Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

Tumbleweed
True Blue Farmgirl

1019 Posts

Nancy
Texas
USA
1019 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2017 :  4:34:04 PM  Show Profile
Good afternoon everyone

Hope everyone is having a great weekend. We got up to take Shylo our doggie child for a walk about 7am. We had a nice walk along the creek. We have walking programs on our phones and we wanted to compare our distances. We walk 1.3 miles....then the drizzle turned into a good rain. We were soaked by the time we got back to the car. I haven't seen it rain so much here in SoCal. for decades.

Put chicken in the crock pot. Having chicken fajitas tonight with corn on the cob from the farmer's market....yum!

TW

The fun begins where the pavement ends!
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2017 :  8:31:27 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Becky, when you see your oncologist give me a call. We'll discuss it further then. You will know what chemo and how often. Thank God it is only in your breast. Prayers continue.

Tammy, I'm in Peggy's suitcase too! LOL!

Tapioca pudding and a pot of tea on the table! Enjoy.

Be Blessed and Be a Blessing,
Darlene
Sister 1922
October 2016 Farmgirl of the month

John 11: 35 Jesus wept.

When Satan's knocking at your door, just say "Jesus will you get that for me?"

When it gets to hard to stand, Kneel!

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2017 :  1:05:24 PM  Show Profile
mmmmm.....all your tasty goodies sound so yummy!
We had a rainy first half... now it's just high 40's and cloudy.
Had a wonderful church service again. Since Valentines day is right 'round the corner, he talked about God's Love! There is any other love so WONDERFUL!!!
Enjoy your SonDay Porch-Buds! Love yuns!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
FGOTM:Jan.2012
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"
"The serious go through life blowing far too few raspberries!"
Go to Top of Page

Bridge
True Blue Farmgirl

814 Posts

Bridgette
Southern Indiana
USA
814 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2017 :  07:02:07 AM  Show Profile
Hello my porch pals,

Plans for the week? Are you doing anything special for Valentines day?

Regular week here I believe. Our plans for Valentines Day are to enjoy a pizza and movie at home! It is a special pizza we ordered from a school fundraiser and pizza is a favorite of mine.
Please say a prayer for me....I am having a personal life struggle. It will pass I am sure but my mind is in overdrive and I am trying to tell it to chill out!I need to be thankful for what I have and where I am in life.

Big hugs to all of you!

Bridge
Farmgirl Sister #7277
Put your lipstick on & be Happy!
http://stitchthrifty.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2017 :  11:05:03 AM  Show Profile
Jay won't be home on Tuesday. I made Beef Braciole for supper last night. I'm taking the kittens to be fixed tomorrow. It will be either two trips to Harrisonburg or a day of visiting and shopping. I'm leaning to the latter.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Farmgirl of the Month, January 2017
http://firecatinc.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

Sobyn
True Blue Farmgirl

752 Posts

Sabrina
Kansas
USA
752 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2017 :  3:38:42 PM  Show Profile
Hi ladies,

man I've missed a lot!

Little man sleeps great at night but he has been clingy and fussy during the day so I don't get much done. I'm trying to be ok with that but it is hard for me. Last week I started getting out and about again and it annoys me that it takes so long to get back to full speed/energy!

Shannon-what a scary experience! Praying for all the things going on in your life!

Becky-praying for you and your treatment.

Peggy and Darlene I got your tea packages.

Well I'm going to stop there because I'm typing one handed!

Sabrina

Farmgirl Sister #3275
February 2016 Farmgirl of the Month
http://kidscrunchandchrist.com

Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2017 :  5:00:31 PM  Show Profile
Darlene, got my tea packet today, thanks a lot.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2017 :  5:30:19 PM  Show Profile
Hello My Porchies...Back from a Fabulous Weekend at the Beach. I called it a Snack-cation! I ate
more Snackie junk than I have in a year. I don't eat that way any more and I have been paying for it.
On the way home yesterday I started feeling nauseated and I am still feeling that way. Have taken it
very easy today...not eating much at all. The weather here is really nice too. 60 degrees and Sunny just like the Beach was. I was going to go for a longer walk this afternoon but my body and the weather are
not connecting yet? I have gotten 6,300 steps in today on a short walk...the best I could do.

Darlene...I got my Tea Pkg today! Don't want to spoil things...so I will just say loved your Tea choices and your Tucks!!! Thank You so much!! Lovely Job! Hope you and Tammy didn't find my suitcase too stuffy! LOL You probably noticed that I over-packed. I always do! Living in the Northwest you have to prepare
for every kind of weather...as it can change 3 times in one day (truth). LOL

Tammy...Hope you enjoyed our trip to the Beach too!! LOL It was such a refreshing time for my soul
and heart!! My son, wouldn't let me do anything. He did the cooking, dishes and the whole nine yards and paid for everything. He is such a Sweetheart! He just wanted me to rest and relax and feel like I was
getting a reprieve from my daily stresses with my hubby's health issues. My middle son who I asked
just to check in on his step-dad once a day. Spent the whole weekend here with Larry. That was a super
blessing as I didn't have to worry at all.

