Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2015 :  5:35:48 PM  Show Profile
Evening ladies. Worked 8-5 today and trying to relax a bit tonight. They've had us putting up Christmas stuff for the past two weeks! There should be a law against putting out Christmas stuff before Halloween. It's just wrong on so many levels. This week we've been putting together all the artificial trees. I had to bring home my vest Thursday night after putting together one of those flocked (artificial snow) coated trees and wash everything I had on. The fake snow was all over me. Customers are complaining about it but we've got people buying already.

Like Butterfly Tammy, our leaves are starting to change and the temps are starting to dip again here. I love the feeling of fall in the air. I wish I had a fire pit so we could sit outside at night and enjoy the fire and crisp weather.

The excitement locally has been that Menard's finally opened! I'm excited LOL. The nearest home improvement stores were 100 miles in any direction. Now we have one just down the street. Matt was able to get parts to fix the bathtub drain and pipe yesterday. Today he was supposed to fix the toilet and ice maker. My honey do list just grew with the opening of this store LOL Next will be replacing the carpeting in my office area.

Last weekend I finished sanding the free desk I picked up about a month ago and put most of the first coat of stain on. I'd bought a small container of stain thinking that would be more than enough - nope, ran out before I got it totally done so I had to run out Monday and get more to finish the first layer. Hopefully tomorrow I can do a light sand and put the second coating on. This is a picture after the first coat. Matt and I both love the richness of the stain. I'd originally planned on using another color but changed my mind and got a mahogany one. I need to find the picture of it before I started.

Sabrina - I got my tea packet. Thank you :O)

Peggy - So sorry you're still being stressed by all this estate stuff. Hopefully you'll get it resolved soon. Did you know that Netflix added a new season of Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries!!! I started watching them this week. For those that missed our prior discussion on this show, we affectionately refer to as the Flapper Mysteries LOL. It's a fun show. I'm really excited about the changes and growing they've had the character Dottie going through. So Peggy you need to kick back with a cup of tea and watch an episode (or more lol) to help you relax if you haven't already.

Reading - I finished Dark Possession by Christine Feehan and French Kids Eat everything by Karen Le Billon. I've been curious about the French Kids book so I finally broke down and bought a used copy to read. Current books are Irish Chain by Earlene Fowler (mystery) and Bonjour, Happiness! by Jamie Cat Callan.

Well I need to move or I'm going to fall asleep typing. Tomorrow we're off to the last day of the rodeo in town. We skipped all the car races tonight. Oh, before I forgot, I think I mentioned I'd joined Weight Watchers. I've lost just over 10 pounds so far! Having been stuck in a rut no matter what I did, I can't explain how happy I am to see the scale going down finally. Have a great night and weekend everybody!

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://ndprairiegypsy.blogspot.com/
Etsy: PrairieGypsyCrafts
Jamestown, ND
Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

2991 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
2991 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2015 :  7:25:37 PM  Show Profile
Just hopping on to say hi :) Nothing too exciting to report. That's not all bad either! Hubby took me to get an icecream cone tonight. They're closing tomorrow. I guess that means summer really is over. Harvest has started and it hasn't rained for a while so the dust is flying.

Peggy - sorry to hear you're having so much trouble. All over some papers! That pumpkin cheesecake sounds delicious!!

Kathy - I hope you find a home for your rooster. We had one once. He tasted good LOL!!!

Tammy - I'm one of those enjoying the Christmas stuff that's out already :) I love Christmas so much I can't help but get excited about it in the stores. Even if it's only September. Your desk looks wonderful. I like that stain too. Congrats on your weightloss.

Well, I need to get off the computer and get to bed. Have a great rest of the weekend everyone!
Hugs,

~Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701
September 2014 Farmgirl of the Month
http://nndairy.blogspot.com/

"The purpose of life is to enjoy every moment" - Yogi teabag
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2015 :  12:11:55 AM  Show Profile
Hello My Porchies....

