Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2015 :  10:23:33 AM  Show Profile
Shannon - No I do not, I have a Summerville, SC address. Could you post your new address for me? I'll hold printing yours until I get the correct one.

Matt got a deer! I'm so excited. Venison recipes are flashing through my mind LOL I'm not sure how we're going to manage making ground venison. In Michigan everybody took their deer to a processor and told them what they wanted and you'd get it back in neat white wrapped packages. Here everybody does their own so Matt had to watch some Youtube videos on how to field dress.

So I thought I'd post a couple pics off a pad making FB group I'm part of so everybody can understand some of the cuteness factor we've mentioned. I couldn't find any minky pics in the quick search I did. I thought the Christmas ones were appropriate for the upcoming season. As you can see there are a variety of styles so you can make them to your flow specifications. There's another style called a window pane, which is the pattern I'm making but I didn't see any recently posted of that type.

Sounds like the man may be home so I need to go help unload.

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://ndprairiegypsy.blogspot.com/
Etsy: PrairieGypsyCrafts
Jamestown, ND
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2015 :  10:40:21 AM  Show Profile
PGTammy - I sent you a PM with my address :)

~ Shannon

http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2015 :  10:54:16 AM  Show Profile
Hello My Porchies...Happy Sonday to All of YOU!

I never made it to Seattle...My Body declared WAR on My Plans. Woke up Thursday and it was pouring rain
and freezing temps. We were suppose to get 2-4 inches of rain and Seattle was on a Weather Alert
for 8-10 inches of rain with major flooding which could have affected mud slides and such along the Train
route. So, I had to make a decision within half an hours time whether I was going to risk both my health
and well-being or take two pain pills and go back to bed. I was so torn but prayed about it then talked to
my DH to see what he thought I should do. And then I made my decision and felt complete Peace about it
and called my Son and apologized but opted for the two pain pills and back to bed. I have felt lousy all
weekend...so, I am glad I didn't go. My Seattle kids don't see my day to day fight with the Fibro like my
kids here do. So, that makes it kind of hard...but they were sweet and gracious...and shared with the girls
that they would get to see Grandmama next weekend at Aunt Sadie's Baby Shower here in Vancouver. I have
decided that I must quit making planned trips in November to visit because of both the weather/Fibro
Flares...and also the girls seem to pick up all the Winter Colds/Flu from School this time of year.
As it played out neither Vancouver or Seattle got the predicted rain amounts the News Forecasted...which is
a good thing. But I have had the pain and fatigue non the less. I hate when you wake up and you are as tired
as when you went to bed (like this morning).

Shannon and Tammy...Well, I am happy that you girls are happy with your cloth Monthly pads...they are not something
I ever would have used unless there was absolutely no other option. The ones you buy Shannon with the snap down
wings sound like they are the better ones to me. I also was blessed with having a hysterectomy in my late 30's after
a miscarriage...so I didn't have to put up with all the monthly visits for very long in life. Which made me very
happy as my monthlies lasted 7-8 days with heavy flow for 4 days and bad cramps too. And I was done having my babies
so it all worked out for my good. ~ Sorry to hear that everyone is so sick Shannon and Sabrina! My Prayers!

Prairie Tammy...I wrote down your recommended books...and looked them up on my Kindle. All of them are full price
books (which I normally buy the 1.99 to 2.99 ones since my DH lost his job 6 months ago) but I saved the list and
will go on from time to time and see if they offer them at the lower rates or for Free Reads. They all sounded
really good. I am reading a Hard Cover Book right now that my DH bought on sale at BnN and it is called "15 Seconds"
and it is a white knuckle faced paced Thriller. It is really good but has some graphic bad cop scenes in it that
I have to skim past. I hate violence but do like a good thrill-ride once in awhile. I think this book is by
Andrew Cross.

Wanda...I enjoyed checking out your website. And looking forward to your book.

OK...I'm tired and need to go back to sleep for awhile. More later girls.

Prayers for France!!!

Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Dec 2011-Farmgirl of the Month
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

Don't allow others to steal the Glitz from your *SPARKLE*

Life is too short to knit with ugly yarn!

Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch

Edited by - LadyInRed on Nov 15 2015 11:06:57 AM
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2015 :  12:12:19 PM  Show Profile
Hello sweet sisters,
I have been a busy teacher lately. My butterflies learned how to watercolor from an artist in our church, we are presenting chapel this week, and just had many meetings this past week. Yikes I am so ready for Thanksgiving break.

We had a our first snow..if one could say that but the ground was white for a short bit before the wind blew it away. Our ground is still fairly warm so it doesn't stick. I am so thankful for the beautiful fall we have had. Our weather can sometimes get so nasty in November.

I do hope all of you are doing well. I am so sad for France. That just really has made my heart sad and many prayers for them.

My bible study group finished up Beth Moore's James study and not sure what we are going to do the next few weeks before holidays. it will be a short one and then we hit full swing after the new year. Well that is about it with me. Just wanted to fly in and say hello.

love to you all,
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Purple Skies
http://mypurpleskies.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2015 :  2:58:54 PM  Show Profile
Teacher Tammy...I was just ready to send you an email...as I was concerned about you. So glad that
you posted today. You have been in my prayers dear heart.

Love and Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2015 :  5:23:28 PM  Show Profile
Thank you Peggy I so appreciate prayers right now. It is just too busy for my liking and that has been a hard thing. Besides I knew if I didn't check in soon, you would send the posse...:)

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Purple Skies
http://mypurpleskies.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2015 :  6:51:23 PM  Show Profile
Tea packets went out this afternoon. Hopefully you'll get them before Thanksgiving.

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
Jamestown, ND
Go to Top of Page

beachymom
True Blue Farmgirl

467 Posts

Kathy
Manchester Tennessee
USA
467 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2015 :  8:02:04 PM  Show Profile
Everybody has been so busy lately. It sounds like the holidays couldn't come quick enough. My daughter has an electrical count down to Christmas & tells me everyday how much longer we have and what she wants.
We decided we are going to raise chickens. Free range of course, in our back garden. I posted pics of Sherbert, our Frazzled rooster, and the four hens. Well, we put plastic eggs in a nest, hoping to encourage one of our hens to start brooding. We didn't know just how smart our hens really are. They kept rolling the plastic eggs out of the nest! Neighbor lady told me that the hens wouldn't raise a brood durning winter. So, with about $10 worth of stuff from the Dollar Store, and UTube videos, we made our own incubator from a styrofoam cooler & a light bulb.

We started putting eggs in every couple of days. We rotated them a couple times a day & kept track of the days. Well, last Monday, Odd hatched.

I had knee surgery on Tuesday, and on Friday to more chicks hatched. One chick died overnight. But the other one we named Stella, Italian for star. She looke similar to Odd, just smaller. They get along quite well despite their age difference.
Will, time for prayers and bedtime. Y'all stay safe now.

Hugs and Squishies!!

Kathy

Farmgirl Sister #3983

Take care of the land and it will take care of you.
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2015 :  10:17:40 PM  Show Profile
TLTammy - I had been wondering and worrying about you! I understand being more busy than you like! I have debated giving myself a teacher day, but already feel like we are behind. I am trying to write lessons and lesson plans while teaching, and I just cannot seem to catch up and get ahead! How are your boys enjoying college?

Peggy - sorry to hear your trip had to be cancelled! Glad the family understans though. We just found out that hubby's parents are planning to visit over New Years, as long as his grandfather is not worse. They are testing him for Parkinson's disease :(

This weekend was pretty rough. We are all still sick, and honestly have been that way, or so it seems, since we have moved into this house. We are starting to wonder if it is from the mold in here. I have scrubbed the house, but at the back door, there is past water damage, including mold on the door, trim, baseboards, and carpet. I can only imagine what the mat underneath the carpet looks like. In addition, there seems to be a shortage in the wires to the kids' bathroom. Sometimes the light works and sometimes it doesn't. Other times it flickers. We are trying to get ahold of the property manager to get an electrician out here.

