Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

2991 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
2991 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2016 :  1:32:09 PM  Show Profile
Judy - we are much cooler today. Had to wear a sweatshirt for milking - LOVED it!!!

Peggy - so sorry to hear about Abdallah. I'm praying for the entire family.

Did anyone participate in the apple pie Sunday? I made a bavarian apple torte instead, but it sure was yummy! There's a few pieces left if anyone wants one :)

~Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701
September 2014 Farmgirl of the Month
http://nndairy.blogspot.com/

"The purpose of life is to enjoy every moment" - Yogi teabag
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2016 :  1:53:49 PM  Show Profile
Yum... apple anything is GREAT in my book! lol
Peg, Praying still!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
FGOTM:Jan.2012
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"
"Give a weed an inch and it'll take a yard!"
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2016 :  6:00:42 PM  Show Profile
Happy Monday ladies,
just a short fly in before I close out my day. It is a beautiful fall day here. I got my step count in and made it to weight watchers tonight. Slow and steady and feeling better as I go. That is always a plus.

Hubby made it home safe and sound and we did some fall cleaning over the weekend. We did not get our list accomplished but we made progress and well life is a work in progress.

Peggy I will let you know what I think of Beth's book. I m not very far into it yet as finishing another book I started.

well that is about all this teacher knows today. Busy day and now time to rest with a pumpkin spice tea.
love to you all,
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Purple Skies
http://mypurpleskies.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2016 :  8:14:04 PM  Show Profile
Good evening ladies. I'm sure Peggy was ready to send out the posse so I thought I'd drop a quick note for being MIA. The last month has been anything but quiet unfortunately. My son's girlfriend got attacked about three weeks ago by one of the 2 ladies that manage their apartment for the owner. She went down to ask them to quit yelling (personally think she went down to nosey, find out what they were arguing about and put her two cents in) and heard the one screaming for help. When she got there she found the other female attacking her partner. The woman then attacked her, throwing her into a wall, when she tried to break it up. Police were called and the woman was arrested and taken away. Then the drama really started. Her partner started threatening the kids that if they testified they'd regret it, yada, yada, yada. The woman that was arrested was on probation for assault and part of her probation was to not drink because she gets violent and she broke her probation so now she's in forced rehab. Her partner is blaming the kids and stands at the bottom of the stairs or outside their door beating on it screaming her partners name or threats. Personally I think she needs admitted too from the sound of it. Jordon was missing work because he feared for her and Jasper's safety. Cops told them it would take a month to get a PPO, which sounds insane to me.

So the kids have been coming here every weekend to get away from it and they decided to break their lease and move back here so we've been job and apartment hunting every weekend. They move into the apartment this Saturday so Friday we'll be going down to finish moving what's left out and bringing it back here. Jordon's friend loaned them a trailer so they can pack and start loading the trailer through the week. Jordon applied and got a job at Walmart so he's ready to hit the ground working once he gets moved. I'm really blessed to know people that think enough of me to push him through the system. Jordon looks absolutely stressed out so he needs out of that mess as soon as possible. I think the only time he's sleeping decently is when he's here. I'm crossing my fingers after this weekend this drama stops. I've enjoyed the grandbaby but I need my space back.

On a positive note, I've had dog sitting jobs every weekend for the past month with several repeat customers. I'm excited about that. I was walking the dogs Saturday morning and nearly stepped on a snake!!!! Nearly scared me to death! When I looked at it more closely it appeared to have no head so I don't know if an animal had killed it and left it on the road or what. I didn't have my phone with me to take a picture of it so Sunday morning when we were walking I was trying to watch for it to take a picture and nearly stepped on it again before I saw it (sigh). It's pretty colorful and the first snake I've seen since moving here. Thankfully no poisonous names in the state.

Tea packets are almost ready to go out but will be probably be a week late unless I get some extra free time this week. I'm hoping Saturday or Monday to have them mailed. Peggy, I cannot find the address list. Could you send it to me so I can get the address labels printed. I'm excited to see how everybody likes the packets and tea :O)

Several months ago as a gift for myself I decided to finally take the plunge and take a Reiki class. I paid the deposit on it and have been waiting impatiently for the class, which is Oct. 1st and 15th. I've wanted to take this class for years so Matt told me not to cancel it, he and the kids can handle unloading without me Saturday while I take the class. I'm so excited to finally be taking it.

