Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2015 :  2:37:20 PM  Show Profile
Patsy - I love Jim's sense of humor!!! Is Jason your son? Sorry - not up on all the names, lol. I debated going back and reading, but errrr the thought of over 500 pages of reading kinda makes me tentative ;) My son definitely needs encouragement! Not sure if I posted it on here, my he told his Grammy he was saved - and she told him he didn't need to be saved and that there are no right or wrong religion or beliefs as long as you are a "good" person... that if you are raised to worship cows instead of Jesus, that it was fine with God! Since then, he has almost reverted to his old self! I'm struggling - I really am! I hate doubting his salvation, but that is exactly what I am doing right now!

Well I got the seedlings into the ground, as well as my herbs. I only had two pepper plants survive - out of 11!!!!!! I'm hoping my tomatoes survive being transplanted. some look a little sad!!! I just took the clothes off the line. I finished up the kids' school with them. I haven't worked on my binder, but I did work on the penpal program I am in charge of, for HSAMF (Homeschool Association for Military Families). I have about 200 kids in it right now!!! I have to pair them up with one another, with the same gender, similar age, and similar interests. I have 64 kids I am working on pairing right now. Then the parents have to agree. I managed to get about half of them e-mailed today.

Continuing to pray Patsy <3

~ Shannon

http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2015 :  3:16:21 PM  Show Profile
Hi ladies -

Just a quick stop to let you know that you tea packets are going out on Monday. Sorry they are going out late - I really wanted you to get them before Easter, but somehow life keeps getting in the way. You're tucks are similar, but not all the same - a couple of items I only found in 10 packs, so did something a little different for a couple of packets.

Crazy busy here both at home and at work. I had my Mom living with me all winter, which was both a blessing and a little difficult. I've lived alone for so many years, and my apartment isn't very big, but it all worked out. She wanted to go home for the summer, so I took her back last week. We'll see how she does on her own. If she isn't doing well there, I'll bring her back here permanently.

Hugs,
Luanne

beekeepersgirl #691

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.

My blog: finallyafarmgirl.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2015 :  5:56:26 PM  Show Profile
Hi Gals, Loved all the pics Heather. Are all those preggo Moms done now? I'm sure it's a stressful time of year when they're calving.
Shannon, I too was happy to hear about your son getting saved. Is it your mom or hubby's mom trying to rain on the parade.' She needs a 'good shakin.' (don't make me come down there...ANDDD...put my hands on my hips)
Actually both of my tag-lines pertain here! *giggle* I feel sorry for any adult leading a child astray! What church taught them that? grrrrr.....
*whew....ok....off my soapbox*...maybe....
Keeping ya'll in my Prayers Gals! Love yuns!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"
"The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it is on my list!"
Go to Top of Page

Sobyn
True Blue Farmgirl

752 Posts

Sabrina
Kansas
USA
752 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2015 :  04:58:57 AM  Show Profile
Hi ladies,

Just a quick check-in while I have two free hands! I am still fighting this horrid infection. I'm having to go to the doc daily-I'll spare you the details about what he does but it is painful and quite annoying (not to mention time consuming). Luckily hubby was able to take me all last week. This coming week my in-laws will be here but I still have to go to the doctor, at least I will have babysitters! Having to ask friends to drive me though (I am not comfortable driving down to the hospital because of the traffic plus I'm in a lot of pain when it is over). I will probably not be online this week since they will be here. Hopefully when I come back I am done with this infection! Unfortunately my milk supply seems to be dwindling so we are going to supplement with formula after feedings. I figure that is understandable considering everything my body is going through. I also am thinking this will be out last baby so thinking this is the last time I'll nurse a baby is a bit hard, on the other hand I never really liked breastfeeding (and it certainly hasn't been kind to me) so part of me is relieved!! I'm just a bag of mixed emotions right now!!

I'm still reading the posts and praying for all of you. Hopefully in the near future I'll be able to be more active here again. Once the inlaws leave and I'm all healed we will be working on getting back on a good routine with school, housework and everything!

