Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

2991 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
2991 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2017 :  10:25:10 AM  Show Profile
Peggy - my wild berries are black raspberries. I have a pen pal in Montana that sent me some huckleberry jam a couple years ago. It was amazing!!! I wish we had some around here. Luckily the only thing I have to fight for my berries are the spiders and mosquitoes!! That it a funny story about the lady that wouldn't sell you the berries. Makes you wonder why! I don't like the f word either. I don't understand why people think they need to say it. It makes me stop listening to them. Unfortunately my family uses it a lot. I'm praying for your sons friends family. Suicide is a terrible tragedy for those left behind. And for them to have seen it too.... I can't even begin to imagine what they're going through.

Judy - I'm not sure I have any words to say about Kim. That's just crazy!! She's the one that just lost her husband right? And to do that to your daughter on her birthday! Teenagers need their mommas!!! I'm so glad she has Patsy.

Nora - 10 feet!!! Did you fertilize them? I must have planted the wrong kind! Do you know what kind yours are?

Becky - an acre garden! That sounds like a lot of work, but I sure would love all that food in my pantry (I'd love a pantry too LOL!) How are you doing? I've been praying for a cancer free report for you.

Christine - Poor zip! I hope he doesn't need surgery. He must have been stepped on good. I get stepped on during milking sometimes and it hurts! Luckily I've never had anything broken - although sometimes it feels like it. Especially when the ornery cow just keeps standing there on my foot and won't get off!! What kind of cows do you have?

Well, we're going to have a pretty busy week. The good Lord finally took my Grandpa home early Friday morning. I'm so thankful we went to see him Thursday. He was having a really bad day. We stayed for about 3 hours and had a nice visit. Nathan and I were talking on the way home about how we didn't think he'd be able to stay home much longer. Then I got the call at 6:30 am that he had passed about 3:30am. I'm happy he was at home like he wanted to be and that he is no longer suffering. The funeral is on Thursday and I just pray that there's no drama in the family over my grandparents stuff. We'll see what happens.

I should get the lunch dishes washed and some laundry taken care of while hubby's unloading hay. I hope you all have a wonderful independence day!

~Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701
September 2014 Farmgirl of the Month
http://nndairy.blogspot.com/

"The purpose of life is to enjoy every moment" - Yogi teabag
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2017 :  11:36:52 AM  Show Profile
Hi everyone! Things here are BUSY!!! They showed Wednesday night instead of Thursday night, which made things hectic to begin with! We were at the grocery store when they sent the text to inform us of the change... on Wednesday afternoon! Pure panic set in, as we gad plans, and I had to buy extra food. Because we had not planned on them being there until Thursday night, we had no activities planned on Thursday during the night, and after the last couple days we have had I'm thankful!!! They didn't get in until about midnight Wednesday night, so Thursday was a little laid back. Friday we went to Mount Rushmore and a Space & Air Museum. We ate dinner around 9 and went to bed at 11! We were back up at 6:30, got done and went to Devils Tower. They have a three mile "moderately strenuous trail" that we decided we could handle. I mean if it is just moderate, how can it be. Oh. My. Gracious!!!! I ended up burnt with heat exhaustion. The first half is down hill, which means the second half is... you guessed it... uphill! Our four year walked the majority of it, but I had to carry Emi (almost two) about half of it. I seem to forget I'm pregnant, hahaha. Today we just planned on going to church and relaxing. Apparently the good Lord thought it was better for us to stay home completely, as the morning while milking the goats, the two month old buckling caught his nub from debuting and ripped it off! So thankful our neighbor up on the hill is a vet tech as well as has goats herself! She and her hubby are down and checked it out. She says he should be fine, but that we should keep an eye on him over the next 24 hours, and keep him separated. Tomorrow we are headed to Reptile Gardens and I think out to eat. Then Tuesday woman go to a parade in town, but otherwise we are staying home and celebrating the fourth in the comfort of our own home. His parents leave Wednesday and then I ave about a week until the next set of visitors come... unless my parents come before then.

Tammy - how are things going with the storm damage? I don't know if I ever commented before, but we've been praying!!! So glad the Lord spared you from moe damage, but especially from harm!!!

