Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2017 :  09:24:43 AM  Show Profile
Judy I am so sorry to hear of the troubles Dave's mom continues to have! Continuing to pray for all of you!!!!

Things here have been kinda difficult lately. Part of that is due to morning sickness. Yup - we are expecting again, due around Thanksgiving. I have managed to get some seed trays planted though, so I'm excited about that! In fact, many of our tomato seedlings have popped up their sweet little heads!!! We also have numerous chicks down in brooders in our basement. We started with 80... but we've lost 15! We have two more tat aren't doing real well, but are holding on for now. This past Monday was my birthday. My sweet hubby took the day off from work and we all went fishing. We only caught two rainbow trout (which were delicious!), but had a lot of fun. Then, on the way home, we lost two bearings on our suburban. That was scary!!! For the last couple miles to the nearest gas station, we coasted, we almost no brakes!!! Hubby is spending today replacing the bearings, the caliber, the caliber bracket, the rotors, and the brake pads. I'm so thankful he knows how to do all of that! I've been fighting a migraine for the last almost 24 hours (I'm semi medicated at the moment), so I doubt I will be doing a whole lot! We are hoping to go to church in the morning though, as long as my migraine is gone!

~ Shannon, Sister # 5349
Farmgirl of the Month - January 2016
http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2017 :  3:02:20 PM  Show Profile
Happy belated birthday, Shannon. Sounds like a really nice day. Love to go fishing.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Farmgirl of the Month, January 2017
http://firecatinc.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2017 :  6:50:49 PM  Show Profile
Hi ladies,
Hope you are having a great day. I just thought I would pop in and say hello. it is a beautiful day here. Been busy with a few things. We have a new coffee shop in town that sells coffee and teas that I helped them purchase and the most delightful homemade scones and many other good things. I love the atmosphere it is a lot like the café at Barnes and NOble. I spent part of this morning there. It was a lovely way to spend my Saturday. My dear hubby is fearful I will never come out lol

Tomorrow is our school musical, I hope it goes well. We had a tough week of practice but hopefully tomorrow it will be wonderful. It has a great Christian message.

Judy keeping all of you in prayers. So sorry for all you are going through. It was one year ago that my sweet mother in law went to be with Jesus. That hardly seems possible.

Ok well yall I think it is evening tea time. So I am going to fly out of here. Have a great evening.
love to you all
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Purple Skies
http://mypurpleskies.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2017 :  08:57:20 AM  Show Profile
Took my new sneakers for a walk this morning. Here are a few of the things that are blooming up and down my road.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2017 :  08:58:12 AM  Show Profile
Took my new sneakers for a walk this morning. Here are a few of the things that are blooming up and down my road.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2017 :  7:30:12 PM  Show Profile
Shannon...Congrats on the Pregnancy...but sorry you have had morning sickness. I have wondered what happened to you and Sabrina as we haven't
heard from you for awhile. Now I know about you anyway. Hope you are feeling a bit better. Is this your 8th child? I'm losing count girl!

Nora...very pretty pictures! Looks like you had a pretty sunny day! We had rain and clouds but yesterday was an Amazingly Gorgeous Day! It was 72
degrees here and we were all loving soaking up the sun warmth. Now we are back to another week of rain. It seems like we have been averaging
about one Beautiful Day per week and yesterday was the best yet.

