Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

TexasWildflower
True Blue Farmgirl

206 Posts

Wanda
Hallettsville Texas
USA
206 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2015 :  08:29:48 AM  Show Profile
Shannon - Wow! Of all the people on this globe, how in the world did y'all stumble over that former neighbor? She has to be hugely miserable to keep trying to shovel misery into the lives of others. I hope you'll be able to concentrate on happier thoughts of little Emi's arrival.

The book is finished, and edited. I'm hoping it will be out sometime in November (if all goes well). Right now, one of the things I'm working on is a title. I had a short list and Linda O. came up with some others. So I'm trying to locate people to vote and see which one comes out on top.

I need something that will interest 10 - 14 year old girls (and ladies who are looking for a gift book for girls that age) enough to cause them to go on and read the book description.

If anyone on the porch would be interested in voting, or know girls that age they might ask, I'll be happy to post the possible title list.

Wanda
Farmgirl sister #3399
www.wandasturrock.com
'The Simply Lived Life' blog http://www.wandasturrock.com/website/blog/
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7446 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7446 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2015 :  08:35:26 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
Shannon - Your old neighbor seems like the neighborhood grouch. Is she that way with her other neighbors, too? What does the neighborhood think of her? sounds like she meddles where she has no business doing so. Just sit down, breathe and take it easy. Emi is counting on you dong just that.

PeggyAnn - I hope you can relax and take care of yourself and try not to worry about the problem with your aunt/son/mom. Let God be the one to handle that problem - He will take care of it, though maybe not as quickly as you'd like.

Take care everyone else,

Farmgirl hugs,
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX
Farmgirl #1919

"Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly . . . on a broomstick - we're flexible, like that."

Edited by - quiltee on Aug 25 2015 08:36:33 AM
Go to Top of Page

prichmond9
True Blue Farmgirl

54 Posts

Peggy
Pelham Tennessee
USA
54 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2015 :  09:59:58 AM  Show Profile
Kathy, that plant looks like what we in the South call a full grown polk salad or "poke salat". When it is young and the leaves are tender, my mother would pick them and fry it up with scrambled eggs.
It's pretty much a weed and we chop 'em down if they grow in the yard, along the fence rows, we don't bother much unless they get out of hand and just look nasty.
I don't think its harmful and the berries are not edible, but then I don't see any of the cows touching the stuff. LOL

So thankful for such a beautiful morning here, it was 59 on the porch at 6 AM. Now it's sunny and about 65, nice breeze, I opened all my doors, turned off the central air and enjoying such a day. Picked okra yesterday and today, won't be pickling any of it, my husband loves the fried variety, I try to just barely brown it with a light coating of cornmeal in my cast iron skillet and then stick it in the oven for a few minutes to finish baking. Here's a photo of my yellow squash relish. These days, we are watching the sodium in our diet, eating whole grain, veggies, beans, fruits and lean protein, good fats like olive oil. So, for supper tonight we will have piece of grilled fish filet seasoned with lime and cilantro over a bed of brown rice cooked in pineapple juice and added pineapple/ black beans and sweet potato, squash medley and fresh sliced tomatoes. Adding a teaspoon of that squash relish on top of the beans. In the last week, I have lost 5 pounds and reduced the swelling in my right ankle almost entirely. So glad to hear that you are at peace with your family situation , Peggy Ann, when you understood that you can't change other people and you gave your response over to God, He comes through for you with that peace. By the way I'm a Peggy Ann too. LOL

Farm girl #5880
Consider the possibilities
Wherever I am, that's where I will be.
Go to Top of Page

prichmond9
True Blue Farmgirl

54 Posts

Peggy
Pelham Tennessee
USA
54 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2015 :  10:02:39 AM  Show Profile

Here's the yellow squash relish, I forgot to put it in my other post.

Farm girl #5880
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7446 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7446 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2015 :  10:05:46 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
Looks yummy, Peggy. Would you share the recipe? LOL! I'm determined to try my hand at canning someday soon.

