Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2017 :  10:48:17 AM  Show Profile
Good morning dear Porchies! It is a BEAUTIFUL day here in WY! The air is crisp, there is a fresh layer of snow on the ground, and I have NO fever today!!!!! This past three weeks have been loooooong as I have fought the meningitis, but Praise GOD, He has healed me!!!! Sadly, the snow is melting, but I'm sure the ground is welcoming the moisture.

Lisa - welcome to the porch! It is so wonderful to read more about you.

Peggy - what a wonderful summary of you too! It amazes me how little I know about some of the Porchies on here, other than what I gather from here or from there. How is your hubby doing??? When is his surgery? Continuing to pray <3

Judy - Oh I hate to hear about Ron's passing, but praise GOD that you were able to pray with him!!! I have listened to many documentaries that Ty Bollinger has done. I may need to purchase his book!!! His desire to help others is inspirational!!!

Patsy - Many many hugs to you and Kim!!!

PG Tammy - Glad Jasper has gotten some medications that will hopefully help his little body! I will continue to pray for him!!!

Nora - Sweetleaf Stevia does not have the crazy after taste that many others have.

Becky - Oh dear sweet friend! I wish I could just put you in a bubble (not plastic!!!) and protect you as you go down this path!!! Personally, I love hearing about what you are learning! Thank you so much for taking the time to share it!!! I told hubby about plastic... we do not use plastic containers for leftovers and we hadn't any plastic cups... but the glass ones kept getting shattered by the children. Guess I need to start rethinking some more items!!! I knew about avoiding soy, though my understanding is fermented soy, such as soy sauce, is alright. Is this true? And we try to avoid canned items, but yikes! So difficult for some items, and glass jars are so much more expensive... and yet, our health is worth so much more, so I guess I need to rethink how I'm thinking! I need to buy some stainless steel ice cube trays, but I cannot find any made in the USA, and I'm worried about what might be mixed with the "stainless steel."

Alright - I need to get busy on a few things. Much love and prayers my friends <3 I brought some cake and hot tea for a refreshment :)

~ Shannon, Sister # 5349
Farmgirl of the Month - January 2016
http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2017 :  11:35:16 AM  Show Profile
Hi all. Love these medical talks. We need to keep 'us' informed! I don't know anything about fermented soy sauce. I looked at my bottle of Tamara sauce and it's soybeans too... it just has lower sodium than regular soy sauce. Hmmm...
Pasty got in to Kim's around 8 late night. Today they are running errands and I suggested they all feta their hair done. When my BIL passed away Patsy's youngest did that for her and she felt like a little girl being treated to her first banana split! She was all grins! My niece loves the midnight blue color so I told her to just do it!(I was thinking of Pegs purple streaks) hahaha I told them to have fun and I'd help with the cost! Now they're REALLY excited!!! That's my family! It's just the little things that does it for us!* giggle*
So glad to hear Jasper is doing better!
Becky, tell us more about what this upcoming surgery is all about. If you already did, I missed that part and apologize for making you type it again!
We had 50 MPH gusts all night. I need to go out and check out roof today. It was a house rattler!!! It's still quite breezy. Praise God we didn't have the devastation out neighbors in ILL. had! Prayers going out to them! I hope we have NO farmgirls that was in that!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
FGOTM:Jan.2012
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"
"The serious go through life blowing far too few raspberries!"
Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2017 :  4:45:42 PM  Show Profile
Thanks for all the stevia information, helpful.
Got a good bit of housecleaning done this morning. Jay has a welcome week-end off. His daughter is coming down from DE to visit and his mom is going back with her. Saves me a trip.
Calling for a chance of snow flurries tomorrow. I told Jay it would be funny if we got up to a foot tomorrow because they aren't giving us a chance for accumulation.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Farmgirl of the Month, January 2017
http://firecatinc.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2017 :  5:10:16 PM  Show Profile
Hello sweet ladies,

Welcome Lisa always nice to have more sister join us.

Becky I continue to pray. I use Truvia as my sugar. My Dr. recommended it.

Peggy I got your sweet surprise today. It couldn't have come on a better day. Absolutely can't wait to color those sweet Jane Austen bookmarks and I love stickers. I had a hard day with my butterflies and school in general. OUr staff members need to learn to play nice. But oh I digress I just wish I could hug you. So pretend I have sent you a hug via my butterfly wings.

