Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2015 :  4:39:19 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Tammy! Ok...now I seethe slight bowl indentation. Neato! Perfect!
It started raining around 5 and got windy.Might snow around 10 tonight. Glad to be back home. Went out around 3 to shop and eat at our favorite spaghetti place. Started out decent but changed about an hour out. Been super overcast all day. Never did get daylight today. *giggle*

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"
"The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it is on my list!"

Edited by - herblady55 on Nov 21 2015 4:44:13 PM
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2015 :  6:13:19 PM  Show Profile
HAPPY BIRTHDAY Prairie Gypsy Tammy!!!!! It sounds like you are having a wonderful day. Enjoy it - you deserve it!

~ Shannon

http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2015 :  6:37:04 PM  Show Profile
Happy Big 50th Birthday Prairie Tammy!!! Sounds like you had a good day!!! And Lovely gifts!

Hi My Porchies...just got back from the Baby Shower...it started an hour late because the Freeways were
really congested. But once we got going it was great! Sadie and Savannah got so many wonderful things.
And Sadie's two friends who hosted the Shower did an amazing job...it was so pretty and girly!

I did hardly anything but cut cake and take pictures...so I got to really enjoy her opening her gifts.
The Grandma's and her Auntie really went overboard but that's what we do right? (+:
We found out at the baby shower that Sadie's dad has severe prostate cancer. I found out from her step mom
during the shower and her dad shared it with my son, when the guys went out for something to eat. Her step
mom has battled with cancer for the past 2 years and they just found a tumor in her throat. So, it looks
like her cancer has come back. They have been married less than a year and they both have cancer. Wow, it seems
like some families just really get hit hard with bad luck. Sadie will be devastated when she finds out later
tonight. So, please keep Will & Shelly in your prayers.

Well, I'm pooped and off to scrounge something to eat.

More Later Gators,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Dec 2011-Farmgirl of the Month
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

Don't allow others to steal the Glitz from your *SPARKLE*

Life is too short to knit with ugly yarn!

Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch

Edited by - LadyInRed on Nov 21 2015 6:39:58 PM
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2015 :  09:56:36 AM  Show Profile
Prairie Tammy Thank you for the tea package. It could not have come at a better time. I had a terrible week at school and my heart is feeling a bit down. So thank you so much. Loved them and can't wait to try the tea.

We had our first snow this week, about 3 inches. It is sunny and pretty today on the snow. I am looking forward to my break this week. We don't have school from Wednesday on. This last week was awful, not with students but with a parent who was upset because I didn't pick their child for the Math Bee. She has practically shunned me and tried to make my life a nightmare. But God will use this to strengthen me and he showed me her true colors. I thought she was my friend and found that what others said to be true. If you don't do it her way, she will be cruel and mean. The Lord has helped me see that and now I am working on forgiving her and moving forward. Not easy to do since I would really like to treat her the way she has me. But I know that is not showing Jesus. In time, I will get there. for now I am allowing God to heal my heart.

Hope yall are having a great day.
love to you all
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Purple Skies
http://mypurpleskies.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2015 :  10:46:16 AM  Show Profile
Teacher Tammy...why do some people just seem to make life miserable for everyone if they don't get their
Own way in life? I am sorry you are having to deal with that and that your heart has been hurt over it.
All I can share with you is what God has been teaching me with my own Narcissistic Mother...and that is
"Aggressive Grace". That is what Jesus did for us when he died upon the Cross. He poured grace upon us all
when we deserved it the least...when we were wretched in our own sins. Just like your parent who is now
abusing you because she is unhappy things didn't go her way. I have had that all my life with my Mother...
so I know how wounded you feel. But by being the bigger woman love her despite herself! Shower aggressive
grace on her. That means you continue to treat her with all the gentleness and love that Christ would. And how he treats you! And
that is the exact opposite of how we want to treat people who hurt us. So, that means you do it in God's strength and not your own.

It doesn't mean you fawn over her and give her...her way. No, it means you don't
cold shoulder her as she is you. It means you speak and show love to her despite how she behaves toward you.
When God started showing me this summer that...this was the coarse of action I needed to take with my mom.
Guess what? It changed my heart and attitude towards my mom. At first I saw only changes in me. But as the
months have progressed I have seen my mom start changing too. God had to first work on my heart and then
He started working on hers. And Aggressive Grace is a God thing (it doesn't come from us) it comes when we
start splashing his loving actions and words onto those who have wounded us deeply.

