Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2016 :  12:49:14 AM  Show Profile
Prairie Tammy...I got the Teas on Friday or Saturday...can't remember for sure as I have had an
insane week. No it was Saturday! All the Tea Flavors Sound Heavenly! Loved the Pretty Card and
what you typed for the Inside. Loved Your Tucks...Oh, man I am so thrilled with the one you made
on the thingy-majig we have discussed in conversations past. LOL How's that for trying NOT to
spoil the Surprise??? LOL You out did yourself girl for everything you had going on in your life.
It makes your gifts all the Sweeter and all the more appreciated by each of us! Thank You for the
extra mile you went under difficult circumstances.

Judy...Oh, my goodness I sensed a little "Testiness" from your Saturday Adventure! Not your cup of
tea huh?? Almost 80 degrees...you got my weather...I'm sure. I've been begging God to stop the rain
and he must have said, "OK, I'll stop it at Judy's!" He has a strange sense of Humor like that some
times! Well, you must have really needed that sleep girlfriend. After that rough day of being on a
River Cruise, eating what ever you wanted, and sitting too long...it must have really worn you Out!
Quit whining...Don't Make Me Unleash The Flying Monkeys! They'll get you and your pretty cat? too! LOL

Tea Lady Tammy...I bet you had an Awesome Time at the Keith Urban Concert! He is rather a cutie-pie
isn't he? I like his music too. I rarely listen to Country Music I always listen to Contemporary Christian
Music...but I watch the CMA every year and I keep up on all the current stuff in the Land of Country
Music that way. ~ Did you return to your same Bible Study Group? I am so glad to hear that you are staying
in a Study. I love My Ladies...they are my Little Flock that God has intrusted me with and I take it very
seriously and humbly.

Well, My Friday through Sunday went like this: Friday we found out that my husband is in Heart Failure.
He had a silent Heart Attack about 3 years ago. His lower heart is the truly affected area. He has 2
leaky heart valves which we didn't even address on Friday as he has a blockage on the right side of his
heart. He is only pumping blood at a 30% capacity and that is affecting all these other lung and brain
issues he is having. They are going in this Friday and doing an Angiogram to see how bad the blockage is
and if there are other blockages. If they can they will put stents in...if they find it really bad they
may try putting in a defibrillator soon there after. So, it's not good! But we will know more on Friday.
I just have to place him in God's hands and leave him there...and we would covet everyone's prayers.

Saturday...I went with my kids and helped them shop. I Love to help spend other people's Money. LOL
Then my good friend Patti and I had both been given Gift Certificates to Red Lobster...so we decided
to go out by ourselves (my first girls night out in years) and enjoy a Seafood Feast. We both love seafood
of any kind. So, we did it up right and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves, pigging out on Lobster Tail, Crab
Shrimp, Baked Potato, and their great cheese biscuits. It was Heaven on a Plate! So, wonderful.

Then today we went to Abdallah's Celebration of Life Service. It was really a Wonderful Time! Lots of Laughter
as well as Tears. There was a huge Pot luck afterwards but my son is a germaphobe so he was not about to eat
food cooked by people he doesn't know. So, we left and went to dinner at Olive Garden for their Endless Pasta.
I have to share a quick incident that happened. I waited in the Pilot with the kids while Sadie and Shane carried
in a huge Donated Order of Hot Wings from Fire On The Mountain...one of Abdallah's favorite places to eat.
Shane later told me that when he went into the kitchen to put down the food...something caught his attention from
the corner of his eye. He turned completely around and there stood Abdallah outside on The Porch in the pouring
rain just nodding his head and smiling! Then he was gone! They did not share this with me until later during the
service. But I was looking at The Memorial Program that had a couple of really nice pictures of Abdallah in it. Elijah
said something to me about the picture and I said to him, "That's Uncle Abdallah...and he's gone to heaven to live
with Jesus." And Elijah said, "No, he didn't Grandma he's on The Porch." And I thought I heard him wrong, So, I said,
What did you say...He said, "He's not in heaven with Jesus he's on The Porch." Well, my son heard that and Said to
his wife, "Sadie, did you just hear what Elijah said? She, said..."No, what?" So, Shane repeats it and Sadie said, "did
you tell your mom about that and Shane said, "No, not yet." So, I asked her what and she said, Shane will tell you
in a little while. So, he did tell me later and I couldn't believe it. I told Shane to be sure and share that with
Abdallah's wife Krissy because that would bring her great comfort. Now, is that strange girls or what? God works in
Mysterious ways and sometimes he lets Heaven and Earth Collide for just a Moment in Time. I truly believe it...because
my Family has experienced it countless times over the years.

