Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2017 :  3:33:09 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Judy, I sent a berry hibiscus by Lipton. The only others were from Peggy and Nora. I think it was from Nora.

Went to the library today and it was $2 fill a bag day! Yippee for me! I almost went back a second time. I should have. Never can have enough books, fabric, tea, ice cream............yikes! LOL! HaHaHa!

Be Blessed and Be a Blessing,
Darlene
Sister 1922
October 2016 Farmgirl of the month

John 11: 35 Jesus wept.

When Satan's knocking at your door, just say "Jesus will you get that for me?"

When it gets to hard to stand, Kneel!

Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2017 :  4:16:45 PM  Show Profile
Judy, I got the Wild Raspberry Hibiscus tea at a local market. The brand is Stash. The ingredients are Hibiscus, lemongrass, rosehips, orange peels, licorice root, and raspberry flavoring. I'd be glad to pick you up a box and sent it if you like.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Farmgirl of the Month, January 2017
http://firecatinc.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2017 :  6:03:10 PM  Show Profile
Hi Ladies,
Peggy sorry to hear of your loss.

The tea shop mysteries are by Laura Child and they are great I have read all 15 of them and she also has a scrapbook series, and some other one.
Harney and sons makes a wonderful raspberry hisbucus tea. It has become one of my favorites.

WEll our school has spent the past two days with our visiting accreditation team. They have recommended we be reaccredited. This is celebration for our school after two long years of much work to prepare. Thank the Lord we are good school with no major deficiencies. WE of course have stuff to work on but it good to improve and still be a great school with God as the center. Now to get through our school musical in a week and half. I am the director of music and that is not my cup of tea. But my prinicipal thinks that if you sing, you can direct. YIKES!!!!! But tomorrow is our last day and then out until Tuesday for Easter.

I have you all in my prayers.
blessings and love
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Purple Skies
http://mypurpleskies.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2017 :  6:35:59 PM  Show Profile
Great news, Tammy.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2017 :  7:06:05 PM  Show Profile
Good Evening My Porchies...

I am so glad to see that you all have NOT been lost in snow storms. I was beginning to wonder there for awhile. LOL

Yes, Nora sent the Wild Raspberry Hibiscus Tea. It was sooooooooooooooooooo good!! I agree with you there Judy...it was nummy!
The one I sent was a Pomegranate.

Good Tea, Good Books and Great Girlfriends...is always a winning combination!!!

Teacher Tammy...Glad to hear that you Accreditation went through...that is always a relief. Now you can relate to how your Butterflies feel after Teacher/Parent Conferences. A Big Sigh of relief!! Glad to know that you read all the Laura Child's Tea Mystery Books. Some one asked IF they had to be read in order and I am curious about that too...as I discovered it was book #8 that I had ordered. It was one of those 1.99 specials on my Kindle. I get FB stuff from Laura Child's and she seems like such a neat gal!

Hubby has been kind of ornery and very argumentative ... I am hoping I can survive a week and a half Vacation with him. It is so hard somedays. I could
pull out my hair but it is already too thin since I turned gray. LOL Usually on days like this I go out and do my 10,000 steps and walk the stress off.
I did about 6,000 steps today because it got really windy. So had to come in earlier than I wanted. Was really bummed when I got home and found my Fitbit
was still charging...I had forgot to put it on. So, non of those steps even counted today. Oh, well...that is how my day has gone. Except this morning
I went over and played with my grandkids while mommy went to the Dentist. We had a fun 4 hours and it went by so fast. They are the loves and joy of
my life. They just make my heart so happy.

OK...more later...I'm pooped.

Hugs and Smiles Across The Miles,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Dec 2011-Farmgirl of the Month
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

Love The People God gave you...
Because He will need them back one day!
Go to Top of Page

Tumbleweed
True Blue Farmgirl

1016 Posts

Nancy
Texas
USA
1016 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2017 :  7:48:40 PM  Show Profile
Hi Darlene. I like to read in order but for the Tea Shop mysteries it isn't necessary.

TW

The fun begins where the pavement ends!
Go to Top of Page

Tumbleweed
True Blue Farmgirl

1016 Posts

Nancy
Texas
USA
1016 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2017 :  7:51:43 PM  Show Profile
Oops added twice

Edited by - Tumbleweed on Apr 11 2017 7:52:55 PM
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2017 :  7:51:47 PM  Show Profile
Thank you for the tea tips girls. Knew I could count on yuns!
Nora, now that I know who makes it and what's in it I'll check again. If I can't find it, yer on! *giggle*
Tammy, I have an odd Laura Childs mystery that I found at a used book store. It's called 'Scorched Eggs,'
A Cackleberry Club Mystery. That series has 6 books in it according to the inside cover.
I like Joanne Fluke food mysteries too. She and Laura rate right up there with lite reading. Good 'Who-Done-It's!'

