Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - May 11 2017 :  7:59:36 PM  Show Profile
Yes Becky, I did get the book back. I thought I sent you an e-mail telling you. I'm so sorry if you didn't get it or if I had a senior moment and just thought I told you. At any rate, I can't believe you even read it. It looked the same as when I sent it to you. *giggle* I was happy to loan it to you. Thanks also for explaining web cording.

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
FGOTM:Jan.2012
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"
"The serious go through life blowing far too few raspberries!"
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - May 11 2017 :  10:40:39 PM  Show Profile
Yahoo...I got my Tea Package Today!!! And now I know what everyone meant by their comments! I absolutely Love Your Tucks!!! Right up my Artistic Alley! And
the Teas Look Great too! YOU DID AWESOMELY Luanne!! You just opened the doors to get more creative on our Tea Tucks!!! ~ I'm not sure which Kindle you have but
my Kindle is the Fire HDr and it automatically stores my read books in The Cloud. I can go anytime and retrieve them if I want but I don't have to keep a ton of
them on my Carousel. It sounds like you might have an older Kindle...before the Fire came out? Let me know and I can help you better.
On the Older Kindle you can organize your books by recently purchased, Author, or Title...it is in the settings to change whichever way
you wish to list them.

Judy...you are right...about those rodents you love...Whisper it softly! I don't want to hear them squeak!!! Don't you have a cat or two? Do they get along with your
Rat????

OK...I'm tired. Listened to a Coloring Podcast to Night that was 3 1/2 hours long...demonstrating one picture. I nearly died of boredom. If it took me that long to color anything I would shoot myself! Coloring is suppose to be fun and relaxing not long and boring. LOL
But they were doing some great give-aways so ...I hung in there. But didn't win anything!

Have a Great Mother's Day Weekend My Porchies! Even if you don't have the human kind of kids YOU are still A MOTHER if you have Fur-babies. Yes, Even Rats! LOL

Tired and off to bed to read!!!

Love and Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Dec 2011-Farmgirl of the Month
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

Love The People God gave you...
Because He will need them back one day!
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - May 12 2017 :  10:41:50 AM  Show Profile
Peg, all of my unusual animals have always gotten along. Strange but true! *giggle*
We are having a cloudy, chilly, breezy kind of day today.65
Bev's surgery is 3PM today. My shingles flared up on right side of my face yesterday so I feel like I've been slapped. So I'm Praying for her from home today. Please Pray as God leads you! Thank you!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - May 12 2017 :  3:55:12 PM  Show Profile
Judy, hope your flare up is short. Hope all went well with Bev.
Hope everyone has a great Mother's Day week-end.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Farmgirl of the Month, January 2017
http://firecatinc.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - May 13 2017 :  11:52:31 AM  Show Profile
Happy Saturday,
LuAnn I got your tea package this week. It came on a day I really needed it. I have a relentless parent who has bashed me on facebook, bashed me to my parents, and I had to go to school board to share my story of this particular student who has made my classroom one that everyone walks on eggshells. The parents can't believe their child could ever be in the wrong. It has been an emotional week. So thank you for your gift on a much needed day.

I am ready to be done with school. My little heart needs some time to heal after this week. Although God did remind me yesterday that I do make a difference and that I do have a purpose regardless of those few who say otherwise. This student left me a note and some poems she wrote for me and I was in tears that she would even feel that way about me. It was just what I needed to be reminded of why I do what I do. I only have a day and half and then the butterflies are out and I can finish up and head to the beach the first week of June. I am looking forward to that. There is just something about the salt air and the waves that just draw me in and wash my heart and soul clean so to speak.

It is a beautiful day here in Nebraska. The sun is shining and the birds are singing. Love that.
Well I have some laundry calling my name. So off I go.
Yall have a wonderful day and Happy Mother's Day also.

Love and blessings,
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Purple Skies
http://mypurpleskies.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

prichmond9
True Blue Farmgirl

54 Posts

Peggy
Pelham Tennessee
USA
54 Posts

Posted - May 13 2017 :  2:07:22 PM  Show Profile
Iced tea on the front porch looking at the mountain on a lazy sunny Saturday afternoon. Happy Mother's Day to you all. God Bless you today and always.

