Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

Sobyn
True Blue Farmgirl

752 Posts

Sabrina
Kansas
USA
752 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2016 :  01:27:58 AM  Show Profile
Sounds like you all had a good weekend!!

Shannon-I hope things are going ok for everyone.

We had a good weekend and yesterday I was pretty productive, got all three bathrooms scrubbed, finished the dragon blanket (pics soon! he isn''t cooperating right now) and got my stuff ready for CC wed. Now I'm off to try to be productive again today!

Sabrina

Farmgirl Sister #3275
February 2016 Farmgirl of the Month
http://kidscrunchandchrist.com

Go to Top of Page

queenmushroom
True Blue Farmgirl

985 Posts

Lorena
Centerville Me
USA
985 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2016 :  05:51:32 AM  Show Profile
Dear Lord you have it in your power to heal this poor baby. Touch her with your healing hands. Gather her family in your arms and hold them close and be with them through this tough time. In the beautiful name of Jesus amen. Shannon...call your local Shriners organization. They pay for injuries like this no matter the family's ability to pay. At the age of 8 mos., my son pulled himself up on a lit gas wall heater and burned his hand. Mom had the Shriners number on standby incase he needed skin grafts etc. Thank God, he didn't need them and there is no scar and has full use of his hand.

I've started my garden plants. Some of it was old seed. Some of my seedlings have started. I have crocuses and snow drops starting outside as well. I

Well, have a nice day all.

Lorie

Patience is worth a bushel of brains...from a chinese fortune cookie
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9244 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9244 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2016 :  10:00:31 AM  Show Profile
Just popping out to the porch for a quick read. Things here are getting nicer weather wise.
Today is beautiful out. I hope that doesn't mean March is going out like a lion!
Lorena, looking forward to getting my seedlings started soon!
Keeping all those in need in prayer.

~Denise~
Farmgirl Sister #43

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/
http://www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Sobyn
True Blue Farmgirl

752 Posts

Sabrina
Kansas
USA
752 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2016 :  11:47:27 AM  Show Profile
Now my oldest is sick....good grief we need to get over this ick!!!

Sabrina

Farmgirl Sister #3275

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2016 :  12:22:50 AM  Show Profile
Lorena...Awesome Prayer...and I agree with you and stand in the gap with you on Shannon's daughters
behalf!

Denise...I love having you on The Porch more!! Our March weather here has come in like a Roaring Lion.
It was really sad today...so many downed trees from high winds and saturated soil...a pregnant woman
was headed to work this morning (Portland area) and a tree came down right on top of her and killed
both her and her baby. She also has a 3 year old at home. My heart just aches for that whole family.
Keeping them all in my prayers!

Sabrina...sorry you oldest came down with the "ick" too. Hopefully it will make the rounds until every
one is well and feeling hunky dory once again.

I had my sweet Grandson over here today, while mommy took baby Savannah in for a scan of her hips and legs
since she was in a breech position for 7 days before they turned her. They wanted to make sure it didn't
cause any permanent problems and it didn't. She is doing good! ~ Anyway, Elijah and Grandma had fun. But boy those little ones can wear you out something fierce. I took an hour nap after he left. LOL I had him
for about 4 hours and we played all kinds of silliness. He is such a good kid! My little Charmer. I also,
talked him into a hair cut. I hadn't given him one in about 4 months. I could not believe how much hair I
cut off that kids head. I could have made a wig for somebody. LOL I strip him down to his diaper and set him on the counter in the bathroom and give him either my Iphone or my Tablet...and he is still a moving target even with that to entertain him. Like a nut
I had cleaned my bathroom this morning before he came...I should have waited because I got to clean it all over again. LOL Hair
every where.

Well, My Porchies...I got my 10,000 steps in even though I didn't make it to The Fitness Center today. Just
chasing around The Boss Baby...gave me a good work-out and walking the dog twice. How I managed to find
two times when it wasn't raining today is beyond me...but I did.