I'm praying for you sweet child of God. I know that you are the bigger woman...because I see Jesus in You! You reflect His Heart.

Love and Prayers,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Nov 22 2015 10:52:22 AM
Go to Top of Page

kymomma4
True Blue Farmgirl

516 Posts

RoDonna
Frankfort Kentucky
USA
516 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2015 :  7:58:51 PM  Show Profile
Good Evening Porchies!! I haven't been able to join on the porch like I like to. So busy here at times. So I thought I would catch up while I had the chance. I see that there are many prayer needs so I will be praying for all of you.

I would love some snow! Porchies of the North can gladly send some down. It's been such a long time since I've seen snow for Christmas. I've been wanting to move North but can't convince anyone else. I love this time of year. I only wish I had a wood stove like my parents. After 11 years of marriage I still stay cold. Gas or electric heat does nothing for me. Sigh....one of these days I'll get my farm and house that I dream about. A nice earth sheltered home. :)

Found out a few weeks ago that DH has type 2 diabetes. We have been making a lot of changes in our diet and exercise. So far so good. He is just on the oral meds instead of injections. Not everyone in the house likes me changing the way we eat. The kids are slowly learning but my MIL, who works in healthcare, doesn't do change. I've lost some weight and I have a goal. This just got me moving a little more.

Well, I'm not going to stay too long tonight. I have some cooking to do in the morning. I hope all of you sweet sisters have a wonderful Thanksgiving!!!

RoDonna

Farmgirl #2361
"Blessed is the farmgirl who helps make the world a better and healthy place" ~ Me

"For she is clothed with dignity and strength and without fear of the future"-Proverbs 31:25
www.pinterest.com/kymomma4
www.facebook.com/onthehomestead
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2015 :  11:46:05 PM  Show Profile
RoDonna - it is so good to see you on here again! I am sorry to hear about your hubby. Hopefully he gets his sugar down where it needs to be so he can get off the oral medicines too. Finding out before the holidays I am sure is extra rough! As far as your MIL, I think those of us in healthcare are the worst patients... We seem to be at one extreme (healthy) or the other.

Peggy - so glad the baby shower went well. Howis Sadie doing? What hard news to learn before the holidays! Makes you appreciate them all that much more!

TLTammy - I am so sorry to hear about the situation with the mom. I understand difficult people! I think that is such a silly reason to get angry! I cannot help but question this sense of entitlement that runs rampant in our country, though if I am honest, there are times I am just as bad. As I reflect on Thanksgiving, as well as the entitlement issue, I cannot help but be even more thankful for the things I DO have. Praying the situation gets resolved!

Things here are fairly normal - chaotic;) I am guessing Emi might not be able to handle nightshades at this point in time. Ironically we have wondered the same thing about our two year old. We had spaghetti a couple nights ago, and since then, Emi has screamed whenever she is awake :( Makes it very difficult on this momma!

Today we are having asimpledinner with just us. I miss the big family gatherings! In the past weave invited various friends over, but this house just isn't set up for it, and those we have done that with in the past have all moved. I will probably try to spend what free time I have finishing up some swap projects. Hopefully Emi will be agreeable!

Happy Thanksgiving porchies :)

~ Shannon

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2015 :  6:24:56 PM  Show Profile
Happy Thanksgiving My Porchies...

We had a Lovely Dinner at The Heathman Lodge..and because my son and dil sold their house they paid for
everyone's dinner. It was such a Sweet and Thoughtful thing for them to do! We just had to pay the Gratuity
and with 9 of us that was easy to do. We had a fabulous Server and so we gave her a nice hefty tip. This
place looks like a fancy Hunting Lodge but it is right in the City. It was all decorated for Christmas and
they had a piano player and every kind of food you could think of...I had Turkey, Prime Rib and Salmon and all
the normal sides. They even had a Vegan Menu for those who didn't want Gluten...including a gluten free Chocolate
cheese cake that was to die for. About 10 different desserts including Cream Puffs and Pumpkin Pie. It was all
amazingly good!

