Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

GinghamGirl
Schoolmarm

1402 Posts

Joyce
PE
Canada
1402 Posts

Posted - May 10 2015 :  07:15:27 AM  Show Profile
Thanks for all the vote of confidences girls!! It definitely was prayer that upheld me:) Happy Mother's Day porchies!!!! I hope you are all spoiled today - you are all amazing mothers :) I hope you have a blessing filled day!!

Joyce Hein
Farmgirl Sister #6071
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7443 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7443 Posts

Posted - May 10 2015 :  07:56:16 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
Hello, gals - I'm looking into this thread to get to know some more of you. I know Peggy Ann and Shannon already - through swaps on MJFG. I am in east Texas in a small small (pop. 598) town. I'm retired and love to quilt and craft. Also knit, crochet and trying to learn to spin. Posting might be sporatic, since I'm going to be out of town and in and out in the next few weeks. I already spend way too much time on MJFG site - LOL!
Happy Mother's Day everyone.

Farmgirl hugs,
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

Kirksmom71
True Blue Farmgirl

873 Posts

Mel
Dallas Texas
USA
873 Posts

Posted - May 10 2015 :  09:20:27 AM  Show Profile
Happy Mother's Day to all my lovely Porchies!!!! :)

My best to all,
Mel
https://www.etsy.com/shop/KirksmomsKottage
http://www.pinterest.com/kirksmom71/
Sassy City Girl with Farmgirl Fantasies!
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - May 10 2015 :  09:31:35 AM  Show Profile
Catherine...you did say your mentor did the jail time. Tired brain last night. But I'm still impressed!!

WELCOME LINDA O....SO HAPPY you found The Porch. We know that everyone gets busy in the Summer Months but
just pop on when ever you can and chat for a quick minute. Like I told you...you will love the Porchies and
they will love you too.

Mel...good to see you stopping by The Porch to give your Mother's Day Wishes!!! Come more often...we miss you!!!

OK...My Lovely Porchies...Enjoy Your Mother's Day today!!!

Big Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Dec 2011-Farmgirl of the Month
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

Don't allow others to steal the Glitz from your *SPARKLE*

Life is too short to knit with ugly yarn!

Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch
Go to Top of Page

GinghamGirl
Schoolmarm

1402 Posts

Joyce
PE
Canada
1402 Posts

Posted - May 10 2015 :  09:33:48 AM  Show Profile
Welcome, Linda :) Happy Mother's Day!!

Joyce Hein
Farmgirl Sister #6071
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7443 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7443 Posts

Posted - May 10 2015 :  10:01:27 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
Thanks, Joyce - Hope to see you in more of my swaps this year. Several ideas kicking around in my head. I kinda think out-of-the-coop sometimes. LOL!

Getting ready to go to California for my sister's wedding. Have an almost-vintage rose colored lace dress I got at an antique shop. I found shoes that will work, but am still looking for a possible hat and a cover-up. Maybe a nice lace shawl or cape? Wedding is in the evening at a winery and sis says the evenings are still in the 40s (brrrr). Any ideas? Here's a picture of the dress.

Farmgirl hugs,
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - May 10 2015 :  10:19:10 AM  Show Profile
Linda...Stunning Dress...Great Find!!! I think a lovely Shawl or short cape would look pretty with it.
Now, we want to see a picture of you in that gorgeous dress at The Wedding, with the new boyfriend!!! LOL

Hugs and Smiles,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - May 10 2015 :  1:27:49 PM  Show Profile
Happy Mother's Day to all of you who are. The Preachers' wife use to say to those of us who weren't moms... 'If you have a husband to mother... you ARE a mother and should celebrate too!' *giggle*
Welcome Linda! Nice to meet you! Tell us a little about yourself! We know that you like 'swaps.'
*giggle*
Today would have been Jim's 67th birthday. I know Patsy is having an emotional day.
Please keep Praying!
Have a great SonDay!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"
"The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it is on my list!"
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - May 10 2015 :  5:29:00 PM  Show Profile
Wow, Catherine! You take me back a ways!I didn't homeschool; but, I remember reading about the troubles people were having with that, and strong women standing up for their rights!

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - May 10 2015 :  5:33:11 PM  Show Profile
Great to see you on the porch, Linda! Your dress is exquisite!

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7443 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7443 Posts

Posted - May 10 2015 :  5:40:56 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
Thank you, Judith!

