Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2017 :  1:33:24 PM  Show Profile
Happy Sunday ladies,
I hope you are resting and relaxing today.

Peggy I hope you are feeling better and I am praying for your sweet hubby as well.

Prairie Tammy, it seems as though you are making progress and it is all about progress not perfection. Things will be settled and unpacked in due time.

Judy hope you are feeling better too.

Well ladies one of my son's cars bit the dust this weekend. We decided to not put in more money into it. So we went car shopping yesterday and son got my reliable car and I got a new one. Yikes! That was not the original plan but became the best plan. I will not worry so much about son driving back to college knowing he is driving a car that is reliable and in good shape.

School was busy this past week. We had parent teacher conferences on Thursday and then no school Friday due to a blizzard. Today is sunny and warm. This weather drives me crazy lately.

Well I am off to have some tea and finish reading The Shack. It is a beautiful book and I am anxious to see the movie.
ON that note, I am flying out.
Love and blessings,
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Purple Skies
http://mypurpleskies.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

Liscuva
True Blue Farmgirl

289 Posts

Lisa
West Seneca NY
USA
289 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2017 :  5:48:19 PM  Show Profile
New to The Porch...Hello ladies:)
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2017 :  06:42:01 AM  Show Profile
Welcome Lisa! The Porch is a great place to hang out with great ladies!

Peggy & Judy - sorry you both and others are sick. Hope you all feel better soon.

Well got some stuff moved this weekend. Matt came over and helped me move all the plastic totes down to the basement to free space up to bring more over. I put a good dent in what was left at his place.

It was a week for them to fix things for me in the house. There was a front porch light fixture but it was missing the part you screw the bulb into so the had to totally replace that for me. I noticed a toilet leak and they ended up replacing the whole toilet. They were supposed to replace my stove but didn't take measurements and brought one that was too big so I'm waiting to find out what they're going to do now. I hate being without a working oven especially with it so cold out.

Jasper is sick AGAIN. I demanded Jordon take him in this morning. This has been nearly 3 months continuous of him being sick. He thew up 3 times last night between 9 and 3 this morning. I got a total of about 4 hours sleep and that was broken up. I'm to the point I've had it with feeling like a walking zombie from dealing with him being sick all the time. At 18 months I don't think he should still be waking up 2 to 4 times a night. He was only waking once but now it's back to 2 to 4 times. I've got a wicked headache from lack of sleep. Not the way I want to start the week. Please keep him in prayer as I'm to the point I'm about to tell him to find someone else to babysit if this doesn't stop soon. I shouldn't dread having my grandson spend the night. It took me 4 nights of not having him to catch up on my sleep and feel human again and it's gone in one night.

Tammy
Farmgirl Sister # 2363
Farmgirl of the Month November 2016
http://ndprairiegypsy.blogspot.com/
Prairie Critter Pet Sitter
"Pampered care for your pet"
Jamestown, ND
Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2017 :  10:06:24 AM  Show Profile
Hi, Lisa settle into a rocker and get rid of any stress you have with these wonderful ladies.
Poor Jasper, hope the doctor gets him straight and then he can back on a schedule at least when he's with you and his dad.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Farmgirl of the Month, January 2017
http://firecatinc.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2017 :  11:48:07 AM  Show Profile
WELCOME LISA...I am so glad that you made it to The Porch via my instructions on how to find it. We always look forward to meeting
and getting to know new MJF Sisters. So please come back, kick your boots off, grab a rocking chair or a Porch Swing and let's
get to know each other. Tell us a little bit about yourself and then we will blab your ears off. LOL

Prairie Tammy...I would have to agree with you that poor little Jasper has really been sick way too long. Why do you have him every
night? Does Jordan work at night? I love my grandchildren a lot as you know but I would not want to have them full time at my age
unless there was no other way. I know you are younger but still...it is hard! You lose the JOY of being a Grandma who can just love
and spoil them...then send them home when you are tired. I will pray that you and Jordan can work this situation out better for the
good of all three of you. Have your tried right before you put Jasper down to feed him some a carb & a protein? That seems to work
for kids who want to get up all the time. You might try it. Make sure it is the combination of both. Like a few crackers & cheese stick.
That sort of thing. Anyway, just a suggestion. Love Ya Girl...and so glad that Matt came and helped you again.