OK...I will leave you pondering that and I am headed for bed!

Love and Blessings,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Dec 2011-Farmgirl of the Month
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

Don't allow others to steal the Glitz from your *SPARKLE*

Life is too short to knit with ugly yarn!

Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch

Edited by - LadyInRed on Oct 17 2016 12:58:36 AM
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2016 :  4:57:03 PM  Show Profile
WOW, Peg, that is an amazing miracle! I have Goosebumps!
So sorry to hear about Larry's recent problems, but glad that they are addressing it very soon!
Put-The-Monkeys-Back!!!LOL It did sound like the whining of a spoiled brat after reading all your troubles. So sorry girl!....BUT I'm still fighting the face pain from the shingles!(sticks tongue out at you) So there!*giggle*.... I know, I know... pull up my 'Big Girl Panties' and shut up!!! Right? hahaha

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
FGOTM:Jan.2012
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"
"Give a weed an inch and it'll take a yard!"
Go to Top of Page

Kirksmom71
True Blue Farmgirl

873 Posts

Mel
Dallas Texas
USA
873 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2016 :  5:51:24 PM  Show Profile
PGTammy receive my tea package! Thanx....the teas smell so good and the tucks are delightful !

My best to all,
Mel
Farmgirl #1463
https://www.etsy.com/shop/KirksmomsKottage
http://www.pinterest.com/kirksmom71/
Sassy City Girl with Farmgirl Fantasies!
Goddesses of the Iris

Edited by - Kirksmom71 on Oct 17 2016 5:52:15 PM
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2016 :  7:45:22 PM  Show Profile
Judy...Judy...Judy...just had to rib you girlfriend. You did seem a little testy so I just had to give you a new perspective. LOL
I am so sorry that your Shingles flared. I get that too and it is no FUN! Did you get the Shingles shot? I never did...so, I
just blame myself when I get a flare. The reason I didn't get the shot is because my luck I would break out all over again
in a massive case of it and I just don't want to go there. Once was bad enough! So, I will let you whine
about your Shingles and I will listen with deepest sympathy...and I will pray for you! I have called the Flying Monkey's back!

Well, I finally got out for a walk today after missing 3 days. My heart was just not into it those 3 days. Nasty weather,
concern for my beloved husband and Abdallah's Service. It was just all a bit Overwhelming. It felt good to get my muscles
stretched and active again today. Even though most of my walk was in rain...it was a lighter mistier type rain. The end
of our 4 Day Storms.

Hi Mel...glad you got your Tea, wasn't that a FUN pkg to get???

OK girlies...I'm off for now. More Later.

Hugs and Snuggles,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Oct 17 2016 7:52:56 PM
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2016 :  7:45:41 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Peggy, sorry about Larry. They can do so much to correct heart issues today. That can explain some of his issues. Being tired and sleeping a lot is one. Will keep you both in prayer. Funny about your son and the food...that is me too! My kids tell me I ruined them too! LOL! I was just telling my husband that my Aunt just told me she saw my Uncle again. This makes 4 times. She said he got in bed with her and when she went to touch him he got up and went out the door and disappeared. She had told me about the other times. I asked her if she could tell what was going on when he appeared and she said it was always when she was worried. I told her he was coming to comfort her. Wow your gs saw Abdallah too! They say kids are more perceptive.