Farmgirl hugs,
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX
Farmgirl #1919

"Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly . . . on a broomstick - we're flexible, like that."
Go to Top of Page

RabbitGirl
Farmgirl in Training

47 Posts

Laura
St Augustine FL
USA
47 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2015 :  10:09:14 AM  Show Profile
That relish looks lovely, #5880. That is one of the things on my lengthy farmgirl bucket list - to learn how to can fresh produce.

Congratulations on your weight loss and healthy eating efforts. I have always struggled with weight so I know how difficult it can be. Your menu sounds perfect!

Laura
St Augustine, FL
Go to Top of Page

prichmond9
True Blue Farmgirl

54 Posts

Peggy
Pelham Tennessee
USA
54 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2015 :  10:30:40 AM  Show Profile
Yellow Squash Pickle Relish
8 C diced yellow squash (I use my food processor)
2 C chopped onions
2 C Chopped green bell pepper
2 C chopped red bell pepper
1/4 C pickling salt
3 C white sugar
2 C white vinegar (5% acidity0
2 TSP. MUSTARD SEED
2 TSP. CELERY SEED
1 TSP. TURMERIC
Prepare vegetables and combine in large bowl. Sprinkle with pickling salt and mix together well. Pour ice cubes over all and let set 2 hours. Rinse with clear water ad drain well. Pour vegetables into a large pot. Combine the sugar, white vinegar, mustard seed, celery seed, and turmeric in a sauce pot and bring to a boil, then, pour over the vegetables in the large pot. Bring all to a boil. Pour mixture into hot sterilized jars and seal with hot sterilized lids. {I sterilize my jars in the dishwasher, then place them in hot water that has been brought to boiling temp along with the lids. I fill them one at a time and they always seal within a few minutes. (I do not use a water bath) I let them sit over night to make sure they all seal, if one doesn't I put it in the frig and use it up first.} This recipe can be doubled. It will fill 8-9 pint jars.

Farm girl #5880
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7446 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7446 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2015 :  10:57:47 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
Thank you. I will definitely try this. Since I am a newby to canning, how long will canned jars of food last?

Farmgirl hugs,
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX
Farmgirl #1919

Edited by - quiltee on Aug 25 2015 11:02:07 AM
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2015 :  11:46:03 AM  Show Profile
Just got home. Emi is doing alright. My blood pressure was sky high... diastolic was 107! Looking at getting a lawyer that will work pro-bono to see if we can get this sorted out and be left alone by the old neighbor before she does serious damage to our family's well being!

As for whether she is like this to everyone... unfortunately yes. We are the third family we know of that have moved at least partially due to her. And the HOA has had numerous issues with her!

~ Shannon

http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

RabbitGirl
Farmgirl in Training

47 Posts

Laura
St Augustine FL
USA
47 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2015 :  1:32:18 PM  Show Profile
Shannon - I am new here so don't know the full extent of your neighbor troubles but your story is exactly why I will never live in a neighborhood again even though I consider myself a people person. I will live on acreage forevermore.

I'm ashamed to admit it but I'm kind of an Investigation Discovery addict and the most disturbing series on that channel is "Fear Thy Neighbor" because it makes you realize that there are some real crazies out there who can devastate the sanctuary that your own home should be.

I am happy for you that you were able to move away and I wish you peace at your new home. I gather that you are expecting a baby from your posting (congratulations!) so you deserve peace and quiet. I know it must be difficult but try not to think about that toxic neighbor and focus on keeping your stress level as low as possible for your sake and the sake of your new baby.

When I was expecting my second child, I had an extreme amount of stress in my life and my child ended up having some emotional issues growing up. I often wonder if my emotional state during my pregnancy negatively affected my child. He is grown now and, thankfully, he is just fine but I do wonder if things would have been different had I had not had that stress in my life during my pregnancy. Babies in the womb feel everything you feel so please try not to let that crazy person get to you. And after you have your baby, go get that lawyer and put a stop to the harrassment! Nobody should have the right to disturb the peace of your home without cause.

