Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2016 :  3:40:05 PM  Show Profile
Judith, I got the tea list. Sure, you can forward it to patsy. She has her computer with her in KY.

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
FGOTM:Jan.2012
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"
"Give a weed an inch and it'll take a yard!"
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2016 :  3:48:00 PM  Show Profile
Yay! I will do that, Judy!

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2016 :  7:35:51 PM  Show Profile
Patsy just wrote that the fire is only 7 miles from her house!
"Lord...LET IT RAIN! You PROMISED that Your seed would not go begging bread! Patsy's been through so much already. Please Lord, SEND RAIN!!!"....... Amen!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9245 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9245 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2016 :  07:50:32 AM  Show Profile
Prayers for Patsy continuing. That rains would come and her home would not be touched by this.

Peggy, glad to hear there is a plan. Praying that the diet for the heart works to reverse this.

~Denise~
Farmgirl Sister #43

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/
http://www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2016 :  12:25:34 PM  Show Profile

A close up of the new little boy. He's so cute.
Beautiful day again today. Wishing for rain and cooler weather. Too warm for deer hunting and butchering.
Covered the air conditioner upstairs yesterday, replaced the summer counterpins with the winter comforters getting ready for Thanksgiving week-end. We do our big meal on the Saturday after Thanksgiving because of Jay driving a truck we can't be sure he'll make it on Thursday. I go to my daughter's in Roanoke for lunch.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2016 :  9:25:22 PM  Show Profile
Hi My Porchies...

Rainy Day here but I still spent a good deal of it with my kids. Went to lunch, did a little Christmas Shopping, and took
Elijah for a haircut. They are doing their Christmas Pictures next week so everyone is getting spruced up for the Photo Shoot.
LOL Should be fun! Miss Savannah Grace is starting to talk more. She will be one year old middle of December. My goodness how
this year has flown by. She says Mama, Dada, Ganma, Elijah, Drink, Yes, No, Eat...she just is such a cutie pie. Just like
her brother!

Didn't make it to Church today as hubby wasn't up to it. I have to let him call the shots on how he is feeling.
Just finished watching the Seattle Seahawks game and they won! So, I'm a happy camper! They didn't start out to
great this year but have gotten back into their groove.

Judy...have you heard any new news from Patsy on the Fire? I pray the wind shifted and her house is safe. So scary!

Nora...what a cute boy you have there! My Grandson kept singing Old McDonald today (over & over again) and so when I
saw your picture tonight I thought it just went right along with my day.

Denise...I don't know if my husband has time to turn his heart disease around or not...and I'm not sure if his brain
issues would be turned around too but at least it has given him "HOPE" and he isn't as depressed as he was. Which is
a good thing.

Well my lovelies I am going to go do some coloring for awhile...it always helps me wind down from my day...good or bad.
Hope You all had a Blessed Weekend!

Love & Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Dec 2011-Farmgirl of the Month
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

Don't allow others to steal the Glitz from your *SPARKLE*

Life is too short to knit with ugly yarn!

Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch

Edited by - LadyInRed on Nov 13 2016 9:26:54 PM
Go to Top of Page

Sobyn
True Blue Farmgirl

752 Posts

Sabrina
Kansas
USA
752 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2016 :  05:47:00 AM  Show Profile
Hi ladies. Keeping everyone in my prayers.

Moving stuff isn't going too bad just normal frustrations especially trying to get things done with the kids. But we are almost there. Sent our van off to the ship last week so now I am stuck at home for the most part. Tomorrow the movers come for our "quicker" shipment of linens, towels, clothes and things like that so I'm busy sorting stuff out for that vs what is staying with us and going in suitcases. Then we have a week left in the house with minimal things and then a week in a cabin on post until we fly. Things are going smoothly overall but man the kids are wild. I know it is because of all the turmoil and transition and the fact that we are cooped up at home and it is cold but man I'm getting worn out.

I don't think the weather will be much of a transition-I have a friend who grew up in that area and she says the weather is pretty much the same as it is here except hotter in the summer. But we are from Texas and spent 5 years before coming here in Georgia so we are used to hot and we will have AC which we don't have here!! As far as other adjustments I don't think we will have much reverse culture shock, we have been here before and moved back so we know what to expect but also we really have not enjoyed living here this time and are ready to be back in the US. There is all the normal stuff of finding a doctor and church and things like that though.

