Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2015 :  08:15:03 AM  Show Profile
Wow, good to hear from so many. Welcome back yall!
Patsy went to her daughters last night. We took her down via hospital to see her SIL. He has a bad heart and diabetes. Was having trouble breathing. Says he's finally gonna quit smoking. We'll see. So she wanted to be at hospital with DD.
Tammy, sounds like you had fun and isn't it nice to be missed? *giggle* I can't even imagine a bookstore that's 4 floors...and a café' too. Wow! Does life on earth get any better than that? I think not!
We are having the perfect weather today. 77, sunny, a few gorgeous clouds to stare at and imagine 'creatures-of-all-kinds' in. haha Gotta love that.
Well off to check washer. Love that clothesline freshness!
By-eeee for now!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"
"The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it is on my list!"
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2015 :  2:00:44 PM  Show Profile
OK Porchies...Now we're talken. Good to see some return faces and people sharen their summer.
I Love It!!!

Judy...glad you and your sissy are getting some wonderful time together...but also those occasional
breaks that are needed too. Though if my sissy were still alive I would probably gobble her up and
never let her go. I miss her sooooooooooooooo much! Even our occasional tiffs.

Denise...speaking of Harvest. You will never guess what I noticed yesterday? Tree Leaves turning their
Autumn colors...already!!! Usually we don't see that until late August, early Sept. I don't want to
get an early Fall this year...but I must say Everything is about a month early this year. We are suppose
to have a dry Fall and Winter and I for one am HAPPY about that. I feel so much better when it is dry
and warm.

Kathy...Welcome back girl. Sounds like you are still pretty busy...with an Amazing Garden!!! Would love
to be able to provide all my own food because I agree with you...I love knowing where it is coming from.
Hope you can come on more often and sit a spell.

Teacher Tammy...Oh, goodness girl it sounds like you had a Wonderful Trip!!! I am so happy for you.
Don't you love those big Barnes and Nobles??? Victoria Canada has a big one...3 stories I believe. It
has been so long since I've been there. I would love to visit a 4 Story one. I would be in book Heaven!!!
We have a two story one in one of the bedroom communities of Portland. It is nice!!

Well My Porchies...found out two days ago that Mr. Elijah is going to have a Baby Sister in Dec. We all
thought it was a girl and we are all correct and so happy about that!!! I think they are going to name
her Savannah Grace Smith. They call Elijah (not me though) Eli so they will probably shorten her name to
Anna. I love Anna Grace...so that is what I will probably call her. She is due to arrive Dec. 17th (or
whenever she darn well pleases! LOL)

Off to a Dr. Apptmnt...more later girls.

Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Dec 2011-Farmgirl of the Month
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

Don't allow others to steal the Glitz from your *SPARKLE*

Life is too short to knit with ugly yarn!

Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch
Go to Top of Page

beachymom
True Blue Farmgirl

467 Posts

Kathy
Manchester Tennessee
USA
467 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2015 :  2:44:58 PM  Show Profile
Congrats Peggy on your new baby girl (to come). I have a grand-niece named Anna Grace. My MIL used to call her 'Anna-banana'!!
We collected 4 eggs from our 3 hens today!! We got 3 yesterday, so I know we didn't overlook one. Now how do you suppose that happened?
It rained all morning, but the sun came out finally about an hour ago. So, I picked another gallon bag full of beautiful, red, ripe tomatoes. Several more squash, zucchini & cucumbers. Tomatoes to the freezer. Squash to the ducks! They are really getting fat on my harvest. Good thing they like their veggies. (Tee hee)

Hugs and Squishies!!

Kathy

Farmgirl Sister #3983

Take care of the land and it will take care of you.
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2015 :  10:50:52 AM  Show Profile
Congrats Peggy on baby girl...lovely name. We are awaiting grandbaby number two for my daughter in law any day now. She is ready for that baby boy to be born. Name is being kept a secret until he is born. I did have a lovely trip. I tell you if they had a Barnes and Noble with 3 or 4 floors my hubby would never get me to go home. :)

Kathy...I just love hearing about the eggs. Sounds like your veggies are doing well.