Judy - oh how my heart hurts for Patsy and Blaize... but Kim as well! To do that to a child, she must be having so many emotional issues right now!!! If Patsy happens to travel up to my way, I'd love to meet her <3 As for the language issue.. ugh!!!! I don't swear, though I do use "Christian cuss words" such as fiddlesticks. I'm trying to break that habit! I hate hearing the other words and try to protect my children from them as much as I can... when they do hear them, we discuss other ways one's thoughts and emotions could be expressed without using the words!!!

Sabrina - I'm sure you are thrilled to have Sydney home from camp!!! It is always a joy when they can grow in heir interest at a camp, but oh how they are missed, especially when they are such a HUGE help at home! How are things going???

Becky - your garden is IMPRESSIVE! Oh how lovely the fruits of your labors will be!!! I still have not finished planting my garden! Grrrrr!!! i'm hoping to get out there soon, but all of a sudden we have a heat wave, so today is not the day!!!

Peggy - death is so much sweeter when you know the loved one is heading to Heaven! And yet it is hard for those left behind. Praying things are getting easier for you <3

Heather - I always love when you post pictures!!! I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your grandfather. And I'm thankful you got to see him!!! I sure hope there isn't any drama! There is still drama after my grandmother passed... and that has been many years ago! Probably close to eight now!

Christine - Sure am sorry to hear about Zip!!! Hopefully it heals quickly!!! On a different note, did you ever get our cow box from me?

~ Shannon, Sister # 5349
Farmgirl of the Month - January 2016
http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/

Edited by - hudsonsinaf on Jul 02 2017 11:38:27 AM
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2017 :  3:26:08 PM  Show Profile
Happy early fourth of July ladies,
It is definitely feeling like the fourth here with heat. But it is July. The insurance adjuster was here last week to evaluate our storm damage. The roof will need some work, half of our house needs to be resided and the fence will be partially replaced. We are waiting on the letter to tell us what is the next step and how much they will give us after deductible. We are most concerned about siding as it is older house and we don't know if we can get color match and we don't want the other half not done. That half would be our expense. We shall see what happens.

Granddaughters are here now and will be for few more days. Oldest one has appointment with her asthma doctor to see how her meds are doing. We will spend Tuesday at the lake. It is not exactly the beach I had in mind but it will do. Then Wednesday is our anniversary. 26 years with my best friend. Hard to believe.

I am working on tea tucks and will send out soon.

well I guess that is all hope yall are doing well.
love and blessings,
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Purple Skies
http://mypurpleskies.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2017 :  4:44:42 PM  Show Profile
Heather, I don't remember the type of sunflower. It's outer petals are reddish going to yellow and not as large flower as the ones in the photo.

The park is set up with spaces for the big yard sale. On the morning of the 4th there will be a line of cars out on the main road for a couple of miles trying to get in. I'm lucky I live up the road in the other direction so I don't have to deal with the traffic. Strange what things are looked forward to each year. Fried Turner ham sandwiches are the main reason we go. That and to see people we only see once or twice a year. Hopefully I find some goodies.

Then on Thursday, I go to Roanoke and get my granddaughter for a few days.

Have a great, safe 4th of July.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Farmgirl of the Month, January 2017
http://firecatinc.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2017 :  12:25:14 PM  Show Profile
Good Morning (oops Afternoon) My Porchies,

Have had a few very busy days and have worn myself out but good. Mostly having fun with my family.
My Son found out that they are going to have to move by the end of July. The house they are renting
is going to be sold. He really doesn't want to buy it unless they make him a Great Deal on it. So,
I have gone house hunting with them. They don't want to be forced into purchasing on such short notice
so they are looking to rent out in the area where they eventually want to Purchase Property and a Home.
Tomorrow I am going over to their place for a BBQ. Hubby will stay home alone again...but it's his choice.
I will probably take the dog with me...as he freaks with all the Firework noise.

I got my walk in early this morning...as last night people were already doing fireworks at 5:30 in the
afternoon ~ Until around 11:30. I have to hold my 30 lb Scottie the entire time fireworks are going off as
they just really freak him out. The Vet suggested Benadryl for him...but he fights me on it...I give him one of his pain pills for his hip...as those taste good to him. When you have Fibro and restless leg along with it...it hurts like crazy to hold 30 lbs of dog for hours. Have any of you with dogs every tried those Thunder
Coats for them to help with the sounds of Thunder (and fireworks) etc. I was wondering IF they really work? It would
be $ well spent if they do.

