Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2014 :  8:13:02 PM  Show Profile
Part 2:Ok, this morning the MD called in reply to the question,' could Mama have a bladder infection?'... my husbands question, thinking maybe that's why she couldn't hold her water all of a sudden. So I went up to get Mama to go find out. I walk into her place and say 'hello'. I hear her but don't see her. I found her... sitting in the hall closet... on the cold floor... in her nighty... wet, where she had been all night because she couldn't get up. She said she hollered 'help', but who would hear her. So she just slept there. Her bad leg, the one with the cancer in the hip was swelled awful. I called an ambulance and they gave her morphine, and she slept the whole day thru. Mind you, she needed the sleep, she hasn't slept thru a night in weeks. They gave her a catheter in the ER and that dear lady snored. Dave came on after work at 8PM and he couldn't believe how soundly she slept. She won't remember a thing but I think she really needed to be knocked out in order to rest. We told the ER doctor that her oncologist upped her roxicet to 1 every 4 hours and they thru her for a loop and she is so wobbly that she has to hang on to things, plus a cane to walk. This is a lady who, like me only took vitamins and herbs all her life and the strongest drug we took was Benadryl.so, ya, roxicet, morphine.... those will have us zoned out there. But with the pain she's had with this lymphoma, she's had to have the strong stuff. So we were there from noon to 8 PM and they finally got her a bed and admitted her so they could keep an eye on her.
...to be continued....
I'm tired Porch-Buds. G'Nite

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"
"The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it is on my list!"
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2014 :  8:39:22 PM  Show Profile
Judy...I'm so sorry your family is goin through all this. Please, know you're loved and that you're prayed for. We may not know your momma but we all love her too!

I'm always amazed at how much we seem to be conected on this site! It's like we all live in this tiny little world and have been in each others lives for so long that there are ropes, not threads, connectin us all.

I truly love all you ladies and I feel such pain when you're hurtin it's as if you were my very own real life sisters! I thank God every day for this beautiful place!

Farmgirl Sister #1438

God - Gardening - Family - Is anything else important?
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2014 :  10:40:05 PM  Show Profile
Hey Ladies!

I just decided to do something crazy! I mean so far out of my comfort zone it's insane!

I'm signin up to do GISHWHES!!!!

It's an insane scavenger hunt that's worldwide and done through teams on the computer. It's run by Misha Collins. He's a favorite actor of mine and he's a total nut! He loves jokes, pranks, and anything funny. He ran an entire marathon for charity dressed in a 70's style waitress costume!

The things you have to do/photograph/video are silly and funny with several random acts of kindness mixed in. It's gonna be seriously crazy!

It runs the week of my middle girls surgery, but she wants to do it anyhow. She said she wants to help as much as possible before and then see if there's anything she can do while at the hospital! What a trooper!

Anyone on here wanna join our insanity?

I'm gonna register tomorrow as soon as the bank shows my deposit is there! It costs $18.95 to join and all the proceeds go to charity!

Just google it and read the "commandments"! They are a super funny read!

I'm off to get ready for bed and dream of Misha...Uh..I mean GISHWHES! LOL!

Farmgirl Sister #1438

Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2014 :  2:46:16 PM  Show Profile
Hey Ladies!

I did it!

I signed up! It's official! I have my welcome letter and everything! I'm so excited! I'm literally on pins and needles waitin for the start date!

WOOO HOOO!!!!!

I'm off to research the kind of things they've done in years past so I feel a little more prepared!

Farmgirl Sister #1438

Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2014 :  3:41:51 PM  Show Profile
No one in three days! Wow! The porch feels like a ghost town! Where is everyone?

Farmgirl Sister #1438

Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2014 :  4:43:55 PM  Show Profile
Hi Angela - guess we're the only ones on the porch - everybody else must be off on vacation! Just taking a break - "murphy" has been following me all day. Broke a bottle of salad dressing in my refrigerator, so of course it leaked down thru all the shelves and even under the drawers in the bottom. I pulled everything out and washed it down, and was putting it back together - broke the glass shelf that goes in the bottom. Luckily I only got one small cut on my foot - of course I was barefoot ("murphy" again). Oh well - called Sears and got a replacement glass on order.

Other than that - nothing much else new going on here. Tomatoes started growing really well, but now they're just sitting there - not dying and lots of little green tomatoes, but they're not getting any bigger - darn. Peppers are doing well so far, though, so put up several baggies full in the freezer already.