OK...off to read my Murder Mystery and I probably will fall asleep early from Grandma exhaustion.

Hugs & Blessings,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Dec 2011-Farmgirl of the Month
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

Don't allow others to steal the Glitz from your *SPARKLE*

Life is too short to knit with ugly yarn!

Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch

Edited by - LadyInRed on Mar 02 2016 12:27:43 AM
Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2016 :  09:08:18 AM  Show Profile
Judy - thank you, thank you, thank you!!!! I got my package this morning and was so excited. I love everything you sent and appreciate it so much. I really needed a "pick me up" about now. The teas look yummy, and I can't wait to make some in my new mug, put it on the sweet smelling mug mat and open up that book to read. In fact, maybe I'll just do that instead of cleaning house - good idea?

I'll try to take a picture soon and post it. I'm not very good at getting photos to load, so if it doesn't work, forgive me!

Love to you all,
Luanne

beekeepersgirl #691

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.

My blog: finallyafarmgirl.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2016 :  09:50:10 AM  Show Profile
Luanne, Wow, you got that package fast. I know you're just right next door but WOW! Usually it goes to Maine, Michigan and Mississippi by way of Africa, Australia and Asia.... then you can have it! Right? Ya'll know what I mean? Ok let me stop before I get on a roll and type a 'novel of nonsense.' Lol
I've been listening to Joe Magee...the fast talking, southern sounding preacher who preaches on marriage and families.(look him up on u-tube)He's GREAT!!! I don't even have a family but if I did I believe I'd want his books AND I'd listen to every tape he ever put out!!! He cracks me up... with God's Truth about marriage!
Sabrina, honey, You deserve a day-spa somewhere... maybe 2 or 3 days?/! BIG((((HUGS)))))
Enjoy your gift Luanne, I hope it lifts your spirits! I enjoy doing it! Oh... and when the mug-mat starts losing it's sweet scent just roll it with a rolling pen. Waa-laaa! Smelly again!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"
"The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it is on my list!"

Edited by - herblady55 on Mar 02 2016 09:52:21 AM
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2016 :  11:22:00 AM  Show Profile
Yeah Luanne...glad you got your "Lift Me Up" Box from Judy. That was fast! One of my MJF
Friends got a pkg on Monday that I mailed on Saturday and she lives in Tenn. I was like
you Judy...no way, no cross country travels and back...she got it before the Easter Holiday
is over...What???? You can tell when the Postal Services are slllooooowwwww!

Yup, I was right...I fell asleep reading last night. Boy my little guy can run Grandmama ragged.
Good for me though...and I wouldn't miss once second of the FUN!

Ok...off to Barnes and Noble to work on my Bible Study Lesson! After all I have to Teach it tomorrow
night...I guess I better get it prepared don't you think?

More Later My Lovelies!

Hugs and Blessings,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9244 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9244 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2016 :  4:43:28 PM  Show Profile
Oh Peggy how horrible of an accident. I will pray for her family.

~Denise~
Farmgirl Sister #43

Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2016 :  6:00:39 PM  Show Profile
Evening ladies! We're getting hit with snow AGAIN! Probably just a dusting they say but we had a dusting by 6 so we'll see. I doubt it will be much but I'm ready to be done with it. I want a nice decent blizzard and since it won't give me that it can go away lol. It's damp with the snow so I made myself some potato soup with bacon bits on top for supper. Nice and warming.

Had to take Oreo and Tip in to the Vet on Monday. Oreo was for her heartworm but also for her coughing that's getting worse and worse. Matt was insisting it was cancer and the Vet would tell me to put her down. Nope, it's just further problems with her collapsing trachea like I told him and she's on another medication now to help with that. She has a weird growth type thing on her right shoulder that he keeps insisting is cancer and she needs to be put down but it's an inverted hair follicle and not an issue other than looking nasty. To say the man was highly disappointed that he was getting rid of my favorite dog is putting it mildly. His dislike of her is just out of porportion and weird. Tip has been having diarrhea off and on for well over a month and it's getting worse so we took him in to get checked and he's got some type of bacterial problem so he's on two antibiotics and probiotics. These guys are on more pills than I am!