After cooking, helping with the grandbaby, dog sitting and working an 8 hour shift Saturday they left my entire kitchen filled with dishes. I've done 2 loads so far and figure I have at least 2 more loads to finally knock it all out. No one raised a finger to help me with anything. Frustrating and why I desperately need me time and the Reiki class will be my therapy. Tried to take a hot bath last night after the kids left and couldn't get enough hot water. Blew a fuse trying to run my space heater and my electric water kettle to heat water. Matt just told me I need to stop taking such hot baths. He went to take a shower this morning and came storming out and asked me why I was running the dishwasher or laundry while he was trying to take a shower. I couldn't figure out what he was talking about because I hadn't run anything. No hot water. Apparently when the fuse blew it shut off the pilot light to the water heater. I think the kids did something because when I tried to plug my kettle in the outlet wouldn't work so that was probably why I couldn't get enough hot water for a bath. I told him he needed to be thankfully we didn't need a new water heater. I've also been listening to Hay House Radio a lot to listen to positive messages.

Okay, to bed I must go. Hope every has an awesome week.

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://ndprairiegypsy.blogspot.com/
Prairie Critter Pet Sitter
Jamestown, ND
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2016 :  8:53:51 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Peggy, what a fiasco for Abdallah's wife at this stressful time. Bottom line is that he is a Christian and his wife is his advocate. Poor girl. You are right, he will be healed here or before Jesus! Blessed be the name of our Lord. Prayers for all of you.
Good that your husband is better than they thought. Most Psychiatrist I worked with were wacky themselves! Be glad you're not going back. How is your husband's gait? Does only one hand shake? Parkinson's has very specific symptoms.
I'm coming on retreat! LOL!

PGT, what a nightmare you've got. Hope everything calms down for you. Good that your pet sitting is going well.

Prayers to all.

Be Blessed and Be a Blessing,
Darlene
Sister 1922

God first, everything else after!

When Satan's knocking at your door, just say "Jesus will you get that for me?"

When it gets to hard to stand, Kneel!

Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2016 :  08:54:12 AM  Show Profile
I'm only going to be on here a minute, but need prayers!!!

Sunday is my oldest's baptism... We have invited our families, and my hubby's mom might come. His dad will be down here, but will not go... long story short, when we were up there for my surgery two years ago, he apparently baptized our children while they were sleeping (he is Catholic) and feels that Katie's baptism Sunday is therefore and "invalid sacrament." I disagree, as does my hubby, but this has obviously caused major major issues, as we feel betrayed (we just found out he did this, this morning. My hubby is ready to cut all ties with his dad! Anyways, please pray that things go smoothly this weekend... Katie's baptism is Sunday and then my hubby's retirement ceremony is Monday.

Oh - and PGTammy - I sent you an email with my "updated for now" address. I don't recall who has October, but I'll need to be in touch with you as well!

~ Shannon, Sister # 5349
Farmgirl of the Month - January 2016
http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2016 :  11:35:58 AM  Show Profile
Shannon, I have October tea. Congratulations on your child's baptism!
And, Congratulations to your DH! What a milestone!

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

Ladybek9756
True Blue Farmgirl

882 Posts

Rebecca
Linneus Maine
USA
882 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2016 :  07:03:50 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Ladybek9756's MSN Messenger address  Send Ladybek9756 a Yahoo! Message
Shannon congratulations on your child's baptism and your husbands retirement. I know that when Paul retired it has been nice having him around all the time, most of the time, LOL.

Peggy I will continue to pray for Abdallah's family. It is sad for something like this to happen to someone so young.

Tammy what a stressful situation. Hopefully it will not be much longer before it all settles down and things get back to normal. I guess it is the things that we go through that makes us stronger and who we are that counts.

Just a short stop in to show you a picture outside of my spare bedroom, kitchen, and dining room windows.
The fall colors are starting and this is only the beginning I am told. The field is ours and it is about an acre. We will are thinking about putting it in grains come next spring. It all depends if we have the time and money to do so. The main veggie gardens come first and we have three of them. I also have 5 fruit trees coming in the spring which will go on the other side of the apple orchard. Lots of work come spring. We are also thinking about getting some chickens, but I don't know if we will have the time to fix up the chicken coop in time.

Well better go, Fed-Ex is here with my greenhouse.
Becky

May the stars carry your sadness away. May the flowers fill your heart with beauty, and may hope forever wipe away your tears.

