Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

TexasWildflower
True Blue Farmgirl

206 Posts

Wanda
Hallettsville Texas
USA
206 Posts

Posted - May 15 2015 :  07:05:28 AM  Show Profile
Happy Friday! backatcha, Catherine. What's going on in Porter?

Wanda
Farmgirl sister #3399
www.wandasturrock.com
(Includes 'The Simply Lived Life' blog)
Go to Top of Page

GinghamGirl
Schoolmarm

1409 Posts

Joyce
PE
Canada
1409 Posts

Posted - May 15 2015 :  07:48:42 AM  Show Profile
Hi porchies!!! Sorry I haven't been on here in a while...I've been busy with teaching piano - year-end exams, chores (everything is on my plate as hubby's working so much) and also wrapping up school with my kids. I just love how everything is coming to a wrap-up - and soon I shall have my summer to garden and preserve and relax in the sunshine:) I had a delightful time catching up with you all - I don't really have anything new to say :) You are all in my prayers...

Joyce Hein
Farmgirl Sister #6071
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - May 15 2015 :  07:51:52 AM  Show Profile
Good morning, Porchies!
Judy, your tea arrived yesterday! Yay! We were on our way on a road trip. So, didn't let you know until now. Love my "special verse"! How sweet..and thank you. Hmmm..I think I will try the "full bodied tea with a ..... taste this afternoon..something a little different! That adorable napkin made DH chuckle..That is so me and all my birth sisters! Cracked me up! I loved the other goodies too. Mums the word on those so the others get their surprise. I appreciate your efforts and hope you found some smiles putting the packages together.

Mel, I have your new address written down. Hope your move goes smoothly!

TLT, there's another school year under your belt. Congratulations, to you for managing to graduate your boys! I time for celebration indeed!

Peggy, if you are praying that the trial is postponed then I will also. Your stepson seems to have put his trust in God's hands. Continued prayers.
-Congratulations on the future grand daughter. Make sure to pencil in a play date with Princess Charlotte. I'm sure you grand daughter's calendar will fill quickly. (This is what I tell my family..they already thing I am crackers).
-I understand about Larry's BIL. DH's Aunt has a BIL who mourns his wifes passing so after 2 yrs. that he can hardly bear it. He calls the aunt weekly from across country and cries for hours. Such grief and loneliness.

Heather, Congratulations on your recessive gene...in the calve I mean. Those are such adorable animal babies!

Shannon, I have always envied home-schoolers. Thought I would love to do that myself..also, thought I wasn't smart enough...never realized I just need the right curriculum and perseverance. ( Add a sense of wonder and flexibility to that). Oh, well, too late now. Working with 4-H families and Americorp helped me get over that.

Well, ladies, a friend's mother passed away last week. The family gifted me with her large, unfinished quilt and frame. So, today I will beginning hand quilting the hand-appliqued dresden plate quilt. Wish me luck! My first time hand-quilting! So excited!

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

TexasWildflower
True Blue Farmgirl

206 Posts

Wanda
Hallettsville Texas
USA
206 Posts

Posted - May 15 2015 :  5:33:27 PM  Show Profile
Sloppy, rainy, gloomy day.

If I don't have sunshine, my petals droop.

Well, it's shinin' bright now! So I've come sit and rock and smile with y'all a while.

Hugs to all!!

Wanda
Farmgirl sister #3399
www.wandasturrock.com
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - May 18 2015 :  4:44:43 PM  Show Profile
Hello Ladies! Sorry I've been gone so long but work and life and I'll leave it at that. Look what showed up last night here! Some of it melted before I got the picture but you get the idea LOL I can't believe we've had snow twice this month. We've lost so many plants in the Garden Center at work.

Judy - Received your wonderful tea package. Thank you!

Shannon & Catherine - I used 5 in a Row way back in the day when I homeschooled too.

Linda - Welcome! I've been MIA for several weeks. Be warned - if you're MIA too long Peggy sends out the posse lol. Myy son and DIL live down in Houston. That city is WAY to big. I moved to a small town in ND from the Metro Detroit area about 3 years ago and don't miss that insane lifestyle at all.