Judy so sorry for Kim and all of you. Glad Patsy is going up there. Will pray for all of you.

Ok I have some serious catching up to do for grading papers, doing some time with the Lord, and having my tea.
love and blessings,
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Purple Skies
http://mypurpleskies.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2017 :  11:04:25 PM  Show Profile
Good Evening My Dear Porchies...

Felt your prayers wrapped around my shoulders today. Hubby did very well during the surgery and
afterwards. They had him sitting up in a chair all afternoon. By 9:30 tonight he was headed for bed
just exhausted. I stayed at the Hospital until 1:30 this afternoon and then I had to come home and finish
my Bible Study, write out a few cards, walk the dog and the caught an hour and a half nap. Then
went and taught Bible Study. Got home around 9:30 and fixed something to eat. And my son took out
the garbage and did the dishes for me. I think I will keep him for awhile longer. LOL

I got caught up on all the reading but too tired to comment on everyone's post tonight.

Judy...how Sweet of you to treat the girls to Hair Color!!! I hope they both do something Fun
and Crazy!! Will make them feel better! I'm about ready for some more purple myself!!!

Teacher Tammy...glad you got that little treat. Something that just said, "Tammy needs this!"

OK...Ladies, Love YOU ALL and Appreciate you All so much!!! God's richest Blessings on All of YOU!

Love, Hugs and Joy,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Dec 2011-Farmgirl of the Month
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

Love The People God gave you...
Because He will need them back one day!
Go to Top of Page

Bridge
True Blue Farmgirl

814 Posts

Bridgette
Southern Indiana
USA
814 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2017 :  04:11:13 AM  Show Profile
Hello my porch pals,

I am up early for work, thank goodness I can work from home somedays. I have worked from home yesterday and today. I had a big migration of computers. So I am online bright and early in the event that something goes awry and the production plant needs me. I love working from home I get so much more accomplished.

Tuesday we had tornado stress, but thankfully my area did not get any damage. But we were awoken around midnight by the sirens. So we stumbled down to the basement with pillows and important stuff. There were two storm cells, so I decided to just sleep down there. About 12 miles away it touched down and tore up a few houses and a huge brooder house was destroyed. But no humans were injured just shook up from it. I was so tired on Wed, I just couldn't sleep very well. It is hard to sleep fully dressed with shoes and a headlamp in hand, just incase. Here are some storm pics https://www.duboiscountyfreepress.com/everyone-says-tornado/
https://duboiscountyherald.com/b/county-announces-debris-removal-details
https://duboiscountyherald.com/b/no-injuries-reported-as-ireland-blasted-by-storm

The rest of the week has been pretty normal, working, housekeeping and cross stitching when I can.

My weekend plans are to clean my closet out, work on spring ATC and cards, do taxes and regular house cleaning.

Lisa, welcome to the porch.
Becky, your in my prayers. I can not imagine the life changes that you are making, but I am proud of you.
Judy, your family is still in my prayers and thoughts.
Shannon, I am so glad you are feeling better and no fever!

Big farmgirl hugs to all!!
Have a awesome day :)

Bridge
Farmgirl Sister #7277
Put your lipstick on & be Happy!
http://stitchthrifty.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2017 :  8:05:09 PM  Show Profile
Hope your week-end is off to a good start. Jay's daughter is in and we've been taking it easy. We went to John Deere Days today for a little. Had lunch and homemade peach ice cream. Came back and played Monopoly. I lost of course, but it was fun. Then the whole family got together for fried chicken supper.
Wishing everyone a peaceful Sunday with family.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2017 :  1:26:22 PM  Show Profile
Hi Porch-Buds! Well, the funeral was yesterday and patsy and Grace are headed home today. They have great weather for travel. Mostly 60's. Dave's working so it's just me and the fur-kids. Yesterday was so stressful that I'm doing nothing today.
While at the funeral Patsy got a call from her realtor/auctioneer saying that 2 people had looked at her property and were fighting over it. AND... they were offering a lot more than what the auctioneer said he would get from it for her. Weird huh? A lot of people want mountain property to put up cabins for summer vacation homes.

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

Sobyn
True Blue Farmgirl

752 Posts

Sabrina
Kansas
USA
752 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2017 :  7:09:52 PM  Show Profile
Hi everyone, so much going on with you all still. I'm waaaaay behind but know as I was scrolling through all of the posts I sent up quick prayers for each of your needs.

