Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - May 30 2010 :  8:37:03 PM  Show Profile
Marie, some pound cake sounds so good! I spent the afternoon at the beach with my Mom's friend. It was the perfect day for it, too!
God's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - May 30 2010 :  11:19:47 PM  Show Profile
Oh, how is everyone on the Porch tonight? It has been a long day for me...but I am happy to kick my shoes off and curl up on the Porch Swing and have some of that lb cake. Not much for lemonade myself...but a good cup of coffee sounds mighty inviting. Hang on ... and I'll just bring the whole pot out with some extra cups!

Remember to Thank a Veteran this Weekend!

Blessings,
~peggy

Lady In Red
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com
http://womenjustforthehealthofit.com

A "SMILE" Should Be A Woman's First Accessory, Then Her Purse, Shoes, and Bling! ~p.smith
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - May 31 2010 :  07:16:55 AM  Show Profile
Peggy, for me, I love lemonade! That, water, and milk is all I drink! Happy Memorial everyone!
God's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

Go to Top of Page

chickenwrangler
Farmgirl in Training

10 Posts

Julie
Eastanollee Ga
USA
10 Posts

Posted - May 31 2010 :  12:22:56 PM  Show Profile
Hi, I'm new, can I join you on your porch? A broody hen has taken up residence on my porch and everytime I go out there she puffs herself up and starts squawking at me. She's been there for about a week so, if her eggs were fertilized, we've got another 2 weeks to go until my family can use the porch again. Meanwhile, virtual rocking is pretty good!

farmlife blog at www.maytreefarm.com
Go to Top of Page

brightmeadow
True Blue Farmgirl

2045 Posts

Brenda
Lucas Ohio
USA
2045 Posts

Posted - May 31 2010 :  3:41:11 PM  Show Profile
Hey, I've been away for a while, but now I'm back and I'd love to sit on the porch for a spell...

We moved in December, and have delayed the decision to sell our old house, but now that the lawns need mowed the decision is much easier. This week I took vacation but it wasn't a vacation at all! I wallpapered, painted, helped with an electrical circuit breaker panel installation, mowed lawns, trimmed bushes, sprayed weeds, besides cooking and cleaning, and I am tuckered out. It will be a relief to go back to work tomorrow.

So, I'm bringing a glass of Merlot to the porch tonight. Is there room on the swing for a tired old lady?

You shall eat the fruit of the labor of your hands - You shall be happy and it shall be well with you. -Psalm 128.2
Visit my blog at http://brightmeadowfarms.blogspot.com ,web site store at http://www.watkinsonline.com/fish or my homepage at http://home.earthlink.net/~brightmeadow
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - May 31 2010 :  5:44:59 PM  Show Profile
We always have room ladies. Come on and put your feet up!

hugs
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

http://breathsoffaith.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

1badmamawolf
True Blue Farmgirl

2199 Posts

Teresa
"Bent Fence Farms" Ca
USA
2199 Posts

Posted - May 31 2010 :  5:57:05 PM  Show Profile
As usual, when we have a big family/neighbor BBQ, I eat way to much, so don't mind me if I slide into a slump and doze off, just kick my rocker and I'll try and remember what the hell I was saying...

"Treat the earth well, it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children"
Go to Top of Page

Mama Jewel
True Blue Farmgirl

435 Posts

Jewel
Sweet Peas Farmette, Bend, OR
USA
435 Posts

Posted - May 31 2010 :  7:08:20 PM  Show Profile
Hi! I'm new here :-) Just got back from posting on the Welcome Wagon (hee hee). We just finished dinner of corn on the cob, garden burgers & baked beans (yummy!). I'll bring over some fresh baked rhubarb pie (warm from the oven) & a cup of hot tea. Wearing my warm woolies socks cuz it's chilly. Any room on the porch swing?

barefoot in my organic garden eating fresh veggies with my kids, living simply & naturally
Go to Top of Page

Rxgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

216 Posts

Dana
Id
USA
216 Posts

Posted - May 31 2010 :  9:05:00 PM  Show Profile
Chilly here tonight too. Gonna have to bring a blanket and cup of warm tea to the porch tonight. I'm pooped and can't wait for a little R&R this evening
Dana

"He who throws mud only loses ground"-Fat Albert
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - May 31 2010 :  11:39:06 PM  Show Profile
Hi Girls...How is everyone tonight?? I tried coming to the Porch two other times today but
my computer just had other ideas and wouldn't cooperate! But, I finally made it.

WELCOME TO ALL OUR NEW "PORCHIES" (I didn't coin that phrase one of our other virtual porch sitters did
but I think it is so cute, I find myself using it all the time now!)

Hope everyone had a fabulous weekend or at least not a bad one. For me, every day that ends with my sisters on the Porch...is a good day!

