinkled this evening. Suppose to be in mid to high 70's for 2days. I sure hope so. We need the break.
I'm all in.
Night-nite porch-buds

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2014 :  03:45:20 AM  Show Profile
Wow - praying for all my sisters - so many issues and heartache right now.

Not much new going on here. We went to Lancaster County last weekend and spent a few days visiting our Amish friends and attending an auction. We picked up a couple of things, but nothing big.

The heat and humidity here have been awful this week, and the A/C isn't working. Guess I'll be going A/C shopping this weekend. Fan's just aren't doing the trick. Everything in the house feels damp (including me!!)

Have a safe and happy 4th everybody!

Hugs,
Luanne

beekeepersgirl #691

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.

My blog: finallyafarmgirl.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2014 :  08:12:09 AM  Show Profile
Hi all. Just drove down through Canada to Pacific NW. In Portland. Left AK 6/30. Haven't forgotten you all will take care of tea in Aug. Been promoting books and writing like crazy along with working. Just a short picture of the Cassiar Hwy. One of the prettiest and roughest roads I know. Later all have a great holiday.

Blog http://cherimemacfarlane.wordpress.com
Cherime
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2014 :  12:11:34 PM  Show Profile

HAPPY 4TH OF JULY MY PORCHIES!!!!
HOPE YOU ENJOY CELEBRATING INDEPENDENCE DAY
WITH FAMILY AND FRIENDS.

CHERIME...Good to see you on The Porch Girl!
We thought maybe you hadn't thawed out yet
up there in Alaska.

Love and Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2014 :  2:36:52 PM  Show Profile
Just stopping in to say hi to everyone. So sorry about all the medical issues! They take a toll on you and your pocketbook. Praying for healing soon.
PGTammy, so sorry to hear about M being a butthead. I hope your son can get a job soon so you two can find your way. I think a few of us have been there.

Not much going on with me. I'm interning at the local community college. I applied for another position there. I have much better chance this time. I should have an interview next week. It will be hard with my full class schedule of lots of homework. But all my classes are online. I just am in a lot of pain when I come home from even the internship. I don't mind it as long as I don't have to do anything when I get home. I'll be finished with school for good in September. I can't wait. My sewing will suffer until then.

I had an appointment with a rheumatologist and he confirmed the fibromyalgia. My mom however has decided it is allergies and emotional. So now she is a Dr. I try not to let it get to me.

Anyway, hope everyone has a safe holiday! Keep those pets in a safe place tonight!

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
Handmade stuff http://www.curiousorangecat.etsy.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2014 :  7:20:54 PM  Show Profile
Hello all, hope yuns had a safe and happy 4th. Patsy & Jim opted to go play with her kids at the lake for the weekend. *sigh* Alone again, naturally...Mama and I.
Cherime, I was so happy to see you...err...hear you? Glad you are ok. Was worried.
Mama and I had chicken pop pies from store today. Wasn't too bad. Dave worked today,so......
Nothing to tell here.
G'nite Porchies.

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2014 :  7:48:52 PM  Show Profile

HAPPY 4TH OF JULY MY PORCHIES!!!

TRIED TO POST THIS EARLIER AND IT WOULDN'T POST!

Love and Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2014 :  05:39:01 AM  Show Profile
Hope you get it Bunny. Judy, no real problems other than not enough time. Prayers for all and later. Back to it again.

Blog http://cherimemacfarlane.wordpress.com
Cherime
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2014 :  7:49:23 PM  Show Profile
Wow, where is everybody! Guess we need to have a bbq or something to get everybody back to the porch LOL. I'm sure very body is busy with it being summer. I'm sipping on a lovely glass of Muscato wine and I'm willing to share what's left in the bottle.

I was so proud of myself tonight. I made mushroom and roasted asparagus risotto tonight for the first time to go with our salmon. I've never made it before and I decided to use a recipe that called for regular long grain rice. M* was insistent that the texture would be all wrong. Well he had to admit that it was dead on after I got done with it LOL Jordon liked it so much I think he had 5 helpings :O)

Weather wise we're still having a lot of storms. Flooding in some areas is worse than it was in the spring. Unbelievably cold winter and now extremely wet spring and early summer. Humidity is rarely an issue here but lately it has been. It hasn't been super hot, it's the humidity.

