Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7446 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7446 Posts

Posted - Dec 26 2015 :  07:01:27 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
Had a great Christmas! Everyone enjoyed their gifts and we had a lot of good visiting time. Ed gave me a wonderful kitchen island for Christmas and I gave him a quilt that he loved! Ed's son and his family came over Christmas Eve Day and we had dinner and bowled on Wii. Ed gave his granddaughter a new lens for her Nikon camera, and she had many photo ops around my farmstead here with it. My son and his family came over for a spaghetti lunch on Christmas Day and the grandtwins started their new Legos Star Wars sets and Greg good a great start on putting together the V8 Engine working model I got for him. He just turned 16, so wasn't sure if he'd like that, but he loved it! Then after my son's family left we went to a friend's house for dinner and a movie. A great Christmas!
Ed's quilt. The backing is a MJF fabric that went perfectly with the trucks and colors.

My new kitchen island - now to fill it! I'm going to use it for all my baking pans and a little more!

Merry Christmas, everyone!

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Farm Girl of the Month August 2015
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

"Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly . . . on a broomstick - we're flexible, like that."

Edited by - quiltee on Dec 26 2015 07:02:16 AM
Go to Top of Page

beachymom
True Blue Farmgirl

467 Posts

Kathy
Manchester Tennessee
USA
467 Posts

Posted - Dec 26 2015 :  11:25:00 AM  Show Profile
Hello sisters. I've been jumping on the porch occasionally, but hiding behind with the screen. Just been way too busy to do anything.
Christmas is over and all the craziness that goes with it. I'll be staying away from any store until after the new year. I love my family and friends, but I'm happy for that stillness after they all leave. All the dishes are done & the leftovers safely bagged & tupperwared up and tucked into fridge & freezer. Whew! All in all, it was a great time.

Hubby & I sing in our church choir and the Christmas service was wonderfully peaceful and spiritual. I hope that we can all keep Christ in our hearts all year long. I am thankful for His presence & love in my life.

I'll jump back on again now and then, just to check in.

Later sisters.

Hugs and Squishies!!

Kathy

Farmgirl Sister #3983

Take care of the land and it will take care of you.
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Dec 26 2015 :  12:09:22 PM  Show Profile
Hi Kathy. So good to see you. Glad you had a good(if tiring)Christmas!
I like your 'Hugs and Squishies!' We all need more of those.

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"
"The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it is on my list!"
Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2015 :  11:33:41 AM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
The hugs and squishies made me smile.

Got through Christmas. Being with family was great. Kept me busy and to tired to think. More family is coming tomorrow from Ohio, so present opening again for the 5 of them and we get our Christmas dinner then. Kind of like having Christmas s p r e a d out all month. Almost as good as a birthday.

To warm though.. great on heating cost, but sure doesn't do much like snow would have..

Enjoyed all comments and pics.

We are getting ready for pork and kraut and spareribs for New Year's Eve. Going to have cheese/trail bologna/cracker trays, cookies n other goodies to munch on til midnight when we eat the kraut with mashed taters. (sorry mama..love to say that) Playing games to pass the time. What you all doing for New Year's?

Thomas Edison: "Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." :)
Go to Top of Page

TexasWildflower
True Blue Farmgirl

206 Posts

Wanda
Hallettsville Texas
USA
206 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2015 :  11:53:28 AM  Show Profile
It sounds like you all had wonderful times for Christmas. When it comes to gift giving and decorations, mine can't compare. But God blessed me so, it just makes me cry. My three kids and I met and had Christmas dinner together...all three, for the first time in many years! Thank you dear Lord. What a blessing.

Wanda
Farmgirl sister #3399
www.wandasturrock.com
'The Simply Lived Life' blog http://www.wandasturrock.com/website/blog/
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2015 :  4:47:59 PM  Show Profile
I posted right after Linda Olivera's post and I see that it flew into Cyber Space...

Linda...love the Quilt you gave your man! That is beautiful! And your new Center Island is so
nice too! They are awesome if you have a big enough kitchen for one.