I put in for my LLC. I went with Prairie Critter Pet Sitter, LLC. Got contacted by LegalZoom that there may be a problem with it because there's a kennel in Canada with a similar name. I decided to try and if they reject it then it will be back to the drawing board for another name (sigh). I'd already ordered business cards too so I'm hoping I didn't jump the gun too much. Fortunately I didn't join any so I won't have to deal with name change in the worse case scenario. So I'm going to wait (very impatiently) and see what happens with the name. I was also disheartened to find a card at the Vet's office for another pet sitter although there was nothing but a name and phone number on it so she doesn't have a website or FB page apparently. I'm hoping the fact I'll be an LLC along with being licensed, bonded and insured will be in my favor especially since it's costing a fortune.

I've been enjoying my lunches again now training is over and it's no longer like I have to inhale my food to get back to work.

Peggy - I'm getting frustrated with my Flex. I've been wearing it and it will vibrate, which is supposed to mean I reached my 10,000 steps. When I sync it though it's telling me I didn't reach it. No idea why my Flex would be vibrating. It did it last night about 7 and I tapped on it to see if I had and it showed only 3 lights on so I was nowhere close to reaching it.

Well pups want to go out again so I'll end this and then get myself a cup of tea after I come back in and curl up with a book for a bit. Have a great night everybody!

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://ndprairiegypsy.blogspot.com/

Jamestown, ND
Go to Top of Page

prichmond9
True Blue Farmgirl

54 Posts

Peggy
Pelham Tennessee
USA
54 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2016 :  6:45:42 PM  Show Profile
Sending you all some daffodills blooming now, spring not far away. Great sweater weather, sun shining, happy March.

Farm girl #5880
Consider the possibilities
Wherever I am, that's where I will be.
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2016 :  9:33:38 PM  Show Profile
Thank you for the flowers Peggy. They are a welcome sight. We woke to an inch of new snow this morning.

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"
"The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it is on my list!"
Go to Top of Page

Sobyn
True Blue Farmgirl

752 Posts

Sabrina
Kansas
USA
752 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2016 :  12:13:29 AM  Show Profile
Peggy-that is so sad about the mom and her baby!

Tammy-I'm hoping your name for your business works out so you don't have to worry about the business cards or brainstorm again!

Luanne-glad you got a lovely package to lift your spirits.

Well I'm glad I was productive monday because the last couple days have been very unproductive. Syd started coming down with this bug tuesday afternoon. Yesterday her and Dave were both sick. Sofia-the one who had it before-is running a slightly elevated temp but not a fever and is acting pitiful but hard to tell if that is just for attention since the others are getting it. Anyway, we missed CC yesterday obviously. Both temps went up over 103 at some point. Sydney still has a temp this morning. Dave doesn't but he took motrin early this morning so that may be why. So it isn't looking like we will make our coop tomorrow either. The baby has been acting fine but he hasn't been sleeping well so as usual I'm exhausted.

I'm hoping do get a few things done from my to-do list today. And I guess I'll have tomorrow available since I won't make it to coop. I have a blog post that just needs to be edited and posted. I have neglected my blog for the last six weeks. I also have to write something to submit to my writing group for critique by next week. On top of all the normal stuff and taking care of sick kids. I've had horrible writer's block so I'm hoping to finally work through that!

Speaking of writing last weekend I turned in the first three weeks of Social Studies curriculum I was asked to write for Schoolhouse Teachers (an online subscription for homeschoolers that has curriculum for lots of different ages and subjects). I got an email back on Monday that said she loves it and it will go live on April 4th!! My husband brought me flowers Tuesday to celebrate me "getting published" for the first time. Now I just have 31 more weeks to write lol.

Alright, I better go start my day and see what I can accomplish!