I'm ready to be settled and not in transition but I'm also trying to take advantage of the relative "down time." I'm not expected to be anywhere or do anything for a while and I don't really have any "things" in the house to worry about cleaning or keeping up just a few books and stuff I kept.

Well I better get back to sorting.

Sabrina

Farmgirl Sister #3275
February 2016 Farmgirl of the Month
http://kidscrunchandchrist.com

Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2016 :  6:19:42 PM  Show Profile
We are having a little rain this evening. As usual it started about 4 pm so it was raining at 4:30 when I had to go close the gate. Of course, we had a customer taking their time at the brush pile and a late one coming out of the landfill and across the scale. Never fails when it's raining you have to hang out for at least 10 minutes and on pretty days when you wouldn't mind everyone is out on time.
The teller at the bank shorted us $11 dollars in a pack of $50 and I had to make a second trip.
Everyone was glad to see me back at work. They haven't ran an ad for my replacement yet.

Hoping the wild fire areas are getting enough rain to help the firefighters get them under control.

My cup of tea is almost done, so time to do something productive. Have a good evening, ladies.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Go to Top of Page

kymomma4
True Blue Farmgirl

516 Posts

RoDonna
Frankfort Kentucky
USA
516 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2016 :  6:52:50 PM  Show Profile
Greetings Porchies! I have been missing you. I try to catch up every few days but never get to write anything. I have been very busy trying to get some things done. I have harvested my sweet potatoes only to get very little. The deer ate some leaves off of the plants during the summer so some were small and not nearly as much as I usually get. I have enough for Thanksgiving though. That's a blessing. I've also made some applesauce and apple butter. We have an orchard not too far and I bought the ones they won't sell out in the store. They call them seconds so I got them for half price. They tasted really good my jam and sauce. I'm patiently waiting on cold weather to get here. We get cold only for it to warm up again. Ugh! I want cold! LOL! We've also been enclosing the chicken coop. We built a run for them and used what we had the pigs in as part of their run so the coop will be enclosed to keep them warm this winter and to make it bigger for them. We are finally getting eggs though. The different sizes crack me up. I found one that was really small with a extra large one next to it. We had to kick the guineas out of the coop though. They were fighting with the roosters. Now one of the roosters will probable end up in the freezer. He's hateful to the others. My husband did get a deer opening day. My neighbor also got one and he doesn't really eat deer so he gave it to us. Yay! I froze the first deer and tomorrow I'll finish with the second one. I'm making burger out of it. I believe I'm set for the winter.

I hate to hear that Patsy is close to the fires. The fires are about 2 hours away from me. At one time the wind was blowing in our direction and we could see some of the smoke. I hope that everyone is safe. We normally don't get fires like these in KY. We need rain really bad. Everything is so dry which makes it worse.

Sabrina..I take it you're moving back to the states. My cousin is also. She and her family were in Germany but on their way to Ft. Hood now. She is happy to just be back stateside. I think she loved living over there for a while but was ready to head home.

Shannon..Wow! What a move. I will be praying for you. I know moving like that can be stressful.

As for all my sisters that are under the weather. I'm praying for you. God has all of this under control.

Nora.. Welcome to the Porch!! So happy to have you here!

Well, I'm going to go get me some tea. I think tomorrow I'm going to make some pumpkin bread. I'll stop by and bring y'all some. Talk to you soon Sisters!

RoDonna

Farmgirl #2361
"Blessed is the farmgirl who helps make the world a better and healthy place" ~ Me

"For she is clothed with dignity and strength and without fear of the future"-Proverbs 31:25
www.pinterest.com/kymomma4
www.facebook.com/onthehomestead
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2016 :  10:33:15 PM  Show Profile
Sabrina...I thought you were already Stateside but now I know I was wrong. Well, at least you are close to being back home.
When is baby due? I have lost track...but it has to be pretty soon. Hope you don't go into labor in the plane. That would
really not be cool. lol You don't need that kind of excitement in your life. Glad to hear from you on The Porch...I know you
have probably really been busy.