Kathy...I hear you girl...when it comes to family and friends they make for great Memories and Fun
but a few quiet days is a blessing to the heart and soul also. It has rained here for the last two days
and my Fibro has kept me in the house...but I needed the down time. My husband has slept most of the
day and I have just done relaxing things. Just put a roast in the oven with veggies and now I am
watching football and getting caught up on MJF and Facebook. After reading your comment about Christ in
our lives all year long...I have to share something I read this morning that gave Christmas a new perspective.
We always say "Jesus is the Reason for the Season" well contemplate this..."Actually YOU were the reason for
Christmas!" ~ love God I love that!!! So, true huh? I have been
meditating on that statement all day long.

Hi Judy...where is the picture of your new Nativity Creche (Stable)??? We want to see!!! (+:

Patsy...sounds like you have been keeping really busy with Family & Friends. You may feel numbness but
it is probably a really good thing that they are keeping you busy! Your New Years sounds like fun! I will
probably be babysitting as that is my Youngest Son and DIL's Anniversary. I think it will take both Grandma's
this year with two little ones. One grandma will be holding Savannah the whole time...I'm sure! LOL

Wanda...what a Wonderful Christmas having all three of your kids with you for Dinner. The Best Gifts are the
ones that don't come in a box with ribbons on them. I'm so Happy for you! That was such a blessings to a
Mother's Heart I'm sure!!!

OK My Porchies...yes, I know I still need to get the Tea List Out to you and I will. I'm just slowwwwwwwwww! lol

Hugs and More Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Dec 2011-Farmgirl of the Month
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

Don't allow others to steal the Glitz from your *SPARKLE*

Life is too short to knit with ugly yarn!

Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch

Edited by - LadyInRed on Dec 27 2015 4:50:58 PM
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7446 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7446 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2015 :  6:04:02 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
Thanks, PeggyAnn - My island is nice - need to figure out what to put where in the drawers and on the shelves. My kitchen is NOT big, and I think the island is a bit too large, but I will try to get used to it. We did not add the spics rack on one end and the towel rack on the other because then I would NOT have been able to get around it. LOL!

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

"Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly . . . on a broomstick - we're flexible, like that."
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2015 :  6:40:34 PM  Show Profile
Hi guys. I have been popping on reading, but just have not had the umph to write... I guess I Amin a bit of a funk! I know I am blessed without a doubt... But right now I am feeling terribly lonely. My life exists within the walls of this house. Emi is still at a stage where taking her out is a trial... She still nurses frequently, yet horribly in public. Church is hit or miss for us, but I often am in the nursery with her. All of this wouldn't be so bad, except I miss large celebrations for Christmas. Thanksgiving was difficult, but Christmas was really quiet! I tried talking with my extended family on the phone, but they were all too busy celebrating with those that lived closer. Both of my sisters celebrate with their hubby's families on Christmas Day, and my youngest brother with his wife's family. My other brother and I are not close, though he was working anyways. And my parents were celebrating with friends. Hopefully next year will be better!

Anyways, been trying to work on some goals for the upcoming year. Anyone else?

~ Shannon

http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2015 :  10:02:36 AM  Show Profile
Shannon...so sorry that you are in a Blue Funk. I had those when my kids were young too...I think every Mother
does at one time or another. I know what you mean about missing the Large Church Christmas Celebration. That was
one of the Highlights of our Christmas this year...we made it to the Candle Light Service Christmas Eve. It just
sets your heart in the right perspective...for Christmas. Just remember that the baby won't be a baby forever
and you will soon get beyond all this...and it will get back to "Normal". Do you go through postpartum depression
with your babies? That would be something to look into if you haven't addressed that already...with your doctor.
Hang in there girl..."This too shall pass!" I just prayed for you and will continue to do so.

More Later My Porchies,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2015 :  11:38:26 AM  Show Profile
Hello porchies,
I have been enjoying my time off. We had a nice Christmas with family. Saw my grandsons...the little one is sporting two teeth at five months and is so darn cute. Can I just say he has his grandma wrapped around his finger. Did not get to see the granddaughters they couldn't make it but did visit with them on the phone.