Well, I am NOT going to comment on everyone's posts...only because I have a splitting headache and I'm really fatigued. Hope you ALL have a Wonderful 4th of July!!!

Living in His Unfailing Love,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Dec 2011-Farmgirl of the Month
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

Love The People God gave you...
Because He will need them back one day!

Edited by - LadyInRed on Jul 03 2017 12:30:54 PM
Go to Top of Page

TexasWildflower
True Blue Farmgirl

206 Posts

Wanda
Hallettsville Texas
USA
206 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2017 :  6:25:32 PM  Show Profile
It's been a long time since I posted on here. Hope I do this right. :)

Peggy, I have heard of the Thunder Coat, but never used one. The reason is, I've had such great results from some drops I've used for a long time. They are called Spirit Essence Drops, and I get them from jacksongalaxy.com They have drops for many different things, including loud noises/thunder/fireworks. You can give the drops by mouth or just rub them on the fur. I keep a stock of several different ones, and reach for Nervous Nelly, for one of my cats, quite often. Hope this helps.

Wanda
Farmgirl sister #3399
www.wandasturrock.com
'The Simply Lived Life' blog http://www.wandasturrock.com/website/blog/
Go to Top of Page

MailLady
Farmgirl in Training

49 Posts

USA
49 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2017 :  6:57:41 PM  Show Profile
You can look online about how to make a wrap for your dog. Try that first before investing in a thunder coat as it doesn't work for all dogs. Benadryl in a nice piece of squirt cheese or liver sausage or pill pocket made for dogs makes pills go down easy. I put my dog's pills in a piece of bread smeared with peanut butter. He eats it every time.

The drops are interesting. What the heck, give them a go.

Christine #7397
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2017 :  11:06:57 AM  Show Profile
Well, Good Morning My Porchies...

It sure is quiet on here. I figured most people are on down time from their 4th of July Weekend.
My kids and I ended up doing something totally different. We went to Edgefield McMenimmans Winery
and Eatery. We had a lovely Lunch their at the Black Rabbit Rest. I had a Kale and Artichoke Sandwich
on their Homemade White Bread then grilled. It was so delicious!!! Then while we strolled some of the
72 acres they have all kinds of Bars and Wine Tasting Rooms you can enjoy. A lovely golf coarse, swimming pool, Hotel, Gift Shop and Sauna and Spa. And flower gardens you can enjoy too. It is a very neat place. The kids
and I went there 3 yrs ago on The 4th of July. And I found out from my Aunt that it use to be both a Poor House, and then a State Run Nursing Home. My Grandfather was put in there when it was the Poor House/Nursing Facility and he died there. It is now on the National Historic Registry and on The National Most Haunted Places in America Registry. They have some great stories about a few people who still haunt some of the Hotel Rooms.
Anyway...we really had a fun day and so enjoyed ourselves.

I have tried the pill pockets before Christine and my dog takes one look at them and knows there is a pill in
them and refuses to take it. The first time I used one he chewed the pill pocket and then spit out the pill still intact. He is too smart for his own good. The only way to get a pill down him is to smear it in butter. He knows peanut butter is a diversion to fool him and he won't fall for that either. I have even used liquid Benadryl drops and he holds it in his mouth and then shakes his head and sprays it all over my husband and me.
So, I don't think the drop suggestion will work for him Wanda. But Thank you both for your suggestions. That
was so great do know what other's have tried. I'm just glad we made it through another 4th of July and it didn't seem as bad as the last few years.

Hope everyone had a Great Fourth. Why Not Hop On and share what you did.

Hugs and Smiles,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2017 :  6:58:37 PM  Show Profile
Hi Yall,
Just thought I would see how everyone is. We spent the fourth at my my brother in law's lake house and that was fun. A mini beach lol Had the granddaughters last week and the fifth was hubby and I anniversary. Today I have been busy caring for my mom who is in not so good health right now. I am starting to think about school and my classroom. It will be time to get very serious about it in few weeks. Yikes where did time go?

Working in tea tucks. Have the tea just getting a few other goodies together. Hope to have in mail next week.