Edited by - Ladybek9756 on Sep 30 2016 07:22:32 AM
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2016 :  07:46:10 AM  Show Profile
Good morning ladies! It's a crisp 46' here this morning with the sun shining. Looks to be a beautiful day to move the kids this afternoon. Everybody seems to be getting sick. Jasper has a upper respiratory infection and stomach flu. They took him in Tuesday night when his temp got up to 104. He's teething too so that's not helping. Jordon told me last night he'd had to take a couple days off because his gf had been sick to take care of her and Jasper and get the apartment packed. Hopefully he doesn't get sick. Matt's claiming he's sick, still not sure what's up with that as he appeared normal to me until he left for work yesterday.

Peggy - could you send me the tea address list? I will be ready to mail on Monday. Did they take Abdullah off life support? How's his family doing?

Shannon - I got your email about the address change.

Becky - what a gorgeous view! I love the fence too.

Have a great weekend everybody!

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://ndprairiegypsy.blogspot.com/
Prairie Critter Pet Sitter
Jamestown, ND
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2016 :  08:10:40 AM  Show Profile
Tammy - I forwarded the tea swap list to you :) Hope everyone feels better soon!!!

Becky - sadly my hubby's retirement is not permanent! Once we get moved, he will be back to working full time!!! This is just retirement from the military! Love love love the Fall colors on your trees!!!!!

Thank you Becky and Judith and the congrats for Katie's baptism - I told her you sent them and she just beamed :) We are very strong believers, so this is a pretty big deal for us! We are extremely joyful and praising God!

Things here are getting really bad with hubby's dad! The depth of the betrayal is really being felt by my hubby. This is suppose to be such a joyous weekend, but it is being overshadowed right now!!!

~ Shannon, Sister # 5349
Farmgirl of the Month - January 2016
http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2016 :  09:52:01 AM  Show Profile
Good morning Porch-Buds. I got up at 9:30 and it was 59 and gray. We had some super hard rains the past 2 days. We have 2 more days of possible rain before it clears out. It's spinning over the Indiana, Ohio, N.E. area so it could be here awhile.
Becky, such a lovely view. So nice to see open spaces. Lucky you. Sounds like you have a lot planned. Don't forget to stop and enjoy that view once in awhile. Don't drive yourself into the ground. Promise me!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
FGOTM:Jan.2012
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"
"Give a weed an inch and it'll take a yard!"
Go to Top of Page

Ladybek9756
True Blue Farmgirl

882 Posts

Rebecca
Linneus Maine
USA
882 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2016 :  3:39:22 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Ladybek9756's MSN Messenger address  Send Ladybek9756 a Yahoo! Message
Judy the whole plan I have set out I figure will take at least 5 years to fully put into place. There is so much we still have to learn and we are going to set out a plan this winter for how we are going to do it. I have a total of 4 fields to use. The littlest field is going to be for small veggies, the middle field for the bigger crops. The other big field at the bottom or our east side we are still working out. We have a apple orchard at the end of it and are thinking of extending it this year to include the other fruit trees and walnut trees along with fruit bushes. Chickens will be hopefully next, it depends on Paul getting the greenhouse up first. We are still in the planning stages. The field in the picture is our play field at the moment. When the snow falls and because of its slope we plan on using it for sleigh ridding. I plan on keeping it for that use until we are to old for that. But right now, I feel young even though I am 60 and want to play this winter. I have many activities planned to keep us young at heart. Hopefully the body corporates as well. LOL Believe me I have no plans of driving myself into the ground. I want to make this farm sustainable and know that I need help. So I am looking into a CSA and having volunteers help with the gardening, have a u-pick as well as a farm booth for things. But this is planned over the next few years, just not all at once. Thanks for the concern.

Becky

May the stars carry your sadness away. May the flowers fill your heart with beauty, and may hope forever wipe away your tears.
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2016 :  8:32:39 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
PGT, hope you all get better. Poor baby 104 temp is scary. There's a virus that's going around here. I had it and it makes you feel so bad and then ok and then bad again.Everyone that had it said it floored them for about a week! Horrible! Hope you don't get it.

Becky, beautiful pictures. What fun you will have planning and implementing all of them. Can't wait to see you in the snow! I love the snow and everyone thinks I'm crazy. We're never to old to have fun!

Shannon, congratulations on your daughters baptism and your husbands retirement. Your FIL had no right to do what he did but as a Catholic he isn't allowed to baptize anyone unless he is ordained to do so. It's not a valid baptism under their doctrine is it? Let your daughter have her special day and ignore his drama. Vengeance is mine says the Lord. Stay calm and let the Lord handle it. You are the parents and you have the say. If FIL wants to act crazy he'll look like the fool. Everyone has control freak crazy in their family but you don't have to play the game. Stay strong!