Sabrina

Farmgirl Sister #3275

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2016 :  12:25:12 AM  Show Profile
Judy...I read your post saying Thank you for the Flowers Peggy and I'm thinking wait I did take
some flower pictures today but I haven't posted them yet. LOL *Scratching head* Then I saw our
other Peggy's post...nice daffodils (that is what I took pictures of too) LOL Anyway, that is
what happens when you read from the last post backwards. Ya miss some important "facts".
I'm glad you are getting your snow Judy. I want warm Spring Days...I'm so done with Winter Rains.

Peggy...did you plant all those daffodils out in the grass? They look so pretty that way! Thanks
for sharing those!

Tammy...what does Matt have against Oreo? I hope she lives a good long life despite her health issues.
She is such a pretty dog and looks so sweet. My Scotty Terrier is 6 yrs old and he is already starting
to slow down on our walks. I want him to live a good long life...so, I have dropped my pace to not over
tax him...and then I use my time at The Fitness Center to do more intense walking (better exercise for me).
But if I try to walk him more than the one walk per day (which I will at night if I need more steps) he
is starting to flat out refuse to budge. So, I bring him back to the house and I finish getting those last
couple hundred steps by myself. He is so funny! I think he is even more stubborn than I am. LOL
Wow...I know nothing about the flex Tammy but do you clean your prongs regularly with a cotton ball and
a mild astringent? I do my Charge about every 2 weeks both the inside of the band and the prong things.
I would email the people at Fitbit and ask them what they recommend or why it would be doing that. That
is really frustrating I'm sure. Are you syncing to your computer or tablet or what? I sync to my Iphone.
Maybe you aren't syncing often enough. So your Flex says you have your steps in but your other device is
getting the syncing. Does that make sense? I was having trouble with my Fitbit App. the other day on my
phone...all of a sudden it quit showing my steps all together. Then I discovered that it had dropped from the first thing I saw on my App to the last thing I saw in the column of tracking. Crazy...and I'm not sure why. So, I now at least know where to find my steps on my phone. I was going to try and uninstall my
fitbit app and then re-install it and no matter what I tried it would not let me do it. Why? I don't know.
Hope you find out some answers to your problem.

Denise...thanks for praying for that young woman's family. I can not even fathom the heartache of that
freak tragedy. But I do believe that God does give us all an expiration date so to speak...and when it is
your day to go home...it's your day.

Well, hubby and I have a family luncheon tomorrow (oops...I mean later today) with his sister and BIL of his sister who died last April. We try to get together every 3 or 4 months to just catch up on everyone's
lives. So, I better call it a night as tomorrow is going to be a long busy day and evening (my bible study
night).

Nightie Night Girls,
PeggyAnn

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2016 :  05:30:23 AM  Show Profile
Good morning dear porchies. Thank you thank you thank you for the prayers for Aly, Ben, and our family. I have wonderful news to share... Both are doing incredibly well! Ben had the staples taken out of his head Tuesday, and the burn center says Aly looks wonderful and is basically healed!!!! We keep putting vaseline and gauze over the areas, but she is doing really really well! God is so good!!!!

~ Shannon, Sister # 5349
Farmgirl of the Month - January 2016
http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2016 :  07:43:20 AM  Show Profile
Good morning porchies! We also got about an inch of snow and everything is white and pretty again. Forecast is for the 40's this weekend so I doubt it will make it through the day.

Sabrina - totally understand about feeling unproductive. I've been having sinus and ear issues the last couple days and just haven't gotten anything accomplished that I wanted to get done. I'm having two teeth extracted tomorrow afternoon so I wanted to spend Tuesday and Wednesday nights getting the house cleaned so I wouldn't have to worry about it this weekend and I'm not getting hardly any of it done. So don't feel bad we all go through it with these germies going around.

Peggy - what beautiful flowers! I can't wait until we start seeing some. I went back to look at my lilac bush yesterday with plans to cut it back massively this weekend and discovered there are already buds on it from all the warm weather we've had so it looks like my pruning won't happen until next year.