Judy glad you and your sweet sis are having time together. Always need that.

It is a bit warmer here today. WE have had lovely weather but it is July as the weatherman reminded us. So I have been working on some things for my classroom. Hubby is to help me move some things around this afternoon in my room before they clean on Saturday. The boys are getting things ready for college they will begin classes a month from tomorrow. We are excited for their next step in the journey.

My sweet dog Jax is getting a haircut tomorrow. I laughed when the boys tell me he is naughty for them. I said he is a dog who has a routine and he doesn't like you messing with it. Since I have been home he has been a jewel. But then he is like his mama. We like routine...hahahahahha

well ladies I best check my laundry and get a few things accomplished this afternoon. It is sure good to see some more yall on the porch. I was beginning to think Peggy would be sending out the posse very soon.

love and hugs,
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Purple Skies
http://mypurpleskies.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2015 :  11:11:29 AM  Show Profile
Just a quick note - got my tea today - thank you!!!! It looks yummy, and I can't wait to try it! Not much else new, just about fully recovered from the hysterectomy and pretty much back to normal. Work is busy, and now starting to process tomatoes, peppers and herbs.

Hugs,
Luanne

beekeepersgirl #691

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.

My blog: finallyafarmgirl.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2015 :  11:35:16 AM  Show Profile
Yay! We finally have internet at the new house! Now I can keep in proper touch :) I am still terribly sick... it has caused delays in getting the old house down and we are praying it will be done by the end of the weekend. Our plan is to have it professionally cleaned on Monday and then professional pictures on Tuesday or Wednesday, and then listing it. Praying it sells really quickly! Paying both a mortgage and rent is hard!!! Hoping life calms down before Emi gets here... she is due in under 6 weeks!!!

~ Shannon

http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2015 :  12:21:14 PM  Show Profile
3 chickies and 4 eggs? All I can say is 'ouch!'Somebody pulled a 'double-barrel' job. Go Girl!hahaha
That's one for the Guinness book!haha
Shannon, I sure hope your old house sells quickly and the neighbor lady doesn't hinder the process.
Sorry you still aren't feeling well. Hope that goes away! SOON!
TLTammy, I got my tea today. Thank you! One wasn't marked or in a foil pouch. What kind is it...please!
Your Jax sounds like a little stinker.Glad you are home now so he can relax and get back into his groove. hahaha
Well girlies, make it a great day!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2015 :  5:00:08 PM  Show Profile
Just a quick jump on and off porch, girls. Miss you all. Hope I can focus enough to write more soon.
Congrats, Peggy! Love the name..Anna Grace!

TLTammy, I received your tea pkg today also! Thank you, so much!
Such a sweet poem and special bookmark! Your teas smell really great!

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2015 :  9:59:24 PM  Show Profile
Tammy...I got my Tea Pkg today too. Love the Poem and Tuck. The Teas smells yummy. What is the
Harney & Sons one with no name on it? ~ Jax must be very happy having Mommy home, shame on those
boys for messing up his Routine. LOL! I'm sure he was just lonely for you!!! I can't believe
the boys head to College in a month and you are back to getting ready for school.

Well, hubby just came out to watch tv with me...so more later girls!

Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2015 :  7:13:01 PM  Show Profile
Hello everybody!

Tammy - I received my teas!