Farm girl #5880
Consider the possibilities
Wherever I am, that's where I will be.
Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - May 13 2017 :  4:23:07 PM  Show Profile
Peggy, beautiful site to sit and drink tea with.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Go to Top of Page

Sobyn
True Blue Farmgirl

752 Posts

Sabrina
Kansas
USA
752 Posts

Posted - May 14 2017 :  07:04:53 AM  Show Profile
Natalie, here is a pic of my Daffodils, there were a lot of leaves but not many flowers and they were sort of droopy, I think they need to be thinned so I'll do that once they all die back.

Judy, I'll change that :)

Becky, yes I've looked into that one! I have been debating because I'm afraid to sign up for something and spend allllll that money and it not turn out to be good/reputable so I'm thrilled to hear from someone else who is actually doing it! I can't call myself an ND here in Kansas with that training though. I'll have to be a "wellness consultant" or something along those lines. I think I'm going to use Franklin institute for a herbalist and aromatherapist certification though. I think taking classes from various places has a benefit. Also, I'm enrolled in the Still Birthday doula training now and will take Childbirth Educator Training from Birth Arts later this year.

Peggy-it IS like a treasure hunt!! So fun! We think there is a blackberry bush but we have to wait and see what fruit grow if any. The neighbor said there used to be wild plumb but he thinks the guy before us cut them down (apparently the guy before wasn't into growing things). The grape vines that I thought were dead are growing too-so exciting!!!

Luanne-I got my tea package!! Already drank one and love the tucks!!

Sabrina

Farmgirl Sister #3275
February 2016 Farmgirl of the Month
http://kidscrunchandchrist.com

Go to Top of Page

Sobyn
True Blue Farmgirl

752 Posts

Sabrina
Kansas
USA
752 Posts

Posted - May 14 2017 :  07:09:14 AM  Show Profile
Had to post then go to next page to catch up more:

Becky-I forgot to say, I attended a midwife mini conference a week or so ago and am now fascinated by fascia and want to learn all about it!! (It was the topic of one of the talks!).

Teacher Tammy, I'm sorry you have had such a rough time at school. My mom has been through some of that recently, it is crazy! Glad you will get a break to recharge.

Beautiful pic Tenn Peggy!! Are you new to the porch or did you arrive while I was MIA? Nice to meet you either way!!

Happy Mother's day everyone!!
I have a fussy teething baby and the inlaws arrive this evening so I'm off and may not check in this week but I hope you all have a wonderful week!!

Sabrina

Farmgirl Sister #3275

Go to Top of Page

prichmond9
True Blue Farmgirl

54 Posts

Peggy
Pelham Tennessee
USA
54 Posts

Posted - May 14 2017 :  08:56:18 AM  Show Profile
Sobyn, I'm not new but I scroll a lot and post every now and again. So busy that sitting on the porch is a luxury. Come when I can, always enjoy reading posts here on the virtual porch. Happy Mother's Day to every one, missing my Mama today. She loved sitting on the porch afternoons with a cup of tea or coffee, miss our chats and companionship. She was a great story teller and had a wonderful sense of humor. I have her taped and on video and when I am missing her the most I listen to her voice and I talk to her like we are having this conversation, I pretty much know what she is going to say. LOL. Celebrating her life, Lois Patterson Bennett, my mother.

Farm girl #5880
Consider the possibilities
Wherever I am, that's where I will be.
Go to Top of Page

Kirksmom71
True Blue Farmgirl

873 Posts

Mel
Dallas Texas
USA
873 Posts

Posted - May 14 2017 :  11:41:46 AM  Show Profile
Happy Mother's Day to all my lovely Porchies!

My best to all,
Mel
Farmgirl #1463
https://www.etsy.com/shop/KirksmomsKottage
http://www.pinterest.com/kirksmom71/
Sassy City Girl with Farmgirl Fantasies!
Goddesses of the Iris
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - May 14 2017 :  4:42:29 PM  Show Profile
Happy Mother's Day Porch-Buds!
Man, what a turnaround Bev is doing. She's on soft foods now and laughing and acting silly.
We had a beautiful 68 degree day, partly sunny but breezy. That breeze was cold. Pasty Indy I took s walk and looked at everybody's pretty flowers.
Our concert was wonderful last night. That man can really play AND he sang a little too. Can't say that I knew he sang. He had the full Canton Symphony Orchestra behind him with Gerhardt Zimmerman directing. It was great. On our way home it started raining pretty hard. We stopped at Mickey D's and when we got inside it poured. We ate and chatted about the concert then went home. A very enjoyable night with my sissy!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - May 16 2017 :  06:15:48 AM  Show Profile
Happy belated Mother's day everybody! Today is rainy and cloudy. We've been having unseasonably high temps in the 80's for the past week and we're supposed to start cooling back down for the rest of the week. I'm looking forward to 40' temps at night again, much easier to sleep.

