Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

Sobyn
True Blue Farmgirl

752 Posts

Sabrina
Kansas
USA
752 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2016 :  11:18:05 AM  Show Profile
Hey everyone! Wow everyone has been busy over the holidays!! I have enjoyed our break from all our activities. I have also had time to reflect, set some goals and make some changes. Peggy will be glad to know I RUTHLESSLY cut back on activities! Well I think it was ruthless anyway. I am not doing our Thursday Bible study and I didn't sign my kids back up for Archery (hubby promised to buy them a bow and target so we could just practice at home). I also told them we were going to skip the last class of our Friday coop so that we could come home at lunch on that day. So our weekly activities are down to two homeschool coops (one only half day) and Ballet once a week. Plus our Sunday activities and Friday evening family Bible study and fellowship. Honestly at this point I'd like to cut more but I made commitments I need to see through until May and also my HIGHLY extroverted daughter would drive me nuts with much less outside activity. I tell you what, it is hard to homeschool one that is that extremely extroverted, especially considering my boys would prefer to never leave the house!!

I have set quite a few goals. Many of them revolve around my blog and writing which I would really like to grow this year. Yesterday I launched a pretty big project I was working on over there and am really excited about! But today I couldn't write. It was like my brain was fried from that project!! I am struggling to find the balance of working at home, being productive and working towards my goals with not neglecting my role as mother and wife. I'm trying to figure out how to intentionally schedule time for everything. But with four kids schedules aren't very reliable. I promised hubby I would not work on the Saturdays he is off (in any given 5 weeks he works 2 Saturdays and 1 Sunday and then has 1 four day weekend and sometimes one three day weekend so I'm trying to be present when he is home). I think I'm going to plan "game nights" and other things with my kids on a weekly basis too. The hard part about working at home and blogging/writing is you can't "leave work at the office" and there is always something else to do. But I'm sure I will get it figured out! It is all very exciting!!

Well I'm off to watch a show with hubby since my brain shut off anyway lol. Tomorrow I need to knock out a bunch of my to-do list because I'm babysitting for a friend Friday and Saturday and I promised my kids I would work on some crafts for them! I really need to get my MJF badge book out and see what I can get with the crafts I did for Christmas!!

Oh and my daughter is now making stop motion videos and putting them in youtube!! (I monitor all of that VERY closely). Her first video is up here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LFzgy-ZwIY
The second is on there but the sound came out too low so she is going to re-do it. They are videos of her American Girl dolls. She is 10 and I think she did an amazing job. She got a camera for Christmas she is using to make them. Just thought I'd share in case y'all want to show her some love. I wonder if there is a young cultivator badge she could get for that :)

Sabrina

Farmgirl Sister #3275
http://kidscrunchandchrist.com

Norwex www.sabrinascheerer.norwex.biz
Usborne Books and More! https://j4070.myubam.com

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2016 :  4:53:39 PM  Show Profile
Sabrina...I watched your daughter's two videos...they were so cute. I was very impressed!!! I hope she will keep making
them because who knows where that might eventually take her...maybe a future Movie Producer In the Making.
And Hey...I am so proud of you for cutting back your activities for more Home time with hubby and kids. Yes, your
extroverted daughter needs her outings (as well as Mom) but nothing can ever replace family and game nights. They
will be some of your kids favorite memories. So three cheers for you!!!

RoDonna...I still have Christmas stuff up. I did however "start" taking some down last night. December just flew by in
such a rush...that I have really enjoyed the slow down the last 6 days...and keeping Christmas up a little bit longer.
We still have black ice and I guess we will for the next few days. But I have been very watchful...as I go out. My
dog however stubbornly wants me to go where ever he wants to go. So, we have the battle of the stubborn minds going on
between us.

Patsy and PG Tammy...I agree with you both... Those little candies were so yummy...I too enjoyed them. Lovely flavors!
And the Tea's were great too!!! ~ Patsy, I bet your family enjoyed all that baking you did. It sounded like a baking
marathon going on there. LOL

Tea Swappers...I will be sending your List out Later tonight or first thing in the morning. I got it all on one page
but my computer then would not allow the pretty graphic to remain. My husband tried it on another computer and another program and he had the same results...so, it ain't pretty but it is a complete list on one page. I think what has happened with our computers is that neither of us have downloaded Window 10...we are afraid to because our laptops are so Old and we know it will really mess them up. We both still use Windows 7...so you can see how old our laptops are. Window is trying to force us to download. I won't until I get a new laptop. I know, stubborn me!! At least right now I can still use my computer but if I download Windows 10 I know it will crash. Been there done that with other computers and downloads.