WEll time to water flowers and watch the sunset on a cooler evening. It has been very hot lately.
love and blessings,
Tammy

Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2017 :  4:56:52 PM  Show Profile
Well, the rock roast and the visit with my granddaughter; however, my luck sure stunk yesterday. Our granddog came for a visit and I was holding my oldest cat and got between them. Cleo's claw went through my finger yesterday morning. It started swelling in the afternoon. Then last night, I fell coming out of the chicken pen. I had to crawl to the bathroom this morning. I took Kayleigh back to Roanoke and went to MedExpress on the way home, my foot is just sprained and I'm suppose to stay off it and the gave me an antibiotic for my finger and I have to go to my doctor to be sure it's getting better not worse the middle of the week.

Hope everyone else had a great weekend.

o

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2017 :  5:32:37 PM  Show Profile
Hello ladies! I figured I better put in an appearance or Peggy would be after me with the posse lol.

It's unbelievably hot here and we're experiencing drought conditions already. We've been having sporadic rain but it only hits certain areas and doesn't cover the entire region unfortunately. Farmers are felling it badly and say the wheat has already been affected.

I bought myself a kayak this week! I've been wanting one forever and decided it was about time I treated myself. Started looking but Walmarts was out of them so I tried a couple of other places and lucked out that Tractor Supply had gotten one in and had it still in the wrapper. I had bought a blue patterned life vest the week before and lucked out the canoe is also blue :O) There's a group called Wild Outdoor Women (WOW) run by the State Park Service that put on events for women only. They just posted an event for September up at Lake Metagoshe and I've signed up. It's a weekend long event with 1 session Friday night, 3 sessions Saturday and 1 session Sunday morning. They have dorms up there that we can stay in too. I've signed up for the night on the lake Friday night, kayaking on Saturday, edible plants and how to cook, archery and a couple other classes. There were 4 options for each session.

Awesome story for you all - I was working the service desk two weeks ago when a woman came up with 32 gift cards and wanted $5 on each. While I was processing them we got chatting and she was getting them for the 4H Clovers for participation gifts. I mentioned that I missed working with the 4H program and missed the dog project. She invited me to the dog project judging the next Tuesday. As I work every Tuesday I told her I wouldn't be able to make it due to work. Looked at my schedule later in the week and discovered I had that Tuesday night off! I arrived and was just sitting down when one of the leaders approached me and asked me if I was the judge. I thought it a bit odd that the judge wasn't there yet. About 10 minutes later Robin, the woman I'd spoken with at Walmart came in and announced she needed to see all the leaders and then asked if I was there. I raised my hand as I was down a bit on the bleacher so she hadn't seen me. She pulled me aside and informed me the judge hadn't shown up and when she called the judge had thought it was Wednesday night. So she asked if I'd judge the showmanship and obedience (that's the only parts they have so far). After a minute of panic, as I judged agility not obedience or showmanship, I agreed to do it. Was that not a path being made! Talk about jumping head first back into it LOL

Please keep me in prayer this week. I have a job interview Thursday afternoon.

Well I need to get moving as I want to take the kayak out for a short spin before Jasper arrives again. I should stay home and finish cleaning but I need some outdoor time.

Have an awesome week everybody!

Tammy
Farmgirl Sister # 2363
Farmgirl of the Month November 2016
http://ndprairiegypsy.blogspot.com/
Prairie Critter Pet Sitter
"Pampered care for your pet"
Jamestown, ND
Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2017 :  6:06:49 PM  Show Profile
Enjoy the kayak, Tammy. Lucky for the 4H that you were there.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2017 :  8:00:01 PM  Show Profile
WOW Nora, my finger is hurting just reading your story. Hope the infection is gone and you are ok now.
Hi' Ya Prairie Tammy. Been wondering where you skipped off to. Good to hear from you.
Well, Patsy had a good visit with her son and is slowly traveling home. They saw the redwood trees in Yosemite over the weekend. She said she's never seen so many citrus groves, grape vineyards and acres of wind turbines in her life. Glad she's taking pics. Been so hot in CA she said.100+. blaaaaah
Not much new with me. We are still having cooler weather. Love that! Low 80's in the day and mid to high 60's at night.
Have a great week Gals!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
FGOTM:Jan.2012
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"
"The serious go through life blowing far too few raspberries!"
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2017 :  8:58:39 PM  Show Profile
Hi guys! I survived the week with my parents in law. They left on Wednesday. It was a rocky visit... and EXTREMELY busy! Most days we left by 9, after I milked the goats, and we weren't getting home until almost 12 hours later! My goats were not happy about that arrangement! Quite honestly, the children and I were not crazy about it either, hahaha. Tomorrow my parents are coming over... then on Tuesday my Aunt and Uncle are coming for the next two plus weeks.