It has been busy here. Hubby is heading out to a "long work" as the kids call it soon (yes I'm being vague on purpose). But my mom is moving closer so she will be around if I need an extra pair of hands.

I've been busy trying to get settled in and connected in the community. I've also been busy finally living out my dream of homesteading :). More about that in a minute.

The kids are in the AWANA club here and our Classical Conversations program and that is all going well. We have been going to the church where AWANA is held and enjoying it. We are getting involved in the international ministry there since we have always enjoyed making friends from other countries. I was also recently selected to be the Area Coordinator here for Operation Christmas Child. I was involved as a year-round volunteer before we moved to Germany and it was one of the things I was most looking forward to moving back for.

Baby is doing well overall just normal baby stuff. He sleeps really well so I'm thankful for that. He is at the awkward stage where he seems to really want to play and interact with things around him but can't control his body to do so yet so he gets frustrated. He loves when we talk to him and tries to mimic our faces but gets mad if we look away.

Ok so what I've been doing on my little piece of land:

We got 13 chicks a couple weeks ago but we lost two so we only have 10 now. We have 3 Brahmas, 3 silver lace wyandotte, 2 gold lace wyandotte and 2 Columbian wyandottes. This is a picture of when we got them and they were 3 days old they look crazy awkward now with their feathers coming in:

Today we went and got 6 laying hens and 6 guineas:

Well we thought it was 6 hens but once we got home we noticed one had spurs growing and was trying to crow so I guess we got 5 hens and a rooster.

The hens and guineas are in the coop and the chicks are still living in my bathroom. We will put the chicks in the coop in a week or so. I need to take some pictures of them at the awkward pre-teen stage lol.

I also ordered bees. They will be arriving in May so I need to get my hive ordered and put together soon!! Hubby is making me hive stands. He is also making bookshelves and trying to finish a few other projects while he can. I don't plan to get any other animals for our homestead probably for the next year. Hopefully we will get plenty of eggs and maybe we will hatch some for anew batch of chicks.

I have some other things going on but not huge things. I am starting training to be a bereavement doula in April (I have already trained to be a regular doula although I didn't finish my certification). I also have a friend who is going to get me in touch with an organization that pays you to provide phone support to those who are going through a miscarriage once I'm certified. It will be an occasional on-call thing so not too much work. I can't attend births for about a year anyway. The reviews I've been doing have kept me busy blogging but I don't want to only do reviews so I'm trying to find the balance there and it is a work in progress!

This is my version of taking it easy. :)

Well baby is getting fussy now so I better go! I'll try to not go so long between check ins.

Sabrina

Farmgirl Sister #3275
February 2016 Farmgirl of the Month
http://kidscrunchandchrist.com

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2017 :  11:28:55 PM  Show Profile
Hello My Porchies...

Hubby is doing very well after getting the Defibrillator. He is breathing easier
and he stayed up all day today. I was so proud of him. He usually sleeps all
day. We had decided that we would go see The Shack (we both loved the book) but
once we got outside to run a couple of other errands the wind was blowing hard
and it began raining Ice Cubes again...and my Fibro was flaring so we decided to
wait until Mon. or Tues. and try again. We had a really nice day though.

Sabrina...so glad to have you sit a spell today. Sounds like you are your normal busy self. That is cool that your mom is going to move closer to you. How special!
Your Chickens and chicks are so cute! Do your kids like to play with them? ~ My DIL and youngest son had a doula with their last child...Savannah. I really don't understand what their purpose is. What do they do that a midwife doesn't do? I
also think a Grief Doula would be so difficult to be. I know how devastating my last pregnancy was when I miscarried my only daughter. There was no consoling me. God and I just had to work through that pain together and it took a couple years before
I could even talk about her. I don't think me personally...that I could walk people through the loss of a child. I am sure it is a much needed area of service but you
would have to have ultra-compassion and thick skin to do it. I wear my heart on my sleeve and I just couldn't bare to go there. So, I applaud you that you feel you can!
~ Glad to hear your little guy is doing well. How about some pictures of him?

