Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2015 :  11:53:54 PM  Show Profile
Hey...just a reminder to all our Christian Farmgirls on The Porch..."The War Room" starts tomorrow in Theaters.
It has Bible Study Teachers Priscilla Sherear and Beth Moore in it and some other great actors and actresses in
the Christian Community. Should be really good.

Thanks for the prayers Teacher Tammy and the tea and brownies. Yummo!

Hugs and Smiles,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Dec 2011-Farmgirl of the Month
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

Don't allow others to steal the Glitz from your *SPARKLE*

Life is too short to knit with ugly yarn!

Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2015 :  09:44:40 AM  Show Profile
Hello my porchies! Wanted to let you know that Emi is here!!! My water broke Wednesday morning... but no contractions. We finally came to the hospital around 7:30 that night... no contractions. They started me on pitocin around 2 Thursday morning... irregular contractions. So last night, at 1940, Emi was born via c-section, almost 36 hours after my waters ruptured! Because of how long I had been ruptured, we are both being observed for infection. So far everything looks good.

~ Shannon

http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/

Edited by - hudsonsinaf on Aug 28 2015 10:34:23 AM
Go to Top of Page

RabbitGirl
Farmgirl in Training

47 Posts

Laura
St Augustine FL
USA
47 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2015 :  10:18:10 AM  Show Profile
Awww! She is sooo adorable! Congratulations Shannon! Since you have to hang out at the hospital for a bit, I hope you can get some rest!

Laura
St Augustine, FL
Go to Top of Page

TexasWildflower
True Blue Farmgirl

206 Posts

Wanda
Hallettsville Texas
USA
206 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2015 :  10:51:28 AM  Show Profile
B-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l!!! Congratulations, Shannon. Thank you for posting the picture.

Wanda
Farmgirl sister #3399
www.wandasturrock.com
'The Simply Lived Life' blog http://www.wandasturrock.com/website/blog/
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2015 :  10:59:12 AM  Show Profile
Congratulations Shannon...Emi is just gorgeous!!! Sorry you had to go through 36 hours before the C-Section.
But I must say the Prize at The End of the Wait...is beautiful!!! Get some rest and love on that little
doll baby.

Hugs and Blessings,
PeggyAnn

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

prichmond9
True Blue Farmgirl

54 Posts

Peggy
Pelham Tennessee
USA
54 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2015 :  12:05:03 PM  Show Profile
Oh, how wonderful, she is so pretty! Wishing you a speedy recovery time and that all is well with Emi and you.
quote:
Originally posted by hudsonsinaf

Hello my porchies! Wanted to let you know that Emi is here!!! My water broke Wednesday morning... but no contractions. We finally came to the hospital around 7:30 that night... no contractions. They started me on pitocin around 2 Thursday morning... irregular contractions. So last night, at 1940, Emi was born via c-section, almost 36 hours after my waters ruptured! Because of how long I had been ruptured, we are both being observed for infection. So far everything looks good.

~ Shannon

Farm girl #5880
Consider the possibilities
Wherever I am, that's where I will be.
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7446 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7446 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2015 :  3:46:04 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
Emi is soooooooooooo cute, Shannon. Congratulations to you and the entire family.

Farmgirl hugs,
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX
Farmgirl #1919

"Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly . . . on a broomstick - we're flexible, like that."
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2015 :  3:54:19 PM  Show Profile
awwww ,Shannon and family....congrats on that new little cutie. How much does she weigh?

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"
"The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it is on my list!"
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2015 :  4:36:43 PM  Show Profile
Oh, Shannon, Emi is just beautiful! Sorry you had to go through such a long labor!

FYI: Make sure the test for Strep B virus. Its a very common and inexpensive test. However, this a very important test if they worry about infection.

I'm so happy your wait is over..yes, get a little rest if you can.

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2015 :  4:51:32 PM  Show Profile
Thank you everyone! She weighs 7 lb 8 oz, and is 20 inches long.

We were tested for Strep B just over a week ago, and that was negative. The infection they are worried about is chorioamnionitis. Strep B can cause it, as can other naturally there bacteria. But the concern is because the membranes were ruptured for so long.

~ Shannon

Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2015 :  7:29:00 PM  Show Profile
Oh Shannon,
she is just beautiful. so glad your wait is over. Hope you and your family will be together at home soon.
love and hugs,
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Purple Skies
http://mypurpleskies.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

kymomma4
True Blue Farmgirl

516 Posts

RoDonna
Frankfort Kentucky
USA
516 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2015 :  8:06:12 PM  Show Profile
Shannon! She is so beautiful! Glad that you and her are doing well. I bet that your other children were anxious to meet her as well. Congratulations!