Today I really got on my kids' cases.... I am sure it is a common complaint of younger children, but the mess drives me nuts! Worse is when they are suppose to pick up and put things away, and instead stuff things anywhere and everywhere. We spent the afternoon and evening cleaning the den and their rooms! Now to make sure I keep on top of them everyday. I guess I cannot harass them too much, as I myself have misplaced a book... Which means it is not where it is suppose to be, either.

~ Shannon

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2015 :  02:30:51 AM  Show Profile
Well, My Sweet Porchies...it is a good thing I stayed home this past weekend even though I hated to miss
my darling grand-daughters. But I will see them this weekend when they come down. The reason I said it
was a good thing I stayed home is not only because of the fibro...but because the Good Lord knew I would
be needed here. The precious sister who hostesses our Bible Study Group every Thursday...her husband had a
Stroke last Thursday night and she needed my support and prayers and encouragement to help her make it through.
She is a gal who is pretty fearful of losing people in her family...so this was very hard on her. It turns
out that her husbands stroke was mild but they moved him from Kaiser Hospital to a Nursing Rehab Center
today...where they plan to keep him for two more weeks. His speech is still slurred a bit and the right
side of his face is a little droopy and he has balance issues...so they want to do some rehab on him before
they release him back home. So that was all very stressful for my Sister in Christ and her daughter and son.

Then we had a very sad day at Church yesterday our main Pastor is leaving the Church because he was unfaithful
to his wife. In the many years I have been a Christian I have been through this several times and it always rocks
the Church and shakes the foundation. But this is what I shared with My Bible Study Group and My Church today
via email...I'm sharing this because maybe it will resonate with those of you who are Christians...that we need to
always be in continual prayer for our leaders because they are the most vulnerable for an attack of the enemy:

"Ladies...I would rather you hear this from me than from the Gossip Mills.
L*H* Church needs your prayers. J* and M* need your prayers. Those of us who attend L*H* Church need your prayers. Satan has been prowling like a Hungry Lion for months and we could feel it but we
couldn't see exactly how he would strike...but now we know. 'Sin', 'Satan' and 'Self' have taken down Pastor J*. It has been a crushing blow but NOT A Fatal One. The Church will go on because the Church belongs to God and our HOPE and SALVATION is in God and God Alone. But our Hearts are Heavy for the loss we are suffering. The loss of a Godly and Good Man. BUT...
God is all about Saving Grace, Healing Hurts and Restoring Lives. He will stay in Holy Pursuit of Pastor J*! We must stay in Holy Pursuit of God! Forgiveness is all about Aggressive Grace and Forgiving as Christ Jesus forgave each one of us. Please Pray! Don't Judge! And as I have said before Please Pray for the Leaders of YOUR Churches they are always the most vulnerable to Satan's Attacks. ~ God Bless You ~

I wanted to protect the names of my Pastor and Family and The Church...but as a Teacher and Retired Pastor's wife...I wanted to share this because we are All Broken People and we all make mistakes. Life is Messy and Tough and we All Fall Down.
Please keep us All in your thoughts and prayers!

Loving and Living Deeply In Him,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Nov 17 2015 09:19:13 AM
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2015 :  03:22:49 AM  Show Profile
Kathy - what an ingenious incubator!you guys are so clever! The chick is just the cutest thing ever! What breed do you own? I found it amusing that your chickens would roll the plastieggs out!

Peggy - oh sister! I am a firm believer that God has His Hanson all things and will use our life situations to His Glory! This is seen in your fibro acting up and so much rain, so you had to cancel your trip...so that you could be a blessing to your friend. I praise God her hubby's stroke was not more debilitating! AndGod will use the situation with your pastor for His Glory! I do not agree that those at the "top" of the church are any more vulnerable thantoseat the bottom... I do however agree that Satan will attack them harder, and those that stand firm other faith of Jesus Christ. It is kinda pointless to attack someone who doesn't really care about God, or is adrift, as they are doingenoughdamage to their testimony (if they are saved), on their own. By attacking the head folks,or those that confess an unwavering loyalty to their Lord and Savior, it is they that Satan wants to destroy. I pray the announcement from your pastor came with repentance and the asking of forgiveness,for then this man canbe taken back into the flock, loved, and restitution can occur. Indeed I will pray for your pastor and church! I also will continue to pray for my pastor, elders, and church. May God get the glory in this situation!