Peggy - how's the afghan coming? I've never heard of that method before but I've never done a granny square afghan either.

Judy - how's mama doing? Is she still in the hospital?

Bunny - wishing you the best of luck!

BFTammy - how is your husband doing?

We're leaving Thursday to go to Minnesota for an extended weekend. Hopefully it will go well. We'll be staying with a childhood friend of M*'s that I've never met and his girlfriend. I put up the used tent we bought and blew up the used air mattress (an aero) to make sure everything was okay before we take off. Bought some flameless candles and cute solar light strands to decorate the tent with. I have a friend who was at a SCA event 2 weeks ago and was using real candles and her tent caught on fire. I love real candles but would rather be safe than sorry. She's an experienced tent camper too so I'm not sure what happened.

I promise I'll make some lemon cookies and iced tea when I get back!

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://ndprairiegypsy.blogspot.com/
Etsy: PrairieGpysyCrafts
Jamestown, ND
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2014 :  12:33:44 AM  Show Profile
Hi My Porchies...it is scary quiet on the Porch!!!!

I'm with you PG Tammy...maybe we need something to perk everyone up and get them back
on The Porch. Maybe some kind of Give Away...just to get everyone excited about something.
I know we have had so much illness and surgeries and cancer treatments...and everyone feels
overwhelmed. Let me think about it for a day or two and I will get back to you all with
something stimulating I hope.

Hope your extended weekend turns out to be even better than you think it might be Tammy'

I didn't think I was going to be doing anything over the long weekend and it turned out to
be a really busy FUN time with my youngest Son and Family. My husband stayed home and slept
all weekend.

We went to a McMinnemins Winery/Hotel/Brewery in Troutdale Oregon. We had lunch and some wine,
then we walked the Vineyards, Herb Gardens, Vegetable Gardens and roamed the Hotel and Gift Shop.
There were two Weddings being held there that day also. It was just a really beautiful Old Place.
That use to be a State run Old Folks Home/Nursing Home/The Poor House. Because of that they are
reported to have ghosts on the premises. It was huge. There are three or four different Restaurants
and a distillery. We didn't see it all...and we spent the entire afternoon there. It was just a
delightful day. Something very different for a 4th of July but most enjoyable.

Today when I was talking to my Aunt...she lives in Gresham Oregon...she told me that my Grandfather had
died there in the 1940's. How sad! She said it was called The Poor House back then. I never knew my
Grandfather as I was born in the 50's.

Anyway, how strange to think that His Grand-daughter (me), His Great Grandson (Shane) and his great-great grandson
Elijah...were all there where he died...this past 4th of July. It was a day of destiny...a Family coming full circle.
Is it a small world or what girls?

Well, Cherime...it was so good to hear from you. We didn't know if you had thawed out up there in Alaska or
not. But I guess so...since you were down here in my territory.

It has been really HOT here...which I love, but the Humidity is about to kill me off. That, I don't like.
So, I have been hiding out in my Air-conditioned Apartment in the heat of the day. Believe it or not, I
almost have my afghan put together...just two more panels and I'm done. Yahoo!

Well, it is late and I am very tired...so more tomorrow my Porchies.

Love and Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2014 :  8:50:59 PM  Show Profile
I have a computer now!!! Yea!!! It's a tiny thing, but it works. I couldn't post from my phone cause it's got a 3 minute internet timer. If you sit still for more than 3 minutes it kicks you off the internet!

My life has been super crazy! Let's see.... My baby girl was cleared by the specialist. She won"t be needin surgery & doesn't have the same tumor her sister has. My middle girl will be havin surgery on august the 4th. That's scary! My oldest girl gave birth to a beautiful baby girl 2 weeks ago! Adalynn Rose! She is perfect! Her heart is enlarged, but isn't causin much trouble right now. I'm still waitin for my final hearing for the divorce, 16 months later! I get very little child support & he is lyin to the courts, his lawyer, the girls, & his boss. I am so ready to go back to court & lay all my evidence on the line to watch him fall. He truly believes he is bulletproof, but I have been building a bigger gun! LOL!

