Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - May 08 2017 :  11:55:25 AM  Show Profile
Busy day indeed, Tammy. Feels good after it's all done. The plants will bring both of you great pleasure as the summer goes on.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Farmgirl of the Month, January 2017
http://firecatinc.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - May 09 2017 :  12:31:15 AM  Show Profile
Hello My Porchies...I was on here yesterday and then had to leave before I could save my post...so here I am again...typing most of it over again.

My husband agreed to try out The Church that I have been wanting to go to. As soon as I got there I found the son of one of the Ladies in My Bible
Study Group. His name is David and so I stopped and chatted with him and his girlfriend before I went in. My husband moves slowly and it was quite
a walk from the Parking Lot into the Bldg. So, even with chatting with David I still managed to get in and get us seats up near the front. I like
to be right in the center of all the excitement and enthusiasm. Have you ever walked into a Church and knew immediately this was going to be your
New Church Home? Well, from the first Worship Song I was ready to place my membership. And the Sermon was a very powerful message on The Power of
The Holy Spirit. I left there feeling my Heart enlarged and My Mind and spirit refreshed and hungry for more. My husband did not say one thing about
it good or bad. I am kind of doubting he will go back with me. He found a Church he really likes and one I don't want to attend at all even to visit.
After 32 years of Marriage it looks like we will be attending different Churches...and that is pretty strange. I went back to a similar Church yrs ago
because they asked us to come Minister there and I didn't NOT want to go...but after praying about it and meeting with the Other Leaders...I agreed to
go for my husbands sake. 8 yrs later he wanted to leave...so we did. And I just don't want another repeat of that 8 years. Both my husband and I like
more Contemporary Worship Services...but there is a limit to how loud we are willing to listen to the Instrumental part of The Praise Team. If it is
drowning out the singing then it is too loud. This Church New Church Sunday the music was just Perfect! Life sure takes on a new dynamics when you get
older.

Well, Friday I went and had my hearing test and today I got my hearing aids...THAT MAKES ME OFFICIALLY OLD GIRLS!!!. They are so small and discreet you
don't even notice them...except, as Judy was saying to Natalie...I do like COLOR...so I didn't go for that old dull flesh tone...I got bright blue! Blue
only because that was the only color they had. You know me girls, I would have prefered Purple or Red but Bold Blue is better than no color! LOL It is
strange because for the first couple of days before your brain starts accepting the change in your new audio-sensory device you hear everything Mega Amplified.
The worst sound all day though was when I took Snickers on his mile walk...his nails on the pavement was all I could hear and it was so LOUD I thought I might
have to turn around and go home because it was bugging me so badly. LOL Like Nails on a chalkboard! Anyway it will take a couple months to have all the Adjustments
made and fine tuned for my hearing problems. But so far so good girls!

I went over this afternoon and played with my two darling grandchildren while mommy went to the Dr. Savannah is getting so big and so smart. For 16 months old...
she understands everything you say to her. And she loves to dance and sing like her big brother does. They are just a JOY to my heart.

Tammy...so good to have you back on The Porch. You have been busy girl. But busy days payoff in one way or another. Those flowers are going to make you so happy.
Matt must enjoy flowers too huh? Seems like you guys are at least working on remaining friends...which is nice!

Natalie...you sound like a very interesting person...with very diverse likes. I use to cross-stitch and really enjoyed it until my hands got to arthritic. Now
I knit and paint rocks and write poetry and do photography and color. And like you I am an avid reader. What kind of books do you enjoy? My favorite are
Mysteries, Suspense, Court Room Drama, and Girlie Books like Jane Austen and also I like some Cozy Reads. The Bible is my all time favorite Book which I read
everyday and I have read every translation at least once. I am always reading two or three books at a time and listening to one while I am doing my 5 mile walk a day.
I also take pictures of flowers when I walk...they seem to be my favorite subject matter to photograph...that and kids. And have you ever tried a watermelon Mimosa? So good!!!

Judy...we have had some wonderful warm days lately. Love that!! You probably would have loved our weather the last two days in the low 70's. I want back up to those
80 degree days and you can bring on the low 90's also...but anything over that is just too hot. Got anymore good books you are reading? I just downloaded a set that I have started but thought they would be cute cozy reads...it was 3 books called A Farm Fresh Romance Series by Valerie Comer Book one is Raspberries and Vinegar, #2 is
Wild Mint Tea (did you write this one??? LOL) #3 is Sweetened with Honey. Thought maybe my Farm Sisters Might like these too. At least check them out.

