Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2015 :  12:22:17 PM  Show Profile
Judy...Hospice had my sister taking Miralax too...it really does make a huge difference. And you are right
that pain meds cause lots of constipation. So, my sister had ended up with two trips to ER for blockage...once
she got on a daily routine of Miralax that problem was gone. I wish that your Sister didn't have to drive so far
for all Jim's VA stuff...but at least they are better than the VA here.

Joyce...sounds like a FUN Goody Box you got!!! I love boxes like that...that you just enjoy every little thing
you got. I got a surprise pkg. from a Farmgirl the other day...just a box to "Cheer Me Up" and boy did it ever!!!
This gal just seems to know what you need, when you need it and has a Huge Giving Heart.

I canceled my trip to see my Grand-daughters next week...I just feel like I can't be away from my husband that
long. In fact I feel like putting life on hold until after Daniel's Trial. I just so want this all behind us.
Us OLD people can't take all this stress. We are having gorgeous weather here for a week...and I'm in pain simply
from the Stress.

Have a Beautiful Day Girls...and find hope in the Simple Things In Life...Like Joyce hanging out her Laundry!
For me it is my daily walk and Photographing all my Neighbors beautiful, trees, flowers, and plants.

Love, Prayers and Sunshine,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Dec 2011-Farmgirl of the Month
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

Don't allow others to steal the Glitz from your *SPARKLE*

Life is too short to knit with ugly yarn!

Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2015 :  12:43:24 PM  Show Profile
Hi dear Porchies! Struggling today! My fiber is BAD today. And my dad had his x-ray today... we don't know anything yet. I know the VA Hospital tried calling his doctor right after they took the x-rays, but couldn't get ahold of her, so my parents left. I feel sick. I know normally they do not try calling the requesting doctor that quick unless something is wrong. Is it wrong to say I am too young to lose my dad? I'll be 36 tomorrow - and yet I feel like I am about to lose a part of me! I don't have the best relationship with my parents... I've never done anything right for them, or so it seems, but I would do anything for them! My kids absolutely adore their grandaddy! I'm just feeling seriously emotionally drained! My nurse brain is screaming that his symptoms are serious. But I'm trying to convince myself that surely "not my dad." But I also know that God has His hand on us all!

Praying for each of you in need of prayers!!!! <3

~ Shannon

http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2015 :  12:53:39 PM  Show Profile
Shannon...Scary times when you lose a parent...so I can understand your worry.
I am praying Peace over you today!!! And pray that you feel God's Presence and
comfort.

Love and Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

Kirksmom71
True Blue Farmgirl

873 Posts

Mel
Dallas Texas
USA
873 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2015 :  2:40:54 PM  Show Profile
Peg....prayers for you and hubby and your stepsons and his family.

Patsy and Judy......prayers for you and Jim! Hope he can get a handle with the Miralax.

Joyce....glad you are enjoying your MJF package. Hope you figured out the down time for the kids.

Thanx Shannon for the coffee cake and the tea....

My best to all,
Mel
https://www.etsy.com/shop/KirksmomsKottage
http://www.pinterest.com/kirksmom71/
Sassy City Girl with Farmgirl Fantasies!
Go to Top of Page

GinghamGirl
Schoolmarm

1409 Posts

Joyce
PE
Canada
1409 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2015 :  3:59:52 PM  Show Profile
Shannon - dear sister - I'm praying for you!! I hope the pain goes away and that things get straightened out with your dad. Praying for peace as well.

heehee...Judy, a Nanaimo Bar - it's a crust with chocolate, graham crackers, butter, coconut and walnuts, the middle is a custard type filling - icing sugar, custard, milk and the top is melted chocolate and butter :) It's pronounced
Nuni(long i)mo(long o). I've finished making them - so I've served them up here on the porch, along with orange chocolate black tea for all to enjoy :)

Thanks Mel - kids got down - and I got a little reading in...but for work, not pleasure :( But, the positive is WHY I only got a little reading is because hubby came home early :) :)

Joyce Hein
Farmgirl Sister #6071
Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2015 :  04:08:50 AM  Show Profile
Good morning ladies - and Happy Friday!

