Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2017 :  9:58:18 PM  Show Profile
Hello ladies! Sorry I've been MIA for so long but with working so much and moving it's been hectic to say the least. I've moved into my small house. Unfortunately I haven't gotten much put away yet but I'm working on it little by little. I still need to move my craft stuff over but can't until I get organized what I have here. Moving went well and Matt helped.

Jasper has been sick, spiking fevers and throwing up. I think it's due to the teething still. I had to call in on Tuesday because of it and stay home to take care of him. It's been making for a lot of sleepless nights for me. Got a text from the babysitter today his fever was back up to 101.2 so had to send Jordon a text to go pick him up. Jordon got a call that they'd closed the case against him due to no evidence so that was awesome news.

Darlene - I got my packet after I moved into the house. It was nice to receive it, sort of like a welcome package to the new place :O)

I'll try to get on this weekend and catch up on reading what I've missed.

Tammy
Farmgirl Sister # 2363
Farmgirl of the Month November 2016
http://ndprairiegypsy.blogspot.com/
Prairie Critter Pet Sitter
"Pampered care for your pet"
Jamestown, ND
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2017 :  12:41:08 PM  Show Profile
Wow...My Porchies...you have been very chatty and I just LOVE IT!!

Prairie Tammy...I figured with the move and Jasper you were probably
knee deep in boxes and kid's stuff. We all understand!! Glad that
Matt helped out with moving your stuff. That is a plus! Hey girl please send me your new address for the Tea Swap unless you are going to use
what we already have. Just let me know.

Judy...still praying for everyone. Is there an update on Ron? That is so scary that they declared him dead and then he came back. Will be interesting to hear if he had a near-death experience that he is aware
of. Is this Paty's son or son-in-law? ~ I love the fact that you try new Churches a lot. Do you think you will settle down to one IF and when you find one that meets your needs or do you just enjoy all the diversity? ~ I started your recommended series and so far I am loving it. Just barely into it though. All three rooms rented out! What a cast of Characters...but that is what makes the World Go Round huh?

Darlene...So, Happy you get to have your grands this weekend. How FUN!!
I Love that you cook all their requests. That is a Good Grandma if I ever saw one. Does your husband interact with them much? Mine will tease them a lot but doesn't really get on the floor and play with them like I do. Like I said before I had a great example of a "Cookie Jar Grandma" with my first MIL. Just observing her with my kids...made me want to be just like her. And I so appreciate her example because my Mom never got into being a Grandma or Great Grandma. She chose to miss
out on THE Biggest Blessings of her life. I was determined NOT to follow in her footsteps. My Oldest Step-daughter sent me two adorable T-Shirts for Valentine's Day about being a grandma (will post later) and My youngest DIL wrote in her Valentine's Card to Me that she considered me a Stellar Grandmama for her kids and told me I deserved The World. How sweet is that????? So, I think I have followed in my MIL's Footsteps quite well. ~ Your Grandkids will always have those
Special Memories with you Darlene...FOREVER!!! <3

Teacher Tammy...Oh, Mercy did I forget to let you and Darlene out of the Suitcase??? ROFLOL I hope you snuck out...I would have! LOL
The part of the Oregon Coast where we were at is one of the few places
that are that rough and rugged. It is just down from Boiler Bay where
the Ocean looks like a Storm Just Blew-in (but all the time). There is a view area there for people to stop and watch the Surf Crash on the Rocks. There is no real Beach in that area. My son picked that spot on purpose so Elijah wouldn't beg to go down on the Beach Sand to play. As it isn't conducive to a kid with a Leg Cast On. It was gorgeous there!

Judith...it was either all that junk food I ate, or bad Prawns I had in Cannon Beach on the way home. But I was sick for three days...just felt nauseated but never threw-up! Probably a combination of both truth be known. But Mentally and Emotionally and Spiritually...that BEACH Trip was just what I needed!! I came home feeling so relaxed, refreshed and up-lifted...it was Wonderful!!! Glad you got to see a lot on my FB pictures. That is one nice thing about Social Media huh?

Nora...glad the kitties made it through surgery ok. I bet it was fun to
go back and visit at work huh? And shopping for 8 hours...tough gig indeed. LOL

Luanne...well girl, you know we all have your back where dealing with your mom comes in. Lot's of good advise from everyone. Now you just need time to check it all out right??? LOL That's the hard part. Keep us posted! You are in our prayers.

