Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

cajungal
True Blue Farmgirl

2348 Posts

Catherine Farmgirl Sister #76
Houston Area Texas
2348 Posts

Posted - May 04 2015 :  04:10:28 AM  Show Profile
Judy, thank you for sharing with all of us. Please tell Patsy we are all praying for her family.

Catherine
Sister #76 (2005)
One of the best compliments from one of my daughters: "Moma, you smell good...like dirt.

Go to Top of Page

cajungal
True Blue Farmgirl

2348 Posts

Houston Area Texas
2348 Posts

Posted - May 04 2015 :  04:13:20 AM  Show Profile
Judy, thank you for sharing with us. Please tell Patsy we are all praying for her family.

Catherine
Sister #76 (2005)
One of the best compliments from one of my daughters: "Moma, you smell good...like dirt.

Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - May 04 2015 :  04:46:29 AM  Show Profile
:'( I am so sorry to hear of Jim's passing! Praising God his family made it there first, and that Jim is now with his Saviour, with no more pain or sorrow! Praying for all of you!!!

~ Shannon

http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

TexasWildflower
True Blue Farmgirl

206 Posts

Wanda
Hallettsville Texas
USA
206 Posts

Posted - May 04 2015 :  07:22:55 AM  Show Profile
Thank you, Judy. So sad to hear, even though expected. You're never really 'ready.' I pray God will hold Patsy and family in the palm of His hand and they will feel His comfort, strength, and mercy.

Wanda
Farmgirl sister #3399
www.wandasturrock.com
(Includes 'The Simply Lived Life' blog)
Go to Top of Page

Kirksmom71
True Blue Farmgirl

873 Posts

Mel
Dallas Texas
USA
873 Posts

Posted - May 04 2015 :  9:25:14 PM  Show Profile
Oh Judy am so sorry for all of you! I am praying for the family and especially for Patsy. Keep her grounded in the Lord........he will see her through this most difficult and sad situation. I do know how she feels and what she is going through....she is not alone! Glad her family is around her and that Jim was able to hold on until his children were there....Thinking of you.

My best to all,
Mel
https://www.etsy.com/shop/KirksmomsKottage
http://www.pinterest.com/kirksmom71/
Sassy City Girl with Farmgirl Fantasies!
Go to Top of Page

GinghamGirl
Schoolmarm

1402 Posts

Joyce
PE
Canada
1402 Posts

Posted - May 04 2015 :  9:55:54 PM  Show Profile
Oh my heart hurts for you Patsy & Judy - may God's comfort - which is like no other - be with you all during this difficult time.

Joyce Hein
Farmgirl Sister #6071
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - May 05 2015 :  12:14:27 AM  Show Profile
Judy and Patsy...My Prayers are with you and all the Families!!
I really am sorry for your loss! Sounded like Jim was a wonderful man.

I had left a message on here earlier...but it didn't post for some reason.
Just know that my heart hurts along side yours.

Love and Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Dec 2011-Farmgirl of the Month
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

Don't allow others to steal the Glitz from your *SPARKLE*

Life is too short to knit with ugly yarn!

Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch
Go to Top of Page

Sobyn
True Blue Farmgirl

752 Posts

Sabrina
Kansas
USA
752 Posts

Posted - May 05 2015 :  01:58:35 AM  Show Profile
Hi all. Well I'm still sporadic aren't I. Guess that is my reality for this season!

Patsy I'm praying for you, Jim and your kids!

Shannon-I am RIGHT THERE WITH YOU. It seems like I am the one who needs breaks but then the kids just get wilder!! They do better with the structure even though they resist it. Yesterday was tough because the baby was clingy (we were out all day Sunday and he does NOT like to be out much so I think that is why). But we got through our school stuff still. This morning I had things to do and it is nice but looks like it may rain later so I let the littles go outside and just had my oldest do her school stuff and we skipped circle time. I'll probably do their memory work with them after while still and get that in. We are pretty much done with AWANAS so none of that to do with the little ones only my oldest and those are our main circle time activities. We don't take off for summer and although we did take quite a bit off when baby was born I figure if we get 3-4 solid days in we are good! I have general goals for Sydney and as long as she is relatively on track I don't stress about it. I get the neighbor issues a bit too but sorry about your chickens!! We thought we were going to have some difficulty with our neighbors but it seems like we have come to a mutual agreement and things have been friendlier lately. Thank goodness because I don't need that stress. Hope things get better for you! No way your chickens were causing those problems, chickens eat mice!!