Today it is snowing and so I am enjoying just being inside with a quiet house. Later this week I will take down tree and things and organize before going back to school on the 4th.

It sounds as though all have had a nice Christmas.
Shannon I am praying for you dear one. Hang in there. Hang in there.

well I am off to finish up some laundry and then enjoy a cup of tea.
love and blessings,
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Purple Skies
http://mypurpleskies.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

prichmond9
True Blue Farmgirl

54 Posts

Peggy
Pelham Tennessee
USA
54 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2015 :  1:36:13 PM  Show Profile
Good rainy afternoon from my porch here in Pelham, Tennessee. The cats have found places behind the rockers on the porch to cuddle while the rain just seems to be socked in around us for awhile. The lights still shine on the dinner bell pole out front and adds a bit of cheer to an otherwise dreary sort of day. We returned last evening from our Christmas week trip to Myrtle Beach, SC. Christmas Eve and day was filled with long walks along the beach front, people watching and kites flying, children playing in the surf, horse back riding and general beach games of volley ball and football. Our Christmas dinner was at a Calabash buffet where we succeeded in eating the seven fishes tradition twice over! This trip was our gift of time that my husband and I decided to give each other. We had long talks into the night and early morning chats with coffee on the balcony as well as those beach walks. It truly breathed refreshment to our souls. As we look forward to the new year, we are setting goals to further improve our fitness and health levels. This is the year to set the standard that we make habits to sustain us the rest of our lives to be the best we can be. Wishing you all the very best in your lives wherever you find yourselves;productive, happy new year!! Psalm 67 God be merciful to us and bless us, And cause his face to shine upon us...

Farm girl #5880
Consider the possibilities
Wherever I am, that's where I will be.

Edited by - prichmond9 on Dec 28 2015 1:37:11 PM
Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

2994 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
2994 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2015 :  10:27:27 AM  Show Profile
Just have a minute - things are still crazy here. I wanted to wish everyone a wonderful new year and I hope it's filled with many blessings for each and every one of you.

What kind of resolutions/goals are you making? This year I want to slow down and take a little more me and hubby time and I'm going to try and run 1,000 miles.
Hopefully next week I can get a few more minutes to fill you all in on the details of my crazy life :) Right now I have to make an apple torte for tonight. I left some warm cookies for everyone to enjoy.

Hugs to all!

~Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701
September 2014 Farmgirl of the Month
http://nndairy.blogspot.com/

"The purpose of life is to enjoy every moment" - Yogi teabag
Go to Top of Page

TexasWildflower
True Blue Farmgirl

206 Posts

Wanda
Hallettsville Texas
USA
206 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2015 :  10:49:48 AM  Show Profile
Heather - Thanks for the cookies. Warm is the best kind! They reminded me of one of my cookie recipes I can't locate. It's made with dehydrated potato flakes. Does anybody have that one?

My goal this coming year is to get my roof fixed and publish my second book.

Wanda
Farmgirl sister #3399
www.wandasturrock.com
'The Simply Lived Life' blog http://www.wandasturrock.com/website/blog/
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7446 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7446 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2015 :  10:59:46 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
MMMMMMMMMMMMM! I love warm gooey cookies. Thanks, Heather.

Happy New Year, all! If you knit, crochet or quilt, please check out the Temperature Blanket and 2016 Temperatur Quilt threads in the Stitching Room. We'd love to have you join in with us.

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2015 :  1:30:22 PM  Show Profile
HAPPY NEW YEAR MY PORCHIES...

I have been out of bed one hour and I'm already tired. We have had our first 2 days with no rain in a Month.
We had well over 15 inches of rain in December alone. More than we usually have for an entire year. My Fibro
and Chronic Fatigue have been over the roof. So, please bare with me on the Tea List. Since I do January you
all should be fine until I feel up to getting the list put together. I'm trying to pace myself and not stress
over things on my To Do List. It will all happen and fall together in due time.