As for Matt, he says he was "forced" to take her, which is not true. My youngest daughter was the one that trained Oreo so she wanted Oreo. When she couldn't take care of her any more I took her back in with his permission. Oreo has been our dog since she was a pup. He agreed to take her in so why he hates the poor thing so bad and claims he was "forced" I don't get. I'm frankly getting really tired of it because I hear it multiple times a day. Makes me wonder what he'll move on to when she dies. He knew what he was getting into when he started dating me and before he proposed to me. I was upfront about being a mother of 4 kids and about loving my dogs and being an animal lover so his constantly being mad over anything to do with either is his own fault because I was brutally honest going into the relationship. I guess the biggest issue is he knows I'll chose the dogs over him if he ever pushes it too far. I don't consider kids or pets disposable items. He honestly told me a couple weeks ago he felt I was "abusive and neglectful" because I won't put Tip down because he's had three seizures in six months. Tip's seizures are controlled so I see no reason to even consider it at this point and the vet agrees with me. If they had continued at the level they started at I would have put him down by now because I know the chances of brain damage were getting too high. Old age isn't a reason to put a dog down, you just adjust life to what they can handle. Surprisingly he did offer to foot half the vet bill since it was so high even though they are "my" animals.

I hadn't thought to clean my Fitbit so I'll have to try it. I need to recharge it as I keep forgetting to wear it the last couple days.

Shannon - So glad the kids are doing better and healing well. That's got to be a weight off your mind.

Okay, I've got to get to work. Have a great day everybody!

Farmgirl Sister # 2363

Jamestown, ND
Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2016 :  07:44:42 AM  Show Profile
Well, I took several pictures of all the wonderful goodies I received from Judy - however, when I try to upload them here nothing happens - anybody have any idea what I'm doing wrong? I select the photo, click on upload - and nothing.

beekeepersgirl #691

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.

My blog: finallyafarmgirl.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

Sobyn
True Blue Farmgirl

752 Posts

Sabrina
Kansas
USA
752 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2016 :  09:10:21 AM  Show Profile
Shannon-so glad everyone is healing well!!

Tammy-sorry your husband gives you such a hard time about the pets. Mine gripes about ours but our pets are neurotic and I gripe about them too, regardless we keep them and they are very very well cared for. We flew them over here with us and we will fly them back to the states with us. We have decided that my dog needs a dog companion. He has terrible seperation anxiety but does really really well with another dog around when we dog sit. We aren't allowed to have more than 2 animals here and it is expensive to fly them back so we have to wait until we get back to the states but hopefully another dog will help with a lot of his issues. Now if I just knew how to get the cat less stressed and get her to clean herself so she didn't get the awful mats she gets in her hair.....

Yes it is a bit frustrating to feel "unproductive" but the most important thing I have to do is take care of my kids so really....I'm productive even if my to do list doesn't get done. I just have to keep that in the front of my mind!! I think this illness may be God's way of forcing me to slow down and take a time out from life-even though it keeps me busy in other ways.

Sabrina

Farmgirl Sister #3275

Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9244 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9244 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2016 :  6:37:07 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone! Expecting some snow tonight and tomorrow hoping it is the last time. Our daffodils are up. No blooms yet though.

Shannon, such happy news. Thankful for answered prayer.

Tammy, When we started our business we only had to make sure no one in our area had the same name. We have found there is another company, same name in our same state. I am not sure why you can't have a same name if it isn't even the same country. Hope you get to use it. Sorry about Matt and your animals. We had to put my girl down the end of the year and I still find it difficult. My dad has 2 and my husband has issues with the larger of them. She can be a pain sometimes but I have noticed that when the dogs get older they seem to want to go out a lot. She can be extreme and will go out 5 minutes after she's just come back in. She paces a lot too. Drives JT crazy. But what can you do I won't have anything done with them unless they are beyond hope healthwise.

