Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2016 :  12:06:41 PM  Show Profile
WELCOME TO THE PORCH Jami/Sunny Jam!!!! So, Happy to have you join us!!! Stop back by real soon and
tell us a little bit about yourself. You will find this a Fun Place to hang out and meet other neat
Farm Sisters!!! Thanks for the sweet comment on my Grand-daughter!

Shannon...CONGRATULATIONS ON BEING MADE FARMGIRL OF THE MONTH FOR JANUARY!!!! WOOT! WOOT! Our very
own Porchie!!! Judith, Judy and I have all had the Honors and it is really fun! (Hope I didn't leave
anybody out!) Maybe Patsy too...I just don't remember for sure. ~ So, sorry you and some of the little
ones are sick. That is no fun...especially running fevers and everything. Praying you all get well soon.

Does anybody on the Porch use a Fitbit? I just got mine in the mail...today. Now I need to go sign on
to the website and get it functioning. Let me know if anyone uses one...it will help motivate me if I
have friends that use one too.

Hugs and Smiles,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Dec 2011-Farmgirl of the Month
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

Don't allow others to steal the Glitz from your *SPARKLE*

Life is too short to knit with ugly yarn!

Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch
Go to Top of Page

Sobyn
True Blue Farmgirl

752 Posts

Sabrina
Kansas
USA
752 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2016 :  09:21:15 AM  Show Profile
Shannon- THREE classes?? Wow that is crazy!! Hubby will probably only take one at a time but the school divides the semester so it will actually be two classes per semester. At least that is what I think he will do. I didn't even think about if there is an internship....not sure how that will work since he can't exactly go work somewhere. Oh well I guess we will figure it out, I think he has the option of writing a thesis instead. Oh and thanks for checking out my blog and completing the survey!!! Your input is very helpful! I am going to take the shots from an angle as if you were looking at your hands, I think that is definitely what is needed! I also like your idea of a project but I think that will happen after I do some general stitch tutorials! I'm excited to get started!

Peggy, thanks for your kind words about my daughter! I have The Leaf instead of a fit bit. It counts active minutes and steps. Unfortunately I don't think there is any way to share with friends with it.

Welcome Jamie!!!

Well today was our first day back to Classical Conversations after the break. I thought we might have to cancel it due to weather but it ended up just being wet and cold but not frozen. I'm exhausted (I'm always exhausted after CC). We moved the baby out of our room and it has been quite the transition, last night may have been the worst night yet. Some nights he does ok and others it feels like I don't get any sleep. Yesterday I got some things done but not as much as I'd hoped, today I don't plan much because I know I'm tired after CC. Tonight is "date night" (meaning watching Downton together and maybe a glass of wine). Hopefully tomorrow I can get caught up on a few things I didn't get done yesterday. Tuesdays and Thursdays are my full days at home. Overall things are going well. They are busy but I think a little more in balance. We start our other coop back next week so we will see how I feel about it then!!

Well I'm off to finish dinner. Hope you ladies have a good afternoon/evening!

Sabrina

Farmgirl Sister #3275
http://kidscrunchandchrist.com

Norwex www.sabrinascheerer.norwex.biz
Usborne Books and More! https://j4070.myubam.com

Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2016 :  09:45:12 AM  Show Profile
Peggy - thank you for the congrats! :) There are no words to describe how much it has made my month. Whenever i get down, i just think about that :)

Sabrina - excited to participate in your crochet class :) My hubby is taking the three classes right now due to having to wait to take some during the VA portion of the med board :/ He had to cancel at least one if not two classes during that time frame, so he has to reschedule it. Two of the classes are intensives, so he has to spend a week for each in Virginia. The other one is his practicum. It is going to require hands-on at the counseling center twice a week through May. He is finishing his degree in Biblical counseling.

I have started my classes through Vintage Remedies on Aromatherapy and Herbs. Lots of info! I am trying to find time to squeeze it in right now. I have no idea how you have time to teach at your co-op! Planning my own children's courses is hard enough right now!!!

~ Shannon

http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

SunnyJam
True Blue Farmgirl

129 Posts

Jamie
Seattle WA
USA
129 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2016 :  12:45:43 PM  Show Profile
Hi ladies, thanks for the welcome! I didn't mean to pop in on your conversation uninvited. :) I've been away from this site for about a year, but felt a pull to come back after the madness of the holiday season. My goals for the new year included focusing on making life more healthy, meaningful, and connected - which instantly brought MJF to mind!

