Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7446 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7446 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2015 :  09:17:47 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
I have a Question: I am a newbie to the Porch and just wondered about the length of this thread - it is soooooooo long. Is it possible to have a separate thread for each month or have you tried that and it doesn't work? It's so nice to keep up with everyone and it may be easier with less pages to have to catch up with. Just wondered.

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Farm Girl of the Month August 2015
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

"Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly . . . on a broomstick - we're flexible, like that."
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2015 :  7:19:47 PM  Show Profile
Hi Ladies,
Congrats Grandma Peggy...just beautiful

It is very cold here. Ok just plain ugly with rain freezing drizzle, sleet and very windy. Makes my butterfly wings about worn out. I have only a day and half left of school and thank goodness for that. Then two weeks off....yahoo...doing the madame butterfly dance...can you tell I am ready for some down time.

My sweet dear grandson who will be five months just got his first tooth. I can hardly wait for him to come visit next week. My sons are home from college and felt they did ok on their first finals. I am a happy mama. House is fluttering with family. Makes me happy.

well I must finish a few things for tomorrow and then this butterfly is going to bed. Excited children to teach tomorrow.
love to you all,
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Purple Skies
http://mypurpleskies.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2015 :  10:47:37 PM  Show Profile
Linda...we hit a thousand posts and they took us back to 400. So when the powers that be think it' too long then they shorten it again. That's all I. Can tell you. Once a month would be fine with me. Email Bryan at the office and suggest it.

Thanks everyone for your CONGRATS on Savannah...she is my Christmas Angel! Grandpapa is smitten too. Elijah loves her from afar. LOL She makes him nervous...he keeps waiting for her to get down and play with him.

Tired tonight another huge rain storm coming in tonight. Tired of the fatigue and pain. Suppost to dump another 3" of rain.

Tammy...hope you Enjoy your two week break from your butterflies.

Goodnight My Lovelies,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Dec 2011-Farmgirl of the Month
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

Don't allow others to steal the Glitz from your *SPARKLE*

Life is too short to knit with ugly yarn!

Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch

Edited by - LadyInRed on Dec 16 2015 10:49:47 PM
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Dec 17 2015 :  04:15:32 AM  Show Profile
TLTammy - I can only imagine how much you need the break from so many little butterflies. Family time is so essential, andd I am so glad your sons are home from college. I am sure their finals went well. Hubby finishes his courses for the semester Friday.

Peggy - how old is Elijah now? I cannot imagine any of my children admiring a baby from afar. Emi has always been "Aly's baby" ( Aly is my 2yo). But then again, we seem to always have a baby in the house.

Today I am trying to get some things done, before Brad's surgery tomorrow. My body, however, is not happy! I am exhausted and I hurt. I think it has to do with rain we will be getting later today and the cold front we are getting this weekend, starting tomorrow... We are going to be in the 60s rather than the 70s, almost 80s. If the other children are not up once I am done feeding Emi, I may go back to bed for a bit. Last night we went to the Festival of Lights... Three miles of lights sponsored by local businesses, so we got home late.. So they should sleep in.

~ Shannon

http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

kymomma4
True Blue Farmgirl

516 Posts

RoDonna
Frankfort Kentucky
USA
516 Posts

Posted - Dec 17 2015 :  6:23:55 PM  Show Profile
Good evening Porchies!!

PeggyAnn ~ Congratulations on the new grandbaby! She's a doll. I did get an email from you but it had no content in it. I wonder if it was from where your computer got messed up.

Shannon ~ I've been looking at YL. I've done the direct sales thing with Mary Kay. I'm just so busy with life I just couldn't do what I needed to do. Once the piggies showed up that was it. I like how YL works and that it's completely natural. I may look into it more.

Still so much to do before next week. My brother and SIL should be down. She got off work so they could come. My kids are so excited. They don't get to come home much. They live in Iowa.

I've been doing some simplifying. Anything that isn't needed or used gets tossed, sent to Goodwill, or is saved for a yard sale come Spring. I'm tired of all the junk. My mom is doing that too. If it can't be used for some purpose then it's not needed. No more hanging on to stuff. LOL!

Well ladies, I think I'm going to fix some tea. Any requests? I have peppermint, lemon, apple cider, and quite a few others. I made some peppermint tree bark if anybody wants a piece. Just grab ya piece while I heat some water.

Sweet dreams!

RoDonna

Farmgirl #2361
"Blessed is the farmgirl who helps make the world a better and healthy place" ~ Me

"For she is clothed with dignity and strength and without fear of the future"-Proverbs 31:25
www.pinterest.com/kymomma4
www.facebook.com/onthehomestead
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7446 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7446 Posts

Posted - Dec 17 2015 :  6:47:37 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
I haven't gotten an email with all the addresses for tea. Has it been sent yet?

WOW! RoDonna - I need to simplify, too. I am a "collector" - too much stuff for this old farmhouse. It is hard for me. I like the older things of my mothers - and it is hard to get rid of them. Maybe I need to come up with a way to display them.