My hubby took me out to get some really good walking shoes as I have been buying cheap ones and I started to develop a bunion on my left foot from
not being able to find a proper fitting shoe for cheap. So we went to a place where I use to buy my work shoes. And Larry asked me how much I thought
a great pair of walking/running shoes would be there. I said, "Well, probably $125.00" He said, "That's Ok I want you to have a good pair that won't
wreck your feet. Well, when I got in there it was a wee bit higher. Choke, Gasp, Sweat!!! They were $149.99 before tax. 165.00 for a pair of walking shoes!
I have never owned a pair of shoes that expensive before. They feel wonderful on my feet but I just pray they last me a full year at that price. I went
through 3 pairs last year walking. I hate sounding cheap...but I am!! LOL I never buy anything that is not on sale when it comes to clothes and shoes.
Well, until yesterday that is! I hope my feet appreciate the sacrifice!! LOL They have arches that will not break down for a year...I know that. They almost
Look Like RoboCop shoes. ROFLOL Pretty futuristic to me. Plus you stand in a Foot Machine when you first get to the Shop and it measures your feet but also
points out problem areas and if you need a shoe with a better arch support. I had told her that I prefered a walking shoe with a wider toe box...and she said,
you were right that is exactly what you need because you have a bunion starting on your left foot. The machine shows hot spots on your feet if there is a
problem happening. Who knew? Plus I got a lesson on how to lace and tie a Runner's Shoe! That was amazing...I didn't know there was a special way to tighten
your shoe around your ankle. Soooooooooooooooo...I guess I got my monies worth and the shoes feel 1,000 times better than what I have been wearing.

Teacher Tammy...I hope your Spring Music Performance was a huge hit. I'm sure you did great!!! I have to tell you what Elijah did at Bible Study on Thursday Night.
I guess he had been watching the Drummer during Praise and Worship at our Easter Service...so, he whispered to me at Bible Study...That he wanted to do something
when I started teaching. I really didn't get what he was saying until I looked over and as I am speaking he is Air-Drumming. *giggle* He figured Grandma was doing
Church and I needed his talent. Oh, that was so precious!! I chuckle every time I think about it. ~ Your new Coffee/Tea Cafe sounds great!!! I would hang out there
too. Great Place to read or work on your Bible Study over a cup of coffee or for you TEA! At least your hubby will know where to find you if you turn up missing
for hours. LOL Have a Great Week Girl!!

Judy...are you dead from your yard work the other day. I hope you didn't over-do. How's Dave's Mum? And how is Patsy in the New House by herself?
I just don't know why you have to keep life so interesting over in your neck of the woods. You need a few dull moments to luxuriated in! Keeping you all
in my prayers.

Have a Lovely Sonday Evening Girls!!!

Love, Hugs and Joy,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Dec 2011-Farmgirl of the Month
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

Love The People God gave you...
Because He will need them back one day!

Edited by - LadyInRed on Apr 23 2017 7:40:45 PM
Go to Top of Page

Sobyn
True Blue Farmgirl

752 Posts

Sabrina
Kansas
USA
752 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2017 :  05:41:27 AM  Show Profile
Hi ladies, Sorry I have been MIA! I can't catch up at this point so I'll start fresh. I did notice Shannon is Pregnant?!? CONGRATULATIONS!!!

It has been INSANELY busy and hard here since Dustin left. We are starting to feel somewhat normal but it has been rough. The kids (especially the middle 2) are having a REALLY hard time with Dad being gone and behavior has been absolutely awful from them plus all of the kids are just arguing and fighting constantly. I overcommitted myself despite having sworn to not commit to anything until the fall....go figure. No big surprise but this time I really really shouldn't have. So I'm having to backtrack a bit and get some things off my plate. I've told my supervisor with the exchange student program that I need a few weeks to get my family on track and she is totally understanding, I will process applications but I am not actively advertising right now. I am supposed to be organizing the homeschool conference this summer but I've told the other people life is harder than I expected and I need more help with that. I was signed up for a doula class that started this month but I transferred to one that starts in July instead. After this I may have learned my lesson!!!

As for the homestead, we have chickens. We have plants sprouting in the garden and fruit starting to develop on the fruit trees. We have beehives almost ready, a bee trap up and a package of bees arriving in May. That is all we are going to do this year. Otherwise it is just cleaning up the yard and doing some work on the house.

My brother has come to stay with me for a bit to help out. Not sure how long he is staying but it is nice to have an extra person around. He got a job so is working during the day but helping with stuff around the house and yard evenings and weekends.

The girls have started baton twirling. I am teaching them and they have been to two competitions. It is a fun thing to do with them. My oldest takes it very seriously, my younger daughter just likes the costumes and makeup.

I think that is the summary for us. I will make sure I check in more often and get caught up on everyone else. Once the baby is entertaining himself a bit better maybe I can start working on badges again and working on young cultivator badges with the girls.