Hey Nora...hope you did something fun over the weekend! Our house was just a total "Lazy...get rested Weekend". Yesterday, though I did get
enough energy to do 4 loads of Laundry. That was much needed but I am happy to say I actually felt well enough to get that much done and
make a nice dinner. It rained ice-cubes all weekend. And heavy rain. It was cold but not enough to freeze the rain...but the rain was full
of chunks of ice. Very cold to be out in it. And I nearly did myself in walking the dog out in it. I came home soaked to the bone and had
to change out of a soaking wet coat and all my clothes. So, out of My Jeans and T-Shirt and back into my Pajamas. And then I had to towel
dry the dog and turn the heat up for him to lay in front of. Poor guy...I had him groomed a week ago...Not as short as usual but still he
get cold with all that long hair cut off. He hates dog coats though...so he just has to get wet. LOL

I think I am finally about over this Head Cold. I had that one night of sore throat and lymph node pain and the next morning it was gone. PTL!!
I remember saying to God in the middle of the night, "Just kill me and put me out of my misery and take me home...or cure me please! Oh,
and just remember I think Larry needs me!" Good thing Papa God is use to my dumb humor! He cured me enough to feel like I didn't need to
go sit in Urgency Care all day!

Well, I think I just might try to accomplish something else today. Like Maybe take all my Valentine Day Decor down and put it away. And put
some Spring things up. It is still acting like winter but I know Spring is just around the Corner now. I will probably feel better just seeing
my birds, birdhouses, bunnies, Chicks out together on display. I can at least pretend it is Spring...right? LOL

Have a Good Day Girlies and remember to enjoy it to the Fullest...we have no guarantee of tomorrow!

Love, Hugs and Continued Prayers for Everyone,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Dec 2011-Farmgirl of the Month
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

Don't allow others to steal the Glitz from your *SPARKLE*

Life is too short to knit with ugly yarn!

Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch

Edited by - LadyInRed on Feb 28 2017 11:03:10 AM
Go to Top of Page

Liscuva
True Blue Farmgirl

289 Posts

Lisa
West Seneca NY
USA
289 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2017 :  6:45:42 PM  Show Profile
Hello to all...I came across Mary Janes Farm magazine at my local library probably abt a year ago ( since then I have started my own subscription). I instantly fell in love with it and seen an article about swaps which lead me to this forum, best thing I ever did! I have been part of many swaps since then. But getting to know all you lovely ladies has been the best. How wonderful to have a place to sit down, relax ( usually with a cup of coffee)and "chit chat".
I live in West Seneca, New York a town right next to the city of Buffalo ( probably best known for our snow, but that's a long story for another time).Im married 35 years with two grown daughters. Stacy the oldest lives in New York City with her husband and Jessy lives in the city and will be getting married this coming September. We have 2 beagals, Daisy and Bruiser. Sadly we lost my daughter Jessy's 4 year old Brittany Spaniel this past January very suddenly from what we can only guess was a heart attack. Left us all with a broken heart not only because we lost Zedd but because he was Jessy's baby.
I work part-time at the local Save-A-Lot in the produce department and help out a couple elderly women with house cleaning, shopping and yard work.
I love to read, garden and sew. That's why I so enjoy the swaps.
Just like everyone else I'm sure I cannot wait til Spring, winter is much too long and cold.
I look forward to spending time with you ladies and getting to know everyone!
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2017 :  11:26:35 AM  Show Profile
Lisa...so nice to hear a little about you and your family. Sorry to hear about the loss of your Brittany Spaniel...that is so hard when a
Fur Baby passes. Breaks our hearts because they are as much a part of the Family as anyone! So, we feel your sorrow! ~ I had a friend who lived
in Ithaca New York and probably still lives there but we lost contact. I met her through a young man who worked for me...she was his Aunt. So,
there wasn't a really close connection other than him. I think she just stayed in touch with me to keep tabs on him. We have several Farm Sisters
from your neck of the Woods too. You have probably met a few of them on the boards. ~ Aren't the Swaps FUN? I haven't done many as of late
because my husband is very ill. But for years I did. Besides Hostessing The Tea Swap on here...I am very selective about the ones I do these
days...they can't be too time consuming. ~ My husband and I have been married for 32 years but this is my 3rd Marriage. I have always said,
it took the 3rd Try to get it right. My husband is dying from Heart Disease but we are Christians so neither one of us Fears Death. He is 8 yrs
older than I am. We have 6 kids between us: the youngest son Ours, then I had 2 sons when we married. He had 3 adopted children when we married
and they are like my own. I didn't raise them...just helped (2 girls and 1 son) They are all older than my kids...so I can't say my 3 boys feel
close to them and visa/versa. But it all worked out as far as blended families go. We also have 9 Grandchildren and 5 great grandchildren. All
the Greats live far away so we only get to see them in pictures. I have 4 biological grandchildren and they are the Delight of My Heart. From
time to time I bore everyone with their picture. ~ I am Medically Retired and have been for 12 years. I came down with Fibromyalgia and Chronic
Fatigue in my early 50's. ~ I consider being a Wife, Mother, and Grandmother my Greatest Joy In Life second only to My Relationship with Jesus.
I have walked with The Lord for 44 years. ~ Well, Lisa...I won't bore you with any more details...but as you come on here often you will get to
know all the other Porchies. It is a great group of MJF Sisters. So, glad that you decided to join us...I think you are going to Love it here.