Matt goes in for his post surgical appointment Wednesday and should be cleared to go back to work. I'll be dancing LOL Adore him BUT I miss my alone time and i haven't had any in 6 weeks. My doctor has referred me to an endocrinologist due to my test results and thyroid ultrasound. Earliest appointment they can get me in Fargo is August! Hoping maybe they can get me on something that will help with the fatigue.

For my fellow readers - I found an awesome mystery writer, Sue Henry, that I've fallen in love with. I ordered 2 of her books on the paperback swap and I'm addicted. Bought another one on my Kindle already LOL She has the Maxie and Stretch mysteries which you gals would love. Maxie is a 63 yo widow who buys a motor home and travels from her home in Homer, Alaska, around the Midwest with her dachshund, Stretch. I'm almost done with the second book in the series and will be buying the next one soon I'm sure. Murder on the Iditarod Trail was nearly impossible to put down. I don't know how many nights I was up way past my bedtime because I wanted to find out what was going to happen next. There's a low key romance one in this one.

Okay, off to make some supper and do some laundry. We can't find lamb here but found gyro kits in the freezer section at Walmart that we're going to try tonight. Hopefully they are tasty as we miss getting them at Coney Island. Okay, food and restaurants are the only things I miss about the Metro Detroit area LOL.

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://ndprairiegypsy.blogspot.com/
Etsy: PrairieGypsyCrafts
Jamestown, ND
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - May 18 2015 :  6:05:53 PM  Show Profile
Yes Peggy could you email Mel's address to me? Thank you dear

The twins graduated and company left today and I am in end of year meetings and trying to get house back in order and then maybe I can go back to normal life again. But I wouldn't have traded this past week for anything. Seeing both my sons walk across that stage was just made my heart swell with joy. I am going to enjoy summer with them and then they will be heading off to college. Wow!

well I just wanted to check in and let yall know I am still here.
love to you all
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Purple Skies
http://mypurpleskies.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - May 18 2015 :  8:32:01 PM  Show Profile
Hi gals! Wanda I loved the droopy petals comment. lol Reminded me of you when I went outside today after 2 days of off n on rainy weather and my petunias are drooping. Poor things are water logged I think. They still smell great though.
Patsy forced herself to go sight-seeing with her son and his family today, somewhere in Tennessee. She's not enjoying it much though.
Then they rented 2 cabins for the night and are heading back tomorrow. I told her to just enjoy the children
and their antics. I guess it's rained there some too.
Well, it's my bedtime porchies.
G'nite!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"
"The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it is on my list!"
Go to Top of Page

GinghamGirl
Schoolmarm

1409 Posts

Joyce
PE
Canada
1409 Posts

Posted - May 18 2015 :  9:46:14 PM  Show Profile
WOW Tammy!! I can't believe you have snow in May. We didn't get any this year, but the nights still have been quite cold up till about a week ago, so I do plan to finally plant my garden tomorrow. I'm so happy the 6 weeks is nearing an end :) :)

Shannon - I'm praying for you guys...this is tough. I've heard of a couple comments now about Five in a Row - looks like an interesting program! I have a 4 year old, but I haven't done much school with him yet. His fine motor skills just aren't there yet. He turns 5 in November, but since we don't have to officially register a child until they are 7, we didn't register him for KG next year - I do not think, in any way, he's ready.

I had a busy day - I didn't teach today as it's Victoria Day here in BC, Canada, but I saw on Mary Jane's calendar it is Visit your Relatives Day - so that's what we did :) My hubby's parents are on the island (about 3 hours away) so we met for lunch. We then went to some lovely people from our church for a BBQ - where my hubby got called out early to go to work, so he went home while I enjoyed tea on the ocean with them, while the kids played. The kids sure do love playing on the ocean. Tomorrow I am super busy teaching, planting my garden, cleaning the van and the house - and then Wednesday we are off to the mainland to celebrate my father's 65th birthday, but I will be only going for one night - so hopefully I can catch up with you all on Friday or Saturday, when the laundry etc, have been caught up.

Hugs to you all :)

Joyce Hein
Farmgirl Sister #6071
Go to Top of Page

cajungal
True Blue Farmgirl

2348 Posts

Catherine Farmgirl Sister #76
Houston Area Texas
2348 Posts

Posted - May 19 2015 :  04:24:14 AM  Show Profile
Good morning! Happy Tuesday to all y'all.

