Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2017 :  08:12:43 AM  Show Profile
Nora...thanks for the Info. I have had Dandelion Wine before (Home-made by a friend) and it was really wonderful! But have never had the Tea.
Is this one you are going to make also from a Mother Earth Recipe? I will check out Royal Tea...thanks!

Love and Smiles,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Dec 2011-Farmgirl of the Month
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

Love The People God gave you...
Because He will need them back one day!
Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2017 :  4:25:06 PM  Show Profile
No, Royal Tea has the dandelion.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Farmgirl of the Month, January 2017
http://firecatinc.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2017 :  4:00:08 PM  Show Profile
Quiet on the porch this week. Hope all is well. I've been working on cleaning the basement this week again. I made one trip to the thrift store and four trips to the container site today with junk. I have the pick up loaded with stuff for the landfill that wouldn't fit in the trunk of my car.
Hopefully it will warm up after Easter so I can start painting. I want to get the whole inside of the house done this summer.

Here are some zucchini muffins and orange tea. Enjoy and have a great week-end.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2017 :  6:35:43 PM  Show Profile
Nora...it really has been quiet on here this week. I have hopped on and checked several times but just you and me posting! Did we forget
our Deodorant or something Nora??? LOL And I took a shower this week! LOL It is a busy time of year with Easter just around the corner
and also as you said, "Spring Cleaning"...which I have started this week too! I am not 100% well, so I haven't done much but hay I at least started. I can go sit out on my nice clean porch during sunbreaks from all our RAIN. I so enjoy my Porch! It is my 2nd Happy Place (the Beach being the first). And speaking of the Beach...I get to go there with my son & family the 3rd weekend in May. So, Bless My Heart two Vacations in 3 weeks time...I'm not going to know what to do with myself from being so spoiled!!

Bible Study was great last night! And now the Weekend is upon us.
Hope You All do Something FUN!!

Love and Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Apr 07 2017 6:41:00 PM
Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2017 :  07:37:27 AM  Show Profile
I like the beach also Peggy. But my favorite place anymore is my front porch here in the gap. A nice breeze, a cup of tea , a crafting project, and a cat is my happy place. Getting old or still new to retirement, I guess.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2017 :  6:52:19 PM  Show Profile
Hi Gals! Yesterday we woke to an inch of snow and cold all day and today?...60, sun and we worked in the yard this evening and had a fire to sit around. Crazy spring.
Well, this is Patsy's first night alone in the new house. Her youngest flew back to CA. Tonight. Pray for her that she isn't afraid of things that go 'bump in the night.' *giggle*
She's coming home around the 18th to help youngest daughter and grand-daughter pack and load U-Haul.(here we go again) hahaha. So she won't be home alone very long. She said she doesn't even know why she bought a house... she's never there really! Hahaha. Her FIL has a 90th birthday party on the 22nd...so that will be another thing to enjoy while she's here.
YEAAAAA!!! I get to see my sissy again. She and I are going to see Jim Brickman in concert while she's home. A treat from Dave. Ya... again... he's a keeper!
Have a great weekend Gals!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
FGOTM:Jan.2012
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"
"The serious go through life blowing far too few raspberries!"

Edited by - herblady55 on Apr 09 2017 03:52:16 AM
Go to Top of Page

Ladybek9756
True Blue Farmgirl

882 Posts

Rebecca
Linneus Maine
USA
882 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2017 :  06:18:05 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Ladybek9756's MSN Messenger address  Send Ladybek9756 a Yahoo! Message
Good morning everyone. I am starting to feel better.

Judy, I was sorry to hear about your aunt's passing. I also read about Dave's mum. I hope they get her back to normal. It is hard caring for a loved one when you need to depend on others. I have you in my prayers and hope things will turn around for the good and stay there. You were right, Angel, my dog was so excited to see me. She gave me tons of kisses. Paul and I had discussed the best way to handle the situation, so we had it under control. After she greeted me, she wanted nothing more to do with me until after I had taken a shower and removed the smell of the hospital from around me. Now things are pretty much back to normal.