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
FGOTM:Jan.2012
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"
"The serious go through life blowing far too few raspberries!"
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2017 :  05:13:11 AM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Thanks Nancy, glad to know you don't have to read the tea books in order. I'll be on a search now. She does have several other series also.

Congrats Tammy! When I was still nursing we had state inspections every year. Every T better be crossed or an infraction was imposed. Stressful but good for patient safety. After all we should know our nursing practices, don't you think? Any corrections are for the good! Inspectors would pop in at other random times also. When I was doing agency nursing, I would be in more than one sometimes. They would walk with you as you passed meds and did treatments. Glad those days are over!

Peggy, hugs! Turn some gospel music on and chill out. Easier said than done sometimes but better to get some praise on then let the devil get a foothold and ruin the whole day. Amen!

It's sure good to know that all we have to do is ask a question and one of our sisters will know the answer! Aren't we lucky and smart! LOL!

Have a great and blessed day!

Be Blessed and Be a Blessing,
Darlene
Sister 1922
October 2016 Farmgirl of the month

John 11: 35 Jesus wept.

When Satan's knocking at your door, just say "Jesus will you get that for me?"

When it gets to hard to stand, Kneel!

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2017 :  08:42:44 AM  Show Profile
Hi Gals! I saw the April, Full, Pink Moon last night! Did you?
It was hazy up there and the moon cast a light pink glow in a wide ring. It was gorgeous!
Thank You God for that privilege!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2017 :  8:33:57 PM  Show Profile
Judy...I like Joanne Fluke too...except for the 30 recipes she gives in each book. LOL That drives me a little nuts. So girls please tell me
that Laura Child doesn't do the same thing. ~ Yes, I did see the pink moon last night. Like you said, the moon itself was hazy but it had
that pink halo glowing around it. Pretty! Pretty!

Darlene...I have been listening to some of my favorite Contemporary Christian Music. Also the other night my hubby and I listened to some
random selections from some Southern Gospel Music from the Gathers Series. We really liked the Cathedrals when they were together...and so
my husband has been listening some nights to 7 hours of Southern Gospel. Like I said, he has been going down memory lane and so he shared
some of the music with me too. Because we use to go to all those Gaither Homecoming Concerts when they came to town. And I could get him all
the promotional Video's when the came out for only $5.00...so we have tons of them. Now that you can listen to them all on GodTube and YouTube
I will probably get rid of the ones we bought over the years. Good Stuff though!!!

Nancy...good to know we don't have to read the Tea Shop Mysteries in order. I can read my #8 book now. But it is about three books down on my reading
list at the moment. Maybe 4...but I will get to it.

OK...well today I finally got my brakes fixed on my car so that means I don't have to suck air every time I hear them squeal. I hate car noises! I can
drive my man insane with car noises that bother me. LOL Anybody else feel that way? I told him that I wasn't going to Victoria BC...listening to squealing breaks the entire way...as he would then need to have me admitted into a Foreign Country's Mental Hospital. He laughed but he knew I was serious.
Also, it was one of those days when it just poured buckets of rain. I did get a short walk in before it started but couldn't get out this evening to
finish it. I miss my walking when I can't get out there. So, I did the next best thing...I ate a Chocolate Eclair and then I felt much Better. ROFLOL

OK...Love You All!

Sweet Dreams Girls,
Peg

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Apr 12 2017 8:39:30 PM
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2017 :  7:02:35 PM  Show Profile
Hi Gals! Peg, I am that way too about car noises. Dave will drive his Jeep till it drops, noises and all. Me...I hear one ~poop or fizzle~ out of my 'beetle-bug' that I haven't heard before ...and off to the mechanic I go. Call me a fanatic...I don't care! I want my car to be there for me! *giggle*
We had 55, sun, clouds, sun, clouds, sun...etc... all day today. I got my mowing done though. I was chilly even though I was working. Was glad for a nice hot cuppa after! Speaking of which.... Nora, I found that tea. I was so excited. I had a cup as soon as I got home last night. Gooood stuff!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2017 :  7:26:55 PM  Show Profile
Great, Judy. Glad you can get it locally.
Ladies, hope you all have a great Easter. We're going to Delaware to Jay's mom for Easter. Both of his brothers and his son and daughter will be there. The weather is suppose to be late spring like, so hopefully, everything will be relaxing and great. My baby boy turns 38 on Easter Sunday. Hope the Easter bunny is good to all.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Go to Top of Page

Tumbleweed
True Blue Farmgirl

1016 Posts

Nancy
Texas
USA
1016 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2017 :  7:43:33 PM  Show Profile
You too Nora. Have a safe trip up and back.