Judy~ I bet the service was difficult. I sent out a card today to Kim. Still praying for all of you. You've had to much back to back loss! Are you feeling better? I am totally over my head-cold but still fighting fibro-fog and tiredness with all this
rain. I wish it would just go away and give us a break! Last month we had all time
record totals and this month we are headed for the same. I'm thinking about building my own ark. ~ I hope there is a bidding war on Patsy's Home and Property and she gets
much more money than she thought she would. Are her and Kim still planning to live together? They would be great company for each other being Mother/Daughter and both recent widows. I hope that all works out for them and that they find comfort in each other.

Nora...well, your wish came true for me anyways. Nice peaceful Lord's Day for us.
What do they do at John Deer Days...just show off their New Tractor Stock? Peach
Ice Cream sounds divine!! Hope you enjoy the step-daughters visit. Monopoly has never been a game I liked. Maybe because I was never very good at it. I hardly ever won and it takes way to much time commitment for me. LOL I like quick games! I'm not a person who enjoys putting puzzles together either...for the same reason...Takes too long!

Bridge...glad you came to sit a spell today too. I would have enjoyed a job I could work from home on occasion...but never had that kind of an employer. I worked mostly Retail Management...and that doesn't work well from Home and staying in your PJ's. Lol. My oldest son worked for a Company in Chicago and he lives in Seattle. So, he
worked full time from home and flew to Chicago every couple of months. He did a lot
of Conference Meetings on Line. He thrived on it! Until him and his dad decided to
open up Music Learning Studios in Seattle. Now he is back in his own Office full time. ~ Glad you missed the Tornado Damage. Those where huge Twisters and strong.
The pictures probably didn't even show all the damage. It would be hard to pick up the pieces of your lives after something like that. I guess each area of the Country has it's own scary forces of Nature to deal with. I lived through the Eruption of Mt. St. Helens twice. The first time being the worst. And then we have earthquakes though
nothing like California does ours are small but we have lots of them. And we live in
a Tsunami Area too. If we ever get our big 9.++ Earthquake...if that doesn't get us the Tsunami will. So, we just learn to live with those things don't we?

Well, girls it is about 11:30 and I am ready for my book and bed. I already had
dessert and Tea so...I'm off!

Sweetest Dreams,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2017 :  06:41:08 AM  Show Profile
Peggy, so happy to hear Larry is doing well since his surgery! PTL!
Fibro is rearing its ugly head again and the fog is almost embarrassing! Its so bad I almost feel like maybe I had a slight stroke. Hmmm. I have a Dr. appt. coming up in about a month.
Oldest Dgd is coming next week for a few days with her 3 yr. old. We are so looking forward to that. We miss them terribly.

Sabrina, glad to hear new babe is doing well. I do love the infants!
You will be doing a great service as doula. We
We have had guineas. They tend to disappear...I do believe they go the way of coyotes. Would love to have them again to take care of the mosquito buffet; but, fear they would go the same route.

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2017 :  2:14:52 PM  Show Profile
Peg, so happy to hear that Larry is doing so well with his defibrillator. That WONDERFUL news! Thank YOU, LORD!!! Yes, Kim and her daughter, Blaize are still planning on moving to Kentucky after school let's out.
I agree that they will be good company for each other. And having 3 grandkids around should perk Patsy Up!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2017 :  3:50:22 PM  Show Profile
Yes, Peggy, they're showing off their new equipment. They have free food, and lots of activities for kids. You register to win prizes, however, I never do. Jay's son works in the shop, mostly on skid steers. So we go to support him.

The man who rents the fields across the street was spreading chicken manure today. It was so dry that you couldn't see across the street when he was spreading. Smells so good to. Hopefully we get enough rain to settle it or we will have trees full of buzzards tomorrow. I hate it when they are all over the place. I know they aren't going to bother the chickens but I still don't like them.

Glad to hear Larry is doing better.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Go to Top of Page

Ladybek9756
True Blue Farmgirl

882 Posts

Rebecca
Linneus Maine
USA
882 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2017 :  4:33:20 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Ladybek9756's MSN Messenger address  Send Ladybek9756 a Yahoo! Message
Tammy, I had not heard of that one before now. I don't use any type of sweetener outside of honey and maple syrup. I did use white sugar until just recently. Now I only use honey and maple syrup. I don't even use white flour. So it has been no sweets for me now going on 6 weeks.

PeggyAnn I am glad that your husband came through his surgery okay. Now maybe you can get the peace and rest you so desperately need. I want to see the movie the Shack also. Paul and I read the book a few years back. We might go this Wednesday as it is free popcorn night also. It depends on the weather at the moment.