Shannon...Oh, Mercy Me Girl...do you ever feel like yelling..."Stop this Carousel Now, I need OFF!" You, poor darling always seem to have
something drastic going on in your lives. Maybe that is just what having a Large Family is all about...I don't know. But going from one
Crisis into another does not sound like a Bowl Full of Cherries to me.
How does one get Viral Meningitis? And how do you get over it? Just riding it through??? Wow...really praying for you girl...and the rest of the Family. Can you pass that onto them...if that is what you indeed have?

Becky...praying for you! Keep us posted! Some days your Dream Come True must seem like it has a Dark Side too. Nobody ever wants to hear "Sorry, but you have Cancer." I have a friend from My Bible Study Group who has been in the Battle for her Life for the past year...but still
she fights fearlessly and remains so Positive. She even called me last night to find out about my husband's health, get an update on my Step-son, and share that she is praying for other's in our Bible Study Group. I prayed with her at the end of our conversation...but when I hung up the phone...I thought, "Wow, Now who really encouraged who?"
She just Amazes me!!! I'm sure she must have her moments but I never
see or hear them. When I visited her in the Hospital after her stem-cell Transplant...it was the same thing. She just keeps Praising God and reveling in everything He has done for her during this time. I
pray that you might have that same strength, courage, and resilience.
In God's Precious Name.

OK...hope I didn't miss anybody...but it is time to close out this Novel before MJF makes me pay them royalties on it. LOL

Have a Beautiful Day...Despite Your Circumstance...Or Your Weather!!

The Sweet Red Teddy Bear was from My Hubby. No guy has bought me a Teddy Bear since I was in High School. So, he touched my heart with his sweetness with that gift!

Love, Blessings, and Prayers,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Dec 2011-Farmgirl of the Month
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

Don't allow others to steal the Glitz from your *SPARKLE*

Life is too short to knit with ugly yarn!

Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch

Edited by - LadyInRed on Feb 16 2017 12:56:41 PM
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2017 :  4:37:27 PM  Show Profile
Man, I'm so sick of being sick. Can't quit coughing. Dave said hospitals are the germiest places. Ron is Patsy's SIL. Kim said she could hear him better today. His voice has had no volume, just a whisper. Something happened to him after we Prayed with him after he died because later that day he told Kim he was ready to meet the Lord. That tickled me. She burst into tears because she's not ready to let him go. I told her that this is what we Prayed for so be happy.
Peggy I like all the red you got.

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
FGOTM:Jan.2012
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"
"The serious go through life blowing far too few raspberries!"
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2017 :  6:14:25 PM  Show Profile
Judy...Get WELL Girlie...we like you FUNNY and Crazy...not sick in bed! Actually my Bible Study just got canceled
because of illnesses, one gal had something she had to do, one couldn't get a ride, one gal who comes the farthest
there was a landslide closing the freeway into Vancouver...the list just kept going on and on. So, when we were
down to just 4 I canceled. It is so Nasty Outside (2 inches of rain today and still raining) that I don't think anyone really wanted to go out anyways. I didn't and I'm the Teacher. LOL I am so sick of rain!!!

Well, I think I'm going to go enjoy some more reading in my book! Tomorrow I am going with hubby to one of his Dr.'s Apptmnts.
The one with the Pacemaker Dr. Then coming home to take a quick nap and getting ready for Sadie's Birthday Party tomorrow Evening. This is just The Family Dinner at The Old Spaghetti Factory. Then she is having a Friends Party Saturday that her hubby planned. She turns 30!!!

Later...gators,
Peggy
tomorrow.

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2017 :  1:18:28 PM  Show Profile
I know I'm not going to hit everyone in this post, as I just don't have my wits all about me. We've decided if i'm not starting to feel better by Monday, I will be going in to get seen! Today is day 8 of 102-104 fevers!!! But thankfully, no one else has it!

Prairie Tammy - glad Matt helped you with the move and the accusations against Jordan were dropped! I'm not a doctor, but Jasper's fever and vomiting sound more than just teething. Probably just a virus, but keep an eye on it. Low grade fevers are sometimes associated with teething, but that should be it.

Judy - so sorry you are sick! Continuing to pray for you as well as Kim and Ron! I agree with hospitals being germ-y places. That is probably where I caught my nonsense. We are all going to be sick more often with Brad working at the hospital, but my immune system is pretty shot with having only one adrenal gland. My body just cannot handle the stress!

Darlene - hoping your weekend is absolutely lovely with your grands!!!