PeggyAnn, I know you will enjoy your trip to Victoria and you are so right about it being something to look forward to. I am planning a trip to PEI in June to see a farmgirl on a swap that I am involved in at this time. Oh, as to Paul and loaning him out, I don't think so. LOL! I found him first and I think that if I were to loan him out you probably wouldn't want to return him back to me. So I think I'll keep him close to home thank you LOL!

Lenore, I am glad the bull situation came out okay. I remember as a young girl living in a foster home that was in the country. They had a bull that chased me down the hill and if I hadn't been able to jump the barbed wire fence and the bull couldn't I may not be here today. That was a scary moment for me, to say the least. I am afraid of bulls today, and usually stay clear from them. You sure was a brave one to tackle that one.

Well I am starting to have more strength. I am still under doctor's orders to take it easy and have limited things I can do. Yesterday, I overdid it when I backed 3 loaves of bread. I probably should have stopped at the first one, but Paul wanted banana bread also, and I made to of those. It really wore me out and I paid for it the rest of the day. I have decided to do a little bit each day and take more down time so not to repeat yesterday. I have some pain from the stitches, especially under my right arm, but it is getting better as I do the exercise my arms daily. I will be glad when my energy level returns and the pain is gone. I am glad that there is snow still on the ground, as our weather is turning warm. We will be in the high 50's to low 60's for the next few days and it will be hard to stay inside and not want to work the areas where I plan on putting my gardens in. Can't wait until I am strong enough for that.

I left a loaf of the banana bread on the porch for you to enjoy. The tea I made is mint tea which is my own special blend. It is really good with a little honey added.

Well I had better go and start my day. I do need to move around a bit right now, as I am feeling stiff and it really helps with the pain. Take care and have a beautiful Sunday.

Hugs
Becky

May the stars carry your sadness away. May the flowers fill your heart with beauty, and may hope forever wipe away your tears.
Farm Girl of the Month December 2016
Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2017 :  06:34:55 AM  Show Profile
Becky, its so great to hear from you. Glad you are feeling more yourself. If the road wasn't so close, I would have left the bull alone but I didn't want him or anyone to get hurt if he made it to the road. My grass was greener, I guess.
Thanks for the banana bread.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Go to Top of Page

Tumbleweed
True Blue Farmgirl

1016 Posts

Nancy
Texas
USA
1016 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2017 :  4:17:19 PM  Show Profile
Glad to hear you on the mend and getting stronger everyday. Prayers still for you Becky.

TW

The fun begins where the pavement ends!
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2017 :  6:36:11 PM  Show Profile
Becky...so good to hear from you. You really do need to listen to your body. If you overdo one day then make sure you rest the next day. I have
to do the with my Fibromyalgia. I make choices that I know will knock my socks off...like hanging out with my little family and then I need to
take more rest time the next day. My entire life has been that way since I came down with the fibro. Even my walking wipes me out in other ways.
So, it is all about give and take. ~ Well, bummer on not lending out the hubby. Mine does nothing but make more messes for me to clean up. But
that is what happens when you spoil them from the onset...I have nobody to blame but myself. LOL Thanks for the Banana Bread but you really shouldn't
have!!! Oh, and the Mint Tea!!

Nancy...good to have you on The Porch today. We have missed you!

Judy...hope all your snow stays away. This Country is having the Strangest weather!!! I call it Pzycho Weather...Schizophrenic from one day to the next.

Well, Ladies I would appreciate prayer for my Mother. My Sister-In-Law died yesterday suddenly and my Mom and her were fairly close. Debbie was 67. She
was out shopping with a male friend of hers and she just dropped to the floor in Costco. She was still breathing so they got her an Ambulance and took
her to the Hospital. That was on Thursday late afternoon. They couldn't stabilize her to run any tests other than the blood draw to make sure you haven't or aren't having a heart attack. She had NOT. But she kept coming and going in and out of consciousness all that night and the next day. They were hoping they could stabilize her, run their tests and then send her home Saturday Morning. Her son Sky was on his way Saturday to pick her up or so he was hoping but when he got to the Hospital at 12:55 she had passed away. Everyone is in total shock! Debbie also took care of her 90 year old Mother full time in Debbie's home. So, I guess now Doris will have to be put in a Nursing Home. My Brother had died 10 years earlier. I guess we won't find out what really happened with Debbie. The Coroner put cause of death as Cardiac Arrest. Which that is how she died but what caused it out of the clear blue like that?
So, I would appreciate prayers for my Mom Ann, Debbie's Mom Delores, and her only child Sky who is in his 30's. He was her son from her first marriage.