Judy, stay out of Peggy's way unless you like monkies! LoL! You must look like a mime with your white face! Put on some gloves and you're set! HaHa! How's Dave doing?

We are supposed to have temps in the 80's this week. I have had enough of this heat. I thought fall was staying! Yikes!

Well off to do more sewing!

Be Blessed and Be a Blessing,
Darlene
Sister 1922

God first, everything else after!

When Satan's knocking at your door, just say "Jesus will you get that for me?"

When it gets to hard to stand, Kneel!

Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2016 :  05:14:38 AM  Show Profile
Good morning ladies! Thought I'd jump on quickly this morning. Due to having the CT this morning I need to start work early to try to avoid using any more PTO than I have to. UGG, hardly slept at all. I woke up about 5:30 and couldn't get back to sleep. Frustrating. I know many of you have the same issue.

It's warmer this morning then it has been. My phone says it's 40' out but I was feeling a little warm in my sweatshirt when I took Lacey out. It's supposed to be in the 60's all week. I need to try and get out on my lunch breaks to walk a bit.

Peggy - I love your pics on Facebook of things you see on your walks. I took some pics this weekend when I was at one of my client's while I was walking their dogs. It was an absolutely gorgeous morning. There were geese all over the lake. There were birds in the trees of this one yard and they were all over the field across the road. As we walked they took off and it was like a moving ribbon of birds. I couldn't have done justice with a picture so I just stood and enjoyed it. No snakes this weekend LOL I'm so glad you liked the packet. I knew what I wanted to put in them, it was just finishing up the main tuck that was difficult to complete with everything going on.

The grandbaby has been over a LOT. Those that have small grandbabies, do you child proof or expect the child to learn not to touch? He keeps going after our electronics on the tv stand and my books, which my living room has 5 bookcases so there are a lot. I have one of those collapsible fabric cubes for some of his toys and have some books for him in that. He also goes after my craft projects that I keep next to my recliner to work on.

Well time for me to get in work mode. Have a great day everybody!

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://ndprairiegypsy.blogspot.com/
Prairie Critter Pet Sitter
Jamestown, ND
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2016 :  12:51:52 PM  Show Profile
Hi girlies. Darlene, Dave seems to be coughing a lot less than before. I can tell he's lost a good bit of weight. His tummy use to drive the car... not so bad anymore. hahahaha. Aren't I a stinker. Hahaha
He's on vaca so he's been resting and napping more. It's good for him. I made sure his 'honey-do' list was smaller than usual. Hahaha
We are suppose to have rain for the next 4 days. By Friday our high is only suppose to be 55...40 at night. Yup...there goes the rest of my posies.
Oh... I got tea-roses for sweetest day Saturday. Anybody else? I didn't even know it was sweetest day. oooops, My bad. Hahaha
Peg, no, I didn't get the shingles shot either. I figure,like you, if it flares up any worse after the shot than it's been doing on it's own... I'd be in BIG trouble. I've heard mixed reviews on whether it helped those who've already had it anyhow, so I figured(homeopathically speaking)I already have it in me... why mess with the shot.
OK, gals, make it a GREAT day!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

Ladybek9756
True Blue Farmgirl

882 Posts

Rebecca
Linneus Maine
USA
882 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2016 :  2:05:57 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Ladybek9756's MSN Messenger address  Send Ladybek9756 a Yahoo! Message
Hello Porchies,
I have been missing for a week or so. It is so busy and time just flies by.

Peggy Ann sorry to hear about your husbands heart problems. I will keep both of you in my prayers. It can be stressful when your worrying about someone you love. At least walking can ease some of the stress, at least it did for me. I miss walking but time is not readily available at the moment.

Tammy I will keep you in my prayers as well and hope comes out clean with your CT. Hang in there.

