Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

JudyT
True Blue Farmgirl

196 Posts

Judy
Southwest Wisconsin
USA
196 Posts

Posted - May 22 2010 :  05:51:41 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning to you all. What a neat spot here to visit. On my front porch looking out it's cloudy and it looks like rain today. I hope you all have a wonderful day today.

Judy~Farmgirl Sister #599
I was born a city girl, but I'm a "farmgirl" at heart, sharing my life at...http://dailyyarnsnmore.com
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - May 22 2010 :  2:14:18 PM  Show Profile
I haven't been here in a few days and I missed it. I've been makin jelly and havin farmers market meetings and plantin in our new spot at the community garden. Thats a new experience for me. I was a little overwhelmed at everyone stoppin by to see what I was pantin and chat. I've always gardened at home where it's a solo project. I had people offerin to help and exchangin phone #s so we can meet up at the garden, wow, it was different! We had a 5 gallon bucket of seed potato given to us and needed somewhere to plant them, the community garden seemed a good place to turn. Now I have about 5 x 10 feet to plan out for seed! I love this so much! I'm totin all my books and boxes of extra seed out here to plan. Grab a book and offer up suggestions Girls! I'm feelin a little overwhelmed with 2 gardens and an herb bed this year. So much new stuff! Fun!

Farmgirl Sister #1438

God - Gardening - Family - Is anything else important?
Go to Top of Page

Rxgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

216 Posts

Dana
Id
USA
216 Posts

Posted - May 22 2010 :  4:07:06 PM  Show Profile
It's been snowing off and on here since last night. I can't believe it's almost June and still snowing. My poor seedlings are sitting on my kitchen table just begging to be planted outside but we're supposed to have rain/snow and cold weather for the next week!

"He who throws mud only loses ground"-Fat Albert
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - May 22 2010 :  5:55:39 PM  Show Profile
Dana, I'm so sorry that it's snowing! It was gorgeous here! I had a track meet earlier, and I'm beat! I had to run a cross-country mile on mostly grass, and it was so humid, but I finished! I may have been last, but at least I finished. I hope everybody's day went well!
God's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.
Go to Top of Page

Rxgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

216 Posts

Dana
Id
USA
216 Posts

Posted - May 22 2010 :  9:48:37 PM  Show Profile
Thanks for the sympathy Megan, I think I'm a little jealous of your day! :-)

Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - May 23 2010 :  07:59:43 AM  Show Profile
I do rememeber though, when it almost frosted a few weeks ago. But I hope the weather stays well! This Thursday my class will be up in Wisonsin Dells (Waterpark Capital of the World) at Mount Olympus for our 8th grade fun class trip.
God's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - May 23 2010 :  10:06:30 PM  Show Profile
Dana...we have a lot of "MUD" here that we could throw! Hee-hee! In fact I am so wanting it to dry out and give us some sunshine. We have half a day forecast for dry weather this week! Tomorrow! But rain starts again tomorrow night. I am beginning to feel like maybe I should start building my own Ark! LOL
I'm so glad you Porch Girls are here to whine to. Anybody bring any good treats to share tonight??? I made some Strawberry-Shortcake if you're interested. And how about a cup of coffee to go with it?
Blessings,
~peggy

Lady In Red
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - May 23 2010 :  10:21:59 PM  Show Profile
I have rose jelly shinin pretty on my table! 20 jars! I love rose jelly. I have never tried it, but it is now my favorite! I am supposed to take 1 jar to my mom for the rose petals and the rest is for the farmers market. I have 1 jar that is partial, so it's mine, and 1 jar doesn't fit in the boxes so I'm not gonna wrap it up in a towel to haul over there. That makes 1 and 1 almost full jar just for eating here! Grab some bread and have some. It's amazing!

Farmgirl Sister #1438

God - Gardening - Family - Is anything else important?
Go to Top of Page

JudyT
True Blue Farmgirl

196 Posts

Judy
Southwest Wisconsin
USA
196 Posts

Posted - May 24 2010 :  08:43:36 AM  Show Profile
Hot and muggy sitting here sipping on a tall glass of ice water. It's going to be in the 80's. Snow sounds good right about now.

I was born a city girl, but I'm a "farmgirl" at heart, sharing my life at...http://dailyyarnsnmore.com
Go to Top of Page

Rxgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

216 Posts

Dana
Id
USA
216 Posts

Posted - May 24 2010 :  09:12:33 AM  Show Profile
Lol! I could go for a little hot and muggy at this point. We may make it into the 50's today. Positive side to the bad weather is my house gets a little cleaner since me and the little ones are pretty much stuck inside. Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - May 24 2010 :  3:39:13 PM  Show Profile
Hot and muggy today! Got into the 80's earlier! I remember when my friends and I were complaining that it was too cold, and today we were sweating like pigs!
God's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - May 24 2010 :  4:25:41 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
It was cool and sunny today. Now it looks like it is going to rain. :(
Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Just a small town country girl trying to live her dreams. :)
Go to Top of Page

amomfly
True Blue Farmgirl

658 Posts

Angie
LaGrange IN
USA
658 Posts

Posted - May 24 2010 :  5:08:23 PM  Show Profile
So hot here, my chickens are staying in the barn!!!
Sipping on cool Sun Tea, and enjoying the view!
Stay cool!