We got back Monday evening from our MN lake trip. It was really an enjoyable trip this time thanks to planning on my part. Next year when we go I'll remember to pack more lunch items. Matt's buddy's sisters came and stayed while we were there so we got to meet them. They cooked us wonderful suppers! The only sour note was Tip had another really severe seizure during our last night there. Matt thought I was crazy wanting a rug to put in the tent but it ended up protecting Tip during his seizure. I'd taken their dog beds but he was half on and half off the bed. I'm really glad I enjoy glamping up the tent! At least the rug provided some cushioning to his old bones. I took him into the vet Tuesday and she put him on phenobarbital. Now we're dealing with the side effects of that, his loss of control of his hind legs being the biggest side effect but hopefully that will stop once the med stabilizes in his blood. The sad thing is I have this horrible feeling I don't have much longer with him so I'll enjoy what time we have left. Otherwise the furkids had an enjoyable trip as well. Oreo hung out with me on a floaty one evening and enjoyed some water time. Lacey who rarely goes more than a paw or two into the water ventured out to her neck to me while I was on the floaty. Maybe I can get her to try swimming next year LOL.

Has anybody seen Clothing Monster clothes? The website is http://clothingmonster.com/en/ I checked it out this week and they have the most adorable clothes! I found an absolutely too cute husky puppy tshirt and ordered it for Jordon for Christmas. I couldn't pass up the border collie puppy for myself and also bought a wolf scene hoodie. I can't wait to see if they're as cute as they look online.

Well off to read a bit before bed. Hope everybody has a wonderful weekend!

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://ndprairiegypsy.blogspot.com/
Etsy: PrairieGypsyCrafts
Jamestown, ND
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2015 :  11:57:06 PM  Show Profile
PG Tammy...how do you treat your dog for fleas? Oral or topical. We had two dogs that had seizures from Topical
Medication from our Vets. Non of us associated it with the flea-meds but me after a couple of years. We would take
them to the Vet and they would say "Oh, they are just breeds that are susceptible to seizures. The older dog we
had to put down because he bit a neighbor and had gotten aggressive. But the younger one we took off the Topical
Meds and she was fine after we made the change. Just a thought! ~ Glad you had a good camping trip other than that.

Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2015 :  10:04:21 AM  Show Profile
Peggy - I have had them on Frontline for years and he's not had any issues. I switched Lacey & Oreo to a new chewable but my vet didn't feel it was safe for Tip because of his past history of seizures so he's still on the Frontline. I don't use it year around, just in the summer. I'm not positive, but I think the first major seizure occurred prior to my starting him back on flea preventative this year. It's something for me to watch though.

I jumped on quick to share a new discovery. I just discovered a magazine some of you may enjoy. It's called Molly Green. It's by the publishers of This Old Schoolhouse magazine. It appears to focus on homekeeping, homeschooling and homesteading. I signed up for the flash sale price of $9.95. There's an app you can read it free digitally online that I wasn't aware of when I ordered but I'll enjoy the print copy so no biggy. The cover of the fall magazine looks awesome. Here's a description and info on it:

Molly Green Magazine is a PRINT, quarterly color magazine found on store shelves such as Barnes & Noble, Books A Million, Hastings and many others. Subscribers pay $24/year but until the 26th of July, the one year subscription "flash sale" is just $9.95/year.

Big name homestead writers such as Jaimie Bauer, Patrice Lewis, Creek Stewart and plenty others to help you with HOMEsteading, HOMEkeeping, HOMEschooling and HOMEindustry. Come pick up several subs at this low price - Christmas is coming. Excellent gift for anyone HOME-minded in your life. Ends July 28.

Okay, back to my regularly scheduled day of cleaning LOL

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
Jamestown, ND
Go to Top of Page

beachymom
True Blue Farmgirl

467 Posts

Kathy
Manchester Tennessee
USA
467 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2015 :  10:55:36 AM  Show Profile
Gypsy - I found the app for Molly Green and it only allows you to preview each issue. You can't read any complete article. Darn.
I'm heading out to the bookstore to look for it.
At first I thought you were talking about "Mollie Makes" which is a magazine that comes from Great Britian. I run into it at my book store, now & then, but I think it only comes out every other month. It's a crafters magazine. It doesn't have any articles about homeschooling.
We didn't know about homeschooling when my children were little, or I probably would've done it. Looking back now, I really wish I had. I did what I could, but by The time they were in sixth grade most of their schoolwork was over my head in math. Good thing their father is a math genius. I could help them with everything else though.

