Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

Sobyn
True Blue Farmgirl

752 Posts

Sabrina
Kansas
USA
752 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2016 :  07:26:11 AM  Show Profile
Shannon-goodness that is awful. We did wire money for closing but luckily it all went well and no scams and now we are done. I'm so sorry your move has been so difficult. Why is it taking so long to get your household goods? That just seems ridiculous! I remember our last move as a kid when my dad was in the Navy, it took so long to get our stuff my mom started thinking it was lost-but it finally showed up. Praying things start improving for you!!

Nothing new here, tomorrow starts marathon laundry and packing! Think I'll start on some kids things after they go to sleep tonight.

Sabrina

Farmgirl Sister #3275
February 2016 Farmgirl of the Month
http://kidscrunchandchrist.com

Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2016 :  11:32:18 AM  Show Profile
We had a skiff of snow this morning and the wind is really strong. The state of VA is under a burn ban. I started on the Thanksgiving cleaning. The cats run for the hills when I get the vacuum out. I picked the radio up to dust under it and three stink bugs were hiding there. I have a colony of October beetles in every corner every day. I hate them. Whoever thought they were a good idea to kill other bugs.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2016 :  1:29:44 PM  Show Profile
Good Morning My Porchies...

Well, I got most of my walk in before it starts raining again. This week is suppose to be rain all week...with Tues. and Thursday being the worst!
I had a really bad Fibro Day Yesterday...I stayed in my Pajamas all day and just took it easy, watching Football (yeah, my Seahawks won again!)
and then I colored and worked on Christmas Cards. Did some online shopping too. I am not one who goes out to do Black Friday Shopping...I don't
really like crowds. I do like to go out the week of Christmas and get in the fray and do last minute Stocking Stuffers. Now, that is fun and I only
go to one store to do it all.

Sabrina...praying for any easier transition from here on out. How long is the flight from Germany?

Shannon...I feel so badly that you guys got ripped off on a scam...but bless your heart for warning others.

Prairie Tammy...I can believe the girlfriend is finally showing her true colors. And I can't believe she left your grandson
by himself. That is so wrong on every level. Soooooooooooooooo horrible to do to a child. I do hope your son gets custody but it will
be an uphill battle.

Judy...hope you and hubby are doing ok. And Patsy too. Have you talked to her again?

OK Porchies lets share our Thanksgiving plans with each other: I will go first

We are going out to Dinner as that was My Husbands Request this year. We are going to The Red Lion just over the Bridge in Oregon. The Restaurant
sits on The Columbia River so we will have a beautiful view. This meal is served In an Upscale Buffet Style. Which we like because many places serve
just one plate of food for $30.00 a plate. We are paying $40.00 for all you can eat. It is Traditional Thanksgiving fare with the addition of all
kinds of Seafood, plus Prime Rib, plus Gourmet Desserts. A bit on the spendy side but we plan for it each year just in case that is what we decide
to do. We will have Shane, Sadie, the two kids, her mom and then her dad and his wife Shelly, and Myself, hubby and middle son Pat. We all get along
like one big happy family and so it is always a pleasure to gather together and enjoy each other's company! Priceless!!!

OKay, now it's your turn!!

Love, Hugs, And Blessings,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Dec 2011-Farmgirl of the Month
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

Don't allow others to steal the Glitz from your *SPARKLE*

Life is too short to knit with ugly yarn!

Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch
Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2016 :  4:11:58 PM  Show Profile
Well, we have our dinner on Saturday after Thanksgiving. We fry a turkey, roast a turkey and have either bear or deer. I fix most of the sides mashed potatoes, gravy, green beans with ham, coleslaw, deviled eggs, sweet potatoes with marshmallows, and pies. Jay's mom does the dressings both oyster and regular. We have between 30 and 50 family and friends. It's fun and on Sunday morning I decorate for Christmas, which has always been my favorite holiday. Not for the material things but the way it makes everyone feel.

Have a great Thanksgiving Day whenever you celebrate it.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2016 :  5:18:35 PM  Show Profile
Hello ladies! It's turned cold and gray. I'm still hoping for snow LOL It was getting really bitter though on my last dog walk tonight. Temps have dropped into the teens now. I may have to break out the Carhartt bib and jacket.