Judy, we have the same weather you're having. We do need the rain. Turned the heat on tonight. Feels good.

I had my 5 year clean mammogram today and I praise God for my continual healing. He is faithful and I am blessed! Sisters make sure to get your mammograms!

Darlene
Sister 1922

Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

2991 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
2991 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2016 :  1:45:15 PM  Show Profile
Just popping on for a minute as it's already milking time. Love your view Becky!!! I want to go sleding with you this winter! I love snow too Darlene. Congrats on being the farmgirl of the month Darlene! I hope you have a great month. It's lots of fun. Hope everything is going smoothly Shannon. Tammy - whew you made me tired listening to all you've had going on. I hope you enjoy your class and things settle down for you. Judy - you haven't floated away yet have you? We had a lot of water standing the other day, but we're just mud and puddles right now. Sounds like tomorrow we might not need the rain suits :)

Well, Have a good rest of the weekend ladies. I'm off to work again.

~Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2016 :  5:41:20 PM  Show Profile
Happy Sonday My Porchies...

I just got home from Retreat about an hour ago! It was a real different one this year.
I had one problem that had to be addressed and I didn't want to address it. The Holy
Spirit kept me up all night. As you've heard or know there is NO Arguing with God...He
always Wins. There was a lot of tears, requests for Forgiveness, and hugs...and hearts
were being mended right there on the Spot! It was Beautiful! But for several women it is
going to take a little more prayer and perspective. I Love each Woman and I have no doubt
that they love each other but life gets messy, frustrating, difficult, and we have to not
allow the Enemy to get a Foothold.

Then one woman last night had an allergic reaction to a new medication and we had to
call The Paramedics. She ended up going in to The Hospital for further testing as she
is Diabetic and has had two severe Strokes in the past. They decided that she had just
gotten overly dehydrated but they caught another medical problem with her...which is a
Hernia. So now she can have that taken care of. God works in Mysterious Ways! Amen?

Our Friend Abdullah pasted away a week ago Monday. The day we left for Retreat they had his
Funeral. He had a Green Burial. My son said it was Peaceful and Wonderful! We will attend his
Celebration of Life Service on Oct 16th.

Darlene...it sounds like FGOM Congrats are due you!! How Fabulous! Enjoy your Month Girl!

I'm really tired I will share more tomorrow!

Hugs and Blessings,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Dec 2011-Farmgirl of the Month
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

Don't allow others to steal the Glitz from your *SPARKLE*

Life is too short to knit with ugly yarn!

Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch
Go to Top of Page

Sobyn
True Blue Farmgirl

752 Posts

Sabrina
Kansas
USA
752 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2016 :  05:33:09 AM  Show Profile
Wow I'm way behind and I'm sure I missed a lot...

Peggy-so sorry about your friend.

Shannon-congrats on your daughter's baptism I hope the weekend didn't go too bad. When do y'all move? What happened with your house?

PTammy- I'm sorry your son had to go through all that ridiculous drama. Sometimes I just don't understand people....

Well I was crazy busy cleaning last week with the inspector coming this weekend but I got it done. I did however decide that I'm paying someone to scrub the showers when we move out. Doing that again may put me in labor!!! Now that my house is clean I just have a few bins to go through and make sure they are organized the way I want before the movers come and some things to get rid of but I feel like I"m on the downhill side of preparing to move. Everything is still good with our house. Our VA appraisal was basically perfect and the homeowners are fixing a couple minor things that were found during our home inspection and our loan is approved so now it is just waiting for closing!!

Once our stuff ships I'm planning on keeping some books and an embroidery project with me to work on. I figure I'll take advantage of the time of not having as much to clean and not having other projects to work on to get to some things that have been waiting!

Darlene-congrats on FGOTM!!!

Sabrina

Farmgirl Sister #3275
February 2016 Farmgirl of the Month
http://kidscrunchandchrist.com

Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2016 :  9:11:25 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Thank you all for the congratulations on FGOTM! I am truly humbled and flabbergasted!

Sabrina, You must be exhausted! I pray for an uneventful move for you. Can't wait to see your house when you put your spin on it! What fun.

Peggy, sorry for your friend. Tragic. Retreat must have been a rip! Tears are good. LOL! It's your birthday this month! What do you want?