Sabrina...so good to have you back on the Porch for a quick hop on. I know babies keep one busier than
busy! Well, maybe your little guy will start getting more peaceful days. Does he have colic or something that is causing the crying in the day? I had one son who had bad colic and it can be so difficult to
find just the right thing to calm that stomach down.

Judy...God's Love is the Most Amazing Valentine everyday of the year isn't it? This morning in my daily time with Papa...I was reading in my Devotional "Jesus Always" by Sarah Young and one comment gripped my heart and brought me to tears and praise. It was: (first off she writes as if Jesus is speaking to you)
~ You are My beloved in whom I delight; this is your permanent identity. ~ This won't affect everyone like it did me...as the Holy Spirit reaches out personally to each of us as we need it. But Oh, I just
can hardly believe that God Delights in Me...for who am I that he should even take notice of me and mine? But we know He does...because we are His own. But I guess maybe because of my husbands rages...it just gripped my heart afresh that God Delights in me and that He is my permanent identity. Brings me to my face in praise and glory to His Name. ~ Glad that you had another good Sonday at Church...did you get to talk to that same nice older lady again?

Sorry, if I didn't get to everybody tonight but I still don't feel great.

Real quickly...don't have any Romantic Plans obviously for Valentine's Day but plan to take Valentine gifts over to my grandkids tomorrow morning and spend a couple hours with them, mommy and the other Grandma. My husband did buy me a picture I wanted off of Etsy...It is called Birds on a Wire...and it
is 3 Birds made out of Buttons. I just love it! Haven't hung it up yet but will take a picture to
share once I do.

More tomorrow Sweet Friends and Sisters,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Dec 2011-Farmgirl of the Month
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

Don't allow others to steal the Glitz from your *SPARKLE*

Life is too short to knit with ugly yarn!

Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch
Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2017 :  6:45:38 PM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
Got your tea package Darlene.. thank you for the tea and tucks... such cute things! I likey..

Thomas Edison: "Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." :)
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2017 :  8:55:38 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Glad you are receiving the tea packages.

Peggy, I don't know why you wouldn't let Tammy and I out. We would have been good! LOL! Glad you had a good time. My son is just like yours. Such a blessing!
My husband has always raged at me. Not fun. I feel for you.

Sabrina, we get good at using one hand, don't we? Hope your little one settles for you soon.

Happy Valentines Day everyone!

Darlene
Sister 1922

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2017 :  8:56:04 PM  Show Profile
Hi Gals! Darlene I got your 'teas & tucks' today. Loved all the cute goodies. You've been a busy bee!
Thank you!
Sabrina, good to see you! Been missing you.
Peggy, so glad you had a nice soul-rest. God knew you needed that. I went to a different church than last week. I never go to the same place twice in a row. *giggle*

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2017 :  10:36:10 PM  Show Profile
Prayer warriors, I need you! My niece called to say her husband, Ron, passed away. By the time I got to hospital he was brought back... but for how long....I will stay here and wait with her!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2017 :  10:40:22 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Judy, praying for Gods will, comfort and peace.

Darlene
Sister 1922

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2017 :  10:45:57 PM  Show Profile
Judy...praying for your niece and her husband. Is this the one who is suppose to live with
Patsy that was sick??? Doesn't matter God knows!

Love and Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Dec 2011-Farmgirl of the Month
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

Don't allow others to steal the Glitz from your *SPARKLE*

Life is too short to knit with ugly yarn!

Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch
Go to Top of Page

Ladybek9756
True Blue Farmgirl

882 Posts

Rebecca
Linneus Maine
USA
882 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2017 :  04:10:25 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Ladybek9756's MSN Messenger address  Send Ladybek9756 a Yahoo! Message
Judy I have you in my prayers. God will see you through this.
Hugs
Becky

May the stars carry your sadness away. May the flowers fill your heart with beauty, and may hope forever wipe away your tears.
Farm Girl of the Month December 2016
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2017 :  07:29:17 AM  Show Profile
Good morning dear porchies! There is so much going on with each of you... my children and I have been spending a lot of time on our knees for our porch!!! Each and every one of you are so important to us!!!

Becky - I am so glad you have Darlene to help you through all of this, not to mention Paul! We are trusting that God will heal your body <3

Bridge - We celebrated Valentines Dat with the kids yesterday... we watched Lady and the Tramp and ate Chicken Parmigiana over pasta and salad... the recipe being the one they serve at Tony's Restaurant at Magic Kingdom. Tonight we are having a Mexican Fiesta (we are studying The Mexican War of Independence in History today), and I will be giving my hubby a gingerbread heart with a message in German, as we are trying to incorporate German holidays and traditions in our year :)

Sabrina - lovely to see you on the porch <3 Been missing you!

Peggy - so glad your trip to the beach was so lovely! God knew you needed that!