I am learnin all new ways to cook with the girls diet restrictions & our lack of a stove at the moment! It's been a learnin experience I would have liked to do without. I even learned that steamin zuchinni boats, then toastin them off in a pizza oven is a very desirable meal! It's been requested twice since my first desperate attempt to find a different way to cook all these zukes that keep pilin up.

We have reunited with some family that we haven't been around for years. That has been so nice. I have been missin my family so badly. The girls are absolutely lovin all the get togethers & visitin we've been doin. We were never allowed to do that before.

I have a few wonderful new friends and a few old ones from high school that we've been spendin time with too. I have really enjoyed that! I am settlin into my new life pretty well I think. Still no boyfriend yet, but I'm fine as I am for now.

I won a beading contest! YEA!!! I just wish I had more space so I could get back into beadin full time again. I so love doin it, but I have no space to set it up and work on it. I am desperately tryin to find a place of my own, but with no car it's so hard. My wonderful ex took my car from me 36 hours after I finally got it runnin, so I have to borrow vehicles all the time. It sucks, but I'm workin on that too.

I am babysittin at night to have an income and puttin a little back each week to try to get a van. I need a van with all the kids & the grandbabies to haul around! I will be so happy when I have my own transportation & can get me a place of my own. I have a great idea on how to set up the apartment so we will have room for all we need. I even have my budget prepared for when we get into it! I know where we are goin, just not sure which town that we will be in. The assisted housing group for our area has the exact same apartments in buildings in 5 different towns.

I have been offered some of the government voucher program kids if I can get my own place. They won't allow an individual living in a two family situation to accept the vouchers without all adults bein certified. My mom can't be certified due to her strokes, so I have to wait till I'm on my own to take the jobs. It would mean 3 vouchers a week at $125 each. That's more than minimum wage pay! I have to pay my own taxes, but I already found a website that figures that all up for you, and I am gonna take the H&R block tax classes this year so I know how to do all that for myself.

I am also preppin to start spring classes next year to become an interpretter for sign language and spanish. There's a guy in the next town that has agreed to hire me once I have a vehicle & my first year completed. He will then pay me to do 2 more years and send me on jobs. It pays awesome & requires very little time. He said I could take my kids with me on the jobs since the people I will be helpin will have theirs with them too! So long as the kids don't cause any problems that is! He told me to teach them as I learn, so they can entertain the other children and he would give me a bonus to take all of his "problem" jobs.

Well, I seem to be very long winded tonight! Lol! I have thought of all you lovely ladies everyday of my absence. I have prayed for you and missed you all terribly! I will be on here daily now! You ladies have a nice night and be safe!

Farmgirl Sister #1438

God - Gardening - Family - Is anything else important?
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2014 :  8:46:38 PM  Show Profile
Hi Gals, Need some extra Prayers for Mama. I fear she's giving up. She said she's tired of living. She's in terrible pain and can't get any stronger meds, her bladder is being affected by either the tumor, the meds she's on or an infection. She can't retain her water. We are waiting on her radiologist to call to start her next round of radiation. She has a MD follow up appointment Monday, but she's just not eating enough to have any strength at all. She's just lost her will to live any more. Dave said that she probably needs a Foley catheter for a couple of weeks until they get this radiation started and get the tumor under control... if that's even the reason for the loss of bladder control.
Prayers PLEASE!!!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2014 :  10:37:26 PM  Show Profile
Judy... Lots of prayers for peace and strength for her and you and all involved!

Farmgirl Sister #1438

Go to Top of Page

Kirksmom71
True Blue Farmgirl

873 Posts

Mel
Dallas Texas
USA
873 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2014 :  08:22:09 AM  Show Profile
Pretty quiet on the Porch lately! Nice to see Cherime checking in!

