Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2015 :  4:49:37 PM  Show Profile
Hello ladies,
good thing I don't have to talk for real. I woke up on Friday with no voice. Makes teaching quite interesting. Still don't have much of one today. But it could be worse. Today we are getting a beautiful day. It was near 60. I love it. I had some errands to do and found to my delight purple walking shoes. Since I my other ones were wore out and these were on sale...I was a happy lady.

Yes Peggy my bible study group has still been able to meet. WE are doing Jesus the One and Only by Beth Moore right now. I am loving what I am learning about my sweet Jesus.

I am still working on my crochet scarf. I have to be the slowest crocheter ever. But it is half down. Eventually I will make it to the end.
I just started reading Patsy Clarmont's new book you are more than you know. I always enjoy her.

well that is about it for Madame Butterfly. Hope yall are doing well.
Love and blessings
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Purple Skies
http://mypurpleskies.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

GinghamGirl
Schoolmarm

1409 Posts

Joyce
PE
Canada
1409 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2015 :  4:37:11 PM  Show Profile
Hello Porchies! It's been so long since I posted...thought I'd give you all a quick update :) Sabrina - thanks for letting us know how you're doing! I've been wondering how things are - praying for you :)

Things are really the same here - except, for now, reno's are done!! All that's left is two bedrooms (just painting and new carpets) and my parlour - that will be a bigger job, and one we'll do sometime next year. SO happy to have my kitchen all finished :) Oh - I forgot - Tammy asked for a pic of the pantry! I will try to do that soon. I don't have a cell phone, so I have to do the old fashioned way with my camera then uploading the old fashioned way :)

I was mentioning my sewing machine broke...the owner of the sewing store about 40ish minutes from here said that she has one there I can have for free :) It's an older one, probably won't last very long, but will last until I can purchase my new in in the fall! Very excited. Just need to find some time to get there now.

Our llamas are gone :( A lady came and picked them up - she wanted them for sharing purposes, so I'm sure they will be happy there. My lavender orpington chicks come next week, so I'm looking forward to that!

I had better go - three little munchkins to feed, laundry to put away, and I need to teach one student tonight piano. Hugs to you all!!

Joyce Hein
Farmgirl Sister #6071
Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2015 :  06:15:51 AM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
Morning to all: It's 9am here and I was up just after 8, got my hair in a towel and just ate cereal. Off to spend the day at the hospital. An annual VA checkup for Jim turned into a hospital stay and here's what I posted on Facebook, so just copied and posted here..

Jim is in Mission Hospital as of today. Yesterday was an annual physical at the VA which showed he had lost 20 pounds since the beginning of the year and a pint of blood.
A chest x ray showed fluid around his left lung. A mass behind his lungs showed thru a CT scan. it touches his heart, lungs and lymph nodes in his chest. A fluid sac outside the lung on his left side is pressing on his heart and might be drainage from the mass and if it breaks before they can take it out, might not be good. tomorrow he faces a draining of the fluid to test for cancer and a biopsy of the mass to test for cancer. Keep us in your thoughts and prayers.

So that's my day for today. So glad my sis in law lives here. She drove us up to the VA clinic yesterday and is driving me up today. Thanks for reading and send up a few words for us as God brings it to you.
A little song I remembered...

I know who holds the future and I know who holds my hand.
With God things don't just happen, everything by Him is planned..
So as I face tomorrow with it problems large and small..
I will trust the God of miracles .. give to Him my all!

Thomas Edison: "Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." :)
Go to Top of Page

GinghamGirl
Schoolmarm

1409 Posts

Joyce
PE
Canada
1409 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2015 :  08:23:17 AM  Show Profile
Patsy - praying for you.

Joyce Hein
Farmgirl Sister #6071
Go to Top of Page

Kirksmom71
True Blue Farmgirl

873 Posts

Mel
Dallas Texas
USA
873 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2015 :  08:34:25 AM  Show Profile
Sending prayers your way, Patsy.....so sad to hear this. :(

My best to all,
Mel
https://www.etsy.com/shop/KirksmomsKottage
http://www.pinterest.com/kirksmom71/
Sassy City Girl with Farmgirl Fantasies!
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2015 :  09:31:36 AM  Show Profile
Sweet Patsy - sending many petitions up to our Heavenly Father!

