Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2016 :  11:50:57 AM  Show Profile
Prairie Tammy...that is a Great Card!!! Really Pops!!! I Love It!!! Good Luck Girl with this New
Business...I'm praying for you to have HUGE success with it!
The Rug is turning out really Pretty too!!! The Color Combination is Striking!!

Sabrina...that Dragon Blanket is Adorbs!!! It really turned out Darling!! And three cheers for
Grandma. It just wouldn't have worked with any other colors! Speaking of your mama...did we scare
her off The Porch??? I hope not! Glad to hear everyone is WELL at your house! Now mama can get
somethings done that have probably been driving your bonkers.

Lorena...I Love your NO MAN "Woman Cave"!!! LOL Oh, that would be such a fun project to work on
and so enjoyable because it's just for you. You must show us before and after shots of it. And
maybe some in-between ones too. That is just too perfect Girl! I envy you!!! My hubs and I get along
really well...but there are days since we both retired that I could so use an escape place.

Yesterday went out with my youngest son and family. We went to Brunch and then shopping at World Market.
It was lovely and fun. Middle son ended up canceling on breakfast with me. Which worked for me. But
even though he said we would do it sometime this week...he won't fallow through if it is anything like
the past. We've been there done this before. I will be pleasantly surprised if he does!

Well, we have a week of rain coming...I'm sick of rain...have I mentioned that? LOL

Hey, does anyone like True Stories of American Indians? My mom bought me a book called "Red Thunder"
that is a true story of one American Indian Family (particularly from the young boys viewpoint). And
it is really good. I am 1/16th American Indian and our tribe is from the Kentucky area but this book
takes place in the Pacific Northwest (in Idaho). It is a fascinating read so I just wanted to recommend
it.

Later Gators *and my grandson then says "don't let the bedbugs bite!"* LOL

Blessings and hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Dec 2011-Farmgirl of the Month
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

Don't allow others to steal the Glitz from your *SPARKLE*

Life is too short to knit with ugly yarn!

Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch

Edited by - LadyInRed on Mar 07 2016 11:54:28 AM
Go to Top of Page

queenmushroom
True Blue Farmgirl

985 Posts

Lorena
Centerville Me
USA
985 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2016 :  2:05:56 PM  Show Profile
Oh, my husband and I get along fine. I find that when I want to do a project, I get interrupted. sometimes it's me interrupting myself. sometimes it's him. Love my husband dearly. I found one on a local buy and sell page on facebook. I just don't have the funds for it yet. but I really can't wait. If my hubby balks, I'm going to tell him it's this camper or a horse. Lol.

The dinosaur wrap is so cute!

Lorie

Patience is worth a bushel of brains...from a chinese fortune cookie
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2016 :  6:16:12 PM  Show Profile
Oh good gosh the posse is out!!!! Yikes!!! Here I am flying in fast and furious!!! I know I have been in and out lately. School has just been a pickle lately. I have parents who think they can give ultamatiums on how I grade. I tell you that required some serious prayer on my part to just not give them a piece of my mind. Thankfully God knew I would need a couple of days and I had the weekend to think how to respond. Really I am parent and I am all for sharing concerns and I don't expect my parents to agree with every decision, but it is my class and I have the right to do what I feel benefits the whole of my class. So today they went over my head. But I had already clued in my principal. I mean these parents have kids who made an A+. What more could they want. The day I have to do parent ultamatiums will probably mean I would have to quit. I am not perfect, but today parent's think they should tell us how to do our jobs. I don't tell them how to do theirs. Goodness if I was a nurse, I would be on the floor often from fainting....lol

I have had my hands full with our puppy too. He has been sick this weekend. He got into something that upset his tummy and we are trying to get him back to himself. If he doesn't feel well in a day or two, we will have the vet take a look at him. Jax just looks at him like really you didn't need to do this for attention...