So, that is my weekend in a Nutshell. I had to keep calling my Mom to make sure she didn't have a stroke or heart attack herself...as this has hit her
verys hard. She said that she can't quit shaking.

OK, Ladies gotta go take my dog out.

More Later,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

Tumbleweed
True Blue Farmgirl

1016 Posts

Nancy
Texas
USA
1016 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2017 :  8:40:08 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Peggy Ann. Both Hubby and I have been fighting colds for the past few weeks. Been laying low trying to fight it.

TW

Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2017 :  8:46:35 PM  Show Profile
Horrible for your family to lose someone so unexpectedly. Will keep your family in my prayers, Peggy.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2017 :  9:03:59 PM  Show Profile
Becky, so good to hear from you girl! Thanks for the treats! I love mint tea with just about everything. I grow all kinds of mint. It just smells so wonderful.
Peggy, so sorry for your loss. Will it ever end? We all seem to be losing somebody on a regular basis.
I finished the 4th book in that series. That was so enjoyable. I like good 'Sister-Circle' stories. Reminds me of our Porch-Bud Circle! Always here for each sister as much as we can be.
Well, Patsy made it through her first night alone last night. Keep her in your Prayers as God leads.
Thanks Porches! You are all like the porch-posts... always there to hold up the heavy stuff!
Love Yuns! God Bless My Porches!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

Ladybek9756
True Blue Farmgirl

882 Posts

Rebecca
Linneus Maine
USA
882 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2017 :  02:56:22 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Ladybek9756's MSN Messenger address  Send Ladybek9756 a Yahoo! Message
Judy what book series are you reading?
Becky

May the stars carry your sadness away. May the flowers fill your heart with beauty, and may hope forever wipe away your tears.
Farm Girl of the Month December 2016
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2017 :  1:25:14 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Peggy, so sorry for your loss. Will keep everyone in prayer. Sounds like your SIL threw a clot. So sad.

Judy, glad Patsy got through her first night! So many changes in her and all of your lives! Prayers continue. I like mint too! I just bought chocolate, apple, pineapple, strawberry, orange and garlic mint. Will get other favors next week when I go to the farmers market. Mulching around my long fence line today! I'm old! LOL! Takes me longer every year! Only a 1/4 done! Whew!

Have any of you read Ann Perleman's Christmas Cookie Club books? How about The Tea mysteries ?

Please keep my friend Janice in prayer. I'm taking her for a breast biopsy Wenesday.

Glad you are ok Becky. Last we talked you were getting a call from the hospital. Did you get my package? I'm sure Paul is spoiling you rotten! You and Judy have keepers!

Roasted chicken, sweet potatoes, cauliflower and salad on the table. Somebody else bring a drink and dessert and l'll meet you there!

Be Blessed and Be a Blessing,
Darlene
Sister 1922
October 2016 Farmgirl of the month

John 11: 35 Jesus wept.

When Satan's knocking at your door, just say "Jesus will you get that for me?"

When it gets to hard to stand, Kneel!

Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2017 :  1:38:37 PM  Show Profile
Peggy, I'll be saying some prayers for your SIL and her family. How Sad.

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2017 :  2:33:46 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
The Tea mysteries are by Laura Child's. Also the mint is ginger mint not garlic mint! LOL!

Darlene
Sister 1922

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2017 :  5:22:24 PM  Show Profile
....I was just sitting here going... garlic mint.... never heard of that one. Hahaha Also Darlene, don't make the same mistake I did by planting them all in the same bed. They cross pollinate and all of them end up tasting the same. My pineapple mint, apple mint and orange were in the same bed and now they are just... well... mint. Lol Live and learn!
Becky, I just finished the Sister Circle series. They were written by 2 different ladies... um... Bright and... I forget. Got them at library. Peggy owns them. We'll have to ask her.* giggle*
I read the tea mysteries and some food mysteries. I love those kind of mysteries.