Hey, For All You Current MIA Porchies...don't make me send out the Posse to round you up!!! You Know I will!! LOL

Love, Hugs and Smiles,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Feb 28 2017 11:27:59 AM
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2017 :  1:17:09 PM  Show Profile
Hi Porch-Buds!
I have bad news. My nieces husband, Ron, passed away this morning around 3 AM. We all went in last evening because the hospital called Kim and told her that it didn't look good. Kim had gone home for a couple of days to regroup and go to the doctor for a sore throat and aching sinuses(had sinus infection). She had just gotten back from her doctor appt. when the phone rang. I had a chance to Pray with him the last time I went in to see him, when he was still coherent and I feel that he accepted God and he told Kim that he was ready to meet the Lord. So I trust that God heard him and he really is in a better place now. Praise God! Pasty is taking time out of her packing(she has to be out of there by the 30th)to come up for an unknown amount of time. Kim needs her Mommy right now! Pasty said it's so soon after losing Jim to be doing this. Prayers will be appreciated for all, please! Thanks Sistas!
Lisa, welcome to the Porch! This site is a wonderful place to make new, long-lasting friends and 'Sistas!'
Prayers going up for you all!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
FGOTM:Jan.2012
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"
"The serious go through life blowing far too few raspberries!"
Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2017 :  5:23:30 PM  Show Profile
Judy, prayers with your niece and the rest of the family as you give her husband to Christ.

I made zucchini bread with walnuts, cranberries and raisins yesterday. Turned out pretty good. I added another layer of cinderblock to my compost area today. My chicks are getting wing tips. The kittens are doing great. Learning to stay in the back and along the creek bank instead of close to the road.

Prays for everyone. Time for a cup of tea. I love the tea swap so many choices.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2017 :  10:25:06 PM  Show Profile
Judy and Patsy (and Kim)...praying for all of you! It seems like you have just lost one Family Member after another the last few years. I am
so sorry that you have to face this again! My heart aches for all of you and you will remain on my heart and in my prayers. I do pray that
Ron did go home ready to meet his Lord Judy! You just have to rest assured that he was indeed ready to meet Jesus. I am so happy you had the
opportunity to pray with him. Our Papa is full of Grace, Mercy and Love and He wants non to perish without Eternal Salvation. Do you have an
address that we Porchies could send a Card to Kim?