Just wanted to let you know all the tea packets are finally in the mail. You should start getting them soon. I hoped to get them all out on Monday, but ended up at the doctor both Monday and Tuesday. Have an appointment with a surgeon next week. Looks like I may be headed for a hysterectomy. This getting older isn't any fun, ladies!

Hugs,
Luanne

beekeepersgirl #691

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.

My blog: finallyafarmgirl.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2015 :  05:26:36 AM  Show Profile
Luanne...I had a hysterectomy (after a miscarriage) in my late 30's and I never felt better
in my entire life than after that surgery. And the very BEST part was no periods after
that. I never missed that monthly headache at all. LOL One thing that shocked me though was
I didn't know they put you on the Maternity Floor for that surgery and I remember that I wasn't
quite sure I wanted no more children...and then I could hear all these babies being born...and
I remember sitting in my bed before surgery and just bawling my eyes out at the finality of it
all. I guess too because my miscarriage was still so fresh in my mind and heart...it really was
hard. But a week after surgery I felt so healthy and full of energy and revitalized...that I
never again looked back with regret.

Joyce...thanks for leaving the Nanaimo Bar on the Porch and the Orange Chocolate Tea!!! Never heard
of that dessert before but sounds yummy. Isn't it nice when the hubs comes home early? I always loved
that too, especially when we had kiddos still at home. We all loved more of Dad at home.

Mel...Thanks for the continued prayers...we surely do need them.

Shannon...please keep us posted on your dad. Until we hear fromm you...we continue to hold you in our
prayers.

Bible Study last night was really good. My girls are starting to whine a little and are ready to put this
topic on Heaven away. We only have two more weeks of lessons...so, I am sure that they will survive. I think
they will be more than ready to get back into a Beth Moore Study again. LOL

I decided to cancel my trip to Seattle to see my Grand-daughters next week...as I am afraid to leave my husband
alone for a week. He is just still in shock over the sudden death of his two siblings. He just keeps saying
over and over again, "I Just Can't Believe that both Doug and Charlene are gone!" I decided since he doesn't
deal well with me being gone under normal circumstances...that it will be best to put any trips aside until after
the funeral and trial. I talked to my oldest son yesterday (my hubby didn't know) and Chris said that he totally
understood why I felt the need to not come at this time. So, when I told my husband yesterday that I was staying
home with him...you could just watch his countenance change for the better. He literally looked like the World
had been lifted off his shoulders and I knew the Holy Spirit had prompted me to change my plans...so, all was
good.

We are having such lovely weather right now...hope you girls are too. Hope you also have some FUN planned for
the Weekend. My husbands car broke down this week too and so we are going to pick that up later today...and I
get my VW back. He had to drive it to do his job this week.

Do Something Special For Yourself this weekend!!
Love and Hugs and Prayers,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

GinghamGirl
Schoolmarm

1409 Posts

Joyce
PE
Canada
1409 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2015 :  10:20:47 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning!

Luanne - I'm so sorry to hear that :( I will be praying for you.

Peggy - I'm so glad that you followed the Lord's direction and you could see how happy your hubby was based on your decision :) It's SO wonderful to have confirmation and know that the what we are doing is the right thing. I'll do something special (like read my MJF books!!) if you do something special for yourself too, Peggy :)

Curious - when do we find out who the farmgirl of the year is for 2015? I know Winnie was for 2014 - and I couldn't find anything for 2015. I'm also still wondering how/who chooses the farmgirl of the year for curiosity sake :D I would love to bless this new gal and congratulate her :) I've been following the farmgirl of the month gals.

We have gorgeous weather today again!! We plan to put bark mulch in the planters today, and my youngest is starting kindergym -his first time doing something! He's pretty excited :)

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!!

Joyce Hein
Farmgirl Sister #6071
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2015 :  11:19:16 AM  Show Profile
Joyce...I think Farmgirl of The Year happens at the End of the Year...and I think MaryJane and her staff picks them.
NOT positive on that however. On the Monthly Farmgirl...Like I was picked by a Farmgirl Friend...and then for the next
month you pick the next months Farmgirl...and I picked our Funny Porchie Judy.
It was more fun to pick Judy for me... than to be The Farmgirl of the Month. It is just exciting to honor someone
that you really have grown to love and admire.
Hope that answered your question.

