Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2015 :  3:44:38 PM  Show Profile
Prayers going up Patsy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Purple Skies
http://mypurpleskies.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2015 :  4:22:58 PM  Show Profile
I'm still praying, Patsy, for Jim, you and all your family!

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2015 :  6:04:49 PM  Show Profile
Patsy...did he work around asbestos? Or live in Montana where they had Zonalite?
I lived in Libby Montana where we had zonalite fields but so far only my mom has
been affected. She doesn't have the Cancer from it but her lungs are encased in a
hard shell and she has a hard time breathing. Plus she has COPD from smoking for
years even though she quit 30 years ago. My husband use to work around asbestos too
and we both have to be tested regularly...so, I'm just curious how your husband
came down with that type of cancer. We will keep praying...keep us posted and tell
your hubby that a lot of people are are praying for him and supporting him.

Love and Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Dec 2011-Farmgirl of the Month
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

Don't allow others to steal the Glitz from your *SPARKLE*

Life is too short to knit with ugly yarn!

Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch
Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2015 :  09:32:36 AM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
He's been exposed to asbestos all his working career, but not daily. I guess even in the army (his branch of service) the barracks are from WW2 days and have asbestos in the buildings and floors etc. Guess it can take 20 to 30 years to show up. Crazy huh?

My one son stationed in MD is thinking of going to try to get stationed closer to us.

VA called and said don't do a thing til they say, because we don't have part 2 of Medicare so we are going fully with VA. That means 1!/2 hour trips one way to VA hospital again..but oh well.

thank you all for your prayers.. we are feeling the support. HUGS TO ALL!

Thomas Edison: "Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." :)
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2015 :  3:42:09 PM  Show Profile
Patsy...well unfortunately that makes perfect sense as he has worked around it all his Life.
It is weird how long it can take before it shows up.
I am so glad to hear that your son is going to try to get stationed closer to your guys. That
is awesome!
Sorry that you have to go the VA route girl not only for the longer trips for treatment but
because the VA takes it's stinken time on everything. I have a friend who is in so much pain
he can barely sit, stand or walk and it has taken him months to even get an appointment...and
then once he got it finally...the VA canceled it and moved it out another month.
Here is hoping Jim doesn't have to go through frustrations like that.

Glad you are feeling the love and support. Wrap yourselves up in those mantels of Love, Prayers,
and Encouragements.

Blessings and Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

Sobyn
True Blue Farmgirl

752 Posts

Sabrina
Kansas
USA
752 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2015 :  06:43:58 AM  Show Profile
Hi ladies, another quick check in while baby is asleep! This week is going pretty well. Baby sleeps great!! (I consider getting an occasional 3 straight hours pretty great at this point and he almost always goes right back to sleep after eating at night.) No complaints with that-especially compared to my last two who thought sleep was evil. I think I overdid it just a tad this week because I have a clogged duct but we are working on that and I'm forcing myself to rest more. Basically just keeping people fed and doing laundry and dishes, otherwise my house is a disaster but whatever :). Little man will be one month old on Saturday-that month flew by, it is a good reminder how fast their childhood passes. The other kids are acting out a bit now that grandma is gone and dad is back at work but nothing more than would be expected. My middle daughter who is our spirited one has actually done surprisingly well through all of the new baby stuff. My in-laws are coming for a visit in about 3 weeks so part of me feels like it isn't even worth getting them back on any sort of schedule until after their visit but I am trying to get our anchors in our day back in order at least. The baby has established his own pretty predictable schedule so that helps a bit too!

Still praying for Jim and Patsy!

Sabrina

Farmgirl Sister #3275
Go to Top of Page

GinghamGirl
Schoolmarm

1409 Posts

Joyce
PE
Canada
1409 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2015 :  08:04:53 AM  Show Profile
Patsy - you and Jim are continued in my prayers. My husband's grandfather worked at the the shipyard docks around asbestos, and it didn't show up until he was 87, in his lungs. It's crazy how long it took to show up in his body!