It's been busy as usual here. I had one of my clients last week from Monday through Friday and then another client starting Thursday and I'll finish up today with them. I have 2 clients already scheduled for Saturday. Yes, my business does pick up during the summer and around holidays.

Unfortunately they gave the CSM position to another person. It's the one nobody wanted too, she's just too immature. So back to job searching. I have to be careful because I have no doubt if they find out I'm looking that they'll fire me. There was other legal secretary jobs open but I'm afraid to apply because I can't afford to lose my job unless I know I have a job to replace it. Please keep me in prayer.

Just beautiful pictures of flowers! I can't decide how much I want to plant here especially since it's a rental. Discovered that they painted almost all my windows shut so I haven't been able to open them. We did get one of my windows in the bedroom opened but nearly couldn't get it back down again. Saturday night while the window was open I woke up about 12:30 am to my neighbor having a loud drunken brawl outside his house across the street. Thought it had broken up but then it started about 10 minutes later again. Yelling, punches, etc. went on for nearly an hour. I was ready to call the police. I hope this isn't a sample of what this summer will be like.

Luanne - I got my tea packet! Awesome tucks and teas. I can't wait to try them.

Well time to get moving for work. I had to drop Jasper off at the babysitters early yesterday and today because of having the client I needed to let out. I'll be glad to sleep in tomorrow - but Jasper will probably be awake LOL Have a great day everybody!

Tammy
Farmgirl Sister # 2363
Farmgirl of the Month November 2016
http://ndprairiegypsy.blogspot.com/
Prairie Critter Pet Sitter
"Pampered care for your pet"
Jamestown, ND
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - May 16 2017 :  7:13:13 PM  Show Profile
Hello My Porchies...Oh, I hope you ALL had Lovely Mother's Day Weekend. My Oldest Son sent flowers,A Journal with Black pages, and
60 new Gel Pens...that are suppose to look really cool on the black paper. That was from him and the girls because him and his sweet wife are divorcing. My heart is broken over that! They have been married for 14 years. She is the one who wants the divorce and plans to move
out in September. I figure that gives God 4 1/2 months to heal their relationship...so I continue to pray for them. Anyway, Chris sent the gifts on Friday. Then Saturday Shane took his wife, his mother in law, and his mom out to dinner. We went out for Seafood! Plus we all had gifts for one another (the mom's I mean) and lots of beautiful cards. Then Sunday My Middle Son and Husband each gave lovely gifts. My son had a blind friend of his make me a Jewelry Dish. You know the kind you put your jewelry in overnight or when you shower etc. The Wood his friend uses is vintage piano wood. It is just beautiful and made especially for me. He signed the piece for me. Then my hubby gave me a Beautiful Heart Necklace. Every piece of jewelry my husband has given me in our 32 years is always a Heart Something.
Which is very special to me. So, I got really spoiled as always! And tomorrow my youngest son and family and me are going to the Beach...that would have been gift enough. I only have to pay for what I buy...they pay for the Cottage for 5 days. I feel so blessed to be invited along each year. And right now...I really need a little break from my home life! Please pray for me as I am stress eating from everything going on with my husband's health.

Prairie Tammy, sorry to hear that you didn't get the job you were trying for. But that just means God has something better out there for you. Just keep trusting Him. I would love your hot weather. Finally this coming Tuesday we may hit the high 80's or low 90's. That sounds so good to me. As long as my Air-Conditioner is working... and I can come in out of the Heat when I have had enough. I
am GOOD with the hotter weather. I bet you get pretty busy in the summer months with your pet care. We are having to take Shane & Sadie's dog Brindle with us to the Beach. It is a good thing some properties allow pets. Saves from having to take them to the Vet or getting a Pet Sitter for 5 days. But people like you are a God Send for those who need a break from their pets or are going somewhere that won't allow pets.