Catherine
Sister #76 (2005)
One of the best compliments from one of my daughters: "Moma, you smell good...like dirt.

Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - May 19 2015 :  05:30:40 AM  Show Profile
Morning everyone! Life is... Welllllllll...... Interesting here. We had to call the cops out on Saturday, smh. Friday weren't to the zoo for the day for my son's birthday (he turns four today!) and then came home and cut grass. We found two blocks of rat poison behind our trees. We were furious as I had specifically told the neighbori was not going to put rat poison back there, because of my almost two year old and my dog. We picked it up with a plastic bag and finished cutting grass. Saturday morning we were going to go get our chickens back, since the friends that have them are not enjoying them. We were getting things ready, and found ANOTHER block of poison! At this point we called our friends and said we will figure out the chickens next weekend and then called the police. They came out, saw where it was, and went and talked with the neighbor. Apparently that is all they could do, since none of the kids were sick. Had one of the kids eaten it and gotten sick, they would do a full investigation, search her house and garage, and pressed charges. It really makes me worry about bringing back the chickens even more! To top it off, my garden is all of a sudden dying... And it is right next to her side of the fence! Maybe I am being paranoid, but I am worried she is spraying it with something! I really just do not know what to do. I am not a confrontational person and am now scared to go out to my garden, or in the back or front yard, because I do not want to be verbally attacked! She has tried talking with the kids on multiple occasions, and they are obeying and ignoring her! That was our instructions to them for right now... To act like they do not even hear her! I think it is ironic she's still having trouble with mice and rats when we and the other neighbor that were seeing them have not seen any sinceBEFORE our chickens left!

Anyways, things are moving along with the medical board. Hubby has an MRI today. He has to meet with mental healthnextweek. We are still waiting to hear about when the rest of the appointments are going to be.

Doing Before Five in a Rowwith the younger children is proving to be delightful! We do it without six year old, our now four year old, and our almost two year old. It is more geared towards our four year old, but the girls love it too! We are reading CapsFor Sale and are studying monkeys. Yesterday we played a couple games :) It has also been great to reinforce counting and coloring, not to mention just that special time with the little ones! The first day I presented the book, I gave the two year old a stuffed monkey. She has carried it around all day for the last week and a half! Next week we start Come PlayWith Me and will be studying ponds. I am really excited about that one! The older kids are finishing up their school for this year. I still haven't bought my oldest her new English. I think I am going to to use IEW, but my word it is expensive! Thankfully the rest of the subjectswereeasy to pick curriculum for, as we just stuck with the same ones, just a moreadvancedone!

PGTammy - I showed my kids your picture, and they all want snow :) my brother lives in SD and the other weekend they got about a foot of snow! They were calling for a possible two! Hope Matt gets the all clear - both for your sanity and just because it would mean he is healed ;)

TLTammy - I can only fathom the pride you have in your children! Congratulations to you all!

Judy - I too received your delightful package! Thank you so much! It so awesome how they come at just the right time,to lift your spirits! Continuing to pray for you guys and Patsy! Hopefully she will get a little comfort from being with her on and his family, though it is not what she would choose to do!

Joyce - if you are interested, BeforeFive in a Row might be an option for your son. We do not do anything too structured, but it gives us something to look forward to.

Well I need Togo get done. The day isquicklyslipping by. My birthday boy is requesting blueberry pancakes for breakfast, with eggs and meat. Yummy!

~ Shannon

http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

GinghamGirl
Schoolmarm

1409 Posts

Joyce
PE
Canada
1409 Posts

Posted - May 19 2015 :  08:02:32 AM  Show Profile
Shannon - big hugs are being sent your way :( I'm so sorry that this is all happening - You can do ALL things through Christ who strengthens you! :)

I hope you all have a beautiful sunshiney day like we are having!! :)

Joyce Hein
Farmgirl Sister #6071
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - May 19 2015 :  09:18:28 AM  Show Profile
Oh, Shannon, I really feel for what you are going through..with your neighbor and DH. I'll keep praying.

Your neighbor reminds me of one we had years ago. He was a grandfather. His son and family were living in a separate apt. in his house. He put up an electric fence to keep his young gkids IN. As a child and now as an adult I just can't imagine how some people's minds work...or don't.