It has been quiet for a few days on here. I checked in and saw no one posting so I took a couple days to
relax on all levels myself...after my Aunt's Estate Fiasco. Today was the first day in two months that I woke
up feeling well rested and happy! Boy, that felt amazing!!! ~ Went and spent they day with my youngest son and
family. We went to the Farmers Market and ate lunch there and bought some beautiful flowers. Then we left there
and just drove for awhile because Elijah fell asleep in the car. Then we went to Fred Meyers and the kids bought
some fall flowers to plant in there front flower bed and one big pot on their front Porch. I found an adorable
Pre-potted flower mix for 9.99 That had red and purple peppers in it surrounded by Pansies (my fav. flower) and
then two small gourds stuck in amongst it all. So, cute and festive looking. I put it on my back Porch and it
just brightens up my little red table sitting next to my lounge chair. Came home and had a couple slices of
Pizza and a small glass of wine and I am done in for the day. But it was a lovely day. Oh, we also went and checked
on a new phone plan and new Iphones with both Verizon and Sprint. Then my son is going to crunch the numbers
and see which offer is the best deal for us. We are doing a family plan. So hopefully in the next day or two we
will have that all worked out.

Prairie Tammy...I love your little desk. Such a cute size and I love your stain choice. Like you said, Nice Rich
Colors. ~ Thanks for telling me there were new Miss Fischer Murder Mysteries on Netflix. Some how I missed that.
Will definitely tune into those...when I am here alone. Hubby wouldn't like them but I just adore them. ~ I can't
even think what I have been reading lately...that's how tired my brain is. LOL And I read every day. Been kind of
into light reading lately. Cozy Mysteries! My brain needed light and fluffy while dealing with stress in my life.
~ Congrats on the Weight Loss!!! My husband and I eat the same foods every day and he has lost 30 lbs in 40 days
and I have not lost one lb. Go Figure!!! I have decided to just not even think about food/just to get my focus
off of it for once in my life and see if that doesn't help me more than anything. I'm sick of always worrying about
what I eat or don't eat. I guess you could say I'm rebelling like a little kid. LOL!

Heather...I don't mind seeing the Christmas stuff out already either. I worked retail for so many years...and people
just had to start shopping earlier and earlier to be able to afford Christmas at all. So...I always decorated my
store and got the Christmas stuff out in early Oct. So, I'm pretty use to it. I also start buying Christmas gifts in
Oct. My Women's Bible Study is going to the Beach next week for 4 days (thurs - sunday) and we start Christmas shopping at the Outlet Mall on our 4 day trip. I have 6 kids, my husband, my mom and 9 grandchildren and 2 great grandchildren
and several friends I buy for. So...it takes a lot of advanced shopping to buy for all of them. But everyone gets
something for Christmas.

OK My Lovely Ladies...I better get to bed so I can get up for Church in the morning.

Blessings,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Dec 2011-Farmgirl of the Month
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

Don't allow others to steal the Glitz from your *SPARKLE*

Life is too short to knit with ugly yarn!

Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2015 :  07:44:41 AM  Show Profile
Hello...Where is everyone. The Entire Porch is MIA!!! Good Grief Girls...is life really that busy??

I'm rounding up the Posse to drag you all back. As Judy would say: "Don't Make Me Put My Hands on My Hips!"

I leave tomorrow for 4 days at The Beach with my Women's Bible Study Group (Papa's Girls)...so, I won't
be on here much for that time. I will be trying to unplug my life and enjoy my friends and God's Beauty
for those few days.

Did you all see the Blood Moon the Other Night??? That was pretty Amazing huh?

OK...I'm tired of talking to myself...so, I'm going to go do something useful like saddle up my Horse so
I can round ya'all back up. My, how you wander sometimes...LOL!

Hugs and Blessings,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Sep 30 2015 07:47:11 AM
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2015 :  08:02:15 AM  Show Profile
Hi everyone! Life here has been crazy busy and chaotic! We had family in and out, dealt with a croupy cough and stomach bug our nephew shared while he was here, and trying to get my incision to heal. Good news though - our house is under contract, with a closing date of November 5th! So very very thankful to the good Lord for working that out for us! That will give us enough time before Christmas to buy our children some much needed clothing! I really want to make them some, but honestly just do not have the time right now! Emi seems to be growing well. I do not have to take her back in to the doctor until the end of October! Hubby will be headed out of town for about a week mid-October, and I am so not looking forward to that, though I am thankful it is only for a week! Our pepper and tomato plants are trying to be productive again. We will see what they do. We are still getting lots of Serrano peppers. In fact I really need to dehydrate some more. Speaking of processing food, we went and picked up apples on Friday and I am still not done processing them. I have done 28 pints of apple pie jam so far and 21 quarts of apple pie filling. I think I am going to do another seven quarts of pie filling, and then either some same or dehydrate some apples. My oldest wants to do some baking with some as well. Eeks there is the baby wanting to eat. I will try to get on here again soon.

