Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2017 :  12:08:24 PM  Show Profile
Good Morning My Porchies...

Got on here late yesterday and did a long post and *POOF* it was gone. You all know how thrilled I am when
that happens!!! Grrr!!

Judy...just wanted to say I got my Tea Package yesterday!!! Best thing in my Mailbox for the past month!
Loved the tea selections...will save them for a cold rainy day...which won't be for long! LOL Though Father's Day it was 84 degrees and yesterday was 88 degrees. So, I think Summer might have found us here in the NW just in the nick of time. Sliding in right under the Calendar date for Summer! Loved the Tucks too girlfriend! One I laminated so I could both use it and enjoy it. ~ Hope you gave Dave a mop and bucket to help clean up the rain that got into your main level. Men! Never in ears-shot when you need them!

Heather...Love the Pictures you posted of the babies. Hogus & Pogus look like sweet little Angels! Are you sure they are really ornery? LOL MilkShake is a cutie too! The Camera seems to do the same thing when I get it out to take pictures of my Grand kids...they start acting dorky and I rarely get the shot I was hoping for. LOL
Are you making Freezer Jam or do you can yours? Sounds yummy either way.

Nora...what do Tums do for tomato rot? Always curious on gardening tips...even though I turned all my big Veggie PLanters into Flower Pots this year. I still can always switch them back when I decide to do Veggies again. I had two or three years in a row with small to no...harvest. So, I thought; might as well plant something pretty to look at and I went for flowers!

Christine...10 inches of rain in one week is awful. Sounds like the type of rain we get here. Does WI usually get rain like that? Weird weather patterns the last few years...that is for sure! Never know what to expect.

Teacher Tammy...God will take what is bad and turn it to good...even downed trees, fences and house repairs. I thought He started out fantastically by the Volunteers of students and family that came out to help. There are always blessings and lessons in each and every trial. Big Hugs and Prayers sent your way!!!

Becky...Tornadoes always freak me out...when I see the pictures of Devastation on TV News! We have small ones here once in awhile and like Tammy's storm they wreak enough havoc as it is. We have more small Earthquakes than we do small tornado's. We are always mentally prepared for the big one they say we are due for. But we
can't sit around worrying about them. The biggest Natural Disaster I was in was the Eruption of Mt. St. Helens. I lived in Spokane WA at that time (Eastern part of the State) and we got the most Fall-Out of Ash. It was like living on Mars or the Moon...everything was covered in ash and... it was like gray snow. It took months and months to get out from under it. And our City went black at 3:00 in the afternoon when the cloud of Ash came over us. It stayed that way until the next day.

Judith...Nice to see you have been lurking! And such a Wonderful Encouragement you gave Tea Lady Tammy. It is always comforting to know that someone else has been through something we are dealing with...and to hear that there is beauty when you come out at the other end. Yes, Indeed!!!

OK...hope I didn't leave anyone out...but I'm getting nervous as this post gets longer. But just one last thing to share. Then I'm out of here for awhile. One of my sweet friends and sister in Christ just died on Sonday from her struggles with Cancer. She was 53. I had mentioned her several times on here over the past year and a half. She was in my Bible Study Group. We all knew when her stem-cell transplant failed a couple months ago that Papa God was calling her Home. I just found out today that she passed on. I keep thinking about How the moment her Spirit left her body...she woke up in Jesus Arms and looked at Him face to face. No more Cancer and no more Mental Illness and no more pain or sorrow! So, I can only be Happy for her...she is safely Home with her Savior and those who have gone before her. What's NOT to LOVE about that? I know Jesus is already enjoying her Wonderfully Robust Laughter and her wonderful sense of humor. Our Loss is Heaven's Gain!!!

Love, Mercy, Grace and Peace,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Dec 2011-Farmgirl of the Month
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

Love The People God gave you...
Because He will need them back one day!
Go to Top of Page

MailLady
Farmgirl in Training

49 Posts

USA
49 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2017 :  4:49:15 PM  Show Profile
Peggy, we normally don't get deluges like this. We have the past couple years though. Despite all the rain last year there were few mosquitos. I heard that because the hard rains came every week they were flushed out and didn't survive to maturity. So there is an upside I guess. But meanwhile hay needs to be cut and roads are washing out and I can't keep up with the mowing.