Of course, this is the same gentlemen who fell off the ladder while painting the second story of his Victorian house. (so, yes, high up) (I saw him fall) He got up and walked away. No, he really did not get hurt. Amazing.

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon

Edited by - forgetmenot on May 19 2015 09:21:51 AM
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - May 19 2015 :  09:29:19 AM  Show Profile
Brad just called. After his MRI, he was filling out paperwork for the disk to be released to his doctor, and the radiologist came out and got him. Apparently he has a herniated disc. The radiologist says it looks severe and he should see a neorosurgeon. Not sure how this is going to affect his medical board. It might actually put it on hold, considering he may need surgery. This explains why it has been so bad lately! I actually had to cut grass this past weekend, because he couldn't! He has really been down on himself about it, so I think knowing there is something there causing the issues will help with the depression/guilt aspect!

~ Shannon

Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - May 19 2015 :  09:40:26 AM  Show Profile
I pray that it will help with the depression and guilt too, Shannon!
My husband had that type of surgery just about a year ago. What a difference it made in his life, health and attitude almost immediately! He is a new man. Good luck with all of this.

Farmgirl sister #3926

Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - May 19 2015 :  6:18:48 PM  Show Profile
And the drama continues.... called the police out again tonight for the neighbor harassing the kids. My 9 yo was banging on the compost container trying to get a lizard to move, and she started screaming at him and saying she was going to call the sheriff. The poor boy thought he was going to be in trouble

~ Shannon

Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - May 20 2015 :  4:23:12 PM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
Where does one begin? First, thank all my dear porchies for the thoughts, prayers and cards and posts here on our behalf. Each one of you is special to me!

The part that touched me most was when my youngest son, Justin, laid a sprig of lily of the valley on his daddy and when we had to leave the room, that sprig was on top of the quilt that covered Jim. The other thing was that when we transplanted those native azalea, we also transplanted 4 trillium and only 1 ever showed up each spring.. but all 4 were up this spring.

I'm doing things I don't want to do and hanging in there.. by a thread sometimes.. but that's when I feel your prayers, cushioning me.
My son took me out to supper on my anniversary and we celebrated Jim's 1st birthday in heaven with a small cake.

Keep praying. I've got some decisions to make..

The Bible says that 2 people are made 1 when they marry.. so having half a heart is really hard. I know the hole will heal in time..

Patsy

Thomas Edison: "Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." :)
Go to Top of Page

TexasWildflower
True Blue Farmgirl

206 Posts

Wanda
Hallettsville Texas
USA
206 Posts

Posted - May 20 2015 :  4:31:46 PM  Show Profile
God be with you, Patsy, upholding you through everything. Stay close to Him. It still won't be easy but, it will be different.

Hugs and Prayers

Wanda
Farmgirl sister #3399
www.wandasturrock.com
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - May 20 2015 :  4:35:18 PM  Show Profile
Oh sweet Patsy! So many hugs and prayers, and so much love coming your way!

~ Shannon

Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - May 21 2015 :  4:30:58 PM  Show Profile
threatened to be shot today.... but because my kids were the only witnesses, cops will only write a report. petrified to be in my house. please please pray for us!

~ Shannon

Go to Top of Page

GinghamGirl
Schoolmarm

1409 Posts

Joyce
PE
Canada
1409 Posts

Posted - May 21 2015 :  8:36:17 PM  Show Profile
Oh sweet Patsy - my heart is so sad for you :( I'm keeping you in my prayers...thank you for sending us a little note here, I really appreciate you letting us know how you are.

Shannon - this is so scary - I'm so sorry this happening to you and your family - I hope that it's not stressing you out too much, and the wee little one inside of you is OK. I'm praying praying praying.

Joyce Hein
Farmgirl Sister #6071
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - May 22 2015 :  08:36:22 AM  Show Profile
Sweet Patsy I am praying for you and your family. Thank you for letting us know how you are doing. It helps me know how to ask God to care for you.

Shannon will keep praying that you and your family stay safe.

I have been lazy this week. I needed time to breathe after two weeks of being busy with graduation and end of year at my school. I have enjoyed the whole week of sleeping in, quiet mornings, reading books and afternoon naps. I feel like myself again.

It is a beautiful day here so I am going to work on flowers a bit and enjoy the day.
love to you all
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Purple Skies
http://mypurpleskies.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - May 22 2015 :  9:08:27 PM  Show Profile
My Porchies...