Sabrina

Farmgirl Sister #3275
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2015 :  06:20:56 AM  Show Profile
Luanne - Your mom is really blessed for you to be willing to take her into your home! So many people would not do that! I am pretty sure my dad is in the beginning stages of Alzheimers... not sure how we are going to handle it yet! There is no way my mom will be able to handle it, but there are already 8 of us living in a 3 bedroom 1400 square foot house with another one the way.... i don't see my siblings able or willing to do too much to help, so I'm really not sure....

Judy - thank you for giving me a delightful laugh. I needed that this morning! It is actually my hubby's mom. It is really a weird situation... That is his mom's standpoint, whereas his dad tells us we are going to Hell because we are not Catholic... And the two are still married and living together.... just a weird situation!

Sabrina - my heart hurts for you! I am so sorry you are going through all of this! I can only imagine what they are doing to you! Try to enjoy your time with your inlays! Praying the visit is a great one - helpful, refreshing, and a joyful visit! I'm going to try to get a letter in the mail to you soon :)

Today is a rainy stormy day here. My body hurts and my allergies are high. BUT I have lots to do! I want to finish my binder, help Katie get her apron made, make my items for the tea swap, and work more on the penpal stuff that I've been working on. If it quits raining long enough later, I think I'll try getting my beans planted. I also need to start more pepper plants. Oh and I want to decide what other herbs I want to grow this year. If I have time, i need to plan more the kids' school as well, so it is ready when the baby comes! I'd like to make something for this baby, but am not sure what! Suggestions anyone???

~ Shannon

Go to Top of Page

GinghamGirl
Schoolmarm

1409 Posts

Joyce
PE
Canada
1409 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2015 :  09:18:16 AM  Show Profile
Dear Sabrina - my prayers are with you. I hope you will be strengthened and encouraged as you walk THROUGH this valley.

Shannon - please do send me a snail mail!!! I LOVE getting lovely letters to read in the mail :) I'd love to make your sweet little on a crib quilt if you're OK with it!! I'd like to make it this summer after everything is over. Are you going with any particular colours in your room? Do you draw or pain? or cross-stitch? I think you could make a sweet drawing/painting to hang above their crib - or a cross-stitch announcing their birth?

Things are good here - I'm in the same boat as Shannon - working on my binder, crazy crazy schedule next week, working towards piano exams on my end - I have a written in May and a practical in June and then I will officially be done. This has been such a long road for me - I started when I was 5....and now I'm 33. When I'm done I will have the equivalent of a Bachelor's Degree through a specialized music school here in Canada. I'm just praying I pass these last two exams as they are SO difficult. That's probably my biggest stress right now...heaped with everything else on top right now :) But, God is good - and has so blessed us with beautiful sunny days. And, I know he's with me and on my side!

Have a wonderful weekend porchies :)

Joyce Hein
Farmgirl Sister #6071
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2015 :  09:59:14 AM  Show Profile
Hi My Porchies...Oh, I am so glad to see everyone chatting away on The Porch!! Does my heart good!

Shannon...Oh, my goodness, shame on Grandma!!! You will just have to teach your son that it takes more
than being "a good person" to be saved. God wants our love and obedience. I remember many years ago...
I was teaching Bible Studies to the kids in my Neighborhood and we had been learning about Jesus and
The Devil and how we have to choose who we wish to follow...and one little girl came to me while I was
out in my yard and said, "Miss Peggy...I don't know who to believe? Because my daddy says that there
is no devil or hell and I know my daddy would never lie to me. And I know that you say there is a devil
and hell and I know you wouldn't lie to me either. So who do I believe?" It is amazing how twisted the
truth can get when one person chooses not to believe What God Believes. So, my heart goes out to you.
I told the little girl...just to believe Jesus because he loves her even more than her daddy and I did.

Joyce...you will do great on your tests. If you are teaching already...that is an Ace in the hole. Just
don't let yourself be stressed over it because that kind of shuts the mind down and you can't think straight.
Breathe in and Breathe out and relax...and it will all come back to you. No, I'm not into Zen *giggle* but with my
Fibro...I have learned that relaxation techniques help with the stresses of life and the Fibro Fog.