Judy shingles can be so painful. My MIL had them once and at the age of 88 they were hard on her. Hang in there. I wonder if the shot would prevent them from flaring back up or if it is only to prevent them in the first place. I had thought about getting the shot, however I did not have the chicken pox until I was 25. I know that stress causes them in the first place and I really try to keep my life as stress free as possible, not always but mostly I do succeed.

I am sure that I have missed some so I will keep everyone in my prayers and when I have more time I will catch up, at least I hope so.

Things that are going on around here. First we had visitors the other day. Here is a picture. I counted 29 wild turkeys.
The other chore I had this last week was picking winter apples from our one tree by the house. Here are a couple of pictures of that day. This is the tree before picking the apples. Couldn't resist climbing the tree. My husband had the apple picker for the high ones. This is our bounty We did leave a few left on the tree for now.
The rest of our time has been spent with workers doing necessary repairs. Found out we need a new chimney because we are not in code. They will be starting the work on that in about a week. I am having them put in two new fire stoves. One in my craft room and the other in our bedroom. It should help with the heating of the home, especially when the temps dip into the -40 range. Not much going on around here. We are almost completely ready for winter.

Have a nice evening.
Becky

May the stars carry your sadness away. May the flowers fill your heart with beauty, and may hope forever wipe away your tears.
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2016 :  2:32:16 PM  Show Profile
Yum... apples. Love 'em!!! I smell apple butter and fried apples with butter and cinnamon, like my Gr-Grandma use to make in her iron skillet. mmmmm.... nutting' better. Hahaha
If I could shoot, I'd have a couple of those birds in the freezer for winter meals.

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2016 :  6:30:43 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Becky, the best turkey I ever had was a wild one my hubby shot on our property. We have them all over . Did you ever have one? What are you doing with your apples? Last week I had apples that needed to be used so I peeled and cored them and put them in the crockpot wit h a small amount of water. By supper time we had wonderful applesauce. No sugar needed.

Judy, you're a hoot! Feathers flying at the turkey massacre. LOL!

Darlene
Sister 1922
October 2016 Farmgirl of the month

John 11: 35 Jesus wept.

Go to Top of Page

Ladybek9756
True Blue Farmgirl

882 Posts

Rebecca
Linneus Maine
USA
882 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2016 :  7:33:45 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Ladybek9756's MSN Messenger address  Send Ladybek9756 a Yahoo! Message
I have never had a wild turkey. My husband does not have a gun yet. I bought him one for Christmas. But it seems I will need to buy him one next year for his birthday so he can shoot birds for our freezer and table. As for the apples, I think that the idea of fried apples in butter and cinnamon sounds divine. That is one idea. Paul will be juicing some and I will take the pulp add it to the carrot pulp, add spices like cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and cloves and make a soup out of. The rest I will prepare for the freezer for use during the winter. Some will be put into applesauce and some I will keep to eat. We have the Pioneer Room which is very cold and I am hoping that it does not get so cold that everything freezes, but stores nicely. We will be monitoring it during the winter and see what happens.
Becky

May the stars carry your sadness away. May the flowers fill your heart with beauty, and may hope forever wipe away your tears.
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2016 :  10:05:18 PM  Show Profile
Hi Girlies...

Nice pictures from your Farm Becky. I love seeing all those wild turkeys and all your yummy apples.
I'm with Judy...I love making Fried Apples with Cinn. and Sugar and Butter. Just thinking about it
is making my Mouth water. LOL I also make Slow Cooker Apple Sauce.

Just got home from Bible Study. Husband goes in for his Angiogram at 11:00 in the morning. I am feeling very
optimistic about it and he is thinking he won't make it off the table alive. God has given me total Peace.
I am the total Optimist and my husband use to be also...but I am finding out he isn't about Health Issues.
He thinks I need to be more serious about all this. So, I conceded and said that I know God will take care of
me either way and that I left Larry totally in God's hands. That is as serious as I could get.

So, please say a little prayer for him (and me) tonight if you think about it. I will get on tomorrow night if I'm
not dead tired and update you.