Today is my birthday :O) After supper we're going to go to see Fantastic Beasts. I think you all know I love any Harry Potter LOL I'm such a nerd LOL Matt got me a coloring book and gift certificates for 2 massages!!! along with a book. A pretty good haul if I say so :O)

Well Jordon's girlfriend took off with Jasper. She lied about going to Fargo with her girlfriend and instead moved in with a guy. We've filed a complaint with protective services. She's living with some guy that Jordon was told was a drug dealer. When they were talking to protective services and gave the name the woman said she thought he was on the sex offender list. It's terrifying to know that they know this guy's name. Please keep our little guy in your prayers. He desperately needs them. Jordon was contacted by a couple that saw her and Jasper Saturday at McDonalds and said when they picked him up he was soaked in urine. She didn't have the diaper bag because the people she was with had taken off with it in their car. She hasn't changed her FB page and still shows she's engaged and has her last name listed as my son's (they're not married). She told the couple at McDonald's that it's a "secret" she's dating this guy. She's changed her phone number so we have no way to contact her. We've contacted an attorney to start working towards custody but with the holiday it's been difficult finding someone. We're hoping for a phone call by Wednesday. Before she changed her number she said she'd bring Jasper over for a visit tomorrow but now we have no idea if she will or not or even when if she does. She's requesting a one-on-one discussion with him if "he'll" be civil. We've already told him he can't be with her or talk to her with a witness. Jordon's a wreck and can't sleep. He's over here constantly because he can't stand the apartment. He did do some cleaning this morning and says he has about a dozen bags of laundry that she never washed. My guess is most of the baby clothes are probably urine soaked. From the sounds of it she just buys more clothes instead of being bothered with washing them. Peggy - you're right this will be an uphill battle. We will have to document everything.

Okay, I need to go get ready for my movie :O) I hope you ladies have an awesome night. There's DQ ice cream cake on the porch for everybody to have. I'm wondering at my wisdom on requesting an ice cream cake when it's 17' out lol

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
Farmgirl of the Month November 2016
http://ndprairiegypsy.blogspot.com/
Prairie Critter Pet Sitter
"Pampered care for your pet"
Jamestown, ND
Go to Top of Page

AutumnCountyGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

102 Posts

Kiersten
Suffolk Virginia
USA
102 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2016 :  5:25:09 PM  Show Profile
Hello! It was recommended on Facebook that I come over here and check out the virtual porch sitting. I'm really enjoying the Farmgirl Sisterhood! I'm a bit busy lately though so I'm slowly getting my foot in the door. I'm busy working this week and helping my mom clean for house guests on Thursday. Plus, my man's 26th birthday is tomorrow! We both have to work nights though so we will celebrate on Friday with dinner at his parent's house. :)

Kiersten
https://autumncountrygirl93.wordpress.com/
Farmgirl Sister #7232
Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2016 :  6:38:27 PM  Show Profile
Welcome to the porch, Kiersten

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2016 :  8:19:57 PM  Show Profile
Hi Kirsten! Welcome!* hands you a hot cuppa* Grab a seat and tell us a little bit about yourself. Tell your man Happy Birthday from 'The Farmgals!'
So sorry to hear all the problems girls. I'm Praying for you!
Pasty called yesterday. She's staying at her sons until after Thanksgiving. Too much smoke around her area. She said the wind keeps shifting and there just isn't any stability in the atmosphere at all. They really need rain... but there's none in the forecast anywhere. The drought is just awful this year!
Prairie Tammy, I thought your birthday was the 25th like my husbands. Happy Birthday!
Unfortunately, it's Dave's turn to work on Thanksgiving so I will be bachelor-etting it(it's a word, right?)
I think Bob Evans is open again this year. They had a great meal last year. It was their 1st time being open on that day. I was glad for it!
Cold and windy here. We got up to an inch of snow SonDay morning! It was windy all day too!
Oh... we went to see the Canton Symphony Orchestra Saturday night. We had a white out about an hour before we had to leave. It was so windy that it blew sideways. By the time we left though, it had calmed down to flurries. After we got home it started fiercely blowing n snowing again. (Thank You God for the weather-break while we enjoyed the concert)! Can I just say...OMGoshOMGoshOMGosh, it was FABULOUS!!!! I am a lover of NPR radio and classical music anyhow... but to see it done LIVE was just AMAZING!!! How people can play a violin so fast is beyond me. Their fingers just fly. It was all string instruments, except for a harpsichord and a grand piano used only in a couple of songs. Dave and I both enjoyed it immensely. We were celebrating his first Saturday off in.... forever! Hahaha He has a different schedule now and will actually have Saturdays off. We both volunteered to work weekends and evenings when we both worked. We enjoyed having weekdays off, when places weren't crowded plus we could schedule car, Dr., dentist, etc., without any trouble.
Well, that's it for me. Have a great evening Porch-Buds!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
FGOTM:Jan.2012
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"
"Give a weed an inch and it'll take a yard!"
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2016 :  8:47:15 PM  Show Profile
Kiersten - Glad you made it over from FB and found us! This is an awesome group of ladies. I've been hanging around here for years.