My garden looks pretty pitiful! We are super HOT! And sooo dry! Such a difference in what we are use to! All Ive gotten out of my garden so far is one pepper :'(

Nora - will be praying for quick healing!!!

PGTammy - praying for your interview! We are having major issues with drought here. From the 4th of July, there were 20 fires just in our county! Why in the world people set off fireworks when we are in the midst of a drought just seems silly to me! But we also are not big firework people!

Peggy - how are things with your hubby? Praying for you as well.

Judy - i feel Patsy's pain with the heat! We are hitting about 100 right now as well. Just a couple weeks ago we were in the 80s!!! No clue where those days went!!! I didn't think we would need more than our little window unit - gosh amI missing central air right now!

~ Shannon, Sister # 5349
Farmgirl of the Month - January 2016
http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2017 :  4:58:34 PM  Show Profile
Hey sisters,
I brought us some iced peach tea. It is rather hot here today...feels like 105 with heat index. We had a storm last night that left us without power for few hours. Thankfully it was back on this morning before the heat hit again. Was tutoring at school and my room the air was not working. Made for a hot morning.

Tea packages are in the mail. The mail lady said someone is getting some fun mail. I said yes. Better than bills and junk.

Other than staying cool, just enjoying my last days before I have to get serious about school again.
love to all of you,
Tammy

Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2017 :  6:37:23 PM  Show Profile
Tammy, love peach tea, thanks. Can't wait for the mail to get here.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2017 :  8:18:35 PM  Show Profile
Yaaa! You are SO right Tammy... better than bills! Can't wait!
Thanks for the tall, icy cold glass of refreshment!
mmmmmmmmmmm...peachy
Been stormy here for 2 days too. Only 80 today but got really muggy before it stormed.

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2017 :  12:48:47 AM  Show Profile
Wow...The Porch has been a hopping while I have been off helping my kids pack and move. I have spent 5 days
at their house for 10-12 hours a day. I have moved so many times that I have developed a very effective system on how
to pack and move. The kids downsized and got rid of a lot of stuff. But after boxing up most of the house for
them...I told them that when they unpack they need to purge again. It is amazing what they have accumulated in the 3 years they have been in the house. ~ They found out last Monday that the Home Owners were selling off some of their best properties and my kids house was one of them. So, Shane hopes to have everything moved out by Thursday. I packed up most of the kitchen, The Pantry, The playroom, the office/craft-room/school-room. Sadie's Mom's bedroom, and bathroom and watched the kids while they made trips to & from the new house...which is 20 miles away. It has been exhausting but I am always glad to help. Plus my kids make me feel Like I'm The Wonder Woman of the The World of Moveing. LOL They really do make me feel like my efforts are greatly appreciated.

Teacher Tammy...so glad you got some Beach Time...even if it was at The Lake. Having the Grand kids is always fun too!!!And I hope your Anniversary was nice. And I'm looking forward to getting your Tea Pkg. My mail box
has only had bills or been empty lately. It will be nice to have some Farmgirl Mail to brighten my days.

This stupid computer just ate half of my post. But I will continue...

Nora...I'm glad you had your grand-daughter time. But the Grand dog seemed a bit more problematic...or maybe it was really the cat that was the problem. LOL Which ever...it doesn't sound like fun to have a claw go through your finger. Or the falling out of the chicken coop. I think you might need to take your pills and put your feet up for a few days and read a good book. Just get well and get rested girl!

Prairie Tammy...Sounds like you are really going to enjoy Kayacking. A lot of people are getting into that. I think it is great when we learn something new and gain new confidence in ourselves. I just bought two books
on Learning the Craft of Brush Lettering. Which is a style of Calligraphy. I have been wanting to try my hand
at this for quite awhile...but wasn't sure if I needed a new Project to take on. But one of my favorite Bible Study Teachers Margaret Feinberg just did a project with Jessica Taylor Designs...called Hand Lettering God's Love. Add God into the equation and I'm all about that!! I use to love practicing Penmanship when I was in School and won a few contests for the Prettiest Handwriting. So, these two books are actually practice books...one Letter at a time. The second book is Calligraphy Made Easy by Ashley Gardner and it teaches the same simple calligraphy style of Brush Lettering. So, I have the two Practice Books and my pens...but have had no time to call my own...to start practicing. But I am really looking forward to starting soon. ~ So, it is always nice to step out of your comfort zone and pick up a new talent...keeps Life more Exciting and not so hum-drum.
Praying for your Job Interview Thursday.