Going for my flu shot tomorrow. Did you ladies get yours?

Darlene
Sister 1922

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2016 :  11:01:32 PM  Show Profile
Darlene...send me Nothing!!! A Birthday Card is always nice but I don't need a thing other
than that.

Shannon...your comments about the Baptism and your FIL already baptizing them while they slept???
I can well imagine how upsetting that was to you. My ex-husband did the same thing one summer
when the boys had visitation. He was just trying to do it before I could...he knew I would be so hurt by it and he was right. I hope it all went better than you expected it would...even without him there. ~ Also, thanks for getting the Tea List to PTammy for me. I had asked Judy to and
she did also I believe.

Heather...glad you can jump on a little more frequently. It's nice even it is just for a quick
update.

Teacher Tammy...are your Butterfly Wings back in fluttering order?

Prairie Tammy...I am glad that your son and girlfriend and baby got all moved...and that he is
working. That must be a big relief. Kind of nice that you will get to see the baby more.

Becky...did you get all your wood in? And all your Bush-whacking done? Can't wait to see some
pictures once you get snow.

Judy...what is new with your Sissy? She doesn't get on here much any more but I miss her.
Is she getting use to being back at home yet? And what are you and Hubby doing. I hear you have been getting a lot of rain. Keep try girl or you'll mold!

More tomorrow,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

Ladybek9756
True Blue Farmgirl

882 Posts

Rebecca
Linneus Maine
USA
882 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2016 :  09:42:09 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Ladybek9756's MSN Messenger address  Send Ladybek9756 a Yahoo! Message
PeggyAnn sorry to hear about your friend passing away. I hope that the family is doing okay. Happy Birthday, enjoy your day.

Shannon how was your daughters baptism? Hope it was lovely for her. It is such a special time and she deserves the day to be free of drama and I hope that was the case. Do you know when you are moving yet? Have you found a new house or is the other house still in the picture?

In regards to the wood, we still have a little left to put in. The gentleman that was helping us came down with the flu, so we have been focusing on other things. We did manage to have the property bushhog and it looks so much better now. My husband has centered most of his energy on the foundation and preparations for the winter. One of our neighbors is a master carpenter and every time he visits us, it costs money. I know his suggestions are for the betterment of this old farmhouse, but we are coming close to the end of funds we have available. On the other hand, because of his position in the neighborhood, it is a true blessing that he has taken my husband under his wing so to speak, and are helping us prepare for the upcoming winter. I have focused my energy on unpacking. I am almost done and hope to be completed within the next couple of days if not at least by Sunday. School starts back for me this coming Monday, so I really need to have all the boxes unpacked and be ready. Fall is beautiful up here and everyone is so nice. I really do feel like I have finally found home and we are fitting in with our neighbors and the community.

Well back to work. I hope to have the kitchen done today. Until later, enjoy this beautiful fall day.

Becky

Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

2991 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
2991 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2016 :  6:24:20 PM  Show Profile
Peggy - what is a green burial? I've never heard of it.

Sabrina - glad to hear things are falling into place for you and that you'll have a little down time to relax. When is your baby due I can't remember.

Becky - I'm so happy to hear that you've found your home. I still think it's kind of funny you went from Florida to Maine :)

There's just a few colors starting to show up on the trees around here. It was in the 80's today so it didn't feel like fall, but the combines were able to get back out today. It's not supposed to rain for a while so there should be a lot of harvesting getting done this week. I crocheted a scarf and a hat for myself and then I made a hat for a Christmas gift. (only 80 days left til Christmas!!!!) I'll see if the computer feels like letting me upload some pictures but I'll do it in another post so I don't loose this one if it's moody tonight :)

~Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701

Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

2991 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
2991 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2016 :  6:37:10 PM  Show Profile

Here's my scarf. It's the biggest project I've done. It's 70 inches long and about 19 inches wide. I'm happy with how it turned out. Now I just need the weather to cool down so I can wear it.

Found this fellow taking a shower in the rain the other day.

Not sure why I like this picture, but I do. It's a buckeye about to fall out of it's shell.

Christy trying to eat my camera. I tried to get a picture with her tongue out, but my camera takes too long to focus.

