Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2014 :  1:22:37 PM  Show Profile
WoWsie Porchies....No Posts in 6 days from anybody!!! That is flat out unheard of on here.

Well, I had a good excuse for 3 of the six days...I was in Seattle for Madeline's 6th B-day.
Got home late last night and was too tired to do anything but read all my emails, MJF Posts,
and FaceBook posts. I didn't take my computer so barely keep up with my phone and tablet.

We had a great Family Gathering time and just really enjoyed some fun time in Seattle before
we headed back home. Went down to Pikes Market (always a zoo in the summer months) and then
to Fran's Chocolates (bought a 9 piece box of delicious) and then we went to Tully's Coffee for
an Iced Coffee. Left Seattle stopped in Tacoma to eat at the last Iver's Fish House (in the area)
and then headed home. We were all exhausted but in a good way. Elijah started really walking on
Friday before we left and continued working on his skills while we were gone. NOW The FUN begins
with him because he is on a "Search and Destroy Mission"...since he can move faster now. LOL
Heaven help us!!!

Had some major fun with my girls. Oh gosh they are getting so big. I just want them to stay little but
it just isn't happening. I know Shane and Sadie will give us at least one more grand-child before all
is said and done...but then all the little ones will be a done deal for us. So I want to enjoy every
moment with them.

My Dr. was right on with what his recommendations for my Cat Allergies. I had no trouble at all this time.
Made for a much nicer visit without my nose leaking like a faucet. LOL

Got a chance to talk to my little ones about Jesus while I was there..which was really wonderful. Naomi the
three year old had lots of questions. She was so cute.

Madeline has hit that "Big Sister" stage where she shows you that she is going way out of her way to be tolerant
of Naomi's stupidity. LOL Toooooo Funny!

Well, I need to go kick my DH out of bed. I slept until noon as I was so tired from a full weekend but I don't
know what his excuse is...since he stayed home with the dog. Probably because he had to do for himself all weekend. Poor Man! LOL

Pictures later girls!

Love and Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

Life is too short to knit with ugly yarn!

Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch

Edited by - LadyInRed on Jul 28 2014 1:25:57 PM
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2014 :  8:43:18 PM  Show Profile
Hi Peg, So happy for you that you got some super-duper Hug&Squeezle time in with those little munchkins. They do grow up so fast.
Yes, I am amazed that nobody has been on here myself. I guess summer has been waaaaaaay busy for everyone.
I am discouraged with Mama's progress in the rehab center. She walks with the help of a walker. She only has 2 treatments left then can start recuperating I hope. She is so tired, poor lady. But that's not the sad part. She sometimes doesn't even remember that I was in to see her the morning of the same day that Patsy goes in, at suppertime. She had the curtains pulled around her bed the other evening when Patsy went in and said that she was waiting for the storm to pass. (we had thunderstorms that day.) She is doing some really strange things. She is not herself. She yells at us a lot, then tells us in the next breath that she appreciates us...then yells again. I still think she's had a mini stroke, even though the tests say otherwise. We have been going in every other day just to get a break from her yelling. Sad! I have to pay her rent soon, but I told Patsy, as of now, there's no way she can come home and be alone. Lots of Prayers needed!
We have been having really cool, rainy weather again this week and last. Lots of 70's & 50's at night. It seems so strange. Feels like fall. Our patio tomatoes are really green and full but I fear the tomatoes will never get big enough to eat. No sun, No food! *sigh*
Well, Buds, I'm ready for bed. Good-nite!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"
"The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it is on my list!"
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2014 :  9:10:12 PM  Show Profile
Oh Judy, I wish things were better with your Mama. She is doing exactly what my sister did with the yelling thing.
I fear your mama just has a matter of time left on this Earth. Do you suppose that people often get cranky and
irritable...so family members don't struggle as much with seeing their loved ones go Home? I often wondered
about that. My brother in law said he would do it all over again...if he still had Debby. Of course he went to
join her 6 months ago...but I found his statement interesting because she use to get so mad at him. And oh, my
goodness I thought the man was a Saint the way he cared for her.

Just know you are all lifted up and I am praying for Rest and Comfort for your weary and saddened hearts.

Love and Big Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2014 :  1:37:46 PM  Show Profile
wow I was gone a week and very few posts...that would be a first for us in a very long while. I just got back from Washington DC It was a wonderful week. Saw lots of history and learned much. Now it is back into the flow.