~ Shannon

http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2015 :  10:33:16 AM  Show Profile
Good morning gals! I was just getting on to request Prayer for Jim and see that patsy already did. She called me after she got home late last night and told me what she knew and what they were going to do. He's been sick off and on all winter. He just thought it was a flu that wouldn't let go. It got worse when she was up here last month visiting all of us up here.
I Pray that God gives the doctors knowledge/wisdom to know what to do for my poor Brother. He's not just a B.I.L....I met him when I was 14.... I'm 60...ya...he means a lot to me! I can say that with a big, aching heart to you gals because I'm sure some of you know what that feels like. To me it feels like real, blood-kin is hurting.... and I hurt too. He's the only brother I've ever had. Patsy and I always wanted a BIG brother. We always joked with Mama about having a big brother for us (after) we were here. We all got a giggle outta that!
So please Pray with us that they can Mend Jim and make him his ornery, spunky self again!
Thanks Sistas!
Love Yuns!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"
"The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it is on my list!"
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2015 :  1:26:29 PM  Show Profile
Patsy just texted me finally. They're pretty sure it's cancer, they just don't know what kind!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

GinghamGirl
Schoolmarm

1409 Posts

Joyce
PE
Canada
1409 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2015 :  2:48:39 PM  Show Profile
:( Praying for Patsy and Jim.

Joyce Hein
Farmgirl Sister #6071
Go to Top of Page

cajungal
True Blue Farmgirl

2348 Posts

Catherine Farmgirl Sister #76
Houston Area Texas
2348 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2015 :  8:43:38 PM  Show Profile
Hey y'all,

Sorry I haven't been around. We took a quick trip to Louisiana to to some site seeing. My son-in-law was interested in seeing where I grew up, in New Iberia, home of Tabasco. We crammed into those few days as much as we could...antebellum homes, Evangeline's Oak, swamp tour, Tabasco factory, Jungle Gardens, and even saw some family. And, of course, had some incredible food.

My knee was getting better and then, the morning we were leaving for Louisiana, I tripped over a tree root and re-injured it. I was in pain the whole trip but I didn't want to be a party pooper. So, I just wrapped it and wore a brace and moved very slowly. I think it weakened my knee even more and the day after we came home, I was trying to put on a shoe and POP, injured even more. This has been more pain than the first time I injured it. UGH!!!

I'm praying for you, Patsy and Jim.

All y'all's little tea packages are ready to be mailed. Hopefully, one of my kids will be available tomorrow to drive me to the post office.

I was wanting to send rosemary rootings to all y'all. But, my knee has kept me from getting in the dirt. I'll send those later in the year.

Catherine
Sister #76 (2005)
One of the best compliments from one of my daughters: "Moma, you smell good...like dirt.

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2015 :  12:14:12 AM  Show Profile
Oh, Patsy and Judy...didn't we just do this with your Mama??? My heart is breaking and aching for you!!!
I am soooooooooooooo very sorry that you have to endure this again girls!!! You know that we will ALL hold
you up in our prayers and be here for you to share and vent and cry and all those things that come with the
"C" Word. May God strengthen and uplift you and walk this road with you again. Take His hand and hold on
tightly. He will never leave you nor forsake you!!!

Love, Prayers and Shared Tears,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Dec 2011-Farmgirl of the Month
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

Don't allow others to steal the Glitz from your *SPARKLE*

Life is too short to knit with ugly yarn!

Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch

Edited by - LadyInRed on Mar 13 2015 12:16:29 AM
Go to Top of Page

Sobyn
True Blue Farmgirl

752 Posts

Sabrina
Kansas
USA
752 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2015 :  07:02:47 AM  Show Profile
Hey all, just wanted to check in. It has been busy trying to adjust. My husband is a huge help around the house luckily so I haven't had to do much the last few weeks but as the mom there is still always something needing your attention so I haven't had time for much extra with taking care of baby and trying to rest. My mom was here this past week and I tried to get back to more normal activity and think I overdid it a bit. Plus baby didn't sleep as well the past few days. Hubby goes back to work Monday so it will be back to just me and the kids, I will probably be pretty sporadic on here for a while until things calm down a bit more. Hope you are all doing well.

