Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

simplefancies
True Blue Farmgirl

117 Posts

Tami Lynn
Longview WA
USA
117 Posts

Posted - May 26 2010 :  2:25:23 PM  Show Profile
Afternoon ladies.
It's another dreary, rainy, sometimes down right pouring, day. I've finished school with the kiddos and most everything is done including dinner. Toasted quinoa salad. Anyone want to join us this evening? Thought I'd stop by the porch while drinking a cup of chai coffee and see if anyone wants to join me in a bit of a sewing bee? It's time to get cracking. I had hoped to have new jammies sewn up for the kids before camping Friday but I fear the only way that will happen is if I neglect the house for the rest of the day and all of tomorrow. I dislike that so most likely there will be no new, warm, footed jammies for "glamping".
Sigh. So glad this is covered porch.

www.theporcelaindesk.blogspot.com
1 Tim. 6:8 But if we have food and shelter, we will be satisfied with that.
Go to Top of Page

Rxgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

216 Posts

Dana
Id
USA
216 Posts

Posted - May 26 2010 :  3:24:41 PM  Show Profile
I'm so excited!!!Warm weather is on it's way! A few more days and I'll be able to join you ladies out on the porch instead of inside watching the rain/snow come down :-)
Dana

"He who throws mud only loses ground"-Fat Albert
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - May 26 2010 :  7:37:47 PM  Show Profile
Tomorrow is finally our trip to the water park! So excited! Tell you all about it tomorrow!
God's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - May 26 2010 :  9:13:20 PM  Show Profile
Megan...we have our own water park here in Washington
State. It is called "Mother Nature" or The Good Lord.

Your water park experience will be more fun because you are
going to get wet...you get a choice. LOL

blessings,
~peggy

Lady In Red
Go to Top of Page

wellswillow
True Blue Farmgirl

159 Posts

Marcie
Branchport New York
USA
159 Posts

Posted - May 27 2010 :  06:58:26 AM  Show Profile
Good morning all! I'm making more suntea as we chat. I've also got some chicken cooking for a light chicken salad to have on the deck. You are welcome to join us.

I've got to get the housework done, so we can work on our new water element by the little patio. We are filling in a small pond that has a leak. We have tried for two years now to fix the leak, so will just fill it in and put a cascading founain there. It is in the upper shade garden.

Rest time over, talk to you later.
Marcie

I enjoy chatting with my friends.

Sisterhood Member 1114
Go to Top of Page

Rxgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

216 Posts

Dana
Id
USA
216 Posts

Posted - May 27 2010 :  07:40:17 AM  Show Profile
Woke up to a little rain on the ground and snow on the mountains. Looks amazing and smells even better. Looking forward to a day off with hubby so no porch sitting today (at least not until this evening)
Have a lovely day ladies!
Dana

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - May 27 2010 :  1:57:46 PM  Show Profile
Hey girls how about a cup of Starbucks Italian Roast? For those of you enduring hot weather that probably doesn't even sound good but those of us up here in the NW are still having either overcast weather or rain and thunder showers today. I just looked down at my devotional calendar on my desk and I am not pulling your leg...it says:"The Lord will open the heavens..." He sure has been around here.
Well, I am off to teach a Bible Study Class...hope to join you back here tonight for a little more chat and rest and relaxation for a few minutes. You All Have A Fabulous Day despite your weather or your circumstances!

Blessings,
~peggy

Lady In Red
Go to Top of Page

simplefancies
True Blue Farmgirl

117 Posts

Tami Lynn
Longview WA
USA
117 Posts

Posted - May 27 2010 :  2:17:02 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Peggy.
I'd love a cup. It sure is just plain cool eh? I haven't put the garden in yet due to the unknown future of whether or not we're relocating to TN. I've been worried about not having the garden in but truth be told, it's still too cool for crops like tomatoes. I talked with a lady from church 2 nights ago and they've replanted toms 2x!

www.theporcelaindesk.blogspot.com
1 Tim. 6:8 But if we have food and shelter, we will be satisfied with that.
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - May 27 2010 :  6:16:29 PM  Show Profile
It has been a lovely day here. I am getting ready to plant some things hopefully this weekend. I can play in the dirt. But for now I am content to sit with you lovely ladies and sip a cup of tea.

hugs
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

http://breathsoffaith.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

debtea2
True Blue Farmgirl

1853 Posts

deborah
nutley nj
USA
1853 Posts

Posted - May 27 2010 :  6:24:07 PM  Show Profile
peggy ann sounds good to me its very cool here today and i love starbucks
deborah

http://jerseyfarmgirl.blogspot.com/
inch by inch we find our way
jersey farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - May 27 2010 :  6:38:46 PM  Show Profile
Peggy, that coffee sounds good! I had such a good time today! My friends used positive peer pressure to get me to go on the biggest roller coaster in the park, the Hades! It was almsot like going there and back! It was so much fun, though, and I would have definitely regretted it if I had not gone on. I also did a little swimming, but mostly just go-kart riding:) I hope you ladies had good days!
God's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - May 27 2010 :  6:53:27 PM  Show Profile
I spent the day goin around talkin to people gettin ready for the farmers market next week. It was my birthday today and I got a great dinner. We had fried ham, eggs, buiscuts, and dried beef gravy. It was great. I even had rose jelly with my biuscuts. Then it rained most of the evening, so it's cool for sleeping and I don't have to water the garden. It's been nice.