Love and Hugs,
Peg

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2015 :  3:49:16 PM  Show Profile
ok, I just wrote a huge paragraph....and it's G-O-N-E!!! grrrrrr....where do things go?
Not attempting that again right now.
Luanne, I got my tea pkg today....somehow!
Later gators!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"
"The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it is on my list!"
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2015 :  12:12:12 AM  Show Profile
Good Evening My Porchies....

I have a Praise to share with you all tonight! My son Shane and wife Mercedes and Elijah took me out to
dinner tonight...and after we placed our order...they handed me a pretty Silver Jewelry looking box
as they said, "We have a little presant for you." I'm thinking What??? Not Mother's Day, Not my Birthday,
What??? and then I opened it and there lay in a clear plastic bag...a Pregnancy Test that Confirmed that
I am Going to Be a Grandmama again!!!! Lil' Man Elijah is going to have a Sister (we believe).

Just yesterday I was thinking to myself...usually when there is death...there is also birth/new life. At least
it has always been that way when I have lost someone. And once again God said, "My Gift for taking away some
one(s) you loved...I'm giving you a birth to celebrate." Well, you know me girls...I am ecstatic!!! I can't
wait!!! I have to share another quick story Sadie told me tonight...her Sister called her two weeks ago and
said, "Are You Pregnant?" And Sadie said,"No!" and Michelle said,"Well, I just dreamt that you were pregnant and
it's a girl." And here Sadie was pregnant...LOL!!! Anyway...I'm doing the Happy Dance!!!!

Luanne...I got your Tea Package today!!! And I love the Tucks and The Tea's look Awesome. Can't wait to try them!!
You did a Great Job on Your Tucks!!!...I won't say what they are, as I like everyone to be surprised when they go
to their mailbox.

Judy...sorry the 'puter ate your post. I h.a.t.e. when it does that!!! It just makes me have a hissyfit...every time.
Try again tomorrow after you calm down.

Love and Happiness in my heart,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2015 :  03:43:33 AM  Show Profile
Congratulations Peggy! Glad you liked your tea & tucks. I really wanted to make something crafty for everybody, but between having Mom here and feeling miserable with the "female troubles" - just didn't get them done. Great news about a new baby coming!

Luanne

beekeepersgirl #691

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.

My blog: finallyafarmgirl.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2015 :  06:23:53 AM  Show Profile
Dearest Porchies - First and foremost, I want to apologize!!!! I was a jerk!!!! How dare I complain about things going on with my dad or say I'm too young, when so many of you have lost loved ones recently! You are never "old enough" to go through that. I was insensitive and self-centered, and I truly apologize!!!! I was acting like a spoiled brat! No excuses!

Luanne - I too received my package. Thank you so much!!!

Peggy - Congratulations on the upcoming birth of the new baby! How exciting! I'm sorry to hear you cancelled your trip, but completely understand why! Continuing to pray for you, your hubby, and step son! I'm also adding this new pregnancy :)

Someone had asked me if I find out the gender... we will be finding out on Wednesday of this week. Because i'm "old" it is going to be a very extensive ultrasound. I have refused all the other testing they like to do, but I agreed to the longer ultrasound.

Well we have more rain.... and will continue that way until Tuesday. Thankfully up in Columbia where we went to the zoo yesterday, it was not raining and we had a beautiful day! Today we are about to go grocery shopping and then do some stuff around the house.

~ Shannon

Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2015 :  08:55:18 AM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
Luanne: Received my tea and tucks...so cute! all of it! can't wait to try the tea.. you did a great job!

Joyce: that bar and tea sound so yummy. I love chocolate and orange together,

Shannon: No need for apologies! We are only human and can take so much!

Jim is doing better with the oxygen machine and he uses it 24/7. We went to the ER on Thursday eve, he was breathing like a fish out of water and they sent us home with a tank from a company in town. The worker brought us a nicer unit to our home and showed us how to use it. Left the tank in case of electric going off or need to take it with us to town. Jim is drinking his cherry laxative magnesium citrate to bring his potassium down. Chest x-ray showed no fluid around lungs, so that's good. We even sang together a tad of some hymns on Pandora.
Thank you for your prayers and keep on..

Forgot to say we are starting hospice and they said we can try it out and if we feel we don't need them yet, we can cancel anytime and start again later.