To my other pochies.....just stopping by to say hello and good night. The children, my best friend, her little one and I went to the library today. Always fun. I found some more homesteading books to look at...Herbs for Dummies, The Country Encyclopedia, and one about making gifts out of stuff you already have. Should be interesting reads. Oh and I got the movie "Exodus".

Have a great night porchies!! Hugs!

RoDonna

Farmgirl #2361
"Blessed is the farmgirl who helps make the world a better and healthy place" ~ Me

"For she is clothed with dignity and strength and without fear of the future"-Proverbs 31:25
www.pinterest.com/kymomma4
www.facebook.com/onthehomestead
Go to Top of Page

beachymom
True Blue Farmgirl

467 Posts

Kathy
Manchester Tennessee
USA
467 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2015 :  10:18:15 AM  Show Profile
Shannon- What a beautiful little girl! I am 62 this year, but I remember thinking with each of my 4 pregnancies, that the prize will always be worth the pain! And, I never remember just how small babies are, since mine are all very tall now. Rest as much as you can. I know everyone is happy she is here, and ya'll are safe and sound. My only advise to you is to let your family pamper you for awhile while you and Emi get to know each other.

I've decided to try my hand at free motion machine quilting. I'm going to start with a pillow for my son-in-law. I'm X-stitching a dragon then will add borders around it where I'll try out the free motion. I watched a "Sewing With Nancy" episode on MPT for beginners and I think that's something I can do. I'll let everybody know how it turns out.

We're going to an auction this evening. I'm hoping to pick up some wooden shelves. At the very least, we'll eat greasy cheeseburgers & spicy nachos!

Later ladies.

Hugs and Squishies!!

Kathy

Farmgirl Sister #3983

Take care of the land and it will take care of you.
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2015 :  12:29:04 PM  Show Profile
ATTENTION ALL 2015 TEA SWAPPERS: HERE IS THE NEW ADDRESS FOR SHANNON...

Shannon Hudson
290 Killarney Trail
Moncks Corner SC 29461

Please correct this on your list NOW while you are thinking about it.

Thank You,
PeggyAnn/Hostess

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Aug 29 2015 12:32:04 PM
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2015 :  6:08:28 PM  Show Profile
Oh! PeggyAnn, thanks for the reminder! I'be written down Shannon's new address twice so far. Now, a third time. Just wait. I'll be one to send to the old address.

I'm getting excited about the Sept. exchange, and am just waiting for something to arrive by mail so I can put the final touches on the pkgs. before mailing!

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7446 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7446 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2015 :  7:15:38 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
Enjoy the tea swap. Sounds like fun!

Farmgirl hugs,
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX
Farmgirl #1919

"Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly . . . on a broomstick - we're flexible, like that."

Edited by - quiltee on Aug 29 2015 7:18:04 PM
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2015 :  9:23:09 PM  Show Profile
Hi all :) Just an update... we are still in the hospital. They are concerned about Emi's levels... worried she has an infection. They drew more labs a couple hours ago. I am finding myself going through a lot of different emotions right now, which is normal, but am really struggling through them! Dealing with the possibility of her infection, on top of "failing" and needing a c-section, on top of healing from the c-section, on top of being unable to take care of my other kids, plus needing to take care of things with my old neighbor (it is really difficult for me not to wonder if there is correlation between her causing my blood pressure to sky rockets and my water to break!), and needing to get our house sold so we can quit borrowing from a loan to pay both a mortgage and rent! I have little control over much of any of it, yet am beating myself up over much of it!

~ Shannon

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2015 :  10:03:27 PM  Show Profile
Shannon Dear...Close your eyes and take some really deep cleansing breaths! Like 10 of them!
Now, picture yourself in a place where you find total peace and calmness (the ocean maybe).
Sit back in your reclining beach chair and feel the warmth of the sun but with a cool breeze blowing
gently through your hair. You have brought a book...but it is laying there un-opened because you
just want to enjoy the sound of the waves, the sea-gulls and the children splashing and giggling as
they play. Deep breathe again...five times. Smell the salty air and rejoice that you are in a place
where all of life's problems just seem to wash away with the lapping surf. You know that you serve a
God who can calm the child in the middle of her storm...and he is and he will. Deep breathe again.
Feel the sun kiss your cheek, the breeze rustle the pages of your book, and hear the laughter of those
little voices. For once in a very long time you feel that all is right in your world...because God has
your back. He has your life in the palm of his hand...and he wants only His Best For You. Breathe! Relax! Breathe! Relax!