Stopped at the Grocery Store on the way Home (I had to have some pumpkin pie for home) and a few other groceries.
Then took the dog for a walk (which I really needed)! LOL And then back home to get in my PJ's and turn on the
Christmas Tree. Yes, I put it up 2 days ago and two Nativities but still have more to put up. I decorate my foyer too.

RoDonna...nice to have you back on The Porch!!! Sorry about DH's Diabetes. I have the same thing. I usually keep it
under control with no meds...but the last 6 months I have been really bad with all the stress in our lives. I need
to get back with good eating habits but I just now am feeling stress free...at The Holidays! LOL

Shannon...Hope you had a nice Thanksgiving despite not having extra guests. Sadie's dad and MIL were both in good
spirits considering their recent cancer news. We are so blessed that all the in laws and out laws really genuinely
like each other. We love getting together for any occasion. ~ Sadie went to the Mid-wife this week and she is
1 centimeters dilated and 80% effaced. So, I'm thinking for sure within a week...two at the most...but not Dec. 17th.
They just got all the baby furniture put together yesterday and so now they are ready! We are just all so excited!!

Well, girlies...off to relax and enjoy finishing the football game. Packers and Bears!

Hugs and more Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

Sobyn
True Blue Farmgirl

752 Posts

Sabrina
Kansas
USA
752 Posts

Posted - Nov 27 2015 :  12:36:02 PM  Show Profile
Hi everyone! Hope you had a wonderful thanksgiving. We had an ok day, quiet with just us. D wanted to do some traveling but pretty much all the major destinations are banned at this point so that is out. He still wants to do some in a couple weeks when he has leave but we will see. I'm not crazy about the idea.

We had invited people over for Thanksgiving but they all had plans. It turned out good to have a relaxing day of just us though. I did a lot of crocheting. I've made David 3 Star Wars amigurumi figures that will be stocking stuffers. I'll post a pic of one.

Went shopping with a friend this morning and got the kids Christmas clothes. Tomorrow we have another quiet family day planned and hopefully I can get some of my neglected to do list taken care of!

I'm so behind but I did read all your posts and I'm praying for you all. Even if I don't respind know I am praying, mourning and celebrating with each of you as I read your posts!!! I'll try to check back more often especially now that things are slowing down. I learned something about myself this semester, even though I love having many things going on, I need variety. They can't all be teaching and they can't all be social, I need some at home and solitary projects too!!!

Shannon-as far as German traditions, I wouldn't even know where to start really this is pretty much the biggest holiday for them. The things I've noticed, they really do up at nick day and 3 kings day, there are lots of Christmas markets. And their decorations are amazing. I have a set of ornaments my mom got me called the "brides Christmas tree" which is supposed to be a German tradition. It is 12 ornaments that each stand for something, perhaps you can find something online about it and they could each make (maybe just color a picture of the item) a set of ornaments? Just an idea.

Here is Yoda....

Here is the Kindness elf I made...

It is so nice to have time to craft again!!

I'm off to bed! I'll check back sooner this time!

Sabrina

Farmgirl Sister #3275
http://kidscrunchandchrist.com

Norwex www.sabrinascheerer.norwex.biz
Usborne Books and More! https://j4070.myubam.com

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Nov 27 2015 :  6:04:27 PM  Show Profile
Hello gals! Seems like we all had quiet dinners this year. Hubby worked. Bob Evans was open this Thanksgiving for the first time ever, so I went there for my turkey dinner.All I ate was the veggies and mashed potatoes and gravy.(I had been sick for a couple of days)Brought Dave home the turkey and dressing, plus I got him a pork dinner to take to work today.So he had no complaints.I'm sure Bob Evans will be doing that again. They ran out of 2 kinds of pumpkin pie before 3pm so they need to make more of those next year. I brought pecan home for us.
I'm still not feeling very well. Sneezing, coughing, headache, freezing, hot, no appetite. Yesterday I felt better, now today I'm worse again.*sigh*
Going to bed Porchies. G'nite!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2015 :  04:03:32 AM  Show Profile
Peggy - sounda like you had a pleasant Thanksgiving! How exciting to know the baby will be joining so soon! Praying for Sadie to haveaquick and easy delivery!

Sabrina - so lovely to see you pop in! Your handiwork looks to fabulous! Glad to know you guys are keeping safe in Europe. When are you guys looking at coming back stateside? Any idea where? Thanks for the information on Germany! I have heard their Christmas markets are a sight to see!