Laura
St Augustine, FL
Go to Top of Page

prichmond9
True Blue Farmgirl

54 Posts

Peggy
Pelham Tennessee
USA
54 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2015 :  1:44:20 PM  Show Profile
Kathy, I just realized you live in Manchester TN which is just 14 miles down the interstate from us. We live right on the northwest edge of Grundy County at the foot of Monteagle mountain. That "weed" is definitely poke salad and here is a paragraph from a blog I read about "poke":There are other reasons poke is maligned. Because of its aggressive growth, gardeners consider it a bane, much like kudzu. (In fact, kudzu is just as edible. The new shoots are an excellent green in a quiche; the blossoms, which to me smell like grape Nehi, can be distilled into delicious jellies; and the Japanese commercially cultivate it and use the starch of the roots for tempura batter, tofu, noodles, and gelatinous confections.) I pull most of the poke plants up all summer long because otherwise they would take over my yard. But I always like to leave a few along the back edge of my city lot in Decatur, Georgia. My chickens love to forage on the greens and berries, which the wild songbirds also adore. And I actually think the plants themselves, which I have come to think of as the "long-legged purple ladies," are rather stately." So I guess the birds do eat the berries without any problem.

Farm girl #5880
Go to Top of Page

prichmond9
True Blue Farmgirl

54 Posts

Peggy
Pelham Tennessee
USA
54 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2015 :  1:44:58 PM  Show Profile
Check this out: http://www.southernspaces.org/2011/mess-poke

Farm girl #5880
Go to Top of Page

beachymom
True Blue Farmgirl

467 Posts

Kathy
Manchester Tennessee
USA
467 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2015 :  2:57:41 PM  Show Profile
Peggy-thank you for the info. I knew someone on the porch would have the answer. I always liked the song, "Polk Salad Annie", but never knew what Polk was. The article was quite informative as well. I did chop down much of what I could find, but what is growing mixed with the blackberry brambles I,of course, left for the birds. At least now we know what it is.

Now I have another query. All of our flock are barnyard mixed breeds but we can usually figure out what the dominant breed is. All but 'Silver'. She weighs in at about 3 to 3&1/2 lbs. She has puffy cheeks and beautiful silver/blue feathers. Here is her pic:

She looks a little grey in this pic, but that's just the shadows. So, anybody have any idea? We believe she is laying smallish light blue/green colored eggs. We're not sure because all the hens & ducks lay in the same 3 nests.

Well, after pulling out and weed whacking all the weeds growing in my greenhouse & around my trees & garage then laying more paving stones around the back door, I am tired. I'm going to clean up & have an easy dinner of spicy wings, fries & a salad of homegrown greens.

Later ladies.

Hugs and Squishies!!

Kathy

Farmgirl Sister #3983

Take care of the land and it will take care of you.
Go to Top of Page

prichmond9
True Blue Farmgirl

54 Posts

Peggy
Pelham Tennessee
USA
54 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2015 :  4:52:01 PM  Show Profile
Don't know much about chickens but I do know that chickens that lay bluish eggs are in the Araucanas chicken breed. Google it and see what you can find out, sometimes they have images that you can match up.

Farm girl #5880
Go to Top of Page

kymomma4
True Blue Farmgirl

516 Posts

RoDonna
Frankfort Kentucky
USA
516 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2015 :  7:54:34 PM  Show Profile
Oh my goodness! I'm gone for a few days and the porch gets busy. So much going on.

This past Sunday we went to the KY State Fair. Taking my four children was crazy. Not sure I'm doing that next year. We may wait until they're a little more older. At least the younger two. My two oldest did ok. I'm not big on going out on the midway where the rides are. My favorite place to be is inside where all the booths are. I love seeing all the entries in the different categories: cakes, quilts, fish tanks, flowers, etc... We went through all the 4-H and FFA entries and then off to the barns. We have friends that show cows so we went to see them. The kids loved it! We're doing 4-H this year doing the Livestock Club. We want to get goats for our small homestead. I think the kids will have a great times showing goats. Of course, my husband said something about showing cows. So who knows. Maybe next state fair we will be there showing animals. I've got an itch to do some craft entries too. Looked like a lot of fun.