~ Shannon

Go to Top of Page

TexasWildflower
True Blue Farmgirl

206 Posts

Wanda
Hallettsville Texas
USA
206 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2015 :  03:47:13 AM  Show Profile
Oh, Peggy. Such sad news about your pastor. I have also seen this happen several times during my life. And you are so right; it truly does rock the Church and shake the foundation. Bit, God is in control and, if it truly is God's Church, it will stand. My prayers are with you all. I hope you will keep us updated. To God be the glory.

Wanda
Farmgirl sister #3399
www.wandasturrock.com
'The Simply Lived Life' blog http://www.wandasturrock.com/website/blog/
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2015 :  10:10:18 AM  Show Profile
Kathy...I too loved your Incubator. Necessity is the Mother of Invention, right? And that little chick
is sweeter than sweet! Congrats on the successful births of the others (minus one!) You will have to share
pictures as they grow.

Shannon...you are right in what you said about Pastors, Elders, and other Leaders not being any more
vulnerable than the rest of the Christians...this is true! But their fall from grace has a much bigger
impact on the Local Church and entire Community. Especially when the Church is so pro-active with the
homeless and many other out-reach ministries to the Community. But the Church is not One Man...and we
will move forward. Tomorrow morning there is a Prayer Vigil at The Church and the pastors wife and other
leaders will be there to comfort and encourage their flock. It will be our prayers for complete restoration
and healing for our pastor and of course the main objective would be to bring him back into the fold.
But I have never seen that be successful. Yes, I have seen complete forgiveness and restoration after
a goodly amount of time for healing but they usually always go to another Church and usually to a completely
different town/city/or State. And that is what is so sad for those who loved them, prayed for them,
and wanted nothing but God's very best for them. I look at the Apostle Peter when Christ told him that Satan
had asked to sift him like wheat...and Peter thought that was impossible because he had often declared his un-
dying allegiance to Jesus and continued to do so; but Christ told him that, that very night he would deny Him
three times. Our Pastor is so much like Peter a strong man of Christ and I know he would have never thought
he would be in the circumstance he finds himself in. But just like how Jesus Restored Peter, I know our Pastor
will be restored because from Genesis to Revelation our God is all about the restoration of mankind to himself.
I thank you for your prayers Shannon...we covet them.

Wanda...thank you also for your prayers and words of encouragement. Being a Large Church we have many Pastors
on staff though I must say our Sr. Pastor was a visionary and had a huge heart for the Street People and the
lost and suffering and hurting...that went way beyond the average Pastor. When no other Churches would open
their doors to the homeless on bitter cold nights or feed the hungry and clothe the poor...we did. And I pray
that continues to be who we are as a Church.

Ok...girls enough said, God is Crazy Good, Merciful and Heals the Broken Hearted and He is still on His Throne
and in control. Some times I wonder why He left the Church in the hands of mere men and women...What was He
thinking??? But non-the-less we continue get back up every time we fall down! And God loves us despite ourselves and just because
We Are HIS!!!

Have a beautiful day rain, or snow or sunshine,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Nov 17 2015 10:14:36 AM
Go to Top of Page

beachymom
True Blue Farmgirl

467 Posts

Kathy
Manchester Tennessee
USA
467 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2015 :  2:26:01 PM  Show Profile
Shannon-we all need to remember that we all face different challenges. Some pass, some fail. Having free choice is sometimes a challenge in itself. Even God's beloved, David, fell from grace. The father of lies touches us all at one time or another. All we can do is pray for ourselves & others. None but Christ is perfect. God loves all his children equally and perfectly. I hope you and your fellow parishioners will be able to forgive & heal. The wife of my mother-in-laws pastor stole all the money raised for a building extension to feed her shopping addiction. They forgave her & although the law sent her to jail for stealing, the congregation moved on. I don't know if I would have forgiven her, but then, I am no where near perfect.