Farmgirl Sister #1438

God - Gardening - Family - Is anything else important?
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - May 27 2010 :  6:56:00 PM  Show Profile
Happy Birthday Angela! That dinner sounds so good! I had McDonald's for dinner on our way back from the water park:) I'm glad that you had a good birthday!
God's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - May 27 2010 :  8:50:48 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Happy Birthday Angela!!
Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Just a small town country girl trying to live her dreams. :)
Go to Top of Page

Rxgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

216 Posts

Dana
Id
USA
216 Posts

Posted - May 27 2010 :  10:02:24 PM  Show Profile
Happy birthday!
Dana

Go to Top of Page

monicarose
True Blue Farmgirl

406 Posts

Monica
Florida
USA
406 Posts

Posted - May 28 2010 :  9:09:56 PM  Show Profile
Hi Ladies,
my husband and I were laughing this morning at my garden(herbs are in a different garden container) because it's just 4 plants, but it's growing like a weed...the squash and tomatoes are growing by the minute...I put those wire cages around and it's already up to the second wire section...in a couple days it will be to the top, no kidding! But this afternoon, we had the biggest thunder & lightening storm, and the rains pounded down and it lasted and lasted......not good, I'm afraid to go out and check them out...it was dark and I didn't get back out there before it was too dark to see, so it will have to wait til morning...but it couldn't have been good...those poor babies! That's why people don't grow gardens in the summer in Florida....I thought I'd attempt it anyway! It's all an adventure!

Living for today! aka: Paper Rose
Go to Top of Page

monicarose
True Blue Farmgirl

406 Posts

Monica
Florida
USA
406 Posts

Posted - May 28 2010 :  9:13:23 PM  Show Profile
Happy Birthday natesgirl! I haven't been on here for a couple days so I missed that earlier...but I hope you have a year of awesome blessings!

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - May 29 2010 :  01:08:40 AM  Show Profile
Monica...they will probably be fine, they sound like good hearty plants...they'll bounce back even if they got a bit water-logged today. You'll probably have warm sunshine tomorrow and it cures all woes!

Megan...hey, sassy city girl, my friends, family, the President...nobody could talk me in to going on a ginormous roller-coaster. No WAY! No how! But since you gave in to them...I am REALLY GLAD YOU LIKED IT!

BLESSINGS,
~peggy

Lady In Red
Go to Top of Page

wellswillow
True Blue Farmgirl

159 Posts

Marcie
Branchport New York
USA
159 Posts

Posted - May 29 2010 :  04:40:39 AM  Show Profile
Good morning all! It is a sunny bright day with expectation of hitting 80. Have some gardening to do this morning before it gets too hot. Maybe even take in a couple of yard sales.

Have a great Memorial Day weekend!!! Enjoy firends and family!!
Marcie

I enjoy chatting with my friends.

Sisterhood Member 1114
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - May 29 2010 :  10:29:02 AM  Show Profile
Well. Tomorrow is my dd birthday. Thank you Girls for the happy birthdays! I'm trying to get ready for my little girls party and my Hubby called me to tell me he wrecked his motorcycle. I have him home now, but boy you talk about stressed out! I'm shaking and expecting a house full of people in a little bit. I needed a sit on the porch to settle my stomach and nerves. I guess everyone will have to help me cook and set up when they get here. I need tea. :(

Farmgirl Sister #1438

God - Gardening - Family - Is anything else important?
Go to Top of Page

Rxgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

216 Posts

Dana
Id
USA
216 Posts

Posted - May 29 2010 :  10:48:10 AM  Show Profile
Goodness, I hope hubby is ok!!! Best wishes going your way and take a few deep breaths to try and calm down :-)
Dana

Go to Top of Page

monicarose
True Blue Farmgirl

406 Posts

Monica
Florida
USA
406 Posts

Posted - May 29 2010 :  2:10:42 PM  Show Profile
Oh Natesgirl, hope all is well with your dh and nerves! Yes, a good cup of tea always seems to help! Hope you have a great time with your company and forgot all your troubles! Glad hubby is home!

Thanks Pegsmiles...the garden is fine, It shot up 2"...no kidding!
Everyone enjoy their Memorial Day Weekend!

Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - May 29 2010 :  6:54:18 PM  Show Profile
Angela, I'll pray for your husband, and Happy Birthday to your dd! Today was my last track meet ever at my school:( It was kind of a bittersweet day. This week will definitely be bittersweet. Graduation is less than a week away!
God's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

Go to Top of Page

laura5sons
Farmgirl in Training

13 Posts

laura
leetonia ohio
USA
13 Posts

Posted - May 30 2010 :  3:41:52 PM  Show Profile
I'm new to the porch, ok if I leave on my boots? Trust me, on is better than off...lol. Glad to bring a dozen or so of fresh eggs to swap for a glass of homemade lemonade.

"Cinch It Tightly"
Go to Top of Page

reereebee
True Blue Farmgirl

142 Posts

Marie
Clark WY
USA
142 Posts

Posted - May 30 2010 :  3:48:46 PM  Show Profile
I'm new to the porch, too. Boots are welcome on my porch...as long as they're dusty and dirty from playing or working outside . I've got a slice of pound cake and some coffee for anyone who wants to join me!

“Nothing is really work unless you would rather be doing something else”
- J.M. BARRIE, Novelist

Love what you do! Do what you love!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page