I am sorry to hear of your younger friend passing. It is a year ago we lost our beloved and vivacious friend to Leukemia. One day she's her usual crazy fun self, the next she is gone.

Christine #7397
Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2017 :  5:17:03 PM  Show Profile
Peggy, bud rot is caused by either a lack of calcium in the soil or inconsistent watering. My plant was in a pot and is watered every morning so I deducted it was a lack of calcium. Tums and Rolaids contain calcium and dissolve in water to help the plant.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Farmgirl of the Month, January 2017
http://firecatinc.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2017 :  5:19:45 PM  Show Profile
Heather, love the pictures. Calves are so sweet.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2017 :  8:39:04 PM  Show Profile
Heather, love all the pics. Yes, cows can be hams too, can't they? Calves are cute when they bounce around, BUT I was watching a huge dairy cow in a field running and acting silly and I just laughed out loud(we were in the car)and told my hubby that I hope when I was older I hope I could still do that when the 'crazies' hit me. Hahaha She was a hoot!
Lenora, thanks for the tip. I didn't know about tomato bud rot. I've had tomato blight but not bud rot. Interesting!
We are enjoying temps in the mid 70's. Sure feels good after those 90 degree days with high humidity. Looks like these temps are going to stay with us for another week. Yeaaaaa!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
FGOTM:Jan.2012
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"
"The serious go through life blowing far too few raspberries!"
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2017 :  11:31:12 AM  Show Profile
Good afternoon ladies,
I do hope this finds you well and enjoying the first day of summer. It is a beautiful day here although they say we could have storms later. I am praying just rain and nothing like last week especially with hubby gone for a few days on a school trip for his FFA.

I have spent the morning getting my exercise in and doing laundry and finishing my housework that I started two days ago. lol I got distracted from it...hahahahah

Peggy so sorry for the loss of your dear friend. But I am sure she is happy in our sweet Jesus' arms. As you said there is beauty in that.

Judy I tried one of you teas last night as I sat under the starry sky and it was delightful. Thought of you the whole time.

I can't believe I am saying this, but a teacher never truly gets her summer off. Was a school meeting for scheduling yesterday and today signed up for some writing courses since I will be teaching writing and language arts grades 3-8. Not real sure how I feel about 7 and 8 but I am sure God will use it to grow me. I am still going to be busy with my little butterflies as I teach those when my kiddos are in classes with other teachers. Should be an interesting year.

My sweet grandsons will be here this weekend. My daughter in law has her class reunion and asked if I would watch. She knew this grandma would yes in a heartbeat.

well I am off to read a book and have afternoon tea.
love and hugs to you all,
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Purple Skies
http://mypurpleskies.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

DoeDear
Farmgirl in Training

12 Posts

Dorothy
St. Louis Missouri
USA
12 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2017 :  2:58:34 PM  Show Profile
Hi all! I'm just back from Oregon for my daughters wedding. It was cool in Portland and so hot and humid in St. Louis I practically wilted just getting off the plane!

Heather I love your pictures. They made me smile!

Peggy can you tell us the titles of your farm life book series?

Dorothy

"The sun was rising behind her now; she could feel the heat on her back, and it gave her courage." William Goldman, The Princess Bride
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2017 :  3:01:04 PM  Show Profile
Hi My Porchies...just came in from watering all my outdoor flowers as I don't think my son will even think about them. Suppose to be in the high 90's for the next 4 days (after today).
Pat is going to be watching the dog all weekend for us and holding down the fort. We didn't have to pay for dog-boarding that way. So, using that money to rent a car for the trip. Mine is almost 20 years old and Hubbies is a bit newer but has over 200,000 miles on it. Fine for around town but don't want to risk car trouble on the road. Larry said last night that this will be his last trip to Spokane. I don't even think we should go...but he is determined that I must see my Mother. OK! His health is a much bigger priority to me...but he is not
backing down. Stubborn Man! I just saw a book title that best describes my Mom's and my relationship..."I Like you Just Fine When You Aren't Around". LOL Like I have said before I love my Mother because she is my Mom...and we do have a few things in common, like our love for Flowers and Books and jewelry and knick-knacks. But other than that she is hard to be around as she is so controlling. But I will put on my Happy Face and deal with it and try to make the best of it. I know it is hard for you to understand if you have always been close to your Mother...I wish I could say the same thing. My Daddy...now he was a Prince of a Man. And Bless his heart...he loved her for 52 years and called her His Angel. I think he
will get extra Jewels in his Crown in Heaven.