Things are good here - just trying to get all my spring cleaning done, one room a day! With three darling little helpers :)

Good to get an update Sabrina :) We need a picture update when you have time too :)

Joyce Hein
Farmgirl Sister #6071
Go to Top of Page

cajungal
True Blue Farmgirl

2348 Posts

Catherine Farmgirl Sister #76
Houston Area Texas
2348 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2015 :  12:47:48 PM  Show Profile
Patsy, I'm continuing to pray for you and your family. Perhaps you can get some audio books to help those long drives to the VA more enjoyable.

Sabrina, I'm happy for you that your sweet baby has 'fit in' and also established a schedule. That helps life go on smoother.

Well gals, I'm up and walking around with little to no pain. I'm also driving again. I still don't have full range of motion in my knee but I'm not complaining. I just make do. So, I went to the post office today and sent off all the Tea Swap packages. Enjoy!!

Catherine
Sister #76 (2005)
One of the best compliments from one of my daughters: "Moma, you smell good...like dirt.

Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2015 :  12:51:15 PM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
UPDATE:
So the VA called this morning from Asheville and we're going the 1 1/2 hours(1 way)
tomorrow at 1 for an oncology appt. Hopefully, we will know more than we do now.. which isn't much... coveting your prayers.
Hope to remember to check in with the Travel Pay office there in the hospital. They reimburse so much per mile... so maybe help his sister(she's volunteered to drive us whenever we need to go up there) with the gas somewhat.. anything helps.

So far Peggy, VA has been good to us, and our VA office here in town works with us so far.

Thomas Edison: "Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." :)
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2015 :  6:07:09 PM  Show Profile
Shannon - I ended up doing speech with my youngest son myself. I'd gotten a computer program that I started working with him while he was going to a "professional" therapist. I mentioned it to her that we were doing it. About 6 months later I found out she'd gotten the same program and he'd been doing the same thing I was working with him at home every session with her. I was TICKED to put it mildly. That was the end of that.

Peggy - I love the pictures and was having issues with the thought of cutting anything out so I'm glad to hear you don't do it either. I nearly had a heart attack when I saw I'd paid $13 (gasp!!!) for it though. I just grabbed it because M* didn't want to spend too much time there. I agree, bad teeth aren't fun. Mom swears that my teeth were fine until the city we lived in added fluoride to the water and my teeth seemed to disintegrate. It seemed like a tooth would be fine one visit and the next they'd be telling me it needed a root canal. I will no longer get root canals so I've left these go too long since I haven't had insurance. It would actually be cheaper if I have to have the 4th out as a partial is cheaper to get than a bridge is.

Patsy - Wow, that's a rough cancer to get. I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Hopefully the VA you'll be going to will be a good one.

Sabrina - That's painful. I had a blocked duct I think with my 4th and boy did that hurt. Don't worry about the house, nobody will remember in the years to come.

Well ladies, the weather has been crazy here. Last weekend was in the 70's and this week we've been in low to mid 30's. Sunday I was running around in capri's and flip flops and two days later had my winter coat back on (sigh). Mother Nature does like to play with us this time of year lol.

UPDATE on M*: EMG did not go well. It took almost 1.5 hours to do. They stuck him 100 times with needles in various locations. He had welts in some areas from the electrical shocks. He was a hurting puppy when he got done and as grumpy as a grizzly coming out of hibernation. He went back Tuesday to talk with surgeon and it's worse then anticipated. He's preparing to have surgery, date yet not set, to remove 3 disks in his neck and fuse them. He surgeon said they could do the deburring now but he'd have to have surgery again in a couple years so it's best to go in once and get it over with. He'll be on temporary disability for roughly 6 weeks. I am not looking forward to it to say the least.