I watched war room last night and boy was that an eye opener to me. OH to have someone like Miss Clara. So I am in the hunt for my own prayer closet. It will take some doing but I know that God is in on this and nudging me. Just loved it.

ok I think that covers my chaos of late..hahahahah
love to you all,
Tammy

PS Peggy look what happens when you say posse...hahahahahahah

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Purple Skies
http://mypurpleskies.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

queenmushroom
True Blue Farmgirl

985 Posts

Lorena
Centerville Me
USA
985 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2016 :  3:04:54 PM  Show Profile
Tammy,

It's so hard to bite your tongue. I get it. Trust me, I do. I am a very direct and blunt person, but that is my personality. I could never do your job. I don't know what to tell you. I guess maybe ask them if the last time they got a raise at work, did they go into the office and demand it or did they earn it? Or maybe rephrase it to say the last time that you got a raise, you didn't demand it, that you earned it. the parents might not like it, but maybe they'll get it.

Lorie

Patience is worth a bushel of brains...from a chinese fortune cookie
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2016 :  3:54:55 PM  Show Profile
Teacher Tammy...Oh, my goodness...no wonder you are hiding out and trying to cool-off your wings
from those who feel that they and their children are entitled. What is wrong with People these days? Like
Lorena, I am pretty forth-right (I have been called 'Brutally Honest') with people though I do try to wrap it in grace (not saying Lorena doesn't) just that I know I do because of my love for God and his Children...but man there comes a point where you have to set some boundaries with people who seem to have none of their own. I am Praying for you girlfriend!!!

Lorena...I know what you mean about biting ones tongue...even when I worked Christian Retail I considered it a good day if someone hadn't questioned my faith, my store products, or just verbally went off on me in
a tirade about something. Unfortunately, Some Christians think they are entitled even more so than non-Christians. Especially if they are dealing with another Christian. It is just so sad!!! God must just shake his head non-stop some days.

OK...I'm cleaning, doing laundry and trying to stay awake...I am so tired and in such pain from the Rain.
I wish it would just flat out go away!!! We are suppose to get an inch of it today....and it is a very
cold rain too. Brrrr! Hubby and I were out in it for awhile this morning and early afternoon. It just
makes you want your PJ's, Slippers, Hot Coffee/or Hot Chocolate and a good book. Even my dog doesn't want
to go out in it and he usually isn't bothered by rain. Got my Easter Shopping done for the grand-kids today. So...that is taken care of. Got my youngest son a couple things for his birthday but will give
him a Gift Card for the Main Gift. Then he can get what he really wants! He's Happy, I am Happy and it's
all good. My Husband thinks Gift Cards are impersonal...and I totally disagree...what is more personal
than getting exactly what you want and/or need? My husband usually gives silly gifts that nobody wants
in the first place...and then is upset if somebody returns it. LOL

Ok...girlies...I'm off to get some more housework done.

Hugs and Blessings,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Mar 09 2016 3:57:35 PM
Go to Top of Page

Sobyn
True Blue Farmgirl

752 Posts

Sabrina
Kansas
USA
752 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2016 :  12:20:14 PM  Show Profile
Well ladies everyone in my house has stayed well so far, although they do all seem more tired than normal (well everyone but the baby who still isn't sleeping well). Speaking of we are going to try to start tapering off his night feedings this weekend so pray for us.

It has been a pretty productive week here with everyone well and getting back on schedule with things. I even managed to exercise 3 times!! Yay!

Not much else to share.

Tammy I'm praying everything works out, that sounds like a difficult situation. I love teaching but I could never teach in a school between parents and legislators telling you what to do I'd loose my mind. But I'm thankful there are wonderful people like you to do it!!

Sabrina

Farmgirl Sister #3275
February 2016 Farmgirl of the Month
http://kidscrunchandchrist.com

Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2016 :  06:32:42 AM  Show Profile
Good morning everybody. I woke up at 4am and haven't been able to get back to sleep so I decided to log into work early and get a head start on my day. One of the advantages of working from home lol. Either I'll start to crash and take a nap later or I'll get done really early today. It's looking like it's going to be a sunny day out. Temps this weekend are supposed to be in the 50's so it looks to be the start to a beautiful weekend. Matt's bringing the camper to the house to start tearing out. I have to work tomorrow :O( but at least it's an early shift.