Love and Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

Sobyn
True Blue Farmgirl

752 Posts

Sabrina
Kansas
USA
752 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2016 :  01:02:29 AM  Show Profile
HI everyone!! I have missed a lot, I read through everything and sent up prayers as I came across needs. I know I won't be able to remember everything to reply to so I'm not going to try but know I DID pray for you!!

The movers were here the last two days and all of our stuff is gone now. It looked like they did a decent job packing up from what little I could tell. But everything is labeled odd. It seems to be all an attempt at abbreviations of English words by German speakers....and some of them aren't even native German speakers!!! We aren't going to know where anything goes when we get there....oh well. Dustin tried to mark some boxes as he was able with something we would understand but I'm thinking we are just going to have to open everything as it goes in. Luckily my mom and possibly my Dad and Grandma should be there when the stuff gets delivered so we will have some help.

Our house is empty except for the loaner furniture the army provides which makes it very loud and echoey....with four kids that means VERY loud!!!

Right after the movers left my husband and I started feeling ill. There has been a stomach bug going around through our friends' families so we figure it is that although so far not as bad as they described. Dustin and Daniel are currently asleep on the couch so I'm pretty sure Dan isn't feeling great either. As much as I don't want to get sick (especially being pregnant) I'm just glad it waited until the movers were done!!!

Now that the biggest move task is over I"m hoping to get some down time. I kept an embroidery project out to work on and several books to read so hoping to get around to those in the next few weeks. I have more or less turned over all of my local responsibilities over to those taking my place and have said I would just be here in an advisory capacity. Hoping to take advantage of this time to rest and relax!! We have a month then we go to a cabin on post for a week then we fly. Of course there are more moving tasks to be completed but nothing huge (well Dustin has to paint but he doesn't want me to help).

Praying for everyone and hoping you have a good weekend!

Sabrina

Farmgirl Sister #3275
February 2016 Farmgirl of the Month
http://kidscrunchandchrist.com

Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

2991 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
2991 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2016 :  1:16:07 PM  Show Profile
Hi everyone. I'm praying for all of you too.

Peggy - my grandpa has a lot of heart issues. Every time he had something done he just knew he wouldn't make it, but every time he did. I was worried myself the time they had to stop his heart and restart it. Sounded very scary to me! But, God is good and everything turned out fine. I imagine it's very hard for your husband especially since he physically feels the effects. I'm praying for both of you.

Judy - You make me giggle so much! I love the "I must be part mouse" thing. I guess I am too - I LOVE cheese! Dare I say maybe even as much as chocolate!!! Hope you're starting to feel better. Glad to hear hubby is loosing weight and coughing less.

Darlene - How did the pumpkin pie turn out? My Grandma always made up things too. I just always wanted mac and cheese though. Grandma made it with Velveta cheese not from a box. It was the best!

Tammy - got my tea and tuck! Thanks a bunch. Love it :) Praying for your job and health tests.

Becky - I too like fried apples with cinnamon and I add a little brown sugar. The first thing I thought of when I saw the turkey picture was "look - thanksgiving dinner!" We had a couple turkeys roaming around the woods and fields this spring and early summer but I haven't seen them in a while.

Sabrina - praying your illness goes away very quickly! Glad to hear the packing went pretty smoothly. I pray your move goes well.

Well, I need to fire the woodstove again before milking - fall has finally arrived. Hope everyone has a quiet, relaxing weekend.

~Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701
September 2014 Farmgirl of the Month
http://nndairy.blogspot.com/

"The purpose of life is to enjoy every moment" - Yogi teabag
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2016 :  8:36:14 PM  Show Profile
Evening ladies! So glad others are starting to get the tea packets. I hope you enjoy the teas. I tried them and I thought they were really good and I thought appropriate for the season LOL. I've noticed over the past year or so I'm really starting to like my teas with just a dash of milk in them. Not sure why. The apple one I didn't put milk in though.