Well, I have to do my nails and get a few other things done and hopefully a nap. I'm tired from all the things I have already done today just to get ready. The older I get the more stuff I have to take along. I wish I was more like my husband...he will take underwear and a change of clothes and he is good to go for 4 days. Men are funny! But I do love him dearly!

Hugs and Squishies,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2017 :  5:59:33 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
My whole post flew away! This will be very simple!

TLTammy, sorry about your situation. God really had you in the palm of His hand!

Judy, love your tea package! How are Patsy and your MIL?

Heather, love your furbabies!

Peggy, sorry about your friend! She's dancing and praising her Jesus! Hope you have a nice time with your mother. When it gets testy just remember WWJD?

Hello to everyone!

Be Blessed and Be a Blessing,
Darlene
Sister 1922
October 2016 Farmgirl of the month

John 11: 35 Jesus wept.

When Satan's knocking at your door, just say "Jesus will you get that for me?"

When it gets to hard to stand, Kneel!

Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2017 :  6:07:46 PM  Show Profile
Flowers for my ladies

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

2991 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
2991 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2017 :  10:17:51 AM  Show Profile
Beautiful flowers Nora!! How tall are your sunflowers? They look tall. I've never had any of mine get very big - but I only tried a couple times.

Peggy - I hope you have a safe, fun trip. I can my jam since I don't have a big freezer. I have 22 jelly jars and 3 pint jars of strawberry jam and 9 pints of peach sauce. My peaches were too ripe when I got them.

Judy - I always laugh at our cows when they've been penned up for a couple days and then they get let out again. Even our 13 year old cow (which is really old for a cow) will kick up her heels and run around. They're all like a bunch of little calves. Makes me smile just thinking about it now.

Darlene - I hate it when the computer eats my posts LOL!!

Hard to believe I'm sitting here in a sweatshirt after the 90's we had last week. Crazy weather, but the cows and I are enjoying this :) I picked some wild berries from the woods that I need to go make into jam. I didn't get very many because they're so small this year, but it should be yummy anyway. I hope it's quiet on the porch because everyone is out enjoying their summer.

~Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701
September 2014 Farmgirl of the Month
http://nndairy.blogspot.com/

"The purpose of life is to enjoy every moment" - Yogi teabag
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2017 :  10:25:58 AM  Show Profile
Nora...what Beautiful Flowers! I love flowers!!! They are one of several things that just
Delight My Soul. I take pictures of flowers on my walks and then post them on FB...when I'm not bogged down with hubby's Dr. Appointments.

Darlene...I feel your pain when you write a nice lengthy post and it flies the coop. So
frustrating. My visit with my Mom was good. Only twice did I have to bite my tongue or
just refuse NOT to go there with her. She is a good one for putting words in my mouth.
Telling me I said something...that I would NEVER say to or about anybody. It is hard not to
get defensive when shes does that. All in all it was a good trip but it took it's toll on
my husband.

Judy...what are you hearing from Patsy these days? How are the 3 gals doing? They should
name their new home. Something fitting. I don't know if they have pets or not but they could name it "Three Gals and One Old Hound" LOL or "Three Gals and Chicken Scratch"...you get the idea. Something Amusing. You know me...I name everything! LOL

Dorothy...so, you came to my neck of the woods for your Daughters Wedding. Well, you must have left just in time...because when we came home from Spokane...Portland was 106 degrees.
Vancouver where I live...just across the Columbia River was 98...but had been officially 103 this past Sunday. Spokane was only in the high 70's and 80's. The book series I was reading is called "A Farm Fresh Romance" I bought books 1-3 for a set price on my Kindle for 1.99 or 2.99 I can't remember exactly. They were nice easy reads...but there is more in the series. I am taking a break from the Cozy Reads for awhile and reading another book called "The Innocent" by David Baldacci. I love a wide genre' of books and am an Avid Reader. I can't take too many Cozy or Beach Reads in a row before I need something Action packed. LOL I also love some Sci-Fi, and my favorite genre' is Murder Mysteries. I also like Regency Reads and Christian Fiction too. I have almost a thousand read books on my Kindle, about 125 Audio books on my iPhone (as I listen to books while I do my five mile walk every day) and 125 Books I haven't read yet on my Kindle that are waiting for me to read...and those I have either gotten Free or bought them for 99 cents to 2.99 on my Kindle. So, I am never out of
reading material. If I had a few months when I was broke...I would still have books to read. It is my chosen form of Entertainment. I would rather read a book than watch TV or a Movie.