Thankfully I've healed quickly from my extraction. Went in for a blood pressure check last week since they put me on bp meds again when I went in for the sinus infection. BP was still up so they doubled my dosage. I have to go in again next week for another bp check. We'll get it right eventually. My thyroid apparently is causing the bp and also causing it to be hard to medicate. I see the doctor to start regular checkups next month so I'll see where he wants to go with the thyroid issue.

Sunday we had Jordon and the gf over for a birthday dinner for Jordon. All she could talk about was the baby. I wanted to scream at her that it was his birthday and it was about him, NOT her. She didn't initially come down because she didn't think she was welcome. She wasn't, but she is his gf and it was his day so I'd bought enough steaks for her to be here. She showed up Tuesday afternoon while I was working to joyfully tell me that she'd had another ultrasound and they confirmed it was a boy. They're going to name it Emmett (she's a Twilight fan). They're supposedly moving to a farm to farm sit for 2 years while the owner is away. Does anybody find it suspicious that they haven't actually spoken to the owner directly? M* and I both doubt it will happen. They've been buying things for the farm and they've never been there. Craziness. (might also be part of the cause of my high bp LOL)

Reading material: Halfway through The Reluctant Tuscan - How I Discovered My Inner Italian by Phil Doran. I started Hurry Less Worry Less by Judy Pace Christie but haven't read it much. I finished Sihpromatum - Backpacks and Bras. I'm nearly done with At Home with Madame Chic by Jennifer Scott. I also finished An Amish Buggy Ride by Sarah Price.

Well the little pup is whining so I think I will take her for a walk and see if she settles down. I have to work all day tomorrow so doubt I'll make it back on. Stay healthy everybody!

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://ndprairiegypsy.blogspot.com/
Etsy: PrairieGypsyCrafts
Jamestown, ND
Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2015 :  7:27:37 PM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
UPDATE:
The ONLY thing the doc would say is that it IS Mesothelioma. So exasperating to not know what STAGE he is in. Doc only said for it to show up on a film, that it had to be farther than stage 1. We are waiting to do a PET scan which should show what they want to know... which will be done here at the hospital and we'll take the cd with us to Asheville on the 30th.
Doc says 4 chemo treatments...1 every 3 weeks is what he's suggesting, starting on the 30th. We are not to keen on this.
We're getting a juicer and doing some juicing to build his body up. Green juice here we come.

Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2015 :  08:22:56 AM  Show Profile
Morning everyone!

Sabrina - oy blocked milk ducts HURT! Please rest and take care of yourself so you do not end up with mastitis! )Coming from one that almost always overdoes after each child and ends up with mastitis every! time!) Glad to hear your middle daughter is adjusting so well! What a blessing! I'm sure the children will quit pushing their limits here soon! It is a huge adjustment for everyone... a blessing, but an adjustment :)

Catherine - SO glad your knee is doing so much better! Praying full range of motion comes quickly.

PGTammy - what was the speech program you had gotten for your son? I might need to check it out! I cannot believe she was using it as well!!! That is just WRONG! I actually was sitting in with each session, which is how i knew the new therapist was HORRENDOUS! All of her therapists up to that point had been great. In fact, each time she graduated or one left, my daughter cried. When i told her she would not be going back to this one, my daughter literally started jumping up and down and started shouting, she was so excited! So sorry to hear the EMG went so poorly! We are continuing to pray for a quicker than anticipated recovery for him! And ugghhh on the son/gf issues! Somehow I missed that she was pregnant!!!!! Either that or it had not stuck!