~ Shannon

http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Sobyn
True Blue Farmgirl

752 Posts

Sabrina
Kansas
USA
752 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2015 :  08:18:02 AM  Show Profile
Hey ladies, well it looks like everyone has been busy!

My schedule is insane, I have two kids in soccer, two in ballet, we are doing two homeschool coops, church, awana and a mid week Bible study. I'm supposed to be starting a children's church at our chapel but that is slow going. I'm pretty sure we will be dropping the mid week Bible study next semester since I really just need another day at home and soccer is only until the end of October. It is busy but I'm starting to adjust. Now if I could just get the baby to go to sleep and stay asleep without me I could actually get back to crafting a bit! Oh well he won't always want me near right? Not much else new going on here just busy with our stuff.

Have any of you looked into Journaling Bibles? I preordered one that should be here soon I'm really excited to try it!!

I'm also working on a planner/home notebook/organization type system since this busy schedule makes being organized and writing everything down absolutely essential!! I tried the bucket journal and while I like a lot of things about it I think I want something a little more organized and flexible. I think I'm going to take some bullet journal ideas but out them in a three ring binder with tabs for different sections. Then I can have a calendar/schedule/to do section, a writing section, a journal section, an ideas section etc. I think that will work better for me. What have yall tried?

Since the baby insists on going to bed early and me staying with him ive been reading a lot. I read Anne of Green Gables recently. I read the first one as a kid but none of the others. It was great and now I really want to go through and try all the crafts mentioned in them! Someday I will!

I am absolutely loving teaching my home-ec class at our homeschool coop. I think I'm teaching two classes next semester. It is one of the highlights of my week. It has really spurred me on to work towards a vision I have for a homeschool resource center when we get back to the states. I have lots of time to plan so it isn't a top priority but I'm starting to list our my ideas and work towards a business plan!

That pretty much sums up what is going on with me. Hope to pop on more often but who knows!!