RoDonna...so glad to have you on The Porch tonight. Oh, you sound very busy too. I think it is just that time of year when we
all get very busy with the Holidays coming quickly upon us. Can you believe that I started my Christmas Cards tonight? I have to
as I send out so many! I use to send about 140 of them but through death and cutting back...I send out between 80-100 with Friends,
Family, MJF Friends, Pen Pals, Prison Ministry. I enjoy doing them but they are time consuming. Oh, please do leave us some pumpkin bread on The Porch...sounds really good. Today I had a Pumpkin/White Mocha Latte today and it was sooooooo yummy. That was a new
one for me.

Judy...what are you hearing from your sissy??? We are all concerned for her house. So update us please!!!!

Nora...where did you work? Did you retire or what? Sounds like you are doing a family business too??? I'm confused...fill us in.
I feel like I'm missing a lot of pieces to your puzzle. LOL

Today...I went to my Favorite Antique Mall while hubby was at The Eye Dr. I had about 3 hours to shop and sit in the cafe and have
some reading time over my pumpkin latte and a mint brownie. Sounds like a weird combination...but I ate the mint brownie and drank
water...then I had the Latte. I don't think I could have done those two flavors together. I found lots of little stocking stuffer
gifts and some to mail out to friends. ~ It has poured rain all day and night and so I only got half of my walking steps in. I did
not have time to go to the Fitness Center tonight. Good thing I had some extra steps the last few days to make up what I missed
today.

Well, off to get some sleep and do a little reading I hope. First I have to go find my bed as I dropped my packages and Christmas Cards all over it!

Sleep Tight Girlies,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

Sobyn
True Blue Farmgirl

752 Posts

Sabrina
Kansas
USA
752 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2016 :  12:42:51 AM  Show Profile
Peggy-I get back to the states the 29th then to Kansas on the 30th. I will be 33 weeks preg when we fly so if I went in to labor it would still be way too early-I am not worried about that, just being uncomfortable on the plane. Baby is due in Jan.

Sabrina

Farmgirl Sister #3275

Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2016 :  09:17:44 AM  Show Profile
Well, Peggy. I am retiring on February 1st, until then I work for the county landfill. I am the administrative assistant, go for and trouble shooter. I run the office, answer the phone and fill in where I'm needed when we're shorthanded. And working with men we're always shorthanded somewhere during hunting season as you can imagine. It's interesting as dealing with the public always is. If you're a dumpster diver, it's the perfect job. I got my porch swing and garden cart from people just not having any use for it. The hardest thing I have found is when a spouse has passed away and the surviving spouse needs to get rid of things but doesn't want to throw it away. I have taken more stuff in for that reason in the last 11 years.

Thanks RoDonna, I like porch sitting both on line and on my porch in my rocker.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2016 :  10:03:40 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning My Porchies...

I got up early to go walk but it looks like it is going to pour rain any second. I do not want to be on a 5 mile walk and have
it pour buckets like it did all day and night yesterday. My dog wants to go on his stroller ride too...he keeps following me
everywhere to see if we are going or not. I can't believe that I was #1 on The Leader-Boards last week for walking. I did almost
90,000 Steps for the week. Which is pretty darn good since I only walk 6 days a week and everyone else walks 7. I think this is
my first time of being #1. I have only been #2 before and usually sit around #3 or #4. Last week we had a Wonderful Week Weather
Wise so I think I was making the most of it. LOL

Sabrina...OK, thanks for setting me straight on the flying and the baby. I had to take an emergency flight at 9 months when my
dad had a heart attack and I was highly stressed but baby made no surprise arrival in air...Thank God for small Miracles!

Nora...Oh, man I bet you have gotten some pretty awesome finds at your job! As well as some pretty gross ones too! LOL You just
never know do you? One time a friend of mine found a bunch of beautiful dresses, slacks and Jackets in a dumpster that were in
Cleaners Bags. It was like the Cleaners went out of business and dumped unclaimed clothes or some small petite woman died and
the husband didn't know what to do with her clothes and so dumped them behind our business. Anyway, myself and another friend
got the blessing of all these (looked brand new) clothes and we both could not believe that our friend found them before other
people started dumping trash on top of them. I bet we each got $400. or 500.00 worth of stunning clothes. Came in handy for
work and Church let me tell you. Back then I was a divorced/single mom who couldn't afford really nice work clothes like that.
It was a big Blessings from God!