I am really getting into getting organized for school. That is hard to believe. Summer sure has flown by. Hubby is still recovering from his accident but each day is better. Our county fair is next week so will be busy with that as well.

I am sending out tea tomorrow. They are ready to go. Finished them up today. Sorry it took so long.

well time to get back to catching up from being gone.
love to you all
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Today Is The Day
http://todayanewday.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2014 :  5:25:06 PM  Show Profile
TLTammy, I received your tea package today! A good hearty tea, and I loved the poem! What a wonderful sentiment for us Farm Sisters. Thank you!

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2014 :  9:09:20 PM  Show Profile

Madeline 6th Birthday at Green Lake in Seattle. She had her swimsuit on under her Sundress.

Elijah discovering that Girl Cousins only have...Girl Toys! LOL

Another Happy Boy Picture!

Miss Naomi...getting her belated Birthday gift from Aunt Sadie

Well, There you go some pictures as promised.

Not much going on here. Yesterday I had one of those Migraines that make you really nauseated and
ended up in a dark bedroom all day. Feel fine today though!

Haven't done much the last few days but read. I am just about finished with a Book called Delicious...
It is really good and I highly recommend it.

It is so hot here that we don't seem to do much more than venture to Barnes & Noble and then back home
into our cool Apartment...and nap because we are worn out from the heat.

I did manage to go grocery shopping today...that is always a shock to the pocket book. Every time I go
to the store the bill gets higher and higher. Pretty soon we will have to quit driving and eating.

I also put alway all the Patriotic Decor and replaced it with bird cages, birds, nests etc and that will
stay up until I haul out the Fall Stuff. I love to decorate...but hate packing it back up.

Tammy...my mail box has been empty most days...so I am really looking forward to your Tea Pkg.

OK girlies, Off to read.

Love and Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

Missus Miranda
True Blue Farmgirl

285 Posts

Miranda
Thrall TX
USA
285 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2014 :  07:27:06 AM  Show Profile
*peeks head in, looks around, giggles and runs back out*

"I'm not trying to be mean or cantankerous. I just wish people would do the right thing, and use a little common sense." ~ Farmgirl 3535
Thrall, TX

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2014 :  08:28:47 AM  Show Profile
Hi all. I've been under the weather for a few days. I can't stop coughing. It's one of those gagging, deep burning coughs. Ouch... every time. Haven't been able to go see Mama since Wednesday. So I feel guilty too. Ugh! Patsy n Jim have it too. So we are all feeling guilty. *sigh*
Peg, those kids are getting so big. I remember when Madeline was a baby. Wow... wasn't that just last year??? Haha Great pics!
Sorry it's been so uncomfortably Hoy there. It's just now warming up here. We've had 70s for so long that Mama kept telling us that it's fall. Maybe she knows something I don't. It's very fall-ish.
Tammy, waiting for my tea... with feverish tongue hanging out... really.... feverish. Drinking hot lemon water right now, trying to stop this cough. Nothing is working.
Later gators! Cough-cough.... sputter...

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2014 :  11:32:52 AM  Show Profile
Missus Miranda...how long has it been and you are just peeping IN????????? Come on you must
have something interesting to share!!

Judy...dear girl, I feel so sorry for you! I was having a bad allergy attack that I thought was a
cold yesterday. Feel fine today! Soooooooooooo I feel really bad for you guys. If I lived closer
I would bring you a big POT of homemade Chicken Noodle Soup and a big jug of OJ. Get well!!!!
Mama needs you and so do we. (+: I know the girls are really growing huh??? Madeline just seemed
so grown up when I was there. Shockingly so! Gotta love on em while they still want to be held, hugged,
smooched on and tickled...because before I know it they will be graduating High School. LOL

Kids just called and want me to go to The Farmers Market with them. So, I better go get ready.

More Later Sweet Ladies,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Aug 02 2014 11:34:34 AM
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2014 :  12:42:05 PM  Show Profile
Tammy, I got your tea today.. Thank you! Just in time for my lunch break.

Judy, big hugs for you! I'm wondering if all this stress is getting to your poor body. Hope you feel better soon.

Peggy, sorry about the terrible migraine. I have been so lucky. I seem to have gotten over those.

