Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2014 :  06:26:00 AM  Show Profile
Morning everyone :) About to start school with the kiddos, but wanted to pop in here and am so glad I did!!!

Heather - Belle/Bella is absolutely ADORABLE! And I had no idea that cows could darken in the winter! How awesome is that! Will she go back to a lighter color in the Spring/Summer again or don't you know yet? And thanks for the cookies ;) Are they the ones with the cocoa, peanut butter and oatmeal? Hmmmmm think I may need to surprise my hubby with some of those soon!

Peggy - So glad the lady was not hurt! Will be praying the doctors will have some answers for her!

~ Shannon

http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2014 :  07:05:48 AM  Show Profile
Good morning everybody. I'm having computer issues so while I'm waiting for it to reset I thought I'd jump on. This morning I woke to a crisp 33' temp. It actually doesn't feel that cold out thankfully. Thanks for all the nice compliments on the table set. We finally sat down and used it last night. I made Pioneer Woman's Marboro Man's Favorite Sandwich and steak fries last night. If you haven't tried that recipe I'm sure it's on her site or the Food Network site. Onions and sliced up cube steak sauted in butter with Worcestershire sauce and Tabasco on a buttered roll. Delicious! I like it, it's much better than the bulky set I'd been using. It's a couple inches narrower and shorter than the other table and fits the space better. It almost seems bigger even though it's not. The white is a bit too white for me, I wish the antique white had been a bit more yellowish. I'll wait and see if it grows on me.

Peggy - I'm so glad you got to get away for a while and there's no better place than the beach. That sounds like it was so much fun and yummy pumpkin chocolate chip bread too.

Sharron - if I had someplace to work I might consider refurbishing furniture. Our small mudroom was packed with just the table while I was working on it. Maybe some day :o)

Heather - another beautiful calf! How adorable they are. You are a lucky woman.

Well my system reset should hopefully be complete so I need to see if I can get some work done. Have a great morning everybody!

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://ndprairiegypsy.blogspot.com/
Etsy: PrairieGpysyCrafts
Jamestown, ND
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2014 :  4:02:10 PM  Show Profile
Just stopped by to say 'howdy' and munch some of your goodies, ty, pet the calves...oooo, soft and drool over the crafty girls creations. Well done porch-buds!
Welcome home Peg. You always come home tired and giddy at the same time. I love it.
Hubby took the bamboo off the patio today, a sure sign of colder weather coming. We hardly sit out there at all since it's been so cold around these parts. (and yes Heather, it's been quite windy) We still sit out on our front porch though. It's out of the wind for the most part. Rascal the rascally cat wants to go out on his leash every day, even when it rains. He loves to get his feet wet. But when it gets windy, he's ready to come in. Like I said before, he thinks he's a dog. We love him anyhow. hahaha
Well, I think I'll go for a walk. Nothing seems to help my emptiness... but different scenery and fresh air can't hurt.
Love ya gals!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"
"The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it is on my list!"
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2014 :  10:40:37 AM  Show Profile
Well the funeral is over. The fabric giveaway didn't work. She went full on psycho on me while we were looking through it. She just lost it and started screaming at me. Said she was sick and tired of me treating her family like crap. Mind you, I have given her oldest son a truck, all of her kids and grandkids have gotten quilts from me. I gave her daughter a very large bag of fabric the. Ishtar before. I treat them so badly. And of course my mom said I have always treated her badly. If you only knew what I have had to put up with when we were kids. She use to have these screaming fits at me when we were young. It would always be about something trivial. My friend says she is just consumed with jealousy. I'm so glad she lives far away.
and now my mom says she doesn't want to move to Utah...funny that.

On the good news side... A new store in San Francisco contacted me via my Etsy store and wants to put my clothing in her store on consignment. What is so great is I have a very good friend that lives in San Francisco and is willing to act as a go between. So I'll have someone keeping an eye out for me.