Patsy - oh sweet Patsy! I have no words of wisdom, but know that we are praying!!!!! I can only imagine how frustrating to not know what stage... but rest assured God knows the stage and is with you each step of the way!!! Many many (((hugs))) and prayers coming your way! <3

Things here are rough and I need to vent and get some things off my chest, so please bare with me. I feel like my world is closing in around me... yes, I know it isn't really that bad, but I'm overwhelmed at the moment... My fibro is acing up pretty bad at the moment. my house is a disaster. I have a list a mile long of things I need to do. My oldest has broken her metatarsal (one of the bones in your foot, behind your toes)... they have her in a boot right now and will be re-x-raying it in two weeks. if it moves, she has to have surgery. In addition, she has a bone cyst on her tibia - one of the bones in your lower leg. My hubby is leaving the last week of March for a week of intensive schooling. And the military has decided they are not covering it... because while yes they are required to further their education, this class does not help his actual career.... and we cannot even use his GI bill for it. We finally found a cheaper hotel, but even still, we are looking at about $1000 for the week! And we are broke! The military has still not paid us back for when I went up for my appointment with anesthesia or my surgery back in August and September. Add to that that we desperately need a new vehicle! On top of all of this, my hubby's grandfather is in his last days. he has prostate cancer that has moved into his bones, spine, and now his bladder and ureters. They basically have him in an induced coma... and we do not have the funds to go see him (almost all our family lives in MD). I'm overwhelmed! I know God will see us through, but right now I feel like I am suffocating! Though I must admit, getting it all out has helped some. I feel like I can at least start tackling those things that I have some control over :)

~ Shannon

http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

cajungal
True Blue Farmgirl

2348 Posts

Houston Area Texas
2348 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2015 :  9:03:13 PM  Show Profile
Shannon, my sweet, precious, Shannon. I am praying for you. It is so hard to see any ease coming when you're right in the middle of so much chaos. It is overwhelming. It is suffocating. You are right, God will see you through.

One of my favorite songs to listen to, sing to, cry to is "Where Feet May Fail" it's also known as "Oceans" by Hillsong United. There's a line that says, "Your Grace abounds in deepest waters". So comforting. I'm a visual person and often use my refrigerator door to as a dry erase board and write notes or draw pictures. In the midst of my pain of losing my mom, I drew a picture of ocean waves with a small hand trying to reach up to keep from drowning. I wrote those words, 'Your Grace abounds in deepest waters'. That picture has been there for over a year. It is a daily reminder.

Precious Lord, lift the weight off Shannon's chest. Holy Spirit, cover her in peace.

Catherine
Sister #76 (2005)
One of the best compliments from one of my daughters: "Moma, you smell good...like dirt.

Go to Top of Page

cajungal
True Blue Farmgirl

2348 Posts

Houston Area Texas
2348 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2015 :  9:16:37 PM  Show Profile
Here's the drawing on my fridge. Nothing fancy. Just simple. Yet encouraging.

Catherine
Sister #76 (2005)

Go to Top of Page

GinghamGirl
Schoolmarm

1409 Posts

Joyce
PE
Canada
1409 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2015 :  9:27:02 PM  Show Profile
Sweet Shannon - I really really wish I lived closer so I could come over and be that person to help you for a day and get things under control. I so wish I could do you laundry, clean your house and make a meal for your family, so you could rest on the couch. I AM praying for you and know that I'm sending you hugs.

Patsy - continuing to hold you in my prayers.

Got my spring cleaning DONE the whole house!! My husband said he doesn't like it because now the house doesn't look lived in. My cousin in The Netherlands told me to tell him that he just needs to make a mess and it will feel lived in :) Good night all - I'm going on a ferry ride in the morning (for the day to the mainland) so I'm going to soak and get into bed. Sweet dreams :)

Joyce Hein
Farmgirl Sister #6071
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2015 :  12:01:47 AM  Show Profile
Patsy...keeping you and Jim in our prayers. I am so glad to hear that the VA is really good where you live.
That is Wonderful News!

Joyce...if your husband is anything like mine it won't take him long to make the house feel lived in again. LOL
I'm with you where Shannon is concerned...wouldn't it be nice IF we all lived close enough that we could just
go over and help each other out when someone feels particularly Overwhelmed, lonely or discouraged?