Teacher Tammy...yahoo, SCHOOLS OUT FOR SUMMER!!! Start packing that suitcase for the Beach...it won't be long now! I am so sorry that
there are so many parents and children who act so "Entitled". We really see it here in the big Cities in WA and OR. My Oldest son who manages their 4 Illumination Learning Studios in Seattle really see it everyday there. The parents are harder to deal with than the children...but even the kids grow up with that same mentality. So very sad to me! So, I'm praying that your little Madame Butterfly Heart gets all refreshed and healed up this Summer. Let the wind and the waves wash away all those heartaches and hassles girlfriend.

Judy...I am so happy that our Prayers for Bev are showing great results! Happy Happy Happy to hear about that. Hopefully she will get all healed up and get back home. ~ Glad to hear that you and Patsy had a great time at your concert! Your temperature at 68 sounds rather cool to me...that is about what ours has been but with rain, hail, thunder, lightning and downpours.

Mel...nice to see you on the Porch! And I hope you had a Lovely Weekend also!!

Tenn Peggy...Oh, what a lovely view you have. And your Mama looks like she was the Sweetest Lady...but she also looks like she was a lot
of FUN! Nobody could look that happy in a picture unless they truly were.

Sabrina...I love Daffodils too. They are so bright and Cheery and just scream "SPRING". I also feel the same way about Tulips! I love
the variety of colors but Red and Purple are my favorite.

Well, girls I will take some Beach Pictures and post probably when I get home. Please pray for traveling Mercies for us!

Love, Hugs and Joy,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - May 16 2017 :  7:54:37 PM  Show Profile
Peggy, have a relaxing trip.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - May 17 2017 :  5:36:55 PM  Show Profile
So hot today. After I got the garden hoed, I could hardly do anything else. I got my shilly-shally out and drenched it with water and that helped enough to get the eggplant in. I had to wait until after 7 pm to get the tomatoes and marigolds in the ground. I sure hope the heat isn't going to bother me all summer. The man with the hay field across the road bailed his hay today and the guy renting the fields next to us and across the road was planting corn. I guess summer is here.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - May 19 2017 :  5:56:47 PM  Show Profile
Hi gals! We are having cooler temps today with rain this evening. We took Patsy back to Kim's yesterday so they could finish packing. My nephew that lives in KY came with his wife so he can drive the U-Haul back to KY for them. His wife will follow them in his truck. Patsy said this evening, that the truck is loaded and they are just sitting around listening to the echoes in the apartment. They will all sleep on the floor and leave early in the morning.
Dave's mum is in rehab learning how to stand from a sitting position and other useful stuff. She is scheduled to go home next Weds. She has no pain at all, is eating a soft diet and is wearing her dentures and hearing aides with no problems. Thank you gals for all your Prayers. Please continue to remember her as God Leads.
Praise the Lord!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - May 24 2017 :  5:54:21 PM  Show Profile
Hi ladies. Hope everyone is gearing up for a great Memorial Day week-end. Don't forget to honor our fallen heroes.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - May 24 2017 :  9:36:22 PM  Show Profile
Evening ladies! No lil man tonight so I thought I'd hop on really quick before I go to bed. The weather here has been gray and rainy :O( Temps thankfully dropped back into the upper 50's and low 60's with night temps in the 40's which has just made it cold, wet and miserable. I haven't been able to get out to walk Lacey until I got off work tonight. Looks like the weather is going to warm up over the next week though with sunshine so I'm looking forward to that.

A blessing tonight. They've been hiring a ton of cashiers and cutting our hours to give the newbies hours. Several of us have been getting more than a little upset over it. My friend and I are supposed to get 20 to 24 hours per week and they've cut us the next 2 weeks to 12 hours. Tonight one of the office personnel went through self checkout where I was working and asked if I'd been getting shorted hours. She had me come back to the office and got my schedule fixed! What a blessing!!!! I was trying not to worry about how I was going to pay bills with all the hours they'd cut so this lifted a HUGE weight off my shoulders! I'm hoping another blessing may occur. I applied for a position as a Sr Admin Assistant with UTC here in town. Matt went into the office before work tonight and told them I'm one of the few that can keep up with his work pace and they'd better hire me. We'll see if I get called in for an interview. If it's the Lord's will then he'll open the doors. Matt said if they hire me he'd get a $1200 referral bonus which he'd split with me. Several of the jobs there have hiring bonuses but I'm not sure if this one does or not.