Sabrina

Farmgirl Sister #3275
February 2016 Farmgirl of the Month
http://kidscrunchandchrist.com

Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

2991 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
2991 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2017 :  1:25:16 PM  Show Profile

These are a few from last month. More later - it's milking time :)

~Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701
September 2014 Farmgirl of the Month
http://nndairy.blogspot.com/

"The purpose of life is to enjoy every moment" - Yogi teabag
Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2017 :  4:08:13 PM  Show Profile
So cute.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2017 :  6:34:47 PM  Show Profile
OMGosh...gushgushgush...look at those babies. Heather I just want to squeezle them all, Mama's too!
My favorite Is that calf snuffling the hen. That is soooo Ca-ute!!! That would make such a cute 'Farm-girl greeting card, wouldn't it?
So nice to see all the lost coming home. Been missing ya'll! Wondered what happened to you too, like Peg said.
Peg, I'm like you. I buy cheap shoes and add arch supports and heel cups to make them fit my high arches and narrow heels. I just bought new shoes last week myself. 1 pair for walking and 1 pair for everyday. WalMart had Dr Scholl tennies marked down from $30 to $15. They were perfect. Lots of padding and arch support. They had a sale corner in the shoe department and I also found a pair of Earth shoes for dress-up. Now the walking shoes I found at Goodwill for $5.00. I told God that morning that I needed new shoes and was going to Goodwill first. I walked in the door, to the shoe department and there they were in my size. Brand new. I tried them on(as if I needed to) and said, "Thank You God!" They were perfect. So all in all I bought 3 pair of shoes that day for a total of $25.***SCORE***
Now... for a little 'senior moment' humor. I've worn my everyday shoes 3 times now and just today I was at the flea market and just happened to look down at my feet and saw that I had left a tiny cardboard tag that said, "Dr Scholl genuine leather" on the laces of both shoes. I said... "Oh my gosh, I thought those were leather tags like you see on purses and they were suppose to be there!" rofl Talk about feeling like a senior citizen. Wow-wee! Hahahahaha. So, Peg... heads up...check your shoes over real good girlie. Don't want that happening to you. Dave didn't even notice. We have crossed over...We are "Senile Citizens!" hahaha
Pasty is up here helping her daughter, Kim and grand-daughter pack. I think I mentioned that last week(I think).Possibly another senior mishap. Anyhow, she is here in Ohio till May 20th. They are all Kentucky bound that day. We went down to Kim's yesterday to visit them for the afternoon. We had a good visit. Took a nice long walk. Earth shoes are comfortable for that too. Hahaha I was still in my church clothes. Didn't feel the need to change. Patsy is coming up the w/e of May 13th because we are going to see Jim Brickman in concert. She's all excited. It's just our sissy thing. No boys allowed. Boys have cooties anyhow! Hahaha
Dave's mum... sad news... she had a heart cath done today and has 2 completely blocked arteries and one 90% blocked, which they put a stint in while they had her on the table. But she's too weak to do the other 2. They aren't sure what they are going to do yet. Dave said she's so out of it she asked him 10 times the other day what day it was. It's hard to believe that we all went to church with her on Easter and now...???

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
FGOTM:Jan.2012
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"
"The serious go through life blowing far too few raspberries!"
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2017 :  10:09:36 PM  Show Profile
Judy...it's done you good to see your Sissy because your "HAPPY" is back and your "Humor" too. Wooeee, I have missed those. I will be the first one to say I LOVE
you any ol' way we can have you...even as a crossed over "Senile Citizen" *giggle, snort, giggle*. So, you tell Patsy for me that you girls have to keep up
some weeks for serious Sissy Time. I'm betten Patsy is laughing a lot more too!!! Life really does change in a blink of an eye but it doesn't have to be all
bad and doom and gloom. We just can't allow Satan to steal our JOY!!! It's Not his for the taken...it belongs to Jesus!!!
Dave's Mum doesn't sound like she is doing very well. I pray that he takes her home and lets her rest. She deserves some peace...and being in and out of Hospitals is no reward at the end of Life. Nor how your loved ones want your last days.
Well, there you go girl...shopping for Tennis Shoes just like I use to! I was over here jumping up and down...just so excited for you!!! Then I remembered my bunion and I
have to admit it hasn't hurt since I put these new Robo-Sneakers on. LOL They are sooooooooooooooooooooooo comfy! And I don't need to put my arch supports in them as
they have their own! So, what if I bought my first car for what my hubby just spent on my Tennis Shoes! ROFLOL My feet are purring just like a Hemi Motor! LOL