PeggyAnn: I praying for you my friend. I know that's a lot to deal with. My grandmother had Alzheimer's/dementia. Plus, I used to work in a nursing home for a while so I was surrounded by it daily. Keep a listening ear and have someone check on her since you live so far from her. It's a tough disease to deal with. Big hugs to you, too.
Speaking of Fall...my goodness! It feels like it outside. I was looking to see if the trees were changing and I almost looked at the calendar. For August in Ky it sure is chilly. I believe our weather got mixed up with yours. Usually KY is hot in August. The Farmer's Almanac has been right so far though. I'm storing up for winter if it continues to be right. We're looking at a white winter if so.

Peggy and Kathy...welcome to the porch!! Grab yourself a chair or rocker and some tea...hot or cold whatever your preference. Love seeing some neighbors from the south of me.

Shannon...I'm sorry you're getting stressed out by your old neighbor. Some people just want others to be as miserable as they are. Hoping Emi will arrive soon so you can feel better physically at least.

Well, girls I've done quite a bit today. I'm getting rid of things I don't need anymore. I have a lot of junk just laying around with no purpose. Throwing a lot away and will donate or sell some too. Simplifying life. I love homesteading, homeschooling, and crafting. So I will slowly fade out of Mary Kay too. I will get past the holiday season with the business and let it go probably. I want to focus more on the other three. I know that I can sell my crafts and will likely open an Etsy store and a craft page on Facebook. I love working with my hands. Who knows, I may write a book. :) I think I'm going to sit and relax the rest of the night and think on it. Keep smiling girls!!

RoDonna

Farmgirl #2361
"Blessed is the farmgirl who helps make the world a better and healthy place" ~ Me

"For she is clothed with dignity and strength and without fear of the future"-Proverbs 31:25
www.pinterest.com/kymomma4
www.facebook.com/onthehomestead
Go to Top of Page

RabbitGirl
Farmgirl in Training

47 Posts

Laura
St Augustine FL
USA
47 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2015 :  8:05:10 PM  Show Profile
Hi Kathy - your hen looks like a mix with Araucana. They are typically gray with feathers around their faces. If she is the one laying blue eggs, you will know for sure although mutt chickens mixed with Aracaunas sometimes get the brown egg gene and vice versa. I used to have a flock of Araucanas and my customers would pay quite a bit more for the blue eggs, especially at Easter.

Laura
St Augustine, FL
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2015 :  9:31:16 PM  Show Profile
Wow...busybusybusy! Amazing! Welcome Laura! Isn't it fun to recall how people use to visit in the olden days? Thanks for sharing that with us. I really enjoyed it!
We went to our first county fair of the season. The weather was chilly, mid to high 60's with a good stiff breeze that gave me goosebumps. Fall is in the air. We grazed our way thru the place and petted lots of animals. It was weird not seeing the poultry, as they were banned this year because of bird flu. The flu wasn't around here close really, but better safe than sorry I guess. Some people had fake chickens in cages in a couple of the barns, so the 'love and thoughts' for those normally there was in the air. Patsy really wanted to be here for the fairs. Hopeful she will be for the next one on the list. We usually hit about 4 fairs every year. Well, I'm tired gals. G'nite, sleep well Porchies!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"
"The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it is on my list!"
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2015 :  12:01:24 AM  Show Profile
Judy...can you believe how The Porch is buzzing today?? Crazy fun to have so many newbies. ~ Well, I hope Patsy does
make it for a Fair or two with you. I don't think I could do 4 Fairs in one season. You got gumption girl!! LOL The
cost of our Fairs around here make it fairly prohibitive. We didn't have chickens at our Fair either which I thought
was weird and no rabbits either. Or else we just flat out missed that section of the Fair.

Laura...Girl you are a born story teller yourself!!! Sounds like you learned from a Master. That is an awesome Legacy
he passed down to you. I loved reading all about Your Grandfathers Stoop and yelling for the Neighbors!!!

Wanda...Yes, indeed...it sounds like you also had first hand experience with a Narcissistic parent. "Scary" is the
right word. ~ Your book sounds like it might make a good gift for a grand-daughter or two. Keep us posted on when it
is published.

Shannon...I can't believe that your old Neighbor is still causing problems for you guys. Are you sure you don't live
by my Mother??? LOL Just joking!! Try not to allow yourself to get to worked up (I know that is easier said than done)
but keep sweet Emi as your focus.