Praying for Patsy and Jim.

Hope to catch up more soon!
Sabrina

Farmgirl Sister #3275
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2015 :  10:00:26 AM  Show Profile
Aw, Judy, Patsy and Jim...continued prayers for all of you. You know the Farm girls love all of you.

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2015 :  7:21:59 PM  Show Profile
Judy - I'm keeping you in my prayers girlfriend. I'm so sorry you're having more heartache.

Sabrina - As organized as you are, you'll have things down pat in no time. Take care of yourself though!

My week has been eventful but nothing in comparison to others here. I cracked a tooth Tuesday night and had to have it extracted Thursday. I knew there were 2 more that needed to come out and she said there might be a forth, depends on what she finds when she starts to work on it. I was really worried that I would be able to go with M* to his EMG appt today but thankfully I'm feeling little discomfort so I was able to go.

Peggy - You've mentioned Daphne's Diary a couple times so I picked up a copy while we were at Barnes & Noble (first trip there in a year). I also picked up "Straw Bale Gardens Complete" by Joel Karsten. I think we'll try the straw bales this year for gardening. The book has different designs to contain the bales so they're not noticeable or as noticeable. I also bought myself a pair of cowgirl boots (finally!) Am official now? LOL I tried to find some items for summer but just could not find anything I liked, or if I did they didn't have it in my size.

Well I'm going to make myself a cup of tea and then head to bed. My tooth site was throbbing a little bit early this morning and I didn't get back to sleep.

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://ndprairiegypsy.blogspot.com/
Etsy: PrairieGypsyCrafts
Jamestown, ND
Go to Top of Page

mbenton16
True Blue Farmgirl

206 Posts

Maryellen
Stanfield North Carolina
USA
206 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2015 :  8:29:14 PM  Show Profile
Praying for you girls. How sad to hear! Such a difficult time. Hugs, Maryellen

Maryellen Benton
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2015 :  8:52:00 PM  Show Profile
Thank you soooo much for all the encouragement gals!
I appreciate you all so much!
Jim came home today and he and Sis are trying to rest.
He has a doctor apt Tuesday to find out what the care-plan is.
I can't believe they wouldn't tell them what all they found in the ct scan.
They have to wait to see the C.doc for that. Crazy!
G'nite gals! I'm tired! Enough for one day!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2015 :  04:48:13 AM  Show Profile
Good morning dear sisters! My heart is heavy for many of you this morning, but I know our Father hears our cries and prayers! Continuing to pray for you Patsy, Jim, and Judy! I am so sorry you have to wait until Tuesday to get more answers! I can o not imagine how frustrating that in itself is!

Catherine - oh your knee sounds painful! With it being worse now, are you going to get it checked? Glad you had a good visit with family, though!

PGTammy - tooth extractions just sound excruciating! Hopefully it is feeling better! How did the EMG go?

Joyce - sorry to hear that your llamas are gone. I'm sure your hubby is looking forward to not chasing them, lol. What day do your chicks get there? And I am glad to hear I am not the only old fashioned one without the cell phone ;)

Sabrina - DON'T overdo! (coming from a momma of six that always overdoes!). Glad to hear how supportive your hubby is and how well things went with your mom there. Maybe wee one didn't sleep because he could feel the tension with you, regarding the upcoming changes? Praying this next week actually surprises you with how smoothly it goes!

Things here have been pretty routine. I did decide to pull my 6 year old from speech therapy. We had a really good therapist up until the last month. This new one is horrendous! She treats my daughter like a two year old... Talking to her like I speak to my twenty month old! The sessions are more a play time then a time to work. Then to top it off, she is teaching her how to say words the slang way or how "people say them" rather than the correct English way! Ummmmm I don't think so! I tried adddressing it with her, and that didn't go well, so I spoke with my daughter's pediatrician and she and I agree I can do just as well myself, at home! The sad thing is, my daughter was THRILLED not to go back! Mind you, when she graduated from OT and PT, she cried! And when her old speech therapist left, she cried!