OK...off to prepare my Bible Study Lesson. More later my Lovelies.

Hugs and Smiles,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2016 :  10:34:02 AM  Show Profile
Hi Girlie, Busy, busy, busy... so much going on here.
I don't know much more about the fires. Pasty said that she just reads the website 'maconmedianews.com' to get the news now that she's not home. There are videos, pictures, stories and blogs. It's a very good site for info. She said that the wind shifted and her house isn't in as great a danger as it was. Thank God for that. But it just won't rain. What's up with all this drought they are having? The poor animals are running everywhere. Scared to death! They told people that are still there to be careful especially when rounding corners and showed a couple of dear standing in the road when a car rounded a corner. They then freaked out and ran 2 different directions. I really appreciate all these brave firefighters that are fighting this.
They said that there isn't any states that haven't sent someone to help fight this fire!
RoDonna, So sorry to hear that you have fires too! So scary! Use to be we only heard of fires far away. Now, youngest nephew had them in CA., patsy has them, RoDonna has them.... people we know... everywhere!
We are having Indian Summer I think. 50 & 60 all week with frost at night. Time to rake leaves, trees are all bare now.
Well, make it a great day Gals!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2016 :  2:36:55 PM  Show Profile
So I am still so so so far behind with catching up, but I'm getting there :)

PGTammy - CONGRATULATIONS! I just read that you are FGOTM for November. LOVE that it went from one porchie to another! How lovely and exciting!

Judy - Prayers are continuing here as well for Patsy and everyone else being affected by these fires! What an intense year!!!

Nora - what a great picture of the cows! Glad you are feeling better!

RoDonna - Nice to see you again! I've missed canning this year! What a blessing to get free meat!

Things here are going alright. We still have no idea when our things will get here! But we did get wood this past Sunday. Good thing because they are calling for snow to start tomorrow night. We are excited... except we have no winter coats, lol. Looks like the Secret Service/FBI will be getting involved with the closing costs fraud :( Not sure what good it will do, as they said we will still be out of the money!

~ Shannon, Sister # 5349
Farmgirl of the Month - January 2016
http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2016 :  6:59:44 PM  Show Profile
Howdy ladies,
Just popping for a few. I should be folding laundry but it can wait lol it is always waiting. It is beautiful here still but our first real cold snap is due this weekend. We have really had a mild November so can't complain.

My little butterflies and I are presenting chapel tomorrow. It is called rocks and bread. I gave a couple some rocks and said I thought you might like these for a snack. The one boy looked at me and said Mrs. Schroeder your age is starting to affect you. I said my dear sweet boy we are talking how rocks can't be eaten and how God has given us true bread. He said well why didn't you just say so. Are you sure those gray hairs don't need to be fixed so you can think better. Now is that funny or what. Will have to let you know how chapel goes. I sure hope he doesn't mention that in our message tomorrow. lol

I have been reading Pride and Prejudice I do this once a year. Have been since I was 13 my sweet grandmother shared her love of books with me and this one stuck with me forever. I call my sweet hubby most day Mr. Darcy...heheheh

well I don't really have any news hope you are having a beautiful evening, keep well, and I will fly back in soon.
oh and I have added your many prayers to my list. Praying for God's healing touch.
love and blessings,
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Purple Skies
http://mypurpleskies.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2016 :  10:45:06 AM  Show Profile
Judy...well God answered my prayer for Patsy's house...as I prayed the wind would shift and keep her home out of Harms way. I know she isn't
living there but I am sure she hasn't gotten all her stuff out and probably would like to be able to sell it. Scary Stuff those fires.

Shannon...I feel so sorry about you be defrauded on those closing costs. I hope and pray that The FBI will be able to catch these people and
put a stop to their actions. I always feel like it takes pretty smart people to pull off these Schemes...if they would just use those smarts to
do a decent job with a decent wage they wouldn't have to rip people off and cause such heartache for others. So Very Sad!!!