Bridgette, I want to thank you for the package. I plan on taking the slippers to the hospital with me later this month. It was really thoughtful of you to think of me and I love everything that you sent. I wear the badges every day.

Sabrina, the pictures of the chicks are cute. Paul is wanting to get some, but that is on hold for the moment. I like PeggyAnn could not do what you are going to do. When I lost three babies in a row it took some time to recover. Then the doctor said that I would never be able to conceive, but a few years later I finally had two girls. It really takes a strong person to do what you are attempting to do. Good luck and I wish you all the best.

The surgery has not been scheduled yet. I go to see my surgeon on Friday. She wants to do a bilateral mastectomy. I had breast implants put in over 10 years ago and wanted them removed. Since I refused to do chemo, she decided to go ahead with the surgery. I am okay with that. Today when I felt the lumps in my breast, one of them seems smaller than before. I am not sure about the one under my arm. After my appointment I will let you know when the surgery will take place. For now I have high hopes that all will work out for the best.
Have a great rest of the week.
Hugs
Becky

May the stars carry your sadness away. May the flowers fill your heart with beauty, and may hope forever wipe away your tears.
Farm Girl of the Month December 2016
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2017 :  12:20:00 AM  Show Profile
Becky...like you I don't think hubby and I are going to make it to the Movie this week...as our weather is so wet and miserable and my Fibro is
flaring and the fatigue is kicking my backside! I sleep really hard during the night and wake up tired and just have to do little catnaps all
day long. Try to get a few things done in between times. ~ I continue to pray for your surgery and treatment plan. You are on my mind and in
my heart daily.

Nora...Thank You For The Tea Pkg. I just got it today! You have a nice selections of Teas. Can't wait to try one in the morning. And your card
was cute too. Thank you so much! ~ Sounds like you had a stinky day with the chicken manure across the street. One time I used a Fish Fertilizer on my Veggies and the smell was so horrible I about gagged myself and all my Neighbors. I never used it again. But I will say that the critters didn't
like the smell either so they didn't bother my garden that year. LOL

Judy...If Kim has her daughter Blaize...where do the other two grandkids come from that will be living with Patsy??? I'm confused...but don't worry with my Fibro Fog the last four days it doesn't take much to confuse me. LOL Did you ever find more of the books you needed in the series we are reading? Book 3 being An Undivided Heart and book 4 A Place to Belong? Right now I have three books going at the same time...so I'm reading book 3 of this series a little more slowly than the first two books. But I do like this series. Stay well my friend and know you are a treasure to all of us!

Judith...I hear you on the Fibro...you and I are in the same boat right now...with it flaring. I hope you were joking about a stroke? What makes you feel that way? My brain has felt weird lately too but I think it is because I have eaten a bit too much sugary snacks. I normally have my Diabetes under control but Valentine's day was a bit of a over indulgence for me this year. Shame on me. I think I was stress eating a little bit before Larry's surgery.

Well, my lovely ladies I'm really beat...so I will say goodnight and we will chat more tomorrow.

Hugs and Prayers,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2017 :  08:07:30 AM  Show Profile
Peggy - I'm afraid the cats would love the fish fertilizer. I use bone meal when I plant my tomatoes. I planted peas today. Glad your tea arrived, enjoy.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2017 :  3:54:26 PM  Show Profile
Nora, I forgot to say that I got my teas yesterday. Thank You! We are having a couple rainy days and I'm going to make one of them here soon and go read. My favorite rainy-day activity.
Peg, Patsy's son in Kentucky has 2 kids too... remember? With Blaize, that makes 3.1-2-3....ok...I'll stop now before you put your hands on your hips! *giggle*
Since I've been sick and running to the hospital I haven't been to the library. Now that I have time I'll do that. I really like that series!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2017 :  4:39:56 PM  Show Profile
Enjoy, Judy

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2017 :  4:51:15 PM  Show Profile
Lenora - I got my teas today - can't wait to try them. They look delicious! Your card was adorable also. Thank you so much!

beekeepersgirl #691

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.

My blog: finallyafarmgirl.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2017 :  6:48:40 PM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
Lenora: thanks for the tea package. It came just in time for me to enjoy because it is so chilly and damp with it raining off and on all day.. and also going to be all night..so...perfect timing. Never had the flavors you sent, so ya..yummy!