Shannon - your Vintage Remedies class sounds fascinating. If you come across any particularly interesting tidbits, please share!

Farmgirl Sister #2504
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2016 :  2:40:04 PM  Show Profile
Hi Jamie...we are just glad that you decided to come back and to jump right in to the
conversation! I know having been a Women's Counselor that If your Cup is empty...it's
hard to help anyone else and the best way to keep it full is to take care of yourself
first. And connecting with a Sisterhood of Women is an absolute key to good mental health.
Plus we get kind of crazy around here sometimes which is always good. Laughter is good
medicine!!! Our Judy Jones-McCown keeps us in stitches most of the time. She is a character
that delights the heart and soul.

Well, off to Barnes and Noble Girls and then Bible Study.

Hugs and Snugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2016 :  4:54:55 PM  Show Profile
Welcome to our newest Porchie...JAMIE! So good to have you here! Sit a spell and tell us what you like to do.... if you have spare time that is. *hands you a hot cuppa and a cookie for encouragement*
So, we have sickness and exhaustion amongst us do we? Not good. Not a good way to start the new year Porchies.
Peg, that baby is an angel-doll...BUT...I noticed her clenched fist and little finger thoughtful placed on her chin like she's deciding whether she wants to punch your nose or just pull your hair next time you get too close. hahaha Could it be that she's being coached by that big brother of hers? hmmmm?
We are finally having some winter around these parts. Cold, snow and wind. Bout time I say. I think it's eerie having all this mild weather. Not use to that at all.
Make it a good evening Porch-Buds!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"
"The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it is on my list!"

Edited by - herblady55 on Jan 14 2016 4:57:24 PM
Go to Top of Page

kymomma4
True Blue Farmgirl

516 Posts

RoDonna
Frankfort Kentucky
USA
516 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2016 :  6:06:02 PM  Show Profile
We finally got snow!!! Even if it was for only a few days. The kids got to play for a couple of days in it and try out their new coveralls they got for Christmas. We're suppose to get more on Saturday so we'll see.

I don't get to get on the net when the weather is crazy-wind included. I have satellite internet. Country living!

Welcome Jamie!!! So happy to have you join us on the porch. Get a big mug of tea and I believe Peg put some macaroons out. As long we promise to help decorate. lol!

Shannon~ I'm going to message you about oils. The cost and all. Oh, and I have a package for you. I'm hoping that I get to send it out tomorrow. I have some goodies for ya.

Peg~ That grandbaby is adorable!! Wish I could have another little lady to join this group. I just have one girl and three boys. She's the oldest.

Well, I just stopped by to see everyone real quick. I have some crafts I need to finish up. I have a blue jean bag I'm working on. Have a great night Porchies!!

RoDonna

Farmgirl #2361
"Blessed is the farmgirl who helps make the world a better and healthy place" ~ Me

"For she is clothed with dignity and strength and without fear of the future"-Proverbs 31:25
www.pinterest.com/kymomma4
www.facebook.com/onthehomestead
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2016 :  6:56:08 PM  Show Profile
Jumping on the porch again!

Omgosh, Peggy!! Savanna Grace is such a pretty baby girl! Gush!

Welcome, Jamie!

Sabrina, I have to go and find your crochet class!

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

Sobyn
True Blue Farmgirl

752 Posts

Sabrina
Kansas
USA
752 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2016 :  01:20:52 AM  Show Profile
Shannon- I generally prepare it all at once, so I take a couple days and just really get everything I can planned and prepared then I just have to show up and teach. I also chose subjects that I had premade lesson plans for this semester-I had to do some tweaking but not write an entire curriculum. That said if I did write a curriculum it would do double duty-I am going to prepare my home ec curriculum from last year and sell it on my blog. I'm also writing a social studies curriculum for an online homeschool website that I can sell on my blog (it will be available for their members included in the membership fee but on my site for anyone else who wants it). So I try to do things that I can use in multiple ways!!