Not much going on around here. Just tons of homework. This week made me want to cry. My most difficult class is a web design class. I'm so over my head. But somehow I got the work done.
I'm having some issues with another teacher. The last two assignments she decided I did them wrong so gave me no credit at all. The instructions were not that clear. This last time, I was suppose to list three things I learned this week about human relations and professionalism at work. I was honest. I didn't learn anything new. I have taken so many classes that cover this subject. I did not learn anything NEW. So she wouldn't give me credit. So I wrote her a very professional email stating why I had not learned anything new and that what I thought about her not even giving partial credits for my efforts. Apparently she is known for having attitude with her students. I'm just so done with school. I only have 4 more weeks. But I really need to pass her class. I'm hoping by standing up to her and giving her a good reason for why did made the statement I did, she will back down.

I haven't had much time for sewing. But last Sunday, I did work on a quilt for my youngest son. His room at the Marine base he now lives in is so barren. So I figured at least a quilt would make him feel better.

I see I am the tea swap for September. Thankfully school will be over.

Later everyone. Get well!! Have a great weekend.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
Handmade stuff http://www.curiousorangecat.etsy.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2014 :  3:56:45 PM  Show Profile
Me again, The doctor called me today to say that Mama is dehydrated, and asked if an IV was ok with me for 24hours to try and get her perked up. He said she was very dried out. I was surprised since she is drinking water all the time. Of course I haven't seen her since weds.(darn this cold) Then a couple of hours later they tell me that they couldn't do an IV because her veins keep collapsing. So they will keep waking her to shove water and ensure down her. I broke down and cried. I have never felt so helpless in my life than I do right now. Doc told me to stay away with this cold, which I already knew that. But she needs family around her. She probably feels neglected, since her mind isn't working well right now and she probably can't remember that Patsy told her on the phone the other day that we are all sick. Can I have some more stress, PLEASE!
Tammy, I got your tea today. Did you wrote that poem yourself? Very nice! I will try your tea after I get done with my medicinal teas... hopefully soon.

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2014 :  5:26:54 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Back from my sabbatical! LOL!

Judy
I'm sorry you are sick and hope you feel better soon. They closed a local nursing home for 3 weeks because of the same thing. Poor Mama. Dehydration is common with cancer patients and the elderly. It also causes confusion. If they can try using a butterfly instead of a regular IV cath it might work. This is so sad but just pray for God to be merciful to her. You are all in my prayers.

TLT
Received my tea and lovely poem. Thank you. Did you enjoy DC?

PGT
Lovely rug and very nice colors.

Judith
How are you? Your son and husband?

Peggy
Beautiful Grandchildren. Time sure flys! My oldest just turned 12! Can't believe it! I like to decorate too. I leave my patriotic things up until I decorate for fall.

I haven't canned for several years and decided to this year. I couldn't have done it without my husbands help. We did 7 qts and 27 pints of pickles yesterday. Then I could hardly stand, sit and walk. Muscle relaxers required twice! My tomatoes are all starting to ripen so we will do salsa, pizza sauce and I'm going to freeze the rest and use them for stew, chili and cook them down for spaghetti sauce. I'll freeze yellow and green beans too. My zucchini, squashes and peppers didn't do well this year. Been taking a friend for all her medical appts. Diagnosed with breast cancer. My one hospice patient died and my other one remains a treasure.

Blessings and prayers to all,
Darlene

Be Blessed and Be a Blessing,
Darlene
Sister 1922

God first, everything else after!

When Satan's knocking at your door, just say "Jesus will you get that for me?"

When it gets to hard to stand, Kneel!

Go to Top of Page

Missus Miranda
True Blue Farmgirl

285 Posts

Miranda
Thrall TX
USA
285 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2014 :  08:31:15 AM  Show Profile
haha my apologies for just popping in.... was a busy work day :( I let my membership lapse... been kind of rough financially. Driving 60 miles a day for a job that gives you the bare minimum raise for 8 years of service is costing us... but I can't quit because we still have bills to pay and DH isn't getting enough hours to make up :( Trying to find something closer to home, and even applied for a promotion to the branch near our house, but it got snagged at the last minute by a friend.

Supposed to get my first roosters, tomorrow. I believe they are New Hampshire red, but not certain. I have named them Meshak and Shadrak (sp? *whips out bible*).