Plus, I did get a sale this morning.

So the good comes with the bad and chases it away!! Sister is leaving this morning to go back home. I'm so done with her. No more trying to be nice.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
Handmade stuff http://www.curiousorangecat.etsy.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2014 :  10:05:53 AM  Show Profile
Where is everyone!!

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2014 :  11:04:57 AM  Show Profile
Hi Bunny...I am here, was just lurking last night...still too tired to make much sense out of my
communicating with people. And when I am that tired my postings are terrible too. LOL

Wow, your sister sounds like a very difficult person to deal with. Even though my Sister died...we
had a great relationship and I still miss her every single day. Now, if I could only say the same
about my Mother...I would be happy.

That is soooooooooooooo Exciting about the store in San Fran. contacting you about your couture.
I bet you are floating on cloud nine? I would be. And Congrats on that and your sale yesterday.
That is just so Awesome. I love how God works...when we are going through a rough patch and then
all of a sudden we are hit with a wonderful blessing.

Judy...Yes, I always love coming off the Mountain Top (My Beach Retreat) and doing a re-entry into
Reality. I am both giddie and worn-out at the same time. This time my husband shocked me to death...
the Apartment was clean (like I left it) and the dog was groomed. Now that made for an awesome
re-entry. I asked him if he had gone to hotel or something. LOL It has only taken 30 years but I
think the man is learning how to keep me Happy.

Off to go to Barnes and Noble for awhile.

I went with DH yesterday and did Process Serving and it was a very long afternoon but again I got
to enjoy some Beautiful Fall Country Side.

Hugs and More Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

Life is too short to knit with ugly yarn!

Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2014 :  12:40:57 PM  Show Profile
Peggy, my sister and mother are both classic manic/depressive. My mom is more on the depressive side. Spends all her time in bed. My sister is Dr. Jeckle Mr. Hyde. She can turn on you in seconds for something trivial. I'm just done. I can't handle the stress of being around her.

I'm thrilled but guarded with the SFO store. I'm so thankful for the opportunity. I just hope it is profitable. I don't expect it to solve all my financial issues, but have it be an additional income stream.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2014 :  08:40:22 AM  Show Profile
Good morning everybody. I'm finally getting some things knocked out this morning. Made a coffee cake for breakfast and cut up a melon to go with it from my Bountiful Basket. Put a chicken in to roast to make chicken tortilla soup with later today. It's been a stressful weekend so far. Friday night I took the furkids out for their last bathroom break before bed. Oreo & Lacey went down the steps and immediately started barking at something under the deck. I figured it was one of the numerous feral cats in the neighborhood. Oreo went under and chased it out. It wasn't until it was half way down the side of the house that I saw the stripe - a small skunk. It blasted under the deck and again by the shed. Thankfully it wasn't a full on spray. M* went ballistic over it. Bunny - I can so identify with your situation since I live with it and he's not diagnosed. He sounds a lot like your sister. Needless to say it was not a good night. For anybody that goes through this unfortunate experience I found a recipe using a quart of peroxide, 1/4 cup baking soda, and 1 tsp Dawn. I'm not sure if this would work for a full on direct spray or not but it got out the smell quickly (thankfully). So a good portion of yesterday I was outside standing for the most part while he put up lattice board around the bottom of the deck (something I've asked him to do for 2 years). Apparently my presence was needed so he could rant nearly the entire time. So hopefully I can be more productive today. The sad thing was that Friday started out a lot better. It was his last day at work and they invited him for drinks afterwards, which was a surprise, so we spent several hours hanging out with his coworkers before picking Jordon up from work.

Bunny - it's exciting to hear about the consignment. Hopefully it will help you. It would be really nice if you could get your own place and not have to be bothered by your mother so much. I agree with Peggy, you should be on cloud nine! it looks like with me hoping to pick up another job for a while that my crafting will come to a near standstill.