I'm a bit unhappy with LegalZoom. After I talked to them last week I thought everything had been filed. Nope, got a call Tuesday night saying there was a problem. Since I was at work I couldn't call back until Wednesday. It was one of the same issues we'd covered on the phone call the week before and the girl hadn't updated it so it set the filing back another week grrr. Crossing my fingers nothing else needs to be corrected.

Tammy - I'm with Sabrina on this. I could never be a teacher in today's mindset. I wanted to be a teacher growing up and loved homeschooling my kids but even then saw the problems starting to develop in the public schools. If something doesn't happen there won't be any good teachers left. There will be a backlash at some point, it happens in everything, but I don't know if it will be anytime soon. I'm sorry you're experiencing this.

Well I best get back to work. Have a great weekend everybody!

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://ndprairiegypsy.blogspot.com/

Jamestown, ND
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2016 :  10:07:57 AM  Show Profile
Hey Girls...if I remember right Teacher Tammy works for a Christian School.

Prairie Tammy...how exciting about your Camper!!! What a fun project! Sorry you woke up
so early and couldn't go back to sleep...but getting on the job early has it's benefits!
Especially on the weekend.

Sabrina...so glad that your family are all getting better. The tiredness can hang on for awhile.
With Day-Light Savings Time Change this weekend...that will mess me up for a few days...and I will
be extra tired too.

Had a Great Bible Study last night and my baby girl Savannah Grace came with her mommy and other
Grandma. We had one lesson and a Beth Moore Video...so I got to hold her through the video.
One of the other gals at study...had been on vacation last week and while in Pasco she found a
Children's Boutique and while there she found the cutest Purple Sunbonnet for Savannah. Which looked
so Adorable on her...and will be nice if we ever see the Sunshine again. LOL

Grandma Patti and I are baby sitting our two sweet angels tomorrow night while mommy gives daddy a
Birthday Night Out with all their friends. After Patti and I get the kids to bed we are going to
have a Crab Feed!! We have such a good time together!! Should be a FUN Night.

Ok...off to Walk my Heart Out/Off!!!

More Later Girlies,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Mar 12 2016 12:08:11 PM
Go to Top of Page

Sobyn
True Blue Farmgirl

752 Posts

Sabrina
Kansas
USA
752 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2016 :  11:12:20 AM  Show Profile
Oh Tammy I'm sorry about the frustration with getting your business started! Hope things get better.

Peggy-random trivia we actually don't change times until Easter weekend. It is different for Europe (no idea why) which makes it interesting when I want to call back to the states because the time difference is different those two weeks! Glad you said something though I have a webinar on Tuesday and I probably didn't figure the time out correctly!

We thought about going to an Easter market today (they are a big deal here) but we ended up going to Neuremberg Castle instead. They had a really interesting exhibit all about the rulers of Germany and their role in the Roman Empire during the Middle Ages. We only got to see about half of it before Daniel decided he was no longer interested in castles or history so we had to rush through part of it to leave so we didn't bother everyone else.

Tomorrow the town the base is in has an Easter market so we will probably go over to that between Church and AWNAN. I'm sure it will be small but that is ok. I really want the tree and some decorative eggs that the Germans all decorate with so hopefully they have that-that is really all I want!

Sabrina

Farmgirl Sister #3275

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2016 :  12:17:18 PM  Show Profile
Sabrina...I have 3 of those decorated Eggs and I just love them. I think a farmgirl sent me one,
I bought one at an Antique Mall and maybe another farmgirl gave me the third one...if I'm remembering
correctly. They are so beautiful! I think an Easter Fair (big or small) would be really fun to go
to. Hope you get the chance. I'm sure the Castle was interesting too. It is always hard to keep kids
from getting bored when they are small...what seems like something fascinating to you...not so much
for a little person. I know from raising my 3 boys and now with my grandkids too. Very short Attention
Span.

I just went out to get the mail and noticed that our car has a flat back tire. Not fun to change in the
pouring rain. Glad we have Road Side Assistance on our insurance.

Better go...thinking about going back to bed for awhile. This rain is just reeking havoc with my fibro/chronic fatigue.