Sabrina

Farmgirl Sister #3275

Norwex www.sabrinascheerer.norwex.biz
Usborne Books and More! https://j4070.myubam.com

~~~Blog coming soon!!!~~~
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2015 :  7:03:34 PM  Show Profile
Oh dear Peggy sent out the posse. YIKES!!!!!
I have been dealing with a terrible cold so by the time I come home from school I am pooped. My grandson is getting baptized this weekend. Cant believe he is two months old already.
The weather has been beautiful fall. Love the colors and yes Peggy I did see the blood moon...Just breathtaking
My bible study group began Beth Moore's study of James. Enjoying it so far. Been reading Pride and Prejudice...my favorite book...have to read at least once a year.
well ladies I am off for tea and then bed. This madame butterfly is tired.
love to you all,
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Purple Skies
http://mypurpleskies.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2015 :  12:02:12 AM  Show Profile
Well...I am glad that Sabrina and Teacher Tammy...made it back before The Posse roped 'em and drug them back. LOL

Sabrina...You just must be one of those people who loves to stay really busy. I was that way once upon a time too.
In fact I blame part of my Fibro on the stress of that type of life style and I have to actually work very hard
not to over do. When I could no longer work because my Fibro/Chronic Fatigue no longer allowed me to...I asked
God what I was suppose to do now??? He said, "You need to learn to REST in me!" And I am serious...I did not have
a clue on how to do that. So I ask Him..."How do I do that?" He said, "Go in to your bedroom and lay on your bed
for 20-30 minutes with your eyes closed and meditate on Me!" The first couple of weeks were disastrous. After 5 or
10 minutes I was bored out of my mind and thought of something I needed to do and got up and did it. But He kept on
me until I learned to do what He asked me to do. After awhile...I would just fall asleep and then I felt bad because
I wasn't thinking on Him for 30 minutes...but He let me know that was OK and that my body needed the extra restorative rest. So...even
to this day I do the same thing almost everyday. But I have been studying "Mindfulness" the last few years and learning
to relax through deep breathing techniques. And then when I am awake...learning to live wide awake and in the moment. It helps with My Stress Levels and I still Meditate on God and His Word.

Teacher Tammy...I am so sad to hear that your cold is still hanging on. Get well my friend. Prayers going up for you.
I loved doing the James Study! It is so good. I am thoroughly enjoying teaching "Children of the Day"! What an Awesome
Study. It took us one month to get through the first week and the video. I teach it much differently than the fast
pace of how it is actually meant to be taught. We have great group discussions. With 18 women now in my Group (and I encourage everyone to share...and they do) it takes 2 1/2 hrs every week to get through 2 lessons. I have one lady in the group that I hope to baptize this weekend at The Beach. I won't do it in the Ocean but rather in the Hot Tub. She is my DIL's Mother and I just love her to pieces.

Well...off to bed early tonight as I have to be up way too early in the Morning. We are leaving town about 10:00 am and you know me I like to get up around Noon O'clock. LOL

Oregon Beaches here we come!!!

Night My Lovelies,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Oct 01 2015 12:08:53 AM
Go to Top of Page

Sobyn
True Blue Farmgirl

752 Posts

Sabrina
Kansas
USA
752 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2015 :  06:04:16 AM  Show Profile
I've actually been in a much slower season for a couple years and am just moving back into a slightly busier season. It sounds like a lot but hinestly with four kids it really isn't all that much more work than staying home!!! And amazingly I feel great, better than I have in years and am off most of my suppliments! I think this is just what God has for me right now or else I wouldn't be able to do it. That said I constantly evaluate what Im doing in case I need to make a change.

Yesterday we found out that my daughters soccer game that was scheduled for Saturday 1.5 hours away has been changed to tomorrow evening here. Well I'm thrilled that we don't have to travel Saturday (and now we don't have any plans, which Im very excited about) but she has plans Friday that were specifically made Friday because we were going to be busy sat. It irritates me a bit that they just changed the day without regard for people's plans. Oh well she will miss the game.

I'm struggling with my homeschool class I'm doing for the Thursday ladies Bible study. I have kids ages 4-10 in the class and I do a little lesson with them on a Parable Jesus told. They just don't seem to get it, they aren't at all engaged and I have a really hard time keeping their attention. They just want to play but when I do let them play it gets too wild. I'm not sure what to do but as it is now it is really draining me. I have eight kids in the class. Any ideas???

Well I'm off to vacuum. I can't keep ahead of this darn dog hair around here.

Sabrina

Farmgirl Sister #3275

Norwex www.sabrinascheerer.norwex.biz
Usborne Books and More! https://j4070.myubam.com

~~~Blog coming soon!!!~~~
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2015 :  06:52:14 AM  Show Profile
Sabrina - when we taught children's church years ago, we had the same issue. I ended up coming up with crafts that went with the lessons. That finally helped the kids "get it" AND kept them busy in a productive, non wild manner.

~ Shannon

Go to Top of Page

beachymom
True Blue Farmgirl

467 Posts

Kathy
Manchester Tennessee
USA
467 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2015 :  06:58:39 AM  Show Profile
Ok. What's going on here? Yesterday I posted pictures of my chickens but today, nothing's here!?? Where did it's go? How was it removed? Why was it removed? I'm confused.

And just a side note.....I did find a new home for my black Frazzled rooster.

Hugs and Squishies!!

Kathy

Farmgirl Sister #3983

Take care of the land and it will take care of you.
Go to Top of Page

TexasWildflower
True Blue Farmgirl

206 Posts

Wanda
Hallettsville Texas
USA
206 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2015 :  07:54:08 AM  Show Profile
Peggy - Guess the Texas Rangers got your call, 'cause here I am! Not that I'm on here that much, though. Went to the Warrenton Antique Fair on Sunday with my daughter and two of our friends. Wonderful weather for it. Lord willing, I'm going back tomorrow with my friend...we always try to go twice in April and twice in October. In between, I'm running in circles trying to get everything together for the publisher to have this book out the last part of November. I should be finished with that this week, thank goodness.