Peggy - you are so lucky. I rarely get a clean house unless I do it. I figure I'm doing good if he's loaded the dishwasher.

Well onward with my day. I'm hoping to get a bit of crafting in today if I can get the cleaning caught up. Chicken tortilla soup, guacamole, my home canned salsa and chips will be on the porch later tonight.

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
Jamestown, ND
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2014 :  09:55:59 AM  Show Profile
Bunny...my husband is Manic/Depressive too but his Dr. seems to have gotten his medication
just right years ago. I am thankful that he is not a person who goes on and off his meds.
He stays on them and doesn't try to self-medicate. He went through a period about two years
ago of being down right mean for about 6 months...and finally I got him to mention it to his
Dr. and they tweaked his meds and he was fine after that. Had that not happened I probably
would have left him as his mean-ness was directed at me. Life is too short and I am, too tired
to be somebodies Target everyday of the week. Been there done that with my ex-husband...not
doing it again. So, I do know the pain and hurt those types of people can cause. My ex-husband
was the Worst of The Worst. Even his grown kids can't stand to be around him...or talk to him
on the phone. Which is really sad!

Are you starting to feel the weather change? The pain isn't so bad at the moment as the constant
Fatigue. But all my gals at Bible Study were the same way on Thursday Night. Just absolutely worn
out...so I knew it was more than just the Fibro.

Prairie Tammy...Oh, my goodness girl...isn't it amazing what it will take to get a project done by
The Man...sometimes? Sorry you had to deal with a skunk and ill-temperment to get a bit of Lattice
put up...but hey, what ever it takes right? Geesh. I suppose it was all your fault that the skunk
was under the deck?

Oh, your Chicken Soup sounds really good. I will be looking for it on The Porch later. Yum!

Went to my son's last night to watch the lil' man. He is so adorable!! Didn't want to go to
bed and miss out on playing with Grandmama though. He is talking so much more now too. I love when
they start being little sponges. He won't say Amen after praying for his food anymore...he says
"All Done!" He really has a mind of his own and a stubborn independent streak to boot.
When he wakes up in the morning now instead of yelling Mom, Dad he's started yelling...Mom, Shane. LOL
Oh, goodness the boy is a hoot.

Well, off to do something constructive. Hubby went back to bed and I may do the same.

More Later my Lovelies,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

cajungal
True Blue Farmgirl

2348 Posts

Catherine Farmgirl Sister #76
Houston Area Texas
2348 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2014 :  3:26:51 PM  Show Profile
Good early evening, gals!

Bunny, what a mess you've had to put up with. On a good note, congrats on the store! Exciting.

Prairie Tammy, a skunk!? Yikes!

I was on my actual porch this afternoon and took a nap while it rained. Nice.

One of the best compliments from one of my daughters: "Moma, you smell good...like dirt."
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2014 :  4:25:40 PM  Show Profile
Hey Ladies,
I hope yall are doing well. Just popping in for a quick minute. It has been a very busy week at school. I had a funeral for a dear friend's mother this week and it was a celebration for my sweet mother in law who turned 86 this week. I am pooped. So resting this evening to be ready for a new week.

Prairie Tammy a skunk goodness gracious

It is fairly chilly here today. Feels like fall so lots of tea. Well not really much to say today. Just a needed a break here on the porch.
love to you all
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Whispers of Morning
http://todayanewday.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2014 :  5:13:58 PM  Show Profile
Pr Tammy, the soup sounds wonderful. Scotty beam me to tammy's house for dinner. Yeah, skunks are fun. Glad you found the right concoction to deal with the smell.

Peggy, so nice hubby is even willing to admit there was a problem. My sister won't and just thrives on being a victim. Her kids put up with her as little as possible. Sad.

Cathrine, napping on theorch while it rains!!! Priceless. How cool is that.