Blessings and Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

Sobyn
True Blue Farmgirl

752 Posts

Sabrina
Kansas
USA
752 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2016 :  05:53:09 AM  Show Profile
Well we went to church and came home because the market doesn't start until one. Well Sydney started feeling bad and is running a fever so no market for us. Dustin went to get his workout done so he can stay home with her and the baby while I take anyone who is well to awana later. Usually he works out then either runs errands or works on school while the rest of us go to awana. There is such little time between church and awana anyway that unless we all go together we don't have time for the market. But he said he would stop by and look for a tree and some eggs. Hopefully we can make it to one next weekend. Also hope syd isn't sick long. Same stuff as before, fever, cough, sore throat, headache. People are saying it is the flu and it is going around through everyone here. It doesn't seem to last long enough to be the flu though 3-4 days. I don't know.

Sabrina

Farmgirl Sister #3275

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2016 :  2:19:48 PM  Show Profile
Happy rainy SonDay Porch-Buds! We had a warm week and now a cooler weekend. Might have thunderstorms tomorrow.
I guess Patsy is having a good visit in CA with her son. They went to the beach one day, went horseback riding one day and did some sight-seeing. Her SIL left yesterday to drive home(NC)so keep her in mind as God reminds ya. Thanks! She has her 15 y.o. G-son with her for company so she's not entirely alone. She's braver than I. Patsy will stay till they have enough of each other, then she'll fly home. *giggle*
Not much happening round here. I really liked thane dinosaur blanket. That was a lot of work.
Toodles for now!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"
"The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it is on my list!"
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2016 :  07:53:53 AM  Show Profile
Good morning everyone! Life has been chaotic around here, so I apologize for being MIA. Aly is doing SO MUCH better! I still keep her out of the sun during the hottest part of the day, and when she is outside, she has sunscreen and rash guard long sleeve shirt on. But overall, she is doing really really well. I have been trying to find activities to keep her and my 4 yo educationally and structurally entertained. I'm doing FIAR with them again (why oh why do I stop???) as well as some other activities that fit within the theme. I am also going to try to do more science experiments with them. We will see how that goes!!! In order to help keep myself structured better, I have decided to start scheduling lunches with the kids making them... Aly and my 4 yo will help me make Bento boxes on Mondays that will fit within their theme. Tuesdays, my 7 yo dd will be making some type of quesadilla - today is chicken. Wednesdays my oldest (12 yo dd) will be making a type of salad - this week is caesar with freshly made dressing. Thursdays my 10 yo ds will be making pizza. Since Thursday is St. Patrick's Day, I think we are going to add spinach to the crust and add green peppers as a topping. Friday will be sandwiches made by my 8 yo ds. Fridays are our field trip days if we have one, so that will work perfect :) I am also starting Trim Healthy Mama I think. My younger sister is coercing me into it ;) Though in all honesty, I NEED to do SOMETHING!

TeaLady Tammy - I am so so sorry! I know how much you enjoy your job, and the fact that parents think they have that much right in the school system - public or private, is ridiculous! If they want to give ultimatums, they need to just homeschool. Then and only then should you have the responsibilities and rights they are claiming. I kinda find it funny - in a ironic sense, that homeschoolers are fighting to keep the responsibilities and rights that the private school parents are claiming.

Prairie Tammy - oh how I hope things work out for your business!

PeggyAnn - how did babysitting the grand babies go? I think it is so neat that you and the other grandma get along so incredibly well!

Sabrina - I have been longing for one of those trees and wooden eggs for a long time now! My cousin was stationed over there 12 years ago and I have loved them ever since!!! They are intricately decorated! He says they also decorate regular trees with the eggs... hundreds and thousands of them. Is it true? Sorry t hear your kids are sick again/still. We are dealing with allergies here.

Judy - so very very happy to hear that Patsy is enjoying her visit!!!

~ Shannon, Sister # 5349
Farmgirl of the Month - January 2016
http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Sobyn
True Blue Farmgirl

752 Posts

Sabrina
Kansas
USA
752 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2016 :  08:15:55 AM  Show Profile
Yes all the trees have eggs hanging off them. There isn't a specific tree for the eggs (I just learned this) they just use small treees, shurbs, potted trees, or branches they cut off and stick in a pot!! LOL The trees outside in yards all have hanging eggs too and they often put a branch or a small evergreen in a pot right outside their door and hang eggs on it. I love that part of it here! I just want some eggs. I have some the kids made just need to add ribbon but I'd love a couple fancy ones!

