Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2016 :  09:27:38 AM  Show Profile
Good morning ladies. I'm enjoying some down time due to no work and getting some time to read and enjoy blogs and such this morning.

Peggy: Happy Birthday!!! Any big plans for today? I'm so sorry about Larry's diagnosis. I feel horrible worrying about my minor issues when I compare to what you're going through. My thoughts and prayers will be with you both.

Judith: Glad you enjoyed the packet :O) I figure those of us that are serious readers can always use another bookmark. I can never find a spare one when I need one LOL

Judy: I can't imagine how hard it would be to cook with so many things unavailable to use. Sorry to hear your sister didn't move closer to you. At least she's only a state away and not across the country. Are there grandkids involved?

Darlene: I'm waiting for a date for the PET scan before they can do the biopsy and they needed insurance approval before they can schedule the PET. So I wait. My uncle said that the PVCs can be caused by cold medicine so this could all be due to this stupid cold I've been fighting and taking cold medicine for it. I checked my pulse the other night and didn't detect any skip so we'll see what the Holter results have to say.

Last night I watched the grandbaby while they had a date night for their anniversary of their first date. I made it a video/tv free night. It drives me nuts how they keep him parked in front of the tv watching cartoons all the time. We went for a walk, ate french toast sticks and applesauce for supper, had music time and then reading time before bed. It was totally enjoyable and the grumpy little guy that showed up showed no grumpiness the whole time he was here. It was a fun time.

Well the man is up and about ready for lunch so I need to decide what I'm going to make. Have an awesome day everybody!

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://ndprairiegypsy.blogspot.com/
Prairie Critter Pet Sitter
Jamestown, ND
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2016 :  1:04:01 PM  Show Profile
Prairie Tammy...Thank you for the Happy Birthday Wish! My Wish before I blow out my Candles tonight will be that I really was
as Old as I Feel which is really around 30 yrs old. Now I'm not saying my body authenticates that wish...it feels 110 most days...
but in my heart I feel so much younger. When I look in the Mirror however...I am always saying "Who is that Old Woman staring
back at me?" Can't be me I'm sure!! LOL The only plans I have today is my youngest son and family are taking me out to dinner. I chose Applebees (as I haven't been there for awhile. I hope my husband will come but I rather doubt it...he is sleeping most of the time these days. I went and got my haircut this morning so I could feel better about turning 65. And did a little more Christmas Shopping. ~ It is so nice that you are getting so much grandbaby time now. I forgot to answer your
question a few weeks back about whether we thought a child should be taught to Not Touch or whether you should put everything
out of their reach? I did go through my Apt when the little ones started coming...and getting Med's up high and cleaners etc
or at least put cleaners in a safety locked cupboard. But I have a lot of Nick-Nacks in my home and I refuse to put them up.
I did block for about 4 months my Book Shelf that is Full of Nick-Nacks by placing my Dining Room chairs in front of them when
the kids first started crawling & walking. But after about 4 months I took away the chairs and they never bothered all those
Nick Nacks...they pay no attention to them what so ever now. So, that is what worked for me. ~ I hope all your medical stuff does
turn out to be from that cold medicine. Wouldn't that be nice? Keep us posted.

Judy...Wow...I can't believe Patsy bought another house! Wow!!! But good for her. It sounds HUGE however...If I bought something
it would have to be a small Condo or something...too much upkeep for me. My youngest son is looking for a house on some property
and he said the other day..."We have been looking for a 4 bedroom house but maybe we should start looking for a 5 bedroom with
dad being so sick. I told him to hold off and lets consult with the surgeons on his dad first. Let's not start putting him in
the ground until The Good Lord calls him home....please!

Denise...thanks for the encouraging words. I know that my husband could go a long time in heart failure. But what I am afraid of
is that he is going to get worse cognitively in the mean time. He is so stinking grumpy all the time. He has lost his wonderful
sense of humor and he sleeps 75% of the time. To me that is NOT living. Like I'm not even sure if he will go to dinner with us
tonight. And if he does then we are all on pins and needles waiting for something to set him off. Is your dad like that?
For your family's sake...I Hope Not. ~ Good to see you back on the Porch...we DO MISS YOU when you're gone. We really do!