Last night we cried with each other. Let the tears flow, I say, they are cleansing me. I told Jim I was having a really hard time accepting this and he said " God will help you." ... and He is. One day at a time...

Thomas Edison: "Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." :)

Edited by - craftbug on Apr 18 2015 10:42:17 AM
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2015 :  09:26:03 AM  Show Profile
Shannon...first off you DO NOT NEED TO APOLOGIZE for anything. You have just as much right to be scared and worried
as anyone else...after all that is your DAD...nobody wants to lose a parent!!! And a little FREAK-OUT was very
Normal at a time like that. We would have been more worried about you if you took it nonchalantly and didn't give a
rip one way or the other. Your feelings matter to us...and you have a right to express them. Sharing raw emotion is
not a sign of weakness it is a sign of being human. So, keep being real and never be superficial about something so
important going on in your life. OK????? OK!

Patsy...oh, I feel just as badly for you as for Jim. It is hard to be strong for someone you Love...especially when you
want to fall apart like everyone else but you know that will just have to wait...because you of all people have to keep it together. Your time to grieve will come Patsy...but for now...our prayers for you are Peace, Strength and abundant
Love. And when you reach the point that you are tapped out and empty of your own strength...I pray that you will allow
God to refill you with His. You are loved and cared about right along with Jim.

Luanne...again, your Tea Pkg was great. Some times Easy for you...still seems magnificent to others!! And it was and
even more so...since we know you too are dealing with "real Life Events" in your life too.

Back to bed I go. No rain but I'm in real pain...from trying to be strong for my husband and family.

Thanks for rejoicing with me over my new grand-child. I couldn't be more over the moon than another wee one to
love and cuddle on.

Love and hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

GinghamGirl
Schoolmarm

1409 Posts

Joyce
PE
Canada
1409 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2015 :  10:16:48 AM  Show Profile
Peggy - thanks for answering my questions :) I'm SO thrilled to hear about your praise report!! Praise the Lord!

Patsy - The image of you and Jim singing hymns was so sweet. Still praying for you and Jim daily.

Dear sweet Shannon - not once did I think of you as insensitive. I think this porch is just the place to lay down your concerns - and I was happy to share your burden with us so we could pray for you.

I hope you all have a wonderful sunshiney day like it is here. Bread is beckoning to me to punch down and let rise again...and another load of laundry just called me to hang it up....and I'm hoping to get a wee bit of quilting done this morning - before I go to the hours of marking and piano practise and practise exams this afternoon that goes with being a piano teacher :) The house is so incredibly quiet - my daughter went with daddy to work (just three hours) and so it's just my two little boys at home with me! It's crazy how it just gets so quiet when one is gone. God Bless all!

Joyce Hein
Farmgirl Sister #6071
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2015 :  12:42:38 PM  Show Profile
ok....let's try again!
Joyce, I loved your tea pkg. You girls have wonderful imaginations and create some wonderful things.
Did you say orange-chocolate? Yummy! Orange-chocolate and Raspberry-chocolate are 2 of my favorites
mixes. Whenever I get the chance to go to a candy shop I always look for choc. covered raspberry and/or orange gel'ee candies. mmmmm...my mouth is watering as we speak. hahaha I have this craving lately for gummy candy, especially if it's tart. One of the things in my Easter basket was a little bag of Awesome Blossoms. Gummy flowers. Well yesterday I founda 5# bag of them at our discount store...for $6.50. WOW! Ya, those came home with me. Dave said, "you trying to become a diabetic?" I said, "I'm not eating them all in one day!" *geesh* ...give me at least a week....*giggle* ...good thing I'm taking fiber daily....heehee
Patsy, you made me cry girlie...I was picturing Jim comforting you at a time like this. That's so sweet! I wish I could have heard you singing...wish I could have joined you!
Shannon, that thought never crossed my mind either. That's what's so wonderful about this place where we all share our hearts...openly...no fear of judgment by our Sista's. We love you girl! You continue to feel free to express yourself, ya hear?
I'm doing laundry today and hanging it outside for the first time this year. I look forward to that. I even put my flannel sheets and electric mattress pad away. If I have too I'll just wear flannel jammers and socks for any cold night left over.
Well, better get back to it.
Enjoy your weekend girlies!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

TexasWildflower
True Blue Farmgirl

206 Posts

Wanda
Hallettsville Texas
USA
206 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2015 :  5:01:41 PM  Show Profile
Shannon, you sound like such a sweet, sensitive person. When you lose someone, or think you're going to, it's hard to get your thoughts and feelings together. I had lost all the members of my original family by the time I was 31. It's hard. But I pray that God will bless you with peace and grow your faith through whatever may come. As far as your apology - when your heart hurts, after God, who better to help ease the load of sadness than a sister? Take care.