Judith-the class isn't up yet which I think you figured out because I saw your input in my survey! THANK YOU!! I did a trial run yesterday to explain something to a friend but I don't really like how it turned out-I will probably take the video down once I have more tutorials up. I am going to do another trial today and then start the actual tutorials once I figure out the best way to do the video. I plan to post some of them on the blog next Thursday. Once I have all the basics done I will figure out a small project to demonstrate from start to finish (per Shannon's suggestion) then I will work on doing some of the more specialized things I mentioned in my survey. I'm also working on a pattern for my little star doll and once that is finished I will probably need to do some tutorials for some specific techniques needed for that.

Well today is my "spend time doing projects with the kids day." We normally would have coop this morning but it starts next week. I do have Bible study this afternoon because it was rescheduled from Monday but it is supposed to snow all day so I may not go if the roads look iffy (it will be dark or almost dark by the time we come home). I'm planning to go through the girl's AHG and Keepers of the Faith books and the MJF badges and see what we have finished that I haven't made note of yet. Sofia is now old enough for Young Cultivators so I need to get her set up with that! I'm also planning to make at least one doll dresses-I bought panels from fabric.com with the pieces for doll dresses on them you just cut and sew I just haven't had a chance to make any yet!

I didn't quite get through all my to-do list for "work" this week but I think I just have to accept that there will always be something more to do and I won't ever "get it all done!" Hubby and I are supposed to work on cleaning out all the kid's clothes and toys this weekend. We don't have AWANA Sunday so we should at least have a relaxing weekend.

Hope you ladies have a good weekend!

Sabrina

Farmgirl Sister #3275

Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2016 :  06:56:46 AM  Show Profile
Jamie - please always feel free to pop in! None of us were invited.. we just pull up a chair and visit :) I will let you know what I learn... I think the scariest thing I am learning right now is about the overuse, with little understanding, of essential oils. Vintage Remedies bases their recommendations and teachings on facts... not just experiences. I had turned to essential oils to use on my newborn.... extremely stupid of me! With them being natural, I have stopped looking at them as medicine which is a big mistake.

RoDonna - Let me know what you want to know about oils... and I'll try to help. But like I just said to Jamie, I am learning to be more and more careful with them... part of it depends on what you are using them for and how you are applying them. And a package?? I'm intrigued... and excited :) Love Farmgirl mail, though right now I am terrible about sending any!

Sabrina - I'm interested in learning more about your home ec curriculum. Right now I am hit and miss with my daughter. I am finding she is way advanced in some things and behind in others! And quite honestly I just do not have the energy to write out my own curriculum right now. I wish I had the fore thought to write curriculums before I had children in school, lol. Enjoy your projects with the kids today - what are your plans?

So yesterday the medical board gave their verdict - and want to medically retire my hubby... sooooo we are appealing to the secretary of the Air Force. So frustrating they do not want to let him finish!!! We just need to get to October 2nd... actually it will be earlier than that, depending on how much leave he has stored up... to get to 20 years. Silly government! The head honcho sat in on his board... we have a feeling he came to Brad's to tell them to medically retire him to save money... if he takes the medical retirement, it will cut our retirement check by 25-50%! We cannot live on the full retirement, so cutting it like that is just not an option for us! Not if we can fight it!

~ Shannon

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2016 :  10:20:37 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning My Porchies...

And yes, it is still morning!!! It Looks Dry outside at the moment but that won't last
for long. We have two weeks of straight rain in the forecast.

My Bible Study Group was fantastic last night. Had great discussion and feed back.
Love when there is so much participation like that...and yet everyone was pretty
tired from all the grayness and rain.

Judith...thanks so much for the grand-daughter compliment. She is an Angel Baby for sure.
With Sadie's mom living with them...I don't get called on hardly ever to watch them like
I use to...so, I only see the grandkids once a week...which is just NOT enough. But I
Know that all the grandma time Patti is getting...she needs too. So, I'm trying to remember
that sharing is good!!! LOL

RoDonna...So, far I have 3 biological grand-daughters and 1 grandson. Since I raised 3 boys
and always wanted a girl I am enjoying being able to buy all the adorable cloths for my
grand-daughters. It's like playing dress-up with real live dolls. So, much fun!