~Denise~
Farmgirl Sister #43

Go to Top of Page

Sobyn
True Blue Farmgirl

752 Posts

Sabrina
Kansas
USA
752 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2016 :  03:16:40 AM  Show Profile
Well I took the kids to the doc this morning. It occurred to me last night that some of their symptoms are consistent with strep, plus their temps were getting almost to 104 which is just a bit high for comfort for me. But they don't have strep so that is ruled out. Just some sort of viral ickiness. That said they all seem a little better today. I cancelled all of our Sunday activities for this weekend so we can just stay home and try to get well. I'm also washing all sheets and disinfecting everything. Hopefully that will get rid of it. It is a nice day too so I'll probably send them out for a bit to get fresh air. Hopefully we can wave goodbye to these germs this weekend!

Sabrina

Farmgirl Sister #3275

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2016 :  09:43:40 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning My Porchies...

Sabrina...Sounds like you have a good plan to chase That virus away! And the fresh air will be good
for the kids too. Smart mom you are! And canceling weekend activities is really smart too.

Shannon...I'm with Denise, and Sabrina...that is great news about the kids and an answer to our prayers!!! Wow...how much more can one family take? I hope you get a nice long break from all the drama and that life even seems a little boring for awhile. LOL

Denise...I think I would check with your Vet and see if they have some medication for dogs with an
over-active bladder. That sounds like it might be worth checking into and could be an easy fix.

Luanne...are you just trying to upload one picture at a time? Check your picture size...it might be
too big or too many pixels to upload or maybe you aren't waiting long enough...it will say down at
the bottom of your screen that they are trying to link you with MJF...sometimes that takes a few
minutes to go through if MJF is overly busy. That is all I can think of. Or you can try to send the
picture to Judy via email and see if she can get it to upload on here.

Prairie Tammy my husband and I have started several different businesses over the years and it doesn't
matter what another Companies Business name is unless you are in the same State. The only way it would
matter is IF your company is going to do International Business. So, I can guarantee you will never
hear a peep from this other Company. ~ Yes, try cleaning your Fitbit with a very mild face astringent
on a cotton pad. That works great. Some people have told me that they use rubbing alcohol but I think
that is way too harsh. You can get a mild astringent at WalMart for a couple of bucks. I just so happen
to use one on my face every morning so I had it on hand. It is the sweat from your arm and dust that
is what you are cleaning off. Also Cj (another farmgirl)who uses a flex said that she found that canned
compressed air that you use on your keyboards etc to clean them works really well on the prongs for
your fitbit too. Hope those tips help. ~ And you go girl... when it comes to YOUR kids and fur kids no man
should be allowed to over-step his boundaries in those areas. I am all for trying to find a happy bridge
and meet half way but if push comes to shove...the man is Out! And I am happy that you laid it all out
out for him in the beginning.

Well...I had a really good Bible Study last night. Beth Moore is taking us all over the place on weekly
topics...but it is making for great discussion and learning.

My middle son (the one who is a bachelor) is getting on my last nerve. He and I are complete opposite
personalities. He is an extreme introvert and I am an extrovert...but where our true clash comes from
is that he thinks his Mother and God has ruined his life. He is 37 years old and blames everyone but
himself for his problems. He isn't good with relationships of any kind...because he thinks it is ok to
verbally vomit on everybody. And he is always telling my DIL's how to raise their kids...and he has none.
But he swears he single-handedly raised my youngest son...because I didn't know how. Anyway, every family
member has un-friended him on Facebook or blocked him because of all this. His know-it-all attitude comes
from his insecurities but he doesn't see that. Anyway, please pray for my attitude towards him. I dearly love him but I get so battle weary with him. Sometimes the hardest people to love and get along with
are those of your very own family. I just want to him Man-Up and quit blaming me, God and the World for his problems. I am going out to breakfast with him on Sunday (that means going to Sat. Night Church which
is fine) and he invited me so he wants to pay for it...but I need prayers that we can just go have a simple
but nice breakfast with out the drama and attitude on his part. Thanks girls...I appreciate that!