I love peppermint tree bark. LOL!

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Farm Girl of the Month August 2015
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

"Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly . . . on a broomstick - we're flexible, like that."
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2015 :  07:19:56 AM  Show Profile
Porch Tea Swappers...I am still needing RoDonna's full name and Address before I can post the Tea Swap
Letter. She and I are having problems connecting. If anyone knows her info please email it to me.

I am still having computer problems but can get on every once in awhile. It is so frustrating. I could
spit nails.

Anyway, going over to help Sadie with the kids today. Both Shane and her mom are going back to work today.
So, that should be fun! I'm really tired but hopefully I can catch a nap over there this afternoon. So sick
of the rain and what it does to my body.

Shannon...Elijah s 2 1/2. He will tell you that he loves Savannah but so far only has gotten close enough
to look at her. Once he holds her on his lap I think he will be fine. My husband is kind of that way around
the Grandkids too. All of the Grandparents went to The Hospital too see the baby except my husband. I gave
him a bad time about it too. So, finally 2 days ago he was ready to go see her once she was home. So, we
stopped by and he held her and now he is smitten. But man alive it takes him awhile to even warm to the idea.
He absolutely adores Elijah but he was the same way when he was first born. So, I'm thinking Elijah is kind
of like his Grandpapa.

We are going to my Neighbors Memorial Service on Saturday...I still can't wrap my head around the fact that he
is gone. I miss him...he was fun to tease with and joke with just shoot the breeze with.

OK,I need more sleep...before I go to my sons house. More Later Girls!

Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2015 :  07:48:28 AM  Show Profile
Peggy - I sent you an email with RoDonna's information :) My hubby's grandfather was the same way as your hubby... and so is my brother! All of our children have always held their siblings the day they are born, or the day after. Maybe that is why none of them have displayed that hesitation yet. I am so glad Elijah loves her though! I have heard stories of sibling rivalry starting right after the baby is born. I cannot fathom how difficult that must be!

RoDonna - if you want more info on YL let me know.... I use the oils quite a bit, but am more about personal use opposed to selling them.... don't get me wrong - I would love the extra income, but right now my life is full enough!!!

Well today is Brad's surgery. I am getting a little anxious, but am trying not to show it too much, so I do not stress him! Your prayers are coveted!

~ Shannon

http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2015 :  4:03:25 PM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
hi gals,
Got my tea package today Mel, thanks..can't wait to try them.

Congrats on the new grandbaby PeggyAnn! She IS a cutie..

Heading for MD tomorrow morning with Grace. So glad she likes to drive. I sure don't. Will be at my son Jared's for 2 weeks, so will see the new year come in over there. So Merry Christmas dear girls and thank you all for holding me up in your thoughts and prayers. Continue to do so please. It has been up and down, roller coaster days. love you all ..hugs n squeezles

Thomas Edison: "Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." :)

Edited by - craftbug on Dec 19 2015 4:07:54 PM
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2015 :  6:48:59 PM  Show Profile
Mel...thank you so much for the Tea and Goodies. The Teas look fabulous!!! Can't wait to try them.

Love and Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2015 :  1:50:04 PM  Show Profile
I received your tea package yesterday, Mel! Thank you so much, for the cool tea selection! I think I want to try them as they are named! The enclosed treats are delightful.

Merry Christmas to all of you! DH and I will head to a friends in MN for the holiday! We delivered gifts to the kids and gkids and greats today.

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2015 :  10:08:22 AM  Show Profile
Judith...Have a safe trip and a Wonderful time with your Friends!!! Merry Christmas dear Friend!!!

My Porchies...I now have all the info for the Tea Swap...now, I just need some free time. May happen
happen this week but perhaps not until after Christmas. It is all just such a whirlwind of activity over
here. We had one Christmas Celebration all day yesterday with my son's In-Laws. It was Wonderful but so
tiring. I came home and went to bed at 9:00 and slept until 9:30 this morning. I NEVER go to bed that
early. I'm getting a lot of grandbaby time too which is Delightful!!!

OK...really need to go get somethings done. Hope you all are having a Wonderful time with Family and Friends
This Blessed Christmas Season. Take time for Jesus and a wee bit of time for yourself too...as Wives and
Mothers set the tone for The Holidays.

Merry Christmas,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2015 :  1:35:51 PM  Show Profile
Mel, I got my teas today.Thank you!I really liked your unique card too. That cute pup yours?

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"
"The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it is on my list!"
Go to Top of Page

Sobyn
True Blue Farmgirl

752 Posts

Sabrina
Kansas
USA
752 Posts

Posted - Dec 23 2015 :  10:32:57 AM  Show Profile
Hi ladiesM

I got my tea today Mel! Just in time thanks!!

I have been so busy getting ready for Christmas! I didn't get some of the crafts made. It is ok though, I'm going to give the girls the doll kits and tell them I wanted to let them help! Lol I think it will work!