Nora...what else do you like to make besides Cross Stitching Things? I know you like flowers...who doesn't...they just lift the spirits don't they?

Shannon...Hope you get your health issues figured out. It seems like so many people I know are dealing with some tough Health issues. Even when we try to
eat right...it's crazy huh? All our bad habits from days gone by. I still have plenty of bad habits where food is concerned...only Sweets...my big downfall.

OK My Lovelies...hope I didn't miss anyone but I need to get to bed it is 12:30 and I still want to read for awhile. More Later...

Hugs and Blessings,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Dec 2011-Farmgirl of the Month
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

Love The People God gave you...
Because He will need them back one day!
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - May 09 2017 :  07:13:13 AM  Show Profile
Morning girlie's! I got up at 8:30. I never do that. I'm a night-owl like our Peg and I get up around 10:30.
But I heard a car outside slam their door and I thought the clock said 9:30, so I thought a delivery had come to our door. We shop a lot on-line. THAT would be super early though, even for them. So... all that to say... here I am.... and no, no delivery. *yawn* I didn't sleep well, worrying about Bev. She's in hospital again and has been since Saturday. That pain in her jaw can't even be controlled by a pain pump now. They have finally scheduled a surgery to cut that nerve and stop that pain. It's on Friday. She's so malnourished, Dave hopes she can make it to Friday. She was even dehydrated when she went in. All mouth movement hurts now so she just doesn't move it at all.... and just to let you know... she's a chatter-box. NEVER quiet. So you know this is hard on her.
We went down to see patsy and Kim yesterday and took them to Lehman's Old Time Hardware yesterday. Blaize was in school and missed out. Kim had never been there and patsy and I wanted her to see all the old time gadgets and such that the Amish still use. They shop there all the time. Buggies and horses everywhere. Kim loved it.
Then we went to the Amish kitchen for supper. We'll be going back down Saturday morning to get patsy for our Jim Brickman concert that evening and then she's staying until Thursday. Then we'll take her back and they head to KY the 20th.
Well, we have sun and high 40's this morning. We've had 30's at night, but no frost.
Peg, I'm not reading anything right now. Started a book by the lady who wrote 'Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants,' 1 & 2, called 3 Willows: the sisterhood grows by Ann Brashares(2009), but I can't get into it. I got it at the Mennonite Thrift Store. It's just written weird. It jumps around a lot. I think I'll change to my food mysteries. I have more of those by Joanne Fluke. I also have one called 'Seams Like Murder'(a crochet mystery) By Betty Hechtman(2016)that I picked up at the thrift store. Brand new book for $1.00. Gotta love that. *giggle*
OK gals, time to do something... and wake up! Make it a Great day! Love yuns!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
FGOTM:Jan.2012
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"
"The serious go through life blowing far too few raspberries!"

Edited by - herblady55 on May 09 2017 07:14:26 AM
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - May 09 2017 :  07:17:21 AM  Show Profile
Good morning Porches :) It is cooler here again, which I am loving!!! Low 60s :) We are still battling the stomach bug. Why oh why won't it go away :( Getting ready to head to the post office to pick up some packages... and hoping we have no issues on the way and back (it is about a 45 minute round trip) But the post office starts getting a little feisty when packages just sit there, and we have 4!!! I've been working on ordering school for next year, so that is probably what is there.

Judy - thanks <3 I really do try to do right by my kids, which I really think my parents tried to do well by me, the best they knew. And you made me feel young too :) Are most of our porches really in their 60s? I'm guessing that makes me in the middle of the group.

Nora - I have to admit I am clueless when it comes to flowers! We have this one plant that prior to it starting to grow again, all you saw was dead dried stalks... But the leaves have started growing now, and it looks almost like a squash leaf in its shape. I have no idea what it is!!! We have others that the leaves are very thin tall triangles... but flat. Does that make sense at all? I have no clue what we are going to end up with!!! I know in the yard we have yarrow, which we were quite excited about.