Guess what? I sold my house today!(through a realtor) Go meeee! woohoo...

The realtor had 2 people lined up and he told them to offer their highest bid and they both bid the SAME amount! The first offered his earnest money in the form of a cashier's check and the other offered a personal check. So before the realtor came to my house, I called Judy to pray with me about what to do. It confirmed what I already felt and the realtor felt the same way! The one with the cashier's check was more "serious",since he went to all the trouble of getting a cashier's check and he WAS the first bidder, so he got the house..sooo..

Kentucky here I come. Now I can concentrate on packing. Will be moving on the 30th, with the help of my 3 sons..( I hear Judy saying "I remember watching that show!") Getting a 26 foot U Haul on the 28th and taking 5 days to pack, drive and unpack. No rushing around. The youngest son is sticking around for a week afterwards to help me get a washer/dryer and other things I need for the new house yet. Here I go on my new adventure...

Kim is adjusting to the silence and loneliness.40 is so young to be a widow. Thank you all for the prayers. Keep them coming, for us all.Blaize is 14 and a BIG comfort to her mama. She told me last night on the phone that on her first day back at school, 2 teachers were waiting for her with open arms and words of kindness. Same thing with her classmates.
She said she got so tired of hugging...to funny, but there was a warmth in her voice that said she knew she was loved. What stood out to me about Blaize at the funeral was when she turned from the casket and fell into the strong arms of her Uncle Jared. She literally felt her legs giving out.He just drew her up to her feet and held her a long time,both of them crying for a father each had lost. After that, the little cousins ran to her open arms for comfort..it was very touching. Lots of love flowing all around. I also believe we will all be good for each other. Can't wait for them to come in May.

In April, Jim's dad will be 90, so there will be a party in his honor to which my sis in law, Grace, will be driving over to KY to get me, then drive up to Ohio. Does she love me or what? Nah, she just likes to drive all over creation. haha

This summer, she plans on driving me out to CA (again,points to sentence above) to see my newest granddaughter, Juliette, who will be turning 1. We are thinking of renting a van, since Kim and Blaize want to go too. Maybe I should just buy a camper van instead of a house.haha

I'm a firm believer of cast iron, glass and stainless steel cookware. Got my mama's Lifetime Waterless Cookware.18/8 is good. Google "stainless steel" for more info. I did. My canning jars, pints and quarts are my food storage. Even gallon jugs. Been freezing in quart jars with good results also. The wide mouth offer the best results although I finally learned to leave a bigger head space in regular jars when freezing, after cracking a few. When packing up my kitchen stuff, I got rid of some plastic food storage containers and drinking cups. So glad for my Corelle dishes by Corning that are 45 years old now. Got the Butterfly pattern. Lasted through all 5 of my kids with only a few pieces broken and replaced. They are so light and sturdy..wait..did I just do a commercial? haha

Shannon, thanks for the hugs,cake and tea. very good..

Thomas Edison: "Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." :)

Edited by - craftbug on Mar 07 2017 6:59:06 PM
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2017 :  6:59:19 PM  Show Profile
Good job on filling the gals in, Sis! I figured I'd leave it up to you since I just know I'd miss something about the sale and the packing and the U-Haul and, and, and.....

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2017 :  10:53:44 PM  Show Profile
Patsy...So good to have such a good explanation about what is going on in your life right now. Congrats on The House Sale!! Woot-Woot-Woot!!!
All in God's perfect timing too and more than they said it would Auction for. God is Crazy Good!!! ~ I could just feel the tenderness and love
shared at Ron's Funeral and from Blaize's Teachers and Friends at School. It is during times like that...that you find out the people in your
life that really care and have love and compassion for what you are enduring. That is a Beautiful Thing! ~ 40 is a young age to become a widow,
I agree. I have a sweet young woman in my life who lost her husband this year to and she is almost 40...she said, "I never expected I would be
a widow already in my life!" She is in a deep depression as her husband was the love of her life. And He Loved her deeply. It is hard to
watch the struggle she is going through but she has no one in her life who has gone through this and so she feels all alone. At least Kim will
have her Mama who has just recently gone through the same thing. You will be a lot of comfort for her and I am sure your sons will be too.
Our prayers continue to be with ALL of you as you move forward into a New Adventure in your lives. Grasp Papa God's hand and hold on tightly!