Farmgirl hugs,
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

cajungal
True Blue Farmgirl

2348 Posts

Catherine Farmgirl Sister #76
Houston Area Texas
2348 Posts

Posted - May 10 2015 :  6:03:51 PM  Show Profile
Linda, the dress is so pretty. I like your idea of a shawl to keep warm at the wedding you're going to. A cape would cover up that pretty dress.

Catherine
Sister #76 (2005)
One of the best compliments from one of my daughters: "Moma, you smell good...like dirt.

Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - May 11 2015 :  02:18:53 AM  Show Profile
Welcome to the porch Linda! There are some fabulous women here on the porch :) I agree - your dress is beautiful, and I think a shawl would be your best bet!

Patsy and Judy - continuing to pray!

Hope everyone had a fantastic Mother's Day!

Well it is five in the morning here and I am ready to tackle the day... Maybe ;) I keep debating going back to bed for another hour and a half ;) anyways, my lift to do is pretty long today. My youngest boy turns four on the19th... We usually start PreK program in the fall at that age. Well, heh as requested starting after his birthday. Due to my craziness, lol, I have decided to start him today. I will also be starting Before Five in a Row with him, his younger sister, and his older sister. For those not familiar with it, it is basically where you read the same book for five days in a row (we always do two weeks though) and do activities around the book. For the first book, we are going to be reading "Caps for Sale" and focusing on monkeys :) We also are starting a new focus in Geography - and will be studying the poles :) We will be looking at those for the next three weeks :) I love starting new things in school! It gets the excitement back up!

Hubby got a call the end of last week... They are doing a full medical board on him :/ I am concerned, but know it is in God's hands! to explain.... Hubby is active duty Air Force. About four years ago, he had surgery on his back, due to an injury on base. Since the surgery, he is still in daily pain and has lost feeling down his left leg (basically the bulge was pushing on the nerve for too long before they did the surgery). Anyways, it has caused all types of issues! He is on an opioid pain patch that he wears constantly (it gets switched out weekly) as well as narcotics and other pain meds. They med boarded him a year ago and said he could return to duty, without doing the full one. It came up for renewal, and they have decided rather than returning him to duty, they are going to do a full med board to see if they a) want to return him to duty, b) medically retire him, or c) kick him out, aka separate him. He only has 18 months left until he hits 20 years and could fully retire! Each have their benefits and withdrawals. I think the biggest issue, is he still has another year of schooling before he can get licensed is his new profession as an intern (he is working on his master degree in Family and Marriage counseling). We know Godwill take care of all of it, but it is a little disconcerting not knowing what the next year holds for us! We know we do not want to stay here in SC, but are not sure we would have the funds to move right now! Especially with a wee one on the way!

Good news - we saw the orthopedic on Friday for Lee's leg and it looks like it is finally healing nicely! It was not MRSA, which was a huge relief! He still has quite a bit of pain with it, but it is finally on its way to where it needs to be!

~ Shannon

http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

cajungal
True Blue Farmgirl

2348 Posts

Houston Area Texas
2348 Posts

Posted - May 11 2015 :  05:51:41 AM  Show Profile
Shannon, I LOOOOVVVEEE the "Five in a Row" curriculum. My girls were a little older than the targeted age when the series came out. But, we did it anyway. Here's a suggestion that worked great for us....I purchased a large wall map of the world and placed it on the kitchen table. Then, on top of the map was laid a 'table cloth' of heavy duty clear vinyl. (I think I got it at WalMart). It became a multipurpose educational tool. While we ate supper together or when they snacked during the day, they would point out various locations. I think even today as grown women they could point out all the places the Ingalls family lived, the path various explorers traveled, and where 'Ping' the duck was used to catch fish. It also works great because you can use Vis-a-Vis markers on the vinyl cover and write. I could re-draw boundary lines of countries as we studied world history.

What is so incredibly rewarding is that now, my oldest, 22 has been married for 2 years and they are considering to start trying to have a baby. My daughter already talks about how she's going homeschool. Blesses my heart!

Catherine
Sister #76 (2005)
One of the best compliments from one of my daughters: "Moma, you smell good...like dirt.

Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7443 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7443 Posts

Posted - May 11 2015 :  06:42:22 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
Shannon - The Five in a Row program sounds like a great program, Shannon. I will mention it to my DIL.
Catherine - I love the idea of the map on the table with a vinyl cover. Great way to study geography during dinner or during the day.