Tammy - you really have been busy! Love how you and Matt still do so much together <3

Peggy - I cannot imagine going to a separate church from Brad!!! I went to one church that he loved... and hated it... but it is where he was saved, so God obviously had His plan <3 But I'm so glad you found a church you like!!! I think we will be joining the one we have been attending. It's not exactly what we are looking for, but it seems to be where God wants us! I'm hoping the nutritionist later this month can help me figure out my health. Things are really bad right now!!! But I have hope <3

~ Shannon, Sister # 5349
Farmgirl of the Month - January 2016
http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

NAGarcia
True Blue Farmgirl

102 Posts

Natalie
Gresham OR
USA
102 Posts

Posted - May 09 2017 :  11:57:04 AM  Show Profile
Not too young - just turned 45. :-) Just a wide variety of interests, most of which cause people to go "aren't you a little old for that?" NO.

Doing putter-y stuff around today - hanging some pictures, do some vacuuming, maybe clean up my yard since the rain finally stopped.

Natalie

Farmgirl Sister #7004 May 2016
^*^ We are the weirdos, mister. ^*^
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - May 09 2017 :  3:23:14 PM  Show Profile
...let's see, Darlene, Peg, my sister, patsy and I are over 60. The 2 Tammy's ...I dunno. Actually we may be half n half in ages. *giggle*
I love to putter. I think I get more done when I putter than when I make a list of 'to-do's.'
I colored my hair today which I hadn't done since November. Was deciding if I wanted to continue doing it or not. My hair is so calico on it's own... no one basic color, so when it does gray, it doesn't look bad... just a little drab and tired, especially after winter. SO... it's spring and Judy decided to give herself a cut and color. SO I bought dark golden blonde, lightest golden brown and light golden red. (I love to mix and experiment) It's playtime to me. When I put it on my hair it was the prettiest dark purple I'd ever seen... on a head of hair. I thought 'uh-oh...BUT I'd read enough to know that you shouldn't trust the look in a bottle. So I waited the usual 10 minutes and rinsed. I got the prettiest medium golden blonde-red with brown undertones. I left the back couple of bottom inches uncolored since it's dark brown. I like it! Works for me. Maybe next time I'll add more red and less blonde or less brown. Anyhoo, I almost made Peg proud... if it would have been dark PURPLE!!!hahaha
Has anybody else had or almost had any hair coloring disasters? Do tell-do tell!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!

Edited by - herblady55 on May 09 2017 3:25:56 PM
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - May 09 2017 :  11:09:22 PM  Show Profile
Judy...Oh, Girlfriend...You Had Me At Purple!!! I almost jumped up and did a Happy Dance on The Table, I was so excited!!! LOL You would have had to post a picture
for me to really believe you would go that Wild! Now if I can just get you to put Eyelashes on Your VW Bug...I will believe!!! Your description of how your hair turned
out does sound very pretty! You are a mixer and a matcher that's for sure! That in itself is a little bit BOLD for some people...so I give you a high five for some
Creativity in your willingness to experiment! ~ The Only Time I ever had a hair coloring disaster is once when it came out Wine Colored. Let's face it girls there is
no real color of Red called Wine! If yours every comes out that color...it is a mistake...and recolor immediately. LOL My husband actually didn't think it looked
bad but I was NOT a FAN! Another time a friend gave me a perm and she burnt my hair...I had to cut it all off and go very short...but it was one of those times that
what appeared to be a disaster turned out to be Beautiful with a bit of whacking off the crispies! I have very Naturally Curly Hair that I blow strait every day...so
why I thought I wanted a perm in the first place I do not know. And my hair holds a perm for a year...so, after experimenting with perms in my 20's I gave up that
whole idea. Nobody in their right mind wants a perm that lasts that long. Those are my only two hair disasters over the years.

I had a good day today too. Another Beautiful One in the High 70's! I finished up my 21 Day Spiritual Challenge this morning and then walked the dog. I hope he doesn't
have heart disease because he sure gets heated up and warn out on just a mile of walking. The Vet says his heart sounds strong...so maybe it is just a weight issue. He is 6 lbs over weight. Not sure.

My son finally picked out a cute little Beach Cottage for us to stay in next week. I can hardly wait. Wed - Sunday. Oregon Coast here we come!!!