LuAnne...Not to worry about the Tea Pkgs just because you couldn't get them out before Easter. We will
love whatever you sent us...I promise it will be delightful...and we will be excited to receive it.
I don't know why but I thought you lived with your boyfriend. That was nice that you took your mom in
for the Winter Months...you're a good daughter!! I could never take my mother in...we would probably kill
each other. I can't even talk to her once a week without getting off the phone in pure frustration.
I love when Mothers and daughters get along and have great relationships.

Sabrina...hope you are feeling better each day and that baby is doing well. Prayers for a speedy recovery.
And I hope your home is starting to smooth into the transitional norm for you.

Patsy...I continue to uphold you and your loved ones in prayer. I bet Jim will be happy to get back home,
as hospitals are no place to rest.

Judy...I can see you already with those hands on your hips (like two pistols) ready to chew grandma out for
leading her grandson astray. *giggle* As we Porchies are so fiercely protective of each other. LOL But I
think folding your hands in prayer this time...just might work better. If NOT then you can pull out those
big guns!!! *giggle-snort-giggle*

OK...girlies, I watched my little man last man last night and so Ganma needs to go back to bed for awhile.
I'm all pooped out.

Have a Beautiful Weekend My Porchies...and do something FUN!

Blessings and Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Dec 2011-Farmgirl of the Month
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

Don't allow others to steal the Glitz from your *SPARKLE*

Life is too short to knit with ugly yarn!

Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch

Edited by - LadyInRed on Apr 12 2015 03:29:10 AM
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2015 :  11:55:10 AM  Show Profile
hi sweet gals,
Just popping for a few minutes. I have had a busy week. WE had rain all week and then thunder snow. Yes you read that right. Snow and big flakes. When I left school, I have about 3 inches on my car. Yesterday was beautiful and the snow did green up the grass and things.

Was to FFA convention to see my sons get their awards and shed a few tears as it is their last one. I was so proud of them up on stage together and being such good leaders for their chapter and of course their dad being their advisor as well. I have been busy getting graduation announcements in order. That will be here in about a month. It seems like everything is moving fast around here.

Patsy praying for yall. So sorry to hear this news but I know God will be with you all.

Sobyn hope things are better for you.

Peggy praying for your stepson. Times like that are so hard.

Well ladies, that is about all for now. I must get back to laundry.
love to you all,
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Purple Skies
http://mypurpleskies.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2015 :  7:15:52 PM  Show Profile
Hopefully I've caught up on reading the back posts

Joyce - Your pantry and home is beautiful! I wish mine was that clean and organized.

Catherine - I finally got the the post office and got my tea. Can't wait to try it.

Shannon - I envy you already having your plants out. It will be a while yet. I still need to get my beds made (sigh).

Patsy - I'm so sorry about Jim's prognosis. I agree, if he's ready then that's what's important. I'll keep you all in prayer.

Heather - What beautiful babies your having! Makes me miss visiting my Uncles' farms in the spring when I was young.

Sabrina - sorry about how much pain this is causing. I'll keep you in prayer.

Matt made it through surgery great. I stayed at the hospital with him. In fact he was doing so well they let him out Thursday instead of Friday. I couldn't believe after a 3 hour surgery they let him out in less than 24 hours. It definitely threw my plans in a tizzy. I didn't get any of my shopping done in Fargo that I'd wanted to do. He's got what he refers to as his "zipper", which is about 3.5" long opening on the front of his neck that's glued. Thankfully the rigid neck brace is open in that area so it doesn't rub the wound. He's done really well with meds and only takes 1 Percoset every 5 to 6 hours instead of 1 to 2 every 4 hours. Unfortunately he's already bored and we have 6 weeks left before he can go back to work. I haven't been in a hospital in years and found it really awesome they have monitors like airports do where you can monitor what's going on from arrival to recovery. I knew when the surgeon started closing and when he'd been moved to post-op.

I'd hoped to finish up the baby blanket while he was in the hospital but didn't get a chance to touch it. I was too anxious to work on it while he was in surgery so I read instead. I finished "A Fresh Start" by Trisha Grace. Amazon had Courtlight Series Boxed Set for free the other day so I downloaded and read the first book so far. It was described as a cross between Harry Potter and Twilight. I'm not really seeing the comparison other than it has magic. No vampires so far though. The first book wasn't bad though so I'll continue with the series. I was wanting to read something from my to read shelf that was light last night and read "The Little Amish Matchmaker" by Linda Byler. Cute story and a quick easy read.