Judy...you are so right, I forgot about the Son in Kentucky with the 2 grandkids. Silly Fibro Fog Me!!! Just poke me in the ribs (though not too
hard) and say wake up girlfriend... You Can't spend your life in La La Land! LOL So, happy Patsy got on The Porch and gave us a great update. You
do really well trying to keep us updated but her life runs faster than a roaring river. We never know what is happening from one moment to the next and sometime you don't either! Right? LOL ~ Sissies are Wonderful even when they keep your head spinning. I wish my Sissie was still here. I miss her something terrible. She was feisty, and ornery, and could out cuss most sailors...but she had a wicked sense of humor and she was my best bud. She always told me she was the devil that sat on my shoulder and I was the Angel that sat on hers. LOL She could make me laugh harder than you do Judy and that is quite and accomplishment!! I cannot believe she will have been gone 5 years in July. I know you and Patsy have a great relationship too...so just ENJOY each other for the Country Babes you are!!!

Nora...I had the Tea that starts with a H (don't want to give it away) today and it was soooooooooooooooooo Good! Smelled as great as it tasted.
Thanks again for your great tea choices. ~ And I am sure you are right about the cats and the fish fertilizer! LOL I do sort of remember the neighborhood cats came around a lot more. LOL

Well tonight has been another difficult night at my house. Right when you think things are calming down...my husband up and does something totally
off the wall and hurts other Family Members feelings. I can't keep trying to fix those times. All my life I have been the peace keeper in the Families. And it gets tiring sometimes. I'm like so done with that job! Just pray for me please!!!

OK...Night Lovely Ladies,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

Bridge
True Blue Farmgirl

814 Posts

Bridgette
Southern Indiana
USA
814 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2017 :  06:11:31 AM  Show Profile
Good morning, the sun is shining on the porch here in Indiana.
I am back to work this morning, but enjoyed my day off yesterday. I am not sure why days off at home the time goes by a triple pace. I didn't get nearly all my plans complete. My mind always forgets how long things take and goes planning bonkers!!

Lenora - Monopoly sounds fun I have not played that in years, and yummmmmm fried chicken.
Sabrina - I love the chic pics :) You are a busy gal. I would hate to see your version of being busy since this is your version of taking it easy. LOL Glad all is falling into place for you and the kids.
Peggy Ann - Glad your Hubs is feeling better. I hope to someday have an all the time work from home job. But for now, I will be happy with a day here and there.
Judith - Sorry your feeling under the weather.
Rebecca- I am so glad to hear you enjoyed the package. I just wanted to bring a little happiness to your day :)
Patsy - Congrats on selling the house! Lucky you to have a "personal chauffeur" I would love that as I despise driving. I love Corelle dishes too.
Peggy - Said a prayer of peace to you and yours. I completely get having to step away from the peacemaker role. I have had a similar experience.

Well, I sat the freshly baked -warm- chocolate caramel cookies on the pretty Corelle plate on the side table, Enjoy!!

Bridge
Farmgirl Sister #7277
Put your lipstick on & be Happy!
http://stitchthrifty.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2017 :  06:12:08 AM  Show Profile
Patsy, good deal on the sale of the house. Sounds like you have an exciting time ahead.
Peggy, sounds like it might be time to put up a shell. I use to be in the same boat, but even thought it hurts me to the bottom of my heart, I stay out of it. If they want to hurt themselves and each other, it's nothing I can do to stop it.

Praying for all of you.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2017 :  11:40:34 AM  Show Profile
Afternoon gals! Man, we are having some fierce winds today. 25 mph wind alllll day and 50 mph gusts. God hears from me more on a windy day than a calm one. Every time there's a gust.... I'm chattering like a squirrel... "Jesus, help me... Jesus, I'm scared... Jesus, You know how I hate wind... Jesus, Jesus, Jesus..."
Dave's like, This old house is real sturdy, it'll be here another 100 years! "WHAT, ya, you're at work all day, you don't hear it pounding the tar outta the upstairs!"*mumblemumblemumble* Speaking of squirrels, I looked out the upstairs window and there was a poor little squirrel hanging onto a tree limb for all he was worth, when he should have been on the ground where there was less wind. Poor little feller! (and then I saw an old lady on a bicycle fly by with a little dog on the back in a basket) Hope it's calmer where you live!!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!

Edited by - herblady55 on Mar 08 2017 11:42:27 AM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page