Nora...sounds like you are getting a lot of outside time. Our weather was fairly nice yesterday and today so, I got half of my 10,000 steps in.
Until I am completely well and after hubbies surgery...I am not doing any 5 miles walks. I also got a lot done in the house today. Not the deeper
cleaning I need to do...but just some projects that I was almost tripping over for the last week. ~ Thanks for the Zucchini bread...it really hit the spot! Needed a bit of yummy for my tummy! So Good!!

Going to go check the rest of my emails and then head to bed early with my book. Need some relaxing and unwinding before sleep.

Love, Hugs, and Prayer for ALL who Need them,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2017 :  06:53:49 AM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
Morning ladies,

Kim Parrish
422 McConnell St
Urichsville, Ohio 44683

Thanks for your prayers.
Am packed and waiting on Grace..later hugs n prayers

Thomas Edison: "Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." :)
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2017 :  09:31:45 AM  Show Profile
Thank You Patsy...for Kim's Address. We will try to surround her with cards and prayers.
I am glad that you can be there for your daughter. She must be hurting deeply.

Love, Big Hugs, and Continued Prayers for Peace and Comfort,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

Ladybek9756
True Blue Farmgirl

882 Posts

Rebecca
Linneus Maine
USA
882 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2017 :  10:04:51 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Ladybek9756's MSN Messenger address  Send Ladybek9756 a Yahoo! Message
Welcome to the porch Lisa. You are going to love it here.

Tammy sorry to hear about your grandson being so sick. I hope that he gets to feeling better soon. It can be hard on the adult when they feel helpless in fixing the problem and wear on them both physically and emotionally. I will keep you and your family in my prayers. Hope this ends soon.

Judy sorry to hear about Ron. I hope like you said that he is with our Lord. I will keep you and your family in my prayers.

PeggyAnn I am glad to learn more about you. I have you in my prayers. Oh by the way, you do not need to send the posse out on me. I have been busy studying about ways to combat this cancer the natural way. You would be surprised of what needs to be done in addition to the supplements and food(diet). I also found out that plastic produces estrogen which can increase the cancer cells that I already have. So I have been busy revamping my house to make it cancer causing free as I can.

Lenora I love zucchini bread especially with walnuts and cranberries. It is a shame that I can't have anything with sugar. I am looking for ways to make baked goods that I can eat, but that has really been at the bottom of my to-to-list.

This last week I have done so much research. I have a doctor's appointment on the 10th to discuss surgery. I have opt for this to remove all the tumors in both of my breasts. Then it will be 90 days from that day before we test to determine if the nutrition and supplement program that I am on is doing its job of curing my cancer. I will determine my next step after that test which should be sometime in June. Pray that the natural way is working and my cancer is gone by June.

Well I need to go and do the dishes before my husband gets home. Take care and have a great rest of the week. I will try to be on here often.
Hugs
Becky

May the stars carry your sadness away. May the flowers fill your heart with beauty, and may hope forever wipe away your tears.
Farm Girl of the Month December 2016
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2017 :  11:06:23 AM  Show Profile
Becky...I didn't know that you had tumors in both Breasts...wow girl...what a challenge you are facing. I am
praying the Natural Way is going to work for you. I knew about the Plastic. We all should get rid of our plastic
containers in the kitchen and go back to glass. My youngest son and his wife did...I think it is smart...but
haven't done it yet. Probably will though! ! knew you were busy with your Treatment Planning so I told the Posse
to give you a break. LOL

Hugs and Smiles,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2017 :  12:35:54 PM  Show Profile
So are you saying that even ice cube trays, plastic straws, BPA free plastics and even plastic tableware... just aren't safe... at all??? I don't store hot foods in plastic, but are they saying not to even store cold foods in plastic bowls?