Well overall things are going good here. Had a bit of a scare this week as I got a bit achey and thought I might be getting another clogged duct (y'all I would totally give up if that happened!!) but I figured out the baby has been sleeping around SIX HOURS a stretch at night!!!! That plus him going through a growth spurt and eating more during the day just threw me off a bit and I was just achey getting adjusted but I seem to be fine now. Yay for sleep though!!! Of course my sleep patterns are a mess so I need to figure out a way to take the most advantage of his sleeping and get just the right amount for me. I have been feeling pulled on to start some things (internal pulled not from someone else) and now I'm wondering if I'm crazy for thinking I can take on all this!!! I am going to be taking a bit more responsibility in AWANA in the fall-helping the director with some of her admin work, I am probably going to be starting a Classical Conversations Community (homeschool coop basically) in the fall and now I'm starting to feel pulled (called maybe? I'm not sure what being called feels like) to volunteer to get children's programming up and running at our chapel (it is pretty non-existent right now). CRAZY????? How in the world would I have time for all that???? I'm trying to figure out if this is a "good idea" that I don't need to take on or if this is an actual calling that I must follow. How do you know????

Anyway that is pretty much where we are right now. Just adjusting to life and trying to go with the baby's flow for now.

Sabrina

Farmgirl Sister #3275
Go to Top of Page

Sobyn
True Blue Farmgirl

752 Posts

Sabrina
Kansas
USA
752 Posts

Posted - May 05 2015 :  08:40:06 AM  Show Profile
Oh and Shannon you asked about the anger issues, we are still having some issues. They seem to be getting less extreme and less often but very very slowly. It is quite frustrating and she can't tell me why she is so angry. Her anger reaction is to normal things that have always happened but now she is ANGRY about them. Ugh.

Farmgirl Sister #3275
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - May 05 2015 :  7:11:19 PM  Show Profile
Hello ladies,

Judy and Patsy so sorry for your loss. I am praying for all of you.

Hello to new girls. don't be afraid to join us...we are really harmless

I am sorry I have been sporadic here on the porch. With celebrating my twins birthday...they turned 19...oh my...getting ready for graduation next week and finishing out the school year with my butterflies...my wings barely have time to rest...

I just needed to pop in and see how yall were and have a sit for just a minute.

I am sorry I can't answer everything I have read...good gracious...my mind needs sticky notes...
but I do read and think of yall in prayer.

ok the dryer is buzzing and I am flying out again.
love to you all
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Purple Skies
http://mypurpleskies.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - May 06 2015 :  07:58:34 AM  Show Profile
Just catching up on posts. Still haven't gotten through all of them. Good old fibro fog and a new med. GGd and GD are no longer staying with us..just getting used to the quiet. Waaaaa.
So sorry for your family's loss Judy and Patsy! It is so strong and kind of you to keep us all up to date. Hugs to both of you! And, prayers. Always those prayers.

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - May 06 2015 :  2:35:37 PM  Show Profile
TLTammy...your brain needs sticky notes?....that is so funny ...I love it! hahahahahahahahah
Ok...I might have just needed that and so it was just funny to me, but thank you Tammy!
Thank all of you for ALL the hugs(feel 'em),the Prayers(feel 'em)and just all the Sista-Love!
Ya'll are the BESTEST!!!!! Patsy said to thank you too because she feels the Love too and the uplift that your Prayers are creating! Keep Praying Please! Jim's Dad, sister, brother and nieces left today. Her 2 girls and their families leave tomorrow. That leaves her 3 boys. 2 of them have another week yet. The 3rd one I'm not sure about.
Want to share a beautiful thing with you that Patsy shared with me.
When the funeral home guys carried Jim's body out of the house, they had a quilt on him like he was asleep, which Patsy told me is what he looked like...peaceful and asleep....so beautiful...It Pays To Know...Truly KNOW Jesus! Anyhow their 3 boys, all military men, draped a flag over him as he was carried to the hearse...and saluted him one last time! Isn't that BEAUTIFUL! I wasn't even there, but it made me cry and Thank God for those wonderful boys of ours! Jim was retired military too of course and I knew they would want to do something for him like that since he wanted to be cremated and wanted no service. So fitting!
Also, they really like azaleas but couldn't get the ones from here to grow down there, so one day when taking a walk they found some growing wild, so they brought them home and planted them beside the road so Patsy could see them from her living room window. They did nothing for a couple years, one died....BUT...this year, this week, the one produced 4 blossoms AND their anniversary is tomorrow(44th). Isn't that Beautiful?
*goose bumps* She is so tickled!
Have a great day Porchies! Big Porchie hugs to you!
Oh...I mailed out the first column of "Tea-Swap" teas to you gals today. I will mail the rest tomorrow.
Don't ask me how I got those done during all this stress...except to say that you Gals are EVERYTHING to me. You are my life-line in times of stress! Thank YOU!!!
Love Ya Gals!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"
"The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it is on my list!"
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - May 06 2015 :  7:02:11 PM  Show Profile
Judy...that was so touching about the Azaleas, the Quilt, and The boys and the flag draping. *sigh & sniffle*
I can't believe you got the Teas out either. Good for you girl!! I'm sure that tea will taste extra special
just because of your circumstances.
I loved the Brain and Sticky Notes statement by Tammy too. LOL
Continued prayers and hugs.