Lady In Red
http://womenjustforthehealthofit.com

A "SMILE" Should Be A Woman's First Accessory, Then Her Purse, Shoes, and Bling! ~p.smith
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2010 :  04:21:06 AM  Show Profile
I'm so early to the porch I believe I'm the first one this morning. It's 7 am here and I'm up with my little one. I've been takin care of the scraped up Hubby and tryin to hold the two gardens and the house together solo since early saturday morning. The rain last night and this morn will keep me in the house till this evening. Then I have to make a quick as can be sweep to pick up all the mulberries I can and make up some jam for the farmers market wednesday. For those who don't know my Hubby wrecked the motorcycle and is pretty bummed up. I guess I didn't realize just how hard it is to go it alone. My Hubbys biggest jobs were gettin up early with the little one and givin her a bath and breakfast, puttin on the coffee, heavy liftin of everything needed, and keepin the little one with him so I could work the gardens quickly. He was always kinda in my daily background handlin what I considered the little things and pickin up the slack when I was runnin behind. I didn't realize how hard my day would be if he couldn't take our little one and run out to grab the wash off the line for me while I worked on the dishes. I'll be so glad when he's back up and around. I have coffee here for any and all. Lots and lots of coffee...

Farmgirl Sister #1438

God - Gardening - Family - Is anything else important?
Go to Top of Page

wellswillow
True Blue Farmgirl

159 Posts

Marcie
Branchport New York
USA
159 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2010 :  06:04:52 AM  Show Profile
Good morning! June is busting out all over.....sing along as you work!!! It looks like we will have some showers today, could really use them.

I see many of my columbines are blooming and irises still coming out. I still have to plant some of my flowers.

Have a wonderful day!!! I need to get going for a busy day of delivering meals, shopping and helping a friend.
Marcie

I enjoy chatting with my friends.

Sisterhood Member 1114
Go to Top of Page

simplefancies
True Blue Farmgirl

117 Posts

Tami Lynn
Longview WA
USA
117 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2010 :  06:07:24 AM  Show Profile
Angela,
I'll join you on the porch. I't 6:05 here in the NW. After 4 days of camping I'm finding so much to do. So sorry to hear about your husband. It sounds like you've gained some insight into just how much he means to you and your daily life.
I'm going to go get a pot of coffee going in the percalator. How do you like it?

www.theporcelaindesk.blogspot.com
1 Tim. 6:8 But if we have food and shelter, we will be satisfied with that.
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2010 :  06:59:42 AM  Show Profile
I just came in from a truly wonderful walk through my garden! I took my coffee and a few hand rolled smokes (my big bad habit) and went to the garden while the baby napped. I know I should be working, but I needed a break. I found my pea plants totally covered with beautiful pods! And it was so nice and cool, after bein in the 80s all week I needed some cool. Then I got a wonderful call from a good friend who talked to me for about 30 minutes, so needed, as well. I feel so recharged and relaxed. I'm ready to take on this day now!

Farmgirl Sister #1438

God - Gardening - Family - Is anything else important?
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2010 :  1:15:24 PM  Show Profile
Hi girls...I am on the Porch after a nice walk. Decided if I was going to get one in that I better hurry before the rain started.

Tami...I hope you weren't TENT camping. We got a lot of rain and are suppose to have heavy storms tonight and tomorrow. It already looks dark outside at One in the afternoon. I always hated tent camping in the rain...any other time I loved it.

Angela...I don't even look at my vegetable garden lately. It is so water logged that each time I go out there another plant has just rotted from the ground up. I just decided that this probably isn't my year for a good garden.

Well, I would sure take a cup of that coffee if there is any left.

I need to go clean up the house but I feel more like playing. Oh, well my kids are all grown and on their
own it is just my hubby and me and the dogs...so, I have developed the attitude that "If Not Today...then the work will still wait for me tomorrow." No one else is going to care or do it for me. LOL! Talk to you later girls.

blessings,
~peggy

Lady In Red

Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2010 :  2:39:43 PM  Show Profile
I only have one day of grade school, then I'm officially a freshman in high school! Glad all your gardens are doing well!
God's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

Go to Top of Page

simplefancies
True Blue Farmgirl

117 Posts

Tami Lynn
Longview WA
USA
117 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2010 :  2:55:04 PM  Show Profile
Just getting off the treadmill. Didn't walk as long as I should have but something is better than nothing right? It's time for a shower (always wait until after walking), fold the loads of laundry from our weekend, get supper going, work on a quilt block and spend a little time with the sock knitting.