Peggy - you have no idea how often I wish the craziness would stop!!!!! Honestly, I think part of it is spiritual warfare! I'm kinda in a limbo right now and need to get closer to God! My faith is still strong, which i'm sure ticks satan off, but my relationship with Christ is not as strong as it needs to be. My prayer life and Bible time are just not happening the way they should. I kinda feel like a fish out of water, trying to figure out where to go and what to do. Advice to get me back on the right path? How was your hubby's appointment?

Becky - Sending lots of love and prayers your way!!!

Okay - back to bed for me. Was checking on the children, who are all having their quiet time right now, so mommy gets to as well :)

~ Shannon, Sister # 5349
Farmgirl of the Month - January 2016
http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Ladybek9756
True Blue Farmgirl

882 Posts

Rebecca
Linneus Maine
USA
882 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2017 :  2:27:21 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Ladybek9756's MSN Messenger address  Send Ladybek9756 a Yahoo! Message
Darlene, I received my tea packet. I loved everything and the tea was great.

Well yesterday I met with my oncologist and nutritionist. He went over the chemo treatments he felt would be the best for my condition. The reason for the nutritionist was to give me a fighting chance against the chemo for survival. However, after meeting with her, I am forgoing the chemo and choosing a natural path towards beating this cancer. The chemo treatments would put me in danger of developing heart conditions and the other risks were just to great for me to consider. I believe the path I have chosen is the best and I am willing to bet my health on it. Please pray that I make progress and beat this cancer.
Thanks for your continued prayers.
Hugs
Becky

May the stars carry your sadness away. May the flowers fill your heart with beauty, and may hope forever wipe away your tears.
Farm Girl of the Month December 2016
Go to Top of Page

Tumbleweed
True Blue Farmgirl

1019 Posts

Nancy
Texas
USA
1019 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2017 :  3:24:42 PM  Show Profile
Hi Becky

My prayers are still with you. In fact I bought me a little note book to stick in my handbag to write down prayer request. You are page one. Healthy trails to you. Hugs and kisses.

Shannon...you are my second page in my prayer book. 8 days with a fever..ouch.

Judy... You are right. Hospitals are not the clean places they seem to be. Several years ago I was in and out of the hospital for a tummy condition. I got a case of Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus Aureus better known as MRSA. I had a weak immune system at the time and ended up staying in the hospital for days under quarantine. I was not a happy camper. You are my third page. I will have to read back through the posts to add the others. Don't want to miss anyone.

TW

The fun begins where the pavement ends!
Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2017 :  3:36:07 PM  Show Profile
Can't believe it was 60 degrees here in PA today - wow, what a treat! Praying for you Becky, Shannon and everyone else who is ill or need a lift up in prayer. Hope you all have a great rest of the weekend!

Hugs,
Luanne

beekeepersgirl #691

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.

My blog: finallyafarmgirl.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2017 :  4:50:25 PM  Show Profile
Nancy, I am so glad to hear that I'm not the only one who picked up a small notebook to keep track of our prayer requests.

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2017 :  6:27:23 PM  Show Profile
Becky, praying for you everyday.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Farmgirl of the Month, January 2017
http://firecatinc.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2017 :  10:05:33 PM  Show Profile
Hello My Porchies...

Just got home from 5 hours at the Hospital with my husband. He fell twice today and the second time I called
911. He is a big guy even after having lost 100 lbs. But we really needed to find out why he was so weak and
it ended up to be. He hadn't drank enough water, so he was dehydrated, he had a COPD Flare and his blood pressure
was 67/40 and and on top of that he was only breathing 6-7 times in a minute. You regularly breathe 15-20 times
per minute. So, they ended up giving him a breathing treatment, gave him a shot of something. Did blood work
to make sure it wasn't his heart. Did a flu swab. You name it they did it. So, he is doing much better but we
are both tired after the drama. If we don't come down with the flu or some other thing I will be shocked. The
Hospital Emergency Room was packed out with sick people. And when they walked me back to the room my husband
was in...there must be have been 20 people lining the hallway on gurneys and in wheel chairs just waiting to get
a room and get looked at. When we left 5 hours later the hallway had less people but the waiting room was still
packed to the gills with people.

Becky...I have done some reading on Chemo and Radiation and I think you just made a really smart decision. I think
I would make the same choice you did. I read that there is only a 5 percent cure rate with Chemo...because it just
doesn't work to cure cancer. Nutrition is really key to doing this the Naturopathic way you have chosen.
I really pray this will be successful for you!