I'm newish here so I don't know any of you other gals, but I hope to!

Wanda
Farmgirl sister #3399
www.wandasturrock.com
(Includes 'The Simply Lived Life' blog)

Edited by - TexasWildflower on Apr 18 2015 5:03:01 PM
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2015 :  9:07:16 PM  Show Profile
Thank you ladies! You guys are sosweet!

I can only be on here for a minute - I think I need to try to get some sleep so I can process today. I have another prayer request (yup when it rains it pours!) my 9 yo son, Lee, was running behind our trees today and tripped and fell on a wooden pallet... It gashed his leg down to the muscle. Praise God, he missed the tendons, ligaments, and nerve. Multiple layers of stitches later, we are home. He is going to be quite sore for awhile! I think this is one of Satan's ways of trying to get him down, as he is a newer believer! Please pray for his healing, as well as for him to cling to his faith! The good news is, the doctor requested for my hubby to stay home for the next week to help care for him!

~ Shannon

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2015 :  2:22:22 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Wanda, so happy to meet you! Tell us a little about yourself. We're always happy to meet new gals!
Shannon, Praying for Lee's leg and for his new-found faith! I asked God to work thru him and use him to reach others that are lost. There's nothing like a new convert, they have the hunger to want more...and can soak it up like a sponge. And the fact that he's only 9.....an added bonus! *giggle*
We've had clouds and 70 until 5 PM. Now it's sprinkling and dropping. Suppose to be in the 50's the next few days. That's fine by me. I don't like it when it gets too hot too fast. I took my flannel sheets off the bed, remember, so it's gotta get cold again, it's just got too. hahaha I folded a blanket in half, put it between my summer, cotton sheets and climbed between the folds last night so I wouldn't get a chill in the night....yaaaaaa....I woke up and smelled ham burning....it was me....*pantpantpant*....*hot bum-hot bum* so then I lay on top of the blanket, not as bad but still too much. Tonight I will just use the cotton sheets. I guess my body is telling me that it REALLY IS ready for summer. We'll see. Still keeping that 'blankie' close by! hahaha
Well, have a Blessed Son-day Gals!
Love yuns!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2015 :  6:24:07 PM  Show Profile
WELCOME WANDA....WE LOVE HAVING NEW FARMGIRLS JOIN THE PORCH!!! Come sit a spell and tell us a little bit
about yourself. I liked that you just jumped right in and encouraged Shannon right off the bat...because that
is what we are all about around here.

Shannon...praying for Lee's leg and his new faith in Jesus. Praying he grows stronger because he now has God
to lean on and rely on and talk with. Still praying for your dad...has there been any new news?

Judy...See you shouldn't have packed away the Electric Mattress Pad and flannel sheets. LOl I leave my electric pad on
all year...because even in the summer there are times with my Fibro that I just need those muscles warmed up a little
bit. But I could never use flannel sheets even in the coldest of winter months...I am way too hot most of the time. I think I bought a pair about 8 years ago...and used them one night and then turned around and gave them to my friend.
Today our temp was 84 degrees...way past cold weather bedding. Just Beautiful out.

Church Service was awesome...our Youth Pator spoke and he did an amazing Job. Our Pastor is at our Church in
Cabo this weekend doing some more teaching and baptisms.

After Church we went to BnN and saw all kinds of friends there and then our kids and Sadies mom showed up there too
and so we just had a great ol' time. Now I am home doing laundry and putting things together for the Funeral Service
tomorrow for my Sister In Law. It will be like an all day thing. Hope my grandson can handle it.

I should have taken a walk but but just had too much to do...I will probably get a lot of walking in tomorrow anyway.