I'll post pics of what I have made after Christmas. I made knight stuff for Dave and a mermaid tail for Dan and two waldorf dolls. Plus I crocheted a waldorf style star doll fir Dan. I ended up having to make up my own pattern which ice never done before. I think it turned out great! So great I am planning to make some tweaks and put the pattern in ravelry! I'll include a pic of that.

I don't call them "resolutions" but I do make plans for the year this time of year with written goals, deadlines and broken down into steps. I have big goals fir this year! It is exciting and scary! Since we are moving a year from Feb and getting sux kids and two pets moved over an ocean I am planning to not rake on any volunteer projects after May and to diligently work on replacing myself in those I do know. That will free up my summer and fall to focus on working in my goals (most have to do with writing) and prepare for our move.

Peggy-congratulations Ipoh the new grand baby!!

Shannon-I hope the surgery went well! Praying for you all.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas! I have enjoyed the Farmgiril cards I've been getting! We didn't do cards this year, maybe next year!

Sabrina

Farmgirl Sister #3275
http://kidscrunchandchrist.com

Norwex www.sabrinascheerer.norwex.biz
Usborne Books and More! https://j4070.myubam.com

Go to Top of Page

Sobyn
True Blue Farmgirl

752 Posts

Sabrina
Kansas
USA
752 Posts

Posted - Dec 23 2015 :  10:48:44 AM  Show Profile
I forgot the pic!

And here is one of the dolls....

Sabrina

Farmgirl Sister #3275
http://kidscrunchandchrist.com

Norwex www.sabrinascheerer.norwex.biz
Usborne Books and More! https://j4070.myubam.com

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Dec 23 2015 :  11:44:32 AM  Show Profile
Sabrina...Love Your Homemade Gifts! Your children will cherish them for years to come. I really LOVE the
starfish...so adorable and yes, you need to share that on Ravelry.
Hope you and yours have a Very Merry Christmas and an Exciting New Year.

Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Dec 24 2015 :  08:44:50 AM  Show Profile
Nice homemade crafts.Dave made me a manger for Christmas for my nativity set I bought at Goodwill for $6.00 last month.Would you believe that it's the first one I've ever had...'cept for one that is plastic and tells the nativity story that Mama and I got a couple of years ago at Big Lots. Mama made one when she and Daddy first got married in 1951. Patsy has it now. I got her church she made at the same time. So I'm pretty excited about this manger. It's all I asked for this year.Once it's set up I'll take a pic of it.
Merry Christmas Porchies!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Dec 24 2015 :  09:09:29 AM  Show Profile
Here's my church:

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Dec 24 2015 :  09:16:28 AM  Show Profile
Here's the plastic Nativity:

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Dec 24 2015 :  12:27:51 PM  Show Profile
Judy...I love the Church!!! Your Mama made that huh? Pretty talented. The Trees around it really
add to the affect. I like it!!! That is also a cute plastic Nativity! Can't wait to see the New Set
and Creche.

I will take pictures of mine later and post. Anyone Else????

Happy Christmas Eve!! Nothing on our schedule today but our Candle Light Service at Church at 5pm.

Jesus deserves our Love and Devotion,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Dec 24 2015 12:28:54 PM
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Dec 24 2015 :  1:58:56 PM  Show Profile
Ya, the church windows are plastic tomato baskets like we use to buy tomatoes in.She water-colored white paper to look like stain glass and covered with saran wrap.The church is just white cardboard.Clever lady.She use to have tiny bottle-brush trees but age and time dried them out. I found those wax ones at Goodwill for a dollar for the whole bag.*giggle*

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Dec 24 2015 :  4:30:13 PM  Show Profile
oh ya... and the light still works! Thank You, Mama!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

TexasWildflower
True Blue Farmgirl

206 Posts

Wanda
Hallettsville Texas
USA
206 Posts

Posted - Dec 24 2015 :  4:40:21 PM  Show Profile
Judy - So pretty, and so special!

Wanda
Farmgirl sister #3399
www.wandasturrock.com
'The Simply Lived Life' blog http://www.wandasturrock.com/website/blog/
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Dec 25 2015 :  1:09:14 PM  Show Profile
Merry Christmas
I pray your day has been wonderful and blessed.

Mel I got your tea packet thank you

blessings and love to you all
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Purple Skies
http://mypurpleskies.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Dec 26 2015 :  12:26:53 AM  Show Profile
Well My Porchies...Christmas is now officially over (20 after Midnight) but it was a
Wonderful Christmas Eve and Christmas Day!!! Our kids way over indulged us but we had a
Blessed Christmas together with the Youngest and Family. Our baby girl...Savannah Grace
was our best Gift of All! What a little Christmas Angel!!!

Hope you ALL had a Blessed Day In Celebrating Jesus with Family and Friends. This Christmas
brought a Great Sense of Peace and Contentment for Me! Even our son in jail felt so blessed
by the love of total strangers...thanks for all your cards!

Praying 2016 will have a little less Drama in it...and a lot more of Love and Peace!

Love You All Sisters,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page