Shannon - Wonderful news about your house! I'm so happy for you!

Y'all take care. Hope to see ya soon.

Wanda
Farmgirl sister #3399
www.wandasturrock.com
'The Simply Lived Life' blog http://www.wandasturrock.com/website/blog/
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2015 :  10:39:29 AM  Show Profile
Hi All! We are having really chilly weather, low 50's...frost on my nose...icicles on my toes...and it's only Oct.1st!
I Love It!!!hahaha I am a lover of cold weather...layered clothes...apple cider...crisp apples...F-A-L-L!!!
Kathy...it's a mystery...it's happened to all of us at one time or another. We call it, 'The Mystery of the Computer Gremlins!"*giggle* Try again is all I can say.
Well this weather makes me happy for Peggy, on some beach...somewhere...Good For Her!
Just doing laundry and making a crockpot of calico beans and biscuits.mmmmmm....
Make it a Great day Gals!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"
"The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it is on my list!"
Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2015 :  11:09:24 AM  Show Profile
Well Peggy - looks like the posse worked! Spent the last week setting up, working at, and tearing down our local farm show. I do farmhouse tours and demonstrate all the old kitchen appliances, quilts, etc. I'm also still up to my eyeballs in everything I have go do since I lost my job - applying for unemployment, figuring out what to do with my 401(k), health insurance, etc. etc. It's crazy what you have to go thru when you are suddenly out of work.

Plan on going to my Mom's for a few days, so will be off line again for a while.

Hugs to everyone!
Luanne

beekeepersgirl #691

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.

My blog: finallyafarmgirl.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

beachymom
True Blue Farmgirl

467 Posts

Kathy
Manchester Tennessee
USA
467 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2015 :  2:23:45 PM  Show Profile
Ok. Gremlins be damned. Here we go again.

Here is a picture of Dodo:

Here is Silver:

She's a bit fuzzy because she rarely stands still.

Here is Thing One:

And, here is Thing Two:

The Things are so named because as little fuzzy baby chicks, they were identical.

We thought Dodo was laying brown eggs until we caught her laying a bluish-green egg. Now we don't know who lays the brown egg. We're almost positive that Silver is laying small olive-green eggs.

We no longer have any drakes in the yard. Hubby & I processed them the other day. We decided not to try to raise ducks. The water mess was just overwhelming for me. We already notice the change in the amount of feed we put out.

We did find a home for our second Frazzled rooster. Which is a good thing, because Sherbert (our other Frazzled rooster) was getting a bit nasty to his rival.

Well, hopefully this post will work. Later ladies.

Hugs and Squishies!!

Kathy

Farmgirl Sister #3983

Take care of the land and it will take care of you.
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7446 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7446 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2015 :  9:18:24 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
Shannon - congrats on the offer on your house. Let them deal with the neighbor lady. Hopefully she won't yell at them before you close.
Wanda - good news on your book.
Kathy - hope you figure out the eggs.

Just got home from the State Fair of Texas - legs and feet are tired but we had a good day. It was Senior Day and seniors were FREE, so we saved the $14 each to get in.

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Farm Girl of the Month August 2015
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

"Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly . . . on a broomstick - we're flexible, like that."

Edited by - quiltee on Oct 02 2015 2:49:54 PM
Go to Top of Page

Kirksmom71
True Blue Farmgirl

873 Posts

Mel
Dallas Texas
USA
873 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2015 :  12:47:52 PM  Show Profile
OK Linda......are you talking about the Texas State Fair in Dallas? Big Tex?

Well have some great fun at the beach, Peggy! Glad you are getting some finality to the aunt's estate. We need some recent pics of Elijah!!

Kathy...looks like the pics of your chicks came through this time.....they are lovely!

Wanda....nice to hear your progress on the publishing front!

Shannon.....glad you have a contract on the house and Emi is doing well.