Today is going to be a rough one I think! We have been raining since at least two this morning. That was when my fibro woke me up. I hurt so bad and am so tired! Unfortunately, going back to bed is not an option around here! Too many kids and too much to get done. So I will probably pretty slow today! I think my worst areas are my hips and lower back, and my neck! Which with the latter, it means I have a headache as well! But I know the Lord will provide!

~ Shannon

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2015 :  11:50:45 AM  Show Profile
Good Late Morning My Porchies...

Had a date with my Lil Man last night!!! He is the Joy of My Heart...as if you didn't already know. LOL
We have so much fun together!!! It was my youngest sons 29th Birthday. They had a Friends Birthday Party
for him at a Restaurant in Portland. Tonight is the All Family Party...but I woke up in such Fibro Pain
(heavy rain today and tomorrow) that I just called him and told him I was going to have to stretch his
birthday out until next week. We will take them out to dinner, just the 5 of us. Which will give me time
to feel better. Sunny all day next week...so I shouldn't be Fibro Flaring. He was good with that!!!

Shannon...your description of your fibro is exalting how I am feeling today. But mine travels all over. I
do not know how I would manage if I had 6 kids, pregnant and could sleep when I needed to. I'd probably
just roll over and die. LOL No, just joking but seriously I applaud you girl...I just couldn't do it. I
think I would be giving orders from a bed on the sofa. ~ Sounds like your speech therapist would be better
with very very young children. I wish I would have paid closer attention last night to the news because
they showed a mother who developed her own speech therapy video's to teach either her son or little brother...
and they are so astoundingly good and have gotten such great results that even Professional Speech Therapists
and Schools are using them....with amazing results...and much faster than normal.

Judy...My hubby just had a CT Scan on Wed. and we won't know the results until next week either. It is just
standard prodical. Frustrating but normal...as I am sure you know having gone through all this with your
sweet mama. Our hearts our heavy for all of you!! My hubs little brother is going through the same thing but
his was stage 4 upon discovery. But with surgeries and regular Cancer Treatment and Experimental Treatments he
has lasted 4 years longer than we all thought he would. I guess you call that living...I'm not so sure.
Don't think I could put myself through all that...but then I know we all have to make that call for ourselves.
Keeping you ALL in prayers.

Prairie Tammy...Oh, bad teeth are not fun to deal with. Praying you don't have to have all 4 pulled. ~ Let me know
how you like the Daphne's Diary. I love all the Ephemera...so pretty and fun little projects in each magazine...even
though I refuse to cut things out of mine. I want them all pristine and perfect. I read them over and over with a
cuppa Tea and just thoroughly enjoy them. ~ Also, I have a young gal in my Bible Study Group who did two bales of
the Straw-gardening last year and she really liked that method. Worked well for her and her family. She didn't try
to hide them or fancy them up at all...and she has a lovely back yard. Everyone who saw them either knew what she
was doing or they were very curious and they became a conversation piece as well.

Maryellen...glad to see you are still lurking. I think you must be a woman of few words. LOL Come on...jump in and
keep sharing about yourself girl.

Sabrina...hope you had a great visit with your mom. It is also nice that your DH is such a big help. Dads are basically
so much better at being active with the kids these days and helping around the house. I think my generation was the
last generation that still had men who only saw themselves as the Bread Winners and virtually did nothing once they
came home from work. And we spoiled them by waiting on them hand and foot. I raised my boys differently than that
believe you me. I was determined that their wives (IF they married) were going to have helping men. I made all 3 of
my boys take Home Ec. In School both cooking and sewing. Plus at home. And they each were taught to do their own
Laundry by 4th to 6th grade. All three of my sons are great cooks, house-keepers and great dads. Except my single
son who has no children. I even made my husband learn to wash his own clothes. He does a terrible job...and none of
us ever wanted him to do us a favor by throwing our clothes in with his...because he ruined a few favorite articles
of our clothes. LOL But doing his own Laundry is the only thing my husband does around here. Its pathetic but I can
only blame myself for spoiling him...and waiting on him hand and foot.