Judy...No, that clenched fist and thoughtful little finger placement is for her big brother's
benefit. She is warning him early that she might be girlie but he better watch out because
she's ready to take him on if need be. LOL I did find it quite funny that when we got together
with the Seattle Family (the girl cousins) who were so gaga over the baby...Elijah didn't want
them getting too close to his baby sister. At first he held out his hand in a stop motion
(like don't get any closer) that is MY Baby Sister not yours. Which was so protective of him...
as he himself still has not held her yet. He is like his two Grandpa's...afraid of breaking
her...so he won't hold her. Sadie's dad is the worst that way. My husband adores holding her but
it took him a couple weeks before he would. Men are too funny no matter what their age!!! LOL

Shannon
...I think you have developed a very good and healthy attitude about essential oils. They
are medicinal and need to be used cautiously like all medicine. I think people can overdose them-
selves and their children if they are not knowledgeable about them. Same with taking herbal supplements.

Sabrina...you always make me chuckle girl...you are always so busy!!! I just think it must be
hard-wired into your DNA. I have a friend here who is the same way. She is in her early 40's and
Has 3 kids...and home schools too. Every year she cuts out all extra curricular stuff for herself
because she realizes she is stretched too thin and needs more time with her family and husband
and then about a month down the road she is bored and starts filling up all her time again but just
doing new and different things. But she doesn't see it herself! Too Funny! I recognize the vicious
cycle because I was the EXACT same way at that time in my life. Slow down and smell the roses before
you burn yourself out girl. It does happen believe me.

Well, guess I'm going to go sign up for Planet Fitness Today. So, I can walk even when it rains.
Need to keep moving or I'll rust during the rainy season. I am glad it is Friday but I have several
errands to run today. Trying to decide if I just go do them myself or wait for hubby to get up
and join me. The man can hibernate half his life away I swear.

More Later my Lovelies. I'm leaving some short bread cookies and Lavender Tea on The Porch! Enjoy!

Hugs and Smiles,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Jan 15 2016 10:27:38 AM
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2016 :  2:42:40 PM  Show Profile
ooooooo.....Me likes shortbread cookies and lavender tea! Yum-Yum!!! lol(short 'n sweet) lol
Patsy's SIL gave her a recipe for lavender-shortbread cookies. Now there's the best of both worlds all
together!mmmmm.

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"
"The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it is on my list!"
Go to Top of Page

TexasWildflower
True Blue Farmgirl

206 Posts

Wanda
Hallettsville Texas
USA
206 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2016 :  4:07:31 PM  Show Profile
Jumping on for a minute to catch up on everyone, or most.

Peggy - That little darlin' is a real Sweetheart!

Jamie - Welcome! "SunnyJam"...I love it!!

Judith - It's so nice to see someone else "jumps on" the porch. Just be careful jumpin' off. :)

Shannon - I'm so sorry to hear about your husband's retirement verdict. They would not want that done to them. My prayers are with you for a good outcome from your appeal.

For me - I don't get on here often, but do try to welcome the new girls. Have been busy with everything concerning my book, released in Nov. I've had a big surprise. The book was written for middle-grade readership, and that is stated on the cover. But, so much feedback is coming from people ranging in age from 50s to 80s!! I couldn't figure out why, then it dawned on me...that period of time, 1950s, is history for the young reader to learn. But, for the older folks, it's memories of their life at that time. A whole other group of readers. A big surprise, but a wonderful one!

Hope to jump on again soon...Lord willin'. Y'all take care.

Wanda
Farmgirl sister #3399
www.wandasturrock.com
'The Simply Lived Life' blog http://www.wandasturrock.com/website/blog/
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7446 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7446 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2016 :  7:01:48 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
Shannon -
So sorry to hear about the Air Force decision. Hopefully the Secretary of the Air Force can do something. You'd think there was SOMEthing they could have him do for those last 8-10 months.