I found out last night that one of my co-workers at Walmart died from a heart attack at the age of 23! It just breaks my heart for someone so young to pass so early in life. He was attending the university here in town and played on the basketball team. Not only was he an intern working with people with addictions but also worked at Walmart and was a bouncer at one of the bars. He was such a great guy, friendly, warm and well mannered. More young men should emulate him. Heaven is a better place with him there but he will be dearly missed. He was 6'10" and a gentle giant. Please keep Cedric's family in prayer as I'm sure they are deeply in shock over losing their son.

Judy - How are your shingles doing? Are they getting any better? I'm keeping you in my prayers. I agree with on fried apples - they are the greatest. Awesome by themselves or over ice cream or pancakes too.

Rebecca - How awesome to have apple trees. We don't have any orchards here and I miss that fall tradition our family had. I envy you having so many fireplaces in your home. My dream home would have a fireplace in every room including the bathroom LOL.

Sabrina - How awesome that you're starting the adventure of moving back. I pray things go smoothly for you. I know when we got out and the Navy moved us they only but what room it was packed in so I had no clue what was in any of the boxes.

Okay, medical update: CT was done on Tuesday. Holter was done from Wed-Thur. Saw the Pulmonologist this morning. He's ordered a PET scan and biopsy as the CT scan wasn't totally clear on the nodule. They think it's a hamartomas nodule, which is benign and slow growing. They're not sure looking at the CT if the nodule is actually in the lung or in the lung lining. When he initially asked if I was having any problems or symptoms I said no. I still have some pain from the rib issue but didn't think it was pertinent to the nodule. I was wrong. He said that ribs don't dislocate and that it's the nodule that was causing the pain. No idea how the adjustments would have helped so much if something wasn't out but I wasn't going to argue with him. I've had a nasty head cold since this rib thing started so I assumed that the coughing was just from the cold going into my chest. It may be from the nodule irritating the lung and lining. When he initially came into the room he informed me that I had a sinus infection and he'd take care of that while I was there so he had a sinus x-ray done and I'm on meds for that now. Thankfully he caught it before it became a full blown infection because those are just painful. I've been very blessed these past weeks that things have been caught before anything major happened. I'd hate to be another statistic like my co-worker dying because he ignored symptoms or had a condition that wasn't diagnosed.

I was blessed to be able to take a essential oil class with the woman I took the Reiki classes from. I learned a lot and met some new people. She taught us some accupressure points to use for stress and it's probably a good thing I took that class LOL.

Well I'm off to bed. I had to get up at 5:45 to be in Fargo in time for my appointment so we're both exhausted. Matt flexed his schedule and went in early yesterday so he could get off early to be able to come with me. Have a great weekend everybody!

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://ndprairiegypsy.blogspot.com/
Prairie Critter Pet Sitter
Jamestown, ND
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2016 :  8:39:20 PM  Show Profile
I am Thankful to say that Larry indeed made it through his Angiogram today but the results were not very good. The Cardiologist had hoped that they could go in and put in a couple of stents to open up a couple blockages...but what they found when they got in there was that all 5 of his heart arteries had blockages. 2 arteries were 100% blocked and all the heart tissue and artery below those 2 blockages were dead...thus showing that Larry had had 2 heart attacks we never knew about. The other three arteries one is blocked 60%, one 70% and one 80% all these blockages could NOT be stented because they were either in a bend in the artery or were long blockages that was beyond what a stent could help. The Cardiologist was not hopeful that those 3 arteries with partial blockages can be bypassed. But he is referring us to a Cardiac Surgeon for a Consultation about that. Also we will be consulting another surgeon in the same office as our Cardiologist who works with another area of the heart (the electrical). Maybe it was for the possibility of putting in a defibrillator...as that idea has been tossed around too. Then there is the case of the 2 leaky valves...that wasn't even addressed today but will be when we see the Surgeon. We have to do these three consults all in a months time. Depending on those consultations with the 3 Dr.'s and Us we will have a plan on where we go from here. Our Cardiologist doesn't want to be the only one making that Call On this and I sure get that.
But he left us to believe that he thinks they might just have to let it all be as it is and let God make the ultimate call. They will just treat him with more med's and let God call the shots. So, we will wait and see what these consultations bring to light. But Larry's Cardiologist said it all when he came in and
said, "Well, Larry's heart is just a big mess." Indeed it is! They were able to do the Angiogram through Larry's wrist instead of the groin which was much less invasive and allowed him to go home tonight instead of staying in the hospital over night.
So, it isn't good but at least we know how bad it is and we will see where we go from here. Thank You All for your prayers. They were greatly appreciated and felt today.