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://ndprairiegypsy.blogspot.com/
Etsy: PrairieGypsyCrafts
Jamestown, ND
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2015 :  09:41:35 AM  Show Profile
Good morning everyone! Hoping life is treating you well! Things here are going pretty well. We had our first OB appointment today :) Yup - at 21 weeks! Everything looks great :) The doctor thinks it is a girl, but we will find out for sure next week on the 22nd. I'm thrilled everything looks good :) Due to the excessive amount of scar tissue I have, from two c-sections and my adrenalectomy, I'm not feeling the baby as much... but the baby is apparently extremely active and looking great :) Hubby starts his crazy new schedule tomorrow :/ I'm really not sure how it is going to go! I'm worried, but am sure it will be alright. I still need to plant my bean seeds... and probably a few more herbs as well. Rumor has it that down here I can actually plant pepper seeds right into the ground... I'm going to try!

Joyce - Oh my goodness you are so incredibly sweet! I would be blessed if you were to make a crib quilt for the wee one! We have never been real color or theme oriented for the little ones! Though with my oldest I was adamant that I wasn't going to do pink and frilly for her - my MIL had different ideas, and I found that I liked the modge podge. I do do some cross stitch.... I might see what I can get made.... As far as your exams - you are going to blow them out of the water! Music is your life... it is part of who you are... second nature. I'm sure you are going to do phenomenal, and then we will have a huge celebration here on the porch :)

Peggy - I so know what you mean regarding not being able to get off the phone without being frustrated!!!! I have that same issue!!!! My parents disapprove of much of my life... they hate that I do not work outside the home, that I homeschool, that we live a more simple life. They think we are going backwards.

TeaTammy - thunder snow??? That sounds absolutely awe-striking! I love thunder storms - there is something so powerful about them. But I have never been blessed to see thunder snow! Hopefully we will see it one day! (((hugs))) as you go through this growing stage of seeing your sons begin the next chapter of theirs!

PGTammy - So glad Matt's surgery went to well! Definitely praying his recovery is quick! 6 weeks seems like such a long time! Time off from work here always seems to fly past! Hard to believe we just had a weekend - I swear it does not feel like we had any days off as a family! We did make it to a StingRay game Saturday night (ice hockey). The sting rays won 3-0. My oldest was terribly upset about it because they hadn't let the other team get even one point. i couldn't help but laugh! :) I tried explaining that everyone was happy because our team won... but she was concerned about the other team, lol.

Well, we need to head to more appointments - my youngest has therapy and then my middle son has an eye appointment!

~ Shannon

Go to Top of Page

kymomma4
True Blue Farmgirl

516 Posts

RoDonna
Frankfort Kentucky
USA
516 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2015 :  8:19:02 PM  Show Profile
Good evening Porchies!! A nice rain just came through. Smelled so good. I think most people around here are done with rain for a few days. We had some major storms come through here last week. The little creek down the hill turned into a small river for the day, the Little Kentucky river turned into a big KY river, and the Big KY river got bigger. It was wild. Some roads in Louisville were under water for a few days, some washed away, and the Belle of Louisville (the steamboat) didn't even touch the dock. It's amazing what rain can do. Thank goodness for God's promise. So while it rained I planted some seeds in small cups and placed in the window and worked on some swaps while I let the kiddos have a "Spring Break". Though they did work on their math.

Shannon- I so know how you feel with the way your family thinks of you homeschooling and living simply. DH's family thinks I'm nuts. I'm nothing like them, total opposite. I think that's why his late father liked me. I'm a country girl and I do things the old fashioned way. MIL is coming around. She sees the changes in my kids since I took them out of public school. Although it's little changes. It may take a while to get all the PS out of them though. When are you due?

TeaTammy- I would rather have to deal with snow than being in part of the country that has tornadoes. My nerves are always shot when big storms come. I don't mind the thunder and lightening it's just the other possibilities. Ugh! I homeschool but I wish they would let my kids join FFA. They're not old enough as of yet.. I've tried talking to them about it. There are a lot of homeschoolers that are farm kids. Maybe one of these days. lol

Sabrina- hope you feel better soon!!