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Farm Girl of the Month August 2015
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

"Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly . . . on a broomstick - we're flexible, like that."
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2016 :  12:00:42 AM  Show Profile
Hi Girlies...Well, I had a busy day but it was a good one. Got all signed up for Planet Fitness.
I'm really excited because I'm doing well on my Fitbit. I haven't broken 10,000 steps yet but
I have hit almost 8,000 each day for the 3 days I've been tracking. The first day I did no stairs
but yesterday I did 5 flights of stairs and today I've done 16 flights of stairs in my walking.
Now, that impressed even me! LOL Fitbit is a perfect motivator for me because I am such a competitive
person...even if I just compete against myself. LOL Yesterday I won a walking badge and today I
won a stair climbing badge. Geesh If this fitbit just gave me badges for doing house-work I might
get more done. Tee Hee Hee

Shannon...I forgot to mention that I am praying for your husbands military retirement verdict. That
really stinks and is really not fair to your husband or his family. I so hope he can fight it. Even
if just fighting the decision buys him six months more time...that would be great! Praying for you
guys. I know big Business Corporations pull that kind of stuff all the time but I never expected that
our Military would dishonor their Soldiers that way. That is terrible!

Wanda...thanks for your sweet words on my Grand-baby. I hope I get to see her and Elijah tomorrow. I'm
needing a Grandmama Fix!!

Judy...I have a recipe for Lavender Shortbread cookies too. I might
have even got it from Patsy who knows...but it is good!!!! And so
is Lavender Tea!!!

OK...off to bed girls...To Read for a couple of hours before sleep.

Sweet Dreams,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Jan 16 2016 12:04:12 AM
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9245 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9245 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2016 :  05:11:35 AM  Show Profile
It has been a long time since i have visited the porch but getting caught up this morning.

Peggy, Savannah is adorable. Nothing like being a grandma or in my case a Mimi.

Shannon, so sorry to hear that verdict. Will be praying the appeal works out in your favor.

Hope everyone is faring well here on the porch no matter your weather.
We traveled 6 hrs yesterday to get to a wedding later today. It is cold and snowy/wet. Hoping it clears off for later.

We used a pop up whenever we went camping when we were young. It had enough room for everyone. Then when my grandmother passed she left us her Terry trailer but we never took it anywhere. It just sat in the backyard and we used it for a place for guests to stay in the summers.

Have only been camping a few times during our marriage but would love to go again when we don't have so many responsibilities on our plate.

Hope everyone has a great day.

~Denise~
Farmgirl Sister #43

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/
http://www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

ComeOnSammy
Farmgirl in Training

35 Posts

Samantha
Shelton WA
USA
35 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2016 :  09:06:18 AM  Show Profile
Hello ladies. I posted my life story under the book forum. It was the book that brought me here.
I don't have a farm, but we own 4 acres on a muddy hill, surrounded by trees 5 miles from town. Close enough, right? Our goal is homesteading. We have chickens (getting chicks this spring I'm so excited!), a weird old goat, 2 dogs, and 2 cats. And a goldfish. Next year we will hopefully add meat chickens and maybe pigeons. We want a garden but we don't have a well so that makes it pretty difficult. I also want to can and put up food but we currently have ZERO sorage. That should be changing this up coming summer though! Meanwhile I distract myself with mediocre sewing skills, revamping goodwill finds, crafting with my 2 close friends, and mothering. Speaking of which, I homeschool our 5 year old and her almost 2 year old sister copies everything she does.
Go to Top of Page

Sobyn
True Blue Farmgirl

752 Posts

Sabrina
Kansas
USA
752 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2016 :  06:06:47 AM  Show Profile
Peggy-I can't not do anything and household chores bore me. I MUST have something to occupy my mind. That said, being "on the go" with lots of out of the house activities is exhausting. I'm working on having 2-3 weekdays where we don't have to go anywhere. Writing is flexible and can happen when the kids are in bed or playing. I feel better physically and mentally now than I did a year ago when I didn't have much to do.

Shannon-I'm sorry to hear about the decision, it does seem ridiculous. I hope appealing works but shouldn't his retirement be at least 47.5% at 19 years? More if the disability rating is higher? I looked all that up a while back and it is ridiculously complicated so maybe I'm missing something. Either way I hope it works out or y'all can just delay it long enough. It is horrible how the military is treated these days!

I just applied for a bunch of badges, now to go through and catch up on syd's!!

Sabrina

Farmgirl Sister #3275

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2016 :  07:24:56 AM  Show Profile
WELCOME TO THE PORCH SAMANTHA!!! So glad that you came to check us out. We love having new gals
come kick off their boots and sit a spell. Pull up one of those Red Rocking Chairs or grab a
Porch Swing or just sit on the railing which ever is most comfy for you. Oh, and help yourself
to some tea/coffee and hot out of the oven cinnamon rolls! ~ 4 Acres sounds like a Farm to me girl...
muddy or not. You have me curious...what is so weird about your goat! LoL ~ Sounds like you love
crafting and it's nice you have girlfriends to do it with. Nothing like female companionship!