TW

The fun begins where the pavement ends!
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2017 :  12:00:02 PM  Show Profile
Hello Ladies,
It is beautiful day here after a big thunderstorm last night. The dogs just growled at the thunder. Made sleeping a bit hard to do lol.

Judy I love the Joanna Fluke series too. I have read several of them.

Peggy I hope you don't pull your hair out when on vacation.

I have been off for Easter since Thursday and don't go back until Tuesday. This is our last break until school is out but that the last few weeks will go fast. They are always buzzing with activity and then the first week of June I am off to Texas to a beach for a week. I can't wait.

WEll just thought I would pop in and say hello.
love to you all
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Purple Skies
http://mypurpleskies.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2017 :  1:53:50 PM  Show Profile
Hello My Porchies...

I hope everyone had a Lovely Easter Weekend! Ours was just Amazing! I should say mine. I don't think my husband's was all that great but he gets
grumpy over every little thing these days. We went to Saturday Night Easter Service because I just like the smaller crowds. My youngest son and family came too. And my Best Friend Patti. Anyway, when they got there Elijah went right to Grandpa. He doesn't get to see him enough...but He sat on Larry's lap for
40 minutes during the Praise and Worship Time. They showed some scenes from The Passion of the Christ after the Singing and Elijah and Savannah had stayed in the Service with us and I could tell Elijah was having a nervous reaction to what he was seeing and even little Savannah just sat there glued to the Scenes.
They showed the scourging, Jesus being nailed to the Cross and The Resurrection part. When service was over I took Elijah out with me...and I try to be very
casual about this...but just said to him..."I didn't like watching that man whip Jesus and then Nail Him to The Cross." Elijah said, "I didn't either Grandma that was really mean." I said, "I know it was and it hurts my heart every time I see that." He said, "That hurts my heart too!" I said, "The really sad thing is...that Jesus had to go through that to save us all from our sins." And he just said, "Oh,...." I don't know if he got that last part but just talking to him in a very loving casual way...helped him deal with what he saw. Non of us knew they were going to show that
and our two kiddo's were the only ones in the main service...and they just sat their with eyes wide open...in stunned silence. And Mommy and Daddy weren't happy about the kids watching that. So I knew I needed to say something to Elijah; and Savannah is so young I don't think she even could grasp what she was seeing. Praise God! ~ Then we took them out for donuts and the kids loved that! ~ The next day Saddie and Shane had us over for dinner along with her dad and his new wife (we all get along so fabulously. Even Patti... Sadie's Mom gets along with her ex-husband and his wife). My son Pat went over for the dinner too but Larry went to a different Church Service...as he had left the Saturday Night Service because the Music was so loud. We all agreed with him but we
stuck it out anyway. Good thing my kids were there or I would have had a very long walk home. LOL Mercy Me!

Well, we have postponed our trip to Victoria, BC until June...only because the Hotel Contacted us to let us know that They were having a Huge Race this
coming weekend and the runners lined up at our Hotel to start so there would be a lot of people and a lot of Noise. Since the only way to Victoria Island is by Ferries...we could see that being a bad thing too...as they would be packed to overflowing with cars and people. So, we just decided to wait. I am
still going to The Beach with My Son & Family in the middle of May.

Judy...thanks for the pkg. I got it on Saturday, so the mail was quick. Haven't tried the contents yet but will let you know what I think once I do.
Adorable Magnets! Thank You My Gal Pal!!!

Elijah and I must have hidden and found all his plastic eggs a million times yesterday. He loves doing that! I have a bucket of them here at my house
for him too. Savannah really got into it too for a 16 month old.Then I
Had to come home and walk off all that good dinner and get my 10,000 Steps in. But it was a nice way to end a really Wonderful Day!

Teacher Tammy...I am so glad that you are going to The Beach Again!!! Nothing soothes the Soul like Ocean Air and the crashing of the surf.

Ok my Lovelies...off to get some work done.

Love and Hugs,
Peg

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Apr 17 2017 2:06:20 PM
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2017 :  3:50:45 PM  Show Profile
We went to Dave's mums church for Easter service. It was her first time back to church in about 3 months. She forgot her teeth and her hearing aids...BUT...she was there. She raise her had during 'Prayer Requests & Praises' and said..."I'm here!" Everyone laughed and the preacher said..." and we're glad you are Bev!" hahaha
The rest of the day we just had a good olé R&R kind of day!
I can't watch violent things like that at all Peg! Never could! Even as a kid, my parents had to be very careful what I saw! I've always been extremely sensitive!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2017 :  1:25:57 PM  Show Profile
Here we go again. Dave's mum is in hospital again. She became unresponsive yesterday afternoon and they took her in thinking it was a stroke. But it is a really bad bladder infection that is running rampant because of her Myasthenia Gravis. Her immune system is so weak. Her BP was really low so they gave her meds for that which caused chest pain so they had to fix that. Now they found MRSA bacteria in her nose. So she is in isolation just as a precaution.
We had t-storm last night and this morning. Now it is really windy and sunny/cloudy, low 80's.