Natalie...you are in the Prime of your Life. I loved my 40's...I felt so healthy, I loved My Job, My Church and my kids were becoming more independent and not
so needy of Mom. Don't get me wrong I love being a Mother...but when I was 43 I went back into the workforce after years of being a Stay at Home Mom. I was
ready for something new and challenging and Being a Retail Manager gave me all that. Life was just so fulfilling then. So enjoy all your 40's...it goes too quickly.
How many kids do you have? And what are their ages? Oh, and by the way...I am ALL about Living Life to The Fullest and not caring what people think of my zany ideas.
I love to have fun and not be tooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Serious!!! You wouldn't be related to a Cruz Garcia would you?

Teacher Tammy...saw your FB Zoo Pictures. I bet your Flutterbies had a Fun Field Trip!!! Nice to get them out of doors and enjoying God's Creations.

Time to go take Snickers out so he can go to bed. I plan to go to bed and read for awhile myself.

Sweet Dreams My Lovelies,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

NAGarcia
True Blue Farmgirl

102 Posts

Natalie
Gresham OR
USA
102 Posts

Posted - May 10 2017 :  05:42:51 AM  Show Profile
Morning, morning! Lovely here in northern UT today, about 55 and breezy. Let's see - no Cruz Garcias that I know of. I married into this name and I've met most of my husband's family, sooooo.....lol.

What books do I like is tough. What books DON'T I like is easier. :-) I'm a bit of a bibliophile and last time we moved there were around 40 boxes of books involved. I love love love Jane Austen, Louisa May Alcott, LM Montgomery, lots of the "oldies but goodies". Other than that, I tend towards fantasy, historical fiction, and non-fiction of various types.

I've got three girls, the baby just turned 17, the other two have birthdays coming up, which will make them 22 and 20. I am definitely enjoying it, though, and when I said "not too young" I just meant I'm not a kid.

The only hair disaster I've had was lice related. Little jerks. My daughter brought them home from school and they hit us hard. I had long hair at the time, used the special lice shampoo....and pulled the towel off my hair to a matted mess. As my hair was my one vanity, I was destroyed. I stood in the bathroom with scissors in hand, poised over a chunk of hair, and cried for 5 solid minutes. Then I chopped. That was ...8 years ago?...and my hair has been every length - boy short, shoulder length, back to long, and just this past summer I cut a mohawk and dyed it bright purple. Currently it's about 2 inches long all over and bleached blonde. I want to do some new color on it, but as I'm kind of looking for work, I'm holding off. Some places are picky.

Natalie

Go to Top of Page

Sobyn
True Blue Farmgirl

752 Posts

Sabrina
Kansas
USA
752 Posts

Posted - May 10 2017 :  2:02:01 PM  Show Profile
Hello ladies,

Well, illness hit our house this week. I don't know what it is...Dan woke up monday with goopy eyes so I thought pink eye. Then Dave woke up yesterday with the same thing but only in one eye, but by afteroon he was running a fever and coughing and saying his throat hurt so now I'm thinking some sort of cold/flu/sinus infection type of thing that just happened to drain through their eyes? IDK I can tell my body is resisting whatever it is. The baby has been extra grumpy too but he is also entering the four-month leap/growth spurt/teething phase that is like the hardest phase babies go through I swear!

Nora-I have irises too. Just a few have bloomed yet. I'll post a pic. My neighbor has a whole bunch of different colors. She had tulips too and we didn't have any tulips come up. We did have daffodils. there are other things growing that I think are bulbs but never bloomed. It is kind of crazy trying to figure out what we have growing here. At one point someone did a lot of gardening but I think it has been ignored for a long time.

Shannon-I agree with all your "preachy" thoughts on health :).

Tammy-there are deck boxes? I'm going to have to look for those. I was wanting to utilize the deck rails to grow things somehow. I can't grow them on the ground inside the fence because of the dogs and around my deck would be more convenient than out in the field! Especially for herbs.

Natalie- welcome to the porch. You may feel like you have a strange assortment of interests but I actually have several friends that fit most, if not all, of your description as well!! I tried cross stitch once but it took me like 10 years to finish one thing, I don't have that kind of patience. Now I crochet and sew and whatever else happens to strike my fancy. That is when I have time-which isn't often.

Well we have had illness, and fussy baby, and it is a full moon and the inlaws are coming sunday so to say I'm a bit stressed might be an understatement :/.

Oh the girls had a twirling competition Saturday and Sofia got first place out of eight in marching. They did really well in everything they entered. They are learning and improving very quickly, I'm quite proud of them!

I guess that is all, just wanted to check in!