Chicks are doing well. Stella: (imagine a high squeaky voice here) isn't she just the cutest fluffy little thing?

I don't know their exact breed. Dad is a Frazzeled chicken. The hens are all "backyard bred" of uncertain origin. They're healthy and lay lots of yummy eggs. That's all that matters to us.

Later sisters. Stay safe.

Hugs and Squishies!!

Kathy

Farmgirl Sister #3983

Take care of the land and it will take care of you.
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2015 :  09:11:04 AM  Show Profile
Oh...Dear Peggy...so sorry to hear about your church situation. But you are right...GOD IS ABLE!!Praise His Name!! So many times we forget that pastors are made of the same fibers we are and are subject to the same temptations. Right? They just fall harder because of the position they hold. They're in the limelight.
But God is able to put this right!
Tammy, I got your tea package. Thank You! Such adorable tucks!! Hubby said he wants a whole box full so he can scatter them around on the floor. hahaha I'll leave the rest of you to wonder!*giggle*
Patsy's middle son came to visit her for the holiday and to help fix some things around the house. So she has company again. God has been amazing! She has either gone to them or they have come to her since she left here. She's looking forward to visiting her son in California for awhile during the winter. That will be the perfect place to be while it's cold here in the east.
We have had nice weather for November. Today is low 40's though...but it's sunny and cheerful. Sooner or later it will have to 'give-it-up. 'I'm ready for it though! That's the beauty of Ohio when you've lived here all your life...you enjoy the seasons changing...they are Gods' gift to us. Each season has it's own beautiful gifts!
Well Porch-Buds, make it a good day!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"
"The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it is on my list!"
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2015 :  10:44:09 AM  Show Profile
Hey Judy...Love You Girl! You are right about them falling harder because of their position...it has a huge rippling
affect on the body of believers and into the community. In fact our Pastor did a Newspaper interview that he set up
himself to announce the reason he was stepping down (which the stepping down was not his idea but the other leaders).
That took guts to do that..but he wanted to quell the Gossip Mongers...by going public himself. On our prayer day
for Pastor there were about 100 people from Church and 8 Pastors from other Churches that came to pray for J* & his wife.
The eight Pastors were other local Pastors from different Churches who love and care deeply for J*. That was a very beautiful thing. ~ I'm happy to say that Pastor and his wife are staying together and working through their problems together. And Pastor is also going into an Alcohol Rehab center right after Thanksgiving. Not to make excuses for Pastor...but their oldest son (a man himself) is addicted to Heroin and their constant battle with their God for their son...I believe lead Pastor down this road of Entangled Sin. He got discouraged and battle weary and his own faith was shaken. Only 3% of Heroin Addicts are ever able to kick the habit for good... unfortunately! But J* wanted a Miracle from God for his son and it never came. I think you get the picture here.
But I believe that down the road after Counseling and Treatment and Time...their lives and family will all be restored
to Jesus and I Trust God for their future.

Oh, my you do have me curious about Tammy's tucks in her tea package! LOL Haven't gotten mine yet.

But yesterday I got a really special Pkg from one of our Porchies...Miss Judith...who isn't on here a lot but
whom we dearly love. She is one of our Tea Swappers. She sent me two Microwave bowl holders. They are for
holding a bowl of say hot soup when it comes straight out of the Microwave. The fabric she used was so adorable.
Both were Mary Englebreit but one was a Scotty Dog and one was Tea pots and cups etc. Her note said that she
knew I had been having a difficult season and she was just trying to cheer me up. And boy did she!!! Who doesn't
like a FUN Surprise in their Mail Box??? Brightened my day real Perty!!! As my grandma use to say.