OK..I still need to get my Bible Study Lessons prepared for tomorrow night. So, off I go. More later my girlies!!

Love and Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Dec 2011-Farmgirl of the Month
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

Don't allow others to steal the Glitz from your *SPARKLE*

Life is too short to knit with ugly yarn!

Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch

Edited by - LadyInRed on Jan 06 2016 11:45:33 PM
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7446 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7446 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2016 :  6:08:19 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
I'm going to use Windows 7 as long as I can, but one techie at MicroCenter said it would only be supported for 6 more months.

Were there any changes from the one we checked except the one address change?

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Farm Girl of the Month August 2015
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

"Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly . . . on a broomstick - we're flexible, like that."

Edited by - quiltee on Jan 06 2016 6:09:22 PM
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2016 :  11:43:01 PM  Show Profile
Linda there were several.
So, I will post tomorrow some time.
Just got the last email address I needed too.

Thanks for your Patience Girls.

Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2016 :  06:08:23 AM  Show Profile
Good morning everyone! Life has been a zoo around here recently! My hubby is feeling much better since his surgery on his back on the 18th. He is still adjusting to using the stimulator, and we pray it will be worth it! The incisions the gave him were two to three times bigger than they had told him they would be! Christmas was quiet and HOT! And of course, our air conditioner (yes we needed it!) died. The AC guy finally came out Tuesday.... To tell us it has a freon leak, the owner has known for quite a while, considering they had been out multiple times, but it cannot be correctly fixed until after it warms up... Yup, after days in the 80s with high humidity, our temps all of a sudden plummeted, with lows in the 20s! We are loving that it feels like winter :) Unfortunately, later this week it will be back up to 70, but for the most part it looks like we will get to enjoy temps in the 50s and 60s for awhile :) The week after Christmas, my inlaws arrived. We had a lovely visit with them :) they were here from Thursday through Sunday. We ended up going to Patriot's Point on Saturday. Such a wonderful experience! My oldest son LOVES history, especially the wars, so he was extremely interested! Nursing Emi was a little difficult, as she tends to go to sleep when nursing if I am walking, and the steps were quite steep, but it was still loads of fun. For those not familiar, you can tour the USS Yorktown, USS Laffey, as well as a submarine. They also have an area dedicated to the Vietnam War. Lots and lots of educational opportunities there, with various memorials and informational sections throughout! And then on Tuesday, my parents came for a visit, staying until Wednesday morning. This was also a pleasant visit! Today, my hubby took my 6yo dd squirrel hunting again. Sadly they did not get anything, before she got way too cold, but she enjoyed it nonetheless. His upcoming week, hubby will be going to Texas to fight the AF, to let him stay in until retirement. Hopefully it goes well!

~ Shannon

http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7446 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7446 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2016 :  06:28:47 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
Shannon - where is your husband going in Texas? Is it Wichita Falls? I hope the results are what you want? :-)

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

"Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly . . . on a broomstick - we're flexible, like that."
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2016 :  07:22:45 AM  Show Profile
Randolph AFB in Universal City

~ Shannon

Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7446 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7446 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2016 :  07:24:45 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
ok. I'll have to look that up - I'm not sure where it is.

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2016 :  08:35:16 AM  Show Profile
I'm pretty sure it is the outskirts of San Antonio

~ Shannon

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2016 :  8:52:19 PM  Show Profile
Hey Peg, I didn't get an updated tea list. Don't know why.

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"
"The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it is on my list!"
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2016 :  11:29:19 PM  Show Profile
Because I haven't sent it out yet. Making two Corrections tonight. Out in the morning if all
goes well.

Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

Sobyn
True Blue Farmgirl

752 Posts

Sabrina
Kansas
USA
752 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2016 :  07:08:26 AM  Show Profile
Thanks Peggy! She is so proud of herself, and we are proud of her too. She has posted a third now.

Yes Randolf is outside of San Antonio.