Hugs and Squishies!!

Kathy

Farmgirl Sister #3983

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2015 :  11:24:48 AM  Show Profile
Happy, Blessed SonDay gals! A short storm just blew thru and cooled it down a tad. More possible later. We shall see. Otherwise hot'n muggy.
I sure wish there had been home schooling when I was a child because I was very shy and math was very hard...to me...so I had terrible grades all thru grade school.Gettin a tutor was mentioned by the parents, but THAT was said as a THREAT! It wasn't cool to have to have a tutor! OMGosh No!!! Looking back now, I wish had done it. I've not had any trouble counting back change in my jobs in retail over the years, but I still feel bad about it all.Being shy was such a horrible thing. *sigh*
Well, just had to add my 2 cents. hahaha Have a Great day!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2015 :  6:11:04 PM  Show Profile
Kathy - if you go to the website in the mercantile section I think I saw the premiere and maybe another 1 or 2 issues free digitally for download. There were quite a few articles on the app you can read or maybe I could because I'd ordered the printed magazine. Hmm. Let me know what you think if you find it. I did homeschool my four kids. Matthew got a GED without studying before he went into the Army and I think Chantel got a GED also. Bre decided to go to an alternative high school school because she thought she was missing out on the whole school thing. After the divorce I couldn't continue so Jordon had to go into the public school system to finish so he did a year in jr. high and all of high school in public school. There were good and bad points to it. If I'd had a better husband it could have been a lot better. There are so many more resources now than when I started too that could have helped. I loved This Old Schoolhouse Magazine. There were so many that were so unrealistic for our family as they seemed to think all homeschoolers had infinite amounts of cash to buy things with.

Okay, I'm off for a good soak in the tub. Night everybody!

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
Jamestown, ND
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2015 :  6:36:32 PM  Show Profile
Hi ladies,
so glad you are getting your tea. The tea that is from Harney that has no name...due to vacation brain here..hehehe is called Celebration tea. Yep go ahead and celebrate. It is lovely with a bit of sugar and half and half to make it a dessert tea if you like or it is wonderful on its own as well. Enjoy ladies.

Tomorrow I have CPR class for school and then I await patiently for grandbaby to make his little appearance. So I will probably work in classroom to keep occupied, especially since I seem to be a bit behind everyone else at our school...but this Madame Butterfly will be ready when the time comes. It looks like I will have 20 little butterflies on a regular basis but also teaching language arts to 5th and 6th while my class is in science and computer. So I will need strong wings to flutter about.

well Jax and I are going on our nightly romp outside now that it is a bit cooler.
love to you all,
Tammy

Go to Top of Page

beachymom
True Blue Farmgirl

467 Posts

Kathy
Manchester Tennessee
USA
467 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2015 :  7:09:46 PM  Show Profile
Gypsy - I found the website, but to see an issue, I'd have to buy a subscription. I already have subscriptions to MaryJane, Mother Earth & Grit so I just can't afford any other magazines. I do buy craft mags every once in awhile, and if I come across Molly Green mag, perhaps I'll try an issue.

Well ladies, it's getting dark & I need to close up the duck & chicken barn for the night.

Have a good night.

Hugs and Squishies!!

Kathy

Farmgirl Sister #3983

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2015 :  12:54:45 AM  Show Profile
Oh, it is good to see everyone so Chatty today. I am just popping on to ask for prayer.

I had a difficult fibro weekend...but today about 3:00 my youngest son came over to get me and told me
that my Aunt died over in Portland and the Police were waiting there to see what I wanted to do with
her body. The Medical Examiner wouldn't come because she had been sick this past week. What the heck!?*%?