Fantastic Beasts was a great movie. I cried at the end lol.

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
Jamestown, ND
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2016 :  12:24:00 AM  Show Profile
WELCOME TO THE PORCH KIERSTEN!!!! Glad that you found us. Try to come regularly and tell us a bit about yourself each time so we get to know you.
You will Love all the Girls here! Just kick your boots off and stay awhile and you will get to know us too. Happy Birthday to your Hubby!!!

Judy...Oh, you sound like you are having Winter Weather too. Our is rain, rain and more rain in The Valley but snow, snow and more snow in the Mountains.
Which makes the Ski Resorts Happy and the skiers too. ~ Well, Bob Evans and you have a date for Thanksgiving again this year huh? Sounds like a plan!
Do you get take out for Dave for his Dinner when he gets home? Is he still losing weight? I want his recipe for Success! LOL ~ I'm glad that you liked the
Concert that you two went to. I am not a classical Music Fan. My husband loves it though and my youngest DIL. My youngest son and I both get depressed
or extremely melancholy when we listen to it. When I was trying to get Medical Disability for my Fibro...they made me go to a shrink to get his opinion on
my depression...and he was playing classical music in the waiting room and I liked to have gone over the edge of the cliff...while waiting for him to see
me. When I told him his music choice was extremely depressing...he looked at me like I had just sprouted horns and a tail. LOL He said, "Most people find
it soothing and relaxing. You are the first person I have ever known who found it depressing." I said, "Well, I will introduce you to my youngest son and
then you will know 2 of us. LOL He turned out to be a great Psych. Doc and I really enjoyed our session. He kept asking me questions and then asked if he
could quote me on some of my answers. LOL I do love fast paced violin music though. Nothing depressing about that. I wish I could think of the gal I love
so much who plays the violin like that...but my brain is tired and I can't think. Fibro-Fog! ~ Do they have that fire finally put out? or is it still burning?

Prairie Tammy...both you and my oldest Son & DIL and the girls...loved Fantastic Beasts too. I can't wait to see it. Maybe over the Holidays my boys and
I can go see it. My husband wouldn't like it at all. But like you I loved all the Harry Potter Books...so I know I will like it. I didn't want to read the
Book Script however. I guess I had to read too many scripts in Theater over the years...I finally gave it all up in my mid forties as it was taking me
longer and longer to memorize my lines. So, I wasn't really motivated to read Fantastic Beasts in Script Form.~ Oh, thanks for the Ice Cream Cake. It is a bit
too cold to eat it out on The Porch...so, I'm taking mine inside to enjoy!

OK...off to read before I fall asleep!

Keep warm and snuggly,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

Ladybek9756
True Blue Farmgirl

882 Posts

Rebecca
Linneus Maine
USA
882 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2016 :  05:47:34 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Ladybek9756's MSN Messenger address  Send Ladybek9756 a Yahoo! Message
Tammy sorry to hear about your grandson. I sure hope that your son gets full custody. It appears as though she really doesn't want the child and will use him to get her way. I will continue to pray that the powers to be will find favor and award the young child to the best parent and the one who can show him the true value of life.

Welcome to the porch and MJF site Kiersten.