Left you some brownies and meadow tea on the porch - enjoy!

Luanne

beekeepersgirl #691

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.

My blog: finallyafarmgirl.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2014 :  4:58:30 PM  Show Profile
Luanne...I love brownies!!! Yum!! Don't worry, murphy will be at my house tomorrow. I have a day full of appointments and lots of phone calls to make plus babysittin. So, you know he will be very busy chasin me! LOL! Glad you weren't hurt! We haven't gotten any peppers to speak of. Lots of cabbage and greens though. The weather is strangly cool in my area. Hopin it heats up soon!

I'm gonna go try to check my garden in the mud! We have definitely been gettin the rain here!

Farmgirl Sister #1438

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2014 :  11:59:00 PM  Show Profile
Hello My Porchies...Sorry, Angela and Luanne that you have been talking to yourselves.
IT is just SUMMER TIME...and everyone is busy. Which is a good thing. I have been spending
lots of time with my grandson, son and dil, and helping DH and trying to stay cool. The
heat really tires me out. Especially when it comes with humidity. I don't know how you Southern
girls do it!!!

We try to hang out where it is coolest. My hubby is working in the heat with no air-conditioning
in his car. I have helped him a little bit just to help him get done faster.

I am trying to learn how to make crocheted flowers for a kitchen curtain...I want to make. I went
and got the yarn today and watched a tutorial tonight. I am so bad at reading crocheting directions.
But I will take it to crafting group this week and if someone can just show me...I will have it down
and will fly right through the project.

Went and got my mamagram last week and got the results this week...all is well. Which is always good
to hear since my mom has had breast cancer twice.

I feel like the summer is flying by...especially when you go in the stores and all the back to school
and fall stuff is out. I am so enjoying summer I am NOT ready to think about fall yet.

My tomatoes just need to start ripening. They are good size. My green beans haven't come on and neither
has my zucchini or yellow summer squash. I think maybe we don't have enough bees around here. I'm just
not sure...what the problem is this year.

Keeping my 4th of July Stuff up until the end of the month. Then will do a bird house, bird cage, and bird theme for
the rest of the summer. I got the coolest Wall Birdhouse at Kohl's on sale over the weekend. It is more of a
birdcage card holder...very cute. Was 39.00 and got it on sale for 12.00.

I sat out on my porch for awhile today with my Gladys Tabor book. It was just one of those slow enjoyable reads. I'm
taking my time and savoring her life style and stories.

Bunny...hope you are surviving the 100 degree days. Stay in your basement and you will probably be OK. Just
about time for your Magazine Article to come out isn't it?

Judy...Hope your mama is not in a lot of pain. Praying for all of you guys.

Angela...when does your scavenger hunt start? It sounds insanely fun...Keep us posted.

Teacher Tammy...how are you doing? What is going on with you.

Cherime...did you make it back home or are you still down in my neck of the woods?

Well, girls I guess it's time to call it a night and go read or awhile.

Keep cool, play hard, and be happy while you are enjoying Summer Fun!

Love and Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

Life is too short to knit with ugly yarn!

Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch

Edited by - LadyInRed on Jul 15 2014 10:24:27 AM
Go to Top of Page

Kirksmom71
True Blue Farmgirl

873 Posts

Mel
Dallas Texas
USA
873 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2014 :  09:16:45 AM  Show Profile
Greetings All!! Sure has been mighty quiet on here. I gawk a lot but too lazy to type most of the time!!! :)

It's 100 plus daily now...but it did rain for about 10 minutes yesterday! They are trying to paint the apartment complex (my building this week) but the rain did not help and why the devil they chose the hottest days of the year to do so is beyond me!! What was their owner thinking? I feel bad for the workers....it just seems a bit unreasonable but I would imagine that is when they were available.

Did you know that yesterday was National Tape Measure Day? Not kidding! So I had to celebrate by using my tape measure! Ha! Ha!

Peggy...nice that you were helping out the hubby in the heat! Not fun to have to spend any length of time in an un-air-conditioned car! I remember Texas, 1970, black Chevy Impala with black vinyl interior, 105 in the shade!! Ohhhhh Myyyyy GOD!!

Luanne....so sorry to hear about the cut foot.... hope you heal soon!

Angela......sounds like you are on your way to fun times!