Teacher Tammy...just enjoy these last few weeks with your boys etc. We know you are out there...busy for a while.

Shannon and Sabrina...I don't know how you girls home school will all those children you have. I would be a blithering
idiot. I love teaching adult women in Bible Study...that is my passion, but I never could have taught my own kids at
home. My husband could have...he has lots more patience I think and very much more creative. Anyway, mine are all grown and raised and they turned out ok going to public school. Though I think schools have gotten worse and so has the
curriculum. My hat is off to you girls!!!!

Have the dog at the groomers. Husband is out working and I am just relaxing.
Off to read while it is quiet here.

More Later Girlies,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

GinghamGirl
Schoolmarm

1402 Posts

Joyce
PE
Canada
1402 Posts

Posted - May 06 2015 :  8:28:00 PM  Show Profile
Judy - thank you so much for your sweet post! You did make me cry, shiver and laugh all in the same post :) I'll keep the prayers going for you and Patsy.

It's been a busy week - teaching piano, teaching the kids (we're almost done school for the year! Just a couple more subjects, probably about 2-3 weeks left). I would really appreciate prayers for me for Friday - I am taking an exam and would really appreciate the prayers. Thanks so much, all :)

Joyce Hein
Farmgirl Sister #6071
Go to Top of Page

TexasWildflower
True Blue Farmgirl

206 Posts

Wanda
Hallettsville Texas
USA
206 Posts

Posted - May 07 2015 :  04:38:33 AM  Show Profile
Judy - What a beautiful, heartwarming story about the happenings with Patsy. My heart goes out to her. My prayers are for each one of y'all.

Joyce - Exam blessings!

Wanda
Farmgirl sister #3399
www.wandasturrock.com
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - May 07 2015 :  07:43:05 AM  Show Profile
Joyce...praying for your exam today...asking God to give you Great Recall!!!!

Wanda...Good to see you on The Porch this morning. Have a lovely Day!!

NATIONAL DAY OF PRAYER REMINDER...if ever our Nation Needed Prayer it is NOW!
Please remember to pray for our Countries Leaders and People.

Devoted to Him,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - May 07 2015 :  10:47:56 AM  Show Profile
Hey Gals, evidently May 6th was Mary Jane's birthday! I went over on "General Chat" under 'News From Mary Jane's Farm' and there I found a 'Happy Birthday Mary Jane,' blog, so I signed. It's pretty empty....we need to fill that sucker up! hahahahaha

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"
"The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it is on my list!"
Go to Top of Page

TexasWildflower
True Blue Farmgirl

206 Posts

Wanda
Hallettsville Texas
USA
206 Posts

Posted - May 07 2015 :  11:44:20 AM  Show Profile
Thanks, Judy! Had not seen that. As for now, been there; done that. :)

Wanda
Farmgirl sister #3399
www.wandasturrock.com
Go to Top of Page

Sobyn
True Blue Farmgirl

752 Posts

Sabrina
Kansas
USA
752 Posts

Posted - May 09 2015 :  03:57:11 AM  Show Profile
Hi all! Quick check in because I'm typing with one hand while baby is asleep on the other! Remember all those baby carriers I made to yry wearing the baby so I could get stuff done?? He hates them! He usually sleeps in his swing during the day (the bed is on the third floor and I just cant run up and down stairs all day, we have a cradle in the living room but he won't sleep in it) but today he is being clingy.

Shannon I put those wool pants in the mail yesterday.

Nothing else new here, trying to find time to exercise and get back to my crafts and just general adjustments.

Sabrina

Farmgirl Sister #3275
Go to Top of Page

cajungal
True Blue Farmgirl

2348 Posts

Houston Area Texas
2348 Posts

Posted - May 09 2015 :  05:35:57 AM  Show Profile
Shannon and Sabrina, y'all are doing a great job. I completed my homeschooling years two years ago when my youngest entered college. I know from experience that when you're in the middle of seemingly chaos and it seems like you're going to be there forever, the time does pass. When you come out on the other side, you'll look back and wonder why you stressed.