Judy....so sad to hear that Momma is giving up....but I can understand that she is just so tired concerning the fight....always in my prayers!

Angela....good to see you on the Porch....sounds like you and the family have been busy....lots of great plans in the works!

Peggy....it's so nice that your son and family include you so much....I'm jealous! :) Saw your finish afghan on another forum....it looks amazing! Congrats on the finished product.

My best to all,
Mel
https://www.etsy.com/shop/KirksmomsKottage
http://www.pinterest.com/kirksmom71/
Sassy City Girl with Farmgirl Fantasies!
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2014 :  11:24:29 AM  Show Profile
Judy...so sorry to hear that your mama is giving up...but seriously I can't really blame her. You just surely
must reach a point that you say...enough already. I'm done, I can't take it any longer. Just love her up and
make her remaining days happier ones. She needs to feel like she has some say in her and control over her last
days. Death with dignity is a very good thing. I don't know if I was her...if I would have allowed myself to
go through as much as she has. I really think she was doing it for you and Patsy...wanting you to know she
gave it her best shot. You need to accept her giving up and allow her the grace to do it her way.

Angela...sounds like your life is as hectic as ever. Sorry to hear that your girls are going through health issues.
I thought you guys were in an apartment? Sounds like now you are staying with your mom is the correct? Are you still
doing the community gardening? I know how much you thrive on that. Probably physically and mentally and emotionally
health for you too.

Mel...my youngest son really does enjoy having me around and so does his wife. We are very close knit. My oldest son
lives in Seattle and when I am there...he does the same thing...he always has fun and creative things planned for
us to do. My middle son is sort of the loner. I know he loves me but he never has liked family gatherings or meeting
at a Restaurant for a meal or that sort of thing. He is 35 and a bachelor...never been married and probably never
will be. But he hikes, fishes, camps, and kayaks. Loves outdoor sports and indoor. We have those things in common
where my other sons aren't at all into sports and I do love them.

Well, I'm off to see The Wizard...

Love and Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2014 :  1:16:10 PM  Show Profile
Hey Ladies!

I'm babysittin two lovely little ones in the evenings now! I seem to draw the ones that others label as problem children, but I just don't see it that way. The 2 I have were rejected by other sitters as bein too argumentitive and antisocial. The parents tend to buy into these statements and will fuss about it when I meet them. I believe the children weren't bein allowed to be children. I try to keep them outside playin, where they can run and be loud. It seems to make a difference that I don't mind them gettin dirty and playin with whatever sticks & rocks they can find. We even have a diggin area where they can dig in the dirt!

I think too many people want everything sterile and spotless. Kids don't like that! They want to find worms and chase bugs and spray each other with the hose. You have to be open with kids. I tell them if they get carried away to calm it down a little, but I don't stop the game altogether.

I also allow any of them to sit on my lap, look at what I'm doin, ask questions, & talk to me. I see too many sitters tryin to keep a distance so they don't get attatched to the kids. I know they come and go. I know it's gonna hurt to lose them. I know it's considered unproffessional. I don't care! I have watched a few over the years who I knew in my heart got more one-on-one time with me than anyone else in their lives. I feel like every child should be given a real chance, and that won't happen if they are ignored all the time!

Ok! Enough of the soap box! LOL!

Peggy...Yes we are livin with my folks. Mom needs help since her series of strokes, and everytime we get ready to sign papers for a new apartment my ex stops payin his support and we have to let it go. I will be set up for doin it on my own very soon though! I have a spot at the community garden this year! I am growin in pallets for a change of pace and we really love it! It is so much easier to weed and control. I will be gettin a bigger spot next year, after I rebuy all my canning equipment and jars. He won't let me have them back. My little ones I babysit want their own spots like my girls have next year! LOL! They love the garden and I guess I will be givin all of my little ones a pallet in the bigger spot!

I am off to chase down some little ones and load them up to go to the store for some squirt guns!

Have a good day all!

Farmgirl Sister #1438

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page