Well, girls our 7 days of rain finally stopped and the sun is shining brightly. It is suppose to stay dry all weekend
which I am rejoicing over!!! I may make it to Church this Sunday!! Praise the Lord! And Praise The Lord girls that I didn't go To Seattle last week because I found out my Grand-daughters had Strep-Throat. I am really going to have a discussion with my oldest son about that when next I see him face to face. They do not understand what it means to older people who have compromised immune systems when they willing share those kind of germs. He wasn't going to tell me that the girls were sick he was just going to let me come. Oh, my goodness!!! Well, I did decide from now on I am not going to plan trips in the Fall to visit my Seattle Family. I will go in the summer months when we don't have to worry about cold/flu season.

My DIL's baby shower is tomorrow afternoon. So, that will be fun! Looking forward to that...it is going to be a Tea Party!!! And we have been asked to dress up for the Tea Party! I think baby may show up a week or two early. Just a gut feeling...as mommy looks ready to pop now!

Ok...go enjoy your weekend and do something fun!!!

Love and Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Nov 20 2015 10:53:49 AM
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2015 :  11:59:34 AM  Show Profile
Afternoon ladies! Jumped on to see if anybody had gotten their packages yet. Judy I'm so glad you got it! So glad you like the tucks. Tell your hubs I felt like I'd done a box full by the time I got done LOL Did you like the colors? I won't say anymore until more get their packages. Peggy, yours will be a bit late. I messed up your address when I cut and pasted it so I had to come back home and fix it and I didn't get back to the post office until Wednesday to mail yours. I'm so sorry. It might not be too late though as you're not that many states away.

I will ask for prayer. I go in Tuesday to find out what the surgeon has decided. My fibroid symptoms have gotten so bad I had to go in and start dealing with them. I had a uterine biopsy done Monday and the results came back today normal, which is good. They wanted to make sure there wasn't something else going on like cancer. So, I'll either have an ablation or a total hysterectomy. I'm okay with either, I just want to not be in pain all the time. It's not a horrible pain, but just wears me down because it's constant the last couple months.

I'll be on a vacation (sort of) starting after I get done with work today. I'll work at W*lmart next week but I'm off my full time job all next week. We have a bunch of projects planned. New flooring in my office being his huge project and I want to do a huge cleaning on the house and get the plastic on the windows for winter. It was 11' when I woke up this morning with wind chill of 7' so winter is getting here fast. Winds the last couple days have been insane, gusts of 59 to 72 mph and winds were in the upper 20 mph range most of the time. Matt was sweet and traded his deer hide in and used it to get me a pair of premium leather gloves. They definitely worked last night to protect my fingers from the bitterly cold winds when I got off work.

Okay, I've got to get back to work. Hope more of you find your packages in your mailboxes today.

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
Jamestown, ND
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2015 :  3:58:45 PM  Show Profile
Peg, I want to see pics of those bowl holders. Sounds like something I might like to have. I'm so scared of tipping a hot bowl on my hand when I just use pot holders. Know what I mean?
And when you see that son of yours...smack him up-side his head for me too!(not gonna tell you when the girls are sick...unbelievable...of all the ridiculous...no sense when it comes to his sweet Mama)...*mumble-mumble*
Ok...think I'm done ranting! *well...maybe just a little more* You aren't 'Iron-Mom' for goodness sake...or 'super-mom'...compromise your health...geesh...what's the matter with kids? Why can't they be like we are...perfect in EVERY way...what's the matter with kids today?/!hahahahahahaha That could be a song, right?
NOOOWWWW I'm done! rofl
Thanks for the BIG picture on the pastor. I really appreciate details when praying!!
Tammy, LOVED the colors of the tucks. Really gorgeous!! Good job!!*patpatpat
Will keep you in my Prayers Girlie! You poor thing!
WOW! I feel silly now, whining about our wind gusts which. were 45-50 and here yuns bout got blown into another state. I was just bragging about how we have hardly had any winds this whole year...now this.
Well, that's all for me. Love yuns!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2015 :  4:44:40 PM  Show Profile
Hi Tammy - got your tea and tucks today - and I loved the colors also. Thank you so much!