Judith...sorry about your Sciatica...that is sooooooooooooooo painful. I hit the side of my right foot really hard one time getting into the car and I had Sciatic Pain in that leg for
6 months. Nothing would soothe or ease that pain. I didn't take anything but Aleve and Deep Heat because I hate prescription meds. I will pray that your's goes away much much much more quickly my friend!

Heather...Thank You So Much for your prayers too. That means more to me than anything!! Because
I can feel them like a warm shawl around my shoulders. I covet each and every prayer for my
Loving Husband (and sometimes not so loving) but I can't imagine my life without him!

Becky...Thank you so much for praying for wisdom from the Dr.'s If there is any possibility
that they can by-pass those three arteries I want them to do it. My dad had a quintuple bypass
surgery in his early 50's and it gave him 19 more years of life. Where Larry is 73 and has so
many other health issues...I'm just not sure. I do believe that God will call him Home when
God is good and ready no matter what we all do or don't do. So, yes...he really is in God's hands.

Sabrina...Thank you also for your prayers. I continue to pray for you guys on your relocation.
Hope you are getting a little RnR girl!!!

Darlene...Thank you for your prayers and encouragement too. I will let you know as soon as I know about the bypasses and heart defibrillator. I know he is pooling blood in his heart and brain. Don't know how long you can do that without having a major stroke or heart attack but
we are Trusting God day by day.

OK...if I missed anyone please forgive me. I need a Nap!

Love and Prayers Appreciated,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Dec 2011-Farmgirl of the Month
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

Don't allow others to steal the Glitz from your *SPARKLE*

Life is too short to knit with ugly yarn!

Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2016 :  3:32:49 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Whew girls! So much going on!

Peggy,
Big Happy Birthday. Age is only a number so they say.I wish you many more and a great time with your family tonight. Prayers for Larry and you. I'm sure they will do something to correct Larry's condition. God already knows the outcome. Sleeping is the byproduct of his ailing heart. Keep us posted. Have fun tonight.

PGTammy,
I'm still betting the node is from infection. We'll just pray it is. Grandbaby time is always good! I never moved a thing for my kids or grandkids. It teaches them boundaries and respect for others property. Nothing ever got broken,no one needs therapy they still love me and life goes on! LOL! Keep us posted on your tests. How are you doing since the doggies situation?

Judith,
No wonder you have sciatica. All that water. Yikes! Feel better.

Heather,
Pumpkin woopie pies, yummy! You are in my prayers.

Many prayers for all of you

Be Blessed and Be a Blessing,
Darlene
Sister 1922
October 2016 Farmgirl of the month

John 11: 35 Jesus wept.

When Satan's knocking at your door, just say "Jesus will you get that for me?"

When it gets to hard to stand, Kneel!

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2016 :  6:39:11 PM  Show Profile
Happy Birthday Peg!!! Hope you just let loose and have a fun evening! Laugh a lot with the kids... it'll be relief for your heart&soul!
Well after two whole weeks of not hearing from Patsy(still at her son's in KY), she finally called and we talked 3 hours. We laughed, cried, Prayed and cried some more. She apologized to me and to God for leaving me outside, looking in, wondering what I did to deserve being treated like this. I found out she's taking her youngest daughter, Kim and her husband and daughter down there to live with her. You could have knocked me over with a feather. Why was it so hush-hush? The Bible says that in the end times our own families will turn against us and I told her and God, as we Prayed, please don't let that happen to us, please keep us close. She is all I have left of 'family.' We are 'Sisters Born Twice'. I don't ever want to lose her, especially not due to misunderstandings or foolish neglect. God knows! He heard us! But, I'm telling you... I was under so much stress that I had flu-type-symptoms the next day and had to lay around all day to get over it. My body reacts like that when I'm stressed. May as well plan on a day of bed-rest, doing nothing.
So, she just turned 64 on the 21st and she signed up for a 30 year loan, I laughed and said, "You planning on living that long? That bank will get every penny back too... if they have to dig you up and squeeze it out of you." LOL
So, Dave and I went leaf-peeping again this afternoon. It was a welcome drive. I love fall! Everything about it revives my soul! Then tomorrow we are going to go visit Kim and Ron. We will be there and surprise her daughter when she gets home from school. She'll be so tickled to see us. They won't all be moving to KY until spring, but we sure will miss them. We just got really close to them after my BIL passed away and we've tried to help fill the empty gap.
Well, nite Porch-Buds. Thanks for letting me whine and babble. Sometimes I really need that... a shoulder to cry on and a listening ear.
I love yuns so much!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
FGOTM:Jan.2012
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"
"Give a weed an inch and it'll take a yard!"
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9234 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9234 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2016 :  6:42:10 PM  Show Profile
Oh yes Judy, thank you.