It snowed last night and gave us a good dusting. I felt like a schoolgirl. I came downstairs and took my husband outside in the falling snow. For Thanksgiving, I shall be cooking our first Thanksgiving dinner in our new home. I make a stuffed turkey, a special relish that my husband loves, green bean casserole, sweet potatoes, and a butter roll that uses a lot of butter in the recipe. Paul loves it because they are so flaky. I can't make a pie crust, but I can make a flaky pull apart rolls. For desert, I found a pumpkin pie recipe called Uncle Bud's Creamy Pumpkin Pie with Honey and Spice Whipped Cream. I found the recipe in a 1900's cookbook which is full of stories about the author's family and recipes from their time during the very early 1900's. It is my favorite cookbook and I go there for most of my holiday recipes. It will just be the two of us along with our three furry children whom I am sure will be waiting for their supper as well.
About 3 years ago, Paul bought me a first edition of the cookbook and I use my old copy and keep that one on the self because it is a 1st edition. It has some amazing recipes.

The one going work around here is finding coming to an end. I kicked most of the boys out for this week, however, one of our neighbors I couldn't. He is working on a few projects around here and since he is providing his time for free and we only have to pay for materials, I couldn't say no to his time. I posted pictures of the work so far that has been completed in the other thread "New Life" of progress during week two. I didn't take any pictures of the basement and foundation, only the living area of the house. It really is coming along nicely. One more room and the house portion will be completed for the winter season. Come spring I will be painting the interior of the house and then it will be just decorating and furnishing the place. God has truly blessed my family this year. The most amazing part of all of this, is I finally found where I belong and home. I no longer feel loss.
Happy Thanksgiving my farm girl sisters!
Becky

May the stars carry your sadness away. May the flowers fill your heart with beauty, and may hope forever wipe away your tears.
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2016 :  07:17:10 AM  Show Profile
Good morning dear porchies! It is a brisk morning here out west, and I LOVE it! Not sure what is on the agenda today... I'm not feeling 100%. I think I might help the kiddos make gifts for one another. Good thing they have great imaginations!!! Some of the things they came up with this year, I would not have thought of! With all that is going on, between the fraud mess and still not having our stuff, we are going small and simple. But honestly, it works great in that it fits well with where we are... it just feels right :) Hubby is going to replace two seals on the woodstove so that our house will quit being full of smoke :)

Prairie Tammy - Happy birthday! THank you for the ice cream cake - the lovely thing is that even though it is full of dairy, it won't hurt me this time ;) Virtual desserts are the best :) I'm so so sorry to hear about the girlfriend! As long as you keep everything really well documented, there is a chance Jordan will get custody. A dear friend of ours, who had been married to his now ex-wife for years, was able to prove her instability and that it was better for the girls (they had two) to stay with him. She only gets them for a couple weeks during the summer now... though I'm not sure how that is even going to work now that they are in Germany due to orders... but my point is that if it is in the best interest of the child to be with the father, judges are more willing to declare that now than they were years ago!!!

Kiersten - So glad to have you join us! i am seriously debating getting on Facebook, and if I do, I'll have to join the MJF page :) Looking forward to getting to know you better!

Judy - the orchestra sounds just lovely!!! And how wonderful for God to calm the storm right when you needed Him to... I love how He does that in our lives as well!!! So sorry to hear that Patsy is still having to deal with all that smoke! Hopefully it will get better before too much longer!

Peggy - I don't know that I've ever heard someone getting depressed from classical music, but I know quite a few people who dont like it... some to the point of hating it! When our oldest was a baby, we had a Mozart CD for babies that we would play to soothe her to sleep :)

Becky - sounds like things are going really really well for you. I'm so glad!!! You had a rough time of it for awhile and deserve some true happiness :) The Thanksgiving dinner sounds yummy!!! I think you should have 9 more for dinner ;) We are going simple, since we don't have our stuff. We did pick up a turkey and roasting pan yesterday. Thank goodness Walmart had cheap ones!!! We'll have mashed potatoes and gravy, canned cranberry sauce and a vegetable. I'm just going to pull some frozen ones out of the freezer. I'm planning to make pumpkin pie though... we brought a 9x13 dish with us, so I'll do a no crust one in it. While traveling, we visited friends in Virginia, and went to the pumpkin patch. Each of the children got to come home with a pumpkin. They actually lasted until we got here (we had them in the back of my hubby's pickup), so I think I'm going to cook one or two of them to make the pie :)

~ Shannon, Sister # 5349
Farmgirl of the Month - January 2016
http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2016 :  09:52:41 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning My Porchies...