Catherine...love your Refrigerator Statement. Isn't it amazing how one thought like that can pull us out of the
waters when we feel like we are drowning in the midst of a storm? I post sayings on my Frig. too for the same
purpose. I love the one that says "Don't tell God how big your storm is...but tell your Storm how BIG Your GOD IS".

Shannon...dear heart I wish we could take away your feelings of being Over burdened. I hate that feeling when everything
seems to be falling down around your head and those you depend on to help you through...have to be gone also. It is
hard and it is frustrating and it feels like it is just sucking the Life right out of you...but you are right, some
how God will get you and your family through this time. I love this thought based on Scripture..."This Too Shall Pass".
It reminds us to remember all the other hard times that He has carried us through. He is so Faithful and Crazy Good!
Just lay it all at the Foot of The Cross and walk away. He will work it out. He loves and cares about YOU more
than anyone...in good times as well as bad.

Been a rough rainy weekend again. Hoping for some relief tomorrow. It is still suppose to rain and be awful but some
times when a storm lasts 3 or 4 days my body will eventually acclimate to it and I do better than the first few days.

Big Big Hugs to all Our Hurting Hearts,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Mar 23 2015 12:07:35 AM
Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

2991 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
2991 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2015 :  1:22:51 PM  Show Profile
Patsy and Judy - my heart aches for you girls. Lots of prayers going up for Jim and all of your family.

It's been very busy and a tough week here too. Thankfully God has enough strength for all of us. Hubby got the flu last Monday and was in bed all week. I had to do all the farm and house chores by myself. It was exhausting to say the least. He was finally able to come out and help last night. Boy did it go MUCH faster :) We've had 10 calves all together so far. 5 heifers and 5 bulls. All the heifers are red and whites :) Unfortunately 2 jersey's are bulls :( There's still 2 more to come so hopefully they will be heifers. Not sure what happened to spring. It's currently snowing so hard you can't see 1/4 mile away. And there's about an inch on the ground. It's supposed to be 60 Wednesday. I signed up to walk a 5K with my MIL and SIL (to raise money for women at risk) on Sunday. It's supposed to be 40 with rain and snow. Hopefully that changes by the time it gets here. I like 60 better.

Prayers for you Shannon. I know that overwhelming, broke, now what do we do feeling all too well. I spent some time praying for God to take it away from me just a little while ago.

One of the things I love about stopping on the porch is the support I get from all of you. Joyce's comment to Shannon about cleaning and helping get this under control reminds me of a comment a farmgirl sister made to me a couple years ago on the porch. She wanted to put her apron on and help me with the farm chores. It's so helpful to hear that we're not alone and the reminders like Peggy gave to "leave it all at the foot of the cross" . Although you ladies are talking to Shannon I can feel the love as well. Thank you all for being such a wonderful part of my life :)

I'm also praying for healing for you Sabrina and Tammy. How do you manage to read so many books at once Tammy? I'm impressed :)

Well, I better get to uploading some pictures since it's almost milking time again. Love to all!

This little girl is named Kee-Kee (hubby's name choice) Her moma is black and her daddy is black but she came out red :) (only 25% chance for that - we got lucky)

This sweetie with milk on her chin is Wee-Kee (you guessed it - hubby named her too)

I named this speckled beauty Mindy.

I wish this one was a heifer. I love the jersey's!

My sister came for a visit last weekend and got this picture of me feeding a new bull.

This little fellow looks just like his mom, his sister, and his grandma! If they weren't different sizes you wouldn't be able to tell them apart.

This one was having a hard time keeping his eyes open. Look at those eyelashes :) Here he is full view. He's so cute I wish he was a heifer too. I love the speckled ones.

The second jersey bull. He got named Rascal because he's so ornery! He's only a couple minutes old in the picture. He's a little lighter brown now that he's dry but I dont have another picture yet.

And our most recent baby girl - Millie.