Tammy, sounds like a wonderful way to spend an evening. T v free and french toast sticks! My grands come over and the first they ask is to play video games. I tell them they can do that at home. We play lots of board games or card games with them. So much nicer when everyone interacts.

~Denise~
Farmgirl Sister #43

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/
http://www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9234 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9234 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2016 :  5:08:39 PM  Show Profile
Peggy, unfortunately dad was like that. Not so much anymore. I think a lot of it for dad was fear. Fear of not knowing how things would go and now he wonders why at 91 he is still around. I tell him he's not done telling us all his stories yet. I think the grumpiness had a lot to with so many things going on for him physically. He wasn't supposed to live when he was born. He started out with a not so healthy heart. I guess we never know what the plan is. He has osteoarthritis of the spine now and arthritis all over. I think the grunpies come when we don't feel good and dad slept a lot too but after his heart surgery his pcp did blood work and found his thyroid was no longer working. They have him on meds for that and his heart doctor halved on of his pills to get his heart rate up. Since those two things he doesn't sleep all day like he used to.

~Denise~
Farmgirl Sister #43

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/
http://www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2016 :  6:58:13 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Judy, warm hugs for you.Sorry you let out of the loop with your sister. It'll all work out. Doesn't mean it did' hurt. Who hasn't been there! More power to your sister buying that big house. I hope the living situation goes well. I wouldn't want a mortgage at that age. I love fall too. Good you got out to go leaf peeping. You are in my prayers.

Denise, I'm with you on the video games. Not here either. We play games, talk and interact! What a surprise!

Birthday Peg where are you?

Darlene
Sister 1922

Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2016 :  7:04:18 PM  Show Profile
Hi ladies,
Just popping in for short rest. School is keeping me very very busy right now. I am not happy about that but it is not in my control. But I have let my principal know I am full plate and I won't do any more. But we have a lovely staff this year which makes the rest so much easier to do.

It is beautiful fall weather here. I am enjoying it a great deal. Love the colors and crisp cool mornings.

Peggy I am praying for Larry and you. God has a plan and I trust He will care for all of you including the doctors.

My grandsons are coming this weekend which will be a welcome sight for me. I need some of their hugs and kisses. well I am scooting to evening tea and then bed.
love and blessings
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Purple Skies
http://mypurpleskies.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2016 :  5:44:58 PM  Show Profile
Got a new roster last evening. The old biddies didn't hurt him yet. They have gotten so out of hand since Big Boy's death. Counting down to retirement, Feb 1st. Will have so much more time for crafts and gardening.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Go to Top of Page

Sobyn
True Blue Farmgirl

752 Posts

Sabrina
Kansas
USA
752 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2016 :  11:46:51 PM  Show Profile
Hey ladies,

Just popping in!

Peggy-I hope you had a good bday!

Tammy-hope your schedule slows down.

Nora-congratulations on the new rooster!

Nothing much going on here. I have been incredibly tired the last few days, I don't know if it is just the last few weeks/months catching up with me or if the baby is going through a growth spurt or maybe a little of both. I actually felt better yesterday and managed to get most of my to-do list finished. Hopefully I'll have some energy again today. Not a lot to do just some move planning stuff. I managed to get a blog post written yesterday. It has been 7 months since I posted. I am determined that I'm not going to take on as many outside tasks in the future so I can focus more on writing and actually have time to rest and work on my own hobbies. I know it will be hard to stick to that since so many things sound fun and interesting but it isn't fun and interesting when I'm constantly behind and overwhelmed!!

I kept an embroidery project out when the movers came so hopefully I can start working on that soon! Haven't had time to craft in AGES.