My best to all,
Mel
https://www.etsy.com/shop/KirksmomsKottage
http://www.pinterest.com/kirksmom71/
Sassy City Girl with Farmgirl Fantasies!
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2014 :  10:17:29 AM  Show Profile
Ok, here's the latest on Mama. They are starting radiation today and think that the 6"tumor will shrink fast, relieving her of that pain.Tumor pressing on nerve.umm... oh ya... then they will start P.T. to try and get her 'back up to snuff.' She has very sluggish motor skills. But they ruled out a stroke. I'm glad of that. Patsy & Jim are back from their camping trip, so that helps me a lot. I don't have to go up and feed the kitty-cat twice a day. It's just those little things that can make a world of difference to your schedule, ya know?
So that's the latest on that.
We have a 'Seamless Spouting' company here doing our whole house. We've lived here since 1990 and have slowly been getting things done to bring the, almost 100yr old house, up to code. These things take time and money. Boy do they. lol At least my sis and b.i.l. are here to watch them if we have to leave before they are done.
So that's it for now, will let you know how therapy sessions go for her... and radiation too. She is back to being sassy and she's a W.VA. Tough, farmgirl and that's what I think keeps her going.
Love ya farm-buds!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!

Edited by - herblady55 on Jul 15 2014 7:17:25 PM
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2014 :  10:37:04 AM  Show Profile
Mel...I can't imagine a black car, black interior and no air-conditioner in 105 degree heat.
That sounds like torture for sure. Our car is dark green with beige interior...but the
drivers side window doesn't go down either...so you can't get good cross ventilation...but
lets get real...when it's almost 100 degrees outside...hot air blowing in your face is no
picnic either. LOL

Nice to know it was National Tape Measure Day yesterday. Didn't know we paid homage to those
things but had I known I might have pulled mine out just to salute it.
How does one find out that it was National Measuring Tape Day??????

Luanne...I forgot to mention your foot...hope it heals up quickly. Praying for you!

Judy...Oh my goodness, you are so tired your words are coming out garbled. I don't think you
guys can take much more of the Insanity. I'm glad to hear that your Sissie and husband are
there. At least they can be a little bit of stress re-lief for you. And I'm glad that Mama
has been getting feisty again...that is a good sign. Keep us posted girl. Praying, Praying Praying!

I got up at 9:00 and was out for our walk by 9:15 and it was already hot. I made sure that we walked on
the shady part of the street...that at least kept my black haired Scotty from keeling over in the heat.
DH went back to bed and dog is fast asleep. Maybe I should take a cat-nap while they are. Knowing
hubs when he wakes up he will be raring to go do something.

OK girlies...try and keep cool and drink lots of water!!

Love and Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2014 :  12:16:16 PM  Show Profile
Hello ladies,
How are you all? Life has been keeping me busy. My dear hubby is still recovering from his accident. He was back in for a scan today to see how he is healing. We hope for good results. My mom who had foot surgery is having some trouble so we are going back to the dr later this week to see what is up with her foot. It does not seem to be getting the healing results it should.

I was in Target yesterday and decided they want teachers to know summer is over. They have school supplies out. Oh my so not ready for that. I am working on some things for my class. But so not ready to even think I must go back.

I am working on crocheting dish clothes in my spare minutes or reading a book. I am currently reading Teapot in Tempest. It is a mystery. Haven't made it to bible study lately. Looks like it might be fall before I do. Too much with summer.

I have not forgotten your tea ladies. I am just a bit behind. But I am working on them. I go to Washington DC to chaperone my son's trip next week. I am hoping to have them in mail before I leave but if not, pronto upon my return.

Judy I am praying for your sweet mama.

Peggy it is a cool 74 here today. I am taking it while I can. The weather in June was awful here so we all feel a bit of sigh of relief.

well my porchies, I am off to see how the basement cleaning is coming. My dear sons think they live in a pit. Mama has threatened to throw it all out, if they don't clean. OH boys love them, but at times I really don't get how they think.

love to you all
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Today Is The Day
http://todayanewday.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2014 :  5:09:29 PM  Show Profile
Hey Ladies!

Peggy...Glad everything came back good on your mammy! I hate those things! I don't think we are ever gonna get a summer here! We hit 80 like 2 days. We are still droppin into the 60's at night. Today I have to have socks, shoes, and a jacket on to sit on the porch! I'm in jeans and a long sleeved shirt and cold! Our tomatoes and peppers aren't doin worth a hoot with this silly cold!