Heather...thanks for the warm cookies!!! So yummy! Can't wait to hear about what is going on in your life.
Running a 1,000 miles in 2016 is a good healthy goal. I will cheer you on!!!

I went out yesterday to take the dog for a walk as it was our first sunny day in a month. Very cold however.
The first thing I did was slip on black ice and land on my Keister! Good thing I have lots of padding...I
didn't break anything...just pulled a few muscles. My dog stopped as soon as his leash went slack and he
just stood there the whole time looking at me like, "Gee, Mom what are you doing down there?" I had to pull
myself to my knees and gently slide over to a bush where I could get off the black ice and pull myself up.
Gone are the days of just bouncing back up. LOL

Linda...can't commit to anything these days but I will go over and check out what you all are doing.
I have never heard of a Temperature Blanket. You have me intrigued.

Ok...going to go rest for awhile longer. We are doing nothing for New Years Eve. Not even watching the
Grandkids tonight. Tomorrow we are going to go try to See Daniel at the Sheridan Prison Camp. Not looking
forward to the ordeal but looking forward to being able to see him and hug him once again.

Love and Blessed New Years To You All,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2015 :  1:43:51 PM  Show Profile
Happy New Years! Hope everybody had a great Christmas. Sorry I haven't been in through the holidays. I had surgery Monday and I'm recovering well. Only occasional cramping but there's a feeling of heaviness that seems to be pulling my energy down. I felt great the day after and of course tried to do too much lol My sleep cycle is totally out of wack now so I need to try to get that back to normal so I'm not exhausted all day.

Mel - I got my teas! Thank you! Just finished munching on the candies. I'd seen an ad for the teas and thought they'd be great to try but of course nothing around here had them.

We took the tree down yesterday. Stupid cats peed on the skirt so we had to toss it. I was ready to wring their necks. Went out for lunch so I could get out of the house. We went to Salvation Army too and scored on books. They were marking them down to 10c a piece! Matt came home with a huge bag full and I grabbed several. After we got back from our outing I was told to get in my chair and stay so I started knitting a pair of socks :O)

Well I wanted to jump on and wish everybody a wonderful New Year's Eve. I'm supposed to be sitting and cleaning off my desk. Hopefully I'll get it done :O)

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://ndprairiegypsy.blogspot.com/
Etsy: PrairieGypsyCrafts
Jamestown, ND
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7446 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7446 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2015 :  3:09:30 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
Has the 2016 Tea list of names/addresses been sent yet? Think I know what tea I'm getting for February.

Oops! Just saw your email Peggy. I'll just wait for the list. Thanks!

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

Edited by - quiltee on Dec 31 2015 3:11:58 PM
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2015 :  3:28:34 PM  Show Profile
Leave it to you Peggy Ann to go out with a =BANG= for the old year! lol Get well soon! That's an order!heehee
Yum... loving the cookies.Thanks Heather!
Hubby is working as usual for all of New Years so I'm 'HomeAlone'as usual. I'll probably go out tomorrow and eat somewhere.
Pretty cold and damp here. Sprinkling. 32 right now at 6:30.
Happy New Year Porch-Buds!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

Kirksmom71
True Blue Farmgirl

873 Posts

Mel
Dallas Texas
USA
873 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2015 :  4:13:36 PM  Show Profile
Wishing all my Porchies a sweet, prosperous and successful New Year!!!!!!!

Thanx Heather, the cookies are a welcome treat. Looking forward to your catch-up post! :)

Glad everyone seems to have received their tea.

Don't stress on the Tea list Miss Peggy, we know you will get it done.

My best to all,
Mel
https://www.etsy.com/shop/KirksmomsKottage
http://www.pinterest.com/kirksmom71/
Sassy City Girl with Farmgirl Fantasies!
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7446 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7446 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2015 :  4:37:12 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
Thanks, Mel!