Teacher Tammy...I really hate that Teachers really don't ever get a full Summer break. I know it is important to keep your own Education up...but if anybody ever need a nice long relaxing break it is TEACHERS! I highly respect what you do...for so little pay, so little true Vacation Time, and so under-Appreciated by students and parents alike. But I keep thinking about the students that really love you because you make a real difference in their lives and their academics and then I know Why you do What you do. I felt like that when I Managed the Christian Book Stores...the pay was terrible, the people often rude, but I Loved My Job with a Passion and considered it one of my favorite Ministries. When your heart is passionate about something...no amount of $ really matters. I got offered many different jobs while I was a Manager in the Mall and they were all for better money but I turned them all down...strictly because I LOVED what I did.

OK girlies...I need to go spend some time with Papa God. Have a Wonderful Day! Do something today that is just a "Little Me Time" for yourself.

Love, Joy, and Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2017 :  10:43:39 AM  Show Profile
Hi Heather...you and I were typing at the same time. LOL I had a really good Trip! I love Jam canned or
frozen. So good!!! What kind of wild berries did you get? My Favorite are Huckleberries and you can get
a lot up in the Mountains but you have to fight the Bears for them. LOL When people do buy and sell them
here...they charge 12.-15.00 a quart for them. I tried to buy some from a Lady in Portland many years
ago at 9.00 a quart but when my husband stepped out of the car...she took one look at him and then told
me "I've changed my mind...I will not sell to you!" Oh, my goodness ... I thought she was joking until she told us to get back in our car and leave. All my husband and I could figure out is she knew my husband was
a Minister and wanted nothing to do with Christians. I teased him and said, "Wow...you must have preached a
Barn Burning Sermon one time and she heard your message and ran the other way!" ROFLOL

Ok...this time I'm really leaving girls.

Blessing Upon Blessings,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2017 :  12:16:00 PM  Show Profile
hello ladies,
it is a quiet afternoon here as the dogs sleep next to me and I am enjoying it. Just putting a few ideas together for something I had in mind for my classroom. Tutored this morning and then this afternoon just doing whatever. The insurance adjuster came to look at damage from storm. They will be replacing siding on two thirds of house, fixing some damage to roof, and replacing the fence that was took out. We will have to see what kind of estimate they come up with. I am not sure we can find the exact color of siding either and since they didn't do whole house don't know what that will cost us. But will have to see what is available first.

Friday going to get my granddaughters for a few days. Had the grandsons over the weekend. It was a a fun few days with them. The one granddaughter has an appointment to see how her asthma is doing on the July the 5th so they decided to spend days before with us.

Peggy glad to hear your trip went well.
Love all the pictures on here too.
well I believe it is tea time so off I go
love and blessings,
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Purple Skies
http://mypurpleskies.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2017 :  11:41:14 AM  Show Profile
The sunflowers are about 6 feet. I have another bunch that has to be 10 feet.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Go to Top of Page

Ladybek9756
True Blue Farmgirl

882 Posts

Rebecca
Linneus Maine
USA
882 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2017 :  07:14:44 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Ladybek9756's MSN Messenger address  Send Ladybek9756 a Yahoo! Message
Hello girls,
Sorry I have been MIA these last couple of weeks. The rain has been almost daily and when it is not raining I am
Working to get the garden planted. We just finished it yesterday before the rain came. An acre sure does take quite some time to get in. Some of the crops are already coming up. These two pictures show the number of crops we have planted.

Friends, like heirlooms, are a special treasure
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2017 :  12:23:30 PM  Show Profile
Good Late Morning My Porchies...

Becky...the garden is huge! 1 Acre is a lot of Garden...but you will enjoy the Fruits of your Labor in the
end!! What did you plant? Hope you're feeling better...we have missed you! Summer is kind of like that around
The Porch. People get busy working and playing and forget to come just sit a spell and breathe deeply of The Beauty All Around them!
I always loved watching the Garden Grow. So much fun to watch what your hands planted and watered and God caused to grow.