We have a couple more due any day now. Hopefully they'll wait until Wednesday when it's raining rather than snowing! Well off to milking I go :)

~Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701
September 2014 Farmgirl of the Month
http://nndairy.blogspot.com/

"The purpose of life is to enjoy every moment" - Yogi teabag
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2015 :  09:55:08 AM  Show Profile

Heather...here are those Ornamental Cherry Trees I promised to post for you. Unfortunately they
have already lost their blossoms...as I took this picture 2 or 3 weeks ago.

I love all the pictures of the heifers and bulls. They are so cute. I hope you don't mind but I
saved a picture of Wee-Kee. The one with milk on her chin. I captioned it "Hey, Whatcha Looken At?"
That is such an expressive picture. I just loved it. All the other babes are cute too but that
one just tickled me. ~ Sorry to hear that you have had to do all the Farm and House Work the last
week...man, I can't even imagine that. That is a lot of work girl!!! It really is!!! I bet you just
fell into bed every night exhausted. Well, thanks for always sharing your pictures with us...it is
just delightful to see Life on your Farm.

OK...it is awful quiet on The Porch...but I am remembering you in my prayers and you are all close to
my heart at this time of "Trials and Troubles".

Love, Prayers, and Blessings,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Mar 24 2015 09:57:53 AM
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2015 :  12:00:51 PM  Show Profile
Thank you for the prayers. Brad's grandfather passed this morning. Not doing too well here. Will try to post more later.

~ Shannon

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2015 :  2:24:17 PM  Show Profile
....um...ok, I didn't see anything about that gf being pregnant either, and I read back 4 pages. The last thing said about her was that you still hoped your son came to his senses. Well, I guess that didn't happen did it? I am so broken-hearted to hear this Tammy!!! Most disappointing!
Well, we are having sunny weather lately but it is only high 40's. Last night it snowed(oh yes) but only enough to make things white, about an inch! I was shocked to see it after so many sunny days that warmed us considerably. Friday is suppose to be snowy too, with a little more accumulation. Ok, I know, it's still March and it's still N.E. OH... but...... *whining*... sorry God!
Heather I really do enjoy your pics. I need to 'hug-a-cow' right now! All would be better with the world then! There's just something about a 'cow-hug' that is therapy to me. When I was a kid and went to my grandparent's farm, I loved to be with the cows. The smell of hay 'n straw, milk breath from the calves, grass smells, even cow-crud.... it was all heavenly to this kiddo!
Catherine and Peg, loved both of your sayings.... and how clever, using the fridge for a message board.
Well, that's about it for me. Just wanted to check in. Waiting excitedly on that tea package Catherine.
Toodles gals!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"
"The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it is on my list!"
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2015 :  5:24:48 PM  Show Profile
Shannon - Unfortunately I don't remember what the name of the program was. It's been over 15 years. I joined some discussion groups and it came highly recommended at that time. I'm sure there are newer programs out there now.

Joyce - you can come clean mine for me LOL

Peggy - I think we're getting your rain. M* and I were both complaining today about not being able to get warm because of the damp chill. I can't seem to get enough blankets on.

Heather - I'm in cuteness heaven with all the cute calf pictures. I wish I could hug those cuties. As for all the reading I do, I read every day. I also read fairly fast so what might take someone several days to read might take me half the time. I knocked out an entire book Sunday alone, Plain Pursuit. M* and I both kicked back for most of the day and read. I have one book that I read only at work on my breaks. I read about an hour in bed to unwind before sleeping. It all adds up. I'll curl up in my chair at night sometimes and just read instead of watching TV. I read several books at once, it's just how my mind works. It's sort of like watching several TV series for me I guess.

M* has been waiting to schedule the surgery. He's called 3 times and they keep telling him the surgeon will call him. He's getting frustrated. Apparently this surgeon doesn't work on a calender schedule. Weird.