Sabrina

Farmgirl Sister #3275
February 2016 Farmgirl of the Month
http://kidscrunchandchrist.com

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2016 :  09:25:45 AM  Show Profile
Morning Gals! We had a good visit with my niece and her family the other night! I guess they are as baffled at their moms actions as we are. I think they are half afraid to move in with her because of the cost of the place and all that goes with that. They were under the impression that they were moving down there into an apartment close by... not living with her. Kim already has concerns about her mom. Prayers appreciated Gals!
Well, we sure are enjoying the leaves around here. They are changing nice and slow. Got a half-bushel of mixed, seconds, apples to make my crock-pot apple butter. mmmm....love the stuff. I think I have 2 bites of last years left. That's all. Timed that right! *giggle*
I've got some errands to run so gonna go for now. Make it a great day Gals!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2016 :  3:18:58 PM  Show Profile
Sabrina- Hope you find energy for all you have to do and rest peacefully at night
Judy - Keeping your family in my thought. Everything will work out and you will be close if needed.

Got the grandkids Halloween cards in the mail today. The rooster made it another day. He seems so small compared to the Brahma we had before. When we get back from DE Sunday, I'll turn them out and see if he stays. We found a kitten in the engine compartment of the compactor at the landfill today and I took it to a good home.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2016 :  9:22:23 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Lenora! God knows her better than I do and will keep an eye on her too! *giggle*
Awwww.... poor little kitty! Good for you!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

Sobyn
True Blue Farmgirl

752 Posts

Sabrina
Kansas
USA
752 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2016 :  03:50:55 AM  Show Profile
Thanks Nora, the baby is finally starting to sleep better. Not awesome, but better so I'm starting to get decent sleep at night-of course I'm also getting to the point in pregnancy where I can't sleep even if he does soooo..... oh well. Luckily I don't really have much left to do over the next few months.

It is weird this pregnancy, with Dan I made so many things for him before he arrived my craft list was crazy but I'm not making anything for this baby. I'm sad about that but between being so busy the last few months and moving I just don't have the time!

Sabrina

Farmgirl Sister #3275

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2016 :  01:23:31 AM  Show Profile
Hello My Porchies...My Life has been beyond Crazy and I have just been carried along by the whirlwind.

So much going on in everyone's lives. I have gotten on The Porch via my iPhone and at least read all the comments but have had no time
to respond. I did two Farmgirl Swaps this month which I were very simple ones but my timing in signing up for them couldn't have been
worse. But they are done and in the mail and I can relax. Won't be signing up for any more until after the New Year.

Tonight I thought I was going out to a relaxing dinner with my son's MIL and low and behold it was a Surprise Birthday Party for me. Boy,
was I shocked and surprised!!! And another surprise my oldest step-daughter was there from Spokane. There were about 25 people there.
Some from my Bible Study Group, some Family and some Friends! It was so wonderful even though I had told my kids months ago that I thought
birthday parties weren't needed on a 65th Birthday...to wait until like my 70th. But I guess it was my Husband's idea originally and
he didn't even show up for the Party. He had another day where he was just too Overwhelmed. We all kept calling him to see if he was
coming and he wouldn't answer his phone. His daughter really wanted to see him as she knew his health was declining fast...so she started
crying and that made me cry. So we worked it out that she would leave the party a little early and her and her friend Kim would go to
our apartment and see her dad. So, that worked out...and when I got home they were still there...so I got to visit with them a little more.
The Party was FUN and Wonderful but now I have had 3 Birthday Parties in two weeks time and I'm really partied out...though in a very heartfelt
good way!!! I have always said "If I have to get Old I Might as Well Party and Enjoy It!" So, Indeed I have Been! LOL

Sabrina...dear cut yourself some slack...you have had a lot on your plate this pregnancy. Goodness we already think you are Wonder Woman as it
is! This precious baby will never know anything was lacking because he/or she will have lots of Love the material things cannot replace.

Lenora...WELCOME TO THE PORCH (OFFICIALLY!) I love that you just jumped on and started sharing right away! That's what we like...a Farm sister who just kicks off her boots and
grabs the nearest Rocker and sits down and starts sharing!
~ I'm glad that you were able to rescue that poor little kitty...and that you took it to a good home. I am not a cat person myself but I love it when animals of all kinds get rescued and loved on.