Teacher Tammy...that was another cute Butterfly Story. LOL I hope Chapel went well today for you for you and the kids. I always love being around
children during the Holidays. The just burst out with all their cuteness and it is so fun. One Christmas I was out shopping and this little
girl about 6 or 7 was singing every Christmas Song she knew at the top of her lungs and I just loved hearing all her exuberance and lack of shyness.
After All Christmas has always been about a CHILD! ~ Tammy did I tell you that I am doing a Purple Christmas Tree this year??? Yup Purple & a little
gold on a White Tree. I can hardly wait...I feel like a kid myself! LOL

Well, I am just sitting here waiting for my little man. I should be finishing up my Bible Study Lesson but I will do it later. Wanted to chat with
my Sisters instead. OK, girlies I am leaving you some Hot Chocolate and Marshmallows on The Porch with some Pumpkin Scones...ENJOY!!!

Love and Huggies,
Peg

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2016 :  5:17:40 PM  Show Profile
I have everything in line for retirement now. All my medical cards and figures and I think I will be alright on everything. Now it's just waiting for them to hire my replacement so I can get them trained a little on what they need to know. Don't know why I feel that I will be letting them down because my replacement won't know nearly enough. But they have known for almost a year that I was retiring.

On a different note, I think my menu is ready for the Thanksgiving dinner. And I think everything will come together nicely.

Hope everything is going as well as possible for you, girls.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2016 :  06:04:03 AM  Show Profile
Good morning ladies! It's my last day working for the company I process Medicare appeals with! I'm excited to be starting a new chapter in my life :O) This morning it's 30' and overcast. I'm bummed we didn't get any of the snow they'd predicted earlier in the week. I always have liked snow for the holidays. There's still almost a week so I might get some snow yet before Thanksgiving.

Blessing report: I'm pretty much booked for Thanksgiving! I've got 2 returning clients and a client I started with on Monday (two 9-month yorkies and a 13-yo chihuehua) that won't be back until the week after Thanksgiving. I'm glad I requested that weekend off from Walmart. It's going to be busy!

Prayer request: Jordon informed us yesterday that him and his girlfriend are talking about breaking up. Since they moved back she feels she has to be constantly out of the apartment and spending money. Her friends are also buying her things like IPhones which sets off major alarms. Jasper needed a winter coat and she said she'd get one at the beginning of the month but instead has spent her money on everything but her kid. I ended up buying him a coat Sunday. She hasn't bought him any winter clothes either. The girl she's hanging with seems like trouble. She has her friends over and won't let Jordon sleep. We're pretty sure she left Jasper home alone while Jordon was working Monday night because I saw her at Walmart with her friend and neither of them had Jasper. She wants 50-50 custody. Everybody feels Jordon should get 100% custody. Please keep him in prayer. It's going to get rough and nasty.

Judy - I haven't been watching the news so how is Patsy's house doing with the fires?

Lenore - I envy your retirement lol. I applied for a similar type position here but didn't get it. I'm honestly not sure I could have handled the smell in the summer. The baler's weight office was in the same building where they'd dump garbage and sort for recycling. It was pretty pungent even in October.

Oops, it's time to get to work. Hope everybody has a great day! Peggy - I agree we need some yummy breads and hot drinks on the porch now :O)

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
Farmgirl of the Month November 2016
http://ndprairiegypsy.blogspot.com/
Prairie Critter Pet Sitter
"Pampered care for your pet"
Jamestown, ND
Go to Top of Page

Sobyn
True Blue Farmgirl

752 Posts

Sabrina
Kansas
USA
752 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2016 :  08:50:21 AM  Show Profile
Hello ladies,

Well the packing has begun in earnest. Actually I haven't put anything in a suitcase yet but I've started sorting. I decided I was just going to have to take everything to the basement that I wanted to take with us and put it all together like a puzzle. I was hoping to have 6-8 bags to take with us but now it is looking like we will have 10 plus carry ons. Man that is so much stuff (but we can have up to 12 plus carry ons and I guess for a family of 6 making an international move into an empty house it isn't so bad).