As for Jordon and the gf, she's pregnant with her ex's baby. They're going to do a dna test after it's born to make sure. He's prepared to raise it though regardless of whose it is. I'm still hoping he'll come to his senses but I'm not seeing it happening any time soon unfortunately. It has disaster written all over it. She's too lazy and selfish to take care of a child so he'll be raising it. And that's the sad tale.

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://ndprairiegypsy.blogspot.com/
Etsy: PrairieGypsyCrafts
Jamestown, ND
Go to Top of Page

GinghamGirl
Schoolmarm

1409 Posts

Joyce
PE
Canada
1409 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2015 :  5:40:43 PM  Show Profile
Peggy Ann - you're right - but the problem is he's so busy working right now he's hardly home :D I'm thankful he works for a christian company that doesn't work Sunday's or we wouldn't be seeing him much over the next 2 months!

Heather - keep the pictures coming!! I LOVE them :) So beautiful!! I'm sorry you had a rough week too - but am thankful that your hubby is feeling better :) I'm sure the experience made you a stronger person!! (and farmgirl!lol!)

Shannon - praying. looking for the post with more info when you're able to.

Tammy - I've always wanted to spend some time in ND - I would honestly love to come spring clean for you :D I'm with you on reading - I don't watch TV. I LOVE reading...and if I'm not doing that I'm practising piano! My heart dropped when you said it's her ex's child. Such a complicated situation. I'm praying for you and Jordon. Hugs.

Today is my oldest child's birthday - Lily-anne turned 9. I can't believe it. I'm so sad...I so want more babies :) My husband has to work all day (4:30a - 9p) so she won't see him, but we still had fun. Her cousin came over, along with a friend, and they did crafts (she chose a chicken themed birthday) and I made cupcakes with little chickens nesting in straw. It was super fun to make them. This is my last week of spring break before teaching piano and the kids again. I'm hoping to relax and do somethings like crafts I've been wanting to do for some time.

Hugs to you all. Especially to those suffering right now. Thank you for sharing with us all so we can uphold you all in prayer.

Joyce Hein
Farmgirl Sister #6071
Go to Top of Page

cajungal
True Blue Farmgirl

2348 Posts

Houston Area Texas
2348 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2015 :  8:48:01 PM  Show Profile
I'm bummed that y'all haven't gotten the tea yet. I sent them last week!

My knee is doing better, I'm walking without a brace and actually have quite good range of motion in my knee. I've been doing stretches and exercises to strengthen it.

I've been thinking about all y'all.

Catherine
Sister #76 (2005)

Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2015 :  04:59:30 AM  Show Profile
Morning everyone! I am determined to have a wonderfully blessed day today! I woke up to the birds singing outside and my youngest singingn "Jesus Loves Me" in her crib! Is there any better way to wake up? Life here has been quite difficult... My oldest is really struggling with her foot. She hates having to wear the walking boot... It is irritating her ankle and heel. But it is better for her to wear that than surgery..l or a cast and crutches! I think she is just frustrated. Brad's grandfather died yesterday morning at 7:30. The hardest part is knowing he was not a believer! Due to money issues, we are not able to go up for the funeral, which has been really hard on some of the kids! Not to mention, my hubby has to be gone all of next week anyways due to school. We spent most of yesterday trying to keep busy, and then tears would come again. Brad's dad has still not been able to talk... He gets completely choked up! It is heart wrenching!

Catherine - I love your picture on your fridge! If I cdidn't think my kids would erase it or start drawing on everything, I would totally steal your idea! I think I might put it on a poster board instead. What a great reminder! And I am so glad your knee is doing so much better! What a blessing!

Joyce - I totally think you and your kiddos need to come for a visit! We can spring clean my house between cups of tea, and let the kids play :) happiest birthday to Lily-Anne! As I watch my oldest get bigger and older, I cannot help but catch my breath! She is eleven now! I'm not sure how I am going to handle it when. I don't have any more babies.