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2017 :  12:39:17 PM  Show Profile
...Patsy, your last line sounds like a Christian tag-line..."I'm packed and waiting on Grace!" *giggle*
Leave it to me to see that! hahaha
May you and Grace have God's traveling mercies on you the whole trip!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

Ladybek9756
True Blue Farmgirl

882 Posts

Rebecca
Linneus Maine
USA
882 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2017 :  1:15:36 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Ladybek9756's MSN Messenger address  Send Ladybek9756 a Yahoo! Message
According to what I have been told, all plastic emits a estrogen shot each time you touch it. If you look around your house you will find that 90% is some form of plastic. Doing research I found that 3, 6, 7 are BPA products and 1,2,4,5 are the safer plastics. I don't know how much safer they really are. All I know that someone with cancer they should avoid touching all plastic. I have gone to wearing gloves to not touch plastic. Not all products are labeled and therefore you never know just what number of plastic it is. For example, the light switches on your lamps, your computer, the sewing machine just to mention a few. We are completely overhauling our kitchen to remove all plastic even the handles of the knives we have. I have replaced all containers that were plastic and now have new knives. I also found out the best thing to cook with is either cast iron or stainless steel. I just bought new pots and pans, but Paul insisted that we replace them now. So we purchased three new pans and have cast iron for the skillet and dutch oven pan. Our new knives have stainless steel handles and all our dishes are now glass. It has been a challenge to replace everything. I use to store my tea bags in a plastic container and just found out that it is a #7 so we threw the whole thing away.
Here is another tidbit of information. The inside of cans also contain a chemical compound that is just as dangerous as BPA is in plastics. When we moved here I purchased quite a few items like tomatoes, tomato paste, tuna, etc. and we are getting rid of them. Paul does not want anything in our house that could be dangerous for me to touch or eat.
That is why I have been absent from the porch.
Just thoughts to ponder.
Hugs
Becky

May the stars carry your sadness away. May the flowers fill your heart with beauty, and may hope forever wipe away your tears.
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2017 :  2:50:49 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Becky! Ya all my travel mugs are unknown, plastic lined. I knew bout food cans. They said try to buy soup in boxes. I have some of those boxes. That's so sad to have to change everything you do. When I lost my Mama to lymphoma I ordered a book called 'Cancer-Step Outside The Box' By Ty Bollinger. It's an all natural alternative approach to cancer. He lost his parents to cancer and started researching and wrote this book. It's an eye opener. We should just move out onto thousand acre farms and wear cotton sacks and eat nothing but what we grow. NO SOYBEAN STUFF though...EVER...not on you or in you!!! Amazing!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2017 :  3:53:12 PM  Show Profile
Becky, is stevia okay for a sugar replacement? I use it more and more as a sugar replacement. I use a little less than the package says because of the aftertaste.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2017 :  8:03:13 PM  Show Profile
Nora...I have found Munk Fruit to be the best natural sweetener. It doesn't have the after taste of
Stevia. You can buy one that is 1/2 Stevia and 1/2 Munk Fruit that I have tried and that one was good too.

I'm with Judy...everything is bad for us. That is why there are so many stinking diseases out there
that we all are getting. Autoimmune Disorders of one Form or the Other...and so many forms of Cancer.

Prayers continuing for everyone. I have to try to go to bed at 11:00 tonight so I can get up really early tomorrow.

Judy...who is Grace?

Love and Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2017 :  8:40:43 PM  Show Profile
Peg, Grace is Patsy's SIL that lives about 20 minutes away from her. She drives Patsy everywhere pretty much.

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2017 :  8:51:22 PM  Show Profile
Judy...thanks for clearing that up! (+:
I thought it was like a tag line too.
Would be Perfect really! I need to change mine
I'm Tired of Them.

Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Mar 01 2017 9:03:48 PM
Go to Top of Page

Ladybek9756
True Blue Farmgirl

882 Posts

Rebecca
Linneus Maine
USA
882 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2017 :  03:22:38 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Ladybek9756's MSN Messenger address  Send Ladybek9756 a Yahoo! Message
Lenora,
Yes stevia is a good substitute. However, Paul just told me that the same companies that make the sugar substitutes also make stevia. He does not think that it is a good choice as we do not know what other things they put into the packaging. The after taste may be of some substances that is not good for you. So maybe what you buy in the store is not good for you after all. Honey and Maple syrup are also good substitutes for sugar. There are two more but I could not find my list this morning. I like you do not like the after taste of stevia. I am going to grow the plant, dry it and make my own sugar with it. I went online to find the conversion for honey and maple syrup for baking, and now all I need is a white flour substitute and I will be able to bake once again and it be healthier for us. I have learned so much since getting cancer and it has really made me rethink things. Paul came home from shopping yesterday and said that now he is looking at all the packaging to determine the safety of it before he brings it home. It is just a new system to get use to, but once we do it will be easier and we will be completely green. The next big project after my surgery is learning to make my own cleaning and beauty products. I know there must be a way of making certain things, like polish that does not involve chemicals, but it not oh well. I just bought a book on making green cleaning products for the house.