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2016 :  10:50:59 AM  Show Profile
Judy...don't know that I went out with a =BANG= for the Old Year...it was more of a =THUD= LOL

My husband found out that visitation at the Prison on Holidays is a ZOO...so we are going to wait
until the middle of next week some time on what we hope will be a slower day. I was Happy when he
told me this earlier this morning. I wish I never had to step into a prison again...but hey, you
do what you have to do because you Love someone. But I don't do rules well...I always seem to
color outside the lines and get into trouble somehow. But now maybe they will just chalk it up to
Old Age. Ha Ha!! If you hear about a 64 year old woman being thrown in the pokey for taking pictures
you will know I have added you all to my visitor list! LOL

Happy New Year My Porchies!!!!

Hugs and Smiles,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2016 :  11:01:55 AM  Show Profile
hahahaha..Peg...you are a hoot! BUT...ahem...I will be watching the news for your name!!!rofl

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2016 :  11:29:52 AM  Show Profile
Happy New Year ladies,
Peggy so sorry you took a fall. That is not fun. I will pray that your visit will go well with Daniel.

I go back to school Monday. I am really not ready. I like having my time off..hahahahah but hi ho back I will go. It will take me two weeks to get my butterflies back in order. They will need that to just catch up with each other..hahahahah

I have enjoyed these past few weeks though. I have been cross stitching, read three books, deep cleaned my house, enjoyed my family to pieces, and even got my eyes checked. Should have my new glasses this week. My bible study picks up this week again. Have missed those gals. Other than that I am just letting my madam butterfly wings have fun.

well just wanted to check in and say hello. I would hate for Peggy to call the posse so early in the year..hahahahahhaha

love to you all,
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Purple Skies
http://mypurpleskies.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

kymomma4
True Blue Farmgirl

516 Posts

RoDonna
Frankfort Kentucky
USA
516 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2016 :  6:36:14 PM  Show Profile
Now that I've played catch up.....How is everyone? I see that it's been quiet for a day or so on the porch. I have all the Christmas decorations down on the inside of the house and it still looks like a tornado went through. The joys of kids and new things though. :)

Winter decided to tease me yesterday. It snowed for like five minutes and then quit. I've been waiting on snow for a while. It seems like there's an invisible wall just outside Kansas and goes up and around Kentucky. Aw well I'm sure that it will snow when the Lord wants it to.

For Christmas my mother got me new mugs, cookies, and a supply of a variety of tea. I believe that there's 80 tea bags in all. I'm working on trying them all. So far, I've had the English Breakfast tea and the Lemon Honey Green tea. Very good. I'm going to have to get a special basket or container to keep all the tea that I get. The best part of winter!!

Peggy Ann~ I hope that you are feeling better. That black ice will get you every time. Be careful out there. I hope that you visit with Daniel goes well. I will be thinking of you and praying. Be good. LOL!

I hope that everyone's New Year has started off well. I don't make resolutions anymore. I just break them anyway. So I've set a goal of totally decluttering the house and throwing stuff out. I'm also determined to lose this weight and maybe do a 5k. What's everyone's goals for the year?

RoDonna

Farmgirl #2361
"Blessed is the farmgirl who helps make the world a better and healthy place" ~ Me

"For she is clothed with dignity and strength and without fear of the future"-Proverbs 31:25
www.pinterest.com/kymomma4
www.facebook.com/onthehomestead
Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2016 :  8:38:30 PM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
Happier New Year, porchies! I don't do resolutions but throwing stuff out is up my alley.

PG Tammy said she had just finished munching on her candies from her tea packet and a light went on in my head! I had put mine away til I got back from Maryland..now..just found them and munching away too. Man, those are good Mel. Thank you, very tasty and such cute shapes. Took my teas with me with the intention of enjoying them at Jared's. Got one down and after receiving so many varieties as gifts while there, I brought the other one home with me to enjoy at a later date.

I baked my lil heart out at Jared's for an appreciative bunch. 12 pumpkin pies and dozens of cookies and candies disappeared in 2 weeks. Made my mama heart proud to be able to give the best gift of all... myself!

Thomas Edison: "Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." :)
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page