Becky...you made me feel like a School Girl too. I love snow here in Vancouver because we only get it for a week or two and then we are done with it.
So, for me it is very enjoyable. Not like Montana and Eastern WA where it can last 5 months out of the year. That is too much for me any more. That is
why my hubby and I moved here 32 years ago...we were both sick of snow. I will go on New Life and see if you added any new pictures since I was last
on your Thread. Have a Blessed Thanksgiving in your New/OLD Homestead!!!

Shannon...I know that it is weird for people to have that reaction to Classical Music but that is how it makes us feel...extreme Melancholy. Depression is
probably the wrong word to describe it...since it goes away immediately once we remove ourselves from the source. LOL Crazy! ~ You will probably find that
your simpler Thanksgiving & Christmas will be great. We all tend to make too much of a good thing...when simpler is less stressful and more enjoyable.
I read a story one time about an adult woman who wanted to opt out of exchanging gifts with her mom and brother because she was just too broke that year.
But the mom and brother wouldn't hear of it. The mom said, "Well, how much money do you have for gifts?" and she said, "Just whatever I have in my purse."
And so the mom pushed her to go look in her handbag and see just how much that would be. When she came back to the phone she said, "Well, it looks like I
can spend $1.89 for each one of you." They argued back and forth for a few minutes and finally the young lady said, "Fine Mom, I will do the gift exchange
with each of you but you have to both promise that you will only spend $1.89 on my gifts too." Begrudgingly the Mother agreed...not wanting her daughter to
feel badly. Anyway, I don't remember what each one bought the other but it ended up that they were all shocked just how much fun they had making their money
stretch into more than just one gift a piece. It really challenged their imaginations and creativity but they all 3 claimed that Christmas that it was one
of the Merriest, Most Fun, Best Christmases they had ever had. And from that year on they decided to carry the idea on into a Christmas Tradition, So, there
you go Shannon...make it imaginative and creative and every one will feel blessed!

OK girlies, I'm off to go back to bed for awhile. I woke up at 7:00 am and that just is not going to be enough sleep for my day. Have a Wonderful Thanksgiving
Week. Now lets share 3 things we are Thankful for:

1. My Abundance of God's Love
2. My Wonderful Friends and Family
3. Delicious Thanksgiving Food

Blessing upon Blessings,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

Ladybek9756
True Blue Farmgirl

882 Posts

Rebecca
Linneus Maine
USA
882 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2016 :  10:42:42 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Ladybek9756's MSN Messenger address  Send Ladybek9756 a Yahoo! Message
The three things that I am most thankful for are:
1. Home [My old 1865 farmhouse and the land to grow our food, plus the simple life]
2. My husband [No man has ever loved me more or made me feel so special each day of my life]
3. All the blessings that I have been given over the last 3 months.

Becky

May the stars carry your sadness away. May the flowers fill your heart with beauty, and may hope forever wipe away your tears.
Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2016 :  1:40:51 PM  Show Profile
The three things I'm most thankful for:
1. God's love and forgiveness
2. Family and friends
3. Unconditional love

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Go to Top of Page

AutumnCountyGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

102 Posts

Kiersten
Suffolk Virginia
USA
102 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2016 :  6:33:49 PM  Show Profile
Three Things I am thankful for:
1. My cats (all eight of them!)
2. My boyfriend and his wonderful family
3. My parents

Kiersten
Farmgirl Sister #7232
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2016 :  11:19:00 AM  Show Profile
Becky...It is Awesome to have a husband who treats you like a Queen.

Nora...God Truly Blesses us doesn't He? He is Crazy Good!!!

Kiersten...Oh Me Oh My Oh...8 cats!!!! I am going to start calling you the
Cat Lady! LOL Do the cats All get along? I'm curious because I do not think
8 dogs would get along very well from my experiences with two dogs together.

Have a Marvelous Thankfulness Day!!!