Tea Tammy, it have been enjoying lots of different teas now that the weather is slowly turning. My favorite time of the year.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2014 :  5:15:17 PM  Show Profile
Ok, auto correct had a field day with my post. Hope you could read through the code.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2014 :  7:08:36 PM  Show Profile
One of my favorite teas right now is one I bought at the Beach...it is a White Tea,
which is suppose to be the Champagne of Teas because it is so mild and delicate.
And indeed it is. I got a can of 50 Tea Bags for just $7.00. It is just a delightful
cuppa Tea.

Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2014 :  1:18:42 PM  Show Profile
Hi all -

I've been gone for over a week, so haven't had time to go back and read everyone's posts yet. Just got home from a trip to Vermont and Maine last night. Spent the entire week with my Mom, and we had a great time. She is having a really tough time now with the arthritis in her hips and knees, and it is very difficult for her to walk. Not sure how we are going to handle this. She really doesn't want to move to PA to live with me, and I can't leave my job here and move back to VT either, so will just have to pray on it and see what comes to be.

Still haven't caught the sniper running loose in our woods. The latest is that now the town has cancelled the Halloween Parade and Trick or Treating for our local kids. They are so disappointed, but I understand the need for caution. Hope they catch him soon.

Hugs everybody!

Luanne

beekeepersgirl #691

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.

My blog: finallyafarmgirl.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2014 :  11:09:41 AM  Show Profile
grrr, started to post and it tossed me out to the main page midpost. So, let's try this again lol

It's a beautiful day out, sunny and about 67'. No coat needed today :O)

Peggy - Yes it was my fault that my dog was curious and trying to be friendly when it chased the skunk out. I'm in agreement about being a daily target. Working on it, unfortunately slower than I'd like. It rained Sunday and reactivated the skunk smell and apparently that's my fault to.

Luanne - to bad your mom doesn't have a guest house. I'd volunteer to move and help her for free board and I could continue to telecommute for my job lol. I miss Maine which is really surprising since I hated it when I lived there. I was just starting to like it right before we moved since the kids were old enough to start doing things like hike and I wasn't stuck in an apartment every day.

M* started his new job yesterday. He'd been told last week he'd work 8am-6:30pm this week but found out yesterday it's 6am - 4:30pm. His 5am wake up was way to early and of course I couldn't get back to sleep. He was worried about not waking up for some reason and woke up at 4:30 am and of course his movements woke me up. It's going to be a LONG day. Well I need to get some chicken in the crockpot to cook for supper. Think I'm making chicken curry divan tonight. I stopped to pick up a couple items to make supper and hit a really great meat clearance. Bought about 7 packages of meet for about $38 which is awesome here. Meat is anything but cheap here. I recently saw a blog where the woman said not to pay over $2 a pound for meat and this was a recent post. I can't even get chicken quarters for that cheap. I managed to make some chocolate chip cookies Sunday night so enjoy!

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
Jamestown, ND
Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2014 :  11:19:08 AM  Show Profile
Heather - just got my tea and goodies today - I was on vacation all last week, and then the PO was closed yesterday. Thank you so much! Can't wait to try them, and the tea holder & bookmark were adorable!

Hugs,
Luanne

beekeepersgirl #691

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.

My blog: finallyafarmgirl.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2014 :  4:03:58 PM  Show Profile
Heather, Thank you so much for the tea package. Loved the tuck-ins. That bookmark is going on my Christmas tree this year. That'll be cute. I have a lot of tea-stuff on my tree.
Tammy, my hubby said to go trap prairie dogs. They should be plentiful... or are they protected. Shouldn't be, they breed like rats. My sister said that meat and produce are expensive in the mountains of N.C. That's just crazy.
We are having warm weather that just feels odd after all that cold. It's probably Indian summer. Don't know. This weekend is spose to drop again. May have to turn a furnace on.
Later porches.

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"
"The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it is on my list!"
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2014 :  4:43:31 PM  Show Profile
Heather, I too got my tea today. Thank you so much for the sweet tucki ins. I always carry a tea bag or two for when I house sit. The tea pouch will do nicely.