Hi Ya Judy...wow, CA really is right in the middle of those Heat Advisories. Eastern WA where my Mother lives
has had some real high heat days too. Glad Patsy is headed home and that she had a good visit. Anymore updates
on Kim and her daughter? Is Patsy going to try for Custody? It sounds like she could offer her a more stable Home Life. Many a Grand Mother have had to do that. ~ We have been having the same weather as you. Which is nice. Love when it cools down at night...makes for better sleeping right? ~ I plan to stay home tomorrow and get something done here. I hope my DIL doesn't need me...but if she calls I will go...because when family needs you...you just put everything else off and GO!

Shannon...sounds like you are having a lot of Company...which can be both FUN and draining at the same time.
How are you doing with the heat and your pregnancy? I was only pregnant once in the summer and it was Murder.
I like those Winter babies a lot better. I heard that babies who are born in the Sept. - March are healthier children and live longer as Adults because they had to be hardy to survive the colder months. Don't know how much Truth there is to that...but kind of makes sense. ~ My husband is the same...good days and bad days...but
I will take each moment we have together...only God knows how much time he has left. Thanks for your prayers and thanks for asking about him.

Teacher Tammy...it's hard to believe that you even have to contemplate School again so soon. But you start in
August sometime right? Hope you get Wonderful Butterflies this year and that God gives you the strength to handle the new things you have to teach.

OK...Hope I got every body. I feel like I could go to bed and sleep for about a year...I'm so tired tonight.

Pleasant Dreams Girlies,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Jul 12 2017 01:05:30 AM
Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2017 :  06:57:45 AM  Show Profile
Peggy, I hate moving. So nice of you to help others move. Yes I've been sitting with my finger and foot up except for going back to the doctor and letting chickens in and out. Think I'm going to do the front porch some today. Wish I could cross stitch, but without a first finger it's hard to do.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Go to Top of Page

Sobyn
True Blue Farmgirl

752 Posts

Sabrina
Kansas
USA
752 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2017 :  10:48:03 AM  Show Profile
Hello all!

It has been crazy as usual here. Not sure what to do to make it less so honestly. We are still having incessant behavior problems, I'm at a complete loss and feel like I must have just royally failed as a parent to have raised such mean, rude, disrespectful kids. I just don't even know what to do anymore. I've taken nearly all the toys away (have to leave some out for Dan), have not let them go to special activities, have made them sit with me most of the time....nothing is making an impression they just seem to get meaner (specifically my 5 and 7 year olds). I don't know how to impress upon then to respect me and be kind to each other. Sigh.

Ok enough of that pity party. Last week we had company and then spent the rest of the week recovering. I had an incredibly stressful event that set me back a bit with my adrenals. My dog that was attacking the other dog finally stopped (thanks to prozac) but now she is killing kittens. I don't think she is doing it out of aggression, I suspect she is trying to play but 90lbs is no match for a tiny kitten. I wish they would just stay out of the yard but for some reason they keep coming in. No idea what to do about that.

It has gotten pretty hot here and is more humid than I expected this area to be! My electric bill was awful this month so I'm trying to keep the ac as low (high? I'm not sure the right way to say it-the temp high) as possible and open windows at night when it is cool enough. My house was built before AC was a thing so it SHOULD be built to cool naturally as much as possible.

Well I just wanted to pop in and say hi really. Hopefully the busy slows down soon!