Well I didn't get all of my to-do list done this week but I'm exhausted. I think I'm calling it and relaxing for the weekend. Except for getting my Children's Church stuff organized tomorrow. I'm babysitting for a friend and we are going to another friend's for a party tonight. Tomorrow I may just lay around! We will see if I can do it.

My husband just got accepted into Grad School so he is about to be much busier too. Which makes it even more important for us to designate a couple evenings a week for couple time!

Hope you all have a good weekend!

Sabrina

Farmgirl Sister #3275
http://kidscrunchandchrist.com

Norwex www.sabrinascheerer.norwex.biz
Usborne Books and More! https://j4070.myubam.com

Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2016 :  11:18:38 AM  Show Profile
Happy Friday,
Just flying in with my butterfly wings smiling. We got a snow day today. Can you tell I am dancing? So today is a pj day with tea and great book. It was crazy week. So a surprise day at home made me smile.

I have been doing a bit of cross stitch today as well. I got new glasses yesterday. Amazing how much my eyes were struggling.
anyway just popping in for a bit.
love to you all,
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Purple Skies
http://mypurpleskies.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2016 :  2:04:24 PM  Show Profile
Thanks for the update Peg. Patsy had said she got hers already.... so I thought maybe I had somehow gotten overlooked. I got it this afternoon. Thanks again.
Very cloudy and misty out. Never really got light today. Yuck! Plus I'm having one of those days...er...
weeks where my 'back went out without me!'grrr. I feel totally useless when that happens. Can't bend well, can't lift, can barely walk! *sniff-snuffle... whining*

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"
"The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it is on my list!"
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2016 :  2:42:43 PM  Show Profile
Judy... I think Patsy thought the original one I sent for people to check for
mistakes was the Tea List for everyone but it was only the rough draft as you know.

So, now it is finally done and I can move on to actually planning what I am going to send to
You Girls at the end of the month when I get paid. Now the FUN part of the Tea Swap!! (+:

Teacher Tammy...Three Cheers for an unexpected SNOW DAY!!! Fun fun!

Sabrina...your daughter is quite talented. Like I said I was really impressed.

OK...off to color for awhile.

Love and Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2016 :  3:04:23 PM  Show Profile
Evening ladies! Hope everybody's lives are starting to slow down a bit after the holidays and be less hectic. After being back to work for a week I'm immensely glad I didn't volunteer to work this weekend since I was scheduled off - because I needed it. Today I'm not getting out of my pj's today either. It was -14 degrees this morning and I decided with temps that low staying warm and comfy was priority lol. It's really odd though how after I started having cycles I could never tolerate the cold but now I relish it, although not this cold. However, I did manage to get most of the cleaning done even while in pj's so I wasn't a total slouch.

I mentioned Matt got me an easel for Christmas. Here it is set up with my rug loom ready for me to start warping it. Matt's wanting me to start another rug so he can see how it works for me. It's definitely sturdy.

I've been watching a local online website and found a popup camper that I may be interested in. We'll see. No bathroom and I really wanted something with a bathroom. Didn't want a popup but it might be a good starter one for us until we get a vehicle that we can pull a fifth wheel, which is what we ultimately want. The popup is listed at $1300 so it's a pretty good deal and I could make changes without breaking the budget. We have so many home improvements we want to do next year or that it's hard to justify paying more and having to get a loan for one right now. The popup would actually give us more floor space than most of the hard sided ones we've looked at in our price range because they don't have slides and for the length that Matt's comfortable towing (22 ft or under). I'm holding on it because it's about 4 hours from here in Minot and we have no place to store it right now so I'm not in a hurry to purchase. I've been looking at Pinterest boards for popup makeovers though and gathering ideas :O)

While I was sorting some of my stuff in my sewing room to organize it before Christmas I found an almost finished baby afghan in baby blue. It was perfect as i needed a gift for the baby so I finished it. Of course in my hurry I forgot to take pics so Jordon's gf took these, they aren't good, but you can see the bobble baby afghan I gave him.

I think I'm going to get my chicken started for supper and go knit my socks I'm working on now while sipping on a warm cup of tea. Supper will be ready about 7:30 if anybody wants to join us.