Nancy and Judith...we almost need a scoreboard to keep track of all these circumstances to pray about. Notebooks work
really well however. LOL

Luanne...oh, your weather sounds lovely!!! I want Summer so badly! We have Spring one day and then another week of
winter rains.

Nancy...MRSA ... oh, my goodness girl...that is really scary! My sister who spent more time in and out of hospitals
than she cared to...was alway scared to death of getting MRSA. Plus she was a Court Bailiff and was afraid the Prisoners
would pass it to her also.

Shannon...you are on my prayer list too girl. I hope your husband makes sure you get to a Dr. A fever for 8 days is NOT
good. I do have a suggested for getting back into The Daily Presence of God. There is a Devotional Journal called that
"Daily In The Presence of God". I am using it this year myself. I bought it at Barnes & Noble. But can be ordered online too.
Then the Other Devotional I also use is "Jesus Always" by Sarah Young. The first one gives you One Main Scripture a Day to
focus on and then A short Devotional and then room to Journal your own Thoughts. The second one is just a Devotional
with 3-5 Scriptures to look up. I use my own notebook to go along with this Devotional. Because I read it first, then
write down in my Notebook all the main points that really popped out to me personally, then I looked up each scripture and
rewrite each one in my notebook. I re-write them because that helps to absorb The Word even more. Then in both The Journal and My Notebook I write a Prayer To God on what I got out of each devotional. I start my day doing this and then the rest of the
day I watch Papa God interacting and communicating with me through the rest of my day. The thing I tell most of My Ladies
in Bible Study is to just make time for God everyday no matter if it is for 10 minutes or a couple of hours...and He will
meet you there...and he will feed your soul. Because He is the Lover of Your Soul and He always has time for you. He delights
in that time with you.

Well Ladies, I have to get up and move. I have sat way too long today.

More Later girls...Love and Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Feb 18 2017 10:09:40 PM
Go to Top of Page

Tumbleweed
True Blue Farmgirl

1019 Posts

Nancy
Texas
USA
1019 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2017 :  11:09:48 AM  Show Profile
Good morning everyone...

Judith and Peggy Ann... I knew I needed a reminder so I can lift them all up in prayer. When I am at work I can pull out the little book. It keeps me organized.

Peggy Ann... When I got MRSA I didn't know how serious it was until later. Glad I didn't. Thought I'll get medicine to get rid of it. Realized later how sick I was and then thanked the Lord for getting past it. I think I have used 7 of my nine lives. Need to be more careful with the last two.

TW

The fun begins where the pavement ends!
Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2017 :  4:31:45 PM  Show Profile
We had a beautiful week-end. Jay's bro from Richmond came up and we got together with Jay's son, his girl, Jay's mom and dad for supper at a local restaurant in Broadway. Had a cheese steak salad, it was presented very nicely and tasted great.
I put laundry on the line to dry this week-end.
I really, really want to get the early garden stuff planted, but I know it will turn cold before the end of March. Though now that I'm home, I can cover and uncover stuff once it's up if needed.

Hope everyone had a good week-end. Hope everyone is feeling better.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2017 :  07:39:59 AM  Show Profile
Good morning ladies! I was blessed to be called into work Saturday as I needed the hours but didn't get much unpacking done due to it. I did work on the craft/computer room yesterday and finally got the furniture into position (I think lol). It looks like I'm going to have to get rid of a couple pieces of furniture as there's just no room. In some ways I feel this is my testing ground as I've wanted for years to be able to retire into an RV of some type so best to start the downsizing now. I'm thinking I may need to sell my spinning wheel which breaks my heart. I can use my drop spindle or Buy a travel wheel that collapses for storage. We'll see. I haven't been able to find a teacher to help me learn to use it so it's just sitting.

This weekend was absolutely beautiful and warm out! Took Lacey for a walk yesterday. She wanted to walk but I think I took her a bit too far so I'll have to cut back a bit on distance the next time until she gets use to walking again.

Jasper has been sick all weekend. Thick, green runny stuff coming out his nose and crank! Took him to the babysitter today so I could get some work done. I could tell he was feeling better as he was already trying to get into everything this morning. I have the day off since it's a holiday so hopefully I can get some more unpacking done.