Things have been pretty good. I started going to church in town back in January. It's a WONDERFUL place - oddly, it's a biker church. Everyone is just awesome, and I love it. Got baptized in June, and my mother even said she'd like to come back to visit the church again when she can.

We got a roommate Memorial day weekend. He is a fellow Marine like DH and my brother, served in combat, was injured and has issues with PTSD, but he's a very good man. Pays us on time, helps around the house, the animals LOVE him (one of our puppies... OH YEAH, Tessa had puppies in January) attaches himself to Jay's hip, and DH's cat curls up on him whenever he's home.

I started school online in April to become a motorcycle mechanic (sounds odd, but where I live, there are enough ATVs and motorcycles around, I have plenty of study tools, and I could make a decent living at it. I am halfway through the course and have a 94% average. Plus.... it will get me out of my banking job, hopefully. That is what is really giving me the most problems, right now.

I hope you're all doing well and Judy... keep your chin up!! I know it gets very tough when you can't get to a family member in need. Momma had that happen a few times when Grandma was in the nursing home. Even when she couldn't remember who we were, she missed us. Praying you will get better soon so you can go see her!!

"I'm not trying to be mean or cantankerous. I just wish people would do the right thing, and use a little common sense." ~ Farmgirl 3535
Thrall, TX

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2014 :  11:28:34 AM  Show Profile

Take time to Smell The Flowers!

The kids and I went to The Farmers Market here in Vancouver yesterday. The kids bought me this
adorable Owl Vase at Fred Meyer the day before and I found this beautiful $7.00 bouquet at the
Market. ~ We also had lunch there and bought some produce and then went and had iced Latte's
at Starbucks afterwards. It was a fun day.

Missus Miranda...See, I knew you would have some interesting things to share...It has been so long since you
were on. Well, I have to admit that going from Banking to working on Motorcycles is quite a jump...but I
bet you will be so much happier doing something you enjoy! So, you go girl!
Congratulations on your Baptism and finding a Church that you really like. That is so important.
Glad that your room-mate is working out. He sounds like a really nice guy. Hey, if the pets like him...
you know he can't be bad...they usually are a great judge of Character.

Darlene...gosh girl you must be canning up a storm, it's been awhile for you to make a "Howdy Stop" on
The Porch too. Glad that you Hubs is helping with the canning...that is always nice. ~ Sorry to hear that
you one Lady died...but I guess that is what it is all about when you are a Hospice Nurse Volunteer.

Judy...hope you and Patsy and everyone are feeling a bit better. I have been having allergy problems but hey
that is Nothing compared to a Summer Cold. I think they are the worst.

Bunny...So good to hear from you too. I will be really Happy for you when you Schooling is over too...but I
have to give you Kudos girl for starting over and re-inventing yourself and furthering your education...that
is so very commendable! You should really be Proud of Your Accomplishments. ~ Did you hear if you got the
Job on Campus or what??? ~ Sorry, you have teachers that are difficult. I pray that the one teacher gives you
credit for your testing once she hears why you answered as you did. She probably took offense that you said
you learned Nothing New...like it was a poor reflection of her teaching skills. ~ That is so Sweet that you
are making a Quilt for your son. He will treasure that. My boys each have quilts that their Grandmother made
them and they just love and treasure them.

Hubby is in Spokane...trying to help his son prepare for his Trial in December. I am using the time to catch
up on some Crafting and some Swaps I need to get done. I spent half the night in my recliner and woke up with
my entire body numb from not moving for hours. Drug myself to bed and slept like a log but still got up
early enough to walk the dog before it got too Hot.
Spokane had a terrible Wind Storm two days ago...which knocked down many many trees and a fourth of the City was
without electricity for most of one day and four new Forest Fires were started from lightening.
I tried calling my mom to make sure she was OK but couldn't get through to her. My Aunt called me later last
night and said she (mom) was fine and to call her back today.
My DH will probably come back tomorrow...but I am enjoying the alone time. I rarely get that.
The first night I spent at my kids. Took the dog with me and he played with his brother. We BBQ'd, drank wine and
watched some movies together...that was a lot of FUN.
Elijah is walking all over the place now. He has started throwing temper tantrums if he doesn't get his way...and
even though I try to never give my kids parenting advice...I had to speak up. I told them if they don't get a
handle on the tantrum throwing that he will just get worse. So, while I was there...every time he started pitching
a fit, I picked him up and put him in his packnplay (where he was confined and couldn't hurt himself) and made
him take a Time-Out. When he gets mad, he arches his back, goes stiff and throws himself backwards...hitting his
head on what-ever. Non-of my boys did that and Sadie said she didn't either when she was small (according to her mom)...
so, I guess he gets that from me because my mom said I use to throw tantrums...but I would hold my breath until I
turned blue in the face...and nearly passed out. Geesh, even in our Grandchildren...our bad habits come back to
haunt us. LOL