Judy...I cannot even believe Patsy did all this with out sharing with you. You two are
so close you are almost joined at the HIP...so I was as shocked as you. I am so sorry
that your feelings were hurt over it all but I can understand why. I know you two though
and you will be back to your normal "whacky" selves before you know it. Look at it this way...she was just acting whacky enough for both of you on this one. Life is too short to be upset with each other...get back to loven on each other as soon as you can because we are not guaranteed tomorrow. Don't waste a minute of the Sisterly Love!

Teacher Tammy...Appreciate the Prayers for Larry and myself. We start this Monday on two weeks of nothing but Dr. Appointments for him. I have to go with him because he doesn't
hear well and what he does hear he forgets five minutes later. And the kids are bugging me about him driving. Not because of the forgetting where he is going but rather his heart
is a ticking time bomb and if he had a heart attack while driving he could kill other
people. This is NOT a conversation I wish to have with him...so I am going to bring it
up when we are with our Family Dr. on Monday. Pray for me. ~ Hope you had a great time
with those 3 grandsons of yours. Loved the FB Pictures!!

Darlene...I'm with you on The 30 yr Mortgage...I wouldn't go there at Patsy's age either.
But she must not have wanted the families in put in the matter...that is probably why
Judy was left out of the Loop.

Well girlies...I'm just I left a couple of you out but my brain and body are tired so I
best call it a night. I hope to get back on here more but if I'm not for several days in
a row just know I'm dealing with my husbands medical issues and my middle son living with
us for awhile. Kind of messes up my nice little "routined" life. LOL

Night and Sweet Dreams,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Oct 31 2016 6:33:55 PM
Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2016 :  5:07:13 PM  Show Profile
Peggy - glad you had a good 65th. Parties are for every birthday.

We went to De over the week-end for Jay's daughter's 21st. It was a really nice time. Took her to a Japanese steak house, Turning in my official retirement notice in the morning. Can't wait to be a full time farm girl
Have a great evening, everyone.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2016 :  6:00:20 PM  Show Profile
Lenora, how exciting for you!
Happy retirement!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2016 :  8:35:27 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Peggy, all I can say is yikes! I need calm! Hang in there. Glad you had a wonderful birthday in spite of everything going on.

Sabrina, don't feel bad, the baby won't know what you made or didn't make. With all you have going on it's amazing you get anything done! Try to relax because you still have a lot ahead of you.

Judy, sounds like your sister is having a midlife, or older, crisis! Can't imagine and I guess you can't either. She didn't tell you because she didn't want any discussion on the topic! Be glad it's not you with that mortgage! LOL!

Darlene
Sister 1922

Go to Top of Page

Sobyn
True Blue Farmgirl

752 Posts

Sabrina
Kansas
USA
752 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2016 :  05:34:29 AM  Show Profile
Darlene and Peggy-thanks for the encouragement. It isn't so much that I feel bad for not making stuff just that it is kind of weird that I'm not spending more time thinking about and preparing for baby. I've been so busy with other things and the move that it is just sort of in the background...oh yeah and I'm going to have a baby in just over 2 months!! Just weird to be so distracted during a pregnancy...on the other hand it feels like it is just FLYING by!!!

Sabrina

Farmgirl Sister #3275

Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2016 :  05:59:46 AM  Show Profile
Good morning ladies! It's 38' this morning, a perfectly crisp fall morning. It rained sometime during the night or morning as the porch is soaked. I miss the sun not being up at this hour as it makes focusing on work harder. My body seems to think if it's dark it's time for bed.

I've been praying that the TSA job would move forward or that I be directed to another job as my current one just isn't working well any more. I changed my prayer this past week to asking if another job isn't possible then to change the circumstances of my current one like having my team leader moved or something. Be careful of what you wish/ask LOL My team leader informed several of us that we're being temporary loaned to another department for data entry on Thursday. So at least for a while I'll be under someone else and hopefully plenty of work.

On top of that, I received an email this morning that I've passed all my TSA loops and I'm now in the ready pool and waiting for the phone call that they have a position for me. Hopefully it won't come before we get all this lung issue settled. I'd be okay to wait until January and start the new year with a new job. Being away 3 weeks would be rough right now with the holidays although the extra money would be awesome.

Matt finally finished the windows he installed this summer. He never got around to framing them out inside the house so they've been sitting like that all summer. There were vertical blinds on the window by my office desk and they weren't working right so I replaced them with lace panels. I'm going to get some thermal curtains to put over them for winter. It looks so much different with the lace panels this morning. I like it :O)

Peggy - How awesome they had a party. Even though hubby wasn't there the thought that he'd come up with the idea and got it going counts a lot I think especially with his condition.