Well girls we had a very tense weekend here. My husband told my son that he had until the end of next month and then he had to be out. The conversation would have gone so
much better if my husband would have been nicer about it. Everything he said was true and needed to be said but my son was embarrassed and I wasn't real happy that my
husband hadn't prepared me for this spur of the moment conversation. But I told my son later to just Let It Go! And it took Patrick two long walks to be able to do that
but he finally did. So, we shall see how it all goes from here. I hate walking around on egg shells but it has been that way with Larry every since he found out he couldn't
have any stents or bypasses. It is like he got Old and Grouchy and he doesn't filter anything that comes out of his mouth. My son Pat said to Shane via text. "Your Dad is really making me mad! and Shane said, "I don't doubt that for a minute." So, yeah it gets a little hairy around him...and all I can say is it is a Good thing we all love and respect
him despite himself. LOL If I get old (no I'm NOT!) and grouchy just "SHOOT" ME PLEASE! LOL

Heather...oh I love the Baby Pictures!!! They are all so cute! I think Judy is right you should make some Greeting cards out of some of those pictures and all us Farmgirls
would buy them. I also love the Cow and Chicken one the Best! It is like the Calf is saying, "Hey, what is this thing??" LOL Too Adorable! We have Missed you girl. I
know you are busy this time of Year but try to come on a little more often please. Just so we know you are still Kicken Up Those Cowgirl Boots of Yours!

Sabrina...there You BE!!! Man O' Man girl we've missed you and Shannon too. You went and got yourself overly busy again with all those things you JUST LOVE TO DO!!
Well when God let's you know you've over-done it...you at least listen to him and try to do something about it. So Good For You!!! I loved the pictures of your girls
in their Baton Outfits that you posted on FB. They are so cute.

Well, I found out today when I called My Mother to Wish Her Happy 84th Birthday...that my sister-in-law who just recently died...died from acidic blood. Which Mom was
told either happens from your Kidneys or Heart or if you are Diabetic. Deb could have been undiagnosed Diabetic because she was a Large Gal. But I didn't know that
Acidic Blood could Kill You. Where is Miss Darlene when I need her to fill me in on all this Medical Stuff.

~ Hey, has anyone heard from Becky??? Seems like awhile since we had an update on her. I pray she is doing better that is for sure. I looked around my Kitchen and stuff to see how much Plastic I would have to get rid of (so as not to get cancer) and I have so much plastic in my Apartment It would be simpler to just trash myself! LOL It is amazing how much plastic is in our every day lives. I couldn't afford to replace everything I would need
to replace. Mercy Me!! I'm proud of Becky and her hubby for being able to do it. Kudos to them for even attempting that Colossal Job.

Well, I'm off for some Tea and a Book.

Blessings and Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

Ladybek9756
True Blue Farmgirl

882 Posts

Rebecca
Linneus Maine
USA
882 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2017 :  05:43:23 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Ladybek9756's MSN Messenger address  Send Ladybek9756 a Yahoo! Message
Hello everyone. Sorry for being MIA for so long. I don't write or be around people when I am down and that has been me for the last couple of weeks. I usually don't stay down long, and now I am beginning to feel more like myself. To update everyone, I am healing nicely. I still have some limits on arm movement and am wondering just how much I will be limited when the healing is over. Yesterday, Paul and I went and started planting our living fence in the back area of our property. My neighbor and our land join is an open field. She came by the other day wanting to buy an acre of our land and so I wanted a fence to separate our land boundary. We decided on a hedge for privacy as well. The fruit trees, nut trees, fruit bushes are in and now it is raining for about 3 days. This weekend is going to be busy planting all of the trees and fruit bushes. Paul is concerned about my strength to handle the job. So he has decided to spread it out over the course of a week to keep the work load down. We are doing good these days, the weather is getting warmer and we still love our farm even though there are tons of work to be done. Gotta love the farm live.