Sabrina....I have to take a breath and exhale for all you do!! :)

Luanne...the farmhouse tours sound like a cool thing. Sorry you have to deal with all that goes with unemployment....it stinks! But you'll get through it.

Hey Judy and Patsy...hope all's well!

My best to all,
Mel
https://www.etsy.com/shop/KirksmomsKottage
http://www.pinterest.com/kirksmom71/
Sassy City Girl with Farmgirl Fantasies!
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7446 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7446 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2015 :  2:51:10 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
Yep, I am, Mei. I guess I was tired last night when I posted, eh? I corrected it. LOL!

Where in Dallas do you live? Send me a PM. Maybe we need to get together.

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Farm Girl of the Month August 2015
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

"Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly . . . on a broomstick - we're flexible, like that."
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2015 :  10:16:55 PM  Show Profile
Kathy, love the chicky pics and the cute and funny names.
Linda, I thoroughly enjoy Fairs but, yes they do wear a feller out!
Mel, Patsy is traveling to Georgia for a craft fair and then on to Florida to visit a SIL and her family. Her SIL in NC invited her to tag along with her. I'm glad because she wasn't having any fun sitting around that empty house. She'll be gone a week. Sure hope that hurricane doesn't cause any troubles. She'll be in northern Florida so I don't think it'll bother them.
We had low to mid 50's today here with a constant breeze. I got some hoeing done where the weeds were taking over my flower/herb beds. Put away my patio décor too. For the most part we are done with patio-sitting. When it's warmer we enjoy the front porch more since it's protected from the chilly winds.
Have a good night gals! Sleep tight!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

2991 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
2991 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2015 :  09:23:13 AM  Show Profile
Nice to see everyone stopping in again!!
Judy - did Mary Poppins stop in this weekend? We had east winds blowin at ~25 mph. I kept waiting to see her, but she didn't make it this far. (Giggle!)

On Saturday we went to look at some hay and at 2pm it was only 44 degrees!!!! I know it's fall, but I was not at all ready for that! Luckily it has warmed up and was 77 yesterday.

I could use some prayers if you would. We're having a tough time finding hay and straw within our budget. I know God has a plan, but things look really scary right now.

Someone just pulled in the driveway - better go see...
Hugs to all,

~Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701
September 2014 Farmgirl of the Month
http://nndairy.blogspot.com/

"The purpose of life is to enjoy every moment" - Yogi teabag
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2015 :  11:15:08 AM  Show Profile
Hi All!
Heather ....I wondered why I saw a 'bumbershoot(umbrella)'fly by my window with a parrot on the handle. *giggle* He winked at me as he zoomed by.So, she's out there somewhere hanging on for her dear life to a chimney I suppose. hahahaha....(ok, now I want to watch Mary Poppins)hahaha
We are enjoying these 70 degree days too. Trying to finish up with yard un-decorating and get ready for cold weather to come and...dare I breathe it aloud...(stay).
Make it a great day porchies!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2015 :  12:19:03 PM  Show Profile
Hi My Porchies...yup, I made it home from the Beach Retreat but am so pooped out. You know me with the Fibro
and chronic fatigue...any fun thing I do (I give it everything I've got) and then pay for it for about 3 or 4
days afterwards...but it is so worth it. I plan to leave this World like a used up, frayed and limp rag...because
I am not sitten here letting moss grow under my rear-end. I believe in Dancing through the day and night and
then kicking off my dancing shoes and recharge my batteries for the next round. The Beach was glorious and we
also had a House on Devil's Lake (yeah I know...Bible Study Retreat at Devil's lake what an Oxymoron right?)
It was neat to have both the Beach (roaring like a Lion) and The Lake (peace and serenity) kind of like both
personalities of God. On the lake we saw Blue Heron, White Ingrets, Raccoons and people paddle boarding and kyaching.
In the mornings and evenings there was an awesome fog that set in around the Lake. After my crazy hectic summer
the Lake ministered and refreshed me more than the Ocean this year. I pretty much stayed away from the Beach
except when we drove along it, watched the breath-takingly beautiful Sunsets and Sunrises (Ok...some people watched
the sunrises but not me. LOL) I spent no money on myself the entire trip except for food...but I spent a lot of
money on cloths for the upcoming grand-daughter and for Elijah. But that was so much fun. Between Sadie, Patti
(the other grandma) and me we spent over 400.00 on the kiddos. Shane and Elijah surprised Sadie by driving to the
Coast and picking her up. Shane did and amazing job watching his son...but this was a first for him and Sadie being
apart since Elijah's birth. It was such a sweet and romantic thing for him to do and all us old Ladies loved watching
that young love! Patti and I road back together and had fun chatting up a storm on the way home. It was her first
Retreat and she had a blast! The New (to us) house was huge and spacious and everyone got to sprawl out but the cleaning
people did a terrible job on it. Even one of the beds had not been stripped and washed and we found blood all over
one side. There weren't enough pillows or toilet paper or no paper towels. We had to clean the refrigerator out ourselves
before we could put our food in it and on and on. So, we called the owner and he had pillows and toilet paper delivered by his management company that evening and yesterday we got a $333.00 refund on the cleaning that wasn't done. We always
leave every place we stay in cleaner than we found it and this was no exception. People love to rent to us because of
that...we respect their property. We will probably rent there next year too because hey, who doesn't like 5 1/2 bathrooms with 16 women and an elevator for the Older women who don't want to fight stairs? It was all great and we had
a good time despite those obstacles.