Nora...Sunflowers are such Happy and Joyful Flowers until the Old Ladies Bend Low with the heaviness of age and seeds. My sister and I always said we felt Like Sunflowers with our Fibromyalgia...as your body actually pulls forward with the gravitational pull when it is in Fibro Flare. Sometimes all we could see were our toes. My husband told me the other day that I was getting more and more round shouldered and my neck was pulling forward. I can feel it on my bad days. I try and watch my posture and stand & sit straight and tall on my good days
but there are fewer of those days in a years time. So, when your Sunflowers begin drooping say a little prayer for us little Old Ladies! LOL
Teacher Tammy...so glad that your damage will all soon be taken care of. I bet it looks better already. Though I hadn't realized you had siding damage on the house too. It seems like it would be best to replace the whole thing so it all matches etc. Never a dull moment in life...even if we could use a few. ~Keep a smile on your face...as God has your back!

Teacher Tammy...this crazy computer ate only what I wrote to you in this message. Go Figure! LOL So, I'm back on here re-typing what I had already posted. I hadn't realized that your house sustained damage too from the Storm. I thought just the corners of your roof. Wow! Pictures don't always convey what the eye actually sees. I bet you will probably have to side the whole house to be able to get everything to match. And the Insurance probably won't cover all that. We always find out just how good/or bad our Insurance is when we really need it huh? Well, I know God has your back...so just Trust Him!!

Well, not last night but the night before...my son who is staying with us...got news that one of his friends committed suicide because his wife was divorcing him. His other friend who lives next door to this man...heard the shot and ran over there because the man had threatened to end it all a couple of times. So, he walked into mass hysteria from the guys wife and children. So, Bill called 911 and the Coroner and took the family back to his house. Everyone so shaken up including Bill. His friend had blown his head off in the back yard. Not a pretty sight for his wife, children and friend to see. Then yesterday Bill had to go clean the mess up so the
family wouldn't have to deal with it. He said he threw-up several times. That is just so stinken sad!!! Then Yesterday at work my son found out that one of the women in their Portland Office had died that same night and a guy in Pat's office had a heart attack and died that night also. Every time we think we have it a bit rough God always shows us that there are those who are far worse off than we are. I have been praying for everyone involved in those People's Lives. I know the devastation suicide brings to those left behind.

Life is tough but God is Faithful!! ~ I have added a little routine to my daily devotionals that helps to calm my mind, body and heart from the daily stresses, chaos and trials and prepares me to spend time in God's Presence and it is this:
It comes from my devotional book "Jesus Always" by Sarah Young. I highly recommend her Devotional Books and Particularly this one:
She writes as God speaks to her...as these were her messages when she spent her own time in the Glorious Presence of God.

"As you sit quietly in My Presence, try Thanking Me silently each time you inhale (breathe deeply) and then as you exhale, affirm your trust in Me. The longer you do this, the more relaxed you will become."

I do this before and after My Time in The Word with Jesus...and any time I need to deep breathe just to wash away stress...which is often with my husbands moodiness. If this resonates with you...give it a try...it is very relaxing and quickly calms your mind and nerves. Remember that the Word of God tells us to Meditate on Him.

Have A Great Day My Porchies...Enjoy The Beauty and Blessings That Surround YOU!

The JOY of the Lord is My Strength,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Jun 29 2017 12:44:29 PM
Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2017 :  1:48:40 PM  Show Profile
Becky an acre is a lot of work but the reaping will be wonderful.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2017 :  4:23:04 PM  Show Profile
Hi girls.
Man-o-man Peg, What awful news that was for your son. How awful to feel so low in life that a person would end it all. I say that every time I hear such things.
You ask about Dave's mum. She's been doing amazingly well for someone who was actually on her death-bed a few times. God makes the choices, doesn't He?
As for Patsy's group... everything went caddy-wampus when her daughter, Kim, went out on a date about a week after they moved there, with some guy she met in a dating chat room while she was still here in Ohio, and she didn't come home. Evidently they got along very well and she just moved in with him. We were shocked. Then about a week later, on her little girls birthday, she came home to get some clothes and told her daughter she wasn't coming home and wanted Blaize to come with her. Blaize said no, she wanted to stay with Grandma. After all that's what they moved there for, to help patsy out... we thought. Patsy told her she wanted to keep Blaize even if that means adopting her. Since they all had a month long vacation planned with Patsy's SIL, Grace in a couple of weeks, Kim said they can talk about it later. Poor Blaize cried all night, patsy said. Imagine your mom doing that on your birthday. *geesh* Poor kid. Since Blaize is 15 now, she can make up her own mind where she wants to live... KY. law. Good! So... Patsy, Blaize, Grace and her grandson that she adopted years ago to raise so he wouldn't be cast out into 'The System'... are all in CA., right now visiting Patsy's youngest son and his wife and 1 yr. old daughter(new baby that Patsy hasn't seen yet. They will be there for about 6 days then they all will head back to KY. ...very slowly, sight-seeing, for about 25 days.
And that's the crazy story I've been avoiding as long as I could. Please keep them all in mind. Prayers are definitely needed here. More drama... just what we needed, was getting too quiet round here... too 'Normal.'
Enjoying our cooler temps though. Like Heather said, we've had to wear long sleeves and sweatshirts. Yesterday and today we have 86, then it's suppose to storm and go back into the 70's again. aahhh Ohio.