Loving and Living Deeply In Jesus,
Peggy and Larry

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2016 :  9:27:18 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Jumping on to say I'm praying for everyone's needs.

Peggy, I emailed you so I won't address it here again.

PGTammy, sometimes the nodules come from infections. Bronchitis etc. Not uncommon. When do you have the biopsy? Many moons ago I assisted the surgeon doing them. Praying.

Heather, pumpkin pie was great. I love anything pumpkin! I love apples too! Tonight I ate 2 caramel apples with nuts. I resisted buying them because I knew I wouldn't have just one. LOL! How are all your babies? They are so cute.

Sabrina, I don't envy you with the move. Hope you all feel better.

Judy, yeah Dave and his weight loss! Did you stop feeding him? LOL!

Darlene
Sister 1922
October 2016 Farmgirl of the month

John 11: 35 Jesus wept.

Go to Top of Page

Sobyn
True Blue Farmgirl

752 Posts

Sabrina
Kansas
USA
752 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2016 :  06:51:56 AM  Show Profile
Thanks ladies-it looks like we are all feeling fine today yay! Guess all my natural medicines did the trick ;).

PGTammy-Praying for this nodule. Glad they happened to catch it and hope it is a minor issue that will quickly heal.

Peggy-keeping you and your husband in my prayers!! Not much more I can say really, glad you have Jesus to cling to!

Darlene and Heather-thanks. I'm relieved that this big hurdle is over (not so much the actual packing since they do that but the sorting and organizing in preparation for it!).

We have one more small load that goes out in four weeks but that is not a big deal, just some kitchen items, linens, clothes etc that we need quicker. I have some other things that I need to go through and organize/purge before they take that one but nothing that is too time consuming and now that everything else is gone it is easy to see what still needs to be done. I'm looking forward to some down time. With very few belongings there is less to keep up with and I've pretty much turned over all my responsibilities and am just serving in an advisory role for them now. I have embroidery to work on and books to read and I'm going to revive my blog!!

Sabrina

Farmgirl Sister #3275
February 2016 Farmgirl of the Month
http://kidscrunchandchrist.com

Go to Top of Page

Ladybek9756
True Blue Farmgirl

882 Posts

Rebecca
Linneus Maine
USA
882 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2016 :  07:05:36 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Ladybek9756's MSN Messenger address  Send Ladybek9756 a Yahoo! Message
PeggyAnn,

So sorry to hear about Larry. The doctor is right, it is all in God's hands. We will continue for pray for the two of you and the wise decisions of all the doctors.

Becky

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2016 :  11:00:24 AM  Show Profile
PegPegPeg, Praying for you and Larry girl! I told God that I'm expecting Him to heal Larry and baffle alllll those doctors. By His many stripes we(all of us who believe) are already healed. He is the Great Physician! Do WE REALLY Believe That???/!!!! God, I believe... help mine unbelief!!! AMEN!!!
Darlene, Caramel apples! OMGosh...Say no more. Love 'em!!! I was so desperate for one the other day that I sliced up an apple and ate 5 caramel cream candies with it. THAT'S desperation. hahahahahaha
Dave is so hard to feed when he won't eat bread, pasta(kill me now if I have to do this with him)* giggle*, Potatoes, sweet potatoes, rice..... ugh... These are all the foods I live for this time of year! I am part groundhog, ya know.(birthday) So I have to put a nice thick layer of fat on for the winter.
THAT'S my story and I'm sticking to it!!! lol
Well.... my sister bought a house... in Kentucky, 15 minutes from her oldest sons house, not here in Ohio. I'm so shook up I can't stop shaking my head. It's a big 4 bedroom, 2 bath house with so many extras, on 1 1/2 acres. I asked her if she was going to start a B&B. No reply yet. ~~S-H-O-C-K-E-D~~

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!