Judy - I am so sorry to hear you are sick! Prayerfully you are feeling better now!?!?

As for an update for us... Thanksgiving was quite lovely! Quiet and enjoyable. Friday we avoid leaving the house, and decorate. Unfortunately in the process, the step stool was knocked over and fell, hitting my Achilles tendon. We are guessing it is slightly torn, asi still cannot bear weight on it, or move my toes. I will probably go see the doctor tomorrow, and see if I can get a walking boot. It has definitely made things more challenging! Then Friday night, around one in the morning, I woke up to Emi having difficulty breathing. With how it started, we are guessing RSV... Basically a bad cold, but pretty serious for children two and under. We finally got her breathing a little better, but the rest of the night and yesterday were rough keeping her comfortable! Add to it, Aly the two year old, Ben the four year old, and Sammi the six year old are all sick as well. Last night we ran a cool mist humidifier, with essential oils in it, after giving her a bath and oiling her up. She actually slept well, and seems to be breathing a little better this morning, praise God! We are praying she will not have to be admitted for breathing treatments!

Today I am hoping to work on some swap projects. I have a few I need to get in the mail, but have not found the time to finish them! Hopefully Emi will be a little more content today, with being able to breathe a little better. I am pretty bummed about not going to church today! She and I will also be staying home from our field trip on Tuesday, a well as any of the other kids that are sick. A local monastery has a crèche festival every year, that we were suppose to go see. They have over a hundred crèches on display from all over the world. Even if Emi seems well by then, which I doubt, I do not want to take her out yet!

~ Shannon

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2015 :  07:33:38 AM  Show Profile
PORCH TEA SWAP FOR 2016

Jan. is PeggyAnn Smith

Feb. is Linda Oliver

March

April

May is Luanne Bailey

June is Judy Jones McCowen

July

Aug.

Sept.

Oct. is Judith Lieteig

Nov.

Dec. is Shannon Hudson

OK, My Porchies those are our open Months that still need filled

Just post on here or email me which Month you would like!!!

Hugs and Smiles,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Nov 30 2015 01:40:10 AM
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2015 :  07:40:52 AM  Show Profile
I'd like December this year, if the normal person doesn't mind... or November

~ Shannon

Go to Top of Page

prichmond9
True Blue Farmgirl

54 Posts

Peggy
Pelham Tennessee
USA
54 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2015 :  10:20:15 AM  Show Profile
I have been MIA for several weeks, but wanted to just check in and wish everyone happy holidays and a Merry Christmas if I don't get back. We have been traveling quite a bit in October and November. Thanksgiving was wonderful, I had 30 members of my immediate family here for dinner and it was so good to see everyone all together. We cancelled our reunion in October due to the death of my grand nephew, 2 years old, who died in his sleep from complications of a condition which produces fever seizures. My entire family has been grieving and it has been a rough time in our lives but we have a strong faith that God is in control and lean on the Holy Spirit for comfort and guidance. We needed this time together at Thanksgiving to just comfort one another as best we could. My husband, Jeff and I, are going to be spending Christmas in Myrtle Beach, NC this year as a gift to one another, we need some time just to be with each other without a lot of distractions so the opportunity has arrived for us to do just that. I am looking forward to it since I have never been to Myrtle Beach and it should be fairly nice weather on the beach in December. At any rate, my porch here in Providence has seen a lot of visitors recently and we have closed the west side due to some rain and wind but for the most part have been able to have our morning coffee and/or evening tea during a little down time out there each day. Here's wishing you and yours the magic of the Christmas Season.

Farm girl #5880
Consider the possibilities
Wherever I am, that's where I will be.
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2015 :  1:10:55 PM  Show Profile
Peggy...so nice to have you back on The Porch! Sounds like your Thanksgiving was Great...even though your Family
was all grieving over the death of the Nephew. So hard on the family but we all know he has been called back to
Spend Christmas with Jesus. He is well and happy now...even if everyone he left behind are in pain and sadness.
I am so happy that you all have your Faith to get you through this. I don't know how people make it without God in
times like that. Keeping you all in my prayers for comfort and peace! ~ Oh, your Christmas plans sound like such
a time wonderful way to refresh and renew your spirits. The Beach always does that for me!!! It draws me so close
to God as I see both sides of His personality there. His Mighty Strength and Power on one hand and His Gentle
calmness and comfort on the other Hand. Enjoy! Enjoy!! Enjoy!!! And when you get home...hop on The Porch and tell
us how God met you there and how wonderful the time with your hubby was. God Bless You Sweet Sister!!