Sabrina

Farmgirl Sister #3275
February 2016 Farmgirl of the Month
http://kidscrunchandchrist.com

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - May 10 2017 :  3:54:39 PM  Show Profile
Wow, Peg, you did go to bed early. BUT... what time did you quit reading??THAT's the hundred dollar question!
Sabrina, we have a washtub size patch of white irises in the front yard that are blooming right now. In early spring we had miniature purple irises blooming in front but they are gone now. They come out right after the snowdrops are done, probably around the time the daffodils are out. Sorry to hear about all the kiddos being sick. That's so hard on you. I hope it leaves as quickly as it came.
Our weather is perfect today. 68 and sunny with a lite breeze.
Enjoy the Spring girlie's!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - May 10 2017 :  4:50:43 PM  Show Profile
We had a beautiful day today. I got a few more pots planted. Rain coming again tomorrow for the week=end. Sabrina, pretty iris, I had one tulip and only a couple daffodils. Cold weather came at the wrong time for us.
My February chicks became part of the group today I've seen them not running form the old biddies a couple of times today. They are eating and drinking together. My new babies are getting their wing feathers.
I went to the Green Valley Bookfair today. I got 5 crafting books and two reading books and got out under $30. I'm still not sure she got everything. As I arrived, a school bus was unloading. They have rearranged it this year. The children's stuff is in a different part of the building from the adult stuff.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - May 10 2017 :  5:36:09 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Luanne, I received the tea package.What a treat! I love the teas and tucks. Won't spoil it for everyone. It's a winner!

Judy, your hair sounds really good. Wish I could see it! I've had a few mishaps with my hair. When I was in high school l dyed my hair blonder than it was and to my surprise it turned out black! Only thing I can think is that someone put the wrong color in the box! Yikes and I had a banquet the next night! I survived! LOL!
Another time it turned neon orange! That was a nightmare! The worst was when I wasn't doing it myself and had a professional do it. I was getting my shoulder length hair frosted. I was sitting under the dryer after my hair was pulled through the cap and bleach applied. The phone rang and it was my daughter so I went to answer it. All of a sudden my head felt hot and started smoking! Needless to say, I was put under the water and the cap came off along with my hair! So now I have long and very short hair! That was my first spiked hair cut. I ended up wearing my hair that way for years.
Poor MIL. Praying she gets relief!
I'm almost finished reading Hooked on Murder by Betty Hechtman. It's a fast read and enjoyable.

Have to go and watch Surviver.
Love to all!

Be Blessed and Be a Blessing,
Darlene
Sister 1922
October 2016 Farmgirl of the month

John 11: 35 Jesus wept.

When Satan's knocking at your door, just say "Jesus will you get that for me?"

When it gets to hard to stand, Kneel!

Go to Top of Page

Sobyn
True Blue Farmgirl

752 Posts

Sabrina
Kansas
USA
752 Posts

Posted - May 10 2017 :  6:20:06 PM  Show Profile
A couple more irises bloomed today, I LOVE the purple!!

Sabrina

Farmgirl Sister #3275

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - May 10 2017 :  7:12:55 PM  Show Profile
OMGOSH Darlene, I can't imagine my hair smoking. Wow! That's scary! ...and blonde to Black! YIKES! lol
Funny we are reading the same author. Until this book I didn't even know her. So far I like her writing.
Luanne, I got your tea pig. today too. Thank you! You put some thought into that one. I would have never thought of something like that for a tuck-in.
Sabrina, I like the 2 tone purple iris too! Very nice! Aren't those called bearded dragon irises? I think we had some one year. Hmmm... wonder whatever happened to them. That's how it is with us and flowers. We'll have something growing for a few years and then...* poof*... they're gone. It's weird! hahaha

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - May 10 2017 :  7:13:56 PM  Show Profile
Hello ladies
I thought I would drop in for a few. It is busy. We only have 4 days left with kiddos and school is out for the butterflies. I will of course be there a week longer doing end of year teacher things. But let me tell you this madame teacher is ready for the butterflies to fly. May I just say some parents should walk in my shoes for a day and then maybe they would be less likely to make a mountain out of a molehill. I could go on but just needed a small vent.

Peggy we did have a great day at the zoo. Today it rained and so I was glad we went yesterday. Love your pretty pictures on FB. Always make me smile. I am counting down the days until I go to the beach. I am in need of some serious R and R.