Will probably be off-line for a few days, so if I don't get back on before Thanksgiving, I hope everyone has a wonderful and blessed holiday.

Luanne

beekeepersgirl #691

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.

My blog: finallyafarmgirl.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2015 :  5:43:33 PM  Show Profile
Hi, Farm Sisters!
Prairie Gypsy/Tammy, I am on the Porch tonight especially to thank you for your Tea package! The teas you chose sound really yummy and tomorrow I will have one kind with my English muffin and peach jam from farmers market! Wow! I loved those tucks too. Perfect colors and design. (It's so hard to thank you for them and not spoil the treat for others...sh!!!! Anyway, those tucks were a good way for me to say hello to our first snow of the season. Today we got about 10" of the white, fluffy stuff! So beautiful here in our woods.
Best of luck and prayers for whatever decision is made on your medical situation.
Your winds out there would absolutely put me into flight! No kidding. DH has to hang on to me in those winds! I get picked completely up off the ground. (That is not a good feeling.) Glad you have really good gloves.

Peggy! cheese louise...you make me blush. I am glad to hear you like your little cheer gift. Ladies, I got the pattern for the bowl holders from Farm Sister Linda/quiltee. She is a sweetheart about sharing her patterns. (your bowl fits into the potholder and goes directly into the micro wave. Then you just lift the whole thing out when done.) (Think of a cupcake paper for your chili or hot cereal.)

Hey, Judy, I am mumbling right along with you about that little "misunderstanding" re the Peggy's grand daughters' strep throat.
My goodness..So glad you didn't make that trip, Peggy Ann.

Thanks for sharing about your church and Pastor, Peggy. Sometimes its so easy for me to forget how human we all are. We put our leaders on a pedestal and are shocked when they fall off. I will pray for your Pastor and family, your church members and for you. I will also pray for myself that my heart and head remain more aware of the evils of this world, and God's goodness though all.
Prayers also for your Church sister and husband.

Kathy, I love your incubator and your chicks Odd and Stella!
You did a great job hatching them!

Judy, sounds like you are having a "tropical heat wave". Enjoy your Fall!

Shannon, so sorry to hear your little family has been so sick! Hope you are all feeling better. That nasty stuff just hangs on!
I can hardly believe you lost your patience with the liddle kiddles! lol. Some days, I just went round and round with my kids and I only had 2.

Oh, there you are, TLT! I missed hearing about your Butterflies! Sounds like you have artists!

Time to hit the sewing machine...bowl holders waiting to be finished before Thanksgiving. Hugs to all of you. I am thankful for you!

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon

Edited by - forgetmenot on Nov 20 2015 5:46:18 PM
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2015 :  01:15:59 AM  Show Profile
Prairie Tammy...I got my Tea Pkg today!! The teas smell Wonderful!!! Can't wait to try them.
And the tucks were so awesome and so pretty and now I can see why Judy's husband thought an
entire floor of them would look good (they would)...I can't believe you made so many of them,
bless your heart! So sweet of you!!! ~ Hope the medical problems get resolved in the most
positive way for your over-all good health. One way or the other it will at least get rid of
your pain. I had an oblation done 6 months before they ended up doing the hysterectomy...so in
the end I wish they just would have done the hysterectomy and skipped the oblation all together.
I felt a little better after the Oblation but felt amazing after the hysterectomy. Prayers are
going up for you.

Judy...Man girl, I'm just going to sic you on my son...that was a great rant!! LOL I couldn't have
done that any better if I'd tried! That is a True Friend when they are willing to go the distance
for you! I could hear the Rocky Balboa Music in the background and see you running up those stairs!!
It was a thrilling mental picture! ROFLOL Judy I will take pictures of The Soup Bowl Holders some
time this weekend and post them.

Judith...Oh, goodness girl didn't mean to make you blush! *giggle* But I love my Bowl Holders and
that just really did make my day! My husband was being silly and fooling around and he said, "No, those
aren't bowl holders they're boob holders!" LOL So, I hit him with one. He said, "Come on, that was
funny!" Weird since of humor the man has!!