So I'm wanting to learn to make soaps. Anyone on the porch make soap? Is it hard? I know that it's some work but I'm willing to learn.

Well ladies, I guess I will get off for now. It will be bedtime soon!!!

RoDonna

Farmgirl #2361
"Blessed is the farmgirl who helps make the world a better and healthy place" ~ Me

"For she is clothed with dignity and strength and without fear of the future"-Proverbs 31:25
www.marykay.com/rcarson4
www.pinterest.com/kymomma4
www.facebook.com/onthehomestead
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2015 :  01:00:58 AM  Show Profile
Hi My Porchies...

My oh My...They say that trouble comes in three's and I'm guessing they are right...who ever "they" are!
As you know my husbands brother died last week from his cancer...and that was hard because he was the youngest
in the family. Now his sister has only days to live. The Dr. doesn't think she will make it past Wednesday.
And Daniels Trial is the third thing. All very life changing events. ~ We went up to see Charlene today and
say our goodbyes and we prayed over her...with her husband Costas. We are probably closest to Charlene than all
the siblings. It was hard to see her all shriveled up, her head fallen to her chest and not really coherent at all.
Cos thinks she took a turn for the worst Saturday. He had told her Friday that her brother died and we think
that was just too much for her to bare. But who knows for sure. There oldest son comes in tomorrow from Florida
and the other son lives here and he was with his dad at the Hospital. Charlene was my favorite sister in law.
I will hate to see her go. But mom and Doug are already there waiting for her...and I we will be all happy to
know she is no longer in pain and suffering. So...my poor husband looses two siblings in a week and a half. That
is hard on him. Life can really stretch us sometimes. I am glad that God is in control.

RoDonna...We are kind of tired of the rain here too. But we do have some sunshine on the horizon and back up to
70 degree days. Can't wait!!! Glad to have you on The Porch today.

Shannon...yeah, that phone frustration gets old after awhile doesn't it. My mom's and my problem is she is a Control
Freak and knows everything...and has a habit of making every one else feel stupid. Now that my dad is gone, and my
two siblings are gone all she has is her sister and me to torment. LOL And I figure she is so ornery that she will
out live both of us too. She has out lived all her family and friends. I love my mom because she is my mom...but
that is all. I call her once a week and listen to her talk for a couple hours and feel lucky if I actually got to
contribute anything to the conversation. She wants me to call her daily but I just can't go there.

P.G. Tammy...glad Matt is doing so well after surgery...but boy is it going to feel like a looooooooooooong 6 weeks
at your house isn't it? You both might need a separate vacation after that much togetherness. LOL

Teacher Tammy...wow, does the school year seem to be flying by for you? I'm sure you did shed a few tears over their
FFA Award Ceremony. And I'm sure you will shed a few more at Graduation and then when they head off to College. Hang
in there though...raising strong young men has it's Motherly Rewards that last a Life Time. ~ Thanks for your continued prayers for my step-son.

Judy and Patsy...still praying for Jim and quality time together. Remember in the future...that you will have a Life
Time of Wonderful Memories to bolster you up. God's Love, Faithfulness and Gentleness wrap around your shoulders and
hearts.

OK...I'm emotionally drained and headed to bed.

May God's Abundant Blessings Be Upon You ALL,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2015 :  03:46:58 AM  Show Profile
Morning porchies! Yup - no "good" from me this morning. Had a really hard night! My youngest two didn't sleep well at all, and I didn't either. My best friend's dad had open heart quadruple bypass surgery the other day. He is doing well except having difficulty breathing. Then yesterday afternoon, I found out they are looking for cancer with my dad... They checked him about a year ago for esophageal cancer, which his cousin had died from last spring... They both drank contaminated water at Camp Legune during the Vietnam War... Ummmm yeah another way our vets were injured during that time... Think Agent Orange as well. Anyways, due to his symptoms they are thinking he has cancer that has metastasized... We will hopefully know more on Thursday afternoon.

RoDonna - so lovely to see you! Sorry to hear of all the rain! We are getting spurts, and seem to always flood diwntown, but we are not doing too bad. With that said, though, we are suppose to rain all week. My chickens might need to griw some waddled feet ;) as far as tornadoes.... I have kinda guven up in worrying about those... Seems to just be the norm around here. But i am with you - i would much rather snow! I am due in August.... Around the 23rd.