Shannon...it is first come on the request of the Month. So, I have you down for Dec.

Hugs and Blessings Sweet Ones,
PeggyAnn

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2015 :  4:37:30 PM  Show Profile
Peggy, I'll take June again if that's ok.
I'm feeling better, not 100% but ok.
Oh Shannon, you do have your miseries don't you? And those poor little ones. Sure hope everybody gets over it fast. Um... what's a crèche? I know I've heard of it before, somewhere in my 'much reading.' *giggle*
Hi(other)Peggy, good to see you again. Come back more often.WOW!! 30 people at one time. Where did you hang them all?lol Amazing!
So sorry to hear about your grief. So young. That's so sad.
Good to hear that you and hubby have a vacation-Christmas planned. You need that!
Have a good evening gals!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2015 :  4:53:56 PM  Show Profile
Peggy - I am so sorry to hear about your great nephew!!! How devastating for everyone! I praise God, though, that the family was able to be together and comfort one another this Thanksgiving!

PeggyAnn - thank you!

Judy - A creche is the same as a Nativity. And yes, this has definitely been a trying valley for us!!! But God is faithful and will see us through! It mainly seems like health issues for us, which is really frustrating since we generally try to eat healthy.

Well I am quite tickled with myself... I got one of my swap items done tonight, though it is late. Now I can focus on the next one!

~ Shannon

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2015 :  01:52:05 AM  Show Profile
OK...Judy Girl got you down for June again! Hey, I was making out Christmas Cards today and that brought
me to thinking about Patsy. Where is she and how is she doing? I know the Holidays can be so hard the first
year. So, I'm praying that she will be with her kids for the Holidays or you guys. ~ Are you well now Judy?
My youngest son has pneumonia and his wife is due to have Savannah any time. I hope he will be able to be
in the Delivery room with her. He is staying home from work for the next three days on Dr.s Orders...knowing
him he will work from home...when he really needs to sleep and rest. Sadie is not going to make it until the
17th with the baby. I'm praying she makes it through this week. That is why I'm trying to get all my shopping
done and Christmas Cards etc...in case Miss Savannah Grace does decide to pop in early.

Shannon...good for you for completing a Farmgirl Swap! I was busting my buns getting two Pocket Letters done
for 2 different Swaps and I got them done and mailed out the day after Thanksgiving. Which one was right on time
and one was a week early so I felt good about that. One was for MJF and one was for another swapping group.

Well, girls I'm pooped tonight! Will be back later on tonight probably.

Hugs and Pleasant Dreams,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

Sobyn
True Blue Farmgirl

752 Posts

Sabrina
Kansas
USA
752 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2015 :  10:47:46 AM  Show Profile
Peggy, so sorry to hear about your nephew but glad you were able to have a nice hanks giving with family

Shannon, thanks for the compliment! This is the beginning of my Christmas projects, I'll try to take more pics as I go along. I'm finishing up David's crocheted "chain maillle" shirt and I already made him a crocheted hat that looks like a helmet. Also Darth Vader is done and luke is almost done (the Star Wars figures are stocking stuffers and treats for out advent calendar). Then it is on to the girls things and the dolls!

I had a scare yesterday, I have been switching all my files from the old computer to the new computer but had most of my files backed up on an external hard drive....or thought it did. The darn thing failed. I thought I lost five years of photos of my kids. Luckily I was able to find an old ISB drive that had the missing years on it! Whew Im so thankful but I had a sleepless night and then a day of digging out old cd roms and flash drives before I found them! So glad I have them still! Makes me realize two things, 1 I need to get some printed and framed and on the wall and 2 I need to clean up all my digital files and have a better back up procedure to make sure I don't loose anything!!

It is raining and cold here. We have had two snowfalls but it is all melted and is just icky now. I'm not a fan of snow but it is better than cold rain!! Otherwise we are all doing well.