Sabrina

Farmgirl Sister #3275
February 2016 Farmgirl of the Month
http://kidscrunchandchrist.com

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2017 :  3:26:29 PM  Show Profile
Hi girlie's! Well after our cool spell, today was almost 90...BUT...felt soooo good to me. Then around 5 it started dropping again. Tomorrow it's low 80's again... for another week. Crazy huh? We all have weather we aren't use too this year.
Peg, remember?...Patsy has Blaize(grand-daughter)with her on this month-long vaca. Today they went tobogganing in the sands of the east Colorado dessert. Sounds like fun huh? Instead of snow you use sand.*weeee*

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2017 :  12:17:04 AM  Show Profile
Judy...I did know Blaize was with Patsy...I just wondered if Kim was going to fight her daughter being with Grandma or not once they got back home. Just curious and wanting to know how to pray. We are suppose to be in
the low 90's on Friday and then a week in the 80's. It has been so lovely...really enjoying the Perfect Summer Weather. ~ I did take the day off from packing things up...but had the Grandkids at our place tonight for about 4 hours. We ate dinner, played a little bit, sat on the Porch and had ice-cream bars and then I had mommy bring
over the double seated stroller and so I took them on a four mile walk, stopping by a school play ground after 3 miles. Elijah pitched a fit about leaving...so as I'm trying to strap him in the Stroller he starts hitting me and wiggling out...finally I had it with the fighting and I yank him out and gave him a couple good swats on the bottom...and told him he was walking the last mile home. So, he ran ahead of me and ran about 1/2 mile then he came back to where I was...and by then he had calmed down...and we had a nice long chat about why he acts out when anyone tells him to do something. Once he calms down...then you can talk and reason with him...but I am not a fan of the hitting, kicking, and angry yelling he does. I told him that we wouldn't have Grandma Days if he was going to behave like that. I also said that I really Loved Him, but not his behavior when he doesn't get his way. He apologized and promised not to behave like that again...because he really wanted to keep having Grandma Days. I still made him walk the rest of the way home...and he did it without complaint. When his parents got here to pick him up he told them how he behaved but that he didn't want to quit having Grandma Days because he really really loves Grandma Peggy. LOL He is really a strong willed child let me tell you. So opposite of both his parents when they were children. And yet he is also the Sweetest Child in the World most of the time. He delights my heart like no child ever has before.

Sabrina...you are always busy girl! We have grown to understand that about you. LOL Mercy me...I am glad the dogs aren't fighting any more but killing the kittens isn't good either. That has got to be hard. As far as your children go...well, you just read about my 4 year old grandson...I have no wisdom for you! Raising kids is a challenge...no matter what their age. You can do what you think is the right things in rearing them...to later in life have them blame you for screwing up their lives. LOL It is not an easy thing to do...and each generation has their own set of problems to deal with. Just keep praying for each of them and asking God to give you His Strength and Joy in the process. Most parents deserve Metals or Awards for how hard they work trying to get them raised and out of the house by 18 or 19. I never had my boys disrespect me when they were growing up or even cuss at me (like so many of my friends kids did)...so, I considered that a Gift from God! They did many things wrong growing up...but we all lived to tell the Stories and laugh about them later in life...though they were hardly funny at the time. So, patience little mama and lots of time on your knees for them.

OK...I'm ready for bed. Sweet dreams,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Jul 13 2017 12:24:17 AM
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2017 :  09:45:35 AM  Show Profile
Peg, Kim was suppose to be with patsy too. This vacation was planned months ago. Kim decided a new man was more important to her.They said that once everyone gets back from their trip they will talk about what they will do. Poor Blaize is going to be shuffled around, I'm sure. Can't keep her mom from seeing her. Who knows, Kim may find herself coming back if this man gets tired of her.It's all a LOT of stress on Patsy! And she was already stressed. On the other side of the coin, I can see where God is telling her it's time to move out of her dreary mood and see that she has a lot to offer others still. It's settle but I can see His hand in this. Unlike me who has always been an independent loner-type, my sister is such a loving, warm, giving family person. She has a lot to offer others. Wish I were more like her!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2017 :  09:57:54 AM  Show Profile
Peg... You took a grandchild in a stroller and NOT SNICKERS??? Did he forgive you? Is he speaking to you yet?hahahaha

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2017 :  1:06:55 PM  Show Profile
Judy...No, actually he is pretty ticked off at me! LOL I just couldn't figure out how to push 2 Strollers at
the same time. I'm sure I just got bumped off the GOOD PET MOM OF THE YEAR List. LOL I keep singing the song
"I will Survive" but he isn't picking up on the hint that I'm singing about him not me!

Big Hugs,
Peg

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Jul 13 2017 1:07:49 PM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page