Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2010 :  8:00:07 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Here you go Monica! She is a sweetheart!
Deborah, if you go to the barnyard section there are pictures there for you to see of the little ones. They are so cute if I do say so myself.lol
Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Just a small town country girl trying to live her dreams. :)
Go to Top of Page

monicarose
True Blue Farmgirl

406 Posts

Monica
Florida
USA
406 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2010 :  8:05:36 PM  Show Profile
Oh, thank you, she is beautiful! What fun to stop in and chat and hold babies, and catch up on all the latest news across the porch!

Living for today! aka: Paper Rose
Go to Top of Page

jelliott
True Blue Farmgirl

70 Posts

Jennifer
Athol Idaho
USA
70 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2010 :  4:34:02 PM  Show Profile
Ohhh are those brownies still around, sounds so wonderful. Yummmmmm it is raining here and cold, guess I will work on the garden next week. I usually can't plant until the last week in May, but it takes a while to prep it. The strawberries and rhubarb are starting to grow and a few flowers. I love spring, new life is coming and the sun warms the soil and the soul. Hugs to all.

If music be the food of Love, play on. Wm. Shakespeare
Go to Top of Page

wellswillow
True Blue Farmgirl

159 Posts

Marcie
Branchport New York
USA
159 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2010 :  05:31:38 AM  Show Profile
Good morning ladies. We had some snowflakes yesterday. Today it is a tad warmer, may see 52F. Still is windy, so feels chilly. I'm glad to have this porch to come to, it is always warm here. I brought some scones and raspberry jelly to share.

I've lots of tulips in blossom this week. I want to get out there and work in the gardens when the wind dies down a bit.

Have a great day!!!
Marcie

I enjoy chatting with my friends.

Sisterhood Member 1114
Go to Top of Page

gypsy goat
True Blue Farmgirl

673 Posts

mary jo
michigan
673 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2010 :  05:46:26 AM  Show Profile
just popped in to say hi-i'll take some of those scones and jelly it sounds wonderful. been very busy working outside trying to make my piece of the farm a little prettier. hope everyone is well thanks for letting me sit a spell with ya!!

whatever you are be a good one-abe lincoln
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2010 :  5:51:09 PM  Show Profile
Ooh! Eleanor, I love babies! I would love to hold her! My whole neighborhood is starting to smell like spring! Ahhh...
God's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.
Go to Top of Page

debtea2
True Blue Farmgirl

1853 Posts

deborah
nutley nj
USA
1853 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2010 :  7:19:54 PM  Show Profile
good evening ladies
heck of a noght full moon and breezy
but it started very cold and windy
wow what a difference a day makes..
glad everyone is enjoying the brownies
blessing deborah

http://jerseyfarmgirl.blogspot.com/
inch by inch we find our way
jersey farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

LBP
True Blue Farmgirl

81 Posts

Linda
Goodview VA
USA
81 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2010 :  05:10:29 AM  Show Profile
Can I come and cry on the porch?? I didn't cover my tomatoes and peppers last night and it frosted! The weathermen never said anything about frost yesterday!!! I used my grandfathers trick of watering down the plants before the sun comes up and that has worked some in the past. But I grew these plants from seeds and they are like my babies. I hope some of them survive. I need some hot chocolate and some hugs.

Come visit me at:

http://lbpsews.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2010 :  09:17:39 AM  Show Profile
Linda, you can cry on my shoulder while I cry on yours. My 18 month old was playing under my greenhouse table 2 days ago. My tomatoes, peppers, cukes, eggplants, and several specialty plants have been getting sicker and sicker. I found last night that she had turned up the heat all the way and had turned on the dripper. The poor things have been getting drowned and cooked at about 120*! I'll probably have to buy all new plants.

Farmgirl Sister #1438

God - Gardening - Family - Is anything else important?
Go to Top of Page

MrsRooster
True Blue Farmgirl

1168 Posts

Amy
Seabrook TX
USA
1168 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2010 :  11:08:17 AM  Show Profile  Send MrsRooster a Yahoo! Message
Lots of hugs LBP.

Please pass me the baby. My baby is almost 6 and I can't have anymore. So I enjoy any baby time I can get!!!

I would love scones. Made cherry crisp. Becareful, it is just out of the oven.

www.mrsrooster.blogspot.com

Farmgirl #1259
Go to Top of Page

jelliott
True Blue Farmgirl

70 Posts

Jennifer
Athol Idaho
USA
70 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2010 :  12:17:39 PM  Show Profile
Sorry to hear about the plant disasters, and to think you raised those plants from seeds. Do hope they make it.

Cherry Crisp, yummmmm. Sounds great and right out of the oven. It is yummy but hard to eat when I am crying over those plants. Hugs to everyone.

If music be the food of Love, play on. Wm. Shakespeare
Go to Top of Page

monicarose
True Blue Farmgirl

406 Posts

Monica
Florida
USA
406 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2010 :  5:55:47 PM  Show Profile
Cherry Crisp.....mmmmm...it looks so good, I brought some ice cream to go over the top of the Cherry crisp if anyone wants some.
Did anyone see that beautiful cardinal on the fence? I tried to get a photo to send MOM with her Mother's Day Card, but I wasn't quick enough!
Sure is relaxing sitting here, with that breeze blowing and farmgirl chatter at it's best...I love to hear the sounds of all of you, some whispering, some laughing, some crying, it's all just the best among friends and sisters!

Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2010 :  7:08:17 PM  Show Profile
Ooh, Monica, we have cardinals in our neighborhood too! I love spring! I only have 22 days left of 8th grade:( But I think high school will be good... Hopefully!
God's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2010 :  9:55:13 PM  Show Profile
Well, I am bushed! I have had the most peaceful day. It started with my DH teaching my oldest to drive the four wheeler and my middle daughter learning to hang clothes on the line, and then I didn't hardly see any of my girls all day. My baby was rotating between riding with my oldest and riding in the empty laundry cart with my middle daughter. I have done more gardening today than I did in the last two weeks combined. They didn't fight all day and my laundry got done! I'm here resting my tired legs and enjoying that everyone is already asleep and it take a screaming match to get them there. How was everyone elses day? I got chai tea if anyone wants it.

Farmgirl Sister #1438

God - Gardening - Family - Is anything else important?
Go to Top of Page

monicarose
True Blue Farmgirl

406 Posts

Monica
Florida
USA
406 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2010 :  05:51:20 AM  Show Profile
Wow, Megan...22 days, that's great! Hope you have some fun summer plans? Angela, I'm going to do that huge stack of laundry today. My daughter's coming home for a family day today, and she's going to sleep for a few hours so I can work on that while she's sleeping...I just went in and made up her bed with fresh sheets and used my lavender spray from France....(she works at a resort and works long hard hours and never gets to come home much) so this a fun day for me, if we have a nice day we might go to the beach, but I heard we're in for some thunderstorms today. I'll catch up with all of you this evening......

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2010 :  1:11:06 PM  Show Profile
Oh, I love Cardinals...they are so pretty. We don't have any here where I live but we do have lots of Hawks, Eagles, Osprey, Herons, Blue Jays, Robins,etc. I live in front of a Bird Reserve also...so, I wake up every morning to the most beautiful alarm clock you ever heard. I know they are praising God for another morning of life...so, how can I not do the same! ~peggy

Lady In Red
Go to Top of Page

MrsRooster
True Blue Farmgirl

1168 Posts

Amy
Seabrook TX
USA
1168 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2010 :  2:33:51 PM  Show Profile  Send MrsRooster a Yahoo! Message
I love Cardinals. We use to have two families of them in our yard back in Ohio. I miss them. But I got to see a Perigrine Falcon yesterday flying over our backyard. Very neat.

www.mrsrooster.blogspot.com

Farmgirl #1259
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2010 :  2:36:05 PM  Show Profile
Monica, with the plans I have this summer, I don't know if I'll have time to "have summer"! I'm hoping to get a job at the skate rink or the grocery store, I'm going to babysit for my aunt two days a week, I'm probably going to be on a basketball team, and my uncle's getting married this summer! But I'll probably still hang out with my friends a bunch. Angela, my day was pretty okay. I went to school, came home. I kind of have a lot to do this weekend, but it'll get done!
God's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

Go to Top of Page

debtea2
True Blue Farmgirl

1853 Posts

deborah
nutley nj
USA
1853 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2010 :  8:10:15 PM  Show Profile
evening ladies its a beauty evening here and a nice pot of vanilla tea and shortbread cookies
tried a new recipe pretty good but the lavender shortbreads are better..
deborah

http://jerseyfarmgirl.blogspot.com/
inch by inch we find our way
jersey farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

gypsy goat
True Blue Farmgirl

673 Posts

mary jo
michigan
673 Posts

Posted - May 01 2010 :  05:59:20 AM  Show Profile
morning everyone-came on your porch cause it's raining on mine. got some warm coffee and muffins with homemade jam- plenty to go around. i'm so excited i get to bring my 2 year old neice to my house for a week. i have 2 boys so i love it when she comes to play at auntie's house. hope everyone enjoys their weekend.

whatever you are be a good one-abe lincoln
Go to Top of Page

mscountrygirl
True Blue Farmgirl

552 Posts

Michelle
Lucedale Mississippi
USA
552 Posts

Posted - May 01 2010 :  10:48:14 AM  Show Profile
We had a male Cardinal stuck on our porch the other day. I had my son take him out on the end of a broom. I am enjoying orange cranberry scones and chamomile tea this afternoon. I am stuck in bed with numbness from an old car accident injury!!! At least it's raining today so I don't feel I am missing anything outside.

It's all good!

http://mscountrygirl.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

LBP
True Blue Farmgirl

81 Posts

Linda
Goodview VA
USA
81 Posts

Posted - May 01 2010 :  7:30:51 PM  Show Profile
Can someone please send us some of that rain? And guess what? All my plants lived! I can hardly believe it but I am so happy! I just came from sitting outside on my porch watching my cat trying to sneak up on a mouse. She tried really hard but the mouse won! I have some kind of bird in my holly tree that sings all. night. long... Very loudly. I'm not sure what kind it is but sometimes it sounds like a baby crying and sometimes it sounds like a cat meowing. Any clues?? I have never been able to see it. All those scones sound wonderful.

Come visit me at:

http://lbpsews.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - May 01 2010 :  8:23:55 PM  Show Profile
Today was so warm here! It was a little windy, but I was at a track meet, so I hardly noticed it! But I got burned bad:( Stupid me wanted a tan, and now I look I just got out of the oven! That'll teach me.
God's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - May 01 2010 :  9:35:05 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
oh how funny Megan!! I have a friend who spent 3 hours in the sun. She spent 1 hour and then decided that maybe she should put some sun lotion on. so she did that and she didn't know what spf 50 was. She was at home alone so she called her dad and said she was outside getting a tan and she told him that she had put suntan lotion on and he said oh thats great! what spf is it? So she told him and he said, "Yeah, I don't think your going to get a tan. lol So long story short she wasted 3 hours in the sun and was so mad. lol It made me laugh so hard!lol
Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Just a small town country girl trying to live her dreams. :)
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - May 02 2010 :  06:55:06 AM  Show Profile
Channah, that is too funny! lol! There was a dad yesterday from my team who put sun lotion on all over, except he missed patch on his back where his tank top showed some skin, and at the end of the day, he had a big red mark on his back!
God's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page