Darlene - I too received my tea package. What a blessing in the mail!!! Thank you so much! There are times I debate not "doing" the tea swap, but the monthly "joy in the mailbox" is so needed!!!

Judy - oh my!!!! your precious niece! Praying for all of you <3

Heather - thank you for asking about things here! We are doing alright... been sick though. Talked with a dear friend, who is a doctor in a different state, about my symptoms, and she agrees my symptoms sound like viral meningitis.... I've been battling a high fever, tight sore neck, nausea, and fatigue. It usually goes away within seven to ten days, so we are hopeful I will feel better by next week.

Well I better go back to helping the kids with their school. Much love to you all. Have some tea and upside down pineapple cake, fresh from the oven.

~ Shannon, Sister # 5349
Farmgirl of the Month - January 2016
http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2017 :  09:22:40 AM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Shannon, you have been coming to the forefront often and I have prayed for for you and your family. I have learned that when God makes me aware of someone, it's time to pray for them. I don't need to know why because He knows. Later He confirms the reason as you just did. God is so good and faithful. How's the CO situation? Praying for a full recovery. You are a busy mama and just like most mothers, we still have to carry on.

Getting my 5 grandkids, 14 to 4, for the weekend. Getting things in place to have it go smoothly. LOL! Planning meals ahead is vital, while keeping requests of the kiddos in mind. Amazing what they want. Venison stew, trout, shofly pies etc! Glad they like to eat good food and I'm already worn out! LOL! Making an ice cream sandwich cake for them. Everything I can prepare ahead is what I'll try to do. Gives me more fun time with them. My husband's in for a shock. He won't be delegating from his chair. Lot of dirty looks and eye rolling expected as he pitches in. LOL!

Happy Valentines Day!
Mint chocolate Girl Scout cookies and tea on the table in the corner. Enjoy.

Darlene
Sister 1922

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2017 :  12:28:28 PM  Show Profile
Ok, I got 2 hours of sleep last night. Running on adrenalin all day. Ron is holding his own. Yes Peg, this is the family that's suppose to move in with patsy. I had to finally leave and just got in. I have a deep chesty cough that I've greased up with Vicks and have taken Alma Seltzer Cold Plus and am going to bed.
Happy Valentines Day Porch-Buds!
Nighty-nite!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2017 :  2:12:35 PM  Show Profile
Really feeling bad today. I've only been up twice today. Coughing like crazy still. Kim said Ron is a little better today. Not sure what that means exactly. Keep Praying girlie's!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2017 :  2:31:50 PM  Show Profile
Darlene - thank you for your prayers!!!! Continuing to school the children is about all I can accomplish right now. The poor house is a wreck!!! How exciting to be getting your grandchildren! What do you have planned? That is about the age of my five older ones... 13 to 5. The other two are 3 and 1.

Judy - Continuing to pray for you and Ron!!!!

Today is an emotional day... it would have been Blake's first birthday. His momma is doing well though - she is celebrating his life rather than mourning the loss today <3

~ Shannon, Sister # 5349
Farmgirl of the Month - January 2016
http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2017 :  3:43:49 PM  Show Profile
Darlene - got your tea and tucks, and loved them all. Thank you so much!

Praying for everyone else and thank you for the advice about agency on aging, elder care, etc. - I'm looking into options. I'm really the only caregiver, so working on occasional respite care just so I can get out occasionally.

Love reading everyone's posts even if I don't always have time to respond.

Hugs,
Luanne

beekeepersgirl #691

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.

My blog: finallyafarmgirl.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2017 :  3:52:45 PM  Show Profile
The kittens made it through surgery well yesterday. I spent 8 hours browsing through stores after visiting at work. Tough gig but someone had to do it. But how do you keep two kittens from running and playing for 10 days? They were tangled up kicking each other in their bellies last night.

Praying for all of you.

Enjoy the orange muffins and tea I left on the porch.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2017 :  4:27:08 PM  Show Profile
Omgosh, Judy! I will pray for you and your niece and of course Ron and Patsy! Wow! that's crazy!

Nora, I only know one other person who makes braciole. (and I have her recipe.) She is from Rhode Island.

Hi, Sabrina!

Peggy, I'm so glad you had a wonderful trip. (I know all that snack food plays havoc with us doesn't it.) But, the views you had!!!

Hugs everyone.

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2017 :  7:18:58 PM  Show Profile
Hello ladies,
Just a short hello before bed.

Judy praying for your niece and her husband.

Darlene love your tea tucks and I think Peggy should have let us out of the suitcase lol we have been very good

Peggy glad you enjoyed your trip I loved all the pictures on facebook

To everyone else hope you are well and you are always in my thoughts

well I did say short hello. So I am flying out to rest my butterfly teacher wings for tomorrow.
love and blessings,
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Purple Skies
http://mypurpleskies.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

Tumbleweed
True Blue Farmgirl

1019 Posts

Nancy
Texas
USA
1019 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2017 :  8:35:23 PM  Show Profile
Hi Judy.... Will keep your loved one in prayer.

TW

The fun begins where the pavement ends!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page