I agree with Judy it is time to move out on a farm, go back to the pioneer way of living and avoid all of these man made products that are killing us. We have a lot of Amish living in the area. Maybe they have something in the way they live. We have made friends with a few of them, and I am going to observe their way of life to see what they do that is so different from us.

Hugs
Becky

Edited by - Ladybek9756 on Mar 02 2017 03:46:07 AM
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2017 :  06:48:50 AM  Show Profile
Good morning ladies. Enjoying a quiet morning as my body just doesn't want to move due to a drop in the temperature outside (12'). I'm feeling much more centered and balanced thankfully. I drew my Angel Guidance oracle cards Monday and the Ground Yourself and Cleanse & Detoxify cards came up with Law of Attraction - definitely letting me know I was out of balance and I was drawing negativity because of it. I haven't been working with them in several weeks so it felt good to start working with the cards again. I started reading my daily devotion book and Angels 101 (Doreen Virtue) to also help get me back on track.

Jasper is doing better. Jordon took him to the doctor and they put him on medication. He's still coughing but not throwing up like he was. They did a strep culture but it came back negative. I'm surprised they didn't test him for RSV as it's going around. Jordon took 2 days off work. They called him in as they got 2 huge trucks in yesterday and needed help so he worked 5 hours. He picked up Jasper about 3:30 this morning. I didn't even hear him until he fumbled trying to lock the door when he left. Lacey never growled or barked at him - she must have been needing her beauty sleep lol.

Peggy - Yes, Jordon works overnights (10p-7a) so that's why I have Jasper so much. I have him 5 nights one week and 3 nights the weeks his mother gets visitation. He pays a babysitter 3 days a week to take care of him during the day while he's sleeping and I'm at work. He's going to have to start thinking about getting another position or job. Is everything still a go for the pacemaker for your husband? Hopefully it will help.

Judy - Sorry about your niece's husband. It's been a rough patch for all of us on here lately. Keeping you and your family in prayer.

Lisa - Sorry about your dog. I lost 2 of my pack back in August and it was heartbreaking. My pups are like my kids and losing 2 back-to-back was horrible. I pray your heart heals from the loss.

Okay, I need to get moving and get to work. Take care ladies and hope you all have a wonderful day!

Tammy
Farmgirl Sister # 2363
Farmgirl of the Month November 2016
http://ndprairiegypsy.blogspot.com/
Prairie Critter Pet Sitter
"Pampered care for your pet"
Jamestown, ND
Go to Top of Page

Liscuva
True Blue Farmgirl

289 Posts

Lisa
West Seneca NY
USA
289 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2017 :  10:04:46 AM  Show Profile
Hello ladies...it will take me a while to put every story with a name but im sure i'll get it. Thank you for the welcomes, I enjoy all your stories. My thoughts and prayers go out to all in pain and sadness. As I write this one of the ladies I help out is in surgery. She had cancer a few years back and that is how I started helping her out with cleaning, shopping and yard work. This past fall symptoms developed that I knew needed attention but she just wanted to enjoy the holidays so im praying she didn't put it off too long. Have not heard from friend who is with her at hospital yet.
Seems lately all I hear about is sickness and death...hoping Spring helps to heal all both mind and body. I am 53 years old and already suffer from arthritis in hands, back and lately legs are being bothersome, not good since I spent 8 hours on my feet at work.
Anyways spent my morning running errands, celebrating soon-to-be son-in-laws birthday Sunday so I did the shopping and picked up gift cards. Off to new dentist in a bit, somehow managed to chip a small piece off my front tooth last week...
Looks like snow here this weekend so everyone keep warm, we will talk soon;)
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page