Our baby jersey is growing up! Nathan decided we should name her pumpkin. I laughed. Pumpkin sounds so cute and sweet - and she looks it - but if you get near her she does one of two things. She tries to eat you or she head buts you! She is the orneriest calf we have!!!! When she's done drinking her milk she head buts her calf hutch. She also buts the straw bale and skid loader and anything else she can reach. It's pretty funny to watch her. She's going to fit in with the bigger holsteins just fine :)

Now to test my luck and submit these (crossing my fingers as I hit the button)

~Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2016 :  7:09:17 PM  Show Profile
Becky...My Birthday isn't until the 25th of this Month...but Thank You! I am already
getting Birthday Cards from The Birthday Group on MJF and that was what Darlene was talking
about.

Heather...A green burial is really cool and not many Cemeteries are doing them yet. I had read about it in a Magazine a few months ago...so, I was already aware of it. But everything is done in a biodegradable container. In Abdallah's case in his Family there are some Christians and some Muslims.
Muslims do not embalm...they prepare the body like they did back in Jesus time. They (the family) take the body and wash it, then put spices on it and wrapped it in a burial shroud. Then instead of using a casket they use a big oval basket...that the family adds flowers all over it...and in the basket is a heavy duty paper liner (more like white cardboard) then they put the body into it and cover it with a basket lid. Then the entire basket is taken to the Cemetery (we only have one Green Cemetery in our area) and lowered into the ground like a casket. Everything...then decomposes and goes back to the dirt. Two weeks after the body is laid to rest...they put a wooden frame over the grave site and fill it up with dirt (like a raised vegetable garden) then the family is allowed to plants trees, flowers etc over the body but they can use nothing that isn't alive and green. My son said it was beautiful and wonderful and peaceful. The Minister spoke first at the Grave Side
and then the Muslim Cleric said prayers in Arabic and all was done. Anyway, Krissy really didn't want the traditional Muslim stuff because her and Abdullah are Christians but she didn't want to upset her Father In Law so she allowed it. Anyway, I think a Green Burial sounds really cool. I am all for the natural decompensation where everything goes back to dust. That part has nothing to do with the Muslim Religion as they tend to bury in natural burial caves.

Today I didn't have my little guy...as I woke up sneezing my head off and I thought I might be
coming down with a cold but as the day went on it was just seasonal allergies. Bummer...I missed my boy! He is such a delight to my heart.

Tomorrow night is Bible Study. One of the girls just quit...which made me sad...but she needs to
go find herself I guess. I love her to pieces and she will always be Welcomed back with open arms. We start our New Beth Moore Study tomorrow night and that is always exciting.

Teacher Tammy...I finished Beth Moore's Novel and I really liked it! I see a sequel in the near future. Let me know what you think of it when you are done.

OK Ladies...I'm tired. I am back into the Fitness Center to walk on rainy days. I had a problem with my fitbit but after some tweaking yesterday with one of their reps...It calculated correctly today. I lost about 6 thousand steps yesterday and was not a happy girl.

Have a good night my lovelies!

Hugs and Smiles,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Oct 06 2016 11:39:21 AM
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2016 :  7:57:47 PM  Show Profile
Heather...we must have posted at the same time! Love Love Love Your Pictures!!!
So glad that you were able to post with no problems.
Your Scarf is Beautiful too...you do lovely work.

Love and Smiles,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

Sobyn
True Blue Farmgirl

752 Posts

Sabrina
Kansas
USA
752 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2016 :  10:00:48 AM  Show Profile
I'll come back and actually read later but Shannon-are you evacuating? Are you safe? Do you have a plan? Is anyone else in the path of this storm? It looks horrible!!

Sabrina

Farmgirl Sister #3275
February 2016 Farmgirl of the Month
http://kidscrunchandchrist.com

Go to Top of Page

Ladybek9756
True Blue Farmgirl

882 Posts

Rebecca
Linneus Maine
USA
882 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2016 :  2:32:13 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Ladybek9756's MSN Messenger address  Send Ladybek9756 a Yahoo! Message
Heather really great pictures. I love the way the cows are trying to get in the picture. Pumpkin sounds quite a hand full. I love animals that are ornery.

Shannon keep safe. You still have a couple of days but stay on top especially if you are in the path of the storm. Matthew sounds like a really bad storm.

We have had a nice day in the low 70s. I took some pictures of the fall foliage on our property and around us. Here a few of the pictures that I took today. The two trees on either side of our driveway.
Trees in back of our house that borders our fields.
This picture is at the bottom of our major field. This field will become our sleighing field. It has a nice slope.

Becky

Edited by - Ladybek9756 on Oct 06 2016 2:36:23 PM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page