Sabrina...honey, I always feel like you think I'm picking on you for being You. I don't mean to come
across that way...and I apologize if it does. Please forgive!

Denise...so glad to have you jumping on the Porch...for a quick chat! Thanks for you sweet comment on
my newest grandbaby. She is a sweet heart. She was over here last night and was very fussy while I
was holding her but Grandpapa came out and just talked to her and she hushed right up and was just so
mesmerized by his voice. He had the same affect on Elijah when he was little. We call Grandpa the Baby
Whisperer! LOL These two sweethearts have a Mimi too. She is Sadie's Dad's new wife Shelly. With three
sets of Grandparents it makes it easier for the kids to tell us all apart...by having Grandma, Grandmama,
and Mimi. Elijah likes to break it down even farther by now calling the first two of us Grandma Patti
and Grandma Peggy when we are all together (which is quite often). You are right...there is nothing
better than having grandkids.

Well, I woke up waaaaaaaaaaaaay to early this morning. I was out of one of the pills that helps me
sleep and didn't make it to the Pharmacy to pick it up yesterday and it's pouring rain...which doesn't
help either. So, I will be hopping back to bed here shortly.

Have a fabulous Sonday girls!!!

Gentle Hugs and Sleepy Smiles,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Jan 17 2016 07:29:25 AM
Go to Top of Page

ComeOnSammy
Farmgirl in Training

35 Posts

Samantha
Shelton WA
USA
35 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2016 :  07:45:06 AM  Show Profile
Well she's a lamancha so she doesn't have ears. And when we first got her she WOULD NOT be pinned up and insisted on being outside looking in our window. I honestly think she was brain damaged when she was disbudded as a kid. She likes to free range and visit the new neighbor too! And she doesn't baa. She makes a noise like she's always clearing her throat.

Edited by - ComeOnSammy on Jan 17 2016 09:02:22 AM
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2016 :  08:14:00 AM  Show Profile
Peggy - I think what caught my attention about the essential oils is the fact that young children and infants have died from asphyxiation from peppermint oil!!! While it helps you breathe better, it also lowers respirations... We have used it on Emi and praise God did not have that result, but I will never use it on her again!!! Not until she is much much older! On a different note - great job signing up a Planet Fitness! I really want to start walking with my children! I think perhaps starting this week we will have a morning walk! I might need to check out this FitBit thing everyone keeps talking about.

Wanda - so happy to hear about the great outcome with your book!

Linda - the really sad thing about the whole mess is it is not affecting his work at all!!!!! His commander even wrote a letter stating that their command does not want to lose Brad! Due to my hubby's rank and position, he basically does administration work!

Denise - how was the wedding? Was the weather cooperative?

Samantha - welcome! We too are a homeschooling family :) I love how the younger children copy their older siblings... well except when the older ones are setting bad examples, bwahhaha Anyways, so glad to have you join us on the porch! I have never heard of a lament, so I am going to have to look that one up!!!

Sabrina - I am not going to be able to explain all the percentages, numbers, etc, but.... I'll try to explain the best I can.... basically, if he hits 20 years, he gets the normal amount of retirement, plus disability. If he does not hit 20 years, he gets one or the other, which will only be half the amount. The VA is saying he is 90% disabled. I don't know how all of it works out, but I know with retirement and disability, we will be getting less than what we are getting now, so if we only get half that, we are up the creek with no paddle! We also found out that the Army has a special squadron for the guys who are at 17 years or more who are injured, so that they can finish to their 20 years, rather than kicking them out or medically retiring them! I don't understand why the Air Force, which is supposedly "more family friendly" would not have the same!

Today is a cooler (in the 40s compared to our 60s yesterday), windy wet day - so Emi and I are home from church, as she is still not 100%. I think part of it may be teething.. did I tell you ladies all of her recent accomplishments? She is rolling, laughing, and has her first tooth! It has been a busy couple weeks! ;) I'm hoping to get some crafting done today!