The second day home and I still feel like a slug. I think I literally showered this morning in my sleep. LOL We are still having 80+ degree days here but it is suppose to go into the 70's today and start raining this weekend into early
next week too. We need it...but I must say girls I love still being in my shorts and flip flops in October. That is
just awesome. No complaints from me.

You probably all heard about the horrific shooting at the Jr. College in Newberg Oregon last Thursday. We were not far
from there on our trip to the Oregon Coast. It was just a shock to all of us...as we found out about it from a waitress
when we stopped for lunch that day. Our World is really spinning out of control girls. It is a good thing God sits
on His Throne and turns what was meant for Evil into Good or none of us would survive the chaos and devastation raging
in our communities, cities, states, and Countries. I'm sure it is all just signs of the end times.

OK...not going to comment individually even though I read all the posts...but it is a Wondrous thing to behold to see
you ladies back on here sharing a little bit of your corner of the World with us. I LOVE IT!!!

Hugs and Blessings to You ALL,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2015 :  7:02:34 PM  Show Profile
yeaaaa Peggy 'Sue' Ann is home! You know that I just HAVE to throw in that extra name don't you?
So glad you had a fun,relaxing,healing,soul-filled Vaca with God, His beauty and your beach-buds!
But ain't it good to come home to your 'Porch-Buds?'We missed ya girl!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

TheKnittingFarmgirl
Farmgirl in Training

17 Posts

Abi
Port Lavaca TX
USA
17 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2015 :  7:37:50 PM  Show Profile
Hi, sisters! Hope you're having a lovely evening. I'm just doing a bit of crochet while hubby is in his VFW meeting.

Knit On,
Abi
Farmgirl #6692
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2015 :  7:59:08 PM  Show Profile
Welcome to the porch Abi! I happen to love doing hand crafts on the porch! I have a habit of feeling like I need to be doing something while I sit! Here lately though, I constantly have a baby in my arms it seems.

Peggy - glad to hear your retreat went so well! We spent this last weekend trying not to get washed away! Everything is still soggy and siting under water.

Heather - hmmm Mary Poppins indeed! I think the kids and I may have to watch that ourselves here soon! Will definitely be praying about your situation!

Mel - thank you! It is definitely a relief knowing the end of having two payments each month is near! I am so done with having to stop be there on occasion, though honestly I am still so nervous, that I usually send my hubby while I am in an appointment or something. I just do not want to be near the old neighbor!

Linda - Oy! If she yells at the buyers and we lose our contract, I will cry! Trusting God to take care Of it!

Kathy - lovely pictures! I miss my chickens!

Well things here are wet but good. We are getting in a better routine, though we have a long way to go. Emi wants to be held at night in order to sleep, so that is a bit stressful, but I am taking what sleep I can get!

~ Shannon

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page