As homeschoolers today, we really do have a Blessed situation. 20 years ago, when I began homeschooling, I had a mentor that was a woman who had grown children and had homeschooled them during the time that it was not legal. She and her husband both spent time in jail and had their children taken away a few times. They played a huge part in the current freedom we have here in Texas. With all the anguish and stress I did experience at times, I certainly cannot imagine what they went through.

Sabrina, I can't believe your sweet son doesn't like the carrier. That's gotta be a little difficult in changing how you thought you'd handle your duties. My babies practically lived in their slings. It became heck on my back, but I could get so much done.

"Virtual Porch Decorating"....I'm a little late for May Day, but I'm going to hang pretty ribbons on our virtual porch. They'll look pretty swaying in the breeze.

Catherine
Sister #76 (2005)

Go to Top of Page

GinghamGirl
Schoolmarm

1402 Posts

Joyce
PE
Canada
1402 Posts

Posted - May 09 2015 :  08:05:23 AM  Show Profile
My exam went well - thanks Peggy and others for the prayers! I felt very covered in prayer and excited to do my exam :) One more left and then I'm done! Today I'm going out to the Farmer's Market to have a pancake breakfast with my kids (hubby's working) and then we'll do some shopping and come home - where I plan to craft and craft :) Gardening and housework are all caught up - so I get to enjoy myself today with my exam behind me!!

Joyce Hein
Farmgirl Sister #6071
Go to Top of Page

cajungal
True Blue Farmgirl

2348 Posts

Houston Area Texas
2348 Posts

Posted - May 09 2015 :  12:55:16 PM  Show Profile
That's good news, Joyce. Glad the test went well. Enjoy your day at the market.

Catherine
Sister #76 (2005)

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - May 09 2015 :  8:45:38 PM  Show Profile
Hey Judy...I also went on and wished MJ a Belated Happy Birthday. Thanks for sharing...aren't we all pathetic? LOL

Hi Wanda...I saw you went on to and wished her Happy Birthday. They must not make it very public information because
it is the first time I have seen anyone comment in the 5 or 6 years I have been on MJF.

Sabrina...Isn't that just like a child not wanting to cuddle in the carrier you so sweetly made for them. I always used the Swing too...especially when I needed hands free time to get things done...back then you had to hand crank the swings
and it startled the baby every time you cranked it back up. The modern one are much improved.

Catherine...you were the Pioneering Home School Mother...you blazed the way for our daughters & sons today as parents.
I can't believe you had to spend time in Jail for that. Oh, my Goodness. We wanted to started a School back in our Church about 35 years ago...and I was on the committee to check out all the rules, regulations and laws. We wanted it
to be like a Home Schooling Church School with non-accredited Teachers. Back then they would fine you 2,500 a day if you had any teachers with out accreditation...so being a small Church of just 225 members...we couldn't afford those stiff
penalties so we had to forget it completely. So...I am majorly impressed that you did jail time and took an Active Stand for changing the Standards.

Yahoo Joyce...I knew you would breeze through that Test...but prayer certainly helps our confidence doesn't it?
Let us know when the next one comes close and we will pray for you again. I love when I can feel the prayers of
my sisters wrapped around me during stressful times.

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY GIRLS!!! I HOPE YOUR FAMILIES APPRECIATE AND SPOIL YOU!!!

blessings and hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

cajungal
True Blue Farmgirl

2348 Posts

Houston Area Texas
2348 Posts

Posted - May 10 2015 :  04:56:48 AM  Show Profile
Peggy, I wish I could take all your compliments. But, I did not spend time in jail for homeschooling. I was speaking of my mentor. Sorry if I didn't make that clear.

Happy Mother's Day all y'all!!!!

Catherine
Sister #76 (2005)

Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - May 10 2015 :  05:23:30 AM  Show Profile
Morning everyone! Wishing you each a Happy Mother's Day!

Joyce - I knew you would do well! So glad to hear it! You will breeze through your final one as well!

Sabrina - perhaps when wee one gets a little bigger, he will enjoy the sling!?!? Aly refused to use any carriers for the first two months. I thought I was going to lose my mind! And then, all of sudden, she loved them! Silly kids ;)

Catherine - I have often wondered what I would do if it was illegal. I find it fascinating that your mentor actually did jail time for it! Scary thought! DSS scares the dickens out of me! Especially now withal the "medical kidnappings"!

Peggy - how are things going with your step son?

This here are alright. My son's leg is healing finally :) We all terribly miss our chickens :'( Hubby is going through a medical board right now for his back... He only has 18 months until retirement, yet they may kick him out before then. Scary thought!

~ Shannon

http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page