I went thrift shopping on Friday and found some lace panels for $2/panel, so I picked up several panels to use on the windows. I think I may tea stain them. I bought some short curtains to put at the bottom section of the large kitchen window and I used the red & tan valance I'd gotten and used at the other place. Definitely pops with color now lol. I had some old herb pictures in dark green frames that I found when I was packing so I hung those above the window. When I find my camera I'll take a picture. I think it looks nice. It gives me privacy but still lets light in. I also got a couple pictures hung up so the weekend wasn't a total loss. Now to figure out what to do with all the boxes of fabric. While I was thrifting I found a cute lace angel that I bought to add to my collection. Thought she was a great addition to the new place. I'll take a picture of her too when I find the camera.

Rebecca - I pray that all goes well with whatever option you choose. May your treatments be successful!

Shannon - Did you get to a doctor? That's way to long to be running a fever.

Peggy - Sorry about your hubby. He's had issues with dehydration before hasn't he? I hope you get some rest and don't catch anything from your time in the hospital.

Well take care everybody! Hope you have an awesome President's day!

Tammy
Farmgirl Sister # 2363
Farmgirl of the Month November 2016
http://ndprairiegypsy.blogspot.com/
Prairie Critter Pet Sitter
"Pampered care for your pet"
Jamestown, ND
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2017 :  09:32:40 AM  Show Profile
Nancy...Yes, you don't want to use up all those nine lives. If you are down to two...best stay out of Hospitals. LOL
They will getcha every time with something...even if it is just a cold or flu. The people waiting in the Emergency
Waiting Room when we were there looked like most of them had this Terrible Flu/Cold that some of you have had. I
have stayed well so far other than a little food poisoning at the Beach. And that only lasted a couple of days.

Prairie Tammy...sounds like you are getting things accomplished slowly but surely. It takes time when you are working
and doing child care etc etc. ~ Your Thrift Finds sound cool! I think Tea Staining the Lace Panels would be great!
Too bad you have to sell your Spinning Wheel but if you haven't used it...better to get the $ out of it. You probably
won't have a hard time selling it. List it on MJF and ask that they also pay Shipping for it too. They will if they
want it bad enough. Life get's less Complicated when you begin down-sizing and it feels good to purge every 6 months
to a year after the initial down-sizing. ~ Yes, hubby has had dehydration issues before. He doesn't like water (me either)
but I force myself to drink it. He doesn't! He drinks Soda or Green Iced Tea. I often use "Water Drops by SweetLeaf" to flavor my
water. It comes in two flavors Strawberry/Kiwi and Mango. I like them both but the Strawberry/Kiwi is my favorite.
There are only two places here that you can find it but you can also order it on Amazon. ~ We are having a very Wet Presidents Day. It is raining cats and dogs again. LOL

Judy...I finished the First Sisters Book...loved it and will start the second one today. It is going to be a stay home and
read day for me. Wanted to run some errands but easily talked myself out of it as soon as I looked outside.

Big Hugs to Everyone and continued prayers.

Love and Smiles,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2017 :  6:13:11 PM  Show Profile
Hi All! Not hanging around today. Prayers going up for ya'll!
Peg, I just finished the second book and really, really enjoyed it. Such a spirit-filled story! I need to find the other two now!
Still in the hacking mode, Dave and I. Poor feller has had it rough at work. One more day and hopefully he can sleep in... if he can sleep.

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2017 :  6:55:24 PM  Show Profile
Hi Ladies,
Just popping in for a stop in the rocking chair. I am just flat tired. It has been a day. Sometimes I truly wonder what my purpose is and whether I am even getting through to my little butterflies, parents, etc. Today I am ready to pack up and go to the beach and never come back.
I hope yall had a great day
love and blessings and thanks for letting me just speak my heart
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Purple Skies
http://mypurpleskies.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2017 :  9:43:35 PM  Show Profile
Evening My Porchies...Well, as I said, I just knew I was coming out of the Hospital with something...just walking through the halls and
waiting room. I came down with a cold today. Slight Fever, runny nose, congestion, that all over achy feeling. At first I was praying it
was just allergies this morning...but no such Luck!! My ears hurt too. My husband decided he needed to stay away from me...which isn't
a bad idea...but really how far away can you get in a 1,000 square foot apartment? Not very far I'm afraid. But a cold/flu is the last
thing he needs. Early this evening he ran out to do some errands and came back holding his chest saying he needed a Nitro pill. After he
took it things seemed to settle down. I tell you girls this is hard! I feel like in my Devotional Studies that God is preparing me for
my husbands death. Which is a good thing and a bad thing. Even though the man can drive me CrAzY at least once a week I still love him to pieces...I am not ready
for the Lord to take him home. I guess...you never are ready. I was thinking this morning after Papa God and I had our time together that
once my husband passes and my mom passes...all my family members on both of my parents sides will be all gone...and my two siblings already
passed away. I will only have my children and my Grand-kids. Wow...to out live all those people is kind of scary. But then again...who knows
The Lord could take me home tonight. I've seen that happen before...where one spouse is sicker than the other but the one with less health
issues goes first. I don't even want to tell you how many times I've seen that happen. One of those Freaky but True Scenarios.