~ Shannon

Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6448 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6448 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2016 :  08:24:22 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning everyone, trying to get back into the swing of things after being away for so long.
I see so many new names, so many new Farmgirls,that is so wonderful! Looking forward to getting to know all of you and reconnecting with old friends. I have missed all of you!
Peggy please take care and rest, I know the rain does not help you at all.
Have a beautiful day everyone.

Hugs,
Deb
Blessed in Colorado

"Dream as if you will live forever...live as if you will die tomorrow." James Dean

"The truth is everyone is going to hurt you. You got to find the ones to suffer for." Bob Marley.

Friendship is when people know all about you but love you anyway.

http://myworld.ebay.com/debbt
www.Etsy.com/shop/MountainWingsAntique
www.Amazon.com/Blessed in Colorado

Edited by - Blessed in Colorado on Jan 17 2016 08:44:44 AM
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2016 :  1:48:35 PM  Show Profile
Good afternoon ladies! I bring hot, fresh oatmeal chocolate chip cookies fresh out of the oven to share (calorie free of course lol) and a pot of Mexican hot chocolate with mini marshmallows. Please help yourself. Hope everybody is having a great Sunday and keeping warm. It's -10 here at the moment with -23 wind chill. Humidity is high so it feels worse than it did yesterday and it was colder yesterday. The sun is shining though and we definitely needed some sunshine. Next weekend it's supposed to be up in the 30's. We'll be out in bikinis LOL

Fitbits - I bought one while doing Weight Watchers but stopped as I got closer to my surgery as I was in so much pain I wasn't moving much and it just stressed me so I quit wearing it. I keep forgetting to put it on now. I don't like wearing it at night so I take it off and forget to put it back on. When I first got it I wore it 24/7, but it just bothers me when I sleep. I did order some pretty replacement bands that should be here soon. I need to get back wearing it again and now I've stopped having pain I can start walking again. It will be on the treadmill though as the dogs can't even handle being out for long without their paws freezing. The office is trying to see if we can get a Weight Watchers meeting in the office if they can get enough people and can get authorization by corporate to do it. They're doing it at the Fargo office so it would be nice to get it here as well and they pay for it if it's in the office if I understood correctly. I stopped doing it because I felt I needed to focus on my health and not get frustrated with points and the scale until after I had the surgery and recovered.

Peggy - how is your fibro handling all the rain there? Hopefully it's not triggering flares.

Sabrina - you sound like me when I was homeschooling. Way too many things to do and I was the only one to get them done. At the time I couldn't imagine doing anything else though as I felt it was all important. As for the Army having a special squad for disabled vets, I've never heard of it. I saw guys get medically discharged within a year of their 20 year mark. I imagine it's more of who you know and can pull strings for you then anything else. The military is just without mercy for their own in a lot of cases. It's extremely sad. There were days I wanted to cry at how they treated some of the guys with PSTD issues and they way they'd discharge them without a thought for having done their jobs.

I worked four 4 hour shifts this week so I haven't gotten a lot accomplished plus I had to go in for an hour this morning for a meeting. I did finish a book, The 3-Season Diet by John Douillard. It's based on an ancient medical practice/wisdom called Ayurvedia that was developed over 5000 years ago in India. Very interesting book. I did sign up for an audible trial and really liked it so I listen to that in the afternoons while working. I've been listening to the Harry Potter series from the beginning (yes, I'm a total geek lol). I'm finishing up the Order of the Phoenix. I just finished an audible romance, Yellowstone Heart Song by Peggy L Henderson. She wrote a series of them all taking in place in the Yellowstone Park system. I will probably get the entire series. Nice, sweet stores without all the porn. I think they were $1.99, so very reasonably priced. Once I get done with my HP fix, I may move on to Ms Marple and the Cadfael Mysteries.