Today was a sad spray for me. I had to say goodbye to Miss Twinkle Toes. She was my kitty and lived to be over 19 years old. Yesterday she was sickly and I just knew it was time. Had to have my mom take her in. I just couldn't do it. But I know it was the right thing to do.

my mom has Bunco here tonight. I want to just hang out in the basement but have to play. Don't feel like it.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2014 :  4:44:16 PM  Show Profile
How annoying!! It was a sad day!

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2014 :  5:18:04 PM  Show Profile
Hi Ladies! We are about to get slammed with "the storm," but wanted to pop in real quick. Things here have been "go-go-go!" Friday was a field trip to the zoo, about 1.5 hours away. On our way home, we stopped and picked up about 100 lb of tomatoes (they were only $9 for 25 pounds!!!) - non GMO and no chemicals :) My daughters and I have been trying to process them, though I still have around 30 pounds to go! Saturday my hubby was hunting in the morning (though he didn't get anything) and then we did some Christmas shopping in the afternoon. Sunday was church with a wonderful fellowship afterwards :D Oh how I LOVE our church! And then yesterday, our Aly had an appointment and then we came home and processed more tomatoes :) Today I have not been feeling well, so I've just been lounging around.

Judy - (((hugs)))! Continuing to pray for you!!!

Bunny - Oh my! I am so sorry you had such a rough time with family on top of the funeral! And now you have lost your poor kitty :'( I am so very very sorry! Losing a furbaby is SO difficult! I will definitely be praying for you! Hoping Bunco goes surprisingly well for you, though I understand why you do not want to be there :(

Peggy - What is Process Serving? Your grandson sounds like a riot! How old is he? My youngest son (3 yo) and middle daughter (5 yo) call their daddy Daddy Bobby - because his middle name is Robert, lol. Unless people know WHY they call him that, they look at us like we are crazy (His first name is Bradley and he goes by Brad). It is hysterical!!!

PG Tammy - a SKUNK!?!?!? Yikes! I have never encountered one of those, and pray I NEVER do!!!! But I'll try to store your remedy in my "file cabinet" of my brain ;)

Luanne - they STILL have not caught the sniper!?!? Are they any closer? My word! That is just scary!!!! Glad to hear you had a great visit with your mom though!

Alright the storm is definitely getting closer. I'm going to close this here. Night all!

~ Shannon

http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2014 :  6:30:36 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Bunny
Sorry about your kitty. Never easy and always rips you apart. Seems like everyone has a crazy in their house at some time! Doesn't make it easy trying to lay low! Hope the clothing does well in the San Fran store.

Heather
Got your tea, bookmark and tea pouch. How cute are they? Love them. How did you have time to make them all between all the farming? Awesome.

PGT
Don't you just love it when everything is your fault? There are so many that deal with it! Well at least you got the porch done. Meat is so expensive here too. I just don't buy it unless it's on sale. Sausage is over $5 a pound. They don't even put the good pork in it! I just saw a commercial for The Pasta Wizard and it has an attachment to make sausage I'm thinking about buying it.

I'll be back I have a phone call.

Be Blessed and Be a Blessing,
Darlene
Sister 1922

God first, everything else after!

When Satan's knocking at your door, just say "Jesus will you get that for me?"

When it gets to hard to stand, Kneel!

Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2014 :  10:57:37 PM  Show Profile
I just sold five dresses to a lady in Canada and another in Texas wants me to do a western style wedding dress for her. Good end to a sad day.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2014 :  12:00:39 AM  Show Profile
Bunny...so sorry about your Kitty...but oh, my what a nice long life!!! I am sure in some ways
that makes it even harder because she lived that long and I know how you love your Kitties.

Wow and Congrats on The Clothing Sales. Again, you had a bad day and yet God opened a window of
blessing. He is Awesome that way.