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://ndprairiegypsy.blogspot.com/
Etsy: PrairieGypsyCrafts
Jamestown, ND
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2016 :  5:39:00 PM  Show Profile
Well, Girls I finally got Christmas all down and put away. And decorated for Valentines
Day. Some times I wish I wasn't so passionate about decorating. But I do have 3 boxes ready
to go to the Local Thrift Store. And there will be much more to come. As this is the the time
of year I love to purge. I have a long way to go.

Prairie Tammy I love the look of your easel and also the baby blanket. My mom and dad started
out with a pop up years ago...and they took it out several times but never felt safe in it.
They had a run in with some wild characters in a Camp Ground and even though my dad always
carried a gun...he came home and immediately sold the pop up and bought a 24 foot Terry Trailer.

Ok...girls, I'm tired and I need to think of something to fix for dinner. Will chat more later!

Hugs and smiles,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2016 :  11:51:46 AM  Show Profile
Peggy - I grew up living in popups in the summer. My mom and SF bought a box popup (no wings) our first year to see if we'd like it and then traded up to a larger unit the following year. They put it in a campground closer to where they worked so they wouldn't have to travel so far. We ended up moving to the town where they worked after a couple years and then they divorced so my awesome life growing up in a campground screeched to a halt. It was awesome while it lasted. Most campgrounds now are nothing like the large lots and heavily wooded sites we had back then. I do have concerns with a popup if we'd be wilderness camping with bears and such and also with the winds here; although, I do see a lot of people with popups here so maybe that isn't as big of a concern.

Extremely tired today. Woke up at 5 for some reason and couldn't get back to sleep. I could really use a nap but don't have time to take one. It's cold (8') and snowing lightly so it's perfect nap weather lol Matt went to the post office and said the roads are horrible. Doesn't make me want to go into W*lmart tonight to work. I did make a good lunch though; stickey chicken in the crockpot with mashed potoates and gravy. I'm taking some of the meat to work tonight for my snack/supper and then the rest I pulled off and I think I may make chicken and noodles with mashed potatoes later this week or maybe some tortilla soup.

Hope everybody is having a great day!

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://ndprairiegypsy.blogspot.com/
Etsy: PrairieGypsyCrafts
Jamestown, ND
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2016 :  12:25:58 PM  Show Profile
Prairie Tammy...you described perfectly the kind of campgrounds my parents use to stay in
when they went to Montana. Very Woodsy and almost always secluded. You get bears and wild
people. LOL So, that is probably why they didn't feel safe. ~ My husband had never been
camping...so about 5 years into our marriage I talked him in to taking the kids and all of
us going Tent Camping...which is what I grew up doing. So, we bought all the gear and
planned to go for a week to camp in a wooded camp ground that my husband knew about on
The Oregon Coast. He only knew about it because he grew up on a Farm near there. Well, we
get there and I swear we were the only campers there. Now that is an eerie feeling let me
tell you. The third day we were there this car with three men in it kept cruising around
the camp ground...my husband got very uncomfortable because (he said) the men kept starring
at me as they drove by our campsite real slowly. I was in my late 30's at the time and my
husband was in his late 40's...and being a Pastor and Pastor's wife...we Never carried firearms
of any kind. So, the next thing I know is one other family pulled in quite close to where our sight was and 3 or 4 kids come running out and off to explore the area. So, my husband walks
over and talks to the couple and as he comes back, I hear the mother call to her kids...
and then they are loading them back in and pulling out. I asked my husband what he said to them...
and he said he told them about the car load of deviant looking men and told them I didn't
think their children would be safe running around with those guys in the camp ground and that
we were packing up and leaving as well (news to me at the time). But I did concur with his gut
instinct. They were creepy and looked like they were up to no good. But after that I could never
talk my husband into going camping again. Which was a big bummer for the kids and me.
~ But hey if a lot of people use Popups in your state...you are probably just fine...as long as you
stay out of Woodsy Camp Grounds. Out here that is all we have...unless you go to RV sites that
seem to be more open and more used.
Your dinner sounds good...I'll be right over!!! (+:

It's raining here again! I'm so tired of it. We have been getting several sporadic days of cold and
sunny weather which is nice. Like yesterday was just beautiful!! and the day before that. so, those days I really
enjoy and I just bundle up and go for it.