Another blessing has been Jasper has slept all night through without waking the past 2 nights! Unfortunately I'm so conditioned to him waking me up that I'm waking up and worrying if he's okay LOL I sort of miss him climbing into bed with me although not the kicking lol.

Well it's later than I thought so off to bed I go. Take care everybody and be careful over the holiday weekend!

Tammy
Farmgirl Sister # 2363
Farmgirl of the Month November 2016
http://ndprairiegypsy.blogspot.com/
Prairie Critter Pet Sitter
"Pampered care for your pet"
Jamestown, ND
Go to Top of Page

Sobyn
True Blue Farmgirl

752 Posts

Sabrina
Kansas
USA
752 Posts

Posted - May 25 2017 :  2:24:34 PM  Show Profile
Hi ladies,

Hope you all had a wonderful mother's day. We all ended up sick the week before mother's day. And actually the week after I was sick....and still it seems to be coming and going. I think it is allergies/sinus crud-adjusting to new pollens and all I guess. But we have all had a touch of it at least, some of us more than a touch. Then my inlaws came for a few days they arrived on mother's day. I ended up being sickest while they were here. I feel like we are all still recovering from everything.

I'm still trying to figure out what to do about my health. I'm just so exhausted all the time. I'm not sure lowering my thyroid meds was the way to go. I keep falling asleep if I sit down. My kids behavior has been absolutely horrendous lately. I don't know if it is D being gone, all the transition...what?? Or all of it combined but I'm sick of it. I can't do this all on my own without a tad bit of cooperation, especially with my body refusing to cooperate. I'm at a loss for what to do. My two middles basically ignore me, they have decided I have no authority over them and no matter what punishment, consequences, rewards, or how much talking, explaining, reasoning I do they just won't cooperate. It is kind of a shock to realize how little control you actually have when they make up their mind to completely ignore you. My second has always been a particular challenge but it is getting really bad and I'm worried about safety at this point. We can't do anything, we never have time and I don't trust them to listen. My inlaws fed them things they are not supposed to have which made it worse. I had started feeling like I was making progress but that has set us all the way back to square one which is majorly discouraging. I'm just at a loss for what else to do and don't have the energy either. I was a cooperative kid so I just don't get it.

I've been trying to rest when I can and doing a lot of reading since that is all I have time for lately. I am almost done with the organizing of this homeschool conference coming up (the one I should never have volunteered for!) so that will be a relief. I'm working on my occ work but it is not overly demanding at this point. It WOULD be easier if I had energy after the kids go to bed to do a bit of work then but I don't so I'm trying to work with what I have and call it good. I re-start that doula class in July....hopefully I can find the time and energy but if not I've just decided not to worry about it. Between my health and the kids I'm half tempted to just stop doing anything other than home and family stuff.

Wow well I didn't mean for this to become complaining :( Sorry about that. It is a hard season right now I guess. It is also hard that I don't have any real friends locally. Making friends is always the hardest part of moving.

Hope everyone is doing well!

Sabrina

Farmgirl Sister #3275

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - May 26 2017 :  12:34:04 AM  Show Profile
I'm back My Dear Porchies...I had to take some time for myself once I got home. Had a Wonderful time at The Coast with my kids and
grandkids...even though I only saw the Beach twice. We stayed in an Adorable little two story cottage. So Sweet and cozy. We all got our own bedrooms and little Elijah took turns sleeping with us Grandma's. The first night was in the King size bed with me, then the next
Night he slept in Grandma Patti's room (she had 2 full size beds) ...we just kept letting him alternate. It was fun and he is so sweet. I do think Miss Savannah Grace has hit the terrible twos a bit early. She is a screamer if she doesn't get her way. And she is already giving Elijah a run for his money...she does everything he does and does it well. LOL They were so funny and fun!

Our Bible Study Group has turned into Crafting and Gab Night starting today. We only had 3 of us tonight. We colored and shared some difficulties we are each going through with our husbands health. After talking to God the next best person is a girlfriend or two that you can really trust.

Sabrina dear...you need to rest and let commitments go and just parent the best you can with hubby gone. I am so sorry your children are being difficult with Dad gone. They know how to push your buttons I can tell. My kids did too. Especially the older two...and they loved going for the shock factor every chance they could. Kids will pull out all stops to make you feel like a bad parent. Don't let them ever think they are wearing you down. Even if they are! Your kids look so angelic...it's hard to believe they have slipping halo's once in
awhile. LOL But from one Mom to another...they will get pay back time when they are adults and have kids.