Oh Peggy! The draining that you are going through! I am so sorry! God seems to really be stretching our porchies right now! And your poor hubby! What a burden he is caring, between his siblings and his son! Continuing to lift you all up!

Well I need to get a quick shower so I can get my kiddos up. Much love and many prayers for each of you!

~ Shannon

Go to Top of Page

GinghamGirl
Schoolmarm

1409 Posts

Joyce
PE
Canada
1409 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2015 :  06:35:09 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning Porchies!
RoDonna - Oh dear!! I'm so thankful that you are OK, despite all the flooding. Isn't God's promise to us so comforting in times like these? I think you should talk to Rachell (Progressive Homemaker) about soap making. She gave me some advice to find some webpage - and then I searched and took out every book on soap making possible from the library and learned a lot from that. I still have to attempt it - but I'm going to do it this summer when things aren't so busy :)

Shannon - I'm so thrilled I get to do this for you :) I'll wait first to find out what you're having...and then I'll start on it in July! It won't take me long, once I'm on break from the kids' school and teaching piano. When are you due again? I'm praying for your dad.

PeggyAnn - oh dear. My heart goes out to both you and hubby - and I'm praying for you both. Big Hugs.

Hugs to you all :) Praying for each and everyone of you today :) Joyce

Joyce Hein
Farmgirl Sister #6071
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2015 :  09:00:42 AM  Show Profile
My goodness it is quiet on the porch again! I brought some tea and some gluten free coffee cake. I've been waiting one of those for awhile :) With my hubby's new work schedule, I'm finding myself with extra time on my hands... but the kids also have extra time, which means they are into more! I need to find them something structured to do!!! I'm looking forward to quiet time!!! I'm thinking that will be starting around 1230 now, as I get them up earlier. it usually started an hour later, but thy were getting up at least an hour later. I'm going to start having the older children work on something quietly in their rooms during that time.... finishing school, or reading a book... or even writing a letter, as they all have pen pals. I think I'll finish my binder during that time today, and then work on some homeschooling stuff. The rain here has been pretty consistent, with some heavy downpours. My poor chickens need to grow webbed feet ;) Well I'm going to go get them doing something before they drive me batty. The younger ones are really the ones who are not sure what to get into!

~ Shannon

Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

2991 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
2991 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2015 :  11:00:59 AM  Show Profile
Good afternoon to everyone. Thanks for the tea and coffee cake Shannon. I needed a little pick me up :)

I'm praying for all of you. It sure seems like everyone has something hard and trying going on in their life right now.

We're getting a lot of rain too. We really need to haul some manure so I'm hoping we can get about 3 or 4 days with no rain. That's not what is forcasted, but I'm hoping anyway. We've had a couple more calves and have another due any day now. We're not quite half way done Judy. They will be a lot more spread out though starting next month. I'll try to post pictures next time. Right now I need to switch the laundry and wash some dishes.
Big hugs to everyone!

~Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701
September 2014 Farmgirl of the Month
http://nndairy.blogspot.com/

"The purpose of life is to enjoy every moment" - Yogi teabag
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2015 :  1:31:28 PM  Show Profile
Big ((((Hugs)))) and Prayers going out to all of you, especially you and your hubby, Peg!
It just seems like a can of diseases has been opened and dumped on everyone we know doesn't it?
Love to all of you!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2015 :  2:01:00 PM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
So glad God is in control too Peggy! big hugs and more prayer...

My oldest son Jason came over from Maryland Friday eve and stayed til Monday. He got the yard mowed.. yay! We enjoyed a week with my next to oldest son, Jared, before that. He helped us get a new couch and burn up the old one.

Jim went to Asheville VA on Monday for follow up and I guess leakage after pulling out the chest tube is still "normal" for next few days. Diaphragm is not working on one side, so very thankful other side is. After putting on a new bandage, picking up more bandages at the pharmacy, checking in at travel cashier, we killed 3 hours at the VA. So figure 3 hours total travel and we killed the whole day.
Cracker Barrel was wonderful on way home. Jim relished his trout as it was grilled and tender. Almost forgot to say he gained 3 pounds and now weighs 127. woohoo!
We've been eating supper out on way home from those long road trips. Maybe it's helping.