Shannon, happy belated birthday. Hope things are going good with you.

Sabrina, I can relate to over extending oneself's. Sometimes it takes being over extended to see that quality in yourself. Hang in there and if you can learn to say no. I am still working on that one. LOL

Judy, I have you in my continued prayers. Also I have finished reading the book and will be sending it back on Friday when we go into town.

Nora I love the pictures. I have similar scenery up here in Maine.

Heather, love the pictures of the cows. Paul and I have discussed maybe getting a cow or two down the road. We are working out the issues of hay and feeding them. I need to learn how to milk a cow first before I go and get one. That will be a challenge don't you think?

Well I have better get back to the kitchen. I told Paul I would make bread today and he has also put in a request for sweet bread. I think it will be apple or cranberry.

Have a great day!

Becky

May the stars carry your sadness away. May the flowers fill your heart with beauty, and may hope forever wipe away your tears.
Farm Girl of the Month December 2016

Edited by - Ladybek9756 on Apr 26 2017 05:53:57 AM
Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2017 :  4:34:04 PM  Show Profile
Heather, got my tea package today. Thanks for all the goodies.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2017 :  4:39:15 PM  Show Profile
Heather - I received my tea package also. I love everything and won't spoil the surprise for those who haven't received theirs yet. Thank you so much! I have the May tea swap, so packets will be going out in a couple of weeks.

Can't always get time to write, but am usually "lurking" - hugs everyone!

Luanne

beekeepersgirl #691

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.

My blog: finallyafarmgirl.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2017 :  7:36:41 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Thanks Heather for all the tea package goodies.Love them all! Love your sweet babies! How's the farm search going?

Judy, I love a good buy no matter what it is! Earth shoes are comfortable and a good price too. Glad you and Patsy are having a good visit. Enjoy your concert.
Dave's poor mom. Praying for her and all of you.

Luanne, how's your mother? I've passed through Canadensis a few times recently. When can we finally meet?

Peggy, your SIL had acidosis. Google it. Easier than writing a book here! Sorry Larry is a bear! Pat will be ok and good he could shrug it off!

Becky, I wondered what was going on. I do the same thing, I isolate myself. Glad you are better. Careful not to overdo it. Remember I told you I lay in bed and put my arms over my head and I still don't have full range but it does help to stretch my arm. Baby steps! You're still very new! It will get better. No dirt , cuts on the lymph node arm. Careful! How's Paul's leg? Prayers continue.

Congratulations Shannon on your pregnancy and happy birthday. Mine is Friday. Yikes I can't believe I'm so old!

Sabrina, you are like the energizer bunny! I'm tired just reading all you do!

Be Blessed and Be a Blessing,
Darlene
Sister 1922
October 2016 Farmgirl of the month

John 11: 35 Jesus wept.

When Satan's knocking at your door, just say "Jesus will you get that for me?"

When it gets to hard to stand, Kneel!

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2017 :  8:25:48 PM  Show Profile
Heather, I got my tea package today. Loved all the tucks and the cute cow stamp on the envelope. Thank you girlie! I haven't received any mail myself for a few days now. So this came at a good time. I was thinking that the mailman was withholding my stuff. Hahaha
Becky, I agree with Darlene..."Take It Easy Girl!" Be careful not to overdo! You made me tired hearing about all yuns did. *geesh* I hope you enjoyed the book! I found it very interesting.
Well, today I had another energy burst. I did laundry, mowed the yard and ran the sweeper. Last time I did all that yard work I got away with just a couple sore butt muscles. Tomorrow, we shall see.
Dave's mum has been improving the last couple of days. They won't do anything about her 2 blocked arteries unless she has problems with them. As long as she continues to improve they are happy with that. She has actually been getting up to use the bathroom, which is a shock after her being in bed so long.
Time will tell.