Mel...I'm usually a pretty big gawker myself. I just don't feel like I have much to say. Lately I've been pretty chatty though! LOL!

Judy...Glad your momma's gettin that spunk back! I pray she returns to health!

Tammy...My girls always groan when they see the back to school stuff too! Not for the same reasons though. They are homeschooled and we do school year round. They know I'm gonna be draggin them all over the place huntin deals for the next month! LOL! Hope your mom's foot gets better. I hate feet problems!

I found a lady on twitter that was solo for GISHWHES and wantin someone on her team, so I'm now Team LilMinions! Yea! She lives in philadelphia! This is gonna be so much fun! I can't wait to see who joins us. I found out that famous people join this too and are split up amongst the different teams! We could have an actor or sports person or even a singer on our team!

I have been so busy tryin to research this and gettin ready for middle DD surgery that I forgot to go by the garden this whole last week. I haven't been there this week either. Me and the girls are goin fully armed with shovels and hoes tomorrow! We might need a machete to chop our way through the weed jungle! LOL!

I'm off to gather everything we might need for tomorrow!

Farmgirl Sister #1438

Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2014 :  4:55:27 PM  Show Profile
Peggy- I love your finished afghan! I remember when you first got that yarn and just knew it would turn out beautiful. Good news on your mammy!
Judy- So glad Momma is feeling a little more spunk! It must get so tiring for her. Glad Patsy and hubby are there to relieve you a little.
Ow, Luanne, Sorry to hear about your cut foot!
Tammy, I love that jute rug! Did your fingers get sore from crocheting with jute?
TLT- Still praying for your DH and mom.
I didn't know there was a tape measure day either. However, I have used mine several times in the last few days. Measuring circles to cut pie crust for muffin tin peach pies. A neighbor shared peaches with us. So, I made a bunch of tiny pies to share. My first peach pie, and they did turn out yummy.

Haven't been doing much lately. DS is still improving. Still in pain with headaches but healing. DH is recovering beautifully from back surgery. His sciatic nerve was crushed pretty badly by the lumbar injury, so that will take longer to heal. He is walking about 6 to 8 miles a day.

Just before his surgery I had an emergency trip to the hospital. Acute pancreatitis and acute gal bladder attack. I had quickly lost 30 lbs. (I wouldn't recommend that diet). Anyway, they found a couple of stomach ulcers and will stretch opening at bottom of stomach (piloric). So, I will eventually have gal bladder out after the ulcers heal. Fun. But, not the end of the world. Just tired and nausea and back pain most of the time. What a whaa baby.

Talk at you all later.

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon

Edited by - forgetmenot on Jul 18 2014 2:11:17 PM
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2014 :  7:20:24 PM  Show Profile
Angela - I hope you have fun with the scavenger hunt. Sounds exciting.

Peggy - Which Gladys Tabor book are you reading? I've read several of hers and love her writing. My tomatoes have fruit but the plants seem to be stunted in size. I've never seen tomato plants so short. I think it's the insane weather we're having here. I noticed after we got back this weekend I have some bloom end rot starting so I picked up some lime tonight and I'll give it some tomorrow.

Judith - Peach pies - yummy! I wanted to buy some peaches at a stand but with the trip I knew I didn't have time to can them. I'll have to check this weekend to see if he's there again and if he still has peaches. I feel for you with the gall bladder and pancreatitis. A friend of mine had to have his removed he was having such bad attacks and he still has occasional phantom gallbladder attacks.

We're back from our lake trip to MN. I enjoyed myself as did the pups. I seriously wonder about people's sense of hospitality any more. He'd told M* that there wasn't room for us in the cabin so we went out and bought a tent and camping equipment. Then when we got there he informed us we didn't need the tent after all and we could stay in the cabin. We wasted a couple hundred dollars on equipment we didn't need. Needless to say I wasn't amused. The guy's girlfriend apparently didn't feel she needed to feed us or put much effort into it when she did. She insisted we all had to go out for karaoke Friday night and after getting to the bar found out they'd changed it to Saturday so she left me sitting at the bar by myself and took off with her girlfriend. Friday she spent the entire day nursing a hangover from spending the previous night drinking with her friends and spent the day playing games on her tablet so I took my cross stitch and went out to the picnic table and watched the dogs chase chipmunks and enjoyed the view.