Well I need to get logged in for work. I pray everybody has an awesome day and week!

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
Jamestown, ND
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2016 :  1:52:14 PM  Show Profile
Another party!Surprise! Peggy, you are a hoot! It's a good thing you love a good time! Sorry DH couldn't go. I'll bet he would've been there if he felt better.

Some of you should receive tea packets today. The rest were mailed out today. Talk about under the wire. I don't think I've ever been so late on things as the last few months. (my apologies)

DH and I ran errands this afternoon. We drove about 30 miles to purchase tickets to g-daughter's musical (7 Brides for 7 Brothers). That sounds like so much fun. He stopped at the quilt shop for me. (What a guy) I couldn't find anything I just "had to have". Then the owner directed me upstairs...uh oh...There was a runner kit all ready to go...Christmas fabrics...with a black word fabric binding..printed with...are you ready?..."Come Home To Iowa"! Omgosh, of course, I had to have it! I'll try to make it up for our g-daughter in Michigan!

In fact I will probably start it after I have my fibro crash nap starting now...................................

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2016 :  7:38:22 PM  Show Profile
Judith...got my Tea Pkg Today!! Yahoo! Tonight I am definitely in the Mood for some Nice Hot Tea as the weather is back to rain, rain and more rain. My favorite Hot Tea Weather. Love The Tucks too Girl...Thank You So
Much!!! And No Apology Necessary...as you had the entire month to send out your PKgs. I want everyone to do
their Pkgs when it best fits into your month and circumstances...so that is a Non-Issue! And ALL YOU TEA
Swappers Have really stepped up your game this year. I have been really surprised at how creative you have
all Been in your Tucks and Tea Choices. Bravo!! ~ Judith I hope you get rewarded with some RnR after all your flooding and and health issues being exacerbated from the clean up etc. Praying for YOU and thanks for
remembering my Birthday Girlfriend!

Prairie Tammy...Well great news on the TSA coming along so far. Hopefully it won't be long until they have
spot open for you. Keeping you in my prayers. ~ Yes, my husband would have been there if he had felt better.
He couldn't remember where the Restaurant was or what time and even after communicating with his youngest son
and DIL 4 or 5 times that day...he just couldn't keep it straight in his head. I am glad really that he didn't make it because we had 25 people in our party and there were two other big Parties going for other
Events in the same room...so at least 60-75 people in one room would have put my DH into Sensory Overload.
It sounded like a Hen House in there. LOL Poor man would have lasted about 10 minutes and then left. So,
I love the fact He loves me enough to try to do special things for me even when it takes a lot out of him.
That is really Sacrificial Love and I love him even more for making the effort.

Sabrina...well, being so distracted has Probably been a blessing in disguise, making your pregnancy go by
much faster than usual (mentally I mean). That can be a good thing right? Better than dragging by.
Now, once you get back to the States and in the New House...baby will be here as well as the Holidays! Lots
of reason for Celebration!

Darlene...that is what I needed yesterday...I needed an entire down day spent in my Jammies and watching
Football with my son. I was in a lot of pain from my Fibro and really just overwhelmed from all my FUN
Surprises. You know how it is...you go out and Party with your Friends and Family, or go shopping, or buy groceries, "What Ever" and then it takes you 3 days to recoup. LOL

Nora...Happy Retirement Farmgirl! Will you be having a Big Retirement Party? It will feel weird to not have
to get up and head to work but I am sure you will keep yourself busy on your Farm. It will probably be more
enjoyable work because that is where your heart is.