I have to call Monday and see if the cabin will let us check in early, then we will ask for late check out too. Hopefully they don't have many other people staying and we can do both. We don't NEED to check in early but we will have to make several trips to get all our stuff over there in hubby's little car so the earlier the better. Tuesday we have to take the pets to get their health certificate, the cleaner is coming to do the house (I figured I'm too pregnant to try to clean it, especially with all the kids running around at the same time) so the sooner I get the kids out of the way the better, and we move to the cabin. I also need to call the hotel to see if they happen to have had any cancellations for the day we catch the shuttle. We have to check out of the cabin by 11am (even if they give us late checkout it will be 3 or 4 at the latest) and the shuttle doesn't leave until 11:30pm from the hotel. So we have to figure out what to do all day WITH the cat and dog. We are going to go hang out at a friend's house right down the road but we have to turn the rental car in before 5 and I just hate to stay so late and keep her kids up so we are hoping we can get a regular room just to hang out in, hope the kids sleep some and maybe shower before the bus ride. Then we have an overnight bus ride and will arrive at the airport sometime early the next morning. It is going to be quite a trip, and that is just the first part!! I'll be glad when it is all over.

Tomorrow I'll finish up sorting the best I can and start packing. Monday I'm going to wash all the clothes and pack those then Tuesday morning I'll wash all the bedding and towels we kept and pack those. Then of course I'll have to do it all again a week later!

It sounds like everyone else is doing ok. Shannon I hope your household goods arrive soon and there is no damage! So sorry to hear that there doesn't seem to be a way to recover your money that is just awful. How crazy that someone knew you were closing and were able to send fake closing instructions at just the right time....how does that even happen?

Sabrina

Farmgirl Sister #3275

Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2016 :  09:15:53 AM  Show Profile
(((hugs))) Sabrina!!!!! My advice - do NOT wire money for closing! The hackers are hacking into realtor's accounts, which is how they know what is going on. Apparently it has been an issue since June of last year :(

Our belongings will not be here until around the 10th of December now. Please pray for us! Things are really difficult right now! Financially we are up the creek without a paddle. And now we will not have winter clothing until then. They originally told us one to two weeks after we moved we would have everything, so we do not even have our winter coats! And of course, there is no consequences for them not following through on time :( The kids are getting grumpy about sleeping on the floor, hubby's back is bothering him, my fibro is mad, and all in all we are really grumpy at this point! Please pray for us!

~ Shannon, Sister # 5349
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7446 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7446 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2016 :  09:18:44 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
Prayers for you and your family, Shannon.

If the realtor knew it was a problem since June, why didn't they warn you NOT to send the oney? Is there a way they can trace who picked it up? Some places have cameras that would get a picture of the one picking up the wired money.

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Farm Girl of the Month August 2015
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

"Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly . . . on a broomstick - we're flexible, like that."
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2016 :  2:13:52 PM  Show Profile
It would have been nice to have been warned. Here is an article similar to what happened to us :( http://www.chicagotribune.com/classified/realestate/ct-re-0403-kenneth-harney-column-20160331-column.html

~ Shannon, Sister # 5349
Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2016 :  2:39:47 PM  Show Profile
Good luck with the move, Sabrina. Hope everything goes smoothly.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Go to Top of Page

Ladybek9756
True Blue Farmgirl

882 Posts

Rebecca
Linneus Maine
USA
882 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2016 :  5:44:41 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Ladybek9756's MSN Messenger address  Send Ladybek9756 a Yahoo! Message
Shannon, so sorry to hear about your scam. I shutter at the thought of this happening to us as we wired the cost and closing cost for our home back in July. It is a shame that nothing is safe these days

Sabrina, good luck with your final move back to the states. I remember when I lived in Japan and had to pack up and move back stateside. It is a stressful time, without the additional stress of being pregnant. I hope that everything works out for you.

Tammy I am sorry to hear about the breakup, but especially how the mother is not very loving for her child. I hope your son gets full custody. He sounds like a very loving father.

Lenore, did you give them a time frame for your replacement. When my husband went to retire, he did something similar and they had him work an additional year before he gave them a time frame. Good luck on your retirement.

Well I have a whole week of no men around my house making a lot of noise. They did finish putting in the two new wood stoves and part of the foundation. They will be back after Thanksgiving to continue on the remodeling work and our foundation. I also have another contractor who will be installing a new front door and windows throughout our house. I told everyone they had to be done the week before Christmas. We shall see. I have posted the new pictures in my other thread titled "New Life" of the work completed thus far.
Well my husband wants to watch a movie and relax for the remainder of the evening so will be on later.
Take care and I hope that everyone has a beautiful Thanksgiving.
Becky

May the stars carry your sadness away. May the flowers fill your heart with beauty, and may hope forever wipe away your tears.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page