Judy...wow, I bet Patsy will be so Happy to be finally done with this hole moving thing. It will just be nice when they all get to
the new house and get everyone settled in and can start to relax a little bit. ~ Glad to hear the your MIL is doing better...we will continue to keep her in our prayers. ~ Our weather is headed back to the 80's and 90"s. Trying to start my morning walk earlier each
morning with the hot weather. This has been my first full week of hitting my 10,000 step goal everyday...and my body is screaming "abuse" "abuse". I am so tired every day too....I can relate to you Sabrina. I go to bed tired, I get up tired and I'm tired all day.
And I take more vitamins than any old woman I know and a protein drink every day. Plus I get plenty of exercise. But I am stress eating and I know that isn't healthy for me. I am going to be broaching that subject with my Dr. next week.

Prairie Tammy...I'm so glad to hear that Jasper is sleeping through the night. That will be nice...once you stop waking up to listen
for him. lol My grand-daughter who is now 17 months old still wakes up a couple times during the night. My youngest son (their dad)
did the same thing until he was 2. ~ I pray you get that job where Matt works. Keep us posted.

Nora...do you have any Special plans for Memorial Day Weekend? Our Grandson turns 4 on Sat. so we will be celebrating Him all
that day with a Family and Friends Party at his favorite Trampoline Place. Where he broke his leg 4 months ago. But he has no
fear about going back there. ~ Other than Saturday we have made no Special Plans. But I'm sure my kids will be ready for a date
night either tomorrow night or Sunday Night...so I will watch my little kiddos if they need me too.

We have already had too many drownings since the weather turned hot. People are diving into the Frigid lakes and rivers to get
cooled off and they are either getting hypothermia from the 50 degree ice cold snow melt off or the lakes, streams and rivers
are high and running extremely fast...and they get pulled under and drown. We had 24 inches of snow fall in the Mt.'s just 2
weeks ago. They will be opening our pool at The Apartment Complex this weekend. The kids will love that.

I'm sure I missed someone but my brain is now mush and I have had a screaming headache this evening...and my eyes are starting to
blur...so I better put them to bed.

Have a Wonderful Friday and a Fabulous Memorial Weekend. Why don't you share what you will be doing this weekend...it would be fun
to hear people's plans.

Love, Joy and Grace,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - May 26 2017 :  07:15:20 AM  Show Profile
Hello dear Porchies! I doubt I will get caught up on everything here, but wanted to hop on while I have a moment. I've been in and out of the hospital the last couple weeks, and am terribly behind in... well... just about everything! I'm trying to get my feet back under me, but am struggling! I met with the nutritionist/herbalist on Tuesday. That was one of the absolute worst experiences i have ever had in my entire life!!!! She was useless.. and quite honestly, she seemed to be less competent in nutrition and herbalism than I am! She also informed me that I "killed" (her words not mine) each of the babies I have miscarried before they were able to reach their God-given potential. Ummm... NOT Biblical! God has already determined the number of our days!!! And to call me a "baby murderer" (again - her words) was just simply ugly and uncalled for! Throughout the appointment, there was quite a bit of things that were said that just do not align with Scripture!!! In fact, hubby and I both felt like there was some Spiritual warfare going on! I had a migraine up until yesterday afternoon, after seeing her... until I finally cried ad prayed the blood of Jesus over the things said! I feel much better now!

Peggy - so glad you had fun on your beach trip! And that you have such wonderful ladies you can talk to and trust! I'm terribly saddened to hear of all the deaths you guys have already encountered in your area! How sad!!!!

Sabrina - Oh girl! I am so sorry!!! Is there any chance you are anemic??? Do you use herbs??? I'm going to start taking a nettle infusion to build up my iron... I also need to continue taking my liver pills, which I hate, but are great for me! My suggestion to you is to pt a hold on school and everything else you can, and focus on the kids! There are a couple books I absolutely love... "Raising Godly Tomatoes" is one of them... the other is "To Train Up a Child." I think the first might be most beneficial for you, if you decide it would be right for your family. As for the food and grandparents. Oh do I get that!!!! Remember that part of their behavior issues right now is probably due to the chemical imbalances the foods are causing! That doesn't make it better, but that does (normally) mean that things will get better! I remember during one deployment things had gotten REALLY bad... and i was pregnant too! But anyways, I finally sat in the middle of our living room floor and cried! After my good cleansing cry, I pulled out Raising Godly Tomatoes, reread it, and implemented it... It took a lot of work and consistency from me, but it worked wonderfully!!! I'm thinking I need to do it again :)

PG Tammy - so glad the Lord is blessing you right now!!!!