God Bless
Angie-amomfly
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - May 25 2010 :  09:53:30 AM  Show Profile
We had a storm last night so just came in from cleaning up the yard. It is much cooler and less windy today. So I am having a cup of tea and just enjoying the day.

hugs
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

http://breathsoffaith.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

monicarose
True Blue Farmgirl

406 Posts

Monica
Florida
USA
406 Posts

Posted - May 25 2010 :  12:15:54 PM  Show Profile
Rose Jelly, how exciting......wish we could see it! Just dropped in for a minute to chat with you all ....have lots to accomplish today, but I wanted you all to be mindful of working and sunbathing out in that sunshine......yes, it's nice, but I just got back from the Dermatologist, and had to have a spot right under my eye frozen...and now, I have to be very careful out there...it was precancerous...the only reason I'm sharing this with you, is.......if you've never had a full body check for skin cancer, it isn't a bad idea...I had no idea the moles they checked were anything to worry about..I've had them my whole life....they were more concerned about them than the spot on my face. Just beware and don't take your beautiful skin for granted!

Living for today! aka: Paper Rose
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - May 25 2010 :  3:32:19 PM  Show Profile
Hi girls! Don't have a lot of time to sit! Have track practice, so I hope you girls had a good day and enjoy your evening!
God's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

Go to Top of Page

Rxgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

216 Posts

Dana
Id
USA
216 Posts

Posted - May 25 2010 :  5:26:19 PM  Show Profile
Megan-I'm trying to get out for a run tomorrow! Enjoy practice!
Angela-looked up a rose jelly receipe because that sounds so yummy...gonna have to try it as soon as my roses start blooming...if good weather ever comes to visit us here
Monica-glad to hear your dr visit went well overall. It's amazing how little we worry about how damaging the sun is when we are young!

Edited by - Rxgirl on May 25 2010 5:28:28 PM
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - May 25 2010 :  6:09:40 PM  Show Profile
Dana, we did a distance/endurance running workout tonight! We had to do a combination of running, jogging, and walking for fifteen minutes! It was not that bad though! I had a good time.
God's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

Go to Top of Page

mscountrygirl
True Blue Farmgirl

552 Posts

Michelle
Lucedale Mississippi
USA
552 Posts

Posted - May 25 2010 :  6:54:27 PM  Show Profile
I can't to any running but I sprinted after some chicks being persued by my Jack Russels. It's raining tonight so I am watching the lightening from my virtual porch tonight. I found a great new licorice at the produce store, it's watermelon!

It's all good!

http://mscountrygirl.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Rxgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

216 Posts

Dana
Id
USA
216 Posts

Posted - May 25 2010 :  8:48:15 PM  Show Profile
lol michelle!

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - May 26 2010 :  12:10:16 AM  Show Profile
Michelle...all of us girls on the porch are watching you sprint after your Jack Russels, who are chasing the chicks. LOL Not only do we get good conversation on the porch, great food & drinks but now we have hysterical entertainment (comic-relief) too! I think a couple of us just fell off the porch swing!

Blessings,
~peggy

Lady In Red
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - May 26 2010 :  04:47:02 AM  Show Profile
Mmmmm Michelle, watermelon licorice sounds good! Sitting in the sunshine today, again!
God's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

Go to Top of Page

wellswillow
True Blue Farmgirl

159 Posts

Marcie
Branchport New York
USA
159 Posts

Posted - May 26 2010 :  04:51:41 AM  Show Profile
We are having summer weather, expect to hit 90 today. It has been pretty hot for the last few days. Hopefully it will cool off a bit for the weekend.

We have been putting our ducklings outdoors everyday now. They love it and will be in their little pool--baby pool---until they have it deep enough to really swim. Then a house by the pond.

Our hens have beeen getting into my newest flower garden, so I have put a little fence around it. They think it is their place for a dust bath----no, no, no ladies.

I have some sun tea ready, just what we need to keep us hydrated today. I have some brownies to share, too.

Have a great day!!
Marcie

I enjoy chatting with my friends.

Sisterhood Member 1114
Go to Top of Page

JudyT
True Blue Farmgirl

196 Posts

Judy
Southwest Wisconsin
USA
196 Posts

Posted - May 26 2010 :  05:48:19 AM  Show Profile
I sure would have fell off my rocker over here from laughing but It's so hot I'm sticking to it. I'll have a glass you that sun tea and a brownie they sound good.

Go to Top of Page

Rxgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

216 Posts

Dana
Id
USA
216 Posts

Posted - May 26 2010 :  09:34:11 AM  Show Profile
Another drizzly, rainy day. Time for some tea and reading books to my almost 3 year old while the baby naps. A nice start to the day, I must say
Hope everyone has a beautiful day!
Dana

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page