Teacher Tammy...I'm sorry darlen that your butterflies and parents got to you today. I hope you went and found a good book and kicked back
and relaxed for awhile. Reading helps take you out of your own head for awhile and that can be a good thing. The Beach would be a great escape
for you but I know that won't happen until your Spring or Summer Break. How far is the closest Beach to you?

Judy...can I come be sick with you and Dave? It would be less lonely. We could all snuffly, sneeze and cough together. LOL
I am 8 chapters in to the second book. I wasn't expecting the shift in room renters. That through me off to start with.
Ok, girls...I'm on to get more water and then a cuppa hot tea, honey and lemon. I feel done in! More later Gators...

Hugs and Nyquil Dreams,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Feb 21 2017 9:48:10 PM
Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2017 :  2:53:58 PM  Show Profile
Quite here on the porch. I've made a coconut cake for you. The weather has been so very nice here in VA. I've been tilling the garden and getting ready for spring. Some of the stores have onion sets and plants already. I got my new babies today. 12 Australorp chicks. Suppose to be very good egg layers.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2017 :  01:26:09 AM  Show Profile
Nora...Thanks for The Coconut Cake!!! Yum! And look at your cute chickies!!! Sweet! Hope they are good egg layers for you!
You are right it is quiet on The Porch. I guess I chased everyone away when I said I came down with a nasty head-cold. LOL
Come on back girls I promise Not to sneeze on ya all!

Answered Prayer today: Hubby goes in next Thursday Morning at 7:30 AM to have the PaceMaker/Defibrillator put in. So no waiting
3 more weeks after this week like they had told us. So, thank you for all your prayers!!! He will have to stay over one night
as they will be putting him through the hoops to make sure everything is working properly before they send him home. PLease
just pray that he doesn't get my head cold...because if he even comes down with a little sniffle we have to cancel the surgery.

Anyway, just wanted to hop on and share that...now off to take my NyQuil and go to La La Land! (oops I hear that is a new Movie LOL)
One I want to see too because I love Musicals.

Anyway, Sweet Slumbers Sisters,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2017 :  08:09:47 AM  Show Profile
This is great news, Peggy! Prayers that he does not catch even one sniffle, and that you get over yours:

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2017 :  11:26:13 AM  Show Profile
My cold is slowly breaking up. Sprinkling cayenne on and in everything. Breaks up congestion. I've always liked it in hot chocolate. Guess I'll burn this nasty gunge outta me with it.hahaha
We had 70 yesterday and today it's dropped from 48 to 38 in 3 hours and is spitting snow. WOW! No wonder we are sick. We are going to miss our Canton Symphony concert tonight because of our colds. Sad!* sigh*
Now my niece(Ron's wife)has a cold. I guess he's still holding his own. He keeps getting new infections, they fix that and he gets a new one.
Prayers going up for all of you!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2017 :  12:42:26 PM  Show Profile
Great news Peggy. Praying for him.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2017 :  12:01:11 AM  Show Profile
Hi My Porchies...

OK...my lymph nodes started swelling and hurting tonight and when I swallow I feel like I have a golf ball in the middle of my throat!
Guess I get to spend the day in Urgency Care tomorrow being swabbed for Strep Throat. If I don't have it...I probably will before
I leave. I'm a firm believer that Hospitals and Care Centers are the best place to go to get more germs! Ugh! Both my husband and son Pat
are like avoiding me at all cost! I would like to stay away from myself...at this point too. Don't know what will happen if I'm not well
before my husbands surgery on Thursday. PLEASE KEEP PRAYING!! Judy get well Sister...Dave too! Still praying for you guys and Ron too.

Ok...I need to go doctor myself up and go to bed. I wish I could use Cayenne Judy. But all those hot spices give me all kinds of other problems.
Me and my food and spice allergies!

Nora and Judith...thanks for your continued prayers!!

Hugs and prayers,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Feb 26 2017 12:03:01 AM
Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2017 :  09:51:08 AM  Show Profile
You've had the mumps vaccine, right? Sit far away from everyone else at the clinic and maybe you won't get anything else. Praying they get you back on the healthy path.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page