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

Ladybek9756
True Blue Farmgirl

882 Posts

Rebecca
Linneus Maine
USA
882 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2017 :  11:28:50 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Ladybek9756's MSN Messenger address  Send Ladybek9756 a Yahoo! Message
Darlene, I am being careful and wearing rubber gloves that go up quite a ways up the arm. I did overstretched my right arm today so I am feeling a lot more pain than yesterday. Paul's leg is coming along nicely. He has to go back next week but it is healing really good. Thanks for reminding me about not getting dirt or any cuts on my right side. I had forgotten about that, but will be more mindful of that. Happy Birthday a day earlier. I hope you have something special plan.

Judy, the book was good. I am only glad that there were no more issues that my husband would go off on the deep end about. He is still in the plastic kick and as we rid our house as much as possible of plastic he is getting better. Now he has the farm to worry about, maybe he will relax a bit these days.

I am not for doing things in baby steps, but I am mindful of my limits. There is just so much to do and so little time to get it done. We have about half of the privot fence in place. But then we have 2 peach trees, 1 cherry tree to put in, not to mention the 8 nut trees. I purchased Black Walnut, Chestnuts, Heartnuts, and Hazelnuts. We also have the blackberries, grapes, blueberries, and cranberries. Finally we have the roses, flowers and one Hydrangea tree to put in. Coming still but not yet arrived are 10 Blue Spruce trees. So you see we have a lot, not to mention the veggies for our garden. That won't be until late next month, thank goodness.

We it is about time to eat and I need to get started on the bread for Saturday's menu. I have decided to make Saturday our international day. This week it is Russian. I have a special sweet bread called Medivnyk with fruit for breakfast. Kulebiaka (salmon pastry dish) for lunch. For dinner it will be a Cabbage soup, Bef Stroganov with asparagus and for dessert Charlottha.

Have a great rest of the day and weekend.

Hugs
Becky

May the stars carry your sadness away. May the flowers fill your heart with beauty, and may hope forever wipe away your tears.
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2017 :  6:08:02 PM  Show Profile
Heather - I received your tea package today. I sent you an email. Thank you so much <3

~ Shannon, Sister # 5349
Go to Top of Page

Ladybek9756
True Blue Farmgirl

882 Posts

Rebecca
Linneus Maine
USA
882 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2017 :  10:06:19 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Ladybek9756's MSN Messenger address  Send Ladybek9756 a Yahoo! Message
Heather, I received your tea package today. Your doing great and I am feeling stronger each day. I hope to be cancer free by this summer as well. I should be having a blood test soon to determine if I am. Thanks for the lovely tea package.
Hugs
Becky

Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2017 :  10:30:02 AM  Show Profile
Ladies,

Thank you for the well wishes. Life here is... interesting. Some of you already know that I struggle with my health... Last year my doctor basically threw up her hands and said she didn't know what else to do to help me! I had one of my adrenal glands removed in 2014 due to a mass... and the other one only sort of works. Anyways, I've been in touch with a nutritionist/herbalist in the area... I will be meeting with her late May. She tells you what she thinks with no beating around the bush, which on one hand could be beneficial, but at the same time I have the tendency of taking things personally. She has already made comments about it being unwise to be bringing another baby into this world in such an unhealthy body. I'm sure you can guess how that went over ;) I'm praying she may be able to send me in the right direction though...

Becky - I'm so glad to hear you are doing fairly well. I understand secluding oneself when down... I do the same, though in all honesty, I think it makes it/me worse, lol. We have international night on Tuesday nights generally. It corresponds with whatever country we are studying for geography. Right now we are eating (and enjoying) Japanese cuisine. I think I might try my hand at sushi soon :)

Darlene - happiest birthday <3

Sabrina - I am so sorry things are so rough with hubby being gone!!! Can you give a vague idea of how much longer? I do to miss deployments AT ALL! You can come be my doula :D

Peggy - praying for the situation with your son and hubby <3

Judy - I always enjoy reading your posts :) They bring a smile to my face!!!

Heather - oh I just want to snuggle those babies! Any luck finding a new farm??? Are you still looking?

Tammy - how did the musical go?