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2017 :  2:37:59 PM  Show Profile
Oh, My Goodness Judy...can life get any Crazier??? I can hardly believe what Kim did...and to her own daughter...on her birthday no less. That is awful! I am sure glad that she has Patsy and visa/versa. I hope Kim gets her head on straight...but it would be hard to trust her again after that stunt. NO MAN is worth giving
up your child over. And yet, you hear about it over and over and over again. Praying for you, Patsy and Blaize. And, I don't even have words for Kim...I'm so shocked!
~ It is HOT here...too. I just finished mopping floors and vacuuming. It about killed me!! You have probably all heard the saying..."Housework Done Correctly...can Kill YOU!" I'm living proof of it. LOL I will be
done for the rest of the day!

OK...have a good weekend girls. And a Safe and Quiet 4th of July!

Love and Smiles,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

Sobyn
True Blue Farmgirl

752 Posts

Sabrina
Kansas
USA
752 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2017 :  5:27:26 PM  Show Profile
Just a quick check in ladies!!

Tammy, I'm sorry I didn't see the post about your storm damage before, prayers for everything!!

Now much new here, Syd is back from camp yay! We have spent this week recovering from camp and the conference. Next week we have company. Maybe after that we can find some sense of norma.

I'll try to check in again soon!

Sabrina

Farmgirl Sister #3275
February 2016 Farmgirl of the Month
http://kidscrunchandchrist.com

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2017 :  11:46:59 AM  Show Profile
Ok...I've decided that the word "Normal" should be removed from the dictionary!!!
What is Normal anyhow? I think it was a word invented by a man... who had No clue
...I mean... men use so few words anyhow. Women use 100 THOUSAND words a day...
men use 500...and most of those are, "What did you say?"
What word would you like to see removed from the dictionary... and why?
Happy 4th!!!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2017 :  1:17:27 PM  Show Profile
Judy..."Normal" is just a Setting on The Washing Machine! LOL
I don't even know if this word is in the Dictionary (I've never looked) but I sure would love
it removed from The English Language F---. I hate that word with a passion and it makes
me angry when I hear it!

Hugs and Smiles,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2017 :  7:36:35 PM  Show Profile
AMEN sister!!! I have often wondered WHERE it came from...WHO started it and WHY it's been around so long?/!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

MailLady
Farmgirl in Training

49 Posts

USA
49 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2017 :  04:55:06 AM  Show Profile
Good morning ladies! The weather people say we are to finally get a four day dry stretch so hay is going down like there is no tomorrow! We are so far behind but with a foot plus of rain last month there was no way to get into the fields. I am glad we went to round baling as that means I don't have to help anymore. Hubby cuts and rakes and we hire a neighbor to bale it. So hubby has long days on the tractor.

Our dog is on house arrest for a broken foot. He has slow feet and got stepped on by a cow :(. It is no fun trying to keep a year old cattle dog entertained but fortunately he's a very good dog. Yesterday he and I went out and gardened a bit as I adopted 8 tomato plants from a coworker who ran out of room and was going to compost them. They are beautiful plants so I hope we get some weather that will give them a chance to produce. Anyway poor Zip the dog has to be on a leash or in a pen (I have a pen from his puppy days) for two weeks and then he'll be checked again. I hate to think of surgery as that is a lot of money :(.

Christine #7397
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page