Edited by - herblady55 on Oct 22 2016 11:02:37 AM
Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

2991 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
2991 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2016 :  11:54:07 AM  Show Profile
Peggy - sorry to hear things aren't good. I'm praying for you and Larry.

Darlene - I'll find a recipe I made a little while ago that was AMAZING! Pumpkin woopie pies. The recipe is long with all the spices, but totally worth it. They're the best I've had. I think I like them more than pumpkin pie even :) The babies are getting big and furry. They seem to know winters on it's way even though it's been pretty warm until a couple days ago. Our last cow is due tomorrow then we won't have any more little ones until spring. I hope it's a heifer so we can keep her.

Tammy - wow, a hear attack at 23! Crazy. Glad to hear your sinus infection was caught before it got awful. Let me know how those stress points work for you. I'd love to learn a few :)

Judy - You're quite the critter - part mouse, part groundhog LOL!!! How far away will Patsy be in KY? I bet you're bummed. At least with 4 bedrooms there's one for you for a long visit :)

Well, I need to get to baking some cookies (since a couple porchies ate all the caramel apples without sharing). Anyone got some hot chocolate to go with them??

~Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701
September 2014 Farmgirl of the Month
http://nndairy.blogspot.com/

"The purpose of life is to enjoy every moment" - Yogi teabag
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2016 :  1:44:42 PM  Show Profile
Heather... hmmm....I think Patsy will be about 20 minutes from Mammoth cave. Not sure which direction.
Pumpkin woopie pies! YUMMMMM...
I brought the hot chocolate! *giggle*

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2016 :  6:01:57 PM  Show Profile
PGTammy, I received your tea pkg. the day we returned from vacation. I love everything you sent. The Howdy card, yummy teas, the book mark (cute as can be and I was just searching the house for one), and your needlework project. (Have I been vague enough?) I love, love, love it all! Thank you! Also, I am praying for your good health. All those tests and waiting for results. A stressful time for you. Hope it turns out well.

All you other ladies...Wow! there is so much going on! I've tried to catch up reading the posts. Can't respond to all of them but am saying prayers for all of you and yours!

I just have a hard time staying awake on the meds I have (very few, actually) Trying to manage this sciatica which has really reared its ugly head since we were cleaning up from our basement flood. The cleanup wasn't so bad, it is more like I probably moved wrong. Anyway, it doesn't take much to make a slug more sluggish. ha.

Please, know that I am thinking of all of you.

Oh, I will be putting Oct. tea pkts. together tomorrow.

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9242 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9242 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2016 :  07:09:58 AM  Show Profile
Trying to catch up a little, it has been a very looong time for me to be here.
Peggy, we went through this with my dad two years ago. The downside was his age at the time 89 and he had fallen and broke his hip and knee. No surgery unless they checked his heart to see if it could take the surgery. When they got in there it was a mess. But they decided to try a triple bypass and thank the Lord it worked mostly! He still has trouble with the knee and all the other aches and pains at 91 but his heart is good as it can be right now. I was scared to death as he'd only been with us a year. Mom is gone and brothers were no help whatsoever.
I know that God is bigger than the troubles with Larry's heart and he will see you both through. Will be keeping this in prayer.

~Denise~
Farmgirl Sister #43

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/
http://www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2016 :  09:09:52 AM  Show Profile
Denise, my dear lady... where have you been. We have missed you. So nice to hear from you.(have I said enough to make you feel missed) GOOD!... cause you were!* giggle*

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page