Nora - lovely view for a walk!

~ Shannon, Sister # 5349
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2017 :  11:18:05 AM  Show Profile
Happy Birthday Darlene!
I read back and I believe I forgot to say Happy Birthday to you too Shannon! Sorry!
We are having temps in the 60's today with a chilly breeze and very weak sun. A good day to wash windows.
Pasty said they are going thru all the kitchen stuff still. Can't be much more left.
Enjoy your day girls!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2017 :  11:23:55 AM  Show Profile
Darlene hope this was the best birthday ever.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2017 :  12:37:58 PM  Show Profile
Darlene...Happy Birthday Girlie!!! Hope it's smashing!! Thanks for leading me to google Acidosis...I will do that in awhile.

Shannon...Happy Belated Birthday!! Hope the Nutritionist/herbalist helps. I went to an herbalist years ago in my late 20's/early 30's
and she prescribed all these herbs for my very messed up body. A friend of mine went with me, she was like a second mom to me. Any way the Herbalist said that I was in worse physical condition than my 78 yr. old 2nd Mom. So, she prescribed
all these herbs for me to take (a whole handful of stuff) and I would just finish taking them in time to turn around and projectile vomit like some babies do. I guess neither one of us took into consideration that I have all these weird food and herb allergies. So, I literally threw up a $100.00 worth of herbs...which would be triple that these days. So my system is still messed up. LOL
A year ago...I tried CBD Capsules for my Fibro...and they took all my Fibro pain away...but I discovered I was allergic to Cannabis in even the purest form. I tried it again this year same thing...so even though I never felt better than when I tried it (absolutely no Fibro pain for 4 days) and that was the first time I have been free of Fibro pain in 20 years...I can't take it as it swells my head up and by thee 4th day my throat was closing!
Oh, and just so you know girls it's legal here in WA State. That is the only reason I tried it and only in capsule form.

Becky...I'm so glad to hear that you are doing better. Please don't overdo like Darlene advised. We want you around for years to come.
I love the idea of a living fence line to separate your properties. That will be so cool! Just leave plenty of room for tree growth.
I also think I want to come over for a visit and enjoy some of that Baking you are always doing. Sounds so good! I had to cut out all
the making breads and pastries years ago when I started putting on so much weight! My family didn't like me stopping so my youngest son started baking. He turned out to be a great cook. All three of my boys do a lot of cooking. I love seeing that!

Nora...I'm beginning to think you are a woman of few words! LOL

Judy...I'm thinking your niece must have a big kitchen. I could probably have my entire kitchen packed up in an hour! LOL

OK...I just took Snickers my Scottish Terrier in for his Rabies Shot. And he weighs just under 30lbs. I call him my little chunky monkey!
And I had guessed he had gone up to around 30 lbs. The last time he was at the Vets (well, actually for the last 5 years) he stayed at 24lbs. But then hubby started mixing wet food in with his dry...and that is when he started gaining. He is off resting now...as going to the vets is always traumatic for him. LOL

Have a Lovely weekend! And I hope it is beautiful where ever you are. We are suppose to have a nice one here...windy but sunny. Next week we might
hit our first 80 degree day. Boy, I am so looking forward to that, let me tell you!!!

Love, Hugs and Prayers for everyone!
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Apr 28 2017 1:02:14 PM
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2017 :  3:01:19 PM  Show Profile
PEGGY... this came to me just after I read your nickname for Snickers... ready???.... yer gonna love this...
If you and Snickers jumped into a swimming pool...you'd be doing the "Chunky-Monkey-Dunky!"hahahahahaha
...." When we were younger we use to Skinny-Dip... now we Chunky-Dunk!!!" hahaha

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2017 :  3:09:04 PM  Show Profile
Update on Dave's Mum.... She's coming home tomorrow. Blood pressure and sugar are normal but nothing is working for that jaw pain except narcotics. So hospital doc suggested an acupuncturist. Dave's cousin said her sister went to one she really liked and helped her a lot that's right in town, so she has an appointment for Monday morning.
Let us Pray that that works because she still can't eat. Poor lady!!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page