Jim is feeling lousy this Wednesday for whatever reason. He got a fresh squeezed orange juice down this morning and just drank a fresh carrot juice and he finally went to the bathroom after 5 days, so hoping he perks up soon. He's on Oxycodone and laxative tabs. Guess his system is messed up royally.

My 2 daughters and their hubbies are planning on coming on May 1st with their kids (1 each) to stay for a week. Hope it's nice enough to set up my camper so they can stay in it. My youngest son is coming in on the 23rd of this month and staying 21 days. His poor wife couldn't come because to many people already taking leave at that time.

Keep on praying please and thank you for doing so. hugs

Thomas Edison: "Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." :)
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2015 :  6:45:27 PM  Show Profile
Hello My Porchies...

My SIL went home to be with The Lord this afternoon around 3:00 Pacific time. It was the very day the Dr.
said she would be gone. It amazing that they get that timing almost down to a science isn't it?
Her funeral will be on Monday I believe. My side of the family is weird but we don't do funerals...but my
husbands side does...so we will be attending that service.

Patsy...I am so glad that your kiddos are all making it home to be with Jim and You. We all need family to gather
close at times like this. They are such a comfort! I can't believe Jim only weighs 127 lbs. That is a low weight
for a man. Just know that you are in our thoughts and prayers dear sister.

Judy...you are right, it is like somebody opened deaths doors and many are being ushered in. All I can say is this...
from a dream I had when my MIL passed back in 2001..."Don't weep for me...for where I go Angels Sing!"

Heather...we will enjoy the upcoming photos. You must be very busy on your Farm girl!!! All the New Births would be
a pleasant experience over what some of us are going through lately.

Shannon...thanks for the Tea and Coffee Cake...I think I will sit and indulge. I am putting weight on this month just
stress eating...so, I'm glad this Virtual Food is Calorie Free!!! (+:

Off to try and think of something to fix for dinner. My husband won't be hungry and I will want to eat everything in site. LOL

Love, Blessings and Prayers,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

kymomma4
True Blue Farmgirl

516 Posts

RoDonna
Frankfort Kentucky
USA
516 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2015 :  8:15:34 PM  Show Profile
Oh Peggy, I'm so sorry for your loss. I will be praying for you and your DH. Your family isn't weird at all. We do funerals but after their buried we don't go back to the grave to visit. I guess we never saw a purpose in it. We believe they're not there anyway and they wouldn't want us to keep grieving.

Shannon, thank you for the coffee cake and tea. Tastes really good. I had birthday cake yesterday. It was my 40th birthday. My Mary Kay sisters got me cake and one gave me daisies in a hanging basket. I felt spoiled. Love those girls!! My dad was also in Viet Nam. The only thing he has really had to deal with so far is bad dreams and shrapnel that is still in his leg. It bothers him at times. I used to watch him get up at all hours like he had to use the bathroom when he was dreaming of the jungle. I never ask but I do listen when he talks. Thus, the life of a vet kid.

Heather, can't wait to see pics. I love calves. My DH wants to get a couple of calves. Hopefully next year.

Patsy, so glad to hear of all you babies coming home to visit. You've had a busy home. Will be praying for your husband.

Joyce, Thanks! I'll email Rachell. I've found quite a bit on Pinterest. I'm so addicted to that site. I find so much inspiration on there. Now if I just sit down and make some of it. LOL!

Well girls, I'm going to finish my tea and probably head off for bed. So much to do!! Have a great night and see you later on the porch.