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2017 :  2:38:35 PM  Show Profile
Judy, your plate is really full. Hoping things soon calm down for you.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2017 :  10:40:16 PM  Show Profile
Judy...had to laugh about Dave's mum forgetting her teeth and hearing aids! Sounds like something my husband would do. LOL
Iam so sorry that she is back in the Hospital. It just keeps going from bad to worse. The MRSA in her nose sounds wickedly bad.
Putting her back on my prayer list.

My husband had some type of rapid heart beat in the middle of the night and the Hospital Machine picked it up and they called Larry
today and said they needed to see him right away. But can't get him in for two weeks. I am happy to say that the Defibrillator did
it's job...but Larry never felt anything. He never felt his other two Heart Attacks either. When he does sleep he sleeps like a rock.
I guess that can be a good thing in cases like this...The defibrillator gives you a kick in the Chest like a horse kick. He said that
something woke him up during the night but he didn't know what it was.

I am so tired tonight...but Bible Study was really good. Lessons were so interesting. Both my little grandbabies were there. They were
so good!! They were great at Church on Saturday Night also. Very Proud of them!

Keep us posted on Dave's Mum Judy.

Nora...are you planting your garden yet? I decided to put mine into flowers.

Love and Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2017 :  6:20:28 PM  Show Profile
Yes, Peggy I have all the spring stuff in peas, radishes, lettuce, spinach, cabbage, broccoli, Brussel sprouts, potatoes and onions. I've started throwing some flowers in here and there. Can't wait for May and can get the good stuff Tomatoes and Peppers going. Can hardly wait for my first BLT.
What type of flowers are you growing?

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2017 :  6:42:04 PM  Show Profile
Well, today the docs said that his Mum had a heart attack some time yesterday. Don't know why they didn't know it yesterday. Weird! They put her on Heparin and gave her a unit of blood. She says she feels fine.
I spent the day outside mowing and wedding. It was a breezy, chilly day. Perfect for yard work. Tomorrow I'll probably ache like I was beaten... but that's the price ya pay for outdoor fun isn't it? Glad I had something to do to keep myself sane! While weeding I found a small handful of asparagus. Gave it to Dave. Ya... he ate it raw. Said it was so sweet and tender. Hahaha
Enjoy your weekend Porchies! I'm gonna try to!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!

Edited by - herblady55 on Apr 21 2017 6:42:45 PM
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2017 :  8:10:22 PM  Show Profile
Judy...I was so confused when I read that you were mowing and wedding??? HUH? LOL Don't you love when your brain and fingers don't coordinate? *giggle*
I don't know how they missed my husbands two heart attacks either. The Cardiologist missed them but our Family Dr. didn't. Some days you just wonder how many
years Dr.'s keep "Practicing" Their Profession. LOL I guess until they die or we die huh? Anyway, good for you for mowing and weeding but yeah you will feel
pretty beat-up tomorrow. Our bodies complain a lot more the older we get.

Nora...I live in an Apartment so my Gardening is Pot Gardening. I have a Bleeding Heart, A Lily, Some wild flowers, some pansies and violets and a burnt orange
gerber daisy. But I'm not done yet. I also have a Blueberry cane that a gal here gave me...that I didn't really want...but she wouldn't take no for an answer and
she just left it in my small garden anyway. It did nothing last year but it has berries on it this year...so we shall see. Your veggies sound good! When I was doing
pots of veggies I did 3 kinds of tomatoes and cucumbers and sweet potatoes. I too love a good BLT!!! I think I might get a Rhubarb plant as I have one big Pot left
and I love Rhubarb.

Quiet on The Porch lately! Hope you ALL have a Wonderful Weekend.

Hugs and Smiles,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2017 :  8:13:15 PM  Show Profile
My son's bleeding heart was blooming so pretty Monday when I was down.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2017 :  09:01:06 AM  Show Profile
Peg... you can plant rhubarb n a pot? Really? Huh...
Dave's' sisters are with his mum today, so he's at her house mowing. We shall see what the docs say today.
I think I took enough herbs and Motrin that I can go out and tend my garden today. It got down to 44 last night so it's breezy and cloudy again today. Great for being outside, working.
Pasty and her family are at her FIL's church for his 90th birthday celebration today. It never ceases to amaze me... how many parents outlive their kids. hmmm....

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page