Just got home from Spokane tonight...and the Trial won't conclude until next Tuesday or Wednesday.
Hubby may go back by himself. I am praying about it. Youngest Son and Family are packing and moving
this weekend...so, I will be over helping them as much as I can. They kept Snickers for us this past
week and really can't do it again next week because of moving and our Vet is booked solid with Boarding
for the Holiday Weekend. So, I will probably stay home with my little Snickers. The Trial was boring
and I don't think the Prosecution proved their case...but I am not the Jury. Daniels attorney made no
defense and both sides closed today. Daniel was furious with his attorney and made an open objection
to the Judge about his Attorney resting the case. Daniel has several Attorney's on the side that have
made Federal Motions against The Judge, The Prosecution and Daniels Attorney. Who knows what will happen
with all that. But the whole thing is one big MESS. I am still trusting God for a Miracle.

Believe it or not...my Mother and I had a good visit for 3 separate days. That was a huge answer to prayer. I
could really see that mom was trying to behave herself and be nice and I was so happy about that.

I read everyone's posts but don't have time to comment to everyone as I am so pooped!

Prairie G. Tammy...I will be checking out those Sue Henry Books. I just finished a book on this trip that was
the first one in a Mystery Series called Maids of Misfortune...A Victorian San Francisco Mystery by M. Louisa Locke.
I will be reading more of those also...just a heads up for our Mystery Readers on the Porch.

Judy...I got a sweet email note from Patsy. I can tell that she is struggling but that is to be expected. I can't
even imagine how empty and lonely her heart is.

Shannon...it sounds like you have The Neighbor from Hell! Oh, my goodness...your poor children and pets!! I will be
praying about this for you. Why do people have to be so ornery? I don't get it. It is so much simpler to be Kind and
Encouraging.

Teacher Tammy...sounds like you are going to have a special summer with your boys. I bet you were Proud as a Peacock
when they received their diplomas.

Judith...so good to see you on here more my dear friend. You are such a joy!!

OK...to bed early for me...but I still have to unpack.

Oh, I got the Cutest Sign on my trip at the new Hobby Lobby in Spokane...It looks like one of those chalk board
signs and it says "Urban Farmgirl"... yup that's me!!! LOL

So, good to be back home,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Dec 2011-Farmgirl of the Month
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

Don't allow others to steal the Glitz from your *SPARKLE*

Life is too short to knit with ugly yarn!

Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch

Edited by - LadyInRed on May 22 2015 11:56:56 PM
Go to Top of Page

GinghamGirl
Schoolmarm

1409 Posts

Joyce
PE
Canada
1409 Posts

Posted - May 22 2015 :  9:22:00 PM  Show Profile
Peggy - I'm so thrilled to hear that you and your mom had a lovely time!! I'm sorry to hear about the trial...God is in control :) I will keep praying.

Tammy - I'm thrilled you got some time to be lazy :) I can't imagine my kiddies graduated - I'm so thrilled I get the privilege of homeschooling them and having them with me every day - I know I'm going to be one sad momma when they graduate and move on.

Shannon - how are things? I'm praying and thinking of you...I hope everything is OK.

Joyce Hein
Farmgirl Sister #6071
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - May 22 2015 :  10:14:57 PM  Show Profile
Popping in real quick.... It is a little after one in the morning here... Yesterday (Friday) was pretty bad for us! But for different reasons... Our German shepherd knocked our almost 23 month old behind the legs, causing her to fall down one step... In the process, her right lower leg is broken - BOTH bones! I am overwhelmed with life right now! We keep trying to figure out what it is Gd is tryi to tell us, and I am not sure we have figured it out yet... I think he wants us out of this house, but not sure what else He is saying!

Peggy - I am heartbroken to hear about your son's trial! It breaks my heart his lawyer is not doing all he should be doing! Praying for you guys!

~ Shannon

Go to Top of Page

GinghamGirl
Schoolmarm

1409 Posts

Joyce
PE
Canada
1409 Posts

Posted - May 22 2015 :  10:32:47 PM  Show Profile
OH Shannon - this is NOT what I was hoping to hear. Praying for you...big hugs.

Joyce Hein
Farmgirl Sister #6071
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page