More Later My Lovelies,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2014 :  5:10:53 PM  Show Profile
Well girls, Mama had enough doctors, enough chemo, enough radiation.....and she went to be with her Father in Heaven at 1:10 this morning. She will be missed by all who knew her. Even the nurses who only knew her a short time fell in love with her sweet laughing spirit. I am lost! She was everything to me. Poor Patsy was there with her at the end and I guess Mama thrashed around and scared her pretty bad. She was holding her stomach I guess. I truly think that she had more cancer through out her body than we'll ever know about. She took a turn for the worse day before yesterday and in 24 hours was gone. I'm glad she didn't linger in that condition. I Praise God for hearing our Prayers on that note.I was feeding her thru a straw letting fluids drip from it a little at a time. We even Prayed with her to let her know that it was ok to let go and let God take her home with Him.(a hospice nurse told me to do that to let her know it's ok to go) She told her sisters that she didn't want to leave me, that she felt that I needed her.(do we ever NOT need our Mummy's?)I told her that I would be ok, don't linger in pain for me.3 hours later she was gone. So the funeral is Wednesday. Today we did all the arrangements. Dave was such a blessing , knowing who to call and what to ask and such. I've been telling him he's an amazing person, and I appreciate him.
Keep me in your Prayers girls. I'm tired, sick with this virus and trying to cope with losing the best friend, teacher and mentor a girl could ever have in her life and I am wondering where I should go from here.
'I miss you already Mama! I will love you forever and I look forward to seeing you again along with all the past family members that have welcomed you home! I'm sure there was quite a reunion in Heaven this morning. I can see you glowing, young, with perfect hearing, eyes bright and body healthy, kneeling at Jesus' feet as He places his hand on your head and smiles on you.'
Another of His children has come home! Praise His name!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2014 :  5:41:17 PM  Show Profile
Oh Judy and Patsy...I probably feel like you do, with this news...Happy For Mama and saddened for you! It was
such a blessing to pray for her and you guys through all of this. Your mental picture Judy of her Homecoming
was beautiful and just like I would picture it too. And I am so glad you had the wisdom to tell her you could
handle letting her go home to Jesus. I am sure she was welcomed also by lots of friends and family that went
home before her.

I know this will be hard for both of you girls but even more so for you Judy because you were with her all the
time and she was your mother, friend, mentor and you did so much together. God will see you through this...
but you will have hard days that will come at you from left field and in the strangest ways. I remember that
when my dad died...I walked around praising God for giving me that full week with him but not being able to
believe that he was really gone. The first thing that slammed me hard was walking past a display of Father's Day
cards in my own Book Store...and breaking out in tears because I wasn't going to be able to buy and send my
dad a Father's Day Card ever again. Something so small but it just knocked me to my knees. So, feel free to share
with us as you need to girls. It will happen.

You Continue to be upheld in our hearts and prayers.

Love and Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2014 :  5:45:56 PM  Show Profile
Teacher Tammy...I got my Tea and Lovely Poem today. Thank You So Much! I know it was a hard time for YOU
to get it in the Mail but you did it girl...in the midst of a lot of "Stuff" going on in your life.

Hugs and Smiles,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Aug 04 2014 5:47:13 PM
Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2014 :  6:02:53 PM  Show Profile
Just got home from vacation, and I feel like I missed a lot here while I was gone!

Tammy - got your tea today and can't wait to make it. I sure love my tea. Your poem was beautiful.

Judy & Patsy - praying for you both. It is so hard to lose a parent even when we know they are so much better now.

Hardest part of coming home from a trip is all the laundry, piled up suitcases, etc. - and having to go back to work!

Hugs,
Luanne

beekeepersgirl #691

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.

My blog: finallyafarmgirl.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

Kirksmom71
True Blue Farmgirl

873 Posts

Mel
Dallas Texas
USA
873 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2014 :  7:05:52 PM  Show Profile
Dearest Judy and Patsy...you and family are in my prayers. so saddened to hear of your great loss.....but glad to know that Mama is now with others that love her! Glad that you have the comfort of knowing she is with her savior.