Peggy, we've always been tenters but towards the end of last camping season we started staying in our friends trailer. We're always camping together anyways. Yep...trailer is the way to go. This time around we stayed with them. I bought a vintage trailer for 500 but it needs some TLC before being road worthy. We ended up in Naches on Sunday afternoon. 20# of asparagus and 20# of apples picked up. The asparagus has been pickled. Waiting for the jars to cool so I can store them. The apples will hold a place in the freezer as apple pie filling. I must get to work on them tomorrow.
Megan, how exciting to be moving on to high school!

Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2010 :  5:08:56 PM  Show Profile
I have come to the porch this evening to gather my wits...honestly I drove home from getting groceries and got caught in a terrible storm that had golf ball hail and I learned later it was part of a tornado....I tell you what..it was raingin so hard you couldn't see a thing and no place to pull off...trusted God to get me home but I was a nervous wreck. So I am having a cup of tea and sitting here with yall

hugs
Tammy

Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2010 :  8:44:57 PM  Show Profile
Tammy that must have been so scary! My Mom and I drove through an almost tornado once. There was no hail, but the sky was a very scary color.
God's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

Go to Top of Page

Lin
True Blue Farmgirl

807 Posts

Lin
Sioux City IA
USA
807 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2010 :  9:10:39 PM  Show Profile
Tammy, I live in Iowa and that storm you're talking about missed us except for rain and some nasty looking clouds!! Wacky Midwest weather!! When that heat and humidity sets in, you know the storms will follow! Even our 3 inside rescue kitties start romping and howling...they know there's "a storm a brewin'"!!!! A cup of Caramel Drizzle flavored coffee calmed my nerves...we have some huge old trees close to our house, so storms make me really nervous. My daughter only notices the loud cracks of thunder!! Hugs and smiles, Lin

"Our beautiful earth is worth saving"!!
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2010 :  10:15:21 PM  Show Profile
Wow Tammy...that sounds like it would mess with your nerves a bit!!! You just sit back and relax and enjoy the tea and the company. How frightening that must have been. I gather that you're not a Storm Chaser! LOL!
Me Neither girl...that is some kind of crazy if you ask me.

blessings,
~peggy

Lady In Red

Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2010 :  08:26:07 AM  Show Profile
Storm chaser I am not Peggy..I prefer to be safe inside. This morning the birds are singing and the sun is shining and it is a beautiful day. Great day for hanging out clothes and working on my flowers. Have to clean up the yard from the storms. I just wanted to pop in and leave some banana bread and pot of strawberry tea for yall.

blessings ladies
hugs
Tammy

Go to Top of Page

Lin
True Blue Farmgirl

807 Posts

Lin
Sioux City IA
USA
807 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2010 :  08:56:30 AM  Show Profile
Tammy, I'm so glad the birds are singing for you this morning!! I'm so sorry you got caught in the middle of that nastiness. It's a very frightening, vulnerable place to be!! I listened to the news this morning and heard about all the areas that got hit hard. I'm so thankful you made it through okay and even baked some banana bread and the strawberry tea sounds delicious!! Hugs and Smiles, Lin

"Our beautiful earth is worth saving"!!
Go to Top of Page

monicarose
True Blue Farmgirl

406 Posts

Monica
Florida
USA
406 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2010 :  10:15:48 AM  Show Profile
Wow! There's some adventurous Farmgirls out here on the porch...some by choice, some not, but isn't it just so neat that everyone comes to relax on the porch and share their stories! I love how you were scared but you prayed through the whole thing and you made it to the otherside! What a scary thing that is...We've been hot and humid now for a week....with thunderstorms daily....I'm frantically cleaning stuff out ....I have a feeling we're in for a whopper storm year...starting to get my Hurricane cabinet together! Last year didn't buy one thing for preparation, but this year...it just feels different....
I brought some Iced Sparkling waters today! Hope you all enjoy them when it gets hot this afternoon!
enjoy!
Happy HighSchool ahead Knitinchick!You're gonna have so much fun!Enjoy everyday of it! any summer plans?

Living for today! aka: Paper Rose
Go to Top of Page

simplefancies
True Blue Farmgirl

117 Posts

Tami Lynn
Longview WA
USA
117 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2010 :  10:42:00 AM  Show Profile
Wow. What a productive morning. I only have enough time to catch a breather on the porch while I wait for the washer to fill up. I've spent the morning outside (forgot breakfast) cleaning the chick coop, planting honeysuckle, chive, peppermint, thornless blackberries, laying straw out where I want grass killed and working on creating a raised bed on the front lawn. I've decided that while yes, I garden while living in the city, I'm beginning to have the "food not lawn" mentality hence the first raised bed in the front. Perhaps we won't have our larger plot of land (only talking a few acres) for a long while yet. It's time I bloom to the best of my ability right where I am. Well, it's time to get to getting. I need some coffee.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page