Natalie welcome to the porch.

Judy...hope you are sleeping better.

to all you other lovely ladies, you are always in my thoughts.
Ok it is time for this teacher to hit the hay.
love and blessings
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Purple Skies
http://mypurpleskies.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

Ladybek9756
True Blue Farmgirl

882 Posts

Rebecca
Linneus Maine
USA
882 Posts

Posted - May 11 2017 :  09:31:53 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Ladybek9756's MSN Messenger address  Send Ladybek9756 a Yahoo! Message
Hello everyone,
I tried to post yesterday but it all disappeared. So I am trying again today.

Sabrina I hope the illnesses leaves your house soon and all becomes well with your family. How are you adjusting to life back in the United States?

Shannon, I hope you find out what to do with your health. I have had my struggles this year as well. I don't think you are being prechy about healthy eating. My family has really gone a complete 180 since January and I know that I feel better because of it. We are still learning about things. I agree with you that the way we take care of our bodies in our youth can play a role today. But the body replaces new cells all the time so things can be undone that was done so many years ago. The classes that I have been taking for my n.d. certification has taught me that. Hang in there. I love the pictures of the flowers. We have buds only. Still waiting for the flowers to bloom. Have had a lot of rain these past few weeks.

Welcome Natalie. I use to live in St. George area of Utah back in the early 90's. Beautiful area.

Luanna I received your tea package yesterday. Love everything. Can't wait to try the tea. Rainy day today and a perfect time to curl up in my chair with a cup of tea and a good book.

Teacher Tammy, I guess it is that way for every teacher around this time of year. Most of my new friends up here are saying the same thing. Funny thing is that possibly next fall I will be joining the ranks of teacher. I am planning on becoming a substitute for the moment and hopefully something more permanent when I am near to finishing my masters degree in education.

Yesterday I went to the doctor and she everything looked good and I am healing well. I also saw the physical therapist because I have web cording on my right side and once she gets approval from my insurance I will be going to her for treatments. She gave me some at home exercises to do and boy do they hurt. Hopefully I will start to get more mobility back into my arms before too long. We have been doing a little gardening, only what we can in between rain showers. Plants have arrived and we still have a few left over from the first shipment. I still have cranberries to pick up and that is the final shipment that I can remember. The next couple of days it should be sunny so hopefully we can complete the rest of the plants and start on the garden and get it ready for planting seeds. It is a 30' by 190' area. I don't think we will need to plant the whole area but until we get involved with it, I don't know.

Well I have to go and get lunch on the table. Take care and have a beautiful rest of the week and weekend.

Hugs
Becky

May the stars carry your sadness away. May the flowers fill your heart with beauty, and may hope forever wipe away your tears.
Farm Girl of the Month December 2016
Go to Top of Page

Sobyn
True Blue Farmgirl

752 Posts

Sabrina
Kansas
USA
752 Posts

Posted - May 11 2017 :  09:51:23 AM  Show Profile
I have no idea what they are called Judy! LOL I don't know a thing about irises we are just lucky to have them growing here!

Rebecca-adjusting back to the US was no problem at all. We are thrilled to be back in the land of drive throughs and pay-at-the-pump!! LOLWhat school are you going to for your ND certification? I want to become a wellness/health coach some day so looking at all sorts of options for education-to take slowly lol.

Sabrina

Farmgirl Sister #3275

Go to Top of Page

NAGarcia
True Blue Farmgirl

102 Posts

Natalie
Gresham OR
USA
102 Posts

Posted - May 11 2017 :  10:09:28 AM  Show Profile
Irises are so pretty! My faves are daffodils, though.

My youngest is sure looking forward to being out for the summer - she's finishing her junior year, so she only has one left of HS after this.

Go to Top of Page

Ladybek9756
True Blue Farmgirl

882 Posts

Rebecca
Linneus Maine
USA
882 Posts

Posted - May 11 2017 :  10:19:39 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Ladybek9756's MSN Messenger address  Send Ladybek9756 a Yahoo! Message
I go to Trinity School of Natural Health, which is an online school. The website is: www.trinityschool.org. They have 6 programs which I have registered for. I have so far completed 3 of them. They are CNS - Certified Health Specialist; CNC - Certified Nutritional Consultant; MH - Master Herbalist; MI - Master Iridologist; CNHP - Certified Natural Health Professional [Video]; and ND - Doctor of Naturopathy. I have completed the first three and am working on my ND and CNHP at the same time as the CNHP goes along with the ND program. It is a tough program and you usually have 5 years to complete the program. I think because I signed up for all the programs at the same time I need to complete them all with the exception of the video one. I only had a year to complete it. I should have my ND by September, at least that is my goal. Check it out it may be what you are looking for. Good luck.