My best to all,
Mel
https://www.etsy.com/shop/KirksmomsKottage
http://www.pinterest.com/kirksmom71/
Sassy City Girl with Farmgirl Fantasies!
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2014 :  08:59:04 AM  Show Profile
Dear dear Judy and Patsy- my heart and hugs go out to you! I am so sorry for your loss and still praise God for releasing her to come home to him. I too think you did a wonderful, brave thing, Judy, in telling your Momma it was ok to go. I do believe that is something people are waiting for..to have our earthly family reassure them that they will be ok without them (whether we will be or not). I'll pray for you and your families!

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2014 :  09:37:21 AM  Show Profile
TLTammy- Glad to hear you enjoyed your trip to Washington D.C. I would love to go there sometime. Glad to hear your DH is improving too! Don't you just love county fairs. Last year our fair had almost no canned or baked goods. It was really dying out. This year there were a few more entries. I had planned to enter some canned goods, but didn't due to health issues. It was fun though to see that two of my after-school kids (from a couple of years ago) entered violet and dandelion jelly. Their mother even sent me pictures of it. There were more sewing crafts entered also.
Peggy- So sorry to hear of your migrane. I sure remember those years of spending a lot of time in dark rooms. I don't know why they stopped, but am grateful. I can't believe Madeline is 6 already! Those grand-babies are so beautiful. It's hard to believe Elijah is walking around. And, Naomi is so precious too! Thanks so much for sharing pictures again! And, your flower pictures are beautiful! Always makes my day!
Miranda-You are so funny! Of course, we saw you peeking and heard you giggle! I am so happy for you getting non-traditional training. Wow, talk about hands on! I have often thought if I started over I would go into plumbing. (of course, I am pretty small and would have to hire a helper to do heavy work). But, it would be a good thing to learn. You go, girl!
Hey, Bunny- You're doing a great job hanging in there with school! Seems like there is always an instructor that makes life difficult! I always had to remind myself they are just people...and not always even good teachers. Glad it will be over for you in September!
Darlene (Healing Touch)-Thank you for asking about our family's health. I think we are all improving. DS will take several months, but he is doing much better than expected. He goes back to surgeon on Thurs. for check-up. He said he hears and smells more clearly now. His headaches aren't as frequent now. He is trying to take better care of himself (diabetes). He has lost 40 lbs. since the surgery. DH is doing really well after back surgery..He has another month of 10 lb. weight limit. I feel good about picking up some of the chores he has always done around here. And, especially good that he will let me. He still has sciatica. Dr. says the nerves were crushed pretty badly. But with us changing family doctors he is getting the correct med schedule. He is also walking 5-7 miles/day! I am doing much better:
Finally, last week was the first week I have not had daily nausea and pain in stomach for over a year. Amazing feeling! Thank you, God and doctors! I have one more procedure this month to stretch strictures and then I think I will be ok. It sounds like I won't need gall bladder out after all. Yipee! DD is trying to stop smoking. Using patch! She has her voice back! I think if she truly understood how her children worry about losing their mother she would quit immediately.
I had to smile reading about all your canning. We call all those pretty jars of goods "the family jewels". DH always helps me too, especially with corn. Sorry to hear it wears you out, though.
On Friday DH and I will travel to Quincy, IL to meet with my sister and BIL who lost their son to an aneurysm. Other members of the family will meet (motel) also. My sister Lives in Mississippi. So, its a bit of a drive for all of us. We will spend 3 days with them. Then on to visit with DH's uncle for a couple of days another 4 hours away. I think DH is doing pretty well if he thinks he can drive that far and back.
Sorry for the book. However, It's good to have enough strength back to focus and catch up.
Hugs to all of you.

Farmgirl sister #3926

Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2014 :  10:59:06 AM  Show Profile
I've never posted on here, and hope I am not intruding! Judy - I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your momma! I simply cannot imagine! Please know that your family will be in our prayers!