Sabrina

Farmgirl Sister #3275

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2015 :  12:59:02 PM  Show Profile
Sabrina...I meant to tell you how cute I thought the Crocheting projects you were doing for your kids
turned out. You are very talented!!! And yes, please do post more pictures as you get them done.
Didn't want you to think that Shannon was your only cheer-leader here on The Porch!!! LOL

I'm also with you on the cold and the rain. I would rather have snow than that too. We had a dry week
last week with the cold...and this week it is going to be wet with the cold...and I'm dreading it.

Hugs and Smiles,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2015 :  2:08:54 PM  Show Profile
Hey Yall
It is snowing here in my neck of the woods. We let out of school early. We see what tomorrow brings. We had a nice Thanksgiving. I got to celebrate my 50th birthday with my sweet family. My grandsons were here and little Hudsyn is not so little at four months. It was pure delight.

Peggy I am going to opt out of the tea swap this year. I just need a bit of a break from some things and this one I will pass on this year. I am sure you ladies will have fun.

We put up our tree for Christmas and I went to the Peanuts movie. Loved it.

well not much else going on.
Love to you all,
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Purple Skies
http://mypurpleskies.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2015 :  3:04:20 PM  Show Profile
Oh HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY TAMMY!!! Wow...the big 50! I hope your Year Goes Much Better than mine did
at age 50. I'm praying it is Fabulous for you!!! You deserve it!!

OK...It will be sad not to have our Tea Lady Tammy in the Tea Swap but if you need a break you need a
break and I get that!

Big Bunches of Loves and Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Dec 01 2015 07:39:45 AM
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2015 :  9:50:50 PM  Show Profile
Tammy, I went to the Peanuts movie last week too. I enjoyed it. I was just starting to come down with a touch of something and I kept yawning thru-out the movie and wondering what was wrong with me. I should have known. I don't get sick too often but one of the first symptoms is excessive yawning and a feeling of suddenly being worn out.
Patsy is going to her middle son's for Christmas. Like I said before, her boys have really stepped up to the plate during her time of stress and loneliness.
Sabrina, I've always loved homemade things better than store-bought. Patsy has made me some wonderful things over the years that I cherish. I don't have that kind of talent so I appreciate hers...a lot!! I wonder how many of your toys will last and go with them thru-out their lives. Interesting thought.

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

Sobyn
True Blue Farmgirl

752 Posts

Sabrina
Kansas
USA
752 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2015 :  12:06:53 AM  Show Profile
Thanks Peggy and Judy! I have a feeling most of the things I'm making now will be loved to death! Husband said "you know he is going to PLAY with those Star Wars figures" Umm yeah that is the goal!! LOL so I'm not sure how much will be last through their lives but I hope along the way I make some hints that will.

Happy belated birthday Tammy!!! I meant to say that in my last post! Hope you had a wonderful day!

Sabrina

Farmgirl Sister #3275

Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2015 :  02:00:54 AM  Show Profile
Have you ever had one of those days where you had to do so much running around, that you do not feel like you got much, if anything, accomplished at all? Yesterday was one of those days for us! Emi and I saw the doctor at eleven yesterday morning, which means we had to leave here around 10:15. That may not seem to early, but nursin Emi takes an hour each time, if not longer with changing her bum in between, and getting the others done and fed really eats up time! Anyways, went to the appointment, to be told to keep doing what we are doing for Emi, and that I need X-rays on my foot and ankle, and to start wearing a walking boot. After that, I nursed Emi again and went and had my X-rays done. The tech was a JERK! He decided it was impossible for a stool falling on my foot to break anything, so he manipulated it terribly! I had tears rolling down my face as he messed with it. Finally he just took the pictures like he was supposed to, though it was a "waste of time" as far as he was concerned. After that we had to drop a check off to a friend for some herbs she and I jointly ordered, get gas, and then nurse Emi again. The doctor's office couldn't figure out where I could get a boot, with having the military insurance, so my hubby figured it out... So we had to head back to the doctor to get a prescription, then go to the place my hubby learned about and get fitted. That thing is awkward and heavy, but works great! After that it was time to nurse Emi again, and head home. I did manage to work on some swap things last night, but my goodness all we did was run!

All that to say.... We have to keep an eye on Emi, I am now in a walking boot, and I still have so much to do!

~ Shannon

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page