Hugs
Becky

May the stars carry your sadness away. May the flowers fill your heart with beauty, and may hope forever wipe away your tears.
Go to Top of Page

prichmond9
True Blue Farmgirl

54 Posts

Peggy
Pelham Tennessee
USA
54 Posts

Posted - May 11 2017 :  10:22:58 AM  Show Profile
This morning is the first time I have seen it for myself, live, in nature--baby possums riding on their mother's back. Looking out the kitchen window toward the pasture, I saw two possums walking along the fence. They then came around in front of Grover's smokehouse, and it was then that I realized the larger, apparently mama possum had four little ones riding on her back. The second adult, smaller, presumably the male, skulked along behind them. The babies look just like their mama, ugly... LOL

Farm girl #5880
Consider the possibilities
Wherever I am, that's where I will be.
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - May 11 2017 :  12:13:15 PM  Show Profile
Oh, My HAPPINESS...it is so Good to See All Our Porch Buds on the last few days! Woot Woot!!!

Peggy from Tenn. ...I looked at your picture and said out loud, "Oh, the are soooooooooo ugly" but like you, even though we have lots of Possums
around here I have never even seen the Momma carrying her babies before. Except in books that is. So good for you getting that Photo...but it still
doesn't make them look any better. LOL Everytime I look at them and think people use to eat them...I want to throw-up from disgust. I would have to
been on the verge of starving to death to even go there in my mind. I loved how you described the Male "Skulking" alone. LOL

Becky...good for you going for you ND. Isn't it interesting how what seems so bad (your cancer...and indeed it is) God uses for our benefit (your Nutritionist Schooling) and his Glory. I marvel at that!! He is so Awesome and good for you girl!!! Proud of YOU!!

Natalie...my favorite flowers are ALL of Them!!! LOL No seriously I love all flowers but my Favorite are Purple or Mixed Pansies and I love Violets too. God just made
me a person that has a passion for Flowers and I Photograph mostly Flowers and Nature but I love to photograph children too.

Sabrina...Pretty Iris Pictures! It must be like a little Treasure Hunt to discover what all is planted on your Property. How FUN!
Judy called the Purple one a Bearded Dragon Iris but from the looks of your photo that one doesn't look like it has the fuzzy beard...so I would say it is just a
regular Purple Iris...but oh, so Stunning.

Teacher Tammy...So Happy for you that you will be out on Vacation in a few weeks now. I know the butterflies get to fly away sooner than you but that in itself
will make it feel like you are already on vacation. And then you are headed for The Beach!!! Happy Happy Happy for you girlfriend!!! Nothing says relaxing and refreshing
like The Surf and Sand does...or in your case Surf and Rocks. The Beach is The Beach!!! Just that salty air and the sound of the waves crashing is enough to
send me to Heaven right there. That is one thing I love about my Himalayan Salt Lamp...it smells salty like The Beach! Love It!!! Can't wait to see pictures. As
I am headed to the Beach next Wed. - Sunday. And I can hardly wait. My son rented a cute little Beach Cottage just outside of Lincoln City Oregon. Unfortunately even
though it has a Beach View the access to the Beach is a Brutal one: Zig-Zag Stairs straight down a Cliff. I might get my 10,000 steps in taking those stairs once a
day. Going down won't be as bad as coming back up. I just have to keep telling myself that it will be great exercise... so NO WHINING!! At besides it's THE BEACH! Right?

Judy...What is a Tea Pig? And how did Luanne get it in a package? LOL Don't you love me when I tease you about your typing errors. You could do the same to me
because my brain goes way ahead of my fingers sometimes and I get all kinds of funny mistakes. But I usually try to proofread after I have posted and I go
back and edit those mistakes...if I have time. LOL ~ I'm glad you asked the question about Hair Disasters. So, far Darlene tops them all. First off I can't even imagine
somebody getting their hair frosted if it was long! Just pulling it through the cap would be enough torture...that is why Foil Tinting is so much better! But
then to have your hair start smoking...oh, baby I can't even envision that pain. At least she liked the end results!