OK...still kind of quiet on The Porch. Let's do some Valentine Decorating of our Virtual Porch, what do you
say? I am going to put some big red candles on white candle holders on the Porch railing. What do
you wish to add?

Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Jan 11 2016 12:31:12 PM
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2016 :  08:42:13 AM  Show Profile
Tammy, just a quick hop on and off the porch! I know we are not to covet; but, I love your rug loom! Love the blankie and the g-kiddle! Aren't you blessed!

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7446 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7446 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2016 :  09:13:02 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
I woke up at 3:00 am and didn't get back to sleep until 4:30. UGH! I hate when that happens.

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2016 :  09:50:59 AM  Show Profile

Newest Picture of Miss Savannah Grace Smith. She is such an Angel Baby!!! And Proud Grandmama just
has to show her off. I haven't gotten enough baby time with her lately...as everyone wants to hold
her and I know I have to share but...

Linda...so sorry you woke up so early. I hate when that happens!! But I usually check my email. Study
for my Thursday Bible Study or color. LOL Then I get tired again and go back to bed. I can sleep as
late as I want to...so, I'm good with that. I can't remember...do you still work or are you retired?
If you had to get up and go to work that would be the pits.

Hi Judith...what are you up to girl? I thought of you the other day when I was coloring a Tea Cup Picture
because the Tea Pot, Cups and Boarder all had Forget-Me-Nots on them. Have a blessed day sweet friend.

Well, today it is pouring rain out there. Looks like a great Pajama day for me. My husband got a new
computer yesterday. That was a Huge Blessing for him...as he still does a lot of work for his son Daniel
who is doing an Appeal to be Released from jail. So, a friend of Daniels heard about my husbands dinosaur
Laptop computer and so he bought my husband a refurbished Desk Top Computer. God is Crazy Good!!! So,
Larry will be in his room all day getting that up and running. What a huge huge huge blessing and gift
from God...through a man with a giving heart.

Ok, my Lovelies...is no one going to help me decorate The Porch??? I'm leaving Tea and Macaroons for a
little incentive.

Huggies,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Jan 12 2016 09:54:08 AM
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7446 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7446 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2016 :  10:37:49 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
That's a nice rug loom, Tammy. That's one hobby I haven't pursued yet. LOL!

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

Go to Top of Page

SunnyJam
True Blue Farmgirl

129 Posts

Jamie
Seattle WA
USA
129 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2016 :  10:50:08 AM  Show Profile
Congrats, Peggy! Your granddaughter is adorable.

Farmgirl Sister #2504
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2016 :  11:41:01 AM  Show Profile
Sabrina - congratulations on your hubby getting accepted to grad school! My hubby is finishing up his Master's degree right now... He is in 3 classes currently. His schedule makes my head swirl ;) I am ready for him to be done, but it will be so worth it in the long run! He will be completely done except his internship, come the end of May or beginning of June.

TLTammy - so glad you had a snow day! We actually woke up to a frost. You would have thought we had five feet of snow, as excited as my children were!

PGTammy - your temperatures sound perfect for winter! Perfect for winter-like crafts :) Love love love your easel and rug loom! The baby afghan turned out so cute. And the baby - oh my! such a sweet little thing!

PGTammy and Peggy - you guys have me wishing to go camping! Tenting of course! I grew up tenting almost every weekend. I have no clue if my dad brought along a gun or not! It wasn't something we were privy to, if he did. The summer before I went into fifth grade, we went across country... from Maryland to California, in a tent! It was such a fun fun trip! As we got older, my parents did buy an RV, but we still brought along a two-person tent, that my younger sister and I often shared outside my parents' RV. Since getting married, we have taken our children camping a few times.. without a gun! I've never been fearful of the people there, but rather the wild critters. The one time was in the Smokey Mountain, and we knew there were bears living in the campsite about five sites from our tent! We were told to lock all food items in the suburban at night, and make sure nothing was in the tent!

Peggy - Savannah Grace is a doll baby! What a picturesque face!

Well things here are pretty rough. I am still sick... 103.1 fever today, Emi is spitting up, and Aly (my 2 yo) is running a fever too, though thankfully not as high... and Brad is gone. Oh the life ;) Trying to get the kids to behave, get school done, get rid of this crazy headache, and survive ;) But overall, God has blessed!!!

~ Shannon

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page