Heather - I absolutely love your pictures! Millie is my favorite I think! I just want to snuggle down in the hay with her! They are all beauties though!

PgTammy - while I wish Jordan would "wake up and smell the coffee" may I also say you have done an incredible job in raising him!?!? Any young man willing to raise someone else's child is pretty special! Often times even after folks are married, they are still unwilling to truly accept and raise their step children! If he is really going to raise that baby as his own, I think he deserves kudos for that.... Though I think he needs to ditch mom, lol. I'm so sorry to hear M is STILL waiting to get his surgery set up! The poor man is in pain and needs it! You would think they would pay attention! I am so sorry!

Well I need to go tackle today! The last couple days have been off for the kids school, so I want to try to catch them up today. Then this evening I might plant more seeds :)

~ Shannon

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2015 :  08:51:45 AM  Show Profile
Judy...you would have had to go back further than 4 pages to read about the GF being pregnant...Tammy told us that
probably around Christmas. My Oldest Son's Wife's little brother (in his early 20's)...girlfriend got pregnant and
they had been living together. So Ryan decided that he would man up and they would keep the baby (apposed to aborting)
which was an answer to my prayers. But after the baby was born...it became obvious that the child was black. Ryan is a
Swedish Blonde Skinny white guy and the Mother was white. Well come to find out it was the previous boyfriends child.
He was black. Ryan was so in love with this child however that he decided he would raise him as his own anyway. Well,
that all sounded well and good until the real father wanted parental rights and the girlfriend confessed that she slept
with the ex-boyfriend while her and Ryan were living together. After about nine months Ryan and his girlfriend split up
and I have lost track of what happened to the girlfriend and baby...but all that to say...those circumstances get pretty
muddied up when the ex wants parental rights. Knowing what I know...I just see Jordan and his girlfriend facing the same
type of heart-break. And unfortunately the child ends up the loser all the way around. ~ Don't worry Judy...spring will
come your way to stay...SOON!

Shannon...so sorry to hear that your husband's grandfather passed on. And also, it is very difficult when you know that
they aren't Christians. It just puts an entirely different slant on the funeral and how you personally look at their
death. It is so much easier when you know that you will see them again someday and you will have a sweet re-union in Heaven. That makes death something to celebrate then. It is probably better that you can't afford to attend the funeral...
but I understand the desire for closure. ~ I was glad to read this morning that you were determined to have a good
day despite your circumstances. Happiness is a Choice...that's for sure!!!

Prairie Tammy...you read like I do. I always have at least 3 books going at the same time and usually more. I also do
the same thing with craft projects...I like to keep life interesting and try not to get in ruts. It is just more
fun that way isn't it?

Catherine...I'm sure those tea pkgs will start rolling in this week. Can't wait to see what you sent!! It is fun to go
to the Mail Box expecting something besides bills and junk mail. The anticipation is half the fun. So, happy to hear that your knee is doing better. If you can put off surgery that is always a good thing.

Joyce...what is the Christian Company that he works for IF I might inquire? That is awesome that he gets Sundays off.
Praise The Lord that you have that one day that is Family Time. ~ I hope that Lily had a great birthday!!! We love to
Celebrate birthdays in our Family. It is always a big deal...a great Social time for us.

Last night I got Grandmama time...while Shane and Sadie went to a Movie. My Little Guy is really getting to be sooo
much fun. 2 more months and he will be 2. He can talk up a storm. He is now more into playing with his toys than
seeing what kind of trouble he can get into. Which makes it so much easier on Grandmama. LOL

Well, girls...I'm going to go check FB and then probably go back to bed for awhile. I got up early the last two
mornings and I'm needing more sleep. The stormy weather is suppose to start going away today and be back to 70's and
sunshine for a few days. My Fibro will be so thankful!!!!

Enjoy your day girls and do something to Celebrate LIFE!!! It's much to short to waste.

Hugs and Blessings,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Mar 25 2015 08:59:51 AM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page