So, anyway...I get there and she had died in her recliner with her dinner plate on her lap. My mom had talked
to her last night about 8:00 and my Aunt had told her that she had just eaten but still didn't feel good.
She had been throwing up for a couple of days. She was suppose to have an MRI on her Adrenal Glands tomorrow
because her Dr. said she had a growth or something on them. Well, I had to call and cancel that tonight.
She looked peaceful...just like she laid her head back and went to sleep. But she had thrown up on herself a
little bit. I am just so Thankful that she knew the Lord and loved him. My mom is 82 and lives 400 miles away...
so she wants to sign everything over to me so I can deal with it all. This is the third family member in
2 months to die. So, we feel a bit overwhelmed. The other two were my husbands siblings. My son will go with me
to see an Attorney tomorrow to have papers written up to transfer the executor-ship over to me. Pray for me...
I am at Peace with her passing but I need God's super-natural strength to deal with doing everything I need to
do both legally and to get rid of all her "stuff". Thanks Girls!

Weary Already,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Jul 27 2015 12:57:03 AM
Go to Top of Page

beachymom
True Blue Farmgirl

467 Posts

Kathy
Manchester Tennessee
USA
467 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2015 :  06:15:34 AM  Show Profile
Peggy - so sorry for your loss. Of course we'll pray for you and your family.
God never gives you more than He knows you can handle. But, I know how hard this can be.

When my mother-in-law had altzimers, hubby & I handled everything right through her death.

God bless you and your family.

Hugs and Squishies!!

Kathy

Farmgirl Sister #3983

Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7443 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7443 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2015 :  07:13:11 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
Peggy -

So sorry to hear, Peggy. You will be able to do it! I'm sending hugs and prayers your way. Sometimes we are handed a lot, but not more than we can handle. I lost a husband and my mother within 5 months of each other (10 years ago) and was executor for both. It was not easy, but I got everything done, even though one was in California and Texas and the other was in Illinois. I sold 3 houses in 3 states within a year.

Farmgirl hugs,
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX
Farmgirl #1919

"Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly . . . on a broomstick - we're flexible, like that."
Go to Top of Page

TexasWildflower
True Blue Farmgirl

206 Posts

Wanda
Hallettsville Texas
USA
206 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2015 :  07:30:23 AM  Show Profile
Bless your heart, Peggy. I'm so very sad to hear this. You will make it, with God's help.

In my prayers.

Wanda
Farmgirl sister #3399
www.wandasturrock.com
'The Simply Lived Life' blog http://www.wandasturrock.com/website/blog/
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2015 :  08:11:11 AM  Show Profile
Peg-girl, I'm so sorry! My heart is heavy all over again. Sending tears up for you and also Praying! God will give you the strength dear friend! Love and extra hugs too!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2015 :  5:29:48 PM  Show Profile
Peggy I am so sorry for your loss. Sending prayers up for you to have strength.

I became a grandma today. Hudsyn James Schroeder was born this am. He is a cutie. We don't have pictures to share yet but when we do I will be sharing. He weighed the same as his brother and was the same length. We just smiled at that. Big brother is very happy and mama is doing well. She will be in hospital for a day or two as she had a C-section. I will be going down later this week to help out and see the little guy and give some grandma love.

I spent most of the day in my classroom working and redoing as I have a teacher who I co teach with on a few things who is being a pill. So I had to redo and change things out and it made for a difficult day there. But my sweet hubby came to the rescue and helped me fix and move. So hopefully tomorrow will be a bit more productive.

It is a bit hot for Jax and I yet so will wait a bit and then water flowers and have evening tea.

love to you all,
Tammy

Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2015 :  5:55:46 PM  Show Profile

Hudsyn James and big brother Layton Lee...can I just say how cute they are and that I can't wait to see them later this week.

Love and hugs,
Tammy

Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2015 :  6:06:15 PM  Show Profile
So very very sweet - congratulations!!!!

~ Shannon

http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page