Luanne...haven't gotten my Tea Pkg. yet but at least I have something to look forward to. My Mailbox has been either empty lately or junk mail! And not even very good junk mail at that. I will let you know when it arrives. Though I don't think the Mail Person will be able to fit the pig in my mailbox...they will have to leave it at the Office. I hope he isn't a stubborn one and will follow me home OK. ROFLOL (if you don't know what in the heck I'm talking about...read Judy's comment up the page a bit.

Nora...I use to LOVE going to Book Fairs or Library Sales...before I switched over to My Kindle E-Reader. I was able to get rid of about 50 boxes of books and 2 of my 3 large Book Shelves. When you are down sizing to Apartment Life you just can't keep storing all the books you LOVE. To me, an avid reader...the E-Readers are the Greatest Invention EVER! I have thousand of books stored on mine and I have read them all. I still have one Large Book Shelf in my room with my Bibles, Journals, and Bible Study Books on. Those Books I could do on my E-Reader but as a Teacher I need to be able to underline and write side notes etc.

OK...Hope I didn't miss anyone but my dog needs to go on his walk.

Have a Great Day! It is raining here but My Fibro Flared Yesterday when it was 75 and sunny out...letting me know the rain was coming!! I forced myself to get my 10,000 steps in last night but it was a killer walk. I was more dragging than walking I swear!

Love, Hugs, and Continued Prayers,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - May 11 2017 :  12:35:48 PM  Show Profile
Hi ladies -

I'm glad some of the tea packages are arriving. Hope you enjoy them.

Judy - I'm glad the pig didn't escape the package and got there safely! (Thanks Peggy for telling me what this was all about - I must not have read Judy's post carefully!)

Peggy - I have a lot of books on my Kindle also. Do you know if there is a way to organize them or store them somehow so I don't have to delete them, but could maybe put the ones I want to save after reading in a different location? It is a pain having to scroll thru pages and pages of book titles to find one I haven't read or a particular one I'm looking for.

Not much else new here in Northeast PA - will be heading back to VT next week to take Mom home for a while. Not sure how long I will be up there, but will be MIA from the porch until I return.

Hugs,
Luanne

beekeepersgirl #691

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.

My blog: finallyafarmgirl.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - May 11 2017 :  2:14:17 PM  Show Profile
Becky, what is web cording? Never heard of that. It sounds strange to me to hear someone say that they don't have flowers yet. So glad to hear that you are doing/feeling better. Still Praying for you! That sounds like quite a school! Good for you!
Sabrina, can you change your address on here... it still says Germany. Every time I want to know where you are now, I have to get up and get my trusty Tea-Swap list and check. TY! *giggle* I know...'picky-picky'...
PrichmondPeggy, Where you see ugly, I say 'awwww'...* giggle*... but then I still have(plug your ears Peggy Ann)a pet rat and have had one every year since 1972. I took care of the animals in the science lab in HS. The rat caught my eye as a clean, smart, funny little fuzz-ball, and I just enjoy them as a fun pocket-pet!
Growing up in the country we took care of every little animal that we took away from the farm cats. We turned them loose after they healed. We sure learned a lot from them.

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - May 11 2017 :  6:50:51 PM  Show Profile
Luanne, got my tea package today. It sure brightened my rainy, dreary day. Thanks a million.
Becky, good to hear things are going well with you. Keeping you in my prayers as you heal.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Go to Top of Page

Ladybek9756
True Blue Farmgirl

882 Posts

Rebecca
Linneus Maine
USA
882 Posts

Posted - May 11 2017 :  7:40:54 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Ladybek9756's MSN Messenger address  Send Ladybek9756 a Yahoo! Message
Judy did you get the book? Web cording is like strings of muscle cording at the site of incision. They are not sure what causes it, but it limits the movement of the arms. I have it on both sides but the right side is greater. My therapist Amy said that stretching exercises and massage can help to release the cords to improve the mobility. I know that the exercise she gave me to do at home is murder. After I finish I hurt for about an hour. I am supposed to do them about 4 times a day. So far I can manage only about 3 times. She also warned me about lymphodemia. I had 21 lymph nodes removed on my right side and that makes me a greater risk for it. Hope that answers your question.
Hugs
Becky

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page