A little about us.... I am an Air Force wife and a home schooling momma of 6 blessings. My oldest will be 11 the end of this month and my youngest turned one in June. I spend the mass majority of my days doing school with my kids. With it being so hot and humid down here, we do school through the summer and take time off sporadically through the rest of the year :) We dream of having a small farm, but right now have 6 chickens and two dogs, which is plenty for our tiny property. I enjoy gardening and canning, along with any craft I can get my hands on, lol. The other week we (my oldest and I) canned peaches - peach salsa, barbecue sauce, butter, honey, and just regular canned peaches. We also dehydrated and froze some. Our tomatoes have done HORRIBLE this year, but we have gotten a good crop of green beans and cucumbers, oh and some peppers too.

~ Shannon

http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2014 :  1:50:02 PM  Show Profile
Shannon...Welcome to The Porch!!! So happy to have someone New stop by and sit a spell. Please Come Back Often.
My DIL and I were talking a couple of days ago about how good the Peaches are this summer and how beautiful they
are when they are canned and lining the shelves. And do they ever taste fabulous in the Winter Months when
grocery store fruit is so blah! Peach and Mango Salsa is my Favorite...I could eat it on everything and not
grow tired of it.
Sounds like you have a Wonderful little Family that keeps you busy. And you practically have a mini farm already!

Judith...so good to hear from you...thanks for letting us know how everyone is progressing health wise.
Have you had the Throat Strictures Stretched before? My husband use to have it done twice a year...now just once
a year. His gets so bad that he can't even swallow liquids sometimes.
Sounds like you are getting some more traveling in this summer. Lucky you! I think! With my Fibro...I hate to travel
anymore. Seattle and Spokane are my farthest destinations (Seattle 3 1/2 hrs and Spokane 6 1/2 hrs) and then small
trips to The Coast (2 1/2 hours...which is more my speed). I have to stop lots and just get out and stretch and
walk...no matter what.

Hi Mel...glad to see you peeping in and extending your love and sympathies to Judy and Patsy.

Ok...I didn't sleep well last night...so, I need a little catnap.

More Later My Porchies,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2014 :  2:09:44 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Judy and Patsy
My deepest sympathy for the loss of your precious mother. You are blessed to have a mother that was your friend as well as a good role model. Many people never knew their mother's and some wish they never did! You on the other hand have had an amazing journey. It will be tough but she is walking down the streets of gold, singing with the angels in a healed body as she looks into the face of Jesus! You will meet again. Until then, remember the love you shared will never go away. You are good and faithful daughters. Much love and prayers as you start this new journey.

Judith,
I'm so glad to hear you are all on the mend. Good for your son and his progress. Losing weight is a major victory with his diabetes. Less headaches, PTL! Good for your daughter. A step in the right direction for sure. I can't believe your husband will be driving that much. It takes time to heal the nerves. Do they have him on anything? Sometimes they will use neurontin with good results. My friend had cages, plates and screws put in her back and the neurontin helps tremendously. I need the same surgery and am waiting until I can't stand the pain before I have another thing done to my body! I'm glad you are feeling better. Nausea is the worst! The canning end results are beautiful to look at, aren't they? I like the family jewels and will call mine that too! Stay well and have a safe trip.

Shannon
This is everyone's porch! Glad you stopped by. We laugh, cry, rant, rave and give advice and lessons we've learned. Sometimes we just sit on a rocker or swing and listen. Pop in anytime.

Peggy,
Your son and DIL are good to you. What a blessing. My son is taking us out to dinner tonight for hubby's BD. What trial were you talking about with your stepson? Is it serious? Let us know if we need to pray.

Back later if I don't eat to much! LOL!

Be Blessed and Be a Blessing,
Darlene
Sister 1922

God first, everything else after!

When Satan's knocking at your door, just say "Jesus will you get that for me?"

When it gets to hard to stand, Kneel!

Go to Top of Page

Missus Miranda
True Blue Farmgirl

285 Posts

Miranda
Thrall TX
USA
285 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2014 :  2:47:25 PM  Show Profile
Oh Judy, my heart is broken for you... I too am glad she's not suffering any more, but still!! It's hard to lose a parent . Big hugs and many prayers your way!

Peggy, there have been a lot of changes, and I am hoping for more, soon. DH is on the way home with Meshach and Shadrach and a "trailer full of stuff" as I type. I've been talking today with a lady I nearly went to work for, and may end up going to work for, after all. We shall see!

Shannon - Welcome to the group! I have learned it's best to jump right in, and the ladies will be glad to welcome you ;)

Thrall, TX

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page