Luanne...Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Went over to my youngest sons tonight and helped them get ready for the baby shower tomorrow. They fed me...so
the pay was pretty darn good. Just Feed me and I'll work my head off for you! They have been in the rental now
for 6 months but hadn't hung up any of their Wall Decor...so my son and I did that tonight. So, I am going to
have to go slather on a whole bottle of ArneCare for pain. Keeping pictures held up against the wall and over
my head... while my DIL decided if she liked the positioning was probably not the best thing I could have chosen
to do...but hey, it had to get done. Guess I better go find the ArneCare and hit the sack before It is time to
get up and go back over for the shower.

Thanks for being such great Porch Buds...you're the best girls!

Hugs and Smiles,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2015 :  06:22:26 AM  Show Profile
Morning everyone :) It USA beautiful crisp morning here! Perfect morning forsome ofthe tea PGTammy just sent! I had to laugh at the box full to scatter on the floor...my kids DId scatterthemonthe floor...and the. Up over their heads and down they scattered ;)

Today willbe (hopefully) a day of crafting:) I need to finish up some projects for swaps. I am also hoping to at least start laying out my pattern pieces forte Christmas Eve pajamas, but we will see.

~ Shannon

Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2015 :  09:57:17 AM  Show Profile
Woke up this morning and it was snowing lightly. It's stopped now and nothing accumulated unfortunately. As a child I always hoped for snow on my birthday and today's my birthday - so I got a hint of snow LOL I hit the big 50 today. Amazing because I don't feel that old at all. We're going to see the last movie in the Hunger Games series later this afternoon and then we're going out for supper afterwards. Otherwise, I'm planning a day of pure laziness :O) okay, maybe some crafting too lol

I ordered myself a birthday present to myself and received the package yesterday. The package contains a nylon zip bag, which holds 10 full size essential oils bottles, and will be great when we travel. It also has a small nylon bag to put on a key ring, which holds 10 dram bottles, which they include. Now I can carry my oils with me everywhere and not have to worry about the lids working lose and spilling in my purse. It also came with a USB port diffuser. I'm testing it now as I type. Neat idea but I'd never be able to use it if I worked in the office as the office is a scent free zone. I'm thinking it might be great in the car and will be great when we travel. For $25 for the whole package I thought it was a super deal and it's something I'll use. I need to see if I can get extra bottles for the diffuser so I can mix different ones up and switch out for whatever mood I'm in. It would have been nice if they'd made it to use the dram bottles but that would make too much sense right? LOL For those that use EO's, what are your favorite scents to use diffuse in winter or around the holidays? We love eucalyptus, peppermint and either lavender or lemon blended together. I use to make one with cinnamon bark, clove and pine. I like orange and clove too.

Matt just gave me my birthday present. He gifted me with a spa package!!! What a great present and one I can so use right now. I'll be scheduling that today when we go to the movie as the salon is in the same mall as the movie theater :O)

Peggy - so glad your package wasn't held up with the late mailing. ~ It's one thing I'm concerned about that I'll end up having to have both procedures.

Shannon - so cute with the kids and my tucks LOL Have fun with your crafting.

Well I'm going to go get dressed, make myself a cup of tea and finish the book I'm reading. Have an awesome day everybody!

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
Jamestown, ND
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2015 :  11:03:47 AM  Show Profile
Happy Birthday To You, Happy Birthday To You, Happy Birthday, God Bless Youuuu...
Happy Birthday To Youoooo!
Sounds like you are having a great day Tammy! Love the diffuser and oil idea. Good self-gift.lol
I like orange & cinny and lavender & peppermint. Lavender anything is sooo relaxing and mind-clearing
for me.

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2015 :  12:24:11 PM  Show Profile
Happy, Happy Birthday, Tammy! Such a wonderful "self gift". Plus a spa day! Yippee!

Judy, I am going to try to post a pic of bowl holders that I sent to my sister. I made them to match a casserole carrier that I made her. They are reversible.

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon

Edited by - forgetmenot on Nov 21 2015 12:25:51 PM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page