Sabrina

Farmgirl Sister #3275

Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2016 :  08:45:22 AM  Show Profile
My cousin has a tree he puts up every year that he got from there. It looks like a real leaf-less tree - not sure what it is made from!

~ Shannon, Sister # 5349
Farmgirl of the Month - January 2016
http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Sobyn
True Blue Farmgirl

752 Posts

Sabrina
Kansas
USA
752 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2016 :  1:32:30 PM  Show Profile
Hmm I wonder where he got it, that is what I wanted but D says it doesn't exist. But a lot of people do just use branches.

Sabrina

Farmgirl Sister #3275

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2016 :  2:34:57 PM  Show Profile
Sabrina...Target carries them and so does The Dollar Tree. Your mom could probably help you
again with that...if you don't have those stores in Germany.

Judy and Shannon...thanks for coming and hanging out with us...Sabrina and I feared the Rapture had happened and we were the
only ones left on The Porch. ROFLOL

Shannon...the Tag Teaming the Grandchildren went Fabulously once we
got Mama out of the House. This was her first big night out with baby taking breast milk from a Bottle. Which Savannah Grace did wonderfully on the bottle. My DIL is such a Sweetheart but
she makes being Fashionably Late look like an understatement. They
were an hour and a half late to her husbands party which she was
throwing. She was an hour and a half late for her own Wedding. And I'm sure she will be late for her own funeral (if that is even possible). Her Mother isn't like that at all...so she gets it from her Dad who is always late for any Family Function. My Son has the
Patience of Job and never gets on her case (because if you do...she just has a Melt Down). Anyway, all their friends are pretty use to
it but The Mothers find it frustrating. I have gone to watch the kids before Patti (was living with them) and I would sit for 3 hours waiting for them to get out the door. I am a 10 - 15 minutes early person and so is Patti...so we are just going crazy inside and trying to keep our thoughts to ourselves. Anyway...we have all learned to pick our battles and that isn't one we choose to deal with.

I need a new Laptop...Judy knows the fits I have had with this one...the last couple of years. But I'm trying to decide if I want to get the Ipad Pro with a Keyboard or just go with another laptop.
The Prices are so similar that really the choice is mine. So, I'm going to Best Buy today to look further into it. I am really leaning towards the Ipad...but I'm just not sure. Have to go get a hands on demo to make up my mind...I guess.

More Later My Porchies.

Hugs and Blessings,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Mar 15 2016 2:52:26 PM
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2016 :  08:30:45 AM  Show Profile
Happy Friday yall
I am off today for a small spring break. Then next week we go three days and have five off for Easter break. It has been a beautiful morning. Spring is slowly arriving and I had the house to myself this am. Going to have lunch with my mom for her birthday. She turned 70 this week and then have a hair appointment. Just enjoying the day.

Just wanted to pop in and say hello. Have a great day ladies.
Love and blessings,
Tammy

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2016 :  11:16:21 AM  Show Profile
Happy Glorious Friday My Porchies...

Teacher Tammy...So glad you popped in darlen! Sounds like you have a fun day planned. Isn't it
wonderful to start feeling like you actually might see Spring after a long and crazy winter?
We have now had over 36 inches of rain this winter. Now everything is flowering and we get one
or two sunny almost warm days and then back to 5 days of rain. If I start quacking on here you'll
all know why. LOL