Linda... Great advice my friend...yes, God has calmed this child in the middle of her storm.

Peggy...I knew somebody on The Porch would know what that plant was. Somebody mentioned the loved the Song "Polk Salad
Annie" and I always did too. But I didn't know what Polk Salad was. Now I do. ~ Your relish looks so beautiful!!!
Thanks for sharing your recipe with everyone.

RoDonna...I know what you mean about being gone for a little bit and the Porch is exploding with conversation. ~ Thanks for your insights on the dementia and Alzheimers...I will be going to Spokane in a couple of weeks for our sons
sentencing...so I will stop in and check on my mom while I'm there.

OK My Porchies...I'm tired and have a date with Multnomah County Court for my Aunts Estate tomorrow...so, I better
get some sleep. I did manage to go get my hair cut today...which felt so good...it was way over due!!!

Sweet Dreams My Lovelies,
PeggyAnn

Farmgirl #1326
Dec 2011-Farmgirl of the Month
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

Don't allow others to steal the Glitz from your *SPARKLE*

Life is too short to knit with ugly yarn!

Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch
Go to Top of Page

prichmond9
True Blue Farmgirl

54 Posts

Peggy
Pelham Tennessee
USA
54 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2015 :  10:27:59 AM  Show Profile
Well it varies, but I have held pickles over a year, definitely 6-8 months.
quote:
Originally posted by quiltee

Thank you. I will definitely try this. Since I am a newby to canning, how long will canned jars of food last?

Farmgirl hugs,
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX
Farmgirl #1919

Farm girl #5880
Go to Top of Page

prichmond9
True Blue Farmgirl

54 Posts

Peggy
Pelham Tennessee
USA
54 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2015 :  1:35:43 PM  Show Profile
Heading out to the Franklin County Fair this evening, will post pictures later. Perfect weather here in Middle Tennessee.

Farm girl #5880
Go to Top of Page

beachymom
True Blue Farmgirl

467 Posts

Kathy
Manchester Tennessee
USA
467 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2015 :  4:04:42 PM  Show Profile
Peggy - we went to the Wilson County Fair last weekend and it was great. Tiring, but fun. We decided to wait for the Coffee County Fair before going out again. Pics are still on my iPhone, but will post some later.

Laura - 2 of my other hens are Aracauna mixes & give us lovely blue/green eggs. But their feathers are black/gold/greyish.

It is really strange that some of our ducks are giving us greenish eggs. I always thought that ducks gave white eggs. My daughter found pics on the internet showing that ducks can give colorful eggs too. Wow. Who knew!?!

I'm really enjoying the weather in Middle Tennessee right now. Low 80s and light breezes. Very low humidity too.

Pizza for dinner tonight & there goes the oven beeper now!

Later ladies.

Hugs and Squishies!!

Kathy

Farmgirl Sister #3983

Take care of the land and it will take care of you.
Go to Top of Page

prichmond9
True Blue Farmgirl

54 Posts

Peggy
Pelham Tennessee
USA
54 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2015 :  9:56:04 PM  Show Profile
Well, we didn't make it to the fair, decided a good night to see a drive in movie, Man from UNCLE, loved it! So, fair night will probably be tomorrow or the weekend. I personally like a week night, not so crowded, but we shall see. Kathy, the Wilson County fair is an awesome place... we held the Country Living Fair there this past April and I loved that venue. Night all. P. S. Left the cat food on the porch by mistake and we saw the biggest ole possum ever eating every bite, he waddled off the porch as I screamed at him/her. I can't stand possums, their ugly and nasty and mean, I hope he wanders somewhere else.

Farm girl #5880
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2015 :  03:02:26 AM  Show Profile
Hello My Porchies...