Heather...I got my Tea Package today too. Oh, my goodness what fun tucks in with some great Tea.
Thank You for ALL your work in making those...as Darlene said...how did you do it with all your
Farming?

I had a big Fiasco at DMV today. I went to get my Enhanced Drivers License and they decided that
my Original Birth Certificate wouldn't do nor would my Birth Registration. So, I had to go to
Portland and pay 25.00 and get a computerized copy of my Birth Certificate. It took all day to do
those two things and now I still have to go back to DMV. They were having computer problems there
today too...so, I think I will wait until Friday to go back. I'm worn out from jumping through the
Governmental Hoops.

Would Appreciate Prayer for my middle son. He is 35 a bachelor and is ready to be evicted from his
Apartment because he hasn't been able to work for a month and a half because his gout is so bad that
he can't stand long or barely can walk. The Family is willing to pay the rent for him to keep him from
being evicted but then it is due again in two weeks. We all live pay check to pay check...so, we can't
keep bailing him out indefinitely. I really sense his feeling of desperation and I have been there
myself at various times in life...so, all I am asking is for prayers for him and for us...in how to
best help him. He says he really needs a place to live for free. Since I live in an Apartment he
could come and stay for only 2 weeks and sleep on our sofa but that is only a temporary fix too. Man
life is tough sometimes. I don't want to see him out on the Street though.

Shannon...Process Serving is just delivering Court Papers to residences and businesses. My husband
earns a little extra money each month doing that. In tough times...you are the last person some
people want to see...and yet you are just the Messenger.

Judy...we haven't turned the heat on yet either. I'm pushing for keeping it off until Nov.

Darlene...loooooooooooooong phone call girl!!! LOL

OK...long day and it's midnight...I'm off to bed.

Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

2991 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
2991 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2014 :  1:27:39 PM  Show Profile
Glad to see my tea is arriving :) I found time a little at a time over the past 2 months. I was going to make pumpkin coasters for everyone, but I don't have enough orange yarn and for some reason my local WalMart doesn't either. When I found the book mark pattern I couldn't resist! It's a knitting pattern, but I don't know how to increase and decrease my stiches. When I just crocheted the pattern it came out HUGE!!! So, I kind of just made it up as a smaller one and was pleasantly surprised at how cute they turned out :) I made a bunch for Christmas presents too. They work up really fast since they're small.

We went with Belle for our new baby calf and I started calling her dinner Belle because every time she sees or hears us she starts hollering. We had to go to town yesterday and as soon as we got out of the truck she started hollering from inside her hut. She didn't even bother getting up and coming out to see us. She's so funny.

Bunny - sorry to hear of your troubles, but very happy for your sales! The store sounds like a wonderful opportunity. Best of luck to you !

PGTammy - Isn't the price of food just getting ridiculous! We eat A LOT of beef that we butcher. I can't bring myself to pay for other meats. Sometimes we get some fish, but I feel for everyone who has to buy meat!

Shannon - I hope you didn't suffer any damage from the storm. What a deal on the tomatoes! I wish there was a place close to me to get that deal. I didn't can many tomatoes this year. You asked about Kendra's coat color come spring - It could go either way. Some lighten back up and some stay dark. I'll have to take a picture again in the spring so we can all see.

Judy - big hug to you! We started out wood stove the other weekend when it was chilly. Hubby thinks it's easier to keep it going than to start it back up. The other day I had to open the windows - it was over 80 in the house!!

Darlene - I hope you're not on a long distance call :)

Peggy - what's an enhanced drivers license? Sounds like a mess!!! Praying for you and your son. Sometimes life can be tough. It's so hard when you want to help others but can't. Been there!

Well, it's just about milking time so I better get my butt off the porch.

~Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701
September 2014 Farmgirl of the Month
http://nndairy.blogspot.com/

"The purpose of life is to enjoy every moment" - Yogi teabag
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page