I've now got to find a nice cream or white shawl before Friday. LOL! Wish me luck!

Farmgirl hugs,
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - May 11 2015 :  09:04:26 AM  Show Profile
Oh Shannon, so sad to hear this. It makes me think of what the Army did to my hubby. He always had a weight problem but always managed to squeak by during P.T.(physical training). He's an LPN. He's 6'3" so it wasn't that bad, in my humble opinion. Also he had been on a diet and lost about 100 # so he looked really good. So he was in his 18th year when he went to Saudi and did his stint there for 8 months. Then after he came home and was in his 19th year, they reviewed him... and said he was overweight,(he had put some with back on after he came home and relaxed. Like I said, an ongoing battle since his teen years.) But they let him go. No benefits. Just his honorable discharge certificate. ANNNND...he didn't fight it because.... he said, "they didn't lie did they?" And I said, "no... but it's wrong because you were good enough to put in all that time with them, go overseas for them, fight for your country.... then they can just say... see ya?" We weren't married then or I would have said more, but I didn't want to overstep my boundary with my best friend. He knew my thoughts on the matter! So, I guess the Armed Forces can do whatever they want. But your hubby was hurt while in the A.F. so they better do the right thing by him!
It's a beautiful day here today(thank you God) so I will be doing laundry.
Enjoy your day Porch-Buds! I hope your teas start showing up soon!
God Bless & God Bless America!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - May 11 2015 :  09:29:41 AM  Show Profile
Judy - got your tea package today - thank you so much! I love the new flavors and all the tucks. Won't say what so I don't spoil the surprise for others. I can't believe you had time to do this with everything else happening in your life.

Hugs,
Luanne

beekeepersgirl #691

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.

My blog: finallyafarmgirl.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - May 11 2015 :  7:38:15 PM  Show Profile
OK...glad you are starting to get them! Sometimes it takes ya'll out west awhile to get yours. Must be a slow mule-train!lol
You each have a different verse in your cards because you are each so special to me....in different ways. I have a lot of books to choose from so I was able to find just the right heart-felt words for each of you. God gave me the strength and clarity of mind to get those all out because He knows how you all have carried me through my shock, grief and pain! Doing them was a great therapy for me. Praise God and thank you Gals!
We had a thunder storm roll thru this evening. The temps went from mid eighties to upper sixties in an hour. Boy that felt good! It's just been "too hot-too soon" so I knew when it finally stormed it would be a doozy!
Of course Dave was at work, so it was just me and the kitty-cat. We lived to tell about it. *giggle*

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - May 11 2015 :  11:55:58 PM  Show Profile
Judy...Well, the Pony Express brought your Tea Pkg Today!!! LOL
I loved it!!!! What a Special Gift during a really tough time for you. I am glad
that God used it as Therapy for you...but He also used it to bless our socks off
because we know the sacrifice you made to carry through with your Tea Commitment.
Isn't God Crazy Good? He knows just what we each needed and He uplifted us ALL!

I won't spoil by sharing what was in your pkg. but I loved it ALL and I Love YOU
More!!! Oh, and the Tea looks great too. +giggle+

Long day today girls so I'm not going to address everyone tonight. Just know I'm read
up and praying for those that need it. (Don't we all??)

Found out that our little grand-daughter ( Yes, I'm fairly confident) is Due December 17th.
If mommy is as late as last time...we could well be spending Christmas in The Hospital. LOL
Best Christmas Gift Ever!!!

We should find out tomorrow if we are going to Spokane for the Trial or if it is getting postponed
again. Keep us in your prayers...we want it postponed for another 6 months at least.

Love and Hugs and Sweet Dreams,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

2972 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
2972 Posts

Posted - May 14 2015 :  1:54:40 PM  Show Profile
Howdy everyone. I won't even mention how long it just took me to get caught up reading everything!! I've been too busy to spend much time on the computer, but I want all of you to know that every day I ask God to take care of my porchies because I may not know what's going on or what you need but He does. I don't have much time to comment on everyone specifically right now but I am praying for all of you. I'm also sending big hugs to Judy and Patsy. I'm going to send you an e-mail too Judy. And thanks for the tea package. You make me laugh(loved the napkin)!! Congrats on the new grandbaby Peggy!! What a wonderful surprise. I hope it helped your hubby cheer up too. I'll be praying for the trial.