Teacher Tammy...I'm thinking about Saddling up the Posse! LOL Where are you girl????

OK...I have a migraine, so I'm out of here for now.

blessings and hugs,
peggyann

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Mar 05 2016 12:27:51 PM
Go to Top of Page

queenmushroom
True Blue Farmgirl

985 Posts

Lorena
Centerville Me
USA
985 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2016 :  11:52:12 AM  Show Profile
God does answer prayer! Glad to hear your children are much better Shannon

I've been inspired. Now I've got to gather up some much needed money to get a small camper. I live off grid, but my house is very small. About the time I begin a project, I need to clean it up for meals, cleaning etc. Well, I figure, my husband has a garage then I need a camper. I plan on turning it into my studio. I can leave a project, if I have to, for later. You figure, they run off a generator. They have propane for heat when it's cold. I can get a battery pack to run the 12 volt lights, a sewing machine and when I do laundry, I can charge the batteries to the camper. I'M STOKED! I have got to get the car and a credit card paid off first which would be by the end of this year, so it's going to be a while. The only problem I see is mouse control. We get them terrible. But I'm excited. I've got a price range and it's going to be glamped for my use. Can't wait. My crafty side has been calling for a long time. I could make stuff and sell them on etsy or if I just want to disappear, I can. I will have storage space for fabric and sewing machine and scrap booking. I can put skirting around the bottom to keep the floors warm in the winter. And the best part...NO BOYS ALLOWED! LOL.

Have a good weekend all

Lorie

Patience is worth a bushel of brains...from a chinese fortune cookie
Go to Top of Page

Sobyn
True Blue Farmgirl

752 Posts

Sabrina
Kansas
USA
752 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2016 :  04:09:04 AM  Show Profile
I finally figured out how to get my phone to sync up so I can share the pictures of the dragon blanket that was so much trouble with getting the yarn!!! It is a little big for the baby so this is my 4 year old modeling. Daniel loves it though!

Sabrina

Farmgirl Sister #3275

Go to Top of Page

Sobyn
True Blue Farmgirl

752 Posts

Sabrina
Kansas
USA
752 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2016 :  04:09:47 AM  Show Profile
Oh and it SEEMS like everyone is well! Hopefully it stays that way!

Sabrina

Farmgirl Sister #3275

Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2016 :  07:58:34 AM  Show Profile
Sabrina - Congratulations on getting published! How exciting for you. That dragon blanket is adorable. Glad to hear the kids are back to being healthy again.

Denise - I went through LegalZoom to file everything and they contacted me that there might be a problem. As I said, I'm hoping it will go through with no problems as I really like the name.

Lorena - Your camper idea is great! We're so excited to get started on ours but mine will allow a boy, at least in this one LOL I've considered doing the same thing as Matt can be disruptive while I'm working from home after he gets up so I've considered maybe renting the empty lot next to us and putting a trailer on it for my office and crafting. If we'd gotten a bigger one I might have gone through with it.

Matt was excited about the warm weather so he replaced the electrical harness on the camper yesterday and I think it was some type of converter on his vehicle. Now he can legally drive through town as the lights work on the camper. Next weekend he's thinking about bringing it home so he can start the rip out.

The weather was beautiful this weekend. It was in the 60's yesterday. Everybody was running around in sandals, shorts, and short sleeve shirts. I got out and took the pups for a walk yesterday it was so nice.

I did work on the rug yesterday and got a good amount done. I wish I could say I'll finish it this week but it's my h*ll week schedule so I doubt I'll touch it, unless I work on it on my lunch. There's about 8" left.

I'm getting really excited as my business cards came in the mail this weekend. I'm glad I went with the blue as it matches the website gingham color. I wish I'd gotten this going sooner as I could have gone to a vendor event next weekend to promote. I'll have to start watching for events that I can attend.

Well time to get back to work. Have a wonderful day everybody!

Farmgirl Sister # 2363

Jamestown, ND
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page