Blessings,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

AutumnCountyGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

102 Posts

Kiersten
Suffolk Virginia
USA
102 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2016 :  12:09:43 PM  Show Profile
Yes! All eight cats get along. They do have their spats but several of them were litter mates so they already knew each other. And my friends call me the crazy cat lady. :D

Kiersten
Farmgirl Sister #7232
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2016 :  12:30:30 PM  Show Profile
I'm thankful:
1)for God's Love & Mercies(which I surely don't deserve) Isn't He Wonderful!
2)for all the freedoms we have here in the good old U.S.A.
3)for family, friends and even the new friends I haven't made yet!*giggle*
(they're out there around the next corner)
HAPPY THANKSGIVING GALS!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2016 :  3:00:39 PM  Show Profile
My two cats don't get along when we're around, but I envy you being able to give a good home to 8 of them. I guess it's like my stepdaughter said once after the third kid you barely notice how many are running around.

Well girls, enjoy your Thanksgiving and making memories for the young ones following in your footprints.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Go to Top of Page

AutumnCountyGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

102 Posts

Kiersten
Suffolk Virginia
USA
102 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2016 :  4:40:46 PM  Show Profile
It can be a zoo sometimes but each cat is very special to me. You have a great Thanksgiving too!

Kiersten
Farmgirl Sister #7232
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2016 :  08:44:10 AM  Show Profile
Happy Thanksgiving ladies! It's an overcast day and there was a slight mist this morning, thankfully not icy. It's 33' with a high predicted of 37' today, but I think we're going to get warmer than that. It feels warmer than 33', that or I'm already acclimating lol

Plans for Thanksgiving:
1. I've got 3 clients today with multiple visits for 2 of them and a single visit for the third so I'll be traveling a lot. I was up at 7 this morning getting ready to start my first round to let everybody out, feed & water and walk those that take walks. Next visits will start about 3:30 and then final visits will be after I get off at 10.
2. Thanksgiving ham, cheesy potatoes and green bean casserole with Hawaii sweet roll about 1.
3. I'm working at Walmart tonight from 6-10 pm. Christmas officially starts LOL
4. I'm hoping for a mini nap if I can fit it in.

What I'm thankfully for:
1. Our health, I will need to have this benign nodule removed but it's nothing that has to be dealt with immediately.
2. My grandson.
3. My new job and my business.
4. I still have at least one of my dogs and my cat who thinks she's a dog lol.
5. My man and son along with the rest of my kids.
6. A future which is filled with potential.

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
Jamestown, ND
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2016 :  12:34:19 PM  Show Profile
I got to Bob Evans by 11:30 and they were plenty busy. Got a seat right away though. Had the full traditional turkey dinner but wasn't able to eat but a few bites. That will be my supper I guess. I got Dave a dinner for later too. I told him he was going to eat it all too, forget counting carbs today. That 'no carb' thing is amazing. I've only been doing it a week and already I'm losing weight and when I eat anything starchy, my stomach rejects it immediately. Weird... but a good thing! Right?
Well, Walmart was open today so I went over after dinner. The place was a ghost town. All the sale stuff was stacked up and in the middle aisles wrapped in plastic. I got a few things I needed and wished everyone Happy Thanksgiving. I knew that at 5 when the sale started their 'every nerve' would be tested. Tammy, I'll Pray for you. I never wanted to be out in the fray. I'm like Peggy though, I like going out the week before Christmas and watching people and picking up little things.
Well girlie's, have a great Thanksgiving!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2016 :  3:43:22 PM  Show Profile
Tammy - sounds like a busy day.
Judy - glad your plans worked well.
I had a day of rest working up to our big meal on Saturday.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2016 :  08:03:03 AM  Show Profile
Happy Saturday to my favorite ladies,
The house is quiet after the joy of giggling grandchildren, sons, and family being here for Thanksgiving. It was a lot of great food, conversation, and laughter. Yesterday was my birthday and so it seemed only right to have morning tea and chocolate pie for breakfast. Best breakfast ever. Today hubby and I are going to do a bit of shopping I have some birthday coupons and we wanted to do a bit of Christmas shopping. Then put up tree before I go back to school on Monday. Tomorrow seems like a good day to do that as it is to be rainy and very cold.

I just wanted to pop in and say hello and leave you some chocolate pie and whipped cream too.
love and blessings,
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Purple Skies
http://mypurpleskies.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page