I ended up buying a Ipad Air 2 and then ordered the case with a blue tooth keyboard. The case should
come today. I have decided to go ahead and insure the Ipad and also get a Military Grade Titanium
Screen Guard for it. I have one on my Iphone and I have dropped my phone before and that harder
screen guard has kept the glass from shattering on my phone. Well worth the investment. I hope I made
the right decision going with that over the laptop. I think I have but won't know until I have it
all set up and am using it. I looked at the Ipad Pro but the screen was almost the size of my current
laptop...and I wanted to go smaller...so the Air 2 was the next step down in size. I ordered a purple
case for my Air 2...(of course she did) you are all thinking *giggle*. I'm hoping every time I use my
Air 2 I will fondly remember my VW Bug...because it was the sale of that, that allowed me the $ to get
my Ipad set up. I just loved my bug to drive...but I have never owned a vehicle that fell apart as
fast as the bug did. Found out it was one of the two really bad years for Volkswagen cars. Not
that I needed to read that confirmation...I could have written the review myself. LOL

Well, today is suppose to be the last Sunny Day of the week but it is gray an overcast at the moment and
about 25 mile an hour winds and it's cold out there.

OK girlies...do something Fun this Weekend but stay out of Trouble. LOL

Blessings and hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Mar 18 2016 11:19:34 AM
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2016 :  5:51:03 PM  Show Profile
well I love the whole purple idea Peggy for your cover. That is my signature color lol
love and blessings,
Tammy

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2016 :  7:51:01 PM  Show Profile
Hi Girlies, just had to check in and say...accckkkk...winter's coming back this w/e!!! 28 tonight, 40 tomorrow, and 1 inch of snow tomorrow night. It's been so windy all week. Typical for March, but some awful gusts.
Peg, I still feel bad about your(lemon)beetle. Mine has been so wonderful.It's a '99. What was yours? So sorry to hear that you've had so much rain all winter, knowing how miserable it makes your body feel! Big hugs kiddo!
TLTammy, hug your Mum and wish her a Happy Birthday from me! Missing my sweet Mama so much!
Well, that's all for now. G'nite mates!* giggle*

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"
"The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it is on my list!"
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2016 :  02:01:40 AM  Show Profile
Teacher Tammy...my signature color too girlfriend! I am happy to say that I love the new iPad and my new
case and keyboard are awesome. I used them a lot today. My only problem was remembering that it wasn't
really a laptop...so there was no mouse...but touch screen. Once I programmed my brain to that idea
it was all good. My husband immediately said, "Well, I will buy you a wireless mouse for it." I said,
Thanks but no thanks...the whole idea was to make it smaller and more compact for using both at home
and to take to Barnes and Noble or where-ever I want to take it. My husband just can't understand why
anyone would want smaller when they can go bigger. LOL It's a man thing I guess!!!

Judy...my bug was a 2005. I am missing it already because it was just the right size for me and so fun
to drive. It just fit me and my spunky personalty to a T. Driving my husbands Buick is like floating
a boat down the freeway. I can drive it but I don't like to drive it...if you know what I mean. I'm so
glad you have a nice dependable Beetle Bug. I think I would be afraid to buy another one...but I need
to find something else. I so don't want to just be a one car family (oops...I mean couple). When I
want to go to the store I want something zippy...you know?

Ok...I'm tired. I do know what you mean about the Wind Judy. For the last two days...on both my walks I've
literally been pushed down the street. And even though I used a half a can of hairspray each day *giggle*
the wind just laughed at me and said, "Oh, I can fix that!"

Anybody reading any good books lately???? I'm still trying to finish the American Indian book my
mom bought for me. It is Excellent...but by the end of the night I am so tired from walking 5 miles a day
that when I go to bed to read...I keep falling asleep after a page or two. Makes me spitting mad because
I love to read!!! The two hours I use to use for a nap is now used for walking...so by 2 in the morning
I'm bushed. And it just hit 2 am so I'm off to bed.

Have a great weekend...and I'll check back tomorrow.

Hugs My Porchies. Oh, I found the cutest Welcome to My Porch Sign today...I have to order me one.

Sweet Dreams,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

cajungal
True Blue Farmgirl

2348 Posts

Catherine Farmgirl Sister #76
Houston Area Texas
2348 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2016 :  07:39:26 AM  Show Profile
Hey Porchies!! Sorry I've been m.i.a. Lots to share but I'll save it for a later time.

The tea packages are going out today!!

Blessings,
Catherine

Catherine
Sister #76 (2005)
One of the best compliments from one of my daughters: "Moma, you smell good...like dirt.

Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2016 :  11:53:16 AM  Show Profile
Wow, it's been quiet on here. Where is everybody? Enjoying the nice weather? Jordon came down for the weekend with the crew for his birthday. It was too much to hope it would go as calmly as it did last time. GF couldn't shut her mouth and was practically yelling every time she talked. I'm wondering if she was off meds or something. Good news is she's decided Fargo isn't going to work so they're back to moving back here to Jamestown (happy dance). One of my neighbors is having her flooring done and the guy mentioned this morning he's looking for workers. I've got his card and already texted Jordon the info to contact him lol

As far as the business, I haven't heard anything form LegalZoom so that's good news as it should mean there's no problem. Matt also came home from helping his buddy with his race car this morning and informed me Nick is putting me on his car as a sponsor for all the work Matt's doing so that's awesome free advertising. So now I need to get a decal designed and printed for his car.

Peggy - Sorry to hear about the flat tire. Nothing is worse then dealing with such things. Glad to hear you go your new IPad. I'm thinking once I get the business going I may need to get a tablet combo to use exclusively for the business so I can have them digitally sign on the tablet instead of printing all the paperwork out. Let me know how you like yours after you get it.

I bought a Zuku Stick this weekend so we've been playing around with all the free channels. I suggested in the past possibly getting rid of cable tv and using this instead but the man was adamant he needed his cable tv for channels. Guess who suggested yesterday that if this works we might consider dropping cable LOL MEN! We'll see how it works. I did find a new mystery drama on Netflix that we both liked. It takes place on a reservation. Skinwalkers: The Navajo Mysteries.

Reading: I finished Amish Redemption by Patricia Davids. It's a Love Inspired novel. Pretty good.

Okay, I've got to get back to work.

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://ndprairiegypsy.blogspot.com/

Jamestown, ND
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2016 :  3:02:14 PM  Show Profile
Hi My Porchies...

I had a really great weekend. Walked a lot on Saturday. My longest walk was an hour and 45 minutes.
The dog refuses those kind of walks...so it was just me and my mace. LOL My son had given me a very
slim in the palm of your hand type canister a few years ago...but I never felt like I needed it around
my neighborhood. But now that I walk my second walk at dusk out side my immediate neighborhood or in the dark (in my complex)I started
carrying it. The funny thing was there was no instructions for it. He got it free when he bought his
pistol. I had to laugh because I said to him, "What?....if you can't shoot your pistol they give you
mace spray for a back up if some one is burglarizing your house?!" Cracked myself up!! ~ Anyway, Saturday
I'm looking at this little canister thinking...you know Peggy you should test this thing out to make
sure you know how to use it #1. and #2. make sure it still is good. So, I stopped along the side of
the street and aimed it away from me and sprayed. It worked and I got some blow back on my hand and a fine mist in
the air. My nose immediately started running. The quarter size circle on my hand started to sting so
I leaned down and wiped it off on some wet grass. So, all was good...except for my runny nose. LOL The
color was a bright orange red (no not my nose but the spray) so I figured they must have used Cayenne
Pepper. It was still good and would really stop some one if you got them in the face. My son says that
they now have a gel spray that once it is on their face you can't wipe it off or wash it off because it
re-activates it. Wow!!! Potent stuff! The only time I ever had to use mace was years ago when a big dog
started after one of my kids. BUT it was windy that day and it all blew back in my face!!! The dog
dig run off (probably from my screaming) but then I was a mess. LOL Only Me!

Prairie Tammy...we ended up having to get 4 new tires. But we don't travel like we use to so they ought
to last a good long while. Good thing we had just sold the Bug and had a little money in our pockets.
I love my iPad Air 2 and with it having a keyboard case it is even more Awesome.

Oh, I forgot to share that my youngest son took his wife and both us grandma's out to get Pedicures on Sunday. The first one I have had in 25 years and I forgot how much I loved that kind of pampering.
And I have very pretty sparkly toes now...but no body can see them because it is too cold for sandals. But I know they are pretty so I guess that counts.

Gotta dash. More Later!

Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Mar 22 2016 11:57:31 PM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page