Despite the hospitality issue I enjoyed being at the lake. M* rowed me out and I caught 2 large mouth bass, my first fish this year!!! The dogs loved hanging by the water. The lake was so nice and peaceful. I made a decision that despite the people we were with I was going to make sure I enjoyed myself and I did a good job of it. I read sitting by the lake watching loons float by. His buddy informed us they're getting married next summer there at the cabin and he wants us to come for an entire week. I'm not thinking so unless M* gets me a camper by then and I have my own space and control of food to a degree. I wish we could have stopped and checked out all the thrift stores and thrift markets along the way. On the way back we did stop and get a picture with Paul Bunyan.

I finished the rectangular jute rug I was working on. I had noticed some fuschia jute woven into the strand towards the end but if I'd cut it out I wouldn't have had enough to finish and I didn't think it would be that noticeable - it's noticeable. I think I'm going to have to dye the hole rug.

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://ndprairiegypsy.blogspot.com/
Etsy: PrairieGpysyCrafts
Jamestown, ND
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2014 :  8:32:01 PM  Show Profile

Hello My Porchies...WOW, it is so good to have so many checking in on The Porch. Glad
you have all been busy doing things and enjoying Summer Time Activities!

Teacher Tammy...I know School Supplies are out Everywhere. I have already bought myself some.
I still love buying school supplies even at my age. LOl Somethings you just never out grow.

Don't stress over the Tea...we know you'll send it when you can. And we will all enjoy it!

Good luck getting those Teenage Boys to keep their rooms clean. All of mine were terrible at
it and I had 3. I use to wait until they wanted to go somewhere like a Movie or Date or what
ever and then I'd say, "Sure, just get your room cleaned and you can go!" As adults they are
much better. Praise God! Their wives would shoot me. LOL

Angela...I'm not a fan of Mammys either but always glad when it's over with for the year.
Wow, your weather sounds cool for this time of year. We dropped down into the 80's the last
two days and it was nicer. We are suppose to have rain by the weekend. Bummer!!! I can live
without that.

Judith...your little Peach Turnovers sound so good! I love Peach Pie...yummy!!! The peaches
this year seem extra sweet and juicy. I have been enjoying them plain. My little grandson
loves them too.

Quite the Contrary girl...you have been doing a lot with all the illness and surgeries. Good
Grief that would drive me straight to the looney bin. You All need to take good care of your-
selves. Lots of extra TLC for everyone!!! You probably didn't have 30 lbs to spare girl...
and your diet plan leaves a lot to be desired. LOL! That is loosing weight the risky way.
It sounds like you still have a lot of Not So Much Fun ahead of you. Just relax and leave the
worrying to God. He can handle it!! You don't need any more stomach ulcers. Love and prayers
for the Whole Family still coming your way!

Prairie Tammy ...Sounds like you made the best of an uncomfortable situation. Nothing smarter
than to decide YOU WERE GOING TO HAVE A GOOD TIME...despite the lack of common courtesies.

Hey, we have a big Paul Bunyan (standing up tall) over in Portland. Those are cool pit stops
for a good photo-Op. You and the dogs look so small though...we can hardly see you. LOL

I think your jute rug turned out so cool!!! Great Job!!! I wouldn't worry about that little
piece of pink in there. It gives it class. Just pretend it was all on purpose...like your
signature mark! (+:

Right now I am reading the STILLMEADOW SAMPLER and then I also bought THE STILLMEADOW ROAD.
I love how she writes too. She just takes everyday living in the Country and makes it sound
so down home comforting. She paints great word pictures doesn't she? Which ones have you
read?

It's funny that you commented on your short tomato plants. Mine I have to keep topping or they
would be 12 feet tall by now. I just picked my first green beans yesterday. No ripe tomatoes
yet and my zucchini are a total bust I think. But I sure love growing things...even if I have to
do it in pots.

Well, had my grandson this morning...while mommy went to the Dr. Then I went out with my hubby
and helped him do some Serves and Postings. Had a lovely country drive. Found a cool old stool out
in a field of a for-closure...so I brought it home. Took some pictures of some pretty light blue
hydrangeas out in the same field. Left my phone at home so had to take the pictures with my hubby's
phone...so I will post them when I get them transferred. Going to take my Gladys Tabor Book out on
the Porch and read a little more. It is a lovely night!

More later girlies.

Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2014 :  07:49:58 AM  Show Profile
Whoops! Sorry,Porchies. Thanks to my guardian angel, I now know I have commented on the Postcard Swap on this site. (Darn fibrofog!)

Edited by - forgetmenot on Jul 18 2014 2:08:36 PM
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2014 :  7:09:47 PM  Show Profile
Hello ladies! I can't believe I managed to get on 2 nights in a row lol. Weather today started out in the low 60's and got over 80. We had a thunderstorm go through that triggered the emergency alerts.

I bought some lime last night and added some today to my tomatoes so hopefully that will remedy the rot situation. I have chives planted in a little metal watering can by our steps. Somebody came over and chopped them off, down to the dirt practically, and took them! I can't believe it here. I was amazed they didn't take my mint too. I'll have to harvest it tomorrow and use it or dry it for tea so they don't decide to take that too.

Judith: I think it was you that asked if the jute hurts my hands. Not really. It's not as abrasive as I thought it would be. It is large though compared to yarn, think macrame cord for size. It also doesn't stretch so you have to make sure you have a bit extra when you loop it so it's not too tight to pull through.

Peggy: I have Harvest of Yesterday, Conversations with Amber and My Own Cape Cod. I thought I had another one with Stillmeadow in the title but apparently not. I didn't know what type of pics M* took until I got home and downloaded them. I did find some I forgot I took with my tablet so I'll have to post from my tablet to share.

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
Jamestown, ND
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2014 :  9:23:22 PM  Show Profile
Hi gals. Just a quick note. Mama was moved to a nursing home today, the one my daddy stayed in when he was alive. She will be having P.T. for a couple of weeks to try to get her mobile again. Prayers please. Patsy and I brought some of her things to make her room seem homey and when she got there she was surprised.
I'm tired. Long day for everyone.
Night Porches.

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2014 :  11:34:28 PM  Show Profile

Here is a picture of My Toad-Stool! LOL

And here are the beautiful Hydrangeas that were in the same field as the stool.

Prairie Tammy...I never heard of those titles by Gladys Tabor before. I will have to
check them out when I get done with these two Stillmeadow books.

I can NOT believe some one came and helped themselves to your chives. What nerve!!!
Hope the lime works for your tomato plants. And yes I would harvest that mint right
away. LOL

Judy...Oh, gosh is mama upset having to be in the Nursing Home? Glad you took some
personal items there to help her feel more comfortable. I hope this is only going
to be a temporary stay for her. Have you guys thought of long term Hospice for her
when she does go home? My sister had them for four years and they were such a huge
source of help for her. My brother had short term Hospice...and we all thought they
were so great!

Well, went out with hubby again tonight to do his postings. Didn't take any pictures
but had a beautiful country drive for about an hour.

Suppose to rain tomorrow and Sunday. Hubby is glad for the cool down but not me.

More tomorrow girlies.

Hugs and blessings,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

2991 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
2991 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2014 :  1:38:54 PM  Show Profile
I only have a second - I have to hurry up and get my relish in the canner before milking. I just wanted to let everyone know I'm praying for all of you. I'll try and get on here again in the next couple days and update you all on my fabulous farm life :)

Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701
http://nndairy.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2014 :  6:21:22 PM  Show Profile
Just jumped on really quick to share that I finished my rag rug! I'm so happy.

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
Jamestown, ND
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2014 :  6:23:15 PM  Show Profile
whoops, submitted to fast.

Peggy - that toad stool is adorable!

Judy - how's mama doing?

Well can't stay on, we're having wicked bad thunderstorms right now. Chat later!

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
Jamestown, ND
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2014 :  6:41:05 PM  Show Profile
Prairie Tammy...Great braided rug. Love It!! So colorful!

Heather...home made relish sounds yummy. What kind do you make?

Just hopped on her a minute myself. I am suppose to be booking reservations for the Beach next
month...but had to see what my Porchies were doing. Not much, it appears or else everyone
is as busy as Tammy and Heather. LOL

More Later,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2014 :  8:28:07 PM  Show Profile
Hey ladies
Just wanted to pop in quickly. Tomorrow my sons and I are heading to Washington D c I will be putting your tea in mail upon my return. I have the tea ready but mot the cards. I will miss y'all while I am away.

Judy will pray for your sweet mama.
Peggylove the toad stool.
Prairie Tammy love the rugs.

Well I must go morning will come soon.
Love to you all
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Today Is The Day
http://todayanewday.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page