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2017 :  5:44:40 PM  Show Profile
Hello My Porchies...

Well, both my Mom Ann and Debbie's mom Doris made it through the first couple days after Debbie's death. As I said Doris is 90 and my mom is 84...
so I was worried about either one having heart attacks from the stress of the loss. So, I am happy about that.

I can't remember who asked Judy what books she was reading (there are 4 of them in the series). The Last Book is Titled "A Place to Belong" by Nancy Moser and Vonette Bright. Just type it in Amazon and it will show you the other 3 books. I highly recommend these books. They are outstanding!!!

Darlene I have never read the Christmas Cookie series...is it good? I love good mysteries. I have never read Laura Child's before but two weeks ago I downloaded her first tea mystery book. Finishing up a couple other series before I start hers. I will let you know what I think of them.

Becky...so glad that you got my box and liked what I sent. We are blessed to have each other (All Our Porchies) as this Group is such a Great Group
of supportive sisters.

Nancy...I hope you and your hubby are feeling better. I just had a bad sinus infection myself and then also had a terrible allergic reaction to something.
Swelled my lips up, my tongue, and my throat. It was terrible. I have the weirdest reactions to certain things. I will post a picture of me the other morning. Now remember I just woke up this way. LOL I had it for two days. I think it was a reaction from Non-Local Bee Pollen I had bought. It came from Australia. Guess they grow flowers there that I'm allergic too. LOL

My Swollen Lips And then I am the one
on the left of the second picture. I wanted you all (who have never seen me before) to know I don't always look
like a "Big Mouth" LOL

Well, Now that I gave you something to laugh about...
I'm off to start dinner.

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Apr 10 2017 5:47:43 PM
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2017 :  5:58:02 PM  Show Profile
....Bright and Moser! Yup...I knew Peg could tell you. Leave it to a scatter-brain like me to read 4 books... and then forget the authors. hahahaha....

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2017 :  6:07:04 PM  Show Profile
Peg girl, soooo sorry to see that lip of yours! Wow! Leave it to you to 'bee' (sorry, couldn't help myself) allergic to a health product!hahaha

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2017 :  7:03:07 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Peggy, twice I ended up in the ER with swollen lips, eyes and tongue. What a nightmare. Now I only use coconut oil on my face. I hope I don't grow the brown shell on my face! Yikes! LOL! I haven't read any of the books but figured someone could critique them for me.

Judy, I made that mistake before so now I planted them in containers. Some of them smell sooo yummy! Mint is very aggressive that's why I did the containers. The lady I bought them from was reasonable. 3 for $5. Anywhere else they are $5 a piece.

Have a great night.

Darlene
Sister 1922

Go to Top of Page

Tumbleweed
True Blue Farmgirl

1016 Posts

Nancy
Texas
USA
1016 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2017 :  9:01:05 PM  Show Profile
Sorry to hear about your sister in law Peggy Ann. 67 is very young these days. Also scary about that reaction. Something similar happened to a brother in law of mine when he was in his early twenties. I know you will back to your gorgeous self soon.

Darlene... I love the tea shop mysteries. I love anything about tea, the Carolinas and a good ole whodunit. I emailed Laura once and she emailed me back. Very nice lady. I bought the first book for my BFF but she didn't like it like I do. She is into Sci fi which I don't care for but we both like tea and backgammon and big hats to wear to tea and antique hunting. So I'll keep her still on speed dial 2.

TW

Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2017 :  01:47:19 AM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Nancy, good to know. I will be getting some of them as soon as I can. Do they have to be read in order? Thanks for the info.

Darlene
Sister 1922

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2017 :  09:45:41 AM  Show Profile
I'm stumped... one of you lovely ladies gave us a tasty red raspberry/hibiscus tea awhile back. It was soooo good, but I can't find it anywhere in the stores. Was it 'Republic of Tea' company? Could you tell me the full listing of flavors on the front also. I'm bound and determined to find it. I enjoyed it so much!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page