OK...I can't sit any longer...my hips and back are screaming at me.

Have a Wonderful Weekend Girlies.

Hugs and Prayers and Blessings,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Mar 14 2015 12:35:50 PM
Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2015 :  12:04:04 PM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
UPDATE:
You all touched me with your words of comfort. Can hardly see the page to write this. Thank you all for your prayers and concerns.
Jim had to stay 2 nights. I spent the 2nd one with him. They woke him up every 2 hours to take blood pressure or weigh him (really?!), or take temperature etc...which I thought was rude to say the least. Needless to say, last night we slept like bricks here at home in our bed with no one "taking his vitals".
The docs took out the fluid and biopsy out in one puncture in the chest.(Isn't that great?)They took out half a liter of fluid. We have an appt on Tues the 17th, here in town at the cancer center and THEN they will tell us all and form a plan. ( I really HATE being in the dark, but they said until they test that fluid from his lungs with all the colored dyes, they won't know til Tues)

It is so good to know that we are on church prayer chains and even my truck driving son said he had a preacher friend who put us on the prayer list at their church. Jim is in good spirits, eating well and in no pain and on no drugs.. yet.. that's why this is all such a mystery. Keep holding us up..

Thomas Edison: "Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." :)

Edited by - craftbug on Mar 14 2015 12:50:11 PM
Go to Top of Page

Kirksmom71
True Blue Farmgirl

873 Posts

Mel
Dallas Texas
USA
873 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2015 :  12:18:21 PM  Show Profile
Thanx for the update on Jim, Patsy. You know we will all be praying extra hard on Tuesday! Good to hear you are on the church prayer chains. The more the better. Kudos to your son for tapping into his preacher friend for his churchs' prayers. Best that they have all the information before setting down to form a plan...that's a good thing, although frustrating.

Judy...thinking of you also........know that you are so very involved in all of this. Be comforted in the thought that Mama is watching down upon all of you and sending good vibes.

My best to all,
Mel
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2015 :  12:41:21 PM  Show Profile
Patsy...thanks for the UPDATE. So glad that you and Jim got some good rest last night. Hospitals are
no place to get rest that is for sure. I can't believe they weighed him every two hours...seriously?
Geesh...he isn't loosing weight that fast is he? Also, very glad to hear that he isn't in pain. That is a
great blessing!!! And yes, Prayer Chains Everywhere...are such a comfort and help. There is Power in prayer and We Know that!!!

Ok...hope to hear from you late Tuesday or Wed. for a further update. Keep Strong and Let God be your
Refuge!

Mel...Hi!!!

Love and Blessings,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Mar 14 2015 12:43:11 PM
Go to Top of Page

Kirksmom71
True Blue Farmgirl

873 Posts

Mel
Dallas Texas
USA
873 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2015 :  9:19:34 PM  Show Profile
Hi Peg....I think maybe they were weighing Jim to see if he was building up fluid again. Sure it was the least invasive way to do that, though intrusive as far as not being able to actually get any sleep. No sleep was probably the last thing they were worried about.

My best to all,
Mel
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2015 :  10:03:11 AM  Show Profile
Oh, Thanks Mel...that makes perfect sense now. I just couldn't figure that one out. (+:

Have a Great Sonday Everyone! May Papa God Smile down on YOU ALL!!!

Blessings, Prayers, and Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2015 :  11:49:02 AM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
Posted this on Facebook:

Jim has a rare form of Mesothelioma that is aggressive. Will be doing a pet scan. Docs are counseling on Thursday to discuss best form of treatment. Possible surgery to remove mass, possible lung removal.. another wait and see. Thank you for your prayers, it is so comforting to know that you are. Keep on.. will post new updates as I know anything.

Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2015 :  11:56:06 AM  Show Profile
Many many prayers going up!!!!! (((hugs))) sister! <3

~ Shannon

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page