Lenora - Hoping you too have a lovely weekend! This weekend is always hard for us... my hubby and I lost some good friends <3

Judy - glad to hear things are moving along for Patsy <3 Please give one another a hug from us <3 And what wonderful news about your MIL!!!

Peggy in TN - LOVE the picture of your backyard and your momma looks lime she was a joy to be around! I'm sorry she is gone, but am thankful you have such fond memories <3

TLTammy - praying your heart is mending! I'm so sorry parents are so ugly and mean!!! Enjoy your trip in June <3

~ Shannon, Sister # 5349
Farmgirl of the Month - January 2016
http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Sobyn
True Blue Farmgirl

752 Posts

Sabrina
Kansas
USA
752 Posts

Posted - May 26 2017 :  08:24:54 AM  Show Profile
Shannon- Oh my gosh that "herbalist" (have trouble even calling her that) sounds like not only a terrible herbalist but also just an awful person. WHO SAYS THOSE KINDS OF THINGS???? I was hoping that things would calm down before July-and they still might-for me to be able to work on that class but if they don't I'm really not going to worry about it. I've dropped everything else I can, some things can't just be dropped. I could be anemic but I'm probably not as I wasn't during my pregnancy. I'm taking iron pills. I tried nettle infusion and I couldn't drink it, made me want to throw up. I'm going to try doing it with some mint or something and see if I can stand it better. I have read both of those books but neither are the answer for me. I can't stake my kids as with the baby I can't force them to sit by me and I need them to go do things - like their chores - without me hovering over them. The other one is pretty much completely contrary to my way of parenting, I actually used it when Syd was little and it did some damage we are still repairing. Obviously, I did the damage but it was because I was following their suggestions. Anyway, I know some people have luck with it but it isn't for me and my kids won't respond to that sort of discipline. I'm currently reading Peaceful Parent, Happy Kids, I don't agree with everything in it necessarily but some of it I need to hear. I want to read Grace Based Parenting next.

We are having kittens like crazy around here, currently, we have 3 litters of 4 kittens each and one cat still pregnant. I guess I will have to consider getting them fixed after this. Also, having to put one dog on prozac....crazy. She HATES lucas (the one we had longer) and hubby doesn't want to get rid of her so we are working with the vet to solve this issue. We have to keep them separate or have a muzzle on her as it is. Hope the meds help. Did I tell y'all I got my bees? So that hive is all set up. Always exciting around here!

Sabrina

Farmgirl Sister #3275

Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - May 26 2017 :  11:05:47 AM  Show Profile
Sabrina - Not that it makes it okay, but she is foreign... and her opinion is "you pay me to tell you the truth." So I guess, scary to say, I paid her for her opinion, lol. I'm sure she is helpful for some people... as she encourages healthier foods and less processed products, etc, but ummm yeah... not helpful to me at all! Kinda like the books I suggested are not helpful to you at all ;) I sure hope one of the ones you rereading will give you some insight! I have issues with parts of To Train Up a Child (I am more a... grrr... what is it called? Cosleeping, "crunchy", Montessori loving, cuddly parent)... and try to combine parts of multiple "techniques." I can see where staking would be difficult with a baby.. like I said, I did it when I was pregnant... Sorry to hear your dog is still having so many issues! She gets along with the kids, though, right? Super exciting to have bees! We are hoping for those next year, but only time will tell!!!

~ Shannon, Sister # 5349
Farmgirl of the Month - January 2016
http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - May 26 2017 :  1:31:37 PM  Show Profile
Peggy, It looks like George's has made any plans I had go by the wayside. Jay has to deliver chicken in Cincinnati on Sunday morning and Dayton Monday morning. So I'll be Bach'n it again. We have a family reunion on his side in June. We have a big Rock Roast the Saturday after July 4th and then my family reunion in August, so he doesn't fuss about working this week-end. He doesn't like it but he'll take it so he can have a few other week-ends off during the summer.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page