Well, My Sonday was Fabulous and hope yours was too.

Hugs and Blessings,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

TexasWildflower
True Blue Farmgirl

206 Posts

Wanda
Hallettsville Texas
USA
206 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2015 :  6:40:06 PM  Show Profile
Judy - Thank you for asking but, you may be sorry you did. By the grace of God, I'm almost 6 years out of a 38 yr. emotionally abusive and physically violent marriage. When I read here about all the wonderful husbands, I think to myself, no one is going to want to know that. So I'll just leave it right there.

Since the divorce, it's been just me trying to do my thing on 25 mostly wooded acres crossed by two creeks, feeling overwhelmed and behind most of the time. My introduction on the Welcome Wagon pretty much covers the person I am. Right now I have 7 adopted cats and one dog that was very abused and most of my money goes to take care of them and provide nice places for them to be safe at night. I love all God's creatures and run out before daylight in the winter to change out frozen hummingbird feeders for the ones who winter over. I've used herbs, for everything from sniffles to tumors, for around 40 years.

In the past six years I've taken three writing courses, completed one book (now submitting) and am working on the second. Those were set aside for about a year while I took a mountain of other courses and built a business website (I help small businesses improve the content performance and usability of their websites) and blog. I've been volunteering one day a week for the past 20 yrs. at a church affiliated thrift shop. I like most kinds of handwork and would love to learn to weave some day. In the 1980s and '90s I designed quilt patterns for publication in Stitch 'N Sew Quilts, Quilter's Treasury, Quilt World, etc. and ran a mail-order pattern business. I have three grown children and four grandchildren.

That's probably more than you bargained for so I'll quit. I love your "hands on my hips" quote...that's what we Texas girls say. :)

Wanda
Farmgirl sister #3399
www.wandasturrock.com
(Includes 'The Simply Lived Life' blog)
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2015 :  6:56:43 PM  Show Profile
Evening ladies! We had rain, rain with ice and rain with snow today! Unbelievable! It's been in the 70's this past week. Now the garden center at work is scrambling to figure out what to do with all the plants since we have snow forecast for tomorrow with temps next week at night below freezing. Bi-polar weather to be sure. Thankfully the porch is always sunny and clear.

Thought I'd jump on and verify I'm still alive and haven't killed him (although it's getting close LOL). I'm not sure what I'm going to do for 5 more weeks with him. He's already so bored. There's only so much book reading and computering he can do before he gets antsy. He's obsessing with getting a camper. We went to look at one Wednesday night that I found online but discovered it would be a total tear down due to water damage. Size was perfect but we're not up to doing that kind of work. I'd sort of had my heart set on it until I saw it and was so disheartened. I'd even figured out a name for it. Hopefully the name will fit whatever one we do get. He found one today online and was hoping we could grab it. They'd already gutted most of it to redo so that part was already done. Unfortunately someone got it before we could get them to respond to our text and phone calls. We'll find one eventually.

It's been busy medically for me as well. Monday I went in to have a new patient visit with my doctor. I haven't seen one in 3 years until I got sick in February so needed to get some issues like my blood pressure checked. He scheduled me for a thyroid ultrasound last Wednesday and I have a mammogram scheduled for tomorrow. Good news is my blood pressure is finally dropping back into normal range! Now to see if we can get the thyroid regulated so I stop feeling so tired.

Judy- we'd just said it was time to switch to the summer sheets and now we're dropping again so I'm keeping my flannels on until we stay warm. I'd been throwing off my extra blanket all week because it was too warm.

Shannon - Sorry about your son. Timing is bad for you to deal with an injured child. Hopefully he'll heal quickly.

Patsy - I hope hospice can assist you. So many things to think about I'm sure. I know just going through Matt's surgery how many things we had to think about. You'll both be in my thoughts and prayers.

I watched a movie called Christmas Lodge on Netflix this week that many of you might like. It's got a Christian base to it. Cute story. Matt and I have been watching Fringe together. It was something we happened to catch an episode of about a year ago and realized we liked it so we started with the first episode last week and are working our way through. This afternoon I watched Beyond Borders with Angelina Jolie.