I was so tired last night that I went and crawled into bed at 9:30 to watch TV and fell asleep with-in 10
minutes. I never go to bed before 1:00. So, here it is 2:35 am and guess who is wide awake? That ought to
mess up my whole routine. LOL

Had to go to The Multnomah County Courthouse yesterday to file an Avidavid with The State of Oregon for my
Aunt's death. The Courthouse is down town Portland...we could find no place to Park on the Street...so had
to go to a Parking Garage and then walk 6-8 blocks. Go through Security and look all over for which Dept. to
go to... all to find out that we needed more paper work than we had to file and it had to be notarized even though
the Statute for Oregon said that any Clerk of the Court could witness my signature and over-ride the need for
a Notary. Wouldn't you think a Courthouse would have a Dept. to get something Notarized? NO, they didn't! So, that was a wasted 3 hour trip. I am really growing quite weary of all this Estate stuff. I just
want to get this all wrapped up and quit having to deal with it. It has been a 30 day Nightmare up to this point
and I probably have two more weeks at least to jump through Oregon States Legal Hoops.

It was a nice day yesterday, weather wise until late afternoon then it got pretty hot again. Last night when I
walked my dog it was still hot and muggy. They are saying a chance of rain Fri., Sat., and Sunday here...which
will be good for the 20 fires still raging in our State, as long as the rain doesn't come with lightening and
start even more fires.

My mom and I cleared the air yesterday over all this scrapping over my Aunts Estate. Which that felt really good
to get it all put behind us. Our relationship is strained enough on just a daily basis without adding fuel to
the relationship fire. So, thank you all for your prayers. God didn't change my mom, He didn't change the circumstances, but
He calmed His child (Me) in the middle of The Storm. I feel like I have had a huge weight lifted off my shoulders.
I refuse to sue my mother over Inheritance money as was suggested by our Attorney. That would really start WW 111 between us. No amount of money in the World would ever cause me to do that. God has always been my provider and He will remain my provider.

I want to get a little crafting Project started today for a friend's birthday and I still have all my 4th of July
decorations that I need to take down. Maybe I will get that done this weekend in the rainy weather. A good in-doors project.

Well, girls...I'm leaving you some Maple Scones and a couple of pots of tea and coffee on the Porch.
Help yourselves while you sit in the cool breeze of the morning.

Do Something Kind for someone today,
PeggyAnn

Farmgirl #1326
Dec 2011-Farmgirl of the Month
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

Don't allow others to steal the Glitz from your *SPARKLE*

Life is too short to knit with ugly yarn!

Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch

Edited by - LadyInRed on Aug 27 2015 03:18:22 AM
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2015 :  08:54:08 AM  Show Profile
PMPeggy how was man from uncle? We might go see it.I know this is a far stretch but did it remind you of the old one at all? I always liked that series back in the 60's....as for that opossum... uh... ya... he's gonna be a 'frequent diner' now. He's discovered a free smorgasbord.haha Sorry!... since we went to our fair on the first day, early in the day, kids in school, ya... it was so quiet. Rides had 1 to 6 people on them and that's all.Fairway was wide open. We left around 5pm and Demo Derby started at 7:30 and people were pouring in the gates.We can't stand that noise so we were happy to leave.haha Since we were there long enough to graze our way thru and I had my fist full of cotton candy...' Life Is Good!'
*I hope there's cotton candy in Heaven... giggle*
hey, that's a great tagline... which reminds me... Linda, love your tagline. cracks me up every time!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"
"The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it is on my list!"
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2015 :  6:49:03 PM  Show Profile
hey ladies,
wow the porch is hopping...love it. I brought some shade daisy tea that I am delighted with. It is a black tea that has wonderful aroma and taste and brownies. I made a few for my sweet sons who have made it through their first week of college. It has been a good week at school. We are getting more into routine every day and I have to say these butterflies are a pretty good group. I think I could have a lot of fun with them.

This weekend we are hopping to get some things done around house. We have a tree that needs to come out. It is dead and we don't want to have it crumble...it is a very big tree. I am hoping it doesn't cost too much.

Peggy Ann I am praying girl...I swear the courts like to make one run circles..I have never understood that.

Welcome to all the new porch sisters. Glad to have you here.

Shannon...I am sorry for your neighbor. I know you are getting anxious for baby Emi...just try to keep calm and remember God is walking with you.

well ladies, I am off. I am still not quite used to be at work full time so to bed I go shortly.
love to you all
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Purple Skies
http://mypurpleskies.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page