Judy...any new news from Patsy and Kids? Has she already sold her house and packed up? ~ Are you reading
anything good lately? I am listening to a good Mystery by Lisa Scottoline when I walk and then I am reading
a Cozy Mystery "Blackberry Pie Mystery" by Joanne Fluke. I have read several of her mysteries and they are good. Just nice, lazy and very clean reading. I call them No-Brainer Reads. Just cozy little stories that are not complex requiring a lot of thinking. I don't read very many of these kind of books but enjoy them once
in awhile...when my life gets overly complex. LOL

Teacher Tammy...get off FB and Your Blog and come sit on The Porch for a few Minutes. Bossy Babe aren't I? LOL We are missen you! How are those little
Butterflies of yours doing? Haven't heard a good Butterfly Story for awhile or a bad one either!!! LOL

Ok girls. Tomorrow we go to the Heart Surgeon and see if anything can be done for my husband. Today we went to our Family Dr. and when my husband asked him
what he thought of his diagnosis he said, "Larry when I saw the Cardiologists Report...I was very very heartbroken. You have been my patient and friend
for so many years...it just broke my heart to find your heart this bad." I could see Doc trying to hold back emotion and looking away a lot. Tomorrow will
probably answer a lot of our questions and then next week we meet with the Surgeon that would put in a Defibrillator if the other Drs are all in agreement
with that. So, we shall see. There is always HOPE! And my husband said today that he isn't afraid to go HOME to the Lord but he also wants to do everything he can to stay alive as long as he can. And that is what we all want! So, we have to be as Optimistic as possible...as a Good Attitude is important in one fights for quality of life.

OK girlies...hope you had lots of cute Trick or Treaters! We only had our grandkids and they were Adorable! Pictures tomorrow!!!

Love and Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2016 :  07:14:16 AM  Show Profile
Good morning ladies. Wow is this month starting off with a BANG, and a good bang at that LOL. Last night just before I finished work I got a phone call from a law firm in town that saw my resume online and want to interview me for a position so I have an interview this afternoon at 11 for that. I explained about the weird TSA schedule and they still want to interview me. It's part time so it might be really workable. I don't know if they'll agree though once they find out I'll have to be gone for about 5 weeks for TSA training (3 weeks in GA and 2 weeks in either Fargo or Bismarck). Then this morning I got an email from Darlene and she's made me Farmgirl of the Month!!! Isn't she awesome! I had tears in my eyes. My birthday is this month so I'm feeling like a princess farmgirl already :O) The blessings are humbling.

Lenora - Wow, retirement! I envy you :O) Hope you have lots of projects lined up to work on.

Sabrina - I feel for you. With my second I delivered while my ex was deployed and had to get things ready for him to leave the Navy on top of it. It's really unsettling when our hormones are saying nest and instead we have to pack up to move. That's why we're the strong sex LOL.

Judy - don't feel bad about late tea packets. You gals were great with understanding about mine being late. Things happen.

Well time to get back to work. Have an awesome days ladies!

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
Jamestown, ND
Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2016 :  5:03:07 PM  Show Profile
Peggy hope the surgeon can help. They do wonders these days. Will keep him in my thoughts.
Tammy hope your interview went well and things work for you.

The thing I'm most looking forward to is never having to set an alarm clock again.

November came in warm with a little rain here in northwestern Virginia. Suppose to be in the 80's tomorrow. Good on the heating bills but we will pay for all this warm weather. One of the cows had a calf yesterday but I haven't seen it yet. Jay said it's black and white.
Jay's stress test went well so I guess he gets to drive a truck for another year.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2016 :  6:44:23 PM  Show Profile
Hi Gals, Lots of chatter here lately. Prairie Tammy, Congrats again on being Nov.FGOTM!
Peg, I have 4 Joanne Fluke mysteries and one is the blackberry one.(don't tell me how it ends)* giggle*
I went to Cracker Barrel to eat last week and before I left I went into the general store part(of course) and in the 70%off corner I found a devotional by Beth Moore that was originally $25.00 and I got it for $7.50. They only has one so I got it for my youngest niece who just recently came back to the Lord. She needs guidance and help so I figured this would help her.
I talked to Patsy today. She called me. She seems to think she can handle all this by herself if she has too. She's braver than I, in this unstable economy! She wanted to come home this week and call a realtor and start packing. She won't move until Spring but she has a lot to go through. When Jim passed away the kids took a lot of his stuff but there's still a lot and it's not going to be an easy job. She said she's taking everything since she has a huge storage building to put it all in. I'm sure she will pitch a lot of junk beforehand though.
Today we had sun/clouds/muggy(what?)and 75. Tomorrow, more of the same. Then back to cool temps. We stayed in most of the day and our house was really cool, so that when we went out for supper, we were shocked how humid and warm it was.
Well, that's it for me. Have a great evening Gals.

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page