Don't tell God how big your storm is...tell your storm how big YOUR GOD IS!

Praying for you dear heart! Let it all Go!

May His Peace Reign Down On You,
PeggyAnn

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Aug 29 2015 10:14:02 PM
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7446 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7446 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2015 :  10:09:59 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
Shannon -

I second everything PeggyAnn said - I couldn't have said it better. As you yourself said, you have little control over most of it. Relax and let God take over.

Hugs,
Linda

Farmgirl hugs,
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX
Farmgirl #1919

Go to Top of Page

queenmushroom
True Blue Farmgirl

985 Posts

Lorena
Centerville Me
USA
985 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2015 :  11:27:14 AM  Show Profile
Congratulations Shannon! She is beautiful. Now regarding the other things going on...You didn't fail anything. Just because you needed a C-section doesn't mean you failed at anything. How soon were you due? If you were induced a little early due to your blood pressure, it's ok. I was induced due to my blood pressure. Everything came out fine. You're emotional because your hormones are out of whack. Your children are in safe hands. Your neighbor will just have to wait. That baby is your priority as well as you getting better. Just one moment at a time. One thought at a time. One breath at a time. All will be fine and in Gods time not yours. Prayers sent.

Well, Things are starting to come together. Total of 15-20 flea bombs later as well as additional pyrethrin spray, and tearing up floors to get under the boards upstairs, and washing EVERYTHING (clothes, closets, walls etc), things are starting to come together SLOWLY. Later today we're laying new rug upstairs (I know asking for trouble but can't convince the hubby otherwise). Planning on preventative 2-3 times a week by mixing food grade DE with yarrow and neem powder and eucaplyptus oil. Supposed to work. I can use this on the cats as long as I don't put the oil in it. My mother in law has been generous to let us stay with her through this mess. She even came over today to help some.

My mom had her nuclear testing done last week. Not sure when she'll get the results.

Now off to get my paperwork done for tomorrow.

TTFN

Lorie

Patience is worth a bushel of brains...from a chinese fortune cookie
Go to Top of Page

queenmushroom
True Blue Farmgirl

985 Posts

Lorena
Centerville Me
USA
985 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2015 :  11:33:55 AM  Show Profile
Wanda, Had to. When our dog went over the rainbow bridge, he left a huge mess on the carpeting. Even though I tried cleaning the messes up with baking soda and vinegar, then after he was gone, a rug shampooer, it didn't clean well at all and still stunk. That combined with fleas, they were beyond gone.
quote:
Originally posted by quiltee

Thanks, Peggy. I will start packing things up, too. That's what I figured I'd have to start doing. Sometimes I am gone when the winds pick up, so I will have to pack up when I can. It is nice to have a breeze when sitting out there. In the winter I pack everything away in the garage.

Farmgirl hugs,
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX
Farmgirl #1919

Patience is worth a bushel of brains...from a chinese fortune cookie
Go to Top of Page

TexasWildflower
True Blue Farmgirl

206 Posts

Wanda
Hallettsville Texas
USA
206 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2015 :  11:51:39 AM  Show Profile
Lorie - It wasn't saving the carpets/rugs I was concerned about. It was the millions of flea eggs that were scattered outside wherever the carpets were thrown, instead of being rolled up and burned right away.

I'm glad things are coming along for y'all now. Hope it just keeps getting better.

Wanda
Farmgirl sister #3399
www.wandasturrock.com
'The Simply Lived Life' blog http://www.wandasturrock.com/website/blog/
Go to Top of Page

Sobyn
True Blue Farmgirl

752 Posts

Sabrina
Kansas
USA
752 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2015 :  05:19:06 AM  Show Profile
CONGRATULATIONS SHANNON!!! I will try to email you later. I'm so sorry this crazy neighbor is still causing grief.

Everyone else- sorry I'm still mia. CC starts this week, I'm almost ready and things should even out after this. Hopefully I can be more consistent here. In addition to getting ready for that and hubby being gone (he has been home a week now) the baby is going through a super clingy phase where he just wants me to hold him all the time-nobody else just me. And half the time he still isn't happy. It has made it hard to get much done. Hopefully that phase will pass soon!