Well, I've procrastinated enough in getting my desk cleaned off so I'll get back to cleaning. Have a warm and safe night everybody :O)

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://ndprairiegypsy.blogspot.com/
Etsy: PrairieGypsyCrafts
Jamestown, ND
Go to Top of Page

Sobyn
True Blue Farmgirl

752 Posts

Sabrina
Kansas
USA
752 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2015 :  12:39:42 AM  Show Profile
Hi all,

I realized I'm overdue for an update. This will be quick but trying to catch up a bit with y'all. I will probably have this post and another one since I need to go to the next page to see what else is going on after I reply to things on this one!!

Peggy-you are going through so much, I'm praying for you and all your family!

Shannon and Joyce-I want details about these binders y'all are making, what is in them? How are you setting them up? I have a binder with all the badge requirements but nothing else.

Shannon-praying for you, sounds like things are up and down in life right now but I love how you are doing so much to stay positive.

Patsy-I'm still praying for you and Jim. Glad your family gets to come spend time with y'all!

Tammy-glad the surgery went well and I'll be praying for a quick recovery...

I'm sure I'm missing things but kind of rushing before having to leave for another dr appt. I'll update in just a bit after I read the next page :).

Sabrina

Farmgirl Sister #3275
Go to Top of Page

Sobyn
True Blue Farmgirl

752 Posts

Sabrina
Kansas
USA
752 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2015 :  01:03:54 AM  Show Profile
Hi Wanda! Look forward to getting to know you! I will have to go read your intro on the welcome wagon when I have a chance. You sound so interesting and very strong with what you have been through! I am taking a writing course now, not sure what I want to write exactly except I'll probably start with a blog. I also like handcrafts! Some day when I have the space and time I'll try quilting!I see you are from Hallettsville, I'm trying to remember where that is, I went to college in Victoria and my husband and I married there I think you are close to there?

Shannon-like these other ladies I don't think you have anything to apologize for. Random question-do you cloth diaper? IF so do you use wool or would you like to try it? I was given a bag of wool pants (diaper covers) that had boy and girl pants, obviously I don't need the girl ones and would be happy to send them to you if you are having a girl once it is confirmed! Praying for your dad and Lee.

Peggy-congratulations!!

Ok so me-Well I took my last antibiotic this morning, hopefully he doesn't put me on more, I've been on them for 18 days and quite frankly am tired of what it is doing to my body (although I'm happy it is killing the infection obviously!). I have been having to go have this wound irrigated and packed every day but now we are tapering down to every other day so hopefully this week I won't have to go more than 3 times. I'm ready for it to be done and him to let it close up but I know he is being thorough and doesn't want to leave any infection in there. Still managing to nurse on the other side, we have used a bottle some to help but the last couple days haven't needed it so my body is trying to catch up. I feel pretty good overall just get tired easy but that could also be from interrupted sleep of having a newborn. I'm so ready to be done with all these dr appts. The doc is 30 minutes away and I have to arrange childcare for my other three kids so I have to drop them off drive out there wait drive back pick them up etc. It takes 2-3 hours total and just makes it hard to get any sort of routine or anything going. I have historically struggled with depression and have flirted with PPD with a couple of my other births so I'm thankful that I really don't feel like I'm struggling with that now, since all of this could easily have triggered it. I'm frustrated but not depressed.

My in-laws were here last week, they kept the kids during my appointments so that was nice not to have to worry about childcare. My mother in law also took over the kitchen so I was relieved of dealing with meals. And yet having company is still exhausting so I rested most of this weekend!

We have a bunch of other stuff going on. My husband needs to have his feet and knees looked at, my sister in law (the doctor) thinks he will need knee replacement (he is 34 y'all-the military is still tearing up its members!). But he has some things he wants to accomplish before he has surgeries that will cause him to not be able to do the physical stuff anymore so he is trying to get through the next few months with the pain he is dealing with. I won't say specifics for security sake but from now until the end of summer he will be gone about half the time. We have a few weeks before he leaves for the first time but I need to get healed and get back into a routine before that happens!! Also he is up for consideration for promotion and we find out in the middle of July sometime if he will get promoted in the next year, he really needs it for his career and also for his self confidence so prayers are appreciated.

Ok I've gotta run to my dr appt. Hopefully he says I don't have to go back until wed. I'll try to update more often.

Sabrina

Farmgirl Sister #3275
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page