RoDonna

Farmgirl #2361
"Blessed is the farmgirl who helps make the world a better and healthy place" ~ Me

"For she is clothed with dignity and strength and without fear of the future"-Proverbs 31:25
www.marykay.com/rcarson4
www.pinterest.com/kymomma4
www.facebook.com/onthehomestead
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2015 :  9:35:09 PM  Show Profile
Peg, I'm so sorry for your loss and I love what you said, "Don't weep for me, for where I go, Angels tread!"
That is beautiful! Thanks for that! Prayers for you and Hubby!
RoDonna, My Mama always said the same thing about not visiting the gravesite after people die..."There's nobody there, so why go?" So I'm that way too. I'm having enough trouble keeping up with the living!
(I hear my Sweet Mama giggling at me)
Happy Birthday RoDonna!
Shannon, I'm a big coffee cake fan. I enjoy cinnamon anything!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2015 :  12:26:57 AM  Show Profile
Judy...you gave me a good chuckle (and I needed it) it's "Don't weep for me...for where I go Angels Sing!"
They might be treading too, I don't know. LOL Love You! Leave it to Judy to turn a bad day into Laughter!

RoDonna...thank you! And I agree with never going to Grave Sites for the exact same reason. My family we tend
to Cremate and keep everything private. My kids think that is weird...but really it is just kind of how we were
raised. I go to a mega-church and 3/4ths of The Church doesn't even know me...so why would I want to do a funeral
or even a Memorial Service? That is great in small Churches where everyone knows you. I just want people to be
Happy, Celebrate the Living, and know I am in a better place and I'm Over Joyed to be there!!!

Thanks you two...
Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2015 :  09:16:33 AM  Show Profile
0000ps....leave it to me.
Request of my 'Prayer Warrior Sistas's' ....Grace(jims sis)and Patsy took Jim to V.A. this morning(unscheduled visit) because he can't eat and feels like there's a blockage. That's all I know for now. My Niece made the calls for them for Prayers. I wanted to put you on that 'Prayer Chain Gang' too. We need all the Prayers we can chain together.
Thanks! Love Yuns!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

GinghamGirl
Schoolmarm

1409 Posts

Joyce
PE
Canada
1409 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2015 :  10:25:54 AM  Show Profile
Patsy - please know that Jim is still in my prayers...and praying for you as well.

Peggy - I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm praying for your family as well.

Judy - thank you so much for letting us know - praying.

Things are busy here...but good :) We got 9 little Columbia Rock chicks that are about 1 week old that I'm busy with. The sun has been shining here...and I can't wait to put my laundry out! My favourite chore...well, besides feeding the animals :) Next week it's suppose to get to 20c...I can't believe it!!! I'm SO ready for the warm weather.

Have any of you purchased MaryJane's books? I'm SO SO SO SO SO SO excited!! My package came in the mail yesterday that I ordered. I ordered a starter kit - her budget mix, chili, gelatin and pasta. I'm going to use the pasta tonight with fish. I also got her milk cow book...eeks!!! I was in awe just looking at her lovely handwriting in MY name...she signed my book so beautifully. I shall treasure this book always! I can't wait to read it. My cup of tea this afternoon reading the book will be something I SO look forward too. And, I also got her calendar. I was just thrilled!! I found a special place for it in my kitchen. Today is, apparently, national wear your PJ's to work day. My husband wouldn't go for it :) He said that trucker's already have a bad rep for not looking clean and tidy, and he wasn't about to make it worse by wearing his PJ's! I had to laugh when he said that. I'm so excited about this calendar. The pictures are so beautiful and it fits in so well with my country kitchen decor. I also got a free magazine with my order. I felt so spoiled when I opened the package - it felt like Christmas :D Have any of you been to the farm? I told my hubby that Idaho isn't that far from BC...so I'm begging him to take me there this summer :)

Well, I better get back to washing floors and hanging laundry. Shannon - thank you SO much for the lovely coffeecake - it was delicious and just what I needed while I was catching up on the porch. I'm planning to make nanaimo bars this afternoon - and will make sure to leave some on the porch for everyone :)

God Bless!! Hugs to all :)

Joyce Hein
Farmgirl Sister #6071

Edited by - GinghamGirl on Apr 16 2015 10:28:15 AM
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2015 :  11:29:48 AM  Show Profile
Well, VA said for him to take Miralax powder. Clearing the bowels should help him breath better. What? Fine!
She said he's already taking a laxative/stool softener. Pain pills can constipate pretty badly, I know that from working in pharmacy for years.....moving on....
Sooooo, Joyce, you were blessed with a 'MaryJaneChristmasBox' eh?....good for you. Sounds like a blast, lots of fun browsing. Annnd.....you're going to make a nana....wait....what?

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page