Tea packages went in the mail today, I got them out this month....barely. Hopefully they don't take too long to get to you!

I tried to catch up with the other posts but I've just missed too much. In addition to normal stuff (hubby gone, hubby coming home, coop starting, soccer starting, getting ready for cc and normal household/parenting stuff) my granddad passed away last week. It is really hard to be waaaay over here in Germany when that kind of thing happens and there was no way I could go home.

Well I've gotta run now, I grabbed a few minutes to write this while daughter held the baby but he is getting fussy again!

Sabrina

Farmgirl Sister #3275

Norwex www.sabrinascheerer.norwex.biz
Usborne Books and More! https://j4070.myubam.com

~~~Blog coming soon!!!~~~
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2015 :  06:59:50 AM  Show Profile
Well My Porchies... I woke up way too early. 6:00 am and I must admit that I don't usually see
that time too often unless I am having sleeping trouble. I only have had 3 1/2 hours of sleep.

We finally got a heavy rain here yesterday...which we really really really needed! My Firefighter
Son-In-Law said that it wasn't enough to help the Fires however. Hopefully it at least dampened
the dry ground enough to keep them from going up in flames. As you know rain often comes with
Lightening Strikes too...so who knows if there were more fires started because of that.

So, with the rain comes pain for me. So, I pretty much had a Pajama weekend. I was going to watch my
Grandson so his folks could go to a Wedding in Hillsboro. They had seen me on Friday Night as we all
went out to Pizza to Celebrate Sadie's moms birthday...and I was already feeling the weather change.
So, they decided to just take Elijah with them to the wedding...but then there was a terrible accident
on the Freeway and it completely shut the traffic down...so they ended up exiting and turning around
and coming home.

One of the gals in my Bible Study group came over on Friday and brought me a Dozen Gala Apples and the
cutest book by Karla Dornacher called "Sweet As Apple Pie". Nancy was trying to cheer me up because of
My Aunts death and everything I was going through I guess. It was such a sweet thing for her to do.
But then Yikes I had a dozen apples in my frig. already. So, even though I wasn't feeling well...yesterday
I took all the apples I already had and made a pot of homemade Apple Sauce. I like to make it real chunky
when I make it. It sure made the House smell good too. Like Fall!!!

Are any of you familiar with Karla Dornacher's Art Work/and or Books? I met her when I managed the Christian
Books Stores and I had her come in and do some book signings in the Store. She and Karen Kingsbury became
friends of mine. Karla doesn't write fiction novels like Karen does but her books are more small Inspirational
Gift Books. This book, "Sweet As Apple Pie" is a daily Inspirations for Healthy and Fruitful Living. She is
kind of a Susan Branch Style Artist. Karen Kingsbury has moved out of my local area and I have lost touch
with her. But Karla still lives locally. Now with so many Christian Books Stores closing their doors there isn't
the Big Market for Christian Authors like there use to be. Which is very sad to see.

Sabrina...Thanks so much for getting those Tea Packages out!!! We do appreciate it so much...as you are one
very busy woman. Glad hubby made it home. I remember some of those times when my boys were small when they
did nothing but want to be held by Mommy. In fact I wrote a Poem about my 2nd child called "Hold Me Mom!" He
was the worst about clinging to me and me having to literally peel him off of me to get him into his
Sunday School Class at Church or to set him down so I could do something of necessity. He was a tiny little
man and so darn adorable but very needy of mom. Now, he is the most independent of my three boys. He just turned
37 a couple of days ago. He is a bachelor and always has been. I usually only see him at family gatherings.
But he is the best hugger ever. And he loves his nieces and nephews to pieces.

Well, I have to go get another Avidavid notarized today to file with the State of Oregon for my Aunt's Estate.
I am going to have my Attorney E-file it...so I don't have another wasted trip down to The Multnomah County Courthouse.
I am growing very weary of all the hoops I have to jump through and all the red-tape. Who knew it was so hard on
the Family when somebody dies? It has been a real eye-opener to me.

Well, girls have a Great Monday and we will chat later.

Hugs and more Hugs,
PeggyAnn

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

Kirksmom71
True Blue Farmgirl

873 Posts

Mel
Dallas Texas
USA
873 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2015 :  11:53:58 AM  Show Profile
Congrats Shannon!! Emi is a little beauty!

My best to all,
Mel
https://www.etsy.com/shop/KirksmomsKottage
http://www.pinterest.com/kirksmom71/
Sassy City Girl with Farmgirl Fantasies!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page