Well, I don't have time to upload pictures. Hopefully this weekend I'll squeeze it in. We now have 12 heifer calves. We're just past half way done calving. One of the girls is a jersey cross so she's all black. The one born yesterday is black and white but all of the other 10 are red and white!! It's been so exciting this year to see our red genetics finally kicking in. (The red color is a recessive trait so it takes a couple generations for it to show up). The weather has warmed up and planting is in full swing. The in-laws got the garden planted. I'm so ready for fresh veggies!

I'm a bit late to milking so I better get going. I left an apple bake-over that I made this morning. It's quite yummy :) Hopefully I'll be able to sit for a longer visit soon.
Hugs and prayers for all.

~Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701
September 2014 Farmgirl of the Month
http://nndairy.blogspot.com/

"The purpose of life is to enjoy every moment" - Yogi teabag
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - May 14 2015 :  3:27:42 PM  Show Profile
Hello My Porchies...

For The Tea Swap Ladies here is and address update for Mel H. ...please change it on your list (NOW) before you forget.

NEW ADDRESS: 13731 Goldmark Dr. #2104, Dallas, Texas 75240-4221

I just got back from visiting my Greek Brother In Law. He seemed so lost and sad!!! Larry and I had bought him a
beautiful Rose Bush to plant in memory of my Sister In Law. But the look in his eyes said, "This isn't how I want to
remember her." I felt so badly for him. I guess he is going to sell the house and his youngest son is going to
build him a big apartment above their garage. His son and his wife live on top of a hill with a Gorgeous View.
And so that will give him company when he wants it and a lovely place that he won't feel haunted by his wife's memory.
He can't sleep in their bed and he can barely go in the house...he is spending most of his time out in his beautiful
yard and garden. He is planning to make a 6 week visit to his ancestral home in September to visit his sisters. He
is originally from a Greek Fishing Village/Island called Sciros.

Larry and I leave for Spokane for The Trial of our son on Sunday. The trial starts on Monday. It will be a very difficult
trip. My Stepson said that He was at Peace...which is because so many people are praying for him. So, please keep those
prayers coming.

I teach my last Bible Study tonight and then we break for Summer Crafting and Gab Session that will start when I get
back from Spokane.

Pray for me that I don't strangle my Mother...she is being such a pistol. I plan to spend most of the day time hours
with her and only go to court a couple times. I can't sit that long because of my Fibro. It will be hard enough making
that 375 mile car trip 4 times in two weeks. We just have to get out and walk around about 4 times along the way...but
even then my muscles freeze up.

Thanks Heather for the Congrats on the New Grand Child. We are so excited!!!

Ok...need a little nap before I leave for Bible Study.

Love and Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on May 14 2015 3:31:10 PM
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - May 14 2015 :  4:38:57 PM  Show Profile
Oh dear....do you think Mel got my tea package Peg? I hope so.

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - May 14 2015 :  8:19:34 PM  Show Profile
hi girls,
just here for a moment. Tomorrow is my last day with my butterflies and family is starting to arrive for graduation this weekend. My babies are graduating. I can't believe that. I was sorting some pictures and just can't believe how feels like I blinked and they grew up. I am so proud of them. Both of them have worked hard and I so see God molding them into young gentlemen.

Judy I got your tea package. I agree with Peggy I loved it all.
Peggy would you kindly send me the new address for one of the lovely ladies via email. I don't want to leave anyone out and I am afraid I might forget with so much going on.

well ladies, I am going to fly out of here. By the way Judy and Peggy I left yall some sticky notes for your brain ..heheheheheheh I really think that would sell fast.

love to you all
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Purple Skies
http://mypurpleskies.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - May 14 2015 :  11:50:09 PM  Show Profile
Judy...Mel is moving this weekend...so she probably got your tea Pkg. fine.

Teacher Tammy...I was confused about your post. Are you wanting me to email Mel's
change of address to you??? I will!

Off to bed...many errands to run before heading to Spokane this weekend.

Love and Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

cajungal
True Blue Farmgirl

2348 Posts

Houston Area Texas
2348 Posts

Posted - May 15 2015 :  06:16:34 AM  Show Profile
Good morning. Happy Friday!!!

Catherine
Sister #76 (2005)

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page