I was forced to take a transfer from Part B to Part A claims. After the farce of training they gave us a year ago for a volunteered special project to help them out I wanted nothing to do with transferring. The company over hired and now are trying to shuffle people around to fill areas that are short although they've been hinting about possibly having to take other measures (pink slips). I hate to say it but I think I was being punished for having been sick and not being able to perform to my standards. After the office manager and our team leader promised us we'd be given real training we discovered Thursday afternoon that they're training us via Skype! Eight hours a day and they've got it on the calendar for 6 weeks of training, all via Skype. They announced Wednesday that 3 of us were being transferred. Not only is this changing our jobs but we'll no longer be attached to the office here in town but instead to the Fargo office (100 miles away). Thursday we were informed our training starts Monday. Two of us lodged complaints regarding it and were told too bad, it's the way it's going to be. I was so furious I talked to my manager at W*lmart about it and he offered me a full time position there. So my week ended up extremely stressed to put it mildly. Matt wants me to wait and ride it out and see how it goes so I guess I'll wait and see. Trying to put a positive spin on it so since my working hours for training will be different and I'll be starting an hour later, I'm hoping to be able to work out before work now. I need to figure out how to walk on the treadmill without the noise waking Matt. At least I can get some yoga in though, which should help with some of the stress.

Well, I need to get motivated and start working on getting supper started. Hope everybody has a great week!

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://ndprairiegypsy.blogspot.com/
Etsy: PrairieGypsyCrafts
Jamestown, ND
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2016 :  8:50:38 PM  Show Profile
Prairie Tammy...boy it sounds extremely cold where you are. I guess I will quit complaining about
rain. LOL ~ Hey, I didn't know you could get different bands for your Fitbit. Which model do you
have? I have The Charger HR and I have it in purple. Where do you order other bands from??? Let me
know I'm really curious. I love my Fitbit...it is working out well for me. I am able to wear it at
night and it doesn't bother me at all...which surprised me because I am the woman who takes off all
her jewelry at night including my wedding rings. ~ Today was my one day off from exercise. The rain
was really killing my back today and I slept a lot. I am only exercising 6 days a week. And I will
decide if it will be Saturday or Sunday depending on my personal schedule each weekend. You are blessed that you have a Treadmill at home. That would make it nice in bad weather. I joined Planet Fitness here which is just 1/2 mile from our Apartment and only costs $10.00 a month...which you can't beat that price! ~ I'm so sorry that your Office Job is being difficult again. Why can't they leave well enough alone? Goodness!~ I have been reading a lot of Cozy Mysteries as of late. I have just needed a bit of a mental slow down and something nice and easy breezy. And those are working for me! ~ Thanks for the Chocolate Chip Cookies and The Mexican Hot Chocolate...and I love that they are calorie free...as I have gotten
totally off sugar. Plus I got off of diet soda and drink only water, tea, and coffee (1 cup). (+:

Debbie...Welcome back Sister! Hey, do you walk everyday or do you take a day off? You must walk for
over an hour if you are doing 10,000 steps a day. I'm doing just under 8,000 which I feel pretty
good about just being 4 days into this Program. Keep encouraging me...I will eventually get there. (+:
I'm proud of you because I know you have Fibro too. Do you walk indoors or out?

Shannon...wow, that peppermint oil problem is a news bulletin to me. Goodness that is scary huh? Glad you found out about it and stopped using it on the baby.

Well, another Sunday I didn't make it to Church but The Lord and I still had time together.
Hope you all had a Great Lords Day and are looking forward to this coming week.

More Later Ladies.
Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Jan 17 2016 8:54:25 PM
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6448 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6448 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2016 :  9:31:05 PM  Show Profile
Good Evening everyone,
It is going to take time for me to catch up and get to know everyone, so don't give up on me please#128563;
Peggy it is hubby who has fibro on top of all his other disabilities so I do know your struggle and how you suffer with the disease. I have severe arthritis but is is nothing like by your fibro.
Believe it or not I only walk in the house, on Fridays I go to town and run errands. Believe me I do not get 10,000 steps everyday. I have had my fitbit since July and I love it, so fun. I am happy you and I are doing together keeps us motivated..The more friends the betterment
Till tomorrow I say nite, nite to and sweet dreams.

Hugs,
Deb
Blessed in Colorado

"Dream as if you will live forever...live as if you will die today." James Dean

"The truth is everyone is going hurt you. You got to find the ones worth suffering for." Bob Marley

"Friendship is when people know all about you but love you anyway."

www.etsy.com/shop/MountainWingsAntique
www.Amazon.com/Blessed in Colorado
http://myworld.ebay